You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Fuck! We're losing him! Someone get me some damn sutures!” Exclaimed the voice of a disgruntled medic nin. he unconsciously knowing that his pleads would fall on death ears. Crimson liquid seeped through the tightly pressed hands, that vainly tried to stop the flow of life's essence from flowing from the gaping wound across the young man's stomach. There was nothing the medic nin could do as the one he were suppose to save were now dying, all because of a mistake. All because of him forgetting to bring those fucking sutures! As the breaths of the man began to get shallower by the second, life slowly draining out of the once oceanic blue orbs, the medic couldn't help but to take a look at those around him. Something he would regret. . .

Forming a semi-circle around the medic nin were three chuunins, all recently promoted, if the man's memory served him right. And usually it did, but because of the earlier blunder, he doesn't have much confidence in said organ. All of the chuunins were worried for their sensei's life, this was clearly shown on their face. But there were other emotions that, despite not being clearly shown on their faces, were seen within their eyes – loftiness, detain and hatred for the incompetence of the medic nin affront of them. For, because of his lack of preparation that their sensei was now dying. And if it did come too pass. His blood would be on the medic's hands – no one else. It was that knowledge that shook the resolve of the physician. And yet he continued to look around, caught up in his own musing.

From what the medico gather, having been called to assist them, was that the four, trio of chuunin and Jounin, were assigned a mission. A patrolling assignment to the southeastern border of Iwagakure – to be precise. They were task in relieving the duty of another group station out there. And seeing how for the past few months everything was relatively peaceful, with no suspicious activity going on or enemy sightings – the mission was considered easy, especially for rookie chuunin. Just sit, watch and report anything suspicious to their supervisor. Nothing more. Nothing less. Simple right?

Wrong!

After relieving them of their duties, the group began their own patrolling of the area; checking in with their supervisor periodically. Everything was going perfectly fine, till they attack. Like an unheralded tornado, a group of four robed individuals attacked the unexpected group – with trained precision. Numerous of times throughout the battle, the chuunins could had died but was saved by a luck of faith. With the combine skills of the trio and their jounin they manage to prevail against their assailants. But there was a price to pay for such a victory, their sensei getting mortally wounded by a slash that was meant for one of his students. Thus bringing us back to the current situation.

What are you doing? Stop looking around and save that man!” Bellowed another voice, grabbing the attention of all of them present, causing them to look in the direction of the voice. Moving towards them was none other than Guanyin Nanashi. Threw a stroke of luck, the Guanyin had been returning from a mission of his own, when he spotted the group of Iwa nins. It was going because of his curiosity that he managed to excess the situation and decided to intervene – when he noticed the medic nin wasn't doing their job properly.

Who are you?” One of the chuunin asked, the others not letting their guard downs, despite the man affront of them appeared to be a comrade.

Chuunin Guanyin Nanashi, Shinobi of Iwagakure, Medic nin and apprentice under Sakino Marise.” Nanashi stated, his words coming out smoothly as if the man had rehersed them countless of times affront of a mirror. The man even flash his identification card, for even more proof.

Chuunin Guanyin, can you save our sensei?” The only female of the group asked, trying to fight by the tears that were threaten to fill out, she couldn't cry in front of her comrades and sensei!

I will do my best.” Nanashi stated, having breached the human barricade, and was now kneeling on the opposite side of the bleeding jounin. “So, what's the situation?” Citrine eyes looking at the other medic for the information.

Jounin Ine suffered a severe gash across the abdomen. The wound has been clean and disinfected to the best of my ability. As for the man's status? He's in critical condition and falling rapidly.” The medic stated, trying to be as professional as possible.

How long has he had this wound?”

Anywhere from six to ten minutes.”

Have you given him a blood relinquishing pill?”

Yes sir, one, when I got here.”

Good, wipe the wound in gaze for now. Get some of these chuunins to help you.” Nanashi stated.

Sir, is that wise?”

For now? Yes, but I have a more peremant solution. But before that I need to erect a barrier of sorts around us. Just in case others might attack us.” Nanashi stated, getting a nod from all parties.

What kind of barrier?” One of the chuunin asked, slightly curious at the medics skills.

Something of my own creation. It was made exclusively for situation like this.” The Guanyin stated, as multiple of needles formed in his hands, these needles weren't exactly chakra needles but rather those from the Guanyin's Drakpo technique. Infusing them with raiton chakra, Nanashi tossed them into the air, watching them fall harmless to the ground. Making it seem like the technique was a fail. Only when Nanashi activated the raiton chakra within them, did a spherical shape of lightning chakra and electricity sounds the group – even going underground a couple of meters.

What is this?” One of the chuunin asked, been stopped by Nanashi from touching the barrier.

Raiton: Kekkei Denryu, is a technique designed by yours truly. The purpose of the technique is to create a barrier, protecting those within it from chakra base attacks. This allow medic nins to potentially heal others amidst a battle within the encampment. Any physical contact with the barrier will cause electrocution and first degree burns that progress to second degree if the contact was prolonged.” He said, the chuunin who started to touch it looking sheepishly now. Them almost getting fried for their curiosity.

The technique can also be used when one is cornered and waiting for support too arrive or something. Sadly no offensive techniques can be used in conjunction with it. A price I will pay, if it means I can heal my patients thoroughly.” Nanashi explained, not minding at all that he basically told them the jutsu's weakness and purpose. They were comrades, so why shouldn't he share some information. Not like it would be any use to them anyway. “Does that answer your questions?”

Hmm, yeah.” The chuunin said.

With their curiosity sate, Nanashi turned his attention back towards the other medic nin and the downed jounin. Without saying a word, the chuunin kneel beside the wounded man – citrine eyes taking stock of the man's condition. The man's wound having been covered in white gaze, that had now turned pinkish-red because of the blood seeping through it. The Guanyin knew that he had to seal up the man's wounds, and while he could do it while the Jounin was conscious – it wasn't exactly ideal.

Can you hear me?” The Jounin nodded, so he was still consciousness for the most part. Good.

In order for I to heal you. I will need to put you into a deep slumber. It be easier that way and cause less stress on the body.” Nanashi explained “The technique in question, stimulates natural occurring transmitters within the brain that effects one's sleep.”

Another nod.

You will be out, till I wake you up.” Another nod. And with that Guanyin Nanashi, chuunin of Iwagakure, medic nin and apprentice of Sakino Marise – began the hand signs needed for a jutsu of his own creation.

Nirvana's Lullaby . . .

God he hopes this words.

]Raiton: Kekkei Denryū|B-Rank|1376 of 1350|Thanks to Quick Learner|Complete|]

“Nana-kun. Do you know what Serotonins are?” Marised asked, the head medic of the hospital was sitting behind her mahogany desk sipping on a cup of black coffee – enjoying it's taste along with giving her a much needed caffeinated boost. Shadows creeped along the plain walls of the office, sneaking away from the moon's light that came through crystal clear windows. Well not exactly crystal clear, seeing how there was a smudge on the bottom window panel. Someone was obviously not doing their job properly She mused, her seductive whiskey brown eyes looking at the young chuunin for an answer.

The question caught him off guard, the Guanyin member having been busy filling out some papers regarding a few new patients and wasn't paying much attention to his mentor. Pausing momentarily, closing the folder that he was writing in, Nanashi thought about the question asked. Serotonins? The word sounded familiar to the medic, but he couldn't remember why and it was bugging him to no end. With a mental sigh Nanashi decided to give an answer “No, I don't. But the word does sound familiar to me.” he admitted, a little shamefully.

“Want to take a little more time in thinking about it? While I never covered the word with you, it has been in some of my words, that I noticed you been reading.” Marise stated, noticing that Nanashi wasn't phrased by the fact she knew about he reading her material, when she told him not to. The boy had a thirst for knowledge and it remainder her of her own self. And he would do anything in his power to get said information, consequences be damned. He weren't like the others who asked permission to read such materials. No, the Gaunyin took what he needed without care. He remainder her of himself in that expect. Because of it, she chose Nanashi has the inheritor of her will and knowledge. Not like the young man particularly knew about the former or later. For all Nanashi knew was that by some stroke of luck, he became the apprentice of the head medic. Not that through some scheming and calling in favors, Marise had manipulate the situation into her favor – thus setting into motions events that led Nanashi to her. She will never admit that because of her selfishness of wanting an heir that she had blackmailed others, who wanting to teach the promising Gaunyin member, in not doing so. Call her whatever you want, but Marise knew what she wanted and did what was needed to get it. Just like Nanashi does.

“Serotonins, aren't they transmitters of sorts?” Nanashi said unsure, while remembering that he did come across the word in one of her books. Yeah, the fact that Marise knew about him reading her material, didn't bother him at all. And it seemed like his mentor didn't care, as well. The chuunin medic would be the first to admit, that Sakino knew her stuff when it came to the medical field. Nanashi didn't understand half of the stuff that she talked about within the books, he doubted others would have either., they were written in such a way that only those who had years or decades in the field would understand them – abrupt barely. It was in her books that the word serotonin was mention, something about it being a transmitter, and that's all Nanashi could remember at the point.

“That's just the tip of the iceberg.” Marise replied, sipping on her coffee and she tried to collect her thoughts about the subject matter. Though it didn't take the long seeing how serotonin was/is one of her favorite transmitters to talk about. The applications of them are vast and numerous – pity no one else realize it like she did. Well maybe that will change with Nana-kun. Finishing the cup of coffee, Nanashi looked at her apprentice, who was patiently waiting for her to continue.

“Please pay attention, for what I'm about to tell you. The word Serotonins is the common name for, 5-hydroxytryptamine, a monoamine neurotransmitter founded within all humans and animals. In a nutshell it's a hormone, that plays a role in many of our functions. Everything from happiness, depression, mood swings, sleeping, eating habits, learning, etc. serotonins places a part of all of those things and more. The hormone can also be founded naturally in some food. Now imagine all the possibilities if one is able to convert their chakra into this chemical?” Marise stated, not bothering to say anything else, allowing Nanashi to mull over the possibilities for himself.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nanashi remember that conversation all those months ago. At the time he didn't know how to convert his chakra into a chemical, elements is one thing, but a chemical? For the former geisha, he thought that was an impossible feat. But through some trial and error the silvered haired male had managed to do just that. And now, for the first time since he practice the jutsu, he was about to use it on another living human.

Landing on the appropriate hand sign, he felt the chakra building up in his lungs and mouth, slowly exhaling the chakra as it turned into a fine mist as it escaped his lips. Yellow eyes watched passively as the mist flows downward towards the injured male, it being inhaled by said male due to his shallow breaths. The effects were instant with the male falling asleep. Nanashi knew that this particularly jutsu usually take effect relatively quickly, but to see it put a grown man to sleep in such a short amount of time was interesting to say the least.

“Is he alright?” One of the concern chuunin's asked.

“Yeah, the jutsu was a success.” Nanashi stated, checking the man's vitals to make sure the jutsu didn't have any other side effects, that he didn't catch till now. Everything checked out.

“Now lets patch up this wound and transport him back to Iwagakure.” Nanashi stated.

Twenty minutes passed by quickly for the group of Iwagakure shinobi, as the two medics worked on patching up the wound, before sewing it up with some sutures that the other medic found on his person. Throughout the whole time, Nanashi was directing the other medic through what was needed to be done and how to do it properly. The former geisha didn't prize himself on being a teacher but he was doing a decent job with teaching the other medic the skills that he should have been taught. Though there were times where the medic did mess up but Nanashi easily corrected the mistakes and showed him what he did wrong. Along with given him pointers. All the while maintaining the barrier.

“And we are done. Now we should be able to move him.” Nanashi stated, sighing as he dropped the barrier from around them. Keeping up a B-rank barrier was such a period of time did cause some strain to one's body, so it was expected. Standing up from the resting position, the medic stretched before looking at the other chuunins who looked relieved.

“Thank you, for your help.” The female chuunin stated, shaking the male's hand.

“No problem, glad I can help.” Nanashi stated, returning the handshake and smiling warmly.

“We should move now. . .before someone else shows up.” He stated, before stepping away from the downed male, as the other chuunins picked up their sensei and began moving out. The two medics were on either side of the patient, constantly checking his vitals, making sure everything was okay. It would take a hour for the whole group to return to Iwagakure, having to move extremely slow in order not to jar the injured male to much, and emitted the man into the hospital – where the doctors would take up healing the male from there. After emitting the man, Nanashi went back about his day, a smile on his face, for he had just learnt two jutsus.

[Nirvana Lullaby|B-Rank| 1354 out of 1350|Quick Learner|Completed]

[Thread Finished]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.