You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The night was upon Kenji and he was strolling through the village with his gloves shining his path, and his sword with a few inches showing reflecting the moonlight. Patrolling wasn't what his stroll truly qualified as; the night air, it's temperature, and the overall ambiance attracted Kenji and he found solace in partaking in the fruits the night offered. His stride began to let up as he allowed himself a moment of vulnerability; the stars had a way of captivating him, the moon was his loyal companion, and the night air was the most seductive of all. Without the breeze and the chilly shudder it sent echoing throughout the genin's body none of the other elements could thrive. It was the night air that gave him the serenity needed to allow himself to be captured by the celestial marvels. Twinkling trying to tamper with the time Kenji perceived; the stars had a way of bringing time to a screeching halt. The moon was his savior, as its magnitude snapped him out of the siren song, and enable him to enjoy nature in a more conscious manner. This sequence felt like forever but it only lasted a moment as the shinobi quickly regained his pace and became relatively alert.

Uneventful was the motif of his day, but his night was becoming anything but; foot steps that rivaled that of a T-rex could be heard several meters behind Kenji. He paid it no mind as he had mapped out the stalker's position via the loud sound, it became apparent that the announcement of their presence was an accident as the sound began to trail off. Smiling shamelessly, No, it's a genjutsu; how could I let myself be ensnared by such a simple genjutsu. He deducted that much because even though loud it was clear that it came from close, if you're good enough to get that close to a trained shinobi, you're good enough not to give away your position so blatantly. If that wasn't enough the overall volume of the approach was almost fictional, nothing in the area could cause such a ruckus. And now it was trailing away, no. Kenji simply closed his eyes and he kai'd out of the auditory illusion. Kenji was no longer smiling; as soon as he freed himself effortlessly from the genjutsu he could sense the assailant behind. He quickly drew a kunai and threw a few feet in front of him. The prowler's intentions were obvious, he set out to threaten and harm Kenji; either through some personal vendetta or for mere personal gain; he probably saw Kenji's lustrous gloves and desired them. Indicative of how the developing foe set up the ambush he didn't appear to be one to waste time, so Kenji reciprocated his fervor when he quickly flung his kunai into the ground in front of him, when did that he placed a substitution on it; Kenji executed the maneuver so discreetly he would be immensely impressed if the attacker even noticed it. Kenji's disposition had yet to change and his opponent was probably unsure to if the walker was aware of his presence; he would be wise to think otherwise as he had to know he no longer had Kenji under his genjutsu. 

It felt as if the stars were still manipulating Kenji's perception; time had slowed to a dramatic rate and Kenji was all too braced for impact. Suddenly a sharp poke, ever increasing in intensity was driving into the middle of Kenji's back, as a Kenjutsu practitioner he immediately recognized that it was a short blade weapon, most likely a tonto. A very useful weapon. Unfortunately the tonto would have to settle for clashing with a kunai as opposed to the shinobi's spinal cord. The small area that once held the blue-haired genin was now shrouded in a white cloud of smoke, in it not only concealed Kenji's scape goat, but also a charging irate shinobi. This was a new Kenjutsu he'd been working on, a technique known by many of the village hidden in the clouds. I can't wait to see the look on this asshole's face. He wasn't planning on actually piercing the intruder but he was definitely going to give the culprit a fright. It only took seconds after the substitution for Kenji to have his sword thrusting upward against the belly of the stranger. It was a... it was...

It was Latika. Latika was Kenji’s best friend when he was a child. But due to Kenji’s incompetence, she was killed by some monstrous crab. But now, she was here. “This can’t be… you’re de.. dead.” Kenji began to desperately try to kai out of the illusion. The light-skinned teenager was gorgeous; with medium black hair that reached her chin. Her eyes were almond shape and had a soothing dark brown color. She looked almost just as he remembered, either this genjutsu was too powerful for him to kai out or this was some girl that looked like his best friend, his true love. “Alright, I’m going to ask you one time and one time only… who are you?” She stared at him, with her subtle curves slowly entrancing Kenji. “I am Latika Kenji. I suffered some gruesome and unappealing scars when I was attacked by that crab, so I’m using genjutsu to mask my true appearance. To be truthful, I’m quite disappointed you are not strong enough to break it.” When they were kids their prowess in genjutsu was always equal, but it seems she has surpassed him, for now. Latika was not a Chikari, but a Kurama; a clan even more recognized for genjutsu. Kenji didn’t know about the Kurama until he met Latika, and their potential in genjutsu far exceeds his clan’s. Kenji glared at the “Latika”. He bit down on his tongue and freed himself of the illusion. Her head immediately fell down so that he couldn’t see her face. Both arms were wrapped in bandages, and she stood off balance; upon further observation he saw that she had a prosthetic leg, it was obvious but he could tell. Kenji lip began to quiver as he remembered the incident that robbed him of his companion, that sadness quickly transformed into guilt as he remembered how he laid unconscious useless. Even though her head was down he was aware she was smiling. “You were always resourceful, even when that crab attacked us, even though you were distracted, by me, you still reacted so quickly. But it was giant crab and we were kids; what exactly could we have done.” “IF I WASN’T HELD PRISONER BY MY STUPID EMOTIONS I COULD’VE AT LEAST GIVEN YOU TIME TO ESCAPE DAMN IT!” Kenji chest was now rising up and down as he was being overwhelmed by his guilt. Latika put her hand over her face, “I can’t stay any longer, I’ll find you again when I’m in a more stable state.” She vanished… Kenji stood there in the moonlight, the light that bombarded the tears made his face sparkle. The genin fell to one knee and used his sword as a crutch to keep him from falling completely. A small grin came unto his face as Kenji said to himself quietly, “I guess I gave you the time you needed after all.” It comforted him but those bandages; there was something peculiar about them… Kenji was not in the slightest convinced of that mystery woman’s intentions or her declared identity as Latika, as the reason for seemingly attacking him in the night was still unclear. He decided his stroll had been eventful enough and went home to try and rest his mind.

TRAINING JUTSU, C-RANK; "CLOUD STYLE BEHEADING"
1318/1250
+25% DUE TO KKG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.