You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skye

Skye

D-rank
As Skye walked through Kumo, he had his hands resting on the back of his head with his arms out the the side. He had a huge grin on his face and was incredibly excited to go train with someone he looked up to. Looking back to see if Raijin was still close by, he nodded once he got a quick glance of him. While walking, he went down the directions of where the Battle Plateu was. Now that he looked back on it, taking a good week or two away to learn every inch of Kumo was really coming in handy. Unfortunately, he felt the need to repeat the directions in his head. It was the only way he could really remember where everything was. Skye let out a deep sigh and slowed his pace so he could get a little bit of chat time with his sensei. "So... That blind girl Himi... Is she okay? I remember the other day she kind of... had a mental breakdown and started spazzing out..." His voice sounded rather concerned for his teammate. Though he only saw her twice, the first time ended rather quickly with Raijin picking Himi up and rushing ahead. Then the second time, it ended up with her breaking down. There was something amiss with the girl, and seeing as Raijin was the one who was the one he knew to be the closest to her, it only made sense to ask him. Once he received an answer, the time spent talking would shorten the boring walk and get them to he plateau quicker. It wouldn't actually get them there in a more speedy way, but it would certainly help pass the time.

Word Count: 285/1500

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Huh; kid was taking the long way? Weird; but then again, understandable; given he was fairly new to the village. He had to remember that; half his squad was non-native; so he'd have to focus fairly hard on teaching them the lay of the land once they started missions and such outside the village. Hell; the village itself was a bloody nightmare to most; if you didn't know exactly where the next boardwalk went you'd end up on an overview or walking right off a cliff. Better to stick to the wide avenues and marked paths until you knew the clues and tricks; how to read the level differences.

Wait; was he being asked....? Oh. Hah. Head out of the clouds; moron. Raijin even cackled softly at his mental musings; the cheap pun making his still mildly concussed brain extremely amused. His answer was... vague, on some details; but it should work well enough. "She's fine now; just had ta work some crap out." Better to wait an let her talk about the crazy messes she'd been tossed into lately. "Neh. Tell me about this jutsu idea a' yers; eh?"

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Hearing that Himi was alright definitively took a bit of stress off of his mind. Even though he didn't know Himi really well, he did know that she was a teammate. Her, and whoever the other one was. Skye sighed with relief and continued walking. Seeing that he still wanted to talk to his sensei, he slowed his pace and matched it to Raijin's. His mind was still telling him the directions of where to go. He wasn't quite sure about a few parts of the path, but he could see the plateau in the distance, so he knew he was getting close. Putting his hands right behind his head, he smiled and looked at Raijin. Tilting his head slightly when his sensei asked him a question about the jutsu, he nodded once and knew exactly what he wanted to do. "You know I rely mainly on Genjutsu to get the job done, but when I tried to use a genjutsu on Sano, I wasn't able to do anything at all..." Looking down for a second, he quickly snapped his head back up. "So I want to work on new Ninjutsu to help me fight better and keep my opponents guessing." Skye's grin showed that he was incredibly confident that he would be able to pull some new techniques off. "The idea I had for one is making my lighting actually do some physical damage."

Skye kept replaying the attack he wanted to do in his head. To him, it looked amazing and definitely worth using in a fight. The two of them were getting closer and closer the plateau. With each step, Skye was getting more eager to do this new attack of his. He didn't hide his excitement at all, one could easily see it through his grin.

Word Count: 585/1500

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
"Oh yeah? Well; tha' I ken help ya with. Might not be a Ninjutsu kinda person myself; but eeeeeh. Lightning is Lightning is Raiton is painfully effective. Oooooh yeaaaah." Swing around a corner and onto the wide avenue that lead to the different battle arenas. They where heading for the lower plateau, which was a straight shot and therefore a quick walk. The higher was off down the left fork; a good half mile further down; with the right fork leading to the top of the mountain eventually. Wide open doors; there where no events or anything planned anytime soon; so the arena was open to the public. Which was true; the public was free to go sit in the bleachers and such to watch the swordsmen and ninja train in the large, open grounds.

"Alright. This time a' day... we shoul' have tha' entire place ta' ourselves. How ya wanna start this, eh?" He reached over his shoulder; Brotherhood removed from the harness that was never meant for it; but was going to be it's home until he could get Caladbolg back. It was habit; there was no motion or intention of attacking at all. He was going to wait; let the kid show what he had; and offer what he could before actually doing anything.

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Looking up, Skye could see the plateau approaching. With a grin, he looked over at Raijin, but switched his view right back to the plateau. Skye quickened his pace and the two of them seemed to get there in no time at all. Like Raijin had mentioned, they should be the only ones there. "Yeah, we can start now. Just give me a quick second, alright?" His voice was forced to sound calm, but it was simply hiding the excited tone.

Skye walked over to the side and took the chain scythes off his side. Rather not risk damaging them or getting lightning directed to them. As he set them down, he made sure to coil the chain over itself, much like a snake would wrap around itself to fall asleep. With a quick nod at his chain scythes, he stood up and walked to the opposite side of Raijin. The distance from himself to his sensei was about twenty feet. Inhaling and Exhaling, he made a few hand signs and focused the chakra into his jutsu. The jutsu itself being one of lightning, the chakra started to be focused until Skye deemed it just right to release. One final exhale, he slammed his hands into the ground in front of him. Lightning seeped into the ground and shot up a good distance forward, but was nowhere close to Raijin. His aim was a bit off and the power of it needed to be a bit finer.

Ricking his hands up and shaking them in the air for a bit, he could feel a slight tingle in his fingers. Turns out the lighting wasn't controlled too much and was just released without any guidance. Of course SKye didn't know it. He was still learning how to fully conquer the jutsu.

Chakra 100/120:

Word Count: 885/1500

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
Huh... that wasn't too bad. He could sense the basics of the jutsu; his passive detection web extended well beyond where Skye stood; so he was able to track and follow the movement of the Raiton energy. Seemed simple enough to him; a controlled release in one direction.

"Yer going fer a bolt effect? Not gunna get much without gettan some control inta tha'." It was just a simple observation; basically trying to confirm what he'd seen. Ninjutsu wasn't his forte at all; but given that Lightning acted the same way no matter how you used it; he could at least begin to analyze the jutsu. "Guess yer going fer concealed shock and damage too?"

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Letting out a loud exhale, he looked up at Raijin and listened to what he had to say. To him, the jutsu's output was perfectly fine. The only problem he had was controlling the direction he wanted it to go. Raijin even pointed out that control was needed. Throughout the advice he nodded a few times to show he understood. It was at that point did Raijin ask another question. Thinking, he could only really think of what he was trying to do in his mind. "I'm trying to do some damage. A lot of my jutsus are either me stalling or making a distraction... So I guess I am going for the concealed shock as well as the damage." Shrugging his shoulders up to show he was somewhat unsure, he waited for a response from his sensei to see what he could do about the slight issue. As he waited, Skye tried to think of ways he could improve it. Control over it was the main problem. He would most likely have to focus a lot more on the attack. With enough practice, he would be able to focus a little less on it and use less effort.

Word Count: 1084/1500

Raijin

Raijin

D-rank
"Yer almost there; bu' er missin' some major problems, yeah." A quick stomp of a foot and he was projecting his barrier web; the lines of lightning infused chakra hovering just above the ground and in plain site of both of them. "See my web? Tha' power of the electricity doesn't fade when ya get t'ord tha edge, eh. Same charge, all over. Yanno why? 'm not forcin' the lines ta do soemthan' they dun wanna. Thin' 'bout Raiton in, it's gunna be chaotic most a tha' time. Flows like i'd wanna. Nothan' doan', best ya can is ta' court it, hope it moves where ya ask. But; you can use tha' ta yer advantage. See; ya gotta feel out the lines; sense where the bolts'er goin' 'fore ya even fire 'um; else yer shottan' blind and loosan' power; see?"

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye nodded a few times as Raijin explained how the nature of Raiton was random and somewhat difficult to control. It was rather helpful considering the only attack raiton based that he used didn't need any focus at all. The only thing he needed to do for it was be a few feet in front the person. Which then made him think about other attacks that would leave him at a safe distance. Contemplating on how he should change up the next try, he nodded once with confidence and turned to walk away. After getting a fair distance away, he faced his sensei and cracked his knuckles. This attempt was going to be much more different. Making the appropriate hand signs, he faced his palms outward and seemed to linger there for a moment. The raiton chakra crackled around his hands and seemed to intensify as it lingered.

Inhaling and exhaling, he looked up and thrust his hands downward into the ground. What followed was actually pretty impressive. Just from the advice that Raijin gave, it left a bit of a hint on how to guide raiton, then let it flow on from there. By pushing down into the ground, the chakra flowed out and started to immediately travel forward. Skye gave off a slight grin when it was first let out. He was cofident it was going for Raijin. Of course he had no fear that his teacher would get hurt. Raijin knew loads more about the element and could easily avoid it if he wanted to. The lightning quickly shot up out of the ground and branched out towards his sensei.

The charged beam just missed Raijin and disappeared in an instant. "Yes!" Skye was incredibly happy that he was able to effectively use his newly found jutsu. With a wide grin on his face, he went over and gathered his belongings. Right after doing so, he went right up to Raijin and bowed once. He was happy to have a great teacher to train with, even if all he did was give advice. That advice was the one thing that actually allowed him to do such an attack. With a quick, "Thank you.", he looked up at the sky to see it was getting close to noon. Remembering that he still had errands to run, he silently dismissed himself from his teacher's presence and hurried along. Once out of sight, he looked back for just a moment and then continued on his way.

Chakra 160/200:

Word Count: 1500/1500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.