You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Today Mikumi was up quite a bit earlier than usual, as at the crack of dawn a messenger had found itself tapping it's beak against her window with a message from the Hokage asking for her to come to his office to discuss something of importance, oh man did Mikumi hate that type of message as it was so open she never quite knew if it was a good or bad situation. But in either case, it was still a summon from the Hokage and she was forced to oblige, she had just fixed her neck length black hair into two bunched but symmetrical ponytails on both sides of her head, from there she put on a black shoulderless strapless bra followed by skintight jeans with a V-cut into its center showing just a little skin below her waist and standard shinobi high sandal's, around her waist she wrapped two brown belts that she uses to secure her weapons with one of them having the symbol of Konohagakure but today it would only be used to secure one, a rusty katana, she then finished her outfit by bandaging her arms up to the top and then slit on a pair of red gloves that stopped five inches past her elbow and then proceeded out the door grabbing her straw hat as she left.

Mikumi quickly made her way to the Hokage's office after a short few minutes of zipping through the rooftops of Konohagakure to get there, when she arrived at the Hokage 's office she knocked on the door and heard him say "Come in." in which she entered and walked 3 feet short of his desk, "Mikumi Senju, reporting sir." The Hokage looked up at her taking a short break from his paperwork, "Ah yes, Mikumi Senju, one of the only Senju's actively working for the village at this time." Mikumi didn't know where this was going but he didn't seem to be scolding her so she let him continue although she had no say rather or not he was going to anyway, "Considering the mass of missions you have taken and the few shinobi who have retold accounts of you helping in their training, I see no reason why you should remain a Specilizaized Jounin, as of today you are an official Jounin of Konohagakure, dismiss.
"

Mikumi thanked him although it was reduced more to a whisper while she turned around and walked out stunned, It wasn't until she left his office that the news finally hit her and she was in fact just promoted, at first her excitement was a confused look that turned into a smirk but suddenly erupted into a jump of cheer at her accomplishment, she quickly recollected herself however as she didn't want to show such a display in front of the Hokage's office.

As if to treat herself Mikumi went to Konohagakure's most popular bakeshop, "Tsuko's Oven" where she sat outside and ordered a chocolate cake with mini dots of vanilla ice cream inside and eat and watched people go by as she silently celebrated her own accomplishment.

WC:538

Kaida

Kaida

D-rank
It was a day of reflection. Kaida's attention was cast downward since she awoke. Even the usual nightmares had taken a pause for the subject at hand. To say that she slept at all was an optimism. Her eyes opened promptly, four seconds before her ticking alarm clock could ring; just long enough to realize that she was awake, glance at the time, sit up and switch it off just as it began to ring. Then, she could afford to be groggy. She paused for a few moments on her bedroll, took a deep breath, and got ready for her day.

It had become a routine by this point. Get up in the early morning, buy coffee from that place down the road, gather fresh ingredients from the area, go back to her apartment and bake a few cookies, a little cake, or something of the sort. The space between her destinations meant she had to stay moving at a respectable pace, and if she wanted her results to improve, she'd have to pay attention to detail at each stop. The less time she could get it all done in, the more time she'd have for her real needs for the day.

This was the time she spent up near the Academy training grounds each day, waiting for a new partner or a new challenge to arrive. The daily challenges from Academy students gave her a terrific opportunity: knowing that they would not be stronger than the horned girl, most opponents resorted to trickery even when in groups. Kaida could use these bouts to improve her knowledge of basic group ninja tactics while finding new counters for them. She would end most days with the setting of the sun, hunting small game in the forest around Konohagakure, and returning home to share her meal with a cat that had been coming in through the window each night since she got there.

Nothing disrupted her routine. Though her training partners were never interested in spending more than a day with her, most of the people she interacted with were the same every day. She had been doing this for less than a month, and she was already getting along well in her community. Unless you counted that dark hour between when she woke up and after she'd had a chance to sit down with her coffee. The people in her daily life spoke little to her before then. Despite her attempt to smile, something about her aura told people to steer clear of her when possible, and step lightly when not.

It wasn't until she had her morning coffee in hand that she could really be called awake. Kaida came to a more lucid awareness of her surroundings somewhere around the fourth sip. Looking down, she noticed herself being taken to a table at Tsuko's Oven. It had been her venue of choice for the last three days. She could sample little things here and there, and get new ideas for things to try at home. Today's choice was a small square of brownie topped with candied strawberry slices. She smiled to herself weakly and mulled over her recent progress, waiting for the morsel to arrive.

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Mikumi slid her fork into her delicious ice cream cake for yet another bite, once she popped it in her mouth she let out a little squeak of delight as the flavor seemed to be a sweet explosion inside of her mouth that made her taste buds sing in harmony, unfortunately, she had been so absorbed within her meal she hadn't even notice that the last bite was quite literally the last bite as there was nothing but crumbs on the little plate that came with it, although it seemed that Mikumi was more thrilled about her promotion then she previously thought as she found herself ordering another ice cream cake and ate that one in the same quick matter as the first.

While Mikumi was waiting for her order of hot green tea to complement the sweetness of her snack she contemplated recent event's, now that the war was over between Sungakure's remaining forces and now after a couple of weeks things have simmered down as citizens of every nation continued their daily lives, however, for the shinobi forces the war was still fresh in their mind as some still mourned their lost members and the possessions lost in the process, It would be a long process of healing no matter what side you were in the war. But for Mikumi personally, her workload had somewhat been a rocky slope of regular and irregular timed missions, It was a terrible situation for her income and left her wallet mostly lonely with not as much Ryo as usual to fill it but it was also a good thing as it allowed her quite a bit more time on her hands the usual, although she hadn't been making good use of it recently, she worried that those two cakes would result in her gaining a bit of weight.

When the ordered arrived she began slowly drinking it as to let the warmth slowly course over her body, by the time she got halfway down her drink she was starting to think about how she could improve herself in combat as well as the moral and skills of her fellow shinobi, she didn't get to think about it too long though as a friendly face just happened to sit itself down at the shop, Kaida. The younger kunoichi was someone she had meant on her way back from a vacation in Iwagakure when she went to eat at a ramen shop was she meant two other shinobi, back then Kaida had wanted to fight her in a one on one match, back then it wasn't possible but right now Mikumi had nothing to do and needed someone to give her a good spar.

Mikumi got up and walked to Kaida's table with or without her permission and sat down, "Hey Kaida, you remember me? It's okay if you don't but once upon a time you asked for a 1vs1 sparring match, I got the time right now if you do."

WC:510

Total WC:1,048

Kaida

Kaida

D-rank
Kaida looked up just as Mikumi sat down. She was about to open her mouth in protest, but decided against it. Her frustration over the night they had first met had replayed a hundred times in her mind. How could she, how should she have moved to avoid that embarrassment? Her, a noble native of Sunagakure, subject to one of her nation's fine shinobi arts and reduced to a laughing stock, controlled on chakra strings like a common construct? The indignity of it was sickening.

Oh, she remembered alright. Her simultaneous recognition and irritation flashed across her face before she made herself pick up the cup and take another sip of coffee while the Knowledge Tree spoke. Mmm. Straight black. Nothing in there but energy and pure magic. When she put the cup back down, Kaida's face was an even mask of gray disinterest, seemingly unimpressed with everything about the other kunoichi.

Of course, this could be an opportunity, too. Her brows perked in interest at the thought. Spar, one-on-one, with a more experienced shinobi? She took a moment to think over the situation, and then frowned. "How much like last time do you suppose it will go? I've got a schedule to keep this morning, and while there's no one counting on me but me until this evening, I need to know if I'm going to be taken seriously or if you just want someone to be a puppet on your strings." She spoke in a droll and slightly clipped monotone, getting right to the heart of her bitterness. With her right hand, she quietly swiveled her fork, taking a recess from her bit of early morning dessert.

She set her fork down, sat up a bit straighter and leaned back. "I'm not saying I'll turn down a challenge, but I want to know the terms." It was nine days ago that this person had claimed she would give Kaida her guidance, but until now she hadn't so much as seen her. Was that normal for shinobi? How were they supposed to go on a mission together if they hadn't even established a basic level of trust? They had seemed to run into each other by chance, just as they did the first time. It was unlikely that the situation had been engineered by Mikumi, so that meant that Kaida was a diversion for whatever else Mikumi's day had planned for her. The horned girl's left hand dipped into her pouch and drew out a pair of silent Baoding balls; she cycled these almost unconsciously, as she was wont to do when feeling anxious or uncertain.

450/992

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
After her explanation of why she was bothering her in the first place, Kaida gave a very displeased and uninterested look, but it didn't take long before that looked turned into a face one had when they were contemplating something of interest to them, however, it seemed the situation grew more intense from there as Kaida's face soon twisted into a frown as she spoke, the younger kunoichi asked her how much would this experience be in similarity to there last encounter clearly as she began to explain that although she had nothing to do she wanted to be taken seriously and not be used as a puppet on a string.

It didn't hit her until she said the last part but Mikumi had quite literally performed a forbidden jutsu on her to grant her temporary use of her limbs, back then it was in the heat of the moment but it seemed it stuck with Kaida as she never actually addressed how she felt afterward causing the current situation. Although Kaida said she would still accept that challenge she was clearly worried about how serious Mikumi would take her and just what she would have to do, Mikumi intentively leaned in as Kaida took out her balls that she was seeing for the second time and starting to realize a pattern although it was quickly overwritten by the situation.

"Well first let me apologize for using that technique on you, I shouldn't have done that even if it was to prove a flaw in your jutsu. But be assured that my offer is genuine, this is not to make a mockery of you or to prove something, this is just me helping you to help me, You see although everything looks fine in the village now that the war against Sungakure is over, it's really not. I need shinobi out there that I can trust, and whats a better shinobi to trust than the one I helped train? I sincerely want to help you become stronger, and for your time I'll sweeten the deal, Towards the end I'll give you the training you need to learn three new Earth jutsu, how does that sound Kaida dear?"

Mikumi paused to drink her tea that was now slightly cold, "Well, for now, I'll leave you be to go to the dense forest, If you happen to agree to my offer I'll see you there. Ah, but if you don't show up please do some exercise eventually, the sweets here are good but they're packed with so much stuff one could die of obesity none too soon." Mikumi would say while beginning to walk off sure that Kaida would agree before she even got twenty steps away.

WC:472

Total WC:1,520

Kaida

Kaida

D-rank
Kaida was almost taken aback. She hadn't expected an honest apology at all. Nothing was ever this easy. Was Mikumi still working an angle, or as genuine as she said she was? For her experience, the older kunoichi seemed surprisingly innocent. Perhaps she could take this person at her word, and not hold her at arms' length. She blinked. Before the new jounin could make it more than three steps away, Kaida countered. "I'll take you up on one of those, but I have experience with shinobi. Generously, I could say that they're a very individual lot; what works well for one does not always work well for another. I have a few jutsu of my own that I've been working on. In lieu of the other two, perhaps you could advise me on a couple of those?" She smirked to herself, looking down at her treat. She'd run off this sweet morsel by the time the morning was done. Mikumi had no idea what sort of opponent she was about to come up against. She'd never win, of course, but she was willing to bet she could surprise her impromptu sensei a time or two before the day was over.

The middle of her day proceeded as normal-- a run around town to pick up today's ingredients, go home, and then try her hand at brownies for the first time. She had everything together, no item forgotten, and the process seemed to go fine. When they came out, however, the edges were much crispier than they should have been, almost burnt. It almost didn't occur to her where she'd gone wrong. It wasn't until she was frustratedly putting ingredients and tools away that she set her hand on the pastry brush and realized it was still clean. She glanced over at the shortening and saw that it had never been opened. The pan had never been greased. Sheepishly, she put it up in the cupboard. Her mother insisted she always be perfect. Ichika's voice echoed in her head, and she shrugged noncommittally. It was her first attempt, it was allowed to go wrong. She just had to remind herself of that. She brushed it off and moved on.

Next, prepare her lunch for the training day. That was easy. Spicy chum salmon over rice, with a lime and coconut cream sauce. It would feel decadent when she had that later, but the spices were good for her metabolism and the protein would keep her fueled while she trained. Most days, a meal like this would be sufficient for fighting with the Academy students who challenged her, but she wouldn't be going there today. Today, she had a different destination in mind. The Dense Forest, and a match with her mentor. Someone who stated outright that they wanted a trusting relationship with Kaida. She hadn't missed that part at all.

The Little Warrior was just a child, even if he was particularly strong for his age. There was no reason to expect his manners to be perfect already. And even she had to admit it would be a real beast of a decision to hold a grudge over something as little as giving someone an unexpected boost. She had already worked out her frustration with Orochiyaru. The two of them had had the prudence to address their issue when it had just happened. In the end, Orochiyaru had been the one who walked away, but that didn't mean Kaida's effort had not borne fruit. And now her issue with their sensei had been resolved. She could give them all a clean slate, insofar as her concern went.

She packed up her lunch, sealed it away in her "daily things" scroll, and headed out. She jogged the way from her apartment to the edge of the forest, found her way to the top of the tallest tree available, and scouted her surroundings for the singular image of her challenger. She only needed to repeat this process a time or two before she spotted that straw hat, and climbed down from the tree.

The horned girl made no attempt to hide her approach. She retrieved her gauntlet from her pack and began strapping it to her hand and arm. The weapon was mostly leather, with a little reinforcement around the knuckles, where a nasty, three-inch long steel spike stuck off the glove-like device. "I just want to warn you," she announced to her opponent as she walked calmly across a relative clearing from her senior. "I know I'm just a beginner to you, but my weapon is deadly, so don't underestimate it." She extruded steel from her skin, painting a small seal onto her left hand, and then got into a fighting stance, ready to make an attack or counterattack at any moment.

More steel flowed from her chakra, coating her body and sliding down over her weapon. Her while she was sheathed like that, her full voice gained a tinny quality. "I want to show you those techniques I've been developing. I'd love to get your input on them." She had never tried this one in its complete form before, and she wanted to give it a shot, but she wouldn't reveal her hand just yet. She waited, giving Mikumi a chance to respond.

905/1,897

220/250:

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Just as Mikumi planned Kaida took the bait and called out to her, but unlike her original plan she wanted to rearrange the terms of their agreement, after sharing with Mikumi that although they share the same element her techniques might not work as well for her as they did for Mikumi which was something she could definitely see happening, instead Kaida stated that she had been working on a few techniques's of her own that she needed someone to give an honest opinion on. Mikumi in her haste to not only get a good workout but now had the honor to see a shinobi comrade develop their own technique quickly spoke, "Yes, those terms are agreeable, I'll be expecting you in the Dense Forest when you're ready then." Mikumi would say before jumping high into the air to immediately go their herself.

Mikumi quickly arrived in the Dense forest, usually entering the place came with quite a bit of danger but it seemed that animals had their own ways to sense danger and judging by how the forest that was usually full of life was seemingly empty Mikumi must have been quite the threat she thought to herself pondering the strange occurrence. Now that she was alone Mikumi sat down with her leg's crisscrossed and began to reflect on her skills, at the moment in her village there were three to five other shinobi that matched her level of Kenjutsu and Onojutsu mastery amongst other weaponry so she would need to improve on that, as for her elemental skills she was reaching the peak but wasn't nearly close enough, know that she was reflecting on it....did she actually really accomplish anything other then measly managing to get Jounin rank at last? Sure she helped with going on quite a bit of mission as well as her small contribution to the war effort, but other then that what had she really accomplished besides self-training?

As Mikumi searched her mind recollecting all memories of every mission she been to she came to a conclusion, nothing. She had accomplished nearly nothing in her time, at this rate she was no different than any other Jounin continuing to serve under the Hokage faithfully and to most that would be enough but not Mikumi, from the very start she wanted to be the best, to be equal to the Hokage in terms of ability and knowledge, when did she lose sight of that goal?

It would be the sound of a bird call that brought Mikumi back to reality as she broke her train of thought with a loud gasp as she had seemed to be holding her breath for quite some time without noticing, she began to stand as it had been nearly an hour or so since she arrived and Kaida would soon be coming, Mikumi immediately began making preparations for the upcoming spar as she cast handseals causing a single clone to form out of water next to her, Mikumi then lifted up some of her gloves and unwrapped a portion of her bandages to reveal a scroll that had been wrapped tight around her, she then unleashed it causing a giant windmill shuriken folded up to appear, she then proceeded to cast another set of handseals and with a poof of smoke Mikumi turned into a folded windmill shuriken upon the ground identical to the other one, meanwhile her clone weaved its own handseals causing water vapor to form into twelve globe's of water.

The clone now took Mikumi who was now transformed into its hands as well as the real windmill shuriken and waited, it wouldn't be long until the clone heard movement around them and then soon Kaida's voice giving them a warning to not underestimate her while reminding her she wants opinions on her techniques, the clone acting just as Mikumi would turn around with the folded windmill shurikens in her hands, "I wouldn't dream of it Kaida, I believe I told you this before but back at the sparring match you showed not only guts but smarts as well. So let's see what you got shall we?""

The clone suddenly dashed forward towards Kaida in one quick burst moving at eleven meters in a single second ending up right in front of her, but instead of attacking the clone would immediately duck down as they impaled both folded windmill shurikens into the ground and gripped them tightly as they curled in their body while rolling forward  still holding onto the enlarged shurikens as they attempted a double low kick directly to Kaida's feet, if it worked Kaida would find herself falling but with no damage done to her because of the steel protecting her body, the clone would immediately follow up her possible fall or not by wrapping one of her legs with one of theirs and tug the opposite way to force her to balance off as the holding onto the giant shuriken for leverage, but if none of the attacks proves successful the clone would be in danger.

(OOC: The clone is C-rank so its operating at C-rank stats and not my own to be clear.)

WC:839

Total WC: 2,359

Chakra:370/400

Jutsu used:

Kaida

Kaida

D-rank
Life in slow motion. No, not slow motion, but in retrospect with fine detail, snatching individual details from each image captured to predict the immediate future. There was one most important thing to know: in this fight, Mikumi had Kaida outclassed in every way possible, but it wasn't like last time. This time, the horned kunoichi went into the fight already knowing that she was up against a wall, and that no wall was perfect.

Owing to the short distance between them, her teacher was already immediately in front of her target by the time Kaida could react to her presence. Hesitation at this point could mean death, but that didn't mean she had to defend. That was what her raiments were for. Instead, she used whatever time she had to attack during the window that most people left themselves exposed for-- during their own alpha strike. Kaida brought her fist forward at the same time as Mikumi ducked close to the ground. It was by sheer coincidence that her first impulse was to drop with her, snapping her legs out as she redirected the spike on her gauntlet downward, punching down so that she'd lead with the deadly point. Her Imagination Forged swirled and flared around the tip of her weapon, giving the spike on her gauntlet enough length to pierce a total of three inches into its victim.

First thing was first; if she could manage it, she'd impale her mentor at the shoulder to immobilize her sword arm. Otherwise, it didn't much matter where she tagged the more experienced shinobi; she would be satisfied as much with a victory of a thousand stings as much as she was with a glorious duke-out.

This couldn't be right, though. Mikumi had offered to take Kaida, along with two other genin, on a high-ranking mission. No one would do that unless they were confident that they could complete the mission alone and make up for the rookie mistakes of a new genin cell at the same time. Sometimes this might even mean undoing mistakes that her students were responsible for. But the Mikumi she was fighting? She was faster than Kaida, sure, but it wasn't enough. There should be a greater difference in their basic capabilities than this. It lead to only two possible ends: either Mikumi was holding back, or she was an idiot. And thinking on someone who claimed to be the Tree of Knowledge in a nation where trees were basically sacred, Kaida had a frank suspicion that it wasn't the latter.

What was she holding back for? The horned girl had already warned her not to underestimate her, and she had made two different attempts to point out her trustworthiness, so it was unlikely that this was all some elaborate joke. No, it was more likely that Mikumi was countering Kaida's own attrition tactic by pacing herself and testing out her student's first reactions. Beginner's luck was a real thing, and it would take real narcissism for an experienced ninja to not believe that even a green genin might do something surprising.

529/2,426

220/250:

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Although it seemed it was completely accidental Mikumi's fears were realized as Kaida didn't fall or buckle and instead dropped with her clone poised to deliver a strike, however, Mikumi had already anticipated this moment so when Kaida was swinging her fist down the clone activated their jutsu moments before impact, this jutsu caused a large explosion of seafoam to form around Kaida in a four meter radius that would obscure her vision from many viewpoints from below and above while the clone poofed from their sustained wounds.

Now with Kaida's vision obscured the original Mikumi who had been transformed into one of the giant windmill shurikens the other Mikumi was holding transformed back into her original form, in her transformed state Mikumi had not missed Kaida's disappointment with her clone's strike's, but Mikumi needed to test just how far she could go with her, it seemed that Kaida had been training in secret so Mikumi now felt comfortable stepping up her game just a bit more, but first she would give her a taste of her full strength by breaking the armor technique she was using from her lower position Mikumi took one pwoerful step forward and at her full speed and power delivered a powerful palm strike to Kaida's center that might prove to break the armor as well as send Kaida herself skidding or rolling back three meters right out of the Water jutsu her clone had used.

Mikumi grabbed the folded the giant windmill shuriken and immediately started running towards Kaida moving slow at first but eventually speeding up to running ten meters per second, as soon as she got within distance she started her true offensive while holding back but not as much as before(Using C-3 power/B-rank speed), Mikumi once in range used the giant shuriken to attempt a diagonal slash across her chest, then swiftly spun attempting to smash her other arms elbow into the left side of Kaida's face, Mikumi  then throw the giant shuriken directly at the center of Kaida's right foot and immediately followed up by three backflips where she moved back a total of five meters and slammed her hands on the ground causing a tremor as the ground split and branched out twenty-five meters from her while causing a four-meter area of earth below Kaida to crack and slide beneath one another if she found herself caught.

WC:413

Total WC:2,772

Chakra:355/400

Jutsu used:

Kaida

Kaida

D-rank
Oh, that makes sense. The thoughts occurred to her just a little too late to do something about it. The clone's shape collapsed beneath her as Kaida came down on top of it, and then the only thing she saw was foam. It was everywhere, confusing even her sense of up and down for a moment. Instead of fighting it, she let her body go slack for a moment, giving Mikumi enough time to line up an attack and really lay into the horned girl. Her running raiments absorbed the impact and shattered. I really need to figure out hotter fires, she scolded herself off-handedly. The young kunoichi tumbled quickly, turning her body to roll with the momentum and letting her mentor's attack send her further than it should have and clearing the area of that damnable obscuring foam.

The real Mikumi (or Kaida could only logically assume that was the real one) snatched up her windmill shuriken and dashed toward her opponent. Half of Kaida's entire strategy was to rely on her armor, and without her running raiments to protect her, this was suddenly a place she didn't want to be. She dashed left, trying to keep as much distance between herself and her teacher as she could muster. The tree woman caught up with her easily and slashed across Kaida's chest with the giant shuriken. Its metal blade scraped through her armor and left a shallow slash mark in its wake. Blood splattered across the forest floor. It was time to stop being here.

It was time to use that technique. She had plenty of time to practice with it, but she hadn't had a completely successful run, yet. But if she didn't use it now, there was no way she'd be able to outrun that massive shuriken, nor any other nasty tricks Mikumi had up her sleeve. Go big or go home, she told herself.

She clenched her teeth briefly, channeled the flames from deep within her core and formed the vents. Waves of heat exploded outward from her body, and a set of tight, powerful jets formed across her left side, blasting outward with flame and force, and sending her careening just two meters away from her mentor-- at a massive thirty-five meters per second. Her body screamed in pain at the stress of sudden acceleration, but compensating for the pain and stress was exactly what most of the training had been for. Kaida immediately changed the positions of the jets on her body, put a couple of cushioning centimeters between herself and the ground, skated several meters away from where her teacher had been and lined herself up for an attack of her own.

Glancing around at her surroundings, she noted that she could cross the distance between them in less than half a second, even with the way the ground seemed to be disintegrating beneath their feet. She inhaled, causing the flames within her body to brighten briefly, and took off at maximum speed, maneuvering quickly around the forest floor to achieve an angle of attack.

She would pass in close to Mikumi and try to tag her with the seal on her left hand, but aware that the jounin would likely dodge that first attack, she readied herself for the second and third stages of her assault. Second, she would maneuver her body around to face Mikumi and pause briefly. Third, she would trigger the remaining burst of propulsion her technique was still hiding, and punch at the center of Mikumi's body mass, with course correction to compensate for the assured attempt to dodge, and disengage as a part of the same maneuver.

621/3,047

Chakra Usage:

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Mikumi had struck flesh as indicated by the small trail of blood flicking off her giant shuriken as she kept the flow of her attack going, just as she was about to deliver another strike suddenly Kaida activated another technique, however this technique was one Mikumi hadn't witnessed before as Kaida was clearly clenching and seconds later steel vents formed on the left side of her body and from those vents a wave of heat blasted out away from her body which functioned much like a slingshot and with a few blinks of an eye Kaida's technique blurred her movement as she moved two meters to the right blocking her next attack, Mikumi tried to follow it up by choosing to still use her earth technique but Kaida had already been in movement allowing her to avoid that technique as well.

While Kaida glided around Mikumi activated a technique of her own, she hadn't used it in combat against an ally shinobi but if Kaida was trying new things Mikumi supposed so could she, from just above her hands on her left arm three seeds popped out infused with her chakra, she put two in her arm sleeves and popped one into her mouth and swallowed it. It would be at that moment that the blur that was Kaida started to move towards her, Mikumi simply stood still and relaxed her body as she took a deep breath, when she felt Kaida touch her causing a slight burn she didn't react to it, but after that she felt the wind breaking around Kaida due to her technique  giving her away her position as she focused allowing her to sense Kaida circling around to her back, just as Mikumi quickly turned around Kaida unleashed another propulsion and throw a punch that was once aimed at her back but now at her stomach, Mikumi took the attack head on, although It came at a much faster pace the attack itself wasn't anywhere near strong enough to phase her, Mikumi immediately grabbed Kaida's arms with both of hers and gripped tightly, she wasn't exactly sure how much Kaida wanted her to not hold back but for this instance she increased her strength to the point Kaida's arm would gain a major fracture from it although she could fix the younger kunoichi's arm afterwards easily.(B-1 Strength)

As she held onto her arm Mikumi activated her second jutsu, this jutsu caused black markings starting from her toes all the way too her eyes to form where her eyes themselves became a pitch black color other then her natural brown eyes while at the same time two slim yet wooden arms twice the length of her own appeared just three inch's below the original, these arm's quickly grabbed onto Kaida's feet moving at 18 m/s as they throw her up into the air, Mikumi followed after her using the longer length of her new appendages to boost herself off the ground appearing just above Kaida herself at 17 m/s, Mikumi then put two of her hands together in a hammer fist and with lower strength compared to her grip hit her on her back sending her crashing back down to the ground(C-3 Strength/B-1 Speed) as Mikumi backflip mid air to land on a nearby tree and waited to see if Kaida could either continue or if she went a bit to far and had to heal her.

Chakra:335/400

Jutsu used:

WC:591

Total WC:3,363

Kaida

Kaida

D-rank
Mikumi hadn't moved or dodged at all. It was in the half-moment of their collision that Kaida could recognize that fact, and how incredibly wrong it felt. For all the speed and power that Kaida had mustered, her teacher was entirely unafraid and took advantage of their close quarters to grab the horned girl by the arm. A thin, jagged red line appeared across her vision as the world went black and she heard her bones crack. As Mikumi manipulated and directed her body, she repositioned the jets onto her arm in an attempt to break away, but to no avail. The thin red line bounced and warped in shape across her vision in accordance with her teacher's not-so-gentle handling of her. "So, you are strong," she commented at her teacher through clenched teeth, choosing to focus on their lesson instead of the pain.

She knew she could pay attention to only a thing or two at a time. The man who took her away from her family, the man who trained her to be a true shinobi...

The line snapped flat and Kaida's stomach lurched. Her head swam as she choked down the shock and came back to the present. She was briefly reminded of a lesson in tactics: the mightiest river is the one that flows. That's right, she silently admonished herself. You came here with a purpose. Gains have costs. She couldn't react quickly enough to match her opponent's current movements, but if she could predict her next ones and respond to those instead, she could stay a step ahead of the fight.

Kaida removed her expectations and focused on the details. Not what was right in front of her, but the little things about her teacher. The positioning of her arms, old and new. Their position in the air. The momentum in her body. The position of the injured arm. More pain was imminent. She couldn't defend against this attack, but if she could endure it, her sacrifices now would pay off greatly in the next several seconds. In a split second, she had a decision to make. She snapped out her left arm and tried to touch Mikumi. Anywhere, as long as she could make contact at all, she could lay a fuuinjutsu seal on her by forming its shape out of a thin steel coating from her hand.

Her teacher's hammer fist came down. She shifted all of the vents on her body into downward-facing positions. Though they couldn't, and wouldn't, give her enough lift to turn the situation around, they might at least lessen the impact of the fall.

She crashed into the earth. The side where she struck roared in agony-- she had landed on her fractured arm. Nope, not good for cushioning falls. Gotta work on that, she noted, still keeping the lesson and the fight in mind over the pain. Repositioning the jets again, she skated across the forest floor at full speed, traveling nearly twenty meters into the dense woods in less than a second.

Once Kaida arrived, wherever that happened to be, she moved the katon vents on her body and reduced their speed down to a minimum, but maintained the technique so that she stayed in motion across the forest as she now took the time to examine her injury. She had nothing that she could call medical training, but she knew the basics of hurting someone and looking for soft spots. It wasn't a complete break but a serious fracture. Okay, that could be worse, she told herself. She would be able to move the arm, with pain, but unless she wanted to seriously injure herself, it wouldn't be used for attacking with her gauntlet anymore. She'd have to do something about her pain tolerance if she wanted to stay in this fight, which meant it was time to try out the other technique.

With her left hand, she extruded fresh steel and dense chakra onto her chest, creating a fuuinjutsu seal there. She looked up, drew three shuriken from her pouch, and raised the pressure on her jets, skating back toward the last place she had seen Mikumi. As she moved, she created chakra strings and attached them to her weapons, the gauntlet included.

726/3,773

Chakra Usage:

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Mikumi exhaled a short and low squeal of happiness at Kaida's statement of her being strong, although Mikumi knew she was already physically stronger it still made her happy to hear someone else say it as it was a definite acknowledgment of all the training she put herself through, but to hear it from Kaida who she hadn't heard give a single compliment too was what made it truly satisfying for her to hear. However, Mikumi put those emotions aside for now as she had to focus, right before Kaida at the last second used her propulsion technique to avoid the hammer fist strike Mikumi felt a slight tap of Kaida's fingers against her, Mikumi didn't need to think too hard about the possibility that Kaida had set up some type of jutsu in advance to use against her, but what type of jutsu Mikumi had no idea.

It would be the sound of Kaida's jet propulsions that brought Mikumi out of thought and back into focus, Mikumi could only see her blurred image as she headed deeper into the forest, Mikumi couldn't see her anymore but she could still hear her breathing as if she was still close so she must have been within twenty meters of her, the breathing was starting to grow fainter meaning she was still moving.
Either way, Kaida would be coming back to face her at one point but for now, Mikumi could prepare herself for now  as Kaida was kind enough to set distance between them to give her ample time to do so, Mikumi smirked as she felt it was time to use a technique she had just learned recently, Mikumi weaved quick hand-seals and then with a cloud of smoke poofing up near her an exact copy of herself was made with the same enlonged wooden arms.

This technique was designed to be a more advanced copy of the doppelganger technique creating clones, but unlike her wood or water clones these clones copied whatever technique was affecting the original at the time of creation, if Kaida had indeed set a trap for her then the clone would be able to get trapped in it leaving her free. But Mikumi wasn't done, she needed to set the stage more, taking a deep breath as the last technique took half of her whole chakra just to supply the clone, she then stomped her foot as she sent a wave of her own chakra into the ground, this technique will eventually break up the earth and soil underneath so that trapped groundwater will be able to rise to the surface, the only indication of this would be the ground getting moist but with her injury Mikumi wondered or not Kaida would notice.

Mikumi did one final thing before she left, she undid the bandages on her right arm revealing a scroll, she then unsealed it causing a giant windmill shuriken to appear before tossing it to her clone, now properly prepared jumped back into the forest to watch from behind the scenes. Mikumi's clone meanwhile looked around and took notice of the giant windmill shuriken implanted into the ground, they walked over to it taking a deep grip into their hands as they now held two, the clone was thinking that Kaida had only known Mikumi had one so far and not that she actually had two, so the clone supposed Kaida might be wary of it and be more cautious then she needed too which opened up the possibilities for a future counterattack through her hesitation.

The clone suddenly heard sounds of jet propulsion getting closer again, Kaida was coming back, the clone in preparation put some of their own chakra into one of the giant windmill's, they then focused on the sound for a second before throwing the giant shuriken straight towards the direction of the jet propulsion sound they were hearing.

Chakra: 167/400  

Jutsu Used:

Clone's Chakra: 162/167

Jutsu Used by clone:

WC:660

Total WC:4,023

Kaida

Kaida

D-rank
There was no dodging that. Considering the space between them by the time Kaida could see it coming, she was moving much too quickly to get around it. She'd have to take it head-on, but it wasn't all bad. She let her arms trail behind her for a moment as the windmill shuriken struck her on the bust. The seal on her armor flared to life, shining as it released microcrystalline-structured chakra into her body, reinforcing her flesh against further harm, suppressing some of her pain, and adding another thin, dense layer of steel between her and harm's way. The oversized shuriken bit through the fibrous mesh of her first layer with a show of sparks, but refused to even scratch the second. The impact was still jarring, even through her newest armor, but not enough to get past her enhanced constitution. Something was still wrong. She frowned as the weapon tumbled off her body and she sped past it. Was Mikumi underestimating her after all?

Well, fine with her. It wouldn't be the first time the byproducts of her unusual upbringing would surprise someone more powerful than herself, and it wouldn't be the last time, either. By now, she had noticed a critical flaw in her own technique: despite that she could move so much faster than before, even she couldn't truly react to the speeds at which she was moving. Doing something about that would need to become a critical priority if she were going to win fights in the future. For now, she would need to formulate her movements in advance if she were going to take advantage of this skill.

Still moving at full speed, she adjusted her trajectory so that she would pass in close to her teacher, and then jig right as she flicked her left arm out to transfer the inertia from her jets into her shuriken as she threw them. Unless somehow stopped, she'd zip away from Mikumi and manipulate the shuriken from a distance using the puppet strings to keep them constantly moving and attacking her target from up to three angles, while she used the propulsion from her engine technique to keep herself at least ten meters from her at all times. In this way she would pepper her opponent with many small but quick attacks.

She just had to maintain this stratagem for long enough to strike the steel fuuinjutsu seal she had planted on her teacher. If even a single shuriken strike were allowed to touch the seal, it would spring the trap, encapsulating Mikumi in a lightless, unforgiving steel sphere just one meter in radius, forming at twenty meters per second. That is, large enough to contain her, her weapons and some air, but not enough to let her move around, and in so little time that she doubted even Mikumi would be able to see it happen.

490/4,263

Chakra Usage:

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Clone

Although she couldn't see it the clone knew her aim had been properly coursed as indicated by the sound of metal scraping against another, however, they didn't remember Kaida wearing clothing but it didn't matter as it was just to add on to the fun, and although the giant shuriken  had been aimed directly at her she knew that Kaida had a complex of being underestimated by her superior's which lead to the byproduct of her letting things that seemed off slip by in the heat of the moment, Mikumi would have to correct that but alas she was just a clone of her original self and all she had to do was focus on this moment.

At last Kaida reappeared out of the thick bushes of the forest like a speeding bullet being blurred out by her fast movement albeit still seeable to trained eyes, Kaida in her speed moved closed by her for a moment before jigging to the right and before she could react a kunai came flying at her at nearly the same speed, all the clone could do is move their arm in the way as they got slightly cut by the shuriken, but Kaida wasn't done. For a moment she didn't perceive it but it wasn't until the second time that the same shuriken came back did she notice that there we're chakra strings attached to them, realizing that this wasn't a singular attack but rather an assault, but unlike the first attack the shurikens moved at a slower pace allowing her to use the wooden arms to aid in  deflecting them away as they came back each time to cut her, however as Kaida did so the wooden arms were starting to become weaker and smaller as her jutsu was coming to an end as indicated by the tattoo's on her body slowly fading away which only made her have to move her original body even faster to compensate.

But alas the extra arms gave out and unknowingly a shuriken attack slipped through her defense and scratched her, suddenly a seal lit up where she was hit and in a matter of a second a steel sphere formed around them trapping them inside its confine's when the clone noticed this they instantly tried to break themselves out only to find they weren't strong enough, the clone simply closed it eye's as it began to listen for the slightest of Kaida's movements as she moved around, once she heard her get within a five meter range they would immediately perform the snake hand seal activating a jutsu that causes vine's with thorns to come out of the ground at a rate of 25mp/s to wrap around Kaida's legs to stop her movements.

Clone's Chakra: 147/167

Jutsu used:

WC:462

Total WC:4,485

Kaida

Kaida

D-rank
Four arms. Her opponent had four arms. Kaida had already interacted with her once in this state, but it didn't really dawn on her until just at the moment that they withered away exactly how much of an advantage those two extra arms had been for Mikumi. In the window of their final disappearance, a shuriken finally found its way through, striking for minimal damage, but maximum effect. The steel sphere formed and snapped shut on her teacher, the shape forming so quickly that Kaida hadn't even had time to retract her shuriken before it closed. Its presence severed most of her chakra strings and the sphere struck the ground, its occupant captive at last. It wasn't a knock out victory, but it was certainly one she would take.

She paused on the threshold of the clearing for a moment. If her teacher were going to bust herself out of the sphere, she wouldn't wait. That would give Kaida time to prepare for the next bout. A long moment passed; her eyes scanned the trees nearby. Then, the continuous rush of the jets on her body went out. She touched down onto the forest floor. She supposed she ought to let her sensei out of there, but as she crossed the space between them, thorny vines shot up from the ground around her feet! They lashed across her legs and entangled her, their thorns screeching violently as they tore through the fibrous steel mesh on her legs and then tightened up against Kaida's second layer of metal. They had formed with such speed that she hadn't seen them move-- she only knew it was faster than the steel of her trap.

She'd had no reason to do that. If Mikumi trapped her, it would only take longer for Kaida to let her out of the sphere. Kaida's mind reeled, searching for the possibilities. Her mind went back to the fight with Yaru. Kaida struggled against the vines, swearing loudly. "Oh come on!" she cried, growling as she cast her eyes around again, this time angrily scanning her surroundings for a second Mikumi. She was really starting to hate clone tactics. Was she the only one without the skill for them?

Whatever, fine, she practically thought out loud. If Mikumi was coming for her, she'd be ready. A cast of steel formed over her right arm, pushing it back into the proper position to adjust for the fracture. Pain seared in her right arm as she curled around it, hiding the metal "splint." Tears escaped from her eyes, but she'd be ready when her teacher got here. Between this and the chakra strings still attached to her gauntlet, she could go another round. She let herself cry about the injury-- it hurt enough, especially now that the adrenaline was wearing off-- but not enough to distract her from striking anyone foolish enough to come close to her.

496/4,759

Chakra Usage:

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Mikumi's Clone

"Come on" Mikumi's copy heard once she activated her jutsu, from the sound of her voice she had been clearly caught by the sudden jutsu, although she had caught her it was all apart of the plan as the original had already known she had been tagged, even the clone known they were tagged and could have done more to avoid it, but in doing so meant worrying about the possible activation of the same jutsu instead of letting Kaida just activate it and plan a way to escape, luckily Kaida had been so engrossed with her arm pain and trying to stay within the fight she didn't consider how her own plan may backfire on her.  

With Kaida's trap jutsu now activated she didn't have to worry about it anymore, although taking time to look at the structure from the inside it was a good call to make, she doubted that either her or the original Mikumi would be able to bust out of it without putting force a great amount of effort, "Wait.." That was it the copy thought to itself, if she had put effort into breaking out of the barrier then Kaida would still be kept on the blindside that she was just a mere clone, it was a better plan however, much like the original the copy had doubt's on rather or not Kaida would think she was being taken seriously, however, the copy quickly argued in her mind that the fact that the original had set up all this just for Kaida would prove that she was, in fact, taking her seriously and decided this was the best course of action.

With her decision process making out of the way the clone decided it was time to forcibly break out of the construct, it was time to use a new technique the original had gained but hadn't put into use, with their left hand they outstretched it towards the wall of the construct, the copy closed its eyes as Kaida's slightly ragged breathing was super close, the copy slowly took a breath in as she focused her chakra to her palm and with one quick breath released it out in a pulse, the aura bypassing the wall and stretching out a total of 5 meter radius at 25m/s shutting down Kaida's chakra systems long enough for the shell to break and ending any current technique she was using due to her chakra shutting down in those few seconds. As soon as the shell broke the copy would jump back into a tree while activating a jutsu she had previously set up, the ground started collapsing from right under Kaida at 30 m/s in a 12 meter radius while she landed to safety, if all went well Kaida would find herself stuck underwater weighted earth essentially making it impossible for her to move so she could talk, "You did well to push me this far, you been trained well."

Clone's Chakra:117/167

Jutsu used:

WC:507

Total WC:4,992

Kaida

Kaida

D-rank
Oh. A trap. The chakra wave washed over Kaida, blowing away her protections like a deathly poison on the wind. She had left Mikumi alone too long; given her time to prepare, giving away her only advantage. You're not good enough, Kaida's voice parroted her mother in her mind. Without the sustaining presence of her chakra nearby, her steel evaporated into its constituent minerals and dust, and then the whole world turned on its ear. Her chakra strings and the cast on her arm were swept away. Without the support of her metalization, she could no longer hold out against the pain. Her vision blurred. "No..." she exhaled, slowly kneeling down.

For a split second, a nightmare replaced reality. The mountains west of Kumogakure. Several men and women, all around her. She knew all their faces. Her shinobi arts tutors. Her injuries burned. Poison? The man who took her... She pressed her back against-- there was nothing there.

Kaida came back to reality with a lurch as the ground beneath her feet gave way. Her feet went first. She gasped as her eyes opened wide. In a scramble, she flung her left arm out to catch her balance, but she brushed her right arm in the effort and nearly doubled over from the pain as she plunged into the waterlogged earth. The ground gave way all around her and gripped her tightly at the same time, defying her feeble attempts to struggle against the trap. With every motion, she felt the earth tighten its hold on her, the pain in her arm blared in her mind, turning half of her awareness into a blinding white spot.

"You did well to push me this far, you been trained well," Mikumi commented. Kaida barely noticed. She had been defeated. If not for the goodwill of her teacher, her story could end here and now.

Get up, try again, her mother's voice commanded. She did her best to obey, but could not even manage to move. Get up, the voice commanded another time. But it was no good. Try as she might, there was no way she could struggle against the trap, the very best she could manage was to keep her arm from being smashed further. Worthless, Ichika said. She hadn't even managed to last a few minutes. Kaida cast her eyes down and waited for her punishment.

400/5,159

Chakra Usage:

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Mikumi's clone

Mikumi's copy waited for Kaida to resurface, she waited a good several seconds but nothing happened, when she walked over to the crater she formed she saw Kaida below but unlike the passionate confident kunoichi, she came to respect just earlier this version of her looked sorely defeated. She was looking straight up in the sky and Mikumi's copy knew that look well, the memories of the past coming to haunt you in the future, a theme that was all too common to the original Mikumi herself back in the day and still happened when pushed to her utter limit or in a near death experience, it seemed that she may have pushed Kaida a little too far, she was an exceptionally skilled genin however she still had her limits.

Mikumi's copy outreached her hand turning it into wood before using a small amount of chakra to grow the roots into tentacles like branch's, she extended them down to Kaida and had two tentacle's each wrap around each of her legs, one around her waist and another two on her undamaged arm as she proceeded to lift her up into the air in front of her, once she was two meters in front of her Mikumi used her free hand to make the Ram seal before pressing her palm into Kaida's stomach transferring medical chakra into her body resulting in an instant and complete recovery to the point she might feel even more healthy then earlier, although it seemed her spirit was in turmoil.

Mikumi's copy decided to speak, "Hey, don't start thinking about how you failed, because you didn't. You faced a worthy adversary without fear and even managed to trap them, had I not had recently learned those technique's I would have still been trapped. You may have lost the battle but you gained an experience that will be with you for a lifetime, there is a victory in defeat as long as you live to see another day."

Now that she was done talking Mikumi's copy lowered Kaida to the ground to let her move around herself, she started giving her advice on her technique's starting from the first one, she then advised her on how many times she gave her time to plan her actions more thinking that she had underestimated her or was slightly too overconfident in her approach, the also gave her praise on the sphere technique as well as her jet engine technique and how well she used them despite it seeming like it was the first time she had used them in an actual combat situation. When it was all said and done Mikumi copy gave Kaida a hug and told her to keep training until the next time they meant as she would look forward to training her once more.

WC:484

Total WC:5,476

Stats:

Endurance:
A ~> A-1, 1000 words (4476 Words Left)
A-1 ~> A-2, 1150 words(3326 Words Left)
A-2 ~> A-3, 1300 words (2026 Words Left)

Perception:
A ~> A-1, 1000 words(1026 Words Left)

Speed:
A ~> A-1, 1000 words(26 Words Left)

26 Words Wasted

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.