You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Takao

Takao

S-rank
Rise of the Sea Nation:

A characteristically damp morning had plagued the Land of Water with a slight chill. A thick layer of mist had settled at just knee-height above the ground, and slowly danced over the eerily calm ocean. Coal-black eyes stared at the water with clear disdain, or what would have been if his head had not been covered by his visored helm, the mirror-tinted mask offering not even the slightest hint of his visage. Yet behind it lay his grimace, knowing fully well what this assignment required of him.

It had to be a sunken city of probably fish-people.” He inwardly complained, the mental whining offering some semblance of outlet for his frustration. Takao was certainly out of his element here, both figuratively and literally. It was pointless to scout at this point, the water would obscure the Burning Eye™ from the surface, and it would merely be a waste of his chakra that could surely be depleted in the battle that would rage beneath the calm surface. Thankfully, he hadn’t the need to go in alone. The benevolent Kirigakure no Sato had bestowed upon him the privilege of a partner in crime, although their identity to him was largely unknown. He had little more than a name, “Nova Makato”, and a vague description of her skill set so that he might have had the opportunity to adapt his own to her combat repertoire. Their assignment had them set to meet at the spot where Takao stood presently, although he had arrived early to brood in silence over the water.

For this undersea excursion, Takao had opted for his modified ANBU getup. The typical vest donned his torso, whilst a form-fitting black undershirt and typical shinobi slacks covered the remainder of what would have been visible skin. His head was, of course, covered by the Konoha-patented A-ANBU-M, or his own take on the typical, traditional, and less than functional ANBU mask. It obscured his face and head entirely, although it was the auxiliary functions of the helm that Takao intended to rely on. A blade rested upon his left bicep, resting within a scabbard that was fastened with two straps. On the other forearm, his bladed tonfa Muninn was clearly visible, and freshly sharpened for use. A belt around his waist held the myriad of shinobi tools at his disposal, and a pair of black combat boots completed the off-brand Black Ops ensemble.

As he waited, the Jōnin mulled over his time in the Land of Water. It had been surprisingly eventful for the three days he had been visiting, sans the first which had been quite the opposite. He had already completed one mission, which had an unpleasant twist that he hadn’t been expecting, and shortly thereafter he had met a very interesting girl. Now, he stood at the shore of the Land of Water, preparing himself mentally to dive into the leagues below to fight what he could only assume would be a swarm of Atlantean shinobi fish-people. It was a far cry from the usual boredom that came with everyday residence in the Hidden Leaf.

Total WC

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
Despite her residence away from the main village and in Lord Osada's mansion, Nova was now an established Chuunin of the village of Kiri and as such would be expected to preform the expected actions of one in such a place. Nova had done a few missions before in Suna, though those had been the easiest of things that could be found; the types of missions that are reserved almost exclusively for genin and newly graduated academy students. Not only had she fought in the chuunin exams and come out the victor, on the path home from Kumo to Kiri she and her traveling partner and friend, Izumi Karisumi, had been assaulted during their travels by a group of bandits and had started to fend them off before the Mizukage had intervened. Though they would have lost without her aid, the pair had performed well in the circumstances of being overpowered and outnumbered. Now with more experience and a few accomplishments under her belt, Nova sat on the edge of her bed in the mansion looking down at a piece of parchments that contained the details to a mission she had been assigned. When she saw the difficulty it filled her with a mixture of excitments and dread. An S-rank mission was not something to take lightly, but it pleased her that she was though to be strong enough to handle it. Also within the information on the slip, it revealed that she would be working with another Shinobi, and though Nova did not recognize the name, she was certain that they were going to be ranks above her.

She had been up for an hour already, a mixture of not being able to sleep and wanting to be prepared for her early departure long before the sun would rise. Her hair hung down her back, still damp from the shower as she combed it again trying to kill the time until she would leave. She was wearing a pair of grey leggings and a black tank top that hugged her form flatteringly, and the kimono that she often wore lay hanging over the back of the chair besides the door to her room. Finally feeling as though it was not too early to leave, she slid her left leg into the wooden prosthetic and started tightening the straps that would hold it in place. With a corner of the blanket on the bed, she rubbed it against the new Kiri headband plate that was affixed to the kneecap of the wooden leg and cleaning any smudges from the metal. Slowly she would rise to her feet, and leave her room behind and wander through the cold halls of the mansion towards the entrance. There besides the door as she left them sat her pair of puppets; Doku Tsuki and Kurogokegamu. She was glad to have two of them against whatever it was that they may face, and was glad that they were both airtight as it seemed that the vague description that she received said no more than bodies were being found torn up floating over an underwater city.

She set out, sitting within Kurogokegamu's seat for the majority of the journey. The intended destination was closer to the mansion than the village of Kiri itself, and Nova had passed by the sandy beach many times in her travels. It was a long sandy stretch that broke through the heavy forestry, though them mist that floated through the trees seemed far thicker over the water. The crunch of debris gave way to the noise of metal sinking into sand as both the puppets spindly legs skittered at her command. They would come to a halt at the edge of the treeline, and looking off to the right Nova saw a lone figure staring out over the water solemnly. Heaving herself upwards, she would slide off the shell of Kurogokegamu and walk on her own two feet. Emerald threads wove from the fingertips of her left hand and back to the pair of puppets guiding them alond behind her like some sort of eldritch body-guards. Though her strides were slow through the sand, the malleable ground not advantageous for one with a faux leg as she, she made it across the beach that had started to sparkle in the light of the rising sun that filtered through the mist. Small footprints from her simple flats tracked through the sands, along with a bizarre pattern of small piercing holes that would come from the puppets movement across it.

Now close enough to the man that she was certain he would be able to hear the movement, Nova could get a closer look at the one she assumed to be her partner for the mission. It was immediately obvious that she would learn nothing from him visually, he wore a mask and gear that covered nearly all his skin. Nova shivered in her own attire, the leggings and tank top with a light kimono in stark contrast to the mans own well covering gear. Even her hair swung loose down her back, and had one not known that she fought from within her puppets they would assume she was dressed for an afternoon on the beach rather than for a mission. Looking down at the slip of paper in her hands she scanned it for the name once more before speaking, “Takao Kimura? I'm Nova, your partner for the mission”

[913 Word count]

Chakra 120/125:

Takao

Takao

S-rank

Gloved fingers flexed and relaxed against the handle of the retractable tonfa, matching the rhythm of the gentle tide that pushed the water in and pulled it back out. Takao was patient, waiting on the beach without moving was not something that bothered him, but the thoughts that plagued his consciousness were another story.

...Don’t do it...

...Nothing to burn...

...Will die… You will die...

The usual voice that whispered over into his ear like his own personal devil on the shoulder was more frantic than usual, trying to say as much as it could all at once, likely given the stressful situation that put Takao so thoroughly out of his element. He knew that the instant he touched the water, it would be screaming at him, and it was something that would need to be wholly ignored, lest his cursed mentality jeopardize their chance for success.

His gaze turned sidelong as trained ears picked up on the faint, distant sound of debris crunching. The helm and his head within it had hardly moved, if at all, and he caught a glimpse of a large mechanical spider and the woman who sat atop it. His grip upon the tonfa flexed again when she dismounted and approached, only then did he turn in her direction and meet her gaze behind his visored helm. She addressed him by his full name, and introduced herself as Nova. With his gaze hidden behind the helm, he gave her a brief examination. Long auburn hair with dyed tips, freckles, green eyes, relatively short with most of her weight seemingly carried in her hips and bust, and his own eyes had picked up something with the manner in which she walked. He hadn’t quite worked out her handicap in its entirety, but instead determined it to be something related to an injury. She hardly seemed dressed for combat, but then again, the presence of puppetry that she had previously ridden was a clear indication that doing the physical work herself wasn’t on the agenda.

Takao’s hand lifted to a button on the helm that collapsed the visor, and allowed for the rebreather portion and the rest of the helm to rest against his shoulders and collarbone.

“Nice to meet you.” He said in typical deadpan, his attention lingering on her for only another moment or so before shifting to look at the water.

“I’m not from the area, so I’m almost entirely unfamiliar with the underwater city, sans what I’ve been able to learn. But that isn’t much, admittedly. We’ll make a rough plan when we’re down there and can properly scout it to identify our threats.” Takao continued, first admitting to his lack of experience with their intended destination to make sure that communication between them was clear. He wasn’t part of Kirigakure, so any intimate knowledge of their task or whom they might battle that would have come from being a resident would be lost on him.

Her usage of puppets had a myriad of different applications. His own manner of fighting was best supported from a distance, if he were to reach the peak levels of destructiveness that he was capable of, but it was reckless and irresponsible to do that while he fought alongside another. Ultimately, adaptation was a large part of the shinobi life, so he would work with the opportunities that presented themselves.

“Do you fight inside your puppets, or from a distance?” Takao asked in an attempt to gauge how he would need to adapt.

“My method of fighting tends to put me up close and I supplement shortfalls by using destructive techniques at the same distance. I’ll adapt as best I can if you’re a close range fighter as well, and not rely as much on the techniques.” He continued with an explanation of his own preferences for fighting. It was relatively vague and offered little in the way of specific detail, but it was all the more he was willing to speak frivolously on.

“If you’re able to, we’ll walk along the surface for a distance to save energy and dive the rest of the way. I’m not sure how your puppets work with surface walking, but if they aren’t able, we can dive the entire way to the city. As far as I understand, the city itself is full of large air pockets, so we shouldn’t need to worry about air. We don’t have intel on what’s waiting for us once we’re down there, though, so let’s keep our guard up.” With Takao’s long winded description of their circumstances out of the way, he lifted the helm back up and raised the visor once more. His voice became audibly distorted once the mask was over his face.

“Anything I forgot?”

Total WC
(+817)

Last edited by Takao on Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
The man she has identified as her partner for the mission, Takao, took a moment that lasted long enough before responding that Nova almost began to repeat herself to than man before he showed that he heard her short introduction and replied with a flat “nice to meet you” after removing his mask. “I’m not from the area, so I’m almost entirely unfamiliar with the underwater city, sans what I’ve been able to learn. But that isn’t much, admittedly. We’ll make a rough plan when we’re down there and can properly scout it to identify our threats.”, would be the next words from his mouth, not exactly a comforting concept to Nova that the one she had been expecting to be in the lead was just as unsure as she was about the surroundings, “To be honest I'm not familiar with the area myself, I moved near Kiri rather recently as well. Though what i've gathered through my readings is that there is an underground cave system that had been incorporated into an underground city. The assumption is that there is either a single entity or group of entities that are currently inhabiting the city and causing the.... death of the shinobi that were found in pieces. The caves themselves are about a hundred kilometers off the dropp-off of the beach, maybe  twice that down? Again, I'm not quite sure...”. Nova would watch his face and try to gauge his reaction to the information that she relayed.

He would look back at the puppets and inquire, “Do you fight inside your puppets, or from a distance?”. “I was planning on being inside Doku Tsuki here, for most if not all of the mission, have a few ranged attacks on him”, She would pat the metal shell of the scorpion then gesture up to the cannon mounted on top before continuing, “Then i've got Kurogokegamu who will more than likely serve as a distraction for us.”. “My method of fighting tends to put me up close and I supplement shortfalls by using destructive techniques at the same distance. I’ll adapt as best I can if you’re a close range fighter as well, and not rely as much on the techniques.”. She would pause for a moment and reply,[color=#00cc00] “If I intend to get close I will keep that in mind, if I do it will more than likely be from beneath them.

“If you’re able to, we’ll walk along the surface for a distance to save energy and dive the rest of the way. I’m not sure how your puppets work with surface walking, but if they aren’t able, we can dive the entire way to the city. As far as I understand, the city itself is full of large air pockets, so we shouldn’t need to worry about air. We don’t have intel on what’s waiting for us once we’re down there, though, so let’s keep our guard up.”, he would say, Nova relieved that he noted the possible issue at hand. “To be honest, I'm actually not able to use that technique properly...”, Nova would nod towards her left leg that was made of mahogany wood from the knee down, “Though both of my puppets are watertight and if you would like you could sit within Kurogokegamu on the way down.... unless you have a way to travel with ease underwater yourself?” she would continue inquiringly. Looking him up and down for a moment she would speak again, “though it might be a little snug. You're a good bit taller than me”

[619 Word count]

Takao

Takao

S-rank
Takao took a moment to consider the new information she brought. It painted the city in a much better light than how he had been imagining it, which was something akin to a magical bubble of air surrounding it, though he knew it was more likely to be a flooded city with pockets of air remaining within rooms that were somehow water tight. If nothing else, a cave where his flames could be funneled more appropriately would be much more preferable to fight in than a bubble that he feared could collapse at any moment. In addition to that, Takao’s earlier suspicions regarding her leg were proved true to some degree.

“Noted.” He said simply, taking his first steps out onto the surface of the water. “We can expect the enemy to be using the environment to their advantage, and since we’re both quite unfamiliar with it… We’ll have to keep on our toes.” His inner musings were vocalized outwardly as he thought, considering what challenges and tribulations they would face in the undersea city whilst they were en route. After he finished speaking, he stopped for a moment, lamented on what had been said, and cleared his throat. “I wasn’t making a joke or, uh…” He clarified, gesturing toward her prosthetic leg. “Anything like that. About your leg, I mean.”

“I’ll be fine out here.” Takao said, lifting his hand and lightly tapping on the rebreather of his mask. “I should be able to dive to the city without a problem, even if it is relatively deep. The mask is pressurized to a degree for the rebreather.” Although her offer was appreciated, Takao did not fair so well in tight or confined spaces. Instead, he opted to walk over the calm surface of the morning ocean.

“Alright, I think this is about it.” Takao said as his gaze turned earthward, looking down into the water. It was impossible to see what lurked beneath, which both intrigued and terrified Takao to varying extents, but his sense of direction and the information they had been supplied with prior to embarking on the assignment pointed to the general area in which he stood. “I’ll take the lead.”

Takao took the helm and dove first. The chakra was released from his feet after he leapt, using the momentum of his fall to jumpstart his descent. The moment he was submerged entirely, the voice began to ring loudly in his ear, practically screaming words of protest to discourage him from continuing. But, just as they had been up until this point, they were ignored and Takao pressed on into the dark depths, swimming down with a fair deal of skill despite his natural aversion to the element.

The rebreather kept his flow of oxygen steady during the descent, each breath exhaled as a cloud of bubbles that quickly rose toward the surface. Before long, lights from within the sunken city became visible in the darkness. The city itself seemed unapproachable from a distance, at least tactically speaking. With so little information on what awaited them, it was surely suicidal to swim into the heart of it and investigate. Instead, Takao attention was directed toward lights that shimmered nearby against a rocky overhang. The raven-haired shinobi assumed that the light came from something akin to a natural moonpool, and thus felt it worthy of investigation, gesturing for Nova to follow as he rerouted.

Above them, light shimmered atop the surface of water well into the depths of the sea. A pocket of air remained below the overhang, and there was clearly some source of illumination that lit the cave of sorts. Stood guard at the edge of the natural wet porch were two Hoshigaki Soldiers, armed with their tridents and conversing idly with one another to pass the time, although the intricacies of their conversation were unheard from beneath the water’s surface.

Although the water acted as a fairly efficient insulator of heat, Takao’s coal-like eyes were lit aflame with Aibāningu behind his mask whilst they lingered in the water. His sight was obscured, but the imagery produced by the Kimura dōjutsu provided him with valuable information; two targets stood guard above them in the surface, and they were the first two of many to be dispatched. He turned his attention to Nova, or rather the puppet she would ride within, and gestured as communication. First to indicate the number of targets, then a vague gesture pointing to himself and the leftmost target, and after that he pointed to her and the remaining, hoping that his wordless conveyance of direction was enough to clue her in on the unspoken plan. With no other method of communication whilst submerged, Takao made his move.

Although his actions were slowed by the water, he managed to bring his hands together. Upon doing so, he gathered chakra betwixt them, which required him to hold the pose for about a second. Takao broke the pose and pointed his hands in the opposite direction of his target, who stood at the edge of the moon pool. What would have been a powerful gust of air left the chakra of his hands, but instead of the intended purpose, Takao himself was propelled from the water. He was given just enough time before colliding with the Hoshigaki Soldier to turn and extend the blade of Muninn from its housing on his forearm. As his arm thrust forward, the surprised Soldier attempted to raise its trident, but it hadn’t the reaction time to adequately do so in time. Takao thrust the blade of Muninn into the Hoshigaki Soldier’s neck, tearing through flesh and muscle, and ripping veins and arteries in twain. Warm sanguine blood sprayed from the fishman’s neck as Takao sliced clean through and subsequently fell forward onto him, knocking the soldier onto his back.

The other soldier was prepared to act, and turned toward Takao, readying his trident to be thrust in the direction of the shinobi.

Total WC
(+1,010)

Chakra: 375/400
-5 | Surface Walking
-15 | Gale Palm
-5 | Muninn Mechanism

Techniques Used
Spoiler:

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
“We can expect the enemy to be using the environment to their advantage, and since we’re both quite unfamiliar with it… We’ll have to keep on our toes.”, Takao would say after listening to the information she offered and starting his first few steps out on to the water. Nova would twitch her fingers and Doku Tsuki's top would swing open revealing a cushioned spot for her to lay, upon which she gingerly lowered and strapped herself into place while the shell slid back closed. Though the noises around her were muffled, she could still hear the lapping of the wave as well as her partner speaking once again, “I wasn’t making a joke or, uh… Anything like that. About your leg, I mean.”. Nova shook her head and laughed slightly, though he was apologizing she now could see the humor that she had nearly let slip past her. In her younger days she would have heard the words and been hurt, but these days it no longer irked her. Though she was able to hear him here, the muffled sound of his voice that barely reached her sealed craft brought to mind the fact that they would not be able to communicate well at all beneath the crashing waves.

Her partner would walk atop the waves, yet the metal that her puppet's were crafted from were far to heavy to float and thus that would be how Nova would travel. Now sitting withing Doku Tsuki's cusioned interior she allowed her sensed to broaden, her fingertips picking up the vibrations that the puppet could feel. Normally the things she saw were picturesque and sharp, though here with the shifting sands and crashing waved everything seemed slightly blurry. Moving Doku Tsuki forward she could feel the slicing of metal legs shift each grain of sand, though she tried to clear her mind focus enough to see what was around her. She had not been near a source of water such as this since before her construction of Doku Tsuki and therefore had no experience in what she could see with its powerful tremoresense. The first step into the water sent a splash forward, followed by a continuous disturbance of the waves as the metal scorpion would plow forth. As soon as the shell submerged completely the world fell deaf for Nova, though she could still feel all the movement and noise in a huge radius including the steps across the surface of the water by her partner. Nova found it hard to stay focused with so much movement around her, she could feel the schools of fish as they circled mindlessly on each other as well as the swaying of each piece of aquatic foliage that clung to the sandy bed. Trying to stay hyperaware of where her partner was she focused on the light steps until they would slow above her, for that she was glad because she was approaching a depth where his steps were becoming faint.

Nova could feel him dive beneath the waves, and at the same time could feel their approach to the city, and she would meet him near the sandy floor. Off in the distance still a light shone through the murky depths. As expected, communication would be hard beneath the water. Though she could not see him visibly she could feel his movements though blurry indicated that there were two individuals ahead. Could she communicate back to him she would confirm it, having sense their presence as they neared. Takao indicated,or at least Nova hoped she interpreted right, that he would attack the leftmost one while she ought to take the right. Doku Tsuki would scale the rock up to the edge of the pool and waiting for Takao to make his move so she could act simultaneously. Doku Tsuki's tail was prepared to strike as she waited for Takao's action, though she was so surprised by what he did that it took her a moment to respond. He faced away from the pool an moved his hands so quickly that Nova could not interpret what he intended before he would shoot backwards and out of the water. The tremorsense relayed the impact of Takao slamming into the left most guard and the movement of the right preparing to jab out with a trident.

Doku Tsuki's tail wavered for a moment before Nova would strike with lightning speeds. The tail would dart out of the water and straight towards the unsuspecting neck of her opponent. As the barb would stab out, the metal legs would drag the giant beast out of the water and onto the ground besides what appeared to be some sort of fish humanoid. The tail had struck true as the second attack from beneath the water must had been unexpected, though the strike was not lethal. It struck solidly in its side, rending its flesh and sending blood pooling on the ground. It would turn towards her with the trident, though it would seem caught off guard by the creature, or creation rather, that was before it. Before it could react again, Doku Tsuki would dart forward and raise up slightly to grab the creature by the throat between the heavily armed claws. The creature would try to dodge backwards but the claw would close faster than it could move in its injured state, and with an unsettling series of cracks and gurgling the creature would fall limp only being suspended by the claws grip on him. It's limbs would twitch slightly and with that the puppets other claw would raise to just beneath the other before clamping down and twisting, the unsettling sound of vertebrate separating and flesh hitting the ground signaling the end of her foe. Doku Tsuki would turn slightly towards Takao who had time to recover since his attack. Nova would speak, trying to be loud enough to be heard by Takao but not the other beings in the vicinity, “there are...... at least eight more in the tunnels further in, the tunnels are.... partly submerged so it makes it blurry... but there is a huge maze further in. I also feel.... I think there might be someone else besides one of whatever these are.”.

[Word count 1051]
[Total word count 2583]

Takao

Takao

S-rank
Takao dragged the blade back from the neck of the Hoshigaki Soldier that he had attacked. Wet squelches echoed silently throughout the nearby cavern as the carbon fibre weapon cut through more scaled flesh on its way out, and more blood pooled beneath it. He wiped the blade on the soldier’s clothing, cleaning it of the blood, and left the lifeless body there to grow cold. His gaze turned upward and looked to Nova as she spoke, now able to see her clearly within the puppet whilst his eyes were still ablaze with Aibāningu. His gaze turned toward the cave that lead further into the sunken caverns, and although the stone was dense, he could still see through it.

“Three more in the cavern ahead of us. Four in the cavern to the left, and two in the cavern past the one in front. If we’re careful, we can avoid drawing all of their attention at once.” Takao said as he stood and stepped over the lifeless corpse at his feet. He adjusted his gloved grip on the handle of Muninn, the leather whining as his hand flexed and he made his way toward the partially flooded cavern. He didn’t peak around the corner, and instead looked through it, further identifying their targets. While his vision of the cavern ahead wasn’t the best, as Aibāningu only revealed heat signatures and not intricate details of the surroundings, he could make out rough details and filled in the blanks himself.

“I’m going to use Burning Ash to give us some cover moving in. It doesn’t seem like either of our ability to see them in the ash will be compromised, so I’ll take the furthest first, you get the closest. First to kill theirs engages the middle and the other joins them right after.” Takao said, speaking at a volume that was loud enough for Nova to hear, but not quite audible for their amphibious targets.

“Try not to cause any kind of sparks in the ash, though. Even weapons sparking off one another is enough to set the whole thing off, and it’s a bit nasty if you’re inside.” He wasn’t sure how much she knew about the technique from only the name, but communication was key during assignments such as these. Letting her go in blind might have protected the secrecy of his abilities, but compromised the greater goal of remaining undetected and culling the gilled threats that skulked about in the caverns. “Alright. Moving in.” He said after giving her a moment. Takao sucked air into his lungs through the mask and exhaled a thick plume of ashy smoke. It crept into the next portion of the cavern slowly as he controlled the flow of the exhale. The creatures within hadn’t noticed it at first, but as it built up, they became aware of its presence and armed themselves accordingly despite their confusion. The ash quickly overtook the remainder of the cavern and dropped visibility with the naked eye to nothing. Guided by the Burning Eye, Takao rounded the corner and broke into a sprint, disappearing into the ash in an instant. He bypassed the first Hoshigaki Soldier, who stumbled around in the ash in the second that followed, and then by the second. As he neared the third, he lifted Muninn and dropped into a slide, swinging the carbon fibre blade at the Soldier’s leftmost ankle. The leg was sliced clean through, bone and flesh alike were rend from the soldier’s body, causing it to topple over as the weight formerly supported by the foot was no longer supported. The Hoshigaki Soldier had just barely started to whine in pain from its sudden and unexpected dismemberment when Takao rose and forcefully thrust the tip of Muninn between its shoulder and neck, piercing veins and arteries as it traveled down into the heart, bypassing the ribcage. Wet squelches left the wound as a hose-like torrent of blood sprayed from within, the Hoshigaki Soldier’s whine of pain turning into sopping, gargled noises as blood filled its lungs and throat and life quickly vacated from its body. More sanguine blood stained the white of his uniform, the fabric of which had become well accustomed to being covered with the wine of life.

A good portion of the Ash didn’t last long within the cavern by the time Takao had dealt with the first of the trio. The one that had stood in the middle spat water from its mouth that flowed like a waterfall, clearing out large sections of ash as it was aimlessly shot around the cavern. Nova would have enough time to engage at least one of the two that remained before the Ash was completely dealt with.

While Takao pulled the blade from his executed Hoshigaki, he sucked in a lungful of air and exhaled it at the next closest target, which was the soldier that was dealing with the ash. As he exhaled, a powerful blade of wind left his mouth, and rocketed forward to hit the soldier at near point blank range. It sliced deep into the soldier’s right arm, back, and lower back, prompting an early end to the water technique being used. The soldier choked on the water that left its mouth as it fell to the ground, the arm struck by the technique barely hanging on by a few threads of muscle and a deeply cut bone whilst its back gushed warm sanguine blood.

Takao’s gaze quickly shifted to his right, eyeing the four unmoved soldiers in the next cavern beside them, and then over his shoulder to note the remaining two had yet to move as well. The soldiers remaining had yet to be disturbed by the brief battle in the next cavern over, which had been obscured from sight and slightly muffled by the flooded natural halls of cave. If things went smoothly on Nova’s end, another portion of their targets would be wiped out without much issue, and the next fights would be made significantly easier.

Total WC
(+1,027)

Chakra: 320/400
-15 | Burning Eye
-20 | Burning Ash
-20 | Vacuum Wave

Techniques Used
Spoiler:

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
“Three more in the cavern ahead of us. Four in the cavern to the left, and two in the cavern past the one in front. If we’re careful, we can avoid drawing all of their attention at once.”Takao would say, and though she could feel there presence it was convenient that he had his own alternative form of visions and that she would not have to relay the information. Able to confirm that he was correct, she listened to his deftly given instructions and prepared to act as she could feel the enemy under both her and her partner bleeding out onto the stone. “I’m going to use Burning Ash to give us some cover moving in. It doesn’t seem like either of our ability to see them in the ash will be compromised, so I’ll take the furthest first, you get the closest. First to kill theirs engages the middle and the other joins them right after.”, he would say, and though Nova was not aware of the jutsu he was referring assumed from the name that it would be some sort of fire technique, before he would follow up with, “Try not to cause any kind of sparks in the ash, though. Even weapons sparking off one another is enough to set the whole thing off, and it’s a bit nasty if you’re inside.”. Though he would be unable to see her still within the puppet, Nova made a face worried because anything that would strike Doku Tsuki's metal shell would cause a shower of sparks from the impact, possibly even just the metal legs clicking against the ground if struck to hard could ignite it. Looking at him up and down for a moment, she hoped his gear would protect against the flames she was nearly certain would erupt one way or another.

Takao would inhale deeply before exhaling a billowing pillar of ash that permeated the air both in this room and the next. Thankful that her puppet was airtight, Nova closed the slots beneath the puppet once again to seal it and prepared to charge in as Takao did. He would sprint forward and so her puppet would charge, Kurogokegamu meanwhile ascending the wall outside of this cavern and clinging to the roof, ready to fire its web at any who would pass beneath. Takao moved silently through the darkness, while Doku Tsuki clattered in loudly announcing its presence. Fortunately she was able to see him strike the third foe with great force before the first one heard a thing. The darkness worked in their favor as intended though Nova awaited the ignition she knew would come. Out of the darkness upon the first warrior, Doku Tsuki would descend. Simultaneously each pincer would close around a limb as the barb at the end of Doku Tsuki's tail would impale the creature in the base of its throat, sinking in and sending a gurgling noise as the flesh and windpipe were eviscerated. The legs crunched in the powerful grasp, the warrior crumpling in front of her an revealing another approaching from behind.

Revealed at his collapse, the warrior behind him was running full force at her he would perform a series of hand seals as water pooled up and around him forming what Nova noticed with a moment of hesisation in her actions to be a giant shark about to slam into her full force. There was no time for her to evade, instead Doku Tsuki crouched to the ground, the metal bottom scraping against the stone as its barbed legs clung to the ground to keep from being swept away. Though the rest of the puppet lay flat against the ground, The tail would stand straight up and turn slightly, sharp edge faced forward instead of the flattened front. Due to the swirling water, Nova was unable to detect where he was within the jutsu but could only hope that it might connect. Water would blast against Doku Tsuki, the legs scraping agains the metal as it was nearly pushed back. She could feel the structure rattle but was ultimately unharmed. A breath of relief would be sighed as the puppet survived the initial impact, though her relief was replaced with a yelp as something slammed against the top of her puppet.

Again the puppet stood strong, but Nova was surprised to sense the warrior slamming atop the puppet trying to drive it's trident between its armor. She hoped that the spines atop her puppet would impale his knees as he drove into the scorpion.  Nova winced as the metal stuck metal because of the ash, but realized that the water must have washed some of it from the air. Though she could not sense anything in the air, Doku Tsuki would skitter backwards a few meters with the warrior still clinging to the shell. Hoping that she was within the smoke once more the puppet would raise its front half up while stabbing forward with its tail, striking the warrior with the blunt side and shoving it forward and in front of the puppets front. As he began to right himself in the air, Nova braced herself and let flames spew from the front of Doku Tsuki. The flames seemed to lick pointlessly around him for a moment, before the area around her would ignite and combust. The noise was deafening in the small cavern even from within the puppet. The Hoshiogi before her wailed as his skin sizzled from the heat, crackling and peeling back where blood would begin to ooze out. Nova was sure the surface of her puppet was heated from the violent flame, though her insulation seemed to do its job well and kept the interior a reasonable temperature. The soldier was still alive, and Nova grimaced as she saw the gruesome vision of his badly burned face. No pity or mercy would touch her though other than to end its life, and with that the bladed tail would slice through its neck. The corpse would collapse, crimson pooling with the water that had made the jutsu that he performed. Nova hoped that Takao had not taken injury from that, and spun around aware that she had not accomplished the “being careful” that would have made their mission easier, though Nova was not particularly good at being stealthy regardless of the explosion. The puppet would back up still facing the entrance with its tail poised overhead, stopping once she was withing five meters with her partner and waited for his next call.

[1102Word Count]
[3685 Total word count]

Chakra 155/175:

Weapon used:

Takao

Takao

S-rank
Takao observed as the last of the trio of Hoshigaki Soldiers were felled, and that the remnants of the ash in the air were ignited into a spectacular explosion. The cave around them shook and rumbled, with pieces of sediment falling loose to the sodden cave floor, but ultimately remained structurally intact.

“Alright, well… I was kind of expecting that.” Takao said as the flames from the Burning Ash died down. He was entirely unharmed by his own fire, sans the scorch marks upon his clothing, though that would wash out much easier than the blood would. As he pulled the blade from the initial Hoshigaki killed, he wiped the carbon fiber surface upon its clothing.

“That boom will have definitely alerted the rest of them.” He continued, his eyes diverted from Nova within her puppet to the cavern at their right, which held four more soldiers. The heat signatures provided by Aibāningu revealed that the four had indeed began to converge on their position. As Takao turned to check on the remaining two, his keen ears picked up the sound of a blade slicing through the air. He turned, unable to clearly see what exactly it was he was hearing because of how Aibāningu obscured the vision of objects without infrared radiation. Instead, his body acted on instinct, judging the location of the incoming projectile and moving accordingly. Unfortunately, Takao had been preoccupied on checking the positions of their remaining targets, and wasn’t able to fully avoid it. The blade of the Hoshigaki Commander’s harpoon only narrowly missed its target, but not quite fully, as it sliced through the fabric of his ANBU vest and the shirt worn beneath, tearing a clean cut nearly two and a half inches deep into the flesh and muscle just above his right hip. A guttural whine of pain left Takao’s throat as his hand reacted subconsciously and moved to clutch the bleeding wound that stained the white vest further, this time with his own blood. He dropped to one knee as the harpoon was pulled back from the direction it came, slicing the same side a second time, although this time the wound was considerably more shallow than the previous.

The voice in his head was practically shrieking now, screaming at him to do what it always said; burn it all. Takao clenched his jaw hard and gripped the wound on his side, eyebrows furrowed and knitted close together as he watched the remainder of the threats quickly merge on the cavern. Biting back the pain, his gaze briefly turned to Nova.

“Move back!” He called out as he stood and turned to face the two caverns, backpedaling to give himself a better position between both. With the voice continuing to scream and the sticky spot the pair found themselves in, burning it all didn’t seem like such a bad idea. “I’m going to make it a lot warmer in here.” Takao added.

The raven-haired shinobi began to inhale, quickly filling his lungs with both oxygen and chakra whilst simultaneously lifting his hand to his mouth. As the remainder of the Hoshigaki neared the entrance to the cavern that Takao and Nova occupied, with the Commander amidst their ranks, Takao released the oxygen and chakra that had built within his body. As it passed through the respirator of his mask, the chakra was diffused, and the technique’s scale was doubled from the point of exhale. A forty meter wall of flames erupted from the rebreather of Takao’s mask, consuming the caverns ahead of them into a sea of fire. Nearby water would evaporate into steam, the darkness of the cave was illuminated by the blinding heat of the flames that were large on their lonesome, but further increased in size by both the mask he wore and the shape of the caves that contained the technique. He held the technique for as long as there was oxygen in his lungs, and when there was none, he stood upright and observed the result of the technique. Stone was scorched and left ashen, whilst the outlines of the Hoshigaki remained as cinders, ready to be blown into the wind like dust by the slightest draft.

Now panting slightly, not from the usage of the technique but from the strain it put on his wound, Takao dropped back down to one knee. His eyes quickly scanned the cavern, Aibāningu picking up remnants of the heat from the technique but otherwise nothing that indicated there were any more of the Hoshigaki to threaten them.

Motherf----r.” Takao hissed through clenched teeth as he blinked away his dōjutsu, then pulled the visor up and the mask down to get a better look at the wound. It felt like his right side was drenched in warm, sticky water, which was quite uncomfortable when coupled with the throbbing pain pulsing in waves from the pair of cuts.

“Don’t suppose you know of any medics that happen to be strong swimmers on call, would you? Got a little bit of a flesh wound here.” Takao asked, attempting to make light of the injury with some dry humour spoken in monotone.

Total WC
(+873)

Chakra: 265/400
-15 | Burning Eye
-30 | Majestic Destruction Flames
-10 | A-ANBU-M Projectile Bonus Cost

Techniques Used
Spoiler:

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
“Alright, well… I was kind of expecting that.”, Takao would say as the smoke subsided by the ignited burning ash. Nova looked to him worried that he may have taken unintentional damage from the flames, and was relieved to see that he bore no more than a few scorch marks on his uniform. Pulling the blade and wiping it against his pant leg as he looked around as he spoke,“That boom will have definitely alerted the rest of them. “ Nova could see this was true, the four from the other room were headed in their direction as well as the two others. As he turned around to look in the direction of the two that Nova had located she noticed him shift his attention and respond quickly to... something that must have been in the air as she could not sense it. A strange noise tore from Takao's throat as whatever it was tore through his flesh, as Nova was able to “see” him clearly she saw as a cut so deep it showed the muscle on his hip open. Now in her frame of view she watched as the trident that had been launched through the air slow to a stop before shooting back and slicing just a little higher on Takao's abdomen.

He would turn to her for a moment as she felt the six other soldiers slink into the room and surround them,“Move back! I’m going to make it a lot warmer in here.” Takao would shout. Nova could feel that they were surrounded, and doubted she could slay the four in her way before Takao let forth the flames she assumed he intended to let loose. Hoping to herself that the insulation she had installed within Doku Tsuki would be strong enough, the puppet flattened to the ground and braced for impact as Nova held her breath within and hoped she would not cook alive. Nova felt him inhale deeply, then exhale for what felt like forever as the entire cavern was engulfed in white-hot flames. Though she could not feel the flames with her puppets tremore sense, she felt as the stone nearly began to warp from the heat and as well as each and every hoshigaki nearly vaporized leaving piles of ash. Beads of sweat gathered on Nova's forhead, and she could hear the armor of her puppet whining from the heat. Fearing much longer of this would render her puppet unusual she bunkered down and hoped it would stop soon. The flames licking the walls of the room one last time finally subsided, revealing the damage across the cavern. The bodies were piles of ash, any metal they had on them red hot in the soot including the trident that had speared Takao.

Takao, Nova remembered and shifted her attention back to him. After ending the spray of flames he had collapsed down on one knee and grasped as his side. Visor slid up on his mask, he looked down at his wound wincing in pain as he examined it. Through teeth clenched from pain he still maintained a sense of dry humor that came of relief to Nova though she was still concerned for the wound he took, “Don’t suppose you know of any medics that happen to be strong swimmers on call, would you? Got a little bit of a flesh wound here.” Doku Tsuki would skitter over to where he Takao kneel, flattening down to the ground next to him and opened its hull. Pushing herself off the cushion, Nova stood slowly and limped the few feet that separated and she kneel beside him. “Well I'm not a strong swimmer, but I'll have to do for now”, Nova retorted as she smiled with a confidence that she did not feel inside. Though familiar with the techniques require to heal wounds, Nova had very few times she had actually made use of them nor dedicated a proper amount of time to practicing it. On the day of the exam finals she had healed a small wound on Izumi's cheek and a cougar wound on a mission in Suna, but prior to that had done nothing more than shallow bruises and scraped knees. “Alright, here. Lay back and try to relax for a minute alright?”, she said as she took of her kimono and balled it up as a pillow for under his head and she helped him down to the cave floor.

Secretly she hoped that he wouldn't watch her work as she was sure her nerves would show on her face as she started to work. Sitting at his side with her faux leg out at a weird angle she began her work, brows furrowing in concentration she placed her palms side by side over the gash in his side and flowed chakra to them. An emerald glow would emanate from her fingers before illuminated her entire palm and the open flesh below them. So slowly she wasn't even sure that anything was happening, the bleeding muscles began to knit back together. Sighing with relief as her work slowly began to show, she was thankful that the wound had not pierced any arteries. Trying to relax herself as she knew they would be here a while Nova tried to start a light conversation with him, “So that fire thing you did at the end there, that was really something. Where'd you learn something like that?”.

[919 Word Count]
[4604 Total word count]

Chakra 135/175:

Takao

Takao

S-rank
Heavy, exhausted breaths left his lungs as blood poured from the wound on his side, the amount lost having been significant enough already to bring on a strong sensation of fatigue. It was fought off, of course, but he didn’t imagine he could stave it off for long. His gaze drifted to Nova, who had unfortunately proclaimed that her list of water-borne medical specialists was lacking, but had offered her own skills as an alternative. Had she not, he likely would have requested her to simply burn the wound closed with the flamethrower that had set the ash off earlier, as he would be incapable of doing so himself. But, thankfully, that would not be necessary.

As she laid her kimono to be used as a makeshift pillow, Takao realized that even small movements sent powerful jolts of pain crashing through his body like waves on a beach. His motions became stiff and rigid as a result, trying his best to not move the portion of his body that had been wounded, but ultimately not doing a terribly good job.

“Ah, thanks.” He said through clenched teeth, easing himself down onto his side with great effort made easier with her assistance. The Jōnin detested the medical procedures that he had become uncomfortably accustomed to over the years, especially after his brief stint as Hokage. This situation was more tolerable, given the circumstances, but still just a tad unpleasant in the first place. He would have much preferred to not have a gaping hole in his side, if his opinion were to have been consulted, but having it healed was a close second in terms of preference.

“It’s called Gōka Mekkyaku. It was an old Uchiha technique.” Takao answered, his gaze set upon the ashen figured of the Hoshigaki that remained after the technique had died down. He could still feel some residual heat on the stone he laid upon, but it was fading quickly. “Not a very interesting story behind my learning it though, I’m afraid.” He continued his answer, momentarily pausing to consider whether or not he wanted to speak truthfully on where and how he learned it. He quickly settled on a partial truth before continuing.

“I learned it off an old scroll I picked up along the way when I was younger. The scroll itself is practically an artifact now, ready to turn to dust on my shelf, but it had a few interesting things like that technique in it.” He said, wincing as her technique began to mend muscle and tissue within his body. It was never a sensation he could get used to, feeling his body repair itself so rapidly in comparison to the natural process. His black-eyed gaze set upon the puppet she had ridden within whilst Nova worked, that had shielded her from his intense flames just a moment earlier.

“That’s one impressive puppet you have there.” He continued making small talk, if only to make the time pass a bit quicker whilst she worked on healing the wound. “Not a whole lot is usually left standing after that technique hits it, but it doesn’t look any worse for wear. Did you make it yourself?” He inquired, briefly looking down at her handiwork on his side before averting his gaze again, his face paling slightly. The sight of blood hardly phased him, lest he be a fairly inefficient shinobi in his particular line of work. The sight of his open wound being mended before his eyes by the field equivalent of a doctor, however, made him queasy.

“I didn’t think puppeteers were all that common in the Water Country either,” Takao added after giving her the opportunity to respond to his first inquiry. “If it isn’t too prying to ask, would you happen to be from Sunagakure?” While Takao valued whatever skill he might have held in deductive reasoning, it hardly took a sharp eye and honed wit to make the observation that a puppeteer in Kirigakure may very well have originated in the homeland of the art itself. It hadn’t escaped his conscious thought that the subject might be a sensitive one, as the loss of one’s village and the people within was a wound that seldom closed easily. Takao himself took damage to Konohagakure very personally, although he was aware that his patriotism for the Leaf was greater than most had for their own villages, for better or for worse.

Total WC
(+752)

Nova Makato

Nova Makato

A-rank
As she kneeled on the hard stone her knees and kimono slowly soaked up the blood that pooled out of his gaping wound from the ground as Takao laid upon it with a slightly more hydrophobic uniform. As she inquired about his justu to distract him from her work he would respond, “It’s called Gōka Mekkyaku. It was an old Uchiha technique. Not a very interesting story behind my learning it though, I’m afraid.” His next words came after what seemed to be a moment of consideration, “I learned it off an old scroll I picked up along the way when I was younger. The scroll itself is practically an artifact now, ready to turn to dust on my shelf, but it had a few interesting things like that technique in it.” Despite her attempts to keep his mind off it, as her jutsu began repairing his side she saw his face twist in a grimace for a moment from discomfort. Nova nodded as he spoke, though she didn't quite seem to be able to concentrate on the words he said.

Nova was glad that he would be the one to start the next question, as much as she wanted to be able to distract him her concentration on the work made it hard for her to think. “That’s one impressive puppet you have there. Not a whole lot is usually left standing after that technique hits it, but it doesn’t look any worse for wear. Did you make it yourself?” he would ask while looking down at the work Nova was soing on his side. Though he seemed to be maintaining composure despite the injury, even he seemed to have a queasy look to him and loosed away fairly quicky. “I did actually! This one is Doku Tsuki, I made it after the chuunin exams after my friend showed me how easily she could have cooked me inside the other puppet actually. There's this insulation inside, I wasn't positive it would stand up but I wasn't gonna get out of the way in time. It out to protect from raiton and hyoton as well, though I've yet to actually test that. There's a little damage to the shell it looked like, though it wont be hard to fix.”, Nova would say slowly, pausing between sentences as she would slowly inch her wavering hands over the gash.

Her voice would trail off as a bead of sweat would roll down her forhead, eyebrows brought together in a look of concentration as silence filled the cavern. Takao would speak again, “I didn’t think puppeteers were all that common in the Water Country either, If it isn’t too prying to ask, would you happen to be from Sunagakure?” Nova would nod for a moment, “I am actually from Suna, not too surprised you guessed. By the time the Chuunin Exams happened, Suna was already destroyed so I had to represent one of the other villages. I represented Kiri for... well i'm not quite sure I went there. I helped escort refugees from Suna to Kiri so I guess that's why. During the exams I lived in Kumo where they were being held, I had hoped perhaps during the exams something might happen and Suna might have been salvaged though it clearly wasn't. So when I won I decided I should join Kiri for the time being. I dont even live in the village anyway.” At the end she shrugged and fell silent once again, leaning closer to look at the wound as it began to heal. Though she was more than capable of mending the flesh, it was far more difficult than she intended and the work was less than perfect. Meat had filled in the gap in his leg, though the surface looked taut and shiny red while the flesh beneath still crawled beneath healing.

Still working and hoping that he would not look down yet her hands still hovered over his flesh as she spoke, “you said you weren't familiar with the area either. Where are you from?” . Letting him answer though the words would fall deaf on her ears, she slowly cut the flow of emerald chakra to her palms and wrinkled her face at her work. The would was no longer going to be painful nor bleeding, but her lack of practice left a thick banded scar across his rib-cage rather than smooth flesh. It raised nearly half an inch up and was pale pink and shiny, Nova was sure that it would be somewhat stiff and hoped that he would not be to upset about it. “So a little bit of bad news, I am not quite the best at this kind of stuff so you've got a nice scar to tell stories about, but on the plus side you aren't bleeding anymore and the muscles are healed.” Nova said somewhat sheepishly as the prodded at his side gently. “It shouldn't hurt anymore, but it might be a little stiff on that side.”, Nova would say as she took one last look at the long scar the sliced across his abdomen and stand slowly and sorely.

She felt somewhat lightheaded from the unusually hard strain of jutsu on her, not very familiar with the practices of medical jutsus. Nova stuck her hand out to the man before her to help him to his feet, laughing slightly as his height above her made itself clear once more as he rose to his full height. “Hows it feel? I can give it a little more if you need it”, she would say with concern clear in her voice. As she spoke her other hand twitched off to the side and Kurogokegamu would skitter in from the other room, a little singed itself though the distance seemed to have saved it for the most part. The arachnid settled to the ground and Nova leaned over the side, her upper half disappearing as she dug through a compartment and pulled out a bag with a few pieces of cured meat and a water skin that she handed over to Takao after taking a chunk of the meat out for herself and taking a gulp of water.

“I dont sense anything else nearby, but do you think that's all of them? Are there more somewhere else or was this the group that was killing the shinobi and tearing them apart? I wonder what drove them down here.... or if there's anything of value that they were after”, Nova would wonder aloud as she gnawed on the food for a moment before looking back to Takao, “was there any other targets for our mission?”

[Exit Thread]

[1134 Word Count]
[5738 Total word count]

2000Ryo for S-rank mission+175 ryo for extra words
total of 2175 Ryo

Chakra 125/175:

Last edited by Nova Makato on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Takao

Takao

S-rank
Each moment that passed left less of the wound in its wake. His face had paled slightly from the loss of blood, but given the attentiveness of his healing, it would hardly be a threat to his life. Takao mused that he would sleep well tonight, for reasons that went beyond the exhaustion brought on by loss of blood, though it would certainly be a factor.

The small talk between them continued with her explanation of the puppet and its insulation, which kept her safe within its metallic shell during the onslaught of his technique. A light hum rumbled in his throat as he mulled over the momentary recklessness of firing the technique off so quickly. Had his partner in crime not been adequately defended by her puppet in the way that she had been, it would have been a rather disastrous mistake to make. Such were the risks of playing the game of shinobi, but it was still a point of improvement that he would refer to in the future. Teammate lives matter.

“My bad for scorchin’ it up.” Takao said, briefly adjusting his position on the cave floor when a moderate wave of pain throbbed in his side. “Ng… I should have given you a little more time to get clear. I’ll go ahead and offer my help fixing it as a courtesy, but I don’t know the first thing about puppets, honestly.” He admitted after falling into a more comfortable position, letting her continue the healing of what remained of the wound. His knowledge of the mechanisms that made such machinery possible was, admittedly, quite lacking. Takao's particular set of skills was much more geared toward sudden and explosive dismantling than it was building and repairing.

She proceeded to answer his inquiry about her origins in the Land of Wind, and confirmed the rather simple observation that she might have been a refugee from the catastrophe there. The destruction of the Hidden Sand Village was truly tragic, and those that had lost people in the fall had his condolences, but the offhand knowledge that those responsible were still at large and yet unchecked left him uneasy. Konohagakure was privy to the repeated experience of cataclysmic near-total destruction events, and the train of mental thought had reminded him that whilst he was in Kirigakure, he could do little to protect the home he would die for. That same train of thought continued further down the tracks, and he was further reminded of what-- or who-- exactly it was that kept him in the village for the time being. A lengthy sigh left his lungs before he remembered that there was a conversation between them.

“Well… my condolences, for what it’s worth.” He added simply, allowing her question to take precedence in the conversation. Speaking more on the matter might have been prodding his way into a touchy subject, which he would prefer to avoid, if possible.

“I’m from the Fire Country, born and raised in Konoha.” Takao answered, his gaze shifting down to the wound after he felt the strange tingle of her healing technique fade and the damp, cool air of the cavern overtake the bare wound. The clothing he wore was heavily stained by blood, or at least the white portions were, not just from the wound itself but from the pool of blood he had laid within while the wound was being healed. The black underclothing was just dark enough to be spared an obvious stain, yet the colour was hardly the concern for Takao. His concern was targeted more toward the gaping hole in the fabric, which had been torn through by the harpoon. It was his favourite vest.

“Another one for the collection.” He commented offhandedly, not particularly fond of the many stripes of battle that his body wore. “The not bleeding part is good, though. Thank you.”

With a light grunt, Takao accepted her help back to his feet, and wobbled for a moment before he regained his balance. While she brought the other puppet that had hidden itself within the former corridor, Takao stiffly bent down and retrieved the partially blood-stained kimono, and exhaled a faint sigh of disappointment.

“I owe you a new kimono too.” Takao said as he folded the fabric semi-lazily and moved over to her, glancing into the puppet out of sheer curiousity. It appeared that their usefulness went beyond combat applications, although he had figured as much.

Accepting the cured meat with another expression of gratitude, Takao tore a piece off and chewed as his gaze shifted further into the caves. After focusing for just a moment, his black eyes were alight with Aibāningu once again, glowing in the slight darkness of the cave whilst he scanned what he could see for any other threats. A few distance heat signatures suggested that this was not the end of the creatures that lurked in the sunken city, but it was the end of those that threatened them presently.

“I can’t see any others, so we shouldn’t have to worry about more coming.” Takao said as he allowed the chakra in his eyes to fade and the black colour to overtake the glowing orange. “They looked like Hoshigaki, sort of. My guess is that they probably fled here after Hao burned Kirigakure with his Amaterasu.” Takao had intimate knowledge of the event, as well as the clansmen mentioned formerly, as his first real fight as a shinobi occurred in Konoha against one. His own obsession with Amaterasu had lead him to learning much about the destruction of Kirigakure as well.

“No other targets. When we’re safe back on the mainland, we’ll consider this mission successful. We probably shouldn’t linger either.” Takao said, finishing the strip of cured meat in the moment that followed. He turned his back to the caves that ran deeper into the sunken city and started a stiff walk back to the pool they had entered from. His gaze was briefly caught by the two bodies that remained from the beginning of the slaughter, and lingered for just a moment, wondering if perhaps one of them could have been the Hoshigaki genin he had fought in the Chūnin exams of his earlier shinobi days. The thought was quickly discarded as meaningless musing, and he lifted the mask over his head, covering his face with the visor. Thankfully, the short walk from the pool of blood that he had laid in had loosened his freshly healed muscles just a tad, enough for him to confidently make the swim back to mainland.

Takao dove into the moon pool and swam, albeit slower than the speed in which they had arrived, back toward the surface. Walking along the surface of the ocean would be considerably easier than swimming further away from the city, and would assuage the worry that the blood upon his uniform might attract unwanted aquatic attention. After reaching the surface, Takao channeled chakra to the soles of his feet, and began the long water-logged trek to his new home away from home.

Total WC
(+1,193)

THREAD EXITED
1,200 extra WC used for training Dragon Art: Flame Eater

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.