You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Relearning the basics [Training] Empty Relearning the basics [Training] Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:47 am

Trilby unclipped the small leather strap running beneath the surface of his armour. His shoulder pad's leather strap was no longer there to support the torso pieces, which rapidly fell to the floor around his feet. Pulling the shoulder pads off, Trilby placed them on the manikin in his corner, following it up by picking up the torso pieces and hanging them in place. It felt good, not having a large amount of steel dangling off his body. Wearing armour in a desert certainly wasn't a pleasant experience, the steel would rapidly heat up in the sun, and it had horrid ventilation. Still, the protection it offered was well worth the discomfort. Quickly getting changed into street appropriate clothes, Trilby made his way towards the Library. He was a fuuinjutsu master, certainly, but he needed to expand his grasp of the more basic seals. In his youth, he had charged towards mastering complicated techniques, and spent no time refining his basics. His hubris was beginning to haunt him, as well he had powerful sealing techniques, he lacked knowledge of some of the more basic augmentation seals. The seals he made had specific triggers and he couldn't modify them in the field. Hell, he couldn't even remotely detonate seals that weren't designed to be activated in that way. It was time to change that.

The Grand Library of Sunagakure was a second home to Trilby. He loved being surrounded by books. The smell of ink in the air, and the feeling of paper under his fingers was something he adored. Being surrounded by compendiums of the past generation's connective knowledge of Ninjutsu and Fuuinjutsu was a fantastic feeling. ”Hey you” A young girl raised her head from the pile of books she was checking in, grinning at Trilby. ”Hey Aki. How are you?” Trilby smiled at her with a grin. ”Great!” Aki had been flirting with him every time he came in for months now, it was about time he acted on it. But still, that could come later, he had books to read.

“Fuuin no Jutsu; the complete compendium; chapter two.” Trilby scimmed through each page quickly before he found something that caught his eyes. Fuuin: Yuugou no Jutsu; A basic triggering seal. When placed on an object or another seal, it can be used to detonate it remotely, by forming the half tiger seal. It seemed simple enough really. Trilby just had to create a seal to test it with. If he made a Jigoku Youjinbou seal, he could fill it with a simple burst of air, then detonate it. Granted, he wasn't certain if it'd work with his dark priest arts, but as it had a reasonably universal design he expected it wouldn't conflict with his designs. Confront, God, Sage, Release, Anger. Trilby placed his index finger of his left hand onto the surface of the desk he was working on, causing a small circular seal to burn itself into it's surface. Now, he just had to place the Yuugou seal. Trilby formed a tiger seal, tapping his finger onto the seal briefly. He then stepped back slightly, forming the tiger seal with his left hand. The seal lit up, a strong burst of air shooting out of it's centre before it began to fade away. The light above his head shook violently as the wind hit it, causing the light around him to flicker as it rocked back and forth. It seemed the seal worked, and it was incredibly simple too. Still, that's all he could expect from a E rank move.

Slamming shut the fuuinjutsu compendium, Trilby slid the crumbling old tome back into the shelf. ”That was a neat trick Trilby!” Aki said from behind him. Trilby had been so enthralled with what he was reading that he didn't even notice her watching him. Still, he was a show-off, he had no objections to entertaining an audience. ”That's nothing. Hell, I can turn that into an entirely new Fuuinjutsu if you want” Trilby said with a grin. A trigger was fine, but it could be expanded. The trigger could be potentially modified, so that rather than performing remote triggers on a hand sign, it could be a time trigger. Trilby could make a new seal, based off the one he just learned. This new seal could potentially allow him to alter another seal's activation time, causing a seal that normally activates on certain conditions like enemy presence, or immediately, to say, detonate after two minutes of placement. In fact, such a fundamental seal could be actively modifiable in combat. He could make the first use activate a seal immediately, and the second activate a minute after placement.

”I'd like that” Aki said with a grin, taking a seat at a nearby table. Trilby sat opposite her, and began to ponder. It seemed reasonable for him to perform this demonstration by using multiple Jigoku Youjinbou seals, each filled with an air burst. Confront, God, Sage, Release, Anger. Trilby repeated this sequence three times, each time he did so, he placed a landmine seal, each loaded with a burst of air. Trilby gestured towards the first in this string of seals. ”Touch it.” Trilby said, staring at Aki. Timidly, she reached out, placing the tips of her fingers gingerly against it's surface. As soon as she brushed up against it, The seal flared, sending her arm flying away with a powerful burst of air, causing her to squeak in surprise. ”These are ninjutsu land mines. They can hold any ninjutsu technique I want. This version only detonates on physical touch” Trilby formed the tiger seal, tapping the second one in the sequence. A tiny seal appeared inside the Land mine seal before disappearing. Forming the half-tiger seal with his left hand, the seal flared up, releasing it's air in a puff before vanishing. ”Yuugou. The seal you just watched me study. It lets me remotely detonate seals” Trilby paused at this moment. The demonstration was over, now he had to try and actively modify it without breaking his stride. Still, he always performed well under pressure.

Trilby touched the surface of the final seal gently with his index finger. ”Fuuin; Ichiji Igami no Jutsu!” A small circular ring of kanji appeared inside the larger circle of the land mine before quickly dissolving away. Leaning back in his chair, Trilby stared at Aki, waiting patiently. After about thirty seconds, the seal released a jet of air, and began to dissolve. ”There you have it. A brand new Fuuinjutsu. Unlike the previous one, that simply detonates when I order it to, this Ichiji Igami allows me to set timers. I can program it to trigger thirty seconds after placement, for example” Trilby kicked back the chair he was sitting in, zoning out the world around him as he shut his eyes. Aki was speaking to him, complimenting his talent, talking about how no other shinobi who came in to study could do anything so fantastic so easily. It was just noise to him. He was lost in his own ego. Once he heard her stop talking, he opened his eyes, rocking the chair back into all four legs. "Want to come back to my place for a drink?" Trilby said cockily, grinning at her. Aki had been coming onto him for months, it was about time he got something out of it. She stammered, turning bright red and stumbling over her words for a few seconds before she managed to force out an answerY-yes! Yes I'd like that very much.

Hauling himself from the chair, and taking Aki by the arm, Trilby exited the library. It had been a good study session, overall. He had got what he came for, and then some.

Word Count: 1294/1250
500 for E Rank: Fuuin: Yuugou no Jutsu
750 for D Rank: Fuuin: Ichiji Igami no Jutsu

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.