You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hiromasa

Hiromasa

D-rank
Hiromasa arrived home after a long, exciting day. He'd met new people, learned a few things, made some money and most importantly, become a full-fledged shinobi. Now, however, there was no more putting it off. His grandfather was surely home by now after working in his restaurant and there was little sense delaying it any longer. Walking through the doors of his home, he quietly stepped through the house trying to find Grandpa Daijiro, who he quickly spotted sitting in the library, reading. Still trying to think of exactly what to say, he his thoughts were interrupted as his grandfather spoke. "So, I spoke to one of your teachers today. Or rather, former teachers." Hiro grimaced. He should've figured after this long one of them would've come to deliver their congratulations, but he'd thought only of avoiding this moment all day.

With a sigh, his grandfather closed his book loudly. Before Hiro could say anything, he felt a sharp pain in his back, and almost immediately after, his chest. Looking down, he was horrified to see the tip of a blade protruding from his torso. He coughed, tasting blood in his mouth and turned his head to look behind him , shocked to see his grandfather was the one holding the hilt of the sword that had run him through. "I'm disappointed that I had to hear this new from somebody else. Why did you put it off all day? I know I have expressed my dislike of the idea of you becoming a ninja, but I would hope after all this time you wouldn't be afraid to tell me." Hiromasa, in intense pain and baffled by the contrast between his grandfather's gentle words and the fact that he was currently in the act of stabbing him, said nothing. "Do you not realize what this? You're going to need to master detecting and deploying genjutsu if you want to have any hope of surviving being a shinobi as a Kurama."

(329/2000)

Hiromasa

Hiromasa

D-rank
"This...this is a Genjutsu?" Bewildered, Hiromasa groaned through the pain and reached up to touch the blade sticking out of his chest. Blood dripped down his hand and he hissed quietly as his fingertips were cut. Coughing, he tasted blood in his mouth. Turning his head over his shoulder to look at his grandfather, he managed to gasp out "Why?"

A faint smile crossed his grandfather's face as he point to the library. "This is just an illusion my boy. At the same time a close the book and my hands came together, I formed the seal of the ram, the key to the bread and butter Genjutsu of the Kurama clan. This one wound is but a taste of the true power of the Kurama Style Hidden Art: Mental Tearing. If you insist on being a ninja, I'll have to do my best to improve your odds given our natural handicaps. This jutsu will be your best friend in a pinch once you master it. While I'm at it I'll have to hone some of that potential Genjutsu skill you have. Meet me in the basement when you're ready." With that, the illusion of his grandfather faded. Turning back around, Hiromasa saw that his grandfather was no longer in his seat in the library. Walking into the kitchen, he poured himself a glass of water and took the events of the last few minutes in. Clan Kurama...

(562/2000)

Hiromasa

Hiromasa

D-rank
Hiromasa stared into the glass, swirling the contents as he thought. He'd known his last name, of course, but his grandfather had never mentioned anything about it being a clan or anything special at all.

As he thought about his elder's words, he came to slowly realize that every struggle he'd endured, every weakness and inability might've been something he could do nothing to avoid. He groaned inwardly. So much weakness for what? A slight talent for genjutsu?

Ah well. Not like he could simply be reborn to a different clan, and even if he could, he'd miss Grandpa Daijiro. Besides, that jutsu he'd hit Hiro with had been something else. Painful, and so realistic it was scary. That power was to be his? Gulping down the rest of his water, his eternal grin returned. If his talent was genjutsu, it couldn't hurt to have a few more tools. He rose from the stool he'd been sitting on and headed into the basement, nearly sprinting. Seeing his grandfather sitting quietly on the floor, he made a coughing noise until the old man opened his eyes, smiling.

"So, Grandpa, I guess it's time to learn! You never mentioned that we were part of an actual clan, much less that we have our own jutsu... are all my issues with graduating a common thing among our clan too? So much you've never told me before, and I thought it didn't matter, but knowing I could be good at something would've been so helpful and I could've graduated YEARS ago and I could even be on my way to making Special or even full Jounin by now! Why...why didn't you tell me grandpa? I don't doubt your judgement, just...why?"

850/2000

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.