You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
OOC:
The young Hattori did not have to wait very long for the Mizukage to reply to him. As he stepped up to her, he almost felt like pinching himself to ensure that everything that was happening wasn’t just some sort of elaborate genjutsu. Here he was, inside the walls of the Village Hidden in the Mists’ Aisu compound and walking up to the most powerful ninja in the entire world, Lady Ayakashi, the Mizukage. It was all very surreal, and yet he knew it was actually happening despite his fears. And now he would ask her for the training he knew he so desperately needed; senjutsu, the mastery over nature chakra. It was an immense undertake, of that Nayoko was sure. But he was not worried; he had mastered jutsu far beyond the caliber of others in his station before, and now he would work just as hard to learn this.

When he finally stopped before her, Ayakashi did not extend a hand or even begin to answer his question. Instead, Nayoko watched as the woman opened her palms and shifted so that her right foot was forward. Her hands followed the same motions as Nayoko watched the Mizukage drop into a fighting stance. He had to stop his eyes from growing wide as she responded to his question with a request for a spar. Nayoko still still for a moment before nodding nervously. “I uh…of course Lady Mizukage. Forgive me if I’m a little slow at first. I haven’t warmed up yet like you have.” He chuckled slightly as she smiled and he gestured to the heap of metal that was formerly a steel training dummy that had fallen victim to Ayakashi’s morning training regime.

Cracking his neck, Nayoko then shifted into one of his more comfortable stances; sochin dachi. He had been formally trained in karate from a young age, even before he ended up in the ninja academy of Konoha, so at this point the stance was like second nature to him. Nearly mirroring the Mizukage, Nayoko moved his left leg forward and his right leg back, angling both his feet and body to around forty five degrees to Ayakashi’s forward facing stance. He then raised his hands which he balled up into clearly practiced fists, moving his left hand forward with his leg and keeping the right closer to his body. He then followed suit with his sparring partner and smiled, nodding to show that he was ready and lowering his stance.

"So, you wanted to make a report in person, I'm listening."  Nayoko opened his mouth to respond, but as he did so, the Demon Ice Witch of Kirigakure struck out with her right fist directly toward his chest.  The first thing he noticed as she did so is that she was not moving much faster than Nayoko was capable of moving, proving that she really was holding back for both of their sakes. After all, what good is a sparring partner if his chest is caved in after the fist punch. Nayoko knew that such carnage was more than possible after witnessing the way she had absolutely destroy the smugglers and mercenaries that had attacked Nayoko only a day prior, so he was grateful for the opportunity to spar with the woman in a more controlled circumstance. It made her seem more human and less demon in Nayoko’s eyes. After all, sparring was something he had grown up doing, so seeing the Mizukage in this capacity was much for familiar to the young Hattori.

Regardless of the familiarity of the situation however, he still needed to block the oncoming attack so that he could respond appropriately. Reacting instinctually, Nayoko moved his left hand down to block the oncoming strike, only to realize just in the nick of time that he was a feint as his opponent’s body dropped and twisted into a low, sweeping kick for the young man’s outstretched left leg. Luckily for Nayoko, the stance he was in allowed for him to lift his leg out of harms way without too much worry, though the speeds at which she was moving were far faster than he was used to. Unluckily for Nayoko, Ayakashi was not done there. Despite her missed kick, she planted herself firmly and coiled her left leg like a viper, which struck out with little remorse against Nayoko’s stomach before he could react.

The blow was a fierce one, that much was certain, and for a moment Nayoko had a hard time remembering that the woman before him was holding back. Gritting his teeth as the strike connected, he allowed himself to be lifted off of the ground by it for just a moment before regaining his footing. He was already letting his inexperience show, but he did not want to let it continue; he had to at least offer something to this spar. Exhaling as he landed back into his stance he attempted to use the Mizukage’s low position against her. Planting his forward left foot firmly, he spun himself counter clockwise into a flat footed kick toward her head, though as soon as his right foot was close to connecting with the woman, whether it be his intended target or a blocking arm, he allowed the generated momentum to pull his left foot off of the ground and sing into a heel kick from the same side. He hoped that the speed of the blows would at least be enough to give her pause, though he knew that his opponent was more than capable of stopping him.

Regardless of what his left heel connected with, if anything at all, Nayoko would attempt to push off with his left leg to put some pact between the pair so that he could give a response while they sparred. “Of course, my report…There were a couple of points I wanted to make to you that I was unsure would come through in the documented report. First and foremost, I wanted to assure you that the chuunin involved on this mission showed me that they would have been more than capable of completing the task we were originally assigned. They showed their prowess early on and should not be faulted for what went wrong. It was a pleasure to be allowed to work with them.” Stepping back towards the Mizukage, Nayoko would drop back into his stance as he continued. “The second point I needed to make was that yes, I did send in the chuunin on their own at first, and I was planning on backing them up should they need it. This is why the one boy was injured right off of the start. I stand by my decision as it pertained to the mission; as I said, I believe they would have had it under control, but I wanted to let you know personally what had happened so that there was no confusion as to whether or not I sent them into the fray and sat back without being prepared to fight as well."

As he finished this part of his report, Nayoko would lean forward with all of his weight on his left leg and simultaneously throw a punch towards Ayakashi’s sternum with his right hand. Blocked or not, Nayoko would continue with the basic combo of the kata he had learned early on in his studies; with his weight still on his let leg, he would push up and forward with it, bringing his right leg into a strong, forward high kick toward the Kage’s head. Unless his foot was caught and he was stopped, he would use the momentum of the kick to drop forward and throw is right elbow across his body at his opponent’s temple before following up with a swift strike with the back of his hand via an extension of his arm, and a follow up punch with his left hand to Ayakashi’s stomach.

Should his leg be caught however, he would attempt to push off to alleviate the pressure of being so close and having to block in the middle of his combination. Unfortunately, Nayoko was so focused on that one possibly that he did not prepare for a different counter attack.

WC:1389

Last edited by Nayoko on Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
The boy took his stance, and the spar would begin.

Ayakashi's swift attack would miss, but she knew that his stance would only allow for a limited defense, as she dropped to the ground after her feint and swept a leg, he simply raised his leg, but then came the follow up, coiling up like a viper as Ayakashi would score him directly in the sternum, using the force to rotate backwards in a one handed somersault, landing on her feet and crouching slightly back into her stance. It was at this point that the Mizukage would interject for a moment, the boy was taking too long to talk.

"Come on boy, I don't have all day, out with it, but first. I noticed your stance is synonymous with karate? Interesting, haven't seen the classics in a while, but your footing is wrong, either lean into your opponent and focus on aggression, or place your weight on your back leg to focus on your defense. Even distribution simply results in you being overwhelmed by an opponent who does either. Balanced offence will never outmatch focused defense, and balanced defense will never outmatch focused offence. A master in Taijutsu does not take the middle-ground, he transitions from one to the other flawlessly as he moves. Now, you were saying about this report..." Ayakashi would critique as she spoke, looking to him as he would begin his offensive, Ayakashi would transition her form to leaning back, on her leg behind her and lifting the toes of her forward foot slightly so that it was just her heel touching the ground.

His assault came quickly, as did his report, Ayakashi would listen for a moment as he charged, as his foot came up for the side of her head, Ayakashi had to physically restrain herself from immediately going on the offensive and kicking out the knee of his supporting leg before his foot could even hope to reach her head, instead, she allowed herself to sink down slightly... but it seemed that this special jounin was thinking ahead... clever man. His other leg snapped up for ayakashi's head, but, he'd made a mistake. In leaving the ground he was open, far more than he should have ever let himself be. Ayakashi could not allow a mistake like this to slide. Using the weight on her back leg like a spring once again she would lurch forward. His momentum in the air meaning until he touched the ground, there was little to no way to change his course of action or route his momentum.

Launching in, with her right Arm Ayakashi would hook his striking leg above the knee and throw a punch simultaneously directly to the chest of her opponent with killing intent, stopping once again just before the sternum as she did so and pulling her punch. She would be holding his left leg having thrown her entire body-weight forward into the blow... should this have been a real fight, it would have been over in that moment. Stepping backwards Ayakashi would allow a reset, stepping back into her aggressive stance once again. But this time, far closer than before, in wrist to wrist contact with her opponent, close, personal.

"I have no doubt that you took excellent care of my chuunin, and likewise I'm sure they learned from you and I'm glad no-one got seriously hurt. I understand the teachers responsibility to stand back and allow the students to perform what they'd learned, you weren't under any scrutiny. However, what is under scrutiny is your fighting style. You're overthinking yourself, you're using Karate, " Ayakashi would slap both of her thighs making a point before adopting a strong stance, bringing one fist to the outside of her chin and the other across her waist. Raising herself up on her toes and inhaling deeply before relaxing into stance again. "Karate, although classic, is a martial art of self defense and decisive offence, you are a mountain, always rooted to the earth, never, NEVER leaving it. You are immovable and strong where you stand." She would finish.

'But would he listen?'

Ayakashi would be the one to make the next move, no longer needing to sweep in she would attempt to throw a lightning quick jab for the joint of her opponents left shoulder with the hand on the same side, ducking low with another quick strike to the opposite kidney with the other arm before closing distance, raising with the elbow of the first strike to the side of her opponent's head.

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko could not help but be confused by being called a boy. After all, he figured he was only a few years younger than the Mizukage herself. Even so, his inexperience did make the gap between them seem immense comparatively. It seemed like she was not willing to wait for his report to come in between attacks, but during the spar proper. Noting this to himself, Nayoko prepared to ask the question he had actually come here to ask. Before he could however, he found his stance and style of fighting being critiqued and analyzed very intensely, leaving him feeling even less adequate in front of the far superior ninja. He knew that he should take her words to heart and learn from them, but Nayoko was proud of his style of fighting, and having Ayakashi tell him that it was inferior due to the balance that it took advantage of, he felt like he had to show her exactly how offensive he could be.

Which is why his initial assault was so careless. Even he knew that leaving the ground was a mistake, but his logic became clouded by his pride, leaving him open to the counter that he would never forget. As the Mizukage latched onto his striking leg, he felt as he was pulled forward into her oncoming fist at such a speed that he expected to die right then and there. Subconsciously, he began to release his clan’s kekkei genkai, forcing his chakra to the fore front of his body, preparing it to be shielded from nearly any attack. In that brief moment, he wondered if he had made such a poor mistake that the Mizukage felt it was more of a benefit to her village for him to be dead rater than continue to support them. But just before the killing strike landed, she halted her assault, releasing Nayoko and steeping toward him, not needing to say words for a moment, her point proven.

As she came close to him again, resetting the spar into a very close combat situation, she explained that she was confident that the mission was going to go as planned, and that he had no need for concern regarding the steps that had been taken. However, she then continued by giving him a brief lecture on the true strength of Karate, and what he was doing wrong. This time, Nayoko was smart enough to listen to her instruction as she dropped back into her own stance. "Karate, although classic, is a martial art of self defense and decisive offence, you are a mountain, always rooted to the earth, never, NEVER leaving it. You are immovable and strong where you stand." As she spoke, Nayoko lowered himself into his own stance once again, preparing for the next part of the spar. It was good that he did too, because the moment that she finished her speech, she began to launch her assault, throwing a lighting for the joint of Nayoko’s left shoulder with the hand on the same side. Gritting his teeth, Nayoko attempted to speak as he countered her attack.

“I appreciate the pointers Lady Mizukage,” he said as he brought his right arm across his body, deflecting the punch out of harms way rather than trying to block it directly. Watching her duck down and seeing her other hand heading toward his kidney, thrust out his left hand toward her fist while twisting, not moving the fist from its current path, but forcing it to continue moving straight while his body moved away from the blow. “It has been some time since I received direct instruction from a teacher that was so much more capable than myself.” She closed the distance, raising her left elbow and launching it toward Nayoko’s head. Regaining confidence, Nayoko moved to  counterattack, letting his knees slack for a moment to drop out of the way of the elbow. “Which is actually another reason why I’m here,” he grunted, firmly planting his back foot before pushing forward off of it, striking for Ayakashi’s abdomen with his right fist. Pressing the attack, he slid his right leg forward, stepping into her while bringing his left hand into an uppercut aimed for her chin. As he pulled that hand back down, he would lean on his now forward right foot and sweep his left leg into a kick along the ground, hoping to trip up his opponent without giving up his footing again.

It was during the aftermath of this kick that he continued speaking, “I failed those students personally. Even though I did not fail the mission and they all made it home safe, I failed them. I should have been able to protect them, and worse still, I should have been able to protect myself.” He felt a genuine guilt toward what had happened. After all, if he had been able to fend off the first wave of bandits on his own, perhaps the chuunin along with himself could have tactically retreated to ward the village, rather than forcing an rescue mission hat took away many of the village’s resources all at once. It was a mistake he could not let happen again. “You, Lady Mizukage, are the most powerful ninja I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, and now training with. I hope that one day, I can also attain that power so that I can protect my home with the same fervor you do.” He paused for a moment, inhaling deeply before finally working up the nerve to ask his request. “Lady Ayakashi, I humbly request that you train me in the art of Senjutsu, that I may also learn the way of the butterfly that you showed me on the battlefield, and now here. I swear I would use it only to protect my home and help fight alongside yours, seeing as our nations are allies already.”

He left the question hanging in the air, continuing to react to the strikes that the Mizukage would throw his way, but hoping beyond all other hope that this would soon change from a taijutsu spar to a senjutsu training session.

WC:1033+1389=2422

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
An interesting proposition led to interesting results.

The request to train with one another was one thing, but the idea that Ayakashi would be training someone in the art of her own sage mode was something completely different. Sero, in some ways was the only other person who had gone through any process of similar to what she had done so with the Butterfly Sage School. The butterfly sage school was a secret school, one that did not exist in the real world so to speak, but rather, it existed in a strange state, somewhere between the mind and the soul. The concept was interesting, but she didn't like the idea that he had somehow personally failed his students. The reality was that it was a difficult situation, there was more than one failure and it was on the shoulders of everyone who was involved. His strikes however were finally beginning to tighten into quick snappy combinations. Ayakashi watched the weight on his back foot shift as he curled his fist and lashed it out for her abdomen first. It was a clever opening, but, considering that Ayakashi had only just recently struck for that location, she had a hand there to guard it.

Putting her wrist to his wrist with the same hand, she would use his weight on the front of his leg and his forward momentum, veering his hand away from her as Ayakashi would grip his fore-arm and bringing it across his body as she would rotate past him, switching their positions expertly with her other hand on his shoulder as he attempted to throw the knee in response. Catching nothing other than air as their positions were switched. The man would no doubt turn to face Ayakashi afterwords in which Ayakashi would unleash the fury. throwing a continuous stream of rolling punches for his head chest and torso, seemingly at random. However each blow had some solid aim behind it. Head, neck, kidney, liver, sternum, stomach, head, sternum before feinting one final blow for his shoulder in which she generated force, routed the momentum into her hips as she would throw a spinning kick to his waist with enough force to almost cut a man in two.

'While simultaneously replying.'

"You didn't fail your students, you did the best you could in a scenario that went sideways. These missions happen once and a while no matter what country that you're in, I'm just glad that everyone in the end was ok, in other nations, it is more likely that you or a genin would have retreated and reported the death of the others. I'm more than happy to tutor a student in the arts of combat to help you get stronger, the arts of Senjutsu however, are risky... the Butterfly sage school is dangerous, especially to those who have demons that they seek to conquer within themselves. So, tell me about yourself, anything that you feel is important that I should know as a tutor. I want to know you, but not just your history, your feelings and more, especially any darkness that lays in your soul." Ayakashi would finish. The fact of the matter was that the sage school was a reflection of its students, ayakashi had a beast within her chakra that she had to tame and overcome, it took her years to do so, yet the final test in the school was overcoming it face to face.

'For a long while she had wondered if the beast was just happenstance, or the prerequisite.'

Ayakashi didn't know if she was ready to teach on this level, her master was not here to tech the specifics of sage mode, as she was a breeze on the wind. If Ayakashi went ahead with this course of action, she would likely need to confer with the Sage Animal of the school herself when Ayakashi got a chance to do so.

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Whether the Mizukage was inclined or not to respond positively to his question, Nayoko could not initially tell as she fell silent for a moment, seemingly processing the information. The Hattori knew that what he was asking was not a question that would warrant a simple answer. Despite the fact that all he was asking for was training, the contents of that training made everything Ayakashi could show him have far more repercussions. Learning the art of senjutsu, and even training to become a sage was training that could give a great deal of power to the individual being taught. Furthermore, it meant that Nayoko would have a deeper understanding of what level of power Ayakashi could wield, as well as the exact nature of that power. It was a dangerous thing to allow, and so Nayoko could understand her apprehension around the subject.

Regardless as to whether or not the concept of teaching another shinobi the way that her senjutsu worked, the Mizukage did not slow down. As he propelled himself forward, he watched with surprise as she managed to veer to the side while grabbing his wrist, following up with a sharp pull that sent his attempted follow up sweep kick toward nothing but the air that was now taking the pace of the woman who had previously stood there. She had switched their positions so effortlessly, that Nayoko could not help but feel a pang of fear emanating from the vulnerability of the state that he was left in. His back was not to her completely, and had this been a real fight, he could have ended him right there. Thank goodness for him the Mizukage was only taking care of her morning warm up.

Naturally, Nayoko did not hesitate to turn and face his opponent once more, though the did not receive the reset that he expected as Ayakashi unleashed a flurry of blows that caught Nayoko by surprise. Luckily, he still had his hands raised in a defensive preparation so he was able to block most of the strikes, though the strength and speed at which they were being thrown meant that quite a few of them would get though his defenses. While pressing the attack, the Mizukage reassured Nayoko of his aptitude as a squad leader before finally replying to his request. “I'm more than happy to tutor a student in the arts of combat to help you get stronger, the arts of Senjutsu however, are risky... the Butterfly sage school is dangerous, especially to those who have demons that they seek to conquer within themselves. So, tell me about yourself, anything that you feel is important that I should know as a tutor. I want to know you, but not just your history, your feelings and more, especially any darkness that lays in your soul."

It was hard for the young Hattori to formulate a response with the onslaught that was occurring, but he did take a moment to think though the implications of her statement. What did the teachings of the Butterfly sage school force the user to endure if it meant that his own inner demons would need to be conquered? He certainly had not heard of anything that could enlighten him, and so as he tried to think through the trials that he had experienced in his life, he found himself mentally floundering with a nervousness that began to creep into his psyche. In response, and while still attempting to and succeeding at blocking most of Ayakashi’s strikes, Nayoko began to explain as much as he could about himself to the Mizukage.

“Well, I guess I should get the easy stuff out of the way first. I was born and raised in the Land of Fire and have always lived in the Village Hidden in the Leaves, though I was not always on the path of a shinobi. My mother and father always taught me the importance of family, and I am very close to my father and sister. After my sister was born, my mother fell very ill, and after two years of agonizing over whether or not she would pull through, she passed away. After that I turned to the ninja academy as a way of distracting myself from the realities of living without a mother. My father became depressed, and my sister was too young to understand what was happening. There were a few years where I almost gave up on them. Luckily for us everything turned around after a short while; my father snapped back to reality and stopped drowning himself in alcohol, and my sister got older and decided to join the academy too. Eventually, I managed to graduated, though due to my late start at fifteen years of age and all of the mandatory theory classes that I had to go though, I only graduated a little over a year or so ago. Since then I’ve just been working hard, and to do enough that my mother would be proud of me.”

It was about this time that Ayakashi changed her tactics, feigning a strike toward his shoulder before launching into a kick that Nayoko knew would leave some damage. Though in doing so, she managed to let one of her lessons from just a few moments ago, take root in his mind. Seeing the kick that was singing for his waist, Nayoko shifted forward so that instead of the full force of her swinging foot colliding with him, it was her thigh, which was still moving quickly, but not at the speeds of her foot. Bracing for the impact, Nayoko allowed it to slam into his right side, maintaining his stance as the woman had urged him to do. He then followed up by wrapping his arm around her leg to hold in up in the air, while simultaneously kicking out with his right leg toward the outside of the knee of the leg that was still planted on the ground in hopes of causing her to fall. Should her leg be swept out from under her, he would lean forward with her fall and strike out at her throat with his free hand.

During this he continued relating what he could about himself to the Mizukage, though now his countenance had changed to one that was far more crestfallen. He was struggling with his explanations as he said them, but he knew each word he uttered to be true. “As far as darkness in my soul…well I’m afraid I don’t have any deep seated hatred that I know of, nor do I feel an undying need for revenge of any kind. No, my demons are far more…melancholy. The day my mother died, she gave me the pendant I now wear around my neck. It is a symbol of the Hattori clan; my clan. She told me that her family was originally from the Land of Water, and that she wished she could have come back here someday. That is partially why I am here, to be honest. In any case, that memory of my mother asking me to someday return here is one that will stay with me forever. And it is a constant reminder that she expected something of me. And so I fear letting her down. I fear that I will not be a strong enough ninja to make her proud. And that of course stems into the next issue, which is that of the guilt that I feel. You’ve already witnessed it; I hold myself responsible for actions that are far beyond my control. It is unreasonable of me, and yet I do it. This compounds into a regret that I feel when I realize that I could have probably done more. Whether it be more to help those chuunin, or more to help my family back home. Regardless, those are my demons, Lady Mizukage. They may not be rage, vengeance, and hatred, but I personally believe that fear, guilt, and regret can be just as deadly.”

WC:1346+2422=3768

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
When it rains it pours...

Well, I guess I should get the easy stuff out of the way first. I was born and raised in the Land of Fire and have always lived in the Village Hidden in the Leaves, though I was not always on the path of a shinobi. My mother and father always taught me the importance of family, and I am very close to my father and sister. After my sister was born, my mother fell very ill, and after two years of agonizing over whether or not she would pull through, she passed away. After that I turned to the ninja academy as a way of distracting myself from the realities of living without a mother. My father became depressed, and my sister was too young to understand what was happening. There were a few years where I almost gave up on them. Luckily for us everything turned around after a short while; my father snapped back to reality and stopped drowning himself in alcohol, and my sister got older and decided to join the academy too. Eventually, I managed to graduated, though due to my late start at fifteen years of age and all of the mandatory theory classes that I had to go though, I only graduated a little over a year or so ago. Since then I’ve just been working hard, and to do enough that my mother would be proud of me.”

His blocks and deflections were on point, each of the attacks that Ayakashi launched were veered off at the last second even as she had attacked at full speed one blow after the other, but, as her final feint attempt came in, Ayas kick would be strong enough to cut a normal man in half, but her opponent stepped in, taking a page from her journal. Ayakashi was impressed, this man adapted and learned quickly, maybe he would be a suitable student if he was able to actually listen and learn to those who were wiser than him. Stepping in he would grab her leg just as she had done to him, but, that was where the similarities ended. The man should have bursted with a simultaneous attack and defense, had he, Ayakashi may well have taken a hit, but instead, she smiled as it was time to show her opponent how one counter-attacked this particular action... No sooner than her kick had been caught Ayakashi would use her opponent as a pivot point, kicking off with her other leg quickly before his kick was able to dislodge her footing with a second kick for the side of her opponents' head. While he was grabbing onto her leg, she was still able to maneuver, Aya simply had to use her opponent as a fulcrum.

'And from there it was done.'

Whether or not the kick would land, she would avoid the kick from her opponent, he wouldn't be able to duck as if he were to lower his body he would lower ayakashi with his center of mass and her kick would follow suit, while leaning forward to move down would simply lead him into the axis of Ayakashi's kick as it rose from a downward angle. But should he guard, Ayakashi would grip him between her legs and raise up with her upper body to launch a punch to his head. Should he duck Ayakashi would follow through and allow her upper body to drop, coiling her free leg into her chest and letting out with a brutal donkey kick to his upper chest to force him to let go. Whatever the result, if she were to be let go, Ayakashi would slowly cartwheel backwards to her beginning position casually and with a high level of grace, like an acrobat moving in slow-motion until she was upright as he continued to talk.

“As far as darkness in my soul…well I’m afraid I don’t have any deep seated hatred that I know of, nor do I feel an undying need for revenge of any kind. No, my demons are far more…melancholy. The day my mother died, she gave me the pendant I now wear around my neck. It is a symbol of the Hattori clan; my clan. She told me that her family was originally from the Land of Water, and that she wished she could have come back here someday. That is partially why I am here, to be honest. In any case, that memory of my mother asking me to someday return here is one that will stay with me forever. And it is a constant reminder that she expected something of me. And so I fear letting her down. I fear that I will not be a strong enough ninja to make her proud. And that of course stems into the next issue, which is that of the guilt that I feel. You’ve already witnessed it; I hold myself responsible for actions that are far beyond my control. It is unreasonable of me, and yet I do it. This compounds into a regret that I feel when I realize that I could have probably done more. Whether it be more to help those chuunin, or more to help my family back home. Regardless, those are my demons, Lady Mizukage. They may not be rage, vengeance, and hatred, but I personally believe that fear, guilt, and regret can be just as deadly.”

Ayakashi would begin to think, he seemed like a decent candidate, and he was definitely stronger than she was when she began her training in the sage school. But, if he were lying to her, it would show almost immediately. "Well then, I guess the first step is having you get used to what Senjutsu chakra feels like before I take you to the sage school. Natural chakra is far more subtle than the chakra you and I know, but it is legion in the fact it is everywhere. If everyone were attune to its force, we would almost be blinded by it, some things are better to just filter out in the short run. So, in the short run, how about we do this, we'll go through some theory on the nature of natural chakra and lead you into what Senjutsu actually is. how about that? " Ayakashi would smile, as she would walk to a side, grab her towel and wipe her face, mentioning under her breath that, that would likely be enough sparring for now. Beckoning Nayoko to follow, she would begin to lead him out of the city and towards the forgotten well.

"Nature chakra at its root is the chakra present in all life, its a force of energy that we find hard to control because, in earnest, the only things to posses more tend to be larger than us. The sage animals are often a fantastic example of this. Consolidating chakra that is not meant to exist in condensed form into a small area is dangerous, like trying to pressurize a hurricane. Its one of the reasons so many ninja fail at becoming sages, and it takes a devastating toll on their bodies. The arts of the butterfly sage school are much the same... "

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Though he had learned a little bit from Ayakashi already, it very quickly became clear to Nayoko that he had barely scratched the surface of the technique that she would be able to teach him. As he struck out with his leg to kick hers out from under her body, he was surprised by the sudden weight he felt on his as the Mizukage began to use him as a fulcrum for a spinning kick with the very leg that Nayoko had thought was vulnerable to attack. Instead of landing a strike that would put her off balance, Nayoko found himself once again on the defensive as his sparring partner’s leg came swinging for his head. Recognizing that squatting would change little, Nayoko tried to duck just his head, which actually worked for a moment, as the Kage’s kick whiffed past his head.

It was a brief victory though, as it seemed like the Mizukage was prepared for such a maneuver, allowing her upper body to drop and once again coiling her free leg up to her chest before launching a brutal kick out toward the young Hattori’s chest. He had barely a heartbeat to react, and understanding that he would never be able to get out of the way of the attack, decided to at least salvage some sort of protection by releasing the woman’s leg and bringing both of his arms up to guard the kick to his chest. The force behind it was incredible, and as she landed the kick, Nayoko felt himself get lifted off of the ground. Rather than fighting hit, he followed through with the force and twisted into a back flip, landing hand back into his stance, if a little wobblier than before.

As he landed, he could honestly describe how he felt as awestruck for a moment, watching Ayakashi as she gracefully cartwheeled back into her starting position, her movements flowing like nothing Nayoko had ever seen from a person before. It reminded him of how he was able to control water when he concentrated with his suiton chakra. The fluidity of motion that he could achieve with his jutsu was something that he prided himself on. But seeing the way that the Mizukage moved made him yearn for the ability to use his body like that while barely even breaking a sweat, perhaps combining with the sturdy nature of his karate that he already knew so well. It was something to consider at the very least.

Glancing over to his sparring partner, he noticed that the look on her face had not changed, save for a slightly more furrowed brow, perhaps indicating that she was in thought. Not wanting to leave the mood so dour, he shrugged and chuckled to her with a smile. “And here I thought I was actually learning something. Looks like I still have some ways to go.” He then watched as the woman strode over to a towel that she had laying out while beginning to speak. "Well then, I guess the first step is having you get used to what Senjutsu chakra feels like before I take you to the sage school. Natural chakra is far more subtle than the chakra you and I know, but it is legion in the fact it is everywhere. If everyone were attune to its force, we would almost be blinded by it, some things are better to just filter out in the short run. So, in the short run, how about we do this, we'll go through some theory on the nature of natural chakra and lead you into what Senjutsu actually is. how about that?" Nayoko could not help but smile as he stood up from his stance, which he realized he had inadvertently been holding in anticipation of the Mizukage’s next attack. When he was finally confident that the spar actually was over thanks to Ayakashi saying so, he felt confident enough to respond. “That sounds like a perfect place to start to me. Thank you so much for doing this.”

After allowing him to express his gratitude, the woman smiled at him and beckoned for him to follow. It was a disarming moment for the young Hattori. He had seen this woman destroy a dozen people in mere seconds, and he had watched her fight with such a vigor and grace that he felt that he could never hope to match her prowess. And yet, in that moment Ayakashi became human again to the special jounin. She may be an extremely powerful kunoichi, and she may be known as the demon ice witch, but in reality, she was a person, just like him. Nayoko’s smile only grew as he strode up beside her, keeping pace with the woman as she continued explaining to him the intricacies of senjutsu.

"Nature chakra at its root is the chakra present in all life, its a force of energy that we find hard to control because, in earnest, the only things to posses more tend to be larger than us. The sage animals are often a fantastic example of this. Consolidating chakra that is not meant to exist in condensed form into a small area is dangerous, like trying to pressurize a hurricane. Its one of the reasons so many ninja fail at becoming sages, and it takes a devastating toll on their bodies. The arts of the butterfly sage school are much the same... " Nayoko nodded along with the Mizukage’s words, trying to wrap his head around the specifics of what he would be doing, or at least, attempting to do. Hearing directly from her how dangerous the process would be was fairly eye opening to Nayoko, but even as he walked along with her, he was confident that she would not allow him to undertake such a risk if she believed that he was incapable. Still, he had many questions, and a figured that this would e the best time to voice them.

“It sounds fascinating, and I now understand why most ninja aren’t taught such…specifics of nature chakra and senjutsu in the academy. At least, that’s the way it is back home in Konoha. I can only image the repercussions of a particularly adept student messing with power that he believed he could control, only to find himself torn apart by that pressurized hurricane you were mentioning. In any case, I admit that I am very curious as to what the process of learning the arts of this particular school involves. Will we be consulting with one of the sage animals that you mentioned? Or will you be taking me somewhere else first so that you can show me how the nature chakra feels as you mentioned earlier?” He caught himself almost rambling and managed to stifle a sigh before looking back to his new senjutsu trainer with a soft smile. “I apologize in advance for all of my questions. I guess I get pretty curous when it comes to the complex nature of chakra, and when it comes to nature chakra, a subject I know nothing about; well, I can’t help but be a little bit excited.”

[Exit Thread]
WC:1204+3768=4972

Sending all WC to this thread.

Last edited by Nayoko on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Having an excited student was something that Ayakashi on some level, sorely missed.

“It sounds fascinating, and I now understand why most ninja aren’t taught such…specifics of nature chakra and senjutsu in the academy. At least, that’s the way it is back home in Konoha. I can only image the repercussions of a particularly adept student messing with power that he believed he could control, only to find himself torn apart by that pressurized hurricane you were mentioning. In any case, I admit that I am very curious as to what the process of learning the arts of this particular school involves. Will we be consulting with one of the sage animals that you mentioned? Or will you be taking me somewhere else first so that you can show me how the nature chakra feels as you mentioned earlier? I apologize in advance for all of my questions. I guess I get pretty curious when it comes to the complex nature of chakra, and when it comes to nature chakra, a subject I know nothing about; well, I can’t help but be a little bit excited.”

Nayoko seemed to be filled with questions, and Ayakashi would be happy to answer them in time, but for now she would simply move into a meditative stance, sitting near the abandonded well as she would enter her sage mode nature. The green lines, much less becoming of her than the blue ones before would trace around her body as she did so, the reason for doing simply that fact that, in this mode, Ayakashi's nature chakra would devour the other two natures in her system, meaning that as of right now, to a person attempting to view her chakra system, Ayakashi would appear as either nothing, or a glowing pillar of nature chakra for all to see. The point was, it was raw, and incredible. Compared to her blue chakra mode before-hand where it was her bodies' spirit chakra that had devoured the natures of her body and nature chakra. Ayakashi would open her eyes as she would look to her pupil.

"Okay, this is about as bright as i can get it without getting the ANBU worried about some kind of mass destruction and false alarm. So, the state that I'm in now, is almost pure nature chakra. Most of your sensory techniques, because they are not attuned will not even begin to pick it up, but i want you to try. Attunement is simply attempting to visualize something in your mind that you haven't seen before. Without seeing it, it's hard to do... but now you can. You can see the energy flowing off me, and when you try to sense it, your mind thinks its not there... its a strange cognative dissonance that you'll feel... but keep trying, keep trying to find the feeling that 'should' be there but isn't. Try hard enough, and it will come to you like a whisper, focus on it harder and harder and harder until that flicker of shadow comes into view and that will be my nature chakra... so, i want you to give this a try. And while you're trying I will tell you more about nature chakra..." Ayakashi finished for now, giving Nayoko a couple of moments to either use a sensory technique capable of seeing chakra, or, so simply meditate and attempt to see it in his mind normally.

"In our bodies, we have present all 3 brands of chakra, mind body and nature, but, only 2 that through physical and mental training are widely useful for a ninja. So, focusing on that, you have come this far. Nature chakra is an ambient force that lays everywhere, not in enough quantity that we can use well, even if it is within us. But, unlike spirit and body chakra, which is unique to sapient life, Nature chakra is everywhere so, the art of the sage is drawing on that ambient power in the world around you, flowing it through yourself and using it, in conjunction with your body and spirit chakra to complete the triangle of power. Your chakra becomes more dense, reinforced, stronger and it packs a hell of a raw punch. But controlling it is difficult. Even I'm not very good at it, but, I've never been good at external chakra control. Ninjutsu was never my strongest suit." Ayakashi would let out a little chuckle. At this point she would expect that he was likely fighting through the cognitive dissonance and homing in on the signal of her nature chakra. To a younger ninja, this would have been a struggle, but, an older one like Nayoko would likely have little trouble handling the basics.

'ayakashi's senjutsu signature would be like a brilliant green inferno in the heart of an abyss. To the onlooker it flickered with an almost malignant intelligence.'

As he got there, it was time for Ayakashi to make an interesting reveal, she would ask him to remember that chakra signature and to stop focusing on her chakra entirely but not drop his technique. She would allow her sage mode to fade and when she did so she would smile with a look of almost manic malice. As she would stifle a laugh, remembering her reaction when she was asked to do this little trick. "Now, try to find that chakra signature again..." Ayakashi would watch and wait in wonder as he would no doubt attempt to do so, but what he would find would almost BLOW HIS MIND. Because Ayakashi was no longer using the sage mode for him to focus on as a focal point for his tunnel vision, his strain would reveal the ambient nature chakra not only in her, as it was on the same frequency, but also, the ambient nature chakra 'everywhere else' as it was all exactly the same. The entire world would light up like a christmas tree as he would be able to sense everything to even the finest detail.

What he was feeling, was merely a fraction of what it meant to be in sage mode. And Ayakashi loved it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.