You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
OOC:
The trek away from the compound where the duo had been training was longer than Nayoko had expected, and took himself and the Mizukage outside of the village gates, beyond the view of its walls and into a forest that Nayoko had been to a couple of times before. It was not the exact same spot, but it was close enough to the place where Nayoko had first met Burittsu, the first Kirigakure shinobi that the Hattori had ever interacted with. They had gone on a couple of missions together, charged with the duty of killing smugglers that had entered the land of Water with weapons and contraband of all kinds; the missions had also been very short ones. Though later on Burittsu had attacked Nayoko and his friend Teru Uchiha before running of to satisfy some sort of personal vendetta, he had learned one thing from the man; the shinobi of Kirigakure no Sato were ruthless, and that was why they were so effective.

Eventually, the pair of ninja arrived at the forgotten well. It was a location that Nayoko had heard mentioned before, but not because of any significance, but rather simply because it existed. It was odd to Nayoko that such an unremarkable well, sitting in the haze of the Village Hidden in the Mists, was know enough to warrant having a title. Regardless of what its importance was, Nayoko only saw an old well with a moldy rope attached to a bucket that was rotten nearly all the was through. It was as he was analyzing this bucket that he saw Ayakashi moving into a meditative stance, sitting down next to the very same well and seemingly ignoring the young Hattori’s questions. Though he knew better, he was about to ask why he was being kept in the dark when suddenly and with a flash, the Mizukage’s body was covered with green lines, similar to the blue ones that had traced her body earlier on the other occasions that he had seen her. Her eyes then suddenly flickered open and faced him before she began her lesson.

"Okay, this is about as bright as I can get it without getting the ANBU worried about some kind of mass destruction and false alarm. So, the state that I'm in now, is almost pure nature chakra. Most of your sensory techniques, because they are not attuned will not even begin to pick it up, but I want you to try. Attunement is simply attempting to visualize something in your mind that you haven't seen before. Without seeing it, it's hard to do... but now you can. You can see the energy flowing off me, and when you try to sense it, your mind thinks its not there... its a strange cognitive dissonance that you'll feel... but keep trying, keep trying to find the feeling that 'should' be there but isn't. Try hard enough, and it will come to you like a whisper, focus on it harder and harder and harder until that flicker of shadow comes into view and that will be my nature chakra... so, I want you to give this a try. And while you're trying I will tell you more about nature chakra..." Nayoko could not completely stifle the sigh that escaped his lips as he sat down on the ground. It was the second time in the last couple of days that he had been asked to meditate, and Nayoko had never really been one for meditation. Regardless, when the most powerful woman you have ever met tells you to do something, you do it.

And so the twenty two year old sat down, crossing his legs and placing his hands, palm up, on his knees before closing his eyes to try to concentrate on the chakra that his teacher was exuding. It did not take long for the cognitive dissonance that Ayakashi mentioned to become apparent to him. She had described it so well before, and so he tried his best to allow his mind to recognize the presence of the whisper that did not want to be heard. It was difficult at first, but before too long, he began to see a flicker of green light registering in his mind’s eye. As he tried to concentrate harder on it, he listened to the woman’s continued explanation. "In our bodies, we have present all 3 brands of chakra, mind body and nature, but, only 2 that through physical and mental training are widely useful for a ninja. So, focusing on that, you have come this far. Nature chakra is an ambient force that lays everywhere, not in enough quantity that we can use well, even if it is within us. But, unlike spirit and body chakra, which is unique to sapient life, Nature chakra is everywhere so, the art of the sage is drawing on that ambient power in the world around you, flowing it through yourself and using it, in conjunction with your body and spirit chakra to complete the triangle of power. Your chakra becomes more dense, reinforced, stronger and it packs a hell of a raw punch. But controlling it is difficult. Even I'm not very good at it, but, I've never been good at external chakra control. Ninjutsu was never my strongest suit."

Nayoko heard her chuckle then, yet again letting her more human side slip through the cracks. And in that moment, Nayoko was able to see it. Ayakashi’s senjutsu signature erupted like a blazing fire of verdant green in the centre of a black void, flickering and flitting with an energy that was infectious. “I see it…I see you…It’s beautiful…” His voice trailed off as he then listened to the further instruction given to him by his teacher. His eyes remained closed, and as he concentrate don her magnificent glow, he watched as it slowly faded away into near nothingness, becoming more of a dull glow of green embers rather than the inferno she had been before. “Now, try to find that chakra signature again..." Nayoko nodded, his eyes still closed as he focused on the flow of chakra around him, trying to locate that energy that Ayakashi had been emitting. Once again, the difficulty began to frustrate him, almost to the point of overwhelming him for a moment. But then something changed; he saw a green light flicker into view.

At first it was just a singular light, dancing in the distance but not too far off. He was confused for a moment, given that it clearly was not emanating from the Mizukage directly, and so to try to understand, he shifted his focus to that point. Then another light blinked into existence. Then another, and another, and yet another still. This continued on and on until the entire area around him at lit up like it was a new year’s celebration with glowing green light. It was incredible, and Nayoko could not stop his jaw from dropping. He could sense everything around him, from the small ant tat was carrying food back to its mound, to the bird that that was watching them up from overhead, to the depth of the well before him with small organisms living in the stagnant water at the bottom. Everything was revealed to him to the finest of detail, and it was amazing.

“Lady Mizukage, I can see it all. Everything…It’s just so incredible.”
Unable to contain himself, the young Hattori allowed his eyes to open, staring over at his new master with excitement. “I can’t believe that there was always so much chakra around us, but that I just could not see it.” He let out a soft chuckle that only came out of pure elation fir what awaited him. “I can feel it now, Lady Ayakashi. So, what’s next? I swear I’m ready for it.”

WC:1330

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
And so another door to the soul opened before him.

Ayakashi knew exactly what the boy was going through, she had been in his shoes once, and at about the same age when it came to pass, Ayakashi was a jounin by the time she was twenty two and she had risen to the ranks of Mizukage by the age of twenty five. But such bad old days were trying, and although there were find memories to be had within them, she didn't often enjoy thinking about that age. Ayakashi had once been the weakest of the Kage by far, she had risen through the ranks as a victim of circumstance, an aspiring young Jounin that had been taken under the wing as a student of the former Mizukage while the other student had not been up for the task. Ayakashi had struggled for some time in that position for years before she finally, with the help of the resources at the Mizukage offices' disposal, stood on her own two feet on par with the expectations of her station. Though doing so had taken a couple of years. Nayoko's eyes were wide with wonder as he could see the nature chakra in the world around him, the chakra that lay in every grain of grass, the chakra in the trees, the chakra in the animals and even, to a lesser extend the ambient chakra radiated by them in the very air they were breathing.

'To control this was power.'

The boy was in awe, but Ayakashi would like to continue with her discussion as he was now able to see on some level what she was talking about. Re-entering her more basic sage mode, she would begin to draw chakra from the outside into her body in a strange convection. Much the same as if she pressurized the nature chakra in her body to create a vacuum that needed to be filled by the world around them. The ambiant chakra of the world began to shift, flowing through her and her chakra points like a phantasmic breeze before it was then compressed and pressurized within her body. "Meditation is at the heart of Senjutsu, breathing is the act of sustaining life, all living things breathe on some level. But first you need to make room for it, remember what i said, Nature chakra on its own fills an entity, like a body of water, but, if you can compress that water in the center, it will lower the pool, enabling it to be refilled. Creating this vacuum is how sages draw in nature chakra, but should we do it too fast or too aggressively, nature chakra can swell, overflow, or disturb that inner pool of chakra to the point it becomes violent like a churning sea. So the focus must be on control. What you will practise on when you're not with me, is reaching into yourself and attempting to control the nature chakra already within yourself, the first step, is being able to interract with it at all. You'll need to focus, focus on it deeply drawing your mind closer to it until you can feel it, then reach out your will as you would your spirit chakra and attempt to move it. You'll try and fail many times, but once you can, you will try to slowly let it sway, pull it back, then release it to roll forward like a tide going in and out. That's all you need do on that front for now. So, moving on to more practical lessons, i think it's time you met my teacher. The Butterfly Sage School exists within the mind of its pupils, and sadly, without expertise in Genjutsu I'm unable to summon The Dream, however she can... Don't let her appearances fool you though. "

Ayakashi would stand, looking to the horizon as she would create a single hand-seal close to her bodies' core summoning senjutsu chakra in a marble in the palm of her hand and holding it there. The process, although slight, looked really hard for ayakashi. The marble would not have had the strength of even a D rank jutsu, but it definately made her feel uncomfortable. The process would take a little time, but, swimming through the air between the trees, disappearing from one location and then appearing at the other was the Sage creature that Ayakashi had talked about in the past. Robed in butterfly wings and riding a butterfly bathed in beautiful blue and white patterns, but otherwise nude, the tiny, child-like girl would have stood no higher than 8 inches tall, but, would govern amazing spiritual power should Nayoko attempt to glean information from it in any form. The girl would have a neutral expression on her face as she would approach the two of them, looking to Ayakashi and then the boy in turn as the dream-like butterfly, which did not appear entirely of this world would warp as if it wasn't quite settled in reality.

"I see you think yourself apt enough to take on a student for the school Ayakashi... are you sure this is wise? You have not held power within the butterfly school for long. You must know the risks you must undertake by doing this... though I'm sure he is a capable ninja, but, if your understanding of the school wavers, it's not your life that's at risk..."

The entities voice was monotonous and haunting like that of a ghost, echoing on itself as it spoke aloud, again, bearing the image of not entirely residing within the physical world. In truth, the girl and the butterfly she rode on were merely apparitions, extensions, or even manifestations of consciousness that could wander far and wide from their host should they wish to. The butterfly sage school did only exist within the mind of its pupils for a reason. But, against the criticism of the Sage-Master, Ayakashi would bow and speak in honorific tones, but not as one would speak to say, a teacher or a grandfather. As many sages spoke to the patrons of the craft. Ayakashi spoke far more casually, as if there was a mutual respect between them, as if they were both teachers in their own right and that Ayakashi had been acknowledged by the being. "That's one of the reasons I called you, I unfortunately cannot summon the dream, so, I would ask that you help me give this boy the test that you did when you first came to me. I can't do that without you."

'The butterfly thought.'

"Very well, I'll help tutor you and over-watch your training with this boy, but as you cannot control the dream, I will attempt to read your intentions and move it as you see fit. But should I feel you're going too far, or if I feel he is not capable, I will be releasing him from your tutelage. Agreed?"

Ayakashi nodded and things would begin to get underway. The butterfly girl would begin to channel chakra inwardly, and, throwing her hands out to either side, there would be a pulse of energy expanding in every direction, overwhelming them as the world they were standing in fell away and become something else. A massive out-door shrine complex would expand in every direction, small houses peppering the street with symbols carved on the front doors of the offering places. Each of the symbols pertaining to a varying branch of the Hattori Family line. Sadly, as Nayoko had little adversity in his life, little to truly fight for on a desperate scale, no darkness within him to test himself against and build his inner strength, he would be little more than a Genin in this world of Senjutsu, where ones' outer strength was a direct reflection of one's strength of will and character. Though, Ayakashi had no doubt, that should this boy posses the konoha famed 'will of fire' it was only a matter of time before he mastered the arena.  

Ayakashi would appear exactly the same here as she would in the outside world, though her shadow was that of some beasts' roaring shadow as opposed to her own natural one. Ayakashi would speak as she would explain what was going on. "Welcome to the Butterfly Sage School, we call it The Dream. It's not unlike a Genjutsu where our chakras are connected through the natural pathways that lay in the natural world. Here, willpower means everything. Genin can move mountains and Jounin can be like that of a child without will enough to do it. Most things here are possible. But, as here you're little more than an avatar of your consiousness, that tends to drag with it the baggage you carry with you. For example." Ayakashi would motion down to the beast of her shadow, though it seemed to be well behaved, as focus was drawn on it, even though ayakashi did not move an inch, the shadow's hurned and alost lupine head would turn to look in the direction of Nayoko, white holes in the shadow where its eyes should be.

"You told me you had no monsters laying within you, but, if you're wrong, you'll quickly find out. Also, i should mention, because here we're merely within a merge of our chakras, actions taken here can effect the outside world on some level. If you take a wound here, your chakra could destabalize and inflict a wound on your body psychosomatically. So, while i dont think you will likely die... i would not test it. Many of the scars on my body were given to me by my own frostbite because of this place... Are we understood?"

Finishing, Ayakashi would observe his form, a good way to see what she was working with.

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
The Mizukage did not answer Nayoko right away. Rather, she simply activated her sage mode once again, the symbols that the young Hattori had become accustomed to seeing appearing all over her body has she channeled the nature chakra of the world around her into herself. Now that he was attuned to it, Nayoko found himself sensing the chakra in the air around the pair shifting though her, like a breeze that was impossible to perceive through touch. That chakra was then compressed within the woman, which was such a foreign concept to Nayoko that he thought he was misinterpreting what was occurring. As she did this, the woman began to speak once again. "Meditation is at the heart of Senjutsu, breathing is the act of sustaining life, all living things breathe on some level. But first you need to make room for it, remember what i said, Nature chakra on its own fills an entity, like a body of water, but, if you can compress that water in the center, it will lower the pool, enabling it to be refilled. Creating this vacuum is how sages draw in nature chakra, but should we do it too fast or too aggressively, nature chakra can swell, overflow, or disturb that inner pool of chakra to the point it becomes violent like a churning sea. So the focus must be on control. What you will practice on when you're not with me, is reaching into yourself and attempting to control the nature chakra already within yourself, the first step, is being able to interact with it at all. You'll need to focus, focus on it deeply drawing your mind closer to it until you can feel it, then reach out your will as you would your spirit chakra and attempt to move it. You'll try and fail many times, but once you can, you will try to slowly let it sway, pull it back, then release it to roll forward like a tide going in and out. That's all you need do on that front for now. So, moving on to more practical lessons, i think it's time you met my teacher. The Butterfly Sage School exists within the mind of its pupils, and sadly, without expertise in Genjutsu I'm unable to summon The Dream, however she can... Don't let her appearances fool you though. "

“Who is she?” was all that Nayoko could say, trying to process all of the information that was being sent to him. He wanted to stop her to ask more question, but at the same time he just wanted to see every single thing that Ayakashi had to show him. And so, he remained silent as she stood up, staring off into the distant horizon before forming a single hand seal, her brow furrowing and her body tensing as she strained herself to do whatever it was she was doing. After a moment, she extended her hand to reveal a small marble in the palm of it. It did not seem special at all, but regardless, Nayoko waited patiently as the Mizukage stood still, holding the bead and remaining silent. Nayoko was not the type of person to wait around for much, and so after a few minutes of waiting, he began to get restless, sitting on the ground and waiting for something to happen. His eyes darted from one area to the next, searching for something, anything to occupy his time while he waited for whatever was supposed to happen.

Finally, after waiting for what felt like an eternity to the Konoha ninja, he caught a glimpse of something. It wasn’t much, but as he followed the movements of it, he was able to discern its size and rough shape. From a distance, it appeared to be a large butterfly, but as it came closer and closer, he eventually realized that it wasn’t just a butterfly, but rather a small, nude girl, less than a foot long riding a beautiful blue and white butterfly. As Nayoko tired to process the sight of the young, winged girl he started to wonder if he was going insane; maybe that nature chakra was getting to his head or something. The was her form flickered and warped through the air was certainly unnatural, and yet, something was telling Nayoko that whatever or whoever it was, it was really there. His theory of it not being real was squashed pretty quickly however when the entity began to speak. Its voice was monotone and clear, but bore a cacophonous echo that was startling to Nayoko. "I see you think yourself apt enough to take on a student for the school Ayakashi... are you sure this is wise? You have not held power within the butterfly school for long. You must know the risks you must undertake by doing this... though I'm sure he is a capable ninja, but, if your understanding of the school wavers, it's not your life that's at risk..."

It seemed to Nayoko that this was a conversation that he was not meant to take part in, despite him being the subject of interest. While he waited and watched the two converse, he tired again to focus on the nature chakra around himself and there two entities, only to be nearly blinded by the small being’s essence. Opening his eyes, he looked over as the Mizukage bowed to the strange figure, now understanding why. This was the sage animal she had spoken of; this was a master of the Butterfly Sage School. After they conversed for a while and the butterfly took a minute to ponder to itself, it finally replied to Ayakashi. "Very well, I'll help tutor you and over-watch your training with this boy, but as you cannot control the dream, I will attempt to read your intentions and move it as you see fit. But should I feel you're going too far, or if I feel he is not capable, I will be releasing him from your tutelage. Agreed?" The Mizukage nodded, and as soon as she did so, Nayoko felt a change in the air around them.

With his newly attuned senses, he could feel the nature chakra shift around the trio and into the butterfly before she threw her arms outward. As she did so, a pulse of energy erupted from her, flooding their surroundings and transforming the earth into something different as the ground they previously stood on fell away into nothingness. In its place stood an expansive outdoor complex that extended in every direction, houses scattered amongst streets carved with symbols that showed paths to each of the different Hattori family lines. Nayoko spun around trying to take everything in, seeing symbols that he never even knew related to his clan, and yet was somehow now aware of their existence. As he did this, he heard Ayakashi speaking to him, "Welcome to the Butterfly Sage School, we call it The Dream. It's not unlike a Genjutsu where our chakras are connected through the natural pathways that lay in the natural world. Here, willpower means everything. Genin can move mountains and Jounin can be like that of a child without will enough to do it. Most things here are possible. But, as here you're little more than an avatar of your consiousness, that tends to drag with it the baggage you carry with you. For example." Nayoko’s eyes followed her gesture as she referenced her shadow, which appeared as a wolf like beast that was under control, but by no means tame.

Glancing down at his own hands, he began to understand her explanation more and more. They appeared softer, less weathered than they were just moments ago, and looking over himself, he realized that it was not just his hands, but his entire body that seemed to have shrunk down to a younger version of himself. His muscles were less defined, and his hair was cut shorter, but beyond his appearance, he felt weaker too. In fact, felt just about as weak as he did back when he was a genin. Reeling from this revelation, he just barely managed to catch the tail end of Ayakashi’s warning.  "If you take a wound here, your chakra could destabilize and inflict a wound on your body psychosomatically. So, while i don’t think you will likely die... i would not test it. Many of the scars on my body were given to me by my own frostbite because of this place... Are we understood?"

Nayoko nodded slowly, glancing around once again in an attempt to understand his surroundings. “I don’t understand though...what do I need to overcome here if there is no darkness for me to conquer? What am I expected to…” His voice trailed off as his eyes fell on one carved symbol leading to one of the many streets. It was a simple symbol that represented a family line that he knew very well; Koyanagi. The Hattori paused, peering down the street in an attempt to see anything or anyone down there. But there was nothing, at least not yet. “That’s the line of the Hattori I come from,” Nayoko muttered quietly to Ayakashi. “My mother is of the line, whereas my father’s family had no special traits about them like the Heart of Iron that was passed down to myself and my sister.” Turning back to his teacher he settled his expression. “If willpower is everything here, then why do I feel so weak? My family holds the Heart of Iron, and my home burns with the Will of Fire. I’m confident in my abilities, so why am I no stronger than a genin?”

WC:1638+1330=2968

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
The boy spoke, and with it, some wisdom, but much heart.

“I don’t understand though...what do I need to overcome here if there is no darkness for me to conquer? What am I expected to… That’s the line of the Hattori I come from... My mother is of the line, whereas my father’s family had no special traits about them like the Heart of Iron that was passed down to myself and my sister... If willpower is everything here, then why do I feel so weak? My family holds the Heart of Iron, and my home burns with the Will of Fire. I’m confident in my abilities, so why am I no stronger than a genin?”

Ayakashi could feel the eyes of her teacher move to her, she was being judged now, and the thought made her uneasy, this was no longer the calm and easy teaching process that she had hoped it would be. Now that the dream was a part of everything, she could feel the ebb and flow of power within the realm. Nayoko had questions, his naivete and good intentions almost matching his guise perfectly, the heart of iron beating within him as his clan in particular was known for their willpower, yet he didn't quite begin to understand the level in which he had entered this place. Ayakashi would snicker, trying not to laugh for a moment at the thought as she would burst at the thought, the boys' strength seemed to wane on the upper end of Genin prowess as Ayakashi would think back to how she had entered this place. She was an aspiring Jounin, much like Nayoko, though she could not remember the state in which she had come here at. Ayakashi would look to her mentor who would nod in turn as the dream would begin to move and change...

'And the wind grew cold.'

Though the grove of family shrines would remain, crystal tress of a diamond forest of blades and ice would grow around them, extending as Ayakashi herself would begin to shrink in size. Chakra was emanating from the butterfly as it seemed she had the power to control the Dream as if she were a god within its hallowed walls. Though within some of the crystals there was something dark ruminating underneath the surface, something that was new to even Ayakashi, like a venom sealed within that needed only the surface to be cracked to be let out. Though it was subtle as a hazing mist. Ayakashi's body quickly waned to that of a child, where Nayoko stood as a near-chuunin, Ayakashi would have reduced in age to the point she would have been about seven or eight years of age. At which point, Ayakashi was a non-ninja child of a blacksmith, holding a mock tanto in one hand that looked shoddily made, barely even reputable as an E rank weapon. Ayakashi wore traditional kirigakure Aisu attire with a silk top and leggings and wooden shoes. Smiling coyly as she did so to prove a point.

"This is how I began in the dream Nayoko, my first encounters here I thought I was having nightmares, remembering back to when i was a child and how my father died. But history didn't quite add up to reality. I was hunted by a monster, a beast, but the beast was my own and ultimately, I tamed it. You're here to do the same... You think and claim that you have no dark places in your heart, but, in the end your guilt and insecurity for 'failing' your genin bought you to me. There's a beast in us all, but I feel yours is going to be more dangerous than you realize." It would almost be hard to take the seven year old Ayakashi seriously with her waist long ice blue hair and her butterfly hair-clips that she seemed to wear even at such a young age. The fact that he mentioned Melancholy would be a pretty easy tell, meaning that he perhaps felt things without a logical reason to feel them, whether it was pensive sadness or misplaced guilt, insecurity or the need to be stronger to fill some inner yearning or void. All these emotions stemmed from dark places when it came to the butterfly school, all of them created a beast.

"But at the end of the day, it's your will of fire and your heart of iron that have begun you in this state. It's the early stages here in which you grow the most through even the most minor exposure and training. You will quickly become as you see yourself as your mind adapts to the dream. The mind always lags behind those who have yet to train it. Were you any stronger here from day one, you would be considered a prodigy or a rare gift. So I would count your blessings. " Ayakashi would let out a breath of ice cold air as the frigid temperatures were that of near freezing. Looking over to one of the family stones, the ones that had been mentioned by Nayoko, he had talked about his mother... he seemed attached to Ayakashi, so, it was time to begin the first stage of his training in the dream. Looking to her mentor once again, as Ayakashi remained in her far more youthful form, she would nod, and yet another pulse of chakra would flow outwards, erasing ayakashi and her mentor from existence, manipulating Nayoko's short term memory...

'He would not be ready for what came next'

Standing where ayakashi once was, not that he would quite remember why he was here or who he was just talking to, Nayoko's mother would stand before the shrine, wearing an attire best suited to daily life in his memory. Her eyes gazing around in surprise as they would quickly fall on Nayoko... Shock would follow, as a smile would stretch across her face, tears beginning to well in her eyes.

''Nayoko... is that you..?''

So the trials began.

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko was beginning to see a pattern in how his new senjutsu teacher chose to explain things. Rather than answering the young man with her words before showing him exactly what she meant, she chose to use action as a method of teaching rather than expository speeches. Yet another example of this teaching method was shown when, instead of answering his question directly, she snickered for a moment before turning to face the beautiful butterfly creature that had brought them into the Dream. Ayakashi’s mentor then nodded, and once again, her actions brought a significant change to the world around Nayoko. The wind shifted as the Dream slowly changed, and before too long, the wind was as cold as the ice that the Mizukage was famous for wielding.

While the grove and the shrines of the Hattori clan families remained in place, suddenly a shimmering multitude of crystal trees would erect themselves from the earth around the pair. A forest made of diamonds grew into the space, causing the light without a source to dance around the Hattori family monument. Spinning around, Nayoko tried to take in all that was happening around him, focused on the new surroundings that seemed to thrust themselves into existence at the behest of the small creature riding a butterfly. It was all very surreal; but that feeling escalated as he turned back to face where Ayakashi stood, or at least where she had stood moments ago. Now, instead of the tall, powerful, commanding woman that Nayoko had partially grown accustomed to, there stood a girl no older that sever or eight years of age. It was clear that this girl and the Mizukage were one and the same; her hair was the same shade of blue and fell to the same length at her back. On top of that, this girl even wielded a weapon, though the tanto in her hand could only be referred to as a weapon in the most basic terms. But the way that the girl smiled up at Nayoko baffled him, leaving him feeling more uneasy. Finally, she began to explain herself now that the illustration was complete.

"This is how I began in the dream Nayoko, my first encounters here I thought I was having nightmares, remembering back to when i was a child and how my father died. But history didn't quite add up to reality. I was hunted by a monster, a beast, but the beast was my own and ultimately, I tamed it. You're here to do the same... You think and claim that you have no dark places in your heart, but, in the end your guilt and insecurity for 'failing' your genin bought you to me. There's a beast in us all, but I feel yours is going to be more dangerous than you realize." Though the words that she spoke were serious, the tone that left the young girls lips were hard to reconcile with the wisdom that she was pouring out for Nayoko. Even so, he pushed through the awkwardness of the whole encounter; for he knew that the girl in front of him had grown into the woman that was known across the whole of the shinobi world as one of, if not the most powerful ninja that was living. After a brief pause, the girl continued her explanation. "But at the end of the day, it's your will of fire and your heart of iron that have begun you in this state. It's the early stages here in which you grow the most through even the most minor exposure and training. You will quickly become as you see yourself as your mind adapts to the dream. The mind always lags behind those who have yet to train it. Were you any stronger here from day one, you would be considered a prodigy or a rare gift. So I would count your blessings."

Nodding slowly, Nayoko took a moment to glance back around the area, trying to find how he was to be tested here if he was supposed to grow like the Mizukage had said. Looking about, he picked up on hints of the darkness that festered below the surface of some of the crystal trees around him, putting him on edge for whatever was to come next. “Well then, if I am to grow here, what do I need to do? Do I train like I would anywhere else? Or is the approach here a little bit differ-“ The cold air behind him caught his attention, causing him to spin around just as the pulse of chakra erupted from her , flowing around Nayoko and swirling throughout the air in the place. Blinking and shielding his eyes, he grunted with surprise, trying to understand what exactly was happening. But all of that effort was for naught, for as soon as he opened his eyes to look for…whoever had been with him before, he was greeted by a face that he never would have expected to see.

Music:

“Nayoko…is that you..?”

Nayoko’s breath caught in his throat, taken aback by the woman that stood before him. She was shorter than him, even now in his younger form, though not by much. Her long brown hair fell down to her midback and was held out of her face by a white bandanna. Her large, deep brown eyes twinkled in the strange semblance of sunlight that permeated the space in which they stood, and above all else, her smile shone brightly in the space. “Mo…Mom?” Nayoko could hardly speak, and though he knew that nothing made sense, that his mother could not be there because she was dead, in that moment he could not have cared less. Rushing forward he embraced the woman, tears forming on the corner of his eyes as he buried his face in her shoulder. The yellow sweater she wore still smelled like his family home combined with baked goods that she was so well known for in their small community.

For a long time, what felt like an eternity to the young Hattori, Nayoko simply stood there holding her, letting himself forget the fact that deep down, he knew that she could not be real. Deep down he knew that his mother had passed away years ago, and that she had left him, his sister, and his father to live without her in their lives. It was not her fault of course; she had been so sick for two long years. When she had finally died, it was really more of a blessing, considering that she would not have to suffer any longer. But Nayoko missed her...gods he missed her so much. And so, for that moment, he allowed himself to be swept away in the fantasy that had been brought on by a force he could not even remember, more grateful than anything.

Eventually, after silently crying in her arms for a time, he leaned back from her, looking down into her eyes, the tears still gently spilling from his eyes and down his face. He smiled, and finally spoke to her for the first time in almost six years. “Mom…how are you here? I’m not complaining or anything but…I just….mom how is this possible?”

WC:1223+2968=4191

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
So it was that darkness came to light.

Ayakashi responded to his question with a coy smile and simple silence, how to grow was something he was going to have to discover for himself, though the answer was far more easy than he would have thought it to be. The answer was to participate in the trials that were laid out before you in the dream, there would be a trial each time he were to arrive here that would result in willpower being at the source of its intentions, and he would have to repeat that trial until he overcame it, or was totally consumed by it. Inadvertantly, the difficulty he had with these trials in conquering his weaknesses would feed a creature that was beginning to form within this space, to which it was the duty of Ayakashi to help cultivate. It was an amalgamation of fears, anxieties, hesitations, bad memories hates and sorrows given form. Butt this time, the trial was needing to deal with being put face to face with the image of his mother...

'It was harsh, but none of this was to be fair.'

The woman standing before him was not simply born from his memory, but by the imprint on his chakra that had connected with hers, a sort of memory that lived on in the nature chakra of his body. Ayakashi had seen what these images were capable of before with Sero Osada, they were almost a means of reaching out and touching the past, or even a lesser form of resurrection in some way. As, while many of these images were able to be controlled by the arbiter of the dream, the late Mizukage Sero seemed to break free of that control with his own willpower under circumstances that Ayakashi nor her master could entirely explain, explaining to them in full that the natural world and the nature of chakra still had many mysteries that were yet to be explored by any ninja. However, as the woman embraced her son, Ayakashi knew what was going to come next, he was going to have to revisit how she died. A method that all seemed too cruel in the ninja world, was a long, drawn out death by disease rather than the quick ends that are seen almost far too often.

'Aya could not imagine seeing someone waste away like that.'

Sure enough, the woman that was Nayoko's mother, would reach out and cup his face with a warm smile. "I don't know my darling, i don't know. But whatever is behind it I wont ever leave you again... I'll always be here for you Nayoko, but I can't stay here like this long. Oh my dear Nayoko, oh, you've grown so much. I knew you were destined for such amazing things..." Ayakashi would not to her master as things needed to be set in motion, slowly but surely the effects of her disease would begin to take hold, at the moment they would not be apparent to all but the most observant of ninja... her complexion would begin to change, Ayakashi would ensure that they would not become too bad too quickly, on some level this was an attempt to allow Nayoko to grow, not just to punish him... if he had something he needed to say to his mother before she was let go again, he would give him the chance to do so. Ideally, if they had infinite time, the idea would be to create a scenario where Nayoko would have the opportunity to abandon the living world to stay here... but at her masters advisal, after the Sero incident, letting these apparitions stay out too long was dangerous to the trial.

'There was simply no telling what could happen.'

The mother that he had lost would embrace and hold him close, for all intents and purposes, she was his mother, he had some time to interact with her normally and share some words before what would happen next. Tears would stream from his mothers' eyes as the world would seem like a vastly narrow place, little existing outside of it save for the two who had been reunited.

'But the day was about to get so much worse...'

Nayoko

Nayoko

D-rank
Nayoko could hardly contain himself when his mother reached up to cup his face. Felling her though on his skin, it was so real. Something about this moment had to be real; otherwise Nayoko must have been going insane. Finally she spoke for the first time since greeting him. "I don't know my darling, i don't know. But whatever is behind it I wont ever leave you again... I'll always be here for you Nayoko, but I can't stay here like this long. Oh my dear Nayoko, oh, you've grown so much. I knew you were destined for such amazing things..." Nayoko smile, hearing words that he had always yearned to hear from a woman he thought it would be impossible to hear from ever again. By some miracle his mother was returned from the depths of death itself, and in that moment, that moment of hearing her approval, Nayoko was almost willing to stay there forever.

As she pulled him in once again, Nayoko thought he felt a change in her stance. He was not quite sure what the difference was, but something had alerted him to a change in how she was standing. Shaking it off, Nayoko decided to take the time that he had with his mother to catch up with her, and to tell him about how he had grown. He took the next little while to tell her all about the years after her passing. Everything from his father’s temporary alcoholism, to his sister’s exemplary performance in the academy, to his most recent trials in the Land of Water. So much had changed for Nayoko in the years since the illness had taken her away from their family, and it was nice to finally be able to tell her about it all; even if it was all just a messed up dream of some sort.

After talking to her for a while, he would once again pull his mother into a gentle embrace, holding her close for a brief moment. Once again, he could feel that something was different about her. She seemed almost weaker, her embrace not possessing the same vigour that it did when he had first held her in the strange space. “Mom? Wat’s wrong?” He asked her his voice shaking out of fear for might happen, for he had no idea about what would happen next. Still holding her, he waited for a response, but received only silence for an answer. Worry and anxiety took over his body almost instantly, and without hesitating any long her gripped his mother’s shoulders in his hands. Pulling back from her, he looked down into her face, hoping to see what had changed. But instead of answers, he was only bombarded by more questions when he saw his mother’s face. Tears were flowing down her face as she stared up at him, a soft but pained smile spread across her pale face. It was then that it struck Nayoko; she was pale. Much paler than when she had first appeared. In fact, she was as pale as she had been in the hospital for those two years that she suffered through her illness.

That moment of thinking about those days sent a flood of images through Nayoko’s mind. For a moment he was back at the hospital, back in her hospital room sitting next to her bed as she told him stories about the land of water. That imaged faded into another one of the family pushing her through the hospital garden in a wheelchair. Once again, the image in his mind’s eye flickered into the image of the day that she died, laying silently in her hospital bed as the doctors covered her face and his father stared in, stony faced. It was a bombardment of emotions that wreaked havoc on Nayoko for a moment before he snapped back to what was exactly happening in that moment.  The world around him seemed to shift and shake for a moment before shrinking itself into a a narrow world where little existed. In fact, for a moment Nayoko was sure that the only people who existed, ever had existed, and ever would exist were himself and his mother in the beautiful space that had brought her back to him.

But for some reason, deep down, Nayoko knew that something was wrong, and that something was going to take away his mother again. That was something that he could not allow.

[Exit Thread]
WC:756+4191=4947

All words sent to this thread

Last edited by Nayoko on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Mom? What's wrong?

The words would echo, it seemed that the boy could not simply be content with a good thing, something needed to be wrong, his doubt was seeping into the scenario even though the signs were slim to begin with. His doubt, his anxiety, perhaps even unconscious unwillingness to accept a blessing as its own would bleed into reality. His mother while holding him close would begin to degenerate more, her skin becoming pallid and clammy for the most part as something bad began to change. Her breathing would become labored as if she was out of breath, so with haste she would pull close to the boy and whisper in his ear a final parting gift. Leaning close, her voice would hold an ever so slight rasp to it as beyond his lines of vision her face would become something... different.

''You have to be careful here my darling... this place is dangerous... I don't think you're strong enough yet... I-I never told you...''

She would let out a cough for a moment as almost all sound would drown out of the world, there would be nothing, just a pan white plan for but a second with no detail as it was just Nayoko and his mother, but, it wasn't just his mother. Ayakashi could see a 'beast' in here a mile away, the darkness radiated from her form. She wasn't just the yin to his yang, she was the Gakido draining his will to live, a Yuurei that clung to life, a shiki draining the will of men in secret and ending them with careless whispers of grandeur. But Nayoko needed to learn this, this was his training and as the woman gulped, not wanting to reveal a close secret she would hold her 'son' tight and finally let out what she had been holding in all this time...

''I couldn't, I was so ashamed... Darling, my love, my condition... it's... its hereditary...''

The serpent struck with the poison of her words to weaken the will of the boy even further, he would not be able to tell it now, but, being sucked into the scenario his form had weakened even more the more he bought into this plot. If he would be shaken by this discovery, if it would rock his willpower he would weaken in the world. But should he recoil or seem to hesitate in surprise the creature would manifest a blade from little more than smoke in her hand, keeping it low and out of sight before striking it for the gut of the boy as her form finally gave way to what it truly was. She was little more than an abyss feeder, a leecher of emotions and pain, but also most definately his mother simultaniously. She had the same chakra signature, she had the memories and the feelings in her heard, but the deadly kris in her hand would whip for him with all the strength and speed that Nayoko had in the real world. All of the power she had physically drained from him. Her hair was thick and her skin and body looked like what she had appeared as at the final stages of her disease, yet there was something more to her, a strength, her teeth were sharp and capped and her fingers warped into claws with parchment like skin. Should her blade have stuck she would taunt...

"Foolish children... so sad my daughter will suffer the pain I did... but I'll wait and watch over her... "

With that final comment, the dream would fade and bring them back into the waking world, Ayakashi would be thinking deeply. But also awaiting Nayoko to come to terms with what had happened.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.