You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Waiting on the sun. [Raishi/Private.] Empty Waiting on the sun. [Raishi/Private.] Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:01 pm

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
Her head would droop forwards as she raised a hand curling her pinky, ring and middle fingers against the palm of her hand as her index finger curled over her thumb. To scrub the side of her index finger against her left eye before blinking a few times in order to adjust to the still dark room passing her gaze over the many sleeping figures of the room allowing her hand to drop back into her lap. She would pause for a short time before slowly pushing to her feet, attempting to be as quiet as possible as to not wake the others as she headed to the front door. She would lean over into a hunch slightly before slipping her hands under her shirt before straightening out as her fingers found their way under some of the bandages fiddling with them as she tightened them off flattening down her chest once again as she slowly pushed her feet into her boots before leaning down to tug them on properly taking a couple of tentative steps wiggling her toes to make sure they were on properly before edging out of the front door slowly closing the door behind her only to pause still dripping the handle as she heard quiet movements from within, listening as they settled once more. She would place her forehead against the door, releasing the handle to place her hand against its surface as she pulled away stepping away from the house.

She would slip her hands into her trouser pockets causing her jacket to ruffle up as it lent open having not bothered to zip it up as she wandered through the quiet sleeping streets taking her time as she passed through the barren market place pausing as she looked around trying to make up her mind as to where she would go before looking up at the dark sky bags still evident under her eyes only giving proof to the lack of sleep she had throughout the night itself. Her right leg would lift from the ground a touch only to rub the top of her foot against the back of her left calf wincing slightly, still being sore from the training. She would give a soft calm sigh before turning on her heels as she headed for the sight seeing cliff as she figured, since she were already awake so early she might as well watch the sunrise with a good view of both the village that had taken her in along with the suns raise.

Reaching the top of the sight seeing cliff she would step to the cliffs edge before settling her rump down against the ground drawing her knees up against the flat of her chest before wrapping her right hand around her shins to grip at her calf as her other hand wrapped around before gripping at her right knee with her left hand only to rest her chin down against her knees pressing her cheek to her wrist as she waited. Her hand would grip at her calf a little harder causing the fabric of her trousers to crease as her sleepless gaze shifted over the village before allowing her head to tilt a touch to one side drawing her cheek away from her wrist keeping her chin against her knees. Waiting for the sun to come she would watch the briefly close her eyes before releasing her grip on her own calf placing her hand against the ground only to lean back against it shifting her others arm to rest it against her knee. Her free leg would stretch out  before allowing it to bend, hanging it off of the edge of the cliff. Her head would tilt again causing her pastel violet hair to fan out away from her face before fluttering in the light breeze. Hey miss matched hues would close as she inhaled the scents carried on the breeze. A soft smile would slowly crawl along her lips as she slowly reopened her miss matched orbs to watch the sun come up, spreading light along the village washing away the dreams that came with the night allowing them peel from her thoughts as the subtle warmth of the sun spread in the air. She knew that pretty soon the village itself would be buzzing with life, breaking the calm that had come with the night and would take the time to appreciate both the calm of now with the intent to enjoy the commotion of daily activities.

(Word count: 753)

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
Hmmmm.....

Raishi tossed and turned in bed, unable to find any comfort amidst the unbearable heat he had to deal with. Of course, this wasn't the first time he felt uncomortable in bed, as he had frequently gone days without enjoying a proper night's rest in his previous domicile, and by now, he was already fully aware that the heat he experienced was characteristic of the Earth Country. However, this, his new residence in the Kanetsu clan compound which was in fact, the inner chambers of a volcano (an active one at that) was undoubtedly pushing it. Where before he could at least manage some shut eye for a few moments at a time, here he could barely close his eyes for a second, without feeling the haunting trickling of sweat snake down his body in all sorts of manners. I really didn't sign up for this...damn it Satoshi.. he thought, frustrated as he sat up on his bed. There on the bed, a gaping mass of wetness faced him, left by his bare back. As a Kanetsu, he was supposed to be unbothered by the heat, like a lot of his fellow clansmen, yet for some reason he was yet to discover, the heat plagued him. It's no wonder they think me an outsider... he thinks to himself as he stands up and stretches. Despite being recently appointed the head of the clan by Satoshi, the previous head, he was not fully accepted by the others, although not just because of his awareness of the heat, but rather something to do with his past.

As his mind delved deep in thought, Raishi subconsciously dressed up, planning to go for a walk. He wore a plain black sleeveless T-shirt, with his usual black traditional shinobi pants and black sandals. Since it was still early in the morning, he did not bother putting on his village headband. Still deep in thought, he walked through the chambers of the volcano, slightly surprised by how no matter how silent the actual people were, the earth was always still at work. From the constant bubbling and convection flow of the lava in between the walls, to even the churning of the magama in the very heart of the volcano. All could be heard clearly as Raishi walked through the compound. Eventually, he found himself greeted by darkness, a cool breeze sweeping across his face. He would automatically wipe the sweat off his forehead, before continuing to walk aimlessly, deep in thought. What can I do to prove my self to them...there's that issue with Kazu but where do I start? he kept thinking, distraught by the situation at hand. How was he to deal with the issue? He had never been in this type of leadership role before, so he had no idea what he was doing, and was scared to make any wrong moves. In effect, the fate of the entire clan rested on his hands, as if the people of the village riotted against them as a result of the actions of one of their own, they would be cast out. Why did you have to leave now Satoshi... he thought to himself angrily.

In time, Raishi found himself at the foot of the Sightseeing Cliff, one of the village's most visited tourist locations. As he walked up to the edge of the cliff, he could feel a cool calm wind blowing across his face, as if soothing him and his early morning worries. I have to figure this out, he thinks to himself reassuringly, Satoshi wouldn't place me in this position if he didn't believe I was up for it, so I mustn't give up. As he reached the top of the cliff, blades of sunlight cut seamlessly through the darkened skies, signifying the rising sun; a new day. There at the cliff, seated at the very edge and looking towards the vista that is the village, was a small figure. Since the person's back was to Raishi, he couldn't tell who it was, just their stature and pastle lilac hair. He would then walk towards the figure as he began talking.

"It's beautiful isn't it....it emanates a certain serenity that causes one to be at peace. I remember I used to come here all the time when I was a Genin. Those were simpler times..."

His voice would trail as he spoke with a smile, remembering his younger days. By the time he'd finished speaking, he would then be right next to the figure on the edge of the cliff, but he will be standing, not looking at the person but onwards at the village below.

TWC: 794

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
Her missed matched orbs would wash over the village and skyline though her pastel lilac bangs as the sun's rays illuminated all that its light touched, even giving her pale complexion a touch of colour as she basked in the welcomed warmth. Her toes would spread feeling the breeze through them as she drew small circles in the air with her barefoot keeping it dangled off of the edge of the cliff. She would jump a little at the unexpected noise behind her, feeling her stomach do a small flip in the process quite like the feeling that concocted in the pit of your stomach when you're falling from a height, in the process causing her mind to flutter through multiple questions in a quick succession 'When did … How?.. Was I so far within my own thoughts that I didn’t notice...?' She would keep her miss matched hues set on the horizon almost hoping he wouldn't notice that he had in-fact made her jump, as she listened to the male as he spoke, listening not only to his words but his tone, the way in which each word were formed right down to the structure of his sentence gleaming any and all information his few words could give, noting as his words faded seeming to indicate that he had trailed into his own thoughts by the time he had reached beside her. She would lightly sway her barefoot bouncing it every now and again as her head dipped a touch to the side away from the side he stood causing her somewhat messy pastel strands to slowly graze along her face before fanning out exposing her piercing yellow hue before nodding lightly as she agreed with him "It is beautiful... and its warmth is welcomed." She would pause as she inhaled deeply as the male came to a halt, filling her lungs with the new scents he had brought with him before continuing to speak as she mulled over scents unfamiliar to her "it sounds as though your simpler times are distant but pleasurable memories..." She would chance taking a quick glance at the male beside her, tilting her head back just a touch enough to raise her chin slightly, causing the hair to expose her somewhat high cheekbone further exposing the yellow orb before returning her orbs to the village as she edged her bare foot under her other legs thigh as though to hide it from view as her other foot toes curled before pointing her foot down stopping her legs movement, through the odd gesture were useless as she were sure he must have seen her boots somewhere behind her as she continued to speak "I find the rising sun a good way to calm a raging storm that dwells within all living creatures." her voice held a dull yet somewhat soothing tone gripping tightly to her light accent. She would continue to ponder on the scents he had brought that she didn't recognize along with the image of him that she caught in her glimpse, he himself a being she didn't recognize but he had mentioned 'When he were a genin.. but there were so many people she still didn't know.. were it so obvious that she were a genin?' A smile would scrawl along her lips brightening her features almost eradicating the lines under her eyes from the lack of sleep, it wasn't often that people depicted her to be young only ever older than her age, usually. She would fidget slightly having not expected to see anyone so early in the morning, and being quite sure she looked a state, bare footed the leather straps around her black baggy trousers loose with her headband tacked in its usual place against her chest on her dull olive green t-shirt, though small holes from where the headband had been removed and reattached allowed little sight to the bandaged that bound her tightly. Visible only as her jacket lay sprawled open giving a young somewhat masculine appearance in her boys hand-me-down cloths. She would bite down on her bottom lip as she continued her pondering. Her arm would fall from her knee grazing along her thigh until her hand reached her lap slowly lowering her knee down off to one side keeping her knee bent as to leave her foot under her thigh as she tilted her head back allowing her hair to overshadow her striking orb once more.

(Word count:743)

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
"It is beautiful... and its warmth is welcomed."

Raishi couldn't help but smile as she said this. Yes, the village did indeed look especially beautiful from the viewpoint of the cliff, its beauty significantly heightened by both the shimmering sunrise and the uncharacterstic silence. But its warmth was a questionable thing for Raishi. Being as he was, and still is, prone to sweating a lot in his small and stuffy apartment when he was younger, he always came out here for the cool breezes that soothed his torment of heat when he was younger, during his Genin days, as opposed to its warmth. In fact, he was here once more, partially for that same reason, as it doesn't get any warmer than living in a volcano. He would chuckle a bit, catching a quick glimpse at the person sitting next to him before looking back out at the village. She had a very soft face and features, with an even softer voice, and the most curious set of mismatched eyes Raishi had ever seen, one of a deep, almost bloodlike red, and the other a fiery yellow. She looks young, maybe about 13? he thought to himself, trying to guess her age after just a quick glance. It was hard to tell just how old she was, as despite her soft facial feautures, she had a strong set of shoulders, a thin yet lean build, and she seemed to be around teh height of the average pre-teen. New faces are always exciting.. he thought to himself. It was always great meeting someone new, and he hadn't done so in a long time.

"It sounds as though your simpler times are distant but pleasurable memories.."

Letting out a sigh, Raishi finally made to sit down next to the girl with mismatched eyes. He lowered himself slowly, almost lazily, before suddenly letting himself drop to the ground with a loud thump. He let his legs loose to dangle rather carelessly over the very edge of the cliff, as he himself leaned backwards to lay his back on the rocky ground, cupping his hands behind his head as a pillow. He closed his eyes. As he did, memories past of adventures, or rather misadventures, in his youth with old friends, and past missions, experiences in the Land of Wolves amongst a lot of other things flashed through his mind. A smile came across his face as he remembered these things. It wasn't as if those times were more pleasurable. They were definitely wackier, yes, but he wouldn't go as far to say that they were pleasurable compared to now. His life then, and his life now was pretty much the same in terms of pleasure. The only difference was those were simpler times, where he had no actual responsiblity, barring his shinobi duties of course, and when issues were never a complication. It was a few moments before Raishi realised that the had been reflecting in his head, and the girl began speaking again.

"I find the rising sun a good way to calm a raging storm that dwells within all living creatures"

Interesting... he thought to himself. He would then slowly sit up to look down at the village. The day was getting noticeably brighter now, and Raishi could already tell that life down there was already beginning. He could hear the stirrings of the villagers, all coming to life with their everyday businesses, whether it be to man the stalls in the Market Place, or shinobi going about their duties for the day.

"Hmmm...indeed. We all have our struggles, especially due to the life we have to lead. But you seem a bit too young to have your heart troubled by a raging storm as you say, unlike me. Tell me what worries you?"

TWC: 1434

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
She would continue to keep her miss matched orbs on the village as she traced over the glimpse she had taken of the male in her minds eye, from his ash coloured hair to his muscular arms but something more.. his eyes maybe, or more so the stories they could tell. As the male sighed her eyes would flicker over to watch his movements as he lowered slowly. She would lean against her supporting arm twisting her upper frame to face him only to push against it shifting her rump over to give the male space in time for him to suddenly drop, her head would snap up slightly causing her hair graze away from her face briefly revealing her miss matched hues again catching a glimpse of something hidden by his ash coloured bangs. Her curiosity had been peaked. Once realising she had somewhat frozen in place she would quickly return to her previous position placing her foot back under her opposite thigh turning her face back to the village catching his movements out of the corner of her eye as his legs dangled over the edge. 

The corner of her lips would tug up into a smile allowing her dangling leg to relax a touch swaying her bare foot once more. ‘odd, he seems so relax yet to be holding a weight..’ her thought would trail off as she hunched forwards a tad drawing her chest to her thigh before pressing against it slowly drawing her hands over the fabric of her trousers pressing her fingertips into the muscle, she were less than what she would call presentable this morning but she hadn’t expected to see anyone about. She would bite down on her bottom lip just hard enough to cause the soft pink flesh to discolour with the action. She would remember for the next time she decided to wonder about to early, it simply hadn’t occurred to her that others would also be awake too. Her hand would raise up stretching her fingers out to brush her fair from he face only for some of it to fall back into place overshadowing some of her features including her intense blood coloured orb. A habit she had gained becoming used to looking though her pastel lilac bangs finding that her miss matched hues regardless of which or both seemed to un-nearve some she often kept her left from view.

Her miss matched eyes would slowly focus before starting among the small movements within the village as it slow began to come to life. Her head would tilt slightly towards him peeling from the village, shifting her gaze to him as he began to sit up. She would listen to him as he spoke thinking on his words before grazing her tongue against her lips coating her lips before they later to speak “ I can’t really say I have any worries no more than the usual worries people carry I guess.” She would give a light shrug “But memories I have plenty of and all flood back into the forefront of my mind in the night. Nothing more nothing less.” Her light accent would clip at each word her full voice gave. Her head would turn a little more to face him allowing her miss matched hues to peer up at him as she continued “ something weighs heavy your mind..?” her voice though dull held a soothing tone wrapping around her spoken word like a blanket. Her head would tilt a touch to one side trying to keep her expression as neutral as possible as she took in the sight of the male before her not wanting to pry yet simply curious. It wasn’t often that someone would speak at random to her and something about the make seemed calming yet at the same time not.  Her foot would shift closer to her rump remaining under her thigh as she thread her trousers fabric through her fingers wrapping it around them before releasing it only to tug her sleeves down over her hands a little more covering the usually cold flesh. Her fingers would fold over the cuffs of the sleeves before placing her hands together softly rubbing the backs of her fingers together slowly warming them, she hadn’t always ran such a cold core temperature yet she had slowly gotten used to it, welcoming the warmth of the friction she caused between her fingers offering a soft smile almost absentmindedly.

(Word count: 745)

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
"I can’t really say I have any worries no more than the usual worries people carry I guess.But memories I have plenty of and all flood back into the forefront of my mind in the night. Nothing more nothing less."

With a slow nod, Raishi continued to fix his gaze down at the village, the sun now risen. It was true that there was something particular about the night, its serenity and almost unnerving silence, that brought to life past memories; those cherished, those somewhat unimportant everyday interactions, and even those long forgotten. Raishi couldn't even count the amount of times that he didn't sleep not just because he was deep in thought, but also because he was actually reminiscing about his past. Funny....even when I didn't actively know much about my past, it still stuck with me... he thought to himself. It was interesting really, the undisputable fact that all of mankind, whether shinobi, civilian or whatever, for all their difference and conflicts, they are all slaves to the same master: the past. And the past is an unchangeable, eternal thing - the power that determines the path on which each man is to take. Whether they are aware of their pasts or not, the eternal compass is always at play, snaking the path for every man.

His gaze still on the village, Raishi stretches his arms, loud sharp cracks sounding with each stretch. With each crack, a wave of indescribable pleasure gripped Raishi, as they signified tension, whether physical or mental, escaping his body. He was a result of his past, even though he had no idea. In his younger days, he was often plageud with nightmares of destruction and death, and it was always the same faces he saw. It was actually only recently that he realised that they weren't just nightmares, but excerpts from his forgotten childhood.

"something weighs heavy your mind..?"

Raishi noticed through the corner of his eyes that the girl was looking at him as she asked him this question. He didn't really notice before, but there was more to her voice than just its softness. She spoke with a subtle, almost undetectable accent, as soft and light as her actual speech.

"Not particularly...it's just that there has been a lot on my plate recently, being the head of the Kanetsu clan. And for such a simple job description, you'll be surprised how political things get because of the clan part it played in the history of Iwagakure no Sato itself. And Politics has never been my forte..."

He chuckled lightly before continuing.

"You seem quite young, so I won't bore you with all those details about the village and politics. So, tell me about yourself... Your name? Specialisations? And why do you want to be a shinobi? I noticed the bandages, and I assume you got an injury or something during training? You don't seem to be too hurt though..."

TWC: 1934

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
Her miss matched orbs would run the length of the males arms as he lifted them instinctively leaning back a touch out of the way flickering her gaze from near his hands to his shoulders as the bones clicked loudly drawing her attention for the moment before returning her gaze as he began speaking again. She would nod lightly pondering for a moment on his words 'the Kanetsu clan...’ she would rummage through her mind seeking out the knowledge she had of the notable clans of the village. She had made it her goal to know of them when she had first awoke within the villages hospital. ‘he’s the clans head... Well that dose explain  a lot I guess.’ Her gaze would shift to her hands as the rested within her lap still slowly grazing the backs of her fingers against one another allowing her gaze to briefly return at the male chuckled. “sometimes it’s not speaking the contents of what bothers us that helps it simply could be as my father used to say ‘a problem shared is a problem halved..” pausing for a moment she would bite down on the soft pale pink flesh of her bottom lip turning her gaze quickly towards the village ‘think before you speak.’ She would slowly release her teeth’s grip on her lip allowing the flesh to regain its colour “my apologies that wasn’t my place to speak... The Kanetsu clan, you wield the lava style?” pausing momentarily she would link her fingers together allowing them to slip into her sleeves. she hadn’t had the honour of  meeting someone from his clan before and now she were sat beside their leader... She had spoken out of term. ‘ what a way to stick your foot in your own mouth’ she would silently scold herself ‘first I look a mess then I speak out of term.. well this is a good way to make a bad first impression.’ She would place her hands still covered down against her ankle. ‘tell him about myself ...’ her mind would wonder over his questions rewetting her lips as she grazed her tongue against their surface before speaking “I am young Sir, but no younger than those that were sent to war during the great shinobi wars.” Pausing briefly she would straightening up a tad before continuing “ My name is Taeru... It means ‘to endure' I were named after my grandmother, of my father’s side.” Her gaze would return to the village whilst she continued “ I can’t say I am particularly good at anything but I enjoy wielding weapons there seems to be a kind of elegance to them when done right, something I previously took for granted, and the art of illusions. So bukijutsu and genjutsu are what I have trained in so far.” Her accent would linger a little heavier in her dull voice only to soften again. “ honestly, I want to be useful so I voiced this and the orphanage decided to send me to the academy here a year ago so here I am now.”  As he mentioned her bandages a soft dusty rose hue would illuminate along the bridge of her nose spreading ever so lightly along her cheeks. Her head would tilt forwards a touch allowing her pastel lilac strands to hide a pale blush from view as she spoke “ I have only small strains from training..I ...” she would pause biting down onto the insides of her cheeks before continuing “ I guess wearing them is a habit now, before I came here it were safer.. and I just continued I guess.”  The blush would fade almost as quickly as it had come draining the colour from her features as they returned to their pale state once more allowing the red and yellow face paint to stand out once more. “ There isn’t really anything interesting I could tell you honestly speaking.” She would glance at the male once more only to return her gaze to the village “ but what of yourself Sir?... Your name?... Was becoming a shinobi something you wanted to do? Were you raised to become the head of your clan?” her curiosity would grip her words leading them. She simply found him interesting and the clans of the village and their structure interested her. She would turn her hands in her lap to face her palms upwards keeping her fingers interlocked and both of her sleeves still covering her hands as she wondered the workings of a bloodline trait but it wasn’t just that but the training it must take to master it. The thought of the wonders caused a soft smile to grace her lips.

( Word count:786)

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
"Sometimes it’s not speaking the contents of what bothers us that helps it simply could be as my father used to say ‘a problem shared is a problem halved....my apologies that wasn’t my place to speak... The Kanetsu clan, you wield the lava style?"

Raishi merely nodded slowly in response to her question as he looked out towards the village. The sun had finally ascended to it's celestial throne, and Raishi could feel all previous whiffs of cool breeze begin to warm up, and the heat begin to intensify. Down below, the village was almost on full swing, vendors in the market now mostly set up, and the buzzing of the village now loud and proud. It was going to be a good day ahead.

I am young Sir, but no younger than those that were sent to war during the great shinobi wars.  My name is Taeru... It means ‘to endure' I were named after my grandmother, of my father’s side. I can’t say I am particularly good at anything but I enjoy wielding weapons there seems to be a kind of elegance to them when done right, something I previously took for granted, and the art of illusions. So bukijutsu and genjutsu are what I have trained in so far.

That's a fair point... he thought as she made hte comment about children in shinobi wars. Raishi was never one for History, but he recalls learning about just how bad thigns were some time in the shinobi's world's distant past. He recalls not being able to imagine just how dark the days were for children back then, and even now that he's more experience, he still can't imagine it. He looked at her with keen, albeit lazy, eyes, listening to the girl as she continued on to describe herself. It was always interesting to see people describe themselves, because by doing so, it unconsciously revealed how the person in question truly felt about themselves. It's interesting that she started out with the meaning of her name...does it signify something? What perils has she had to endure? His thoughts drifted as he continued listening to her speak in her light accent.

"Honestly, I want to be useful so I voiced this and the orphanage decided to send me to the academy here a year ago so here I am now."

Ahhh I see he thought. He admired that she wanted to be useful and not just waste away in an orphanage; despite her background, whatever it was, she still wanted to make a change to the ebst of her ability. That shows true character...she really has endured so much so early in life...

"I have only small strains from training..I ... I guess wearing them is a habit now, before I came here it were safer.. and I just continued I guess...There isn’t really anything interesting I could tell you honestly speaking...but what of yourself Sir?... Your name?... Was becoming a shinobi something you wanted to do? Were you raised to become the head of your clan?"

Raishi released a small sigh before continuing.

" It's sad...I can actually relate to you being an orphan. You see, I'm one too...at least I know my mother is dead, but I have no idea of my father. The only reason I know my mother is dead is because, from reports from the day I was brought to the village -yes, I wasn't born in Iwagakure - I was found in her dead arms near the village border, and she was recognized as a Kanetsu. But I still don't know the circumstances of her death or where my father is. Because of that, I've grew up mostly on my own really. So no, I wasn't raised to become the head of the clan. That just sort of...happened. And to be honest, for people like me, with a powerful kekkei genkai coursing through my veins, not being a shinobi isn't an option. Legen has it, that the Land of Earth used to be as lustrous and green as the Land of Fire, but all that was destroyed due to the Kanetsu Lava Release. So yes, no other option but to be a shinobi. I sometimes wonder if this is the life I want though...."

TWC: 2670

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
Her foot would sway only to make small circles off of the edge of the cliff as she slowly became more comfortable with the males company even without knowing his name she were sure that she would eventually find out.  Names as much as faces interested her, pondering as she watched the busy streets below them. As she listened to him speak her miss matched orbs would flicker back to him shifting her gaze as he spoke allowing her lips to part slightly "I am sorry to hear of your loss..." There were only sincerity that coated her words even with her dull yet soothing tone, truly feeling what she spoke. ' the only reason.. So he doesn't know what happened?.. Could the mark hidden by his hair be the cause of him not knowing..?' Her thought's would pause her voice as she trod carefully in her words continuing to speak "I can't imagine how hard it must have and must still be to not know what happened... though I can say from experience though I have little of that.. Sometimes remembering just causes more … pain... it leaves behind a sense of longing." Her gaze would return to the village taking in the mass of noise and people and the fresh sent's slowly pushing her hands free of her sleeves placing her hands against her ankle once more as she continued "sometimes I don't know if remembering would be a good thing or not." Her head would tilt back a touch inclining towards the sun allowing her miss matched orbs to close as the sun's rays warmed her forever cool flesh. She would remain for a moment still and quiet as she inhaled the scents slowly picking through each trying to remember his scent before allowing a soft smile to grace her lips picking it out as she gripped her ankle before speaking keeping her stance "the actions of our ancestors shouldn’t depict as to how people view us now, even our pasts shouldn’t effect the way people view us as people, as a nation, as shanobi. I can imagine the envy of those that fear the power of your kekkei genkai, though usually people fear that which they either do not understand or what they know they can never have." She would pause "I have yet to see many things and the kekkei genkai's and Tota of this land and that of others, but I look forwards to seeing them, and the individuals that have mastered such a power." Her eyes would slowly open as she shifted slightly only to slowly draw her foot from under her thigh slightly as pins and needles started to set in. Her hands would shift to cover over her foot placing her fingertips down against the slowly heating rock beneath them. "do you remember your home from before here?" She would glance at him before returning her eyes to the village "I remember the scent of the poisonous flowers that surrounded the village I spent most of my time within my brother had once picked them and needed medical attention.." Pausing to stifle a chuckle at her memories she would nip the inside of her bottom lip, "but my family traveled often." Her hands would slowly shift up along her trouser leg slowly tightening the straps one by one "I don’t know of any other way I could be useful, When I woke in the hospital here I felt lucky that a place would take me in, even when they found out where I had come from... so a shanobi life works well for me." She would pause slowly tugging at one of the stiffer buckles on the straps before continuing "when you wonder what you might have been, do you mind if I ask were that thought trail takes you?"  She would glance over at him as she asked only to return her gaze to the buckle pinching the metal between her left hands finger and thumb before gripping the strap in her right hand pressing her thumb into it as she slowly eased the strap through the loop in an attempt to slowly make herself more presentable as the activity around the village rose. "Maybe someday you'll be able to make them a reality? Even with the kekkei genkai you poses you have the right to lead your own life too." She would finish pulling the strap through the buckle as she spoke tilting her head a touch to look up at him once again.

(Word count: 755)

10Waiting on the sun. [Raishi/Private.] Empty Re: Waiting on the sun. [Raishi/Private.] Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:26 am

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
"I can't imagine how hard it must have and must still be to not know what happened... though I can say from experience though I have little of that.. Sometimes remembering just causes more … pain... it leaves behind a sense of longing...sometimes I don't know if remembering would be a good thing or not."

As she said this, Raishi nodded gravely. It was true that not remembering details of his childhood had been hard for him, but he couldn't possibly imagine what it could've felt like if he did remember, and then would subsequently have to struggle with the daily agony of that loss because of the memories. So nobody wins... he thought to himself sadly. Whether one remembered or not, they were always in the disadvantage. But which would be the least disadvantageous? To constantly mourn a life lost, or to mourn the absence of one? He had no idea.

"The actions of our ancestors shouldn’t depict as to how people view us now, even our pasts shouldn’t effect the way people view us as people, as a nation, as shanobi. I can imagine the envy of those that fear the power of your kekkei genkai, though usually people fear that which they either do not understand or what they know they can never have. I have yet to see many things and the kekkei genkai's and Tota of this land and that of others, but I look forwards to seeing them, and the individuals that have mastered such a power."

Raishi merely nodded in agreement as  he listened on to the young girl.

"Do you remember your home from before here? I remember the scent of the poisonous flowers that surrounded the village I spent most of my time within my brother had once picked them and needed medical attention...but my family traveled often...

Eyes still on the village below, he thought as hard as he could, his mind clawing for any shred, any morsel of remembrance he could manage. But excluding the episodes of nightmares, which he had had in his youth, which only contained vague information about a battle fought, Raishi could not remember a single thing. He shook his head sadly to answer Taeru's question

"I don’t know of any other way I could be useful, When I woke in the hospital here I felt lucky that a place would take me in, even when they found out where I had come from... so a shanobi life works well for me. When you wonder what you might have been, do you mind if I ask were that thought trail takes you? Maybe someday you'll be able to make them a reality? Even with the kekkei genkai you poses you have the right to lead your own life too."

Smiling as she spoke, Raishi shot a quick glance at Taeru, a childish innocence emanating from her soft words. It was refreshing to hear about how, despite all she had been through, she was ultimately grateful for the new home she had found, even enough to join its shinobi forces. We need more people like her... he thought to himself. Sad smile still on his face, but now looking at the village again, Raishi sighed before speaking again.

"It's funny because, although I've sometimes questioned why I am a shinobi, I've never actually thought of any alternative to being one...perhaps that's just how I've been conditioned. But you are right, everyone should have the right to lead the path of their own lives. However, this isn't always right in the reality"

His voice would trail off a bit before he quickly stands up to stretch. Still standing, he would speak again.

"Do you mind me asking what your aspirations as a shinobi are?"

TWC: 3314

11Waiting on the sun. [Raishi/Private.] Empty Re: Waiting on the sun. [Raishi/Private.] Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:11 pm

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
After having tightened the straps of one leg her frame would shift leaning down to press the flat of her tightly bound chest down against her knees allowing her fingers to quickly tighten off the straps before leaning up once more her odd flexibility showing in the fluidity of her movements. As she withdrew her leg from the edge of the cliff slipping her bare foot under her other leg, only to shift into a kneeling position resting her rump atop both feet allowing her to continue tightening the strap's. Though her attention would remain firmly on the male an odd thought passed through her mind causing her to nip down on the inside of her bottom lip ' we have been speaking since the sunrise yet I do not know much more than when he first stood beside me.. Yet I have been so loose with my words..' She would mentally shake herself away from the thoughts to catch his saddened expression, causing her pale pink lips to part a tad forming a small 'o' shape only for her to bite down against the soft flesh, tugging it in slightly letting its colour drain from the trapped area. She would release her bottom lip as he spoke. She would lightly nod her head "there are many things that aren't right with this reality but every step we take we are calving our fates path." Her words would leave her in a quieter trail than she had previously spoken with, almost as though she had spoke them to herself, as though trying to convince herself of those words briefly. 'I hope I have not offended him..'

she would shift as he stood causing her frame to tilt back, slipping her fingertips underneath a strap on her thigh leaning her head back enough to look up at him having not expected the quick movement  before drawing her gaze back down allowing her gaze to blindly shift along the surface of the ground in-front of her knees. Her hair would shift forwards overshadowing her miss matched hues pausing In place to contemplate his question. She would take a short moment before inhaling deeply through her nose slowly filling her lungs with the mix of scents that surrounded them before relaxing her frame to speak "I know I am a far cry from being truly useful so I want to reach a position where people feel that they can rely on me, wherever that leads me too.. When people feel they can rely on me then I will be truly useful. I do not wish to fade into nothing, I will become what is needed of me." The focus in her gaze as she watched the floor would slowly sharpen off as her previous thought trail seeped back into her mind causing her hands to shift to the ground, placing her palms down leaning against the to push up unfolding her legs straightening up to her full height of five foot five only to turn to face him before inclining her upper half down once more training her form into a bow "I apologies if any of my words have upset you, or have brought painful memories or thoughts, Sir." Her accent would cling a little heavier to her words this time around. Her hands would rest with her fingers interlocked pressing her palms together, against her knees keeping her back straight as her head tilted down further allowing the length of her pastel lilac hair to flow down over her shoulders casting her out of sight features further into darkness. Her posture being ruined only as her bare feet fidgeted grazing against one another before resting ever so slightly atop one another as they became still almost immediately eliminating her fidget.

Remaining in the bowed position her brow would crease as she saw the distance between her boots finding one directly behind her within an arms reach as her other rested a few meters away having shed them both on the way to the cliffs edge absentmindedly. 'what must he think of me?' The thought itself would hold a twist of embarrassment and slight bewilderment giving her a light giddy feeling like a cramp within her stomach. She would squeeze her eyes shut silently cursing herself for her many mistakes of the morning, before forcing her features to soften returning to her usual neutral expression.

(Word count: 732.)

12Waiting on the sun. [Raishi/Private.] Empty Re: Waiting on the sun. [Raishi/Private.] Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:36 pm

Raishi Kanetsu

Raishi Kanetsu

A-rank
"I know I am a far cry from being truly useful so I want to reach a position where people feel that they can rely on me, wherever that leads me too.. When people feel they can rely on me then I will be truly useful. I do not wish to fade into nothing, I will become what is needed of me.....I apologies if any of my words have upset you, or have brought painful memories or thoughts, Sir."

The girl continued on with her soft voice, her passion about her goal in life seemingly increasing the intensity of her subtle accent. He smiled lightly before he replied her.

"You apologise too much. It shows you're compassionate, which is admirable in it's own right, but you must understand that sometimes, compassion isn't what people need. Not all your comrades will rely on you for your compassion, especially in the reality we are faced with. Remember that."

He turned around to go, his back to Taeru as he walked away slowly from the cliff and spoke back lazily.

"I understand and appreciate your goal though, as I myself have had battles with fears of becoming nothing in the past. I wish you luck in this goal, and hope to see you around. Call me Raishi by the way."

Expecting her to be looking at him as he walked away, he turned round slowly to flash a quick smile, before using the Body Flicker Technique to vanish out of sight.

TWC: 3566

EXIT

Speed B-1 to B-3 1700/1700
Perception B-1 to B-3 1700/1700
Discarded: 166

13Waiting on the sun. [Raishi/Private.] Empty Re: Waiting on the sun. [Raishi/Private.] Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:56 am

Taeru

Taeru

D-rank
'I apologize too much?' Still remaining in her bow, her head would tilt a touch to one side as her brow creased slightly only to relax once more allowing his words to sink in fully. As clarity washed over her, her brow would smoothed deepening the bow a touch more, showing an odd sort of flexibility only to slowly raise as she watched him turn away having noted the position of his feet. She would slowly rise from her bow biting down lightly on the soft pale pink flesh of her bottom lip discolouring it slightly, allowing the left side to peel from her teeth's grasp almost immediately as she bit back an apology, then a light chuckle raising her left hand to her lips to stifle it still gripping her sleeve. A subtle dusty pink hue would raise along the bridge of her nose lightly dusting along the pale flesh of her cheekbones as he walked away only for it to fade as quickly as it came. Her thumbs would graze along the soft inside of her sleeves, keeping her fingers clasped down against her palms trapping the fabric of the jacket in place only to quickly release the sleeves themselves as the male turned slowly, watching the quick smile spread along his lips. Such an unexpected gesture would cause the rest of her lip to peel from her teeth's grasp before parting into a little 'o' shape only slightly showing her shock as her left hand lowered a touch. Regaining her composure just in time her features would mimic his, returning the smile only to watch his, for lack of a better term, disappear in front of her eyes. Her miss matched hues would dip back down returning to the ground as she turned on her heels returning to her space at the edge of the cliff, pausing for a moment as she looked down at a pebble, giving it a light nudge before watching it fall from the cliff tumbling against the jagged rocks on its way down. Her hand left hand would dip into her trouser pocket causing her jacket to ruffle as he right hand raise to scrub the bottom of her thumb graze over her hidden stone head band as she raised her head casting her miss matched hues gaze along the village once again, muttering to herself as she did "Kanetsu... Raishi...hn."  

Waiting for a moment as she watched over the village she would inhale deeply, drawing the scents the area had to offer in to fill her lungs as her eyes closed. As she mulled over the scents her lips would part slightly, just enough to graze her tongue along her bottom lip as a pleased hum rose in her throat. She would twist on her heels in sink with her smile as it crawled along her lips starting her track back to the village only dipping down to grasp at her boots on the way.

(Word count: 494)
(Total word count: 5008)

[Exit thread.]

(Training Katon Element from D to B: 3500/3500)

(Training Strength from D2 to D3: 450/450)
(Training Perception from D2 to D3: 450/450)
(Training Speed from D2 to D3: 450/450)

(Word count left: 158 )

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.