You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Question! Empty Question! Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:47 am

Shippo

Shippo

D-rank
I'm sorry if this is a silly question, but what exactly is a plot thread? I can't seem to find any real description of what it is, and how it's different from socials or missions.

Also say I had a weapon, or a puppet I wanted to Rank up. E.G. E to D, how would I go about doing that?

2Question! Empty Re: Question! Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:01 am

Robin Mitarashi

Robin Mitarashi

D-rank
A thread that contributes to your character's plot

3Question! Empty Re: Question! Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:09 am

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Some people are very plot drive. So they make plot threads for when people read them. As for items you do not rank them up. You would have to buy a new item of the desired rank and make sure to double check the item guidelines as to what rank you can use

4Question! Empty Re: Question! Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Kashizudoto

Kashizudoto

S-rank
Plot threads usually pertain to a personal plot of one character or between characters that is especially important; other than the fact that you can generally use SS-rank jutsu and items in those threads, they serve no other technical purpose other than informing the reader.

There is a way to rank up your items, for a ryo cost of course, as long as the original version is B-rank or above. It is known as enchantment: read the Item Guidelines for more information. Remember that you may only enchant each item once, so choose wisely. I'm not quite sure about Kugutsu puppets, check the Specialization Guidelines.

5Question! Empty Re: Question! Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:07 pm

Ryo Knetegawa

Ryo Knetegawa

D-rank
As a Puppet Master I can't find anything where changing the rank of Puppets would be. However, I would like it noted that it seems Puppets are very limited by rank. It doesn't make sense that there isn't a way to rank them up without having to reapply for the item as a whole.

My Puppet is D rank. As such it can have 2 modification and no more than 5 limbs. Yet, there is no way for me to upgrade the rank of my puppet. So in essence I would have to make the same puppet over again but at a better rank. This seems a high penalty for Puppeteers, as well as Weapon masters if they have to constantly buy new ranking items without even a discount if they just say want to make one of their existing weapons better.

Also this may just be me but I can't find the cut off for what Rank items I can use. I'm guessing I can't use B rank items but that's just a guess.

6Question! Empty Re: Question! Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:24 pm

Kashizudoto

Kashizudoto

S-rank
Ryo Knetegawa wrote:This seems a high penalty for... Weapon masters if they have to constantly buy new ranking items without even a discount if they just say want to make one of their existing weapons better.
That's not entirely true, fortunately; at B-rank and above, you can enchant your weapon to a higher rank for a lower cost.
Ryo Knetegawa wrote:Also this may just be me but I can't find the cut off for what Rank items I can use. I'm guessing I can't use B rank items but that's just a guess.
You can use items that are your rank + 1. So genin can use up to C-rank items.

7Question! Empty Re: Question! Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:36 pm

Ryo Knetegawa

Ryo Knetegawa

D-rank
But when it comes to Puppets you can't actually rank them up. You'd have to buy a whole new puppet at a new rank which is obscenely expensive. It's a high penalty for Puppetry. Not to mention weapon masters have to constantly rebuy equipment. There isn't a discount or like a trade-in system where I could trade in my old puppet to get a discount on a new one.

8Question! Empty Re: Question! Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:16 pm

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
You can sell weapons/puppets/items back for a certain percent I think. Item guidelines has that answer

9Question! Empty Re: Question! Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:28 am

Aomine

Aomine

D-rank
Ok.. So I once had the puppetry spec at SS rank and had bout 5-6 puppets...

You can't reeally rank up puppets.. Unlike other items, you can't enchant them..
It's in the puppetry guidelines that besides the set amount of mods and limbs a puppet can have, the owner can apply seperately for another mod on the puppet and pay for it fully like an item.

That's to the best of my knowledge.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.