You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

The harsh suna sun hung high in the sky. It was mid-day, and boy was it hot. Trilby was sitting in the shade of the arena's seating area, staring down at the empty pit. Men fought here for honour, they bled and died here, all in the name of proving themselves. It was a place he often came after that day. This was the place he met his first true friends, after all. Adjusting his dusty old Trilby for which he was called, Trilby stood up with a sigh. He wished something interesting would happen for once, to break the monotony of this day.

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
Rikuto was walking through the arena to get to his destination. He wasn't in a rush and didn't have plans to do anything. He merely wanted to get there so he'd have more time to spend on himself. As he walked, he noticed another in the arena. Though it was mid-day, one thing he didn't really want at the moment was an interruption. The guy looked older than him and a bit on the bored side. Rikuto snapped his gaze back to the ground in front of him and hoped he wouldn't be a bother to whatever the man was doing. It seemed kind of odd to take a shortcut through there. Especially with someone inside. One problem that Rikuto had and couldn't triumph was his shyness. No matter where he went, he would try to avoid others and keep his head down. It was a nasty habit, but impossible to cure from Rikuto's perspective.

Trilby saw a young man walking into the arena. He didn't look like he intended to be there, he was most likely simply using it as a shortcut, Trilby assumed. Still, perhaps this was exactly the kind of entertainment he needed. Forming the tiger seal, Trilby muttered "Shunshin no Jutsu" appearing behind the man and placing his hand on his shoulder. "Hello stranger" Trilby said flatly, no emotion in his voice. Perhaps this young man would be the entertainment Trilby was seeking.

chakra: 110/120
Spoiler:

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
Rikuto jumped slightly when the man touched his shoulder. The quick situation confused him a bit. First second, the man was in one place and no where near Rikuto. Next second, he's directly behind him and greeting him. As much as it boggled his mind, he shook it off and looked behind him. "Um... Hi..." His voice was stressed to sound calm, and it was obvious. He was still a little shaken from the sudden encounter.

Trilby took his hand off the boy's shoulder when he jumped, repressing a slight smile that threatened to break out over his face as he walked around to the boy's front. He was wearing a short sleeved grey jacket, brown pants and a white scarf. What an interesting outfit for someone in the desert. "What's a kid like you doing in a place like this? After all, this is an arena..." Trilby intentionally made his voice sound full of malice with his last words, testing the boy to see how he would react. It was clear he had a rather... shy disposition, after all.

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
His eyes drifted towards the exit behind Trilby for only a brief moment. He wanted to leave, but that wouldn't be the case so long as this man was going to block him. "I... I was just cutting through... I didn't mean to interrupt anything..." His voice was still being stressed to sound calm. As much as he tried, he wasn't being very convincing. Rikuto took a slight step back because of the slight tone the man put on the words. He had heard that tone before. It was the same one that Gin gave him during his rather painful and unwanted training.

Trilby stepped forward as the boy stepped back, keeping the distance between them equal. "Interrupt? Nonsense. I was just waiting for something to do..." Trilby crouched down slightly to make his face level to that of the boy he was addressing. "You're a shinobi, right? Shinobi must be strong to defend their homes, their freedom. To defend the things they love. Why don't I test your strength?" Trilby said, forcing as much blood thrist as he could into his voice. He, of course, wouldn't truly hurt the boy, but he wasn't going to let him know that.

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
"T... Test my..." A few stuttered words were all that was able to come out of his mouth. Rikuto's eyes widened as started to take multiple steps back now. Reaching into his side pouch to grab something, he seemed to break from his poor excuse for a "calm look" and turn it into a look of surprise. He didn't expect some random person to come over and fight him. Especially someone who looked a bit older than he was. His hand hit something in his pouch and he immediately recognized it. Pulling it out, he kept it concealed in his right hand. "Is he really going to try this?! I just wanted to cut through here! Please let this guy be kidding!" These thoughts echoed through his mind as he backed up. Rikuto wanted to be positive that this guy was only messing with him... or not...

Trilby saw the boy reach into one of his side pouches, grabbing something he couldn't see. Hmm, the boy had some fight in him apparently. As Rikuto did this, Trilby stepped backwards a few feet, and slammed his palms together. His heart was pounding with excitement. Entertainment at last! Trilby wasn't normally this sadistic, but still, he wouldn't truly hurt the boy, unless he turned out to be a powerhouse in disguise. Thrusting his hands towards the boy, he shot a pressured burst of air towards him. It wouldn't do much except knock him over if he didn't dodge it, which would admittedly be difficult at this range, but he wanted to open without going full throttle.

95/120
Spoiler:

Last edited by Trilby on Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
Rikuto looked up and say that the gale was being released and heading towards him. Without thinking, he brought his free hand up to his mouth, inhaled, then quickly exhaled. He was using a technique he had only recently learned with Gin. If he had tried practicing with it on his own, he would normally not be able to do it. But for this certain situation, he didn't think about it at all. It was just instinct. The two gusts of wind collided and negated each other. The back blast from the air caused him to slide back slightly. It also caused some sand to be picked up and make a small area of the arena hazy. As soon as he recovered, he brought the item he had taken out up to his mouth. It was an ocarina. All he did now was stare at Trilby and hope he would stop. If not, he'd have to do something.

Chakra: 70/80
Spoiler:

Trilby couldn't repress his small smirk as the boy shot a burst of wind to cancel out his own. He had some fire in him after all. Still, one instinct counter alone did not make a shinobi. Trilby felt the need to test him further. The boy raised an ocarina to his mouth. "An ocarina... why would he raise a musical instrument? He must use it for his techniques. Perhaps he uses sound ninjutsu, or genjutsu..." Trilby thought to himself, breathing deep. He released a strong stream of air into the sand at his feet, blanking the entire area in a large cloud that obscured both of their visions. Acting fast, Trilby formed a series of handseals. Snake, Ox, Ram. He spewed forth a large mound of stone that quickly formed into a perfect duplicate of himself. The duplicate charged through the dust storm at Rikuto, while the original stayed back, forming more handseals. Dog, Boar, Bird. Sharp stone spikes began to rise out from underneath Rikuto's feet as the clone lunged at him, fist raised. Trilby wondered what the boy would do.

Chakra: 60/120
Iwa bunshin - 15
Fūton: chuuryuu - 10
Doton: Doryuusou - 10

Spoiler:

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
Rikuto felt the earth beneath him move. So as a reaction, he jumped straight up to avoid them. He himself being able to use earth ninjutsu, gave him a immediate hint what the attack was. What he didn't expect was the clone coming for him. By the time he noticed the clone, it was too late. Feet already off the ground, he turned to see a fist heading straight at him. With no time to dodge it, he angled his body just right so the fist would only make contact with his shoulder. Rikuto was sent flying out of the dust cloud because of this. Dropping his ocarina in the process. The way he landed looked painful. It ended up with him a fair distance away with his ocarina on the ground next to the clone. Rikuto slowly got to a knee. "Ow... ... ..." The single punch got him good. Right away, he looks around. His eye fix over at the clone, who is right next to his instrument.

The clone grinned, sending the kid flying with his blow. seeing the ocarina at his feet, he kicked it, sliding it away from shiro. While he was doing this, the real Trilby, still hidden in the plume of dust, created a chakra chain, sending it flying towards his opponent. If he didn't manage to evade it, he would wrap his opponent up in it tightly, essentially ensuring he couldn't move. Still, he had no intention of going easy because he landed a blow. The clone charged at Kibuto as well, Trying to grab him and pin him in place.

chakra: 45/120
Spoiler:

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
Rikuto watched the clone kick his ocarina away and grin while doing so. His pained expression quickly turned into one of absolute anger. Looking up, he saw the chains come towards him and quickly got up to dodge them. It seemed like he was ignoring the pain in his shoulder. The chains came closer, but Rikuto jumped back and was able to get out of their reach. Reaching back into his pouch, he pulled out two Kunai and gripped each one tightly. In a sudden action, he rushed towards the clone with the intent of cutting it to pieces with his Kunai. He wasn't happy now. In fact, all calmness and fear seemed to just vanish.

The clone's smile melted away when Rikuto drew his kunai, realising he'd be targeting him. Before he began to charge him, the clone stepped back, reaching for the spikes trilby previously launched at Rikuto, snapping two of them off at the base to use as makeshift blades. He assumed a combat stance, ready to block the kunai with his own blades when shiro reached him. Meanwhile the real Trilby cancelled his chains, ducking down and grabbing a handful of sand before running over to join the fray with his clone. The dustcloud he had created was settling now, and visibility was clear again. They never did last for long, after all.

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
Rikuto saw that the real Trilby was coming over, so he instantly run up to meet him there. Taking one of his Kunai, he threw it directly at Trilby's clone. The accuracy was nothing to scoff at. Rikuto had a really good aim. After throwing the kunai, he rushed up even further, but quickly rolled to the side to grab his ocarina. The ocarina wasn't too far, so he'd possibly have to deal with an attack. It seemed like his ocarina was priority one, while Trilby was priority two. Once he had his ocarina in hand he'd get as much distance as possible.

OOC: I'd just like to point out that I mdae my clone, which is physically identical, under a smokescreen. You don't know which one is me and which is the clone. If you want to deduce it based off actions you'd need to reason that out, not just work with OOC knowledge. Its not a big deal just something to note for when its not a for fun spar.

Trilby noticed his opponent change course as he approached, throwing a kunai towards his clone and beginning to charge towards the original. However, he noticed his opponents eyes kept returning to his ocarina, and he had a rather hostile outburst when the clone separated it from him. "That must be vital to his techniques. Or merely important to him. Or both." Trilby thought to himself. The clone threw the stone spear at the kunai of Rikutos, knocking it off course before Trilby quickly switched their places with Kawarimi no jutsu. As the clone had originally kicked the ocarina away from Rikuto, his position was closer to it than where Rikuto currently was. Trilby was therefore able to grab it before his opponent, holding it in the air and smiling. "I assume you wanted this?" He said, cockily.

chakra: 40/120
Spoiler:

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
OOC: Bleh... I should've wrote a bit more. I did that post this morning so my head was kind of in that "I don't wanna do shit" mode.

Ignoring the kunai he had thrown and how it was blocked, he was fully aiming for the ocarina now. Before he was able to even get moderately close to it, Trilby had reached it first. Rikuto slid into a full stop and seemed to stare at Trilby as he held up the ocarina. After hearing the jest given by Trilby, he stated a single sentence. "Give it back... Now...!" His voice was low and furious. At that point, he didn't care if he would lose the fight. He only cared about getting his ocarina back. Taking a step forward, he said the same sentence again, this time glaring at Trilby. "Give it back now!" The grip he had on his Kunai tightened.

"Don't worry" Trilby said quietly, stepping back a few feet. "You can have it back, as soon as you tell me why it's so important. Don't worry, I won't damage it. Unless you attack, of course."
He was like a cat with a mouse, clawing at his food rather than simply biting. Trilby did ever so love being cruel. Still, this kid had some fight in him. Not much offense, but he did handle a decent onslaught well. Trilby had no intention of damaging his Ocarina, either. Unless he ignored his warning, of course.

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
Rikuto exhaled and glanced down at his ocarina. "I was really close to my grandmother... and when she passed away, she gave me that to remember her by. That's all I have left of her now..." He paused for a moment to think, but quickly shook out of it and looked back at Trilby. "Now give it back..." His voice was a lot less harsh, but harsh nonetheless. This guy definitely got on Rikuto's bad side, considering that Rikuto rarely ever gets angry. His hand was still tightly gripped on his kunai. He expected Trilby to honor his little statement and give it back. Rikuto had held his part up.

Trilby let a smile slip out for a second before returning his face to it's blank demeanor, throwing the ocarina gently towards him once he finished his story."Good fight kid, the sand will be proud to have you. Though, try to hide your inability to let go of that thing a bit harder, it makes you way too easy to manipulate." Trilby formed the boar hand seal, causing his clone to crumble into dust. Looking around the arena, he saw the results of their fight. The place was a mess. "I am so not cleaning that up" Trilby said, chuckling.

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
Hearing the advice Trilby had given him, he simply shook his head slightly afterwards. Rikuto caught his ocarina and immediately started to check it for damage. It was completely fine, except for a bit of sand inside it. Looking up at Trilby, he turned and began to walk away. He wasn't heading towards the exit. He was heading towards the arena wall. Sitting down and leaning against it, he started to empty out the sand in his ocarina. An occasional note was played to test if it was clean. Once it was cleared out, he played a calming tune. It seemed to echo throughout the arena. The song continued on and seemed to lighten the atmosphere a little.

Chakra: 65/80
Spoiler:

The young shinobi began to play the ocarina he was so enamored with, playing a soothing melody that resonated through the air of the arena. Trilby smiled a bit the second it hit his ears, and he smiled a bit. It was probably a genjutsu of some kind, given how immediate the effect was, but he didn't care, the fight was over anyway. Sitting down, a few feet away from his opponent, he listened to the melody. "Why haven't I bothered to learn an instrument. A guitar perhaps." he thought to himself, letting himself be lost in the resonating tones of the song.

Last edited by Trilby on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rikuto Shiro

Rikuto Shiro

D-rank
Rikuto opened his eyes and glanced over at Trilby. He still had some harsh feelings towards him, but the song that was being played quickly rid his mind of it. Closing in on the last few measures of the songs, he put a slightly different accent on the notes than he normally would. Trying something a bit different. The song wasn't something he learned after all. It was something he himself created. Adding genjutsu to it just made it a bit more interesting. Rikuto seemed to try that with many songs he created. And he created a lot of songs. Shaking his head slightly he looked over at Trilby. "Were you really that bored...?" It seemed as if Rikuto was able to put a few things he saw earlier such as the bored expression on Trilby's face and the fact that he started a spar out of nowhere.

Trilby looked at Rikuto, nodding as he heard the question. "Indeed. No missions, finished my training, nothing to study, nothing to work on, no ones home. Horrid day." he said angrily, standing up. The fight was over, there wasn't any reason for him to linger. "Still, you fought well. You might turn into a half decent shinobi one day." he said with a smile before turning for the exit. His fun here was over, but there had to be something else to do in the city. There always was.

-------------------Exit thread-------------------

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.