You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
'It's too quiet around here with almost everyone gone...' Demi found herself thinking with a frown. She had grown quite used to a house full of people since she had moved in with Strafe. There was always something going on: training to be done, work or some kind of mission needing handled, or just general silliness. This quietness... it didn't feel right. In such a short time she had gone from an introvert to the very core to such a social animal - at least when it came to their little family - that the quietness just didn't sit well with her at all.

She missed Strafe, Kaia, and Momaru, and also worried for their safety. But, she did well to hide it. Iro was newer to this life than the rest of them so she was sure he worried the most of all: worried that something would happen to his new family. This very reason was why she had stayed behind. A sitter would have been easy enough to find but it hadn't felt right. Demi cared far too much about her children for that. He needed her here so here she was: even if she would worry to the core about everyone else until she saw them all safely returned home.

"Iro dear, are you hungry?" Demi called out, figuring her son had to be around somewhere close by. Demi herself didn't exactly keep a healthy eating schedule - though it was something she was definitely working on for Strafe's sake since as a medic she knew it likely bothered him she ate so little and so sparingly - but she tried her hardest to make sure everyone else ate when they needed to and as often as they needed to. Even as she waited to hear a response she made her way into the kitchen and got busy pulling a variety of foods out of the fridge in preparation of combining them into something eatable and delicious: thankfully she was a rather skilled cook despite how little she ate herself. Like all Malkavia she tended to go from muse to muse as the whim moved her and for a while she had taken a great interest in cooking, enough of an interest that she became good at it.

As Demi busied herself with grabbing a variety of pans and cooking utensils she would need she thought about the other purpose for having this little sit down meal instead of going out somewhere to eat: she wanted to have a heart to heart with him. She wanted to make sure that Iro was okay with everything and settling in nicely. She especially wanted to know how he felt about everyone leaving: bottling in emotions and thoughts wasn't a good thing for anyone.

Wordcount: 465

Iro

Iro

D-rank
A young boy walked out of his room, on the way to the stairs as he heard his mother call to him.

"Iro dear, are you hungry?"

Iro smiled as he heard her voice. Demi had been an angel since they took Strafe from his horrible previous home. She had tended to their needs and adapted to her family role really well. Plus she was funny and smart. He walked just a tad faster as he took the step two at a time. He could hear her moving stuff in the kitchen, which meant she already knew his answer. He was hungry, and it was amazing having someone cook just for him. He turned the corner and crossed a first room. The quietness of the house was strange to him. He missed his father, sister, and Momaru and hoped that they returned safe and sound. He couldn't deal with any other result. He normally would have begged to go with him, but things were still too new for him to be ready. Plus, he wouldn't be much help in combat against a Kage.

He entered the kitchen with a smile as soon as he spotted his mom. "Hey mom, thanks!" He said with bright smile as he sat down at his position at the table. Demi was a pretty good cook, so he was excited. "It's weird here with everyone gone. I'm glad you stayed!" He said as he looked to the empty spots beside him. He then started to smell whatever it was that she was cooking and he sighed with joy. His new life was great, and he was now blessed beyond his wildest imagination.

Word Count: 281

Last edited by Iro on Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
As per usual an automatic smile spread across Demi's face when Iro entered: she couldn't help but feel happy when around their little family. She put several pans on the stove, turned burners on, and got to work adding various ingredients to each pan: causing a delicious smell to fill the air. Once the stove was on and situated properly with everything at its right temperature for cooking she found herself with time to focus completely on Iro rather than making sure nothing ended up burnt.

"Don't worry about it, dear. I wouldn't leave you here by yourself." She wrinkled her nose playfully with a chuckle. "Baby sitters suck anyway... Much more fun with a Malkavia in the house." Her smile turned playful and teasing; her usual way of attempting to make sure everyone was happy when she was around. Plus, she just generally enjoyed making everyone laugh.

"I figured we'd eat here today instead of going out... I know the quietness is strange with everyone gone, but there was something I wanted to talk to you about and I figured it was better done at home rather than out where people could eavesdrop on us." Right into it, as was Demi's style. She didn't really believe in beating around the bush, lying, sugar coating, or purposely putting things off. Privacy was needed because she wanted to make sure they had an open space to talk without having to worry about anyone's outside opinion on the matter; she had no idea how Iro was holding up emotionally and so she wanted him to feel like he was in a comfortable place to express however he was feeling without having to worry about what the person next to him might think. A total no-judgement zone as a home should be.

"I wanted to know how you were handling things... with your dad, Kaia, and Momaru being gone. Plus things in general..." Instead of hounding him with a bunch of different questions like perhaps a more sane person would have done she simply left him to his thoughts with her generalized question asked, allowing him to form whatever answers he wanted to offer her up, and in the meantime she turned her focus and attention back onto the stove. She worked quietly as she stirred the various foods and kept everything from sticking, her silence remaining as she simply waited for whatever answer Iro would give her when he was ready. She had no intentions of passing judgement on the boy: unlike a normal shinobi she had never been raised to hide emotions and to bottle them up so she would never expect anyone in her family to do so.

Wordcount: 455 | 920

Iro

Iro

D-rank
The smile on her face made his return his even more.  As she got to a walking away point, she answered and it made him giggle a bit. He could only be so comfortable with one of his family members.

"Don't worry about it, dear. I wouldn't leave you here by yourself. Baby sitters suck anyway... Much more fun with a Malkavia in the house."

She was right on that. Demi had a way of making the most normal situations interesting, and he loved that about her. "Thanks, it helps a lot." He said reassuring her of the great job she does. After that, the subject to one of an open and honest setting. She showed concern for him in a way that made it seem that she truely wanted to hear his troubles.

"I figured we'd eat here today instead of going out... I know the quietness is strange with everyone gone, but there was something I wanted to talk to you about and I figured it was better done at home rather than out where people could eavesdrop on us. I wanted to know how you were handling things... with your dad, Kaia, and Momaru being gone. Plus things in general..."

She was of course right. He wasn't okay in the general sense of the word, but he wasn't torn apart. His family had been wonderful in his time here and he couldn't be more grateful. However, it was taking time to get used to this setting with a family who openly loves each other. It was taking time for him to open up, but slowly it was working. Now they left him to go on a mission and all his anxieties from his past rush to the front. His eyes rested on Demi's loving expression and those anxieties faded just as they arrived. He sighed as he prepared to explain what he was thinking. "I love you people, whether you realize it or not, you are no different to me than a son is to his mother. Blood makes no difference to me and I just got used to that idea. Now that Dad, Sis, and Momaru are on that dangerous mission, I just can't get over the idea that all this might be too good to be true. I don't want anything to change, at least not for a while..." He let it all spill out before he realized it. His mental weight was lifted however. He really just felt like hugging his mom.

He looked at Demi with an odd look of concern. He didn't want this to blow up in his face. He was finally happy for the first time in his life and he didn't want to have it ripped away by death and grief. He looked down out of habit, as living with that horrible woman had taught him to hide he true wants and dreams. It kept them from getting ripped away. He new he could be open here and he knew it, but some habits were harder to break. He looked back up and waited for her response. He wasn't going to be a drama king. If his father could balance Taking down a Kage who was a former comrade, Mitsuo coming back, two relatively new children, and his normal duties, Iro was determined to handle this and make their time away to get to know his new Mom.

Thread Wordcount: 862

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
"Thanks, it helps a lot." Iro's words made her smile. It was great to hear that she was doing such a good job when it came to her new children because sometimes she worried. Her upbringing, while grand and loving, had been rather strange compared to the norm of most families. Considering the mental bond her and her father had most things that others verbalized her and her father just simply felt. Conversation hadn't really been needed for them to express to each other how they had been feeling. So this? This was quite new to her, but she was happy all the same with it. It also cemented her feelings that she had needed to stay rather than go following after Strafe like she had truly wanted to do. Iro needed her here and so here she would be.

While Demi waited for Iro's answer to her question she watched him with a great deal of concern and curiosity, but also with a purpose. She knew how to read people - Malkavia were great for getting into someone's head though her reasoning for wanting in Iro's was more motherly than anything - and felt she could gain a lot more understanding out of reading his facial expressions and body language than words could ever convey. "I love you people, whether you realize it or not, you are no different to me than a son is to his mother. Blood makes no difference to me and I just got used to that idea. Now that Dad, Sis, and Momaru are on that dangerous mission, I just can't get over the idea that all this might be too good to be true. I don't want anything to change, at least not for a while..." Iro looked down after he finished speaking and in a way it looked to Demi as if he felt he needed to hide how he felt - a means to protect himself perhaps?

Ignoring the food for the moment she went around the counter and over to Iro, pulling him gently over to her and hugging him. She took a moment to run the fingers of her left hand lightly through his hair in what she hoped was a comforting gesture: she was still very new to offering up more than mental comfort after all, but she had watched others offer up physical comfort long enough that she had the general idea of it. "We love you too, Iro. I'm worried for their safety as well... but I trust Strafe, Kaia, and Momaru to do their best in not only completing their task but also in making sure they're safe while doing it. They don't want to leave us anymore than we want them to leave..." Demi would offer up an extra squeeze before kneeling down slightly in front of Iro so that she could look him properly in the eyes. "... and never worry about hiding how you feel, alright? That evil woman can never get to you again: she would have a lot of people to go through if she even tried. Last I heard she was locked up and would remain so for a good long while. So you have nothing to fear, and nothing to worry about. No one in this family will ever judge you for how you feel, hun." she said softly, smiling gently as she did so.

Wordcount: 570 | 1,490

Iro

Iro

D-rank
After Iro spoke, Demi came around the counter with a expression that showed nothing but love and concern for him. She pulled him into a hug, to which he showed no resistance. Most boys his age would have something to say, but his unique situation made him unlike a normal boy in ways. He smiled as she comforted him with her touch, and he loved her so much. He wanted to stay here with her forever, living the life he was truly meant to have, or so he was starting to believe. She understood him in more ways than the the young boy realized. She then started to speak.

"We love you too, Iro. I'm worried for their safety as well... but I trust Strafe, Kaia, and Momaru to do their best in not only completing their task but also in making sure they're safe while doing it. They don't want to leave us anymore than we want them to leave..."

Of course, she was right. His dad was one of the most powerful ninja he had even heard of, and Momaru and Kaia were no slouches. They would be fine, especially if his mom told him so. After a few moments and an extra squeeze, she would lower herself to speak to him face to face. He didn't flinch or anything, as his short time in the house had taught him to trust his family.

"... and never worry about hiding how you feel, alright? That evil woman can never get to you again: she would have a lot of people to go through if she even tried. Last I heard she was locked up and would remain so for a good long while. So you have nothing to fear, and nothing to worry about. No one in this family will ever judge you for how you feel, hun."

As she spoke a tear started to well up in his right eye before he wiped it with his sleeve. How she always knew what to say would never cease to blow his mind. He nodded with a smile as his spirits lifted. The thought of that woman locked in a cell always seemed to do that. "I promise!" He said with enthusiasm as he made a mental note to try to be more open with the family. He was learning how to be a son, and he liked his role so far. After a few moments, he would speak again. "Thanks Mom!" He spoke sweetly before hugging her this time, something he did not usually initiate. His years of building walls to protect himself seemed to slowly unravel as he hugged her. One thing he knew for sure, he was happy.

Thread Wordcount: 1317

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
He was happy. Demi could sense it as well as see it. It made her believe that mentally he would be alright despite all that he had been through: having such a good family would definitely see to that, even if there would from time to time be worrying involved when they had to go off on missions and handle other dangerous responsibilities. Her smile grew as it spread more across her face when Iro hugged her, and she returned the gesture just the same: hugging him tightly but gently once more.

"You're welcome, dear." Demi then glanced toward the cooking food, realizing in all of the talking that they'd been doing it was almost ready. "Now, let's get some food in our bellies and then figure out what we want to do with the rest of the day. Any suggestions?", she would ask as she turned back to the stove and got down to stirring the numerous pots and pans on it, as well as flipping food when nessecary - everything of course cooking rather nicely.

As Demi went about making sure none of the food burned she gave Iro time to think about what it was he wanted to do. She was personally open to anything: going on an adventure, going shopping down at the market, or even training, or whatever else he could come up with that he wanted to accomplish: they still had plenty of daylight to burn, and she wasn't a stickler about being home before it got dark either. She personally believed she was one of the scariest damned things out at night regardless, so little worry there.

As soon as the food was done she turned off all of the burners and grabbed down two plates, fixing each of them one - having made so much food that even with both plates heaping there was still plenty left in the pots and pans on the stove for extras. But, that was how Demi cooked, especially when it came to her children: she wanted to make sure they had plenty to eat and there was some extra in case they were still hungry. She would be damned - more than she was now anyway - if one of her children went hungry because there wasn't enough food made.

The plates were set upon the table and Demi took one of the chairs in front of them, knowing Iro would join her. "Come on, let's eat."

Wordcount: 411 | 1,901

Iro

Iro

D-rank
"You're welcome, dear. Now, let's get some food in our bellies and then figure out what we want to do with the rest of the day. Any suggestions?"

With that, she started to tend to the food putting finishing touches on it. He smiled as the aroma filled the air and smelled great. He hadn't really thought much about what he wanted to do, but he was sure he would think of something. Maybe some sight seeing? Yea, that could be fun. He had always wanted to go the Hozuki clan temple to learn more about his family and past. Considering the fact he had never met them, his curiosity burned despite the fact that he was happy with his family. He would ponder that thought a few more minutes before speaking. "Could you take me to go sight seeing? I'd love to learn more about the my clan and their history. We could also get some cool stuff!" The second part excited him as well. The idea of getting some awesome gear always seemed to give him motivation.

The food was done by then, and Demi started to make plates for the both of them. His eyes were glued to the food as she brought them too the table and set them down. She took her seat and then spoke.

"Come on, let's eat."

She barely had time to get it out before Iro had crossed the room and planted himself in a chair beside her. With a quick "Thanks!", Iro picked up a utencil and started to dig in. The flavors were awesome and he could help but sigh with delight as he took his first bite. He was a bit of a noisy eater, but he couldn't help it. Demi's food tasted a thousand times better than that crap the lady gave them. He was just happy to have extra in case he wanted more. He figured he would continue to scarf down food as he waited on her response.

Word Count: 1657

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
Sight seeing and getting some new stuff? Sounded like a plan to her! ”Sounds like a plan to me! We can go as soon as we finish breakfast!” With that said she got down to eating, knowing that Iro would likely do the same. She didn’t eat super fast, but she wasn’t slow either. She was kind of excited about taking Iro to go explore some stuff about his clan, as well as the chance to take him shopping. Soon enough she would have finished eating, waiting for Iro to do the same while wrapping up the remaining food - that is if Iro didn’t go back for seconds - so that it didn’t go bad while they were gone.

Then it was off to explore and shop…~

Exit

Iro

Iro

D-rank
”Sounds like a plan to me! We can go as soon as we finish breakfast!”

With those words, Iro continued to eat with excitement as he quickly made his food disappear. He would smile as he finished, wiping his mouth with a napkin on the table. He put his plate in the sink before turning to Demi, who was wrapping and putting away the food. He didn't want more food right now, he was to excited about their new plans. In just a few moments time, they had cleaned up and were off to explore his past and grab some new stuff!

[Exit]

Wordcount: 1760
Reaction Timing: E-3 -> D: 300/300
Speed E-2 -> E-3: 225/225
Speed E-3 -> D: 300/300
Endurance E-2 -> E-3: 225/225
Endurance E-3 -> D: 300/300
Strength E-1 -> E-2: 150/150
Perception E-1 -> E-2: 150/150
110 words remaining

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
Thread Exited a while ago, just doing my math.
Due to my genius perk which gives me a -20% reduction to all training WC's I have redone the numbers to reflect that reduction.

Total WC is 2,029
Strength E - E1: 2029 - 60 = 1969
Strength E1 - E2: 1969 - 120 = 1849
Strength E2 - E3: 1849 - 180 = 1669
Strength E3 - D: 1669 - 240 = 1429
Strength D - D1: 1429 - 260 = 1169
Strength D1 - D2: 1169 - 320 = 849
Strength D2 - D3: 849 - 360 = 489
Strength D3 - C: 489 - 420 = 69

Endurance E - E1: 69 - 60 = 9
Remaining: 9 Words

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.