You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Empty Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:57 pm

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Maigo walked through the halls of the Kirigakure no Sato administration building, his mind in a bit of a fritz, a mischievous thought on his mind. Word had spread around the campfire, not even campfire of the entrance of a few ninja from Iwagakure no Sato into the village. One of them also rumored to be the Tsuchikage, no doubt an esteemed ninja, but Maigo wanted to see him for himself. Confirm a few things through him if possible, involving the world and ideology if he would have the time to deal with Maigo or care for that. After all, Maigo was just a Kirigakure ninja, and only a special jounin at that. Besides! The rumors of other jounin on guard duty were hardly a viable source of information... half the time they were around would be spent on gossip and complaining of their wives and families. Maigo needed something more than guard duty, he couldn't connect with those conversations, he was still just a kid in their eyes.

But then again, would the leader of a great ninja village see him any differently? Hopefully he wouldn't have heard his name in the chuunin exams or anything like that, given he was a rather apathetic name to have heard and didn't make much of a splash outside making it to the tournament. No, he wasn't even a seven swordsmen yet or the worlds foremost expert on genjutsu like he planned out to be! So why would he be seeking out the Tsuchikage? When his interactions with his own Mizukage would be little to none and far weighted heavily towards the none side of the spectrum. Well, there was an answer there but not for the mind of Maigo, he'd already made up his mind to try and find him, wherever he might be.

Maigo approached the secretaries desk of the administration building, an old tease of his still working the desk, a sly idea ran into his mind to turn his suave on and find out what he could from the gorgeous blonde behind the desk. "Hey there..." Maigo would say as he approached and leaned into the desk using his elbow to support himself, "I've heard a rumor about the village, and I think you're the only one who can help me..." he led on with a smile. Her face blushed a bit as she thought it through but quickly turned sour.

"Wait a minute! Don't you have a girlfriend already?" she nearly shouted as she could hardly contain herself, half in anger and worry and the other half in anticipation. Maigo had a quick lapse in judgement where he would say no and get what he wanted from her then take off to deal with that entire situation another time, but truth be told, he didn't even remember her name. There was no way he'd be able to play that one off for long...

"Yeah, I do..." his face dropped to a normal tone and he stood up and away from the counter, crossing his arms behind his head and holding himself like he were laying on a bed. "But that has nothing to do with this. What'd you think I meant?" he added on trying to save face a bit. He was so shameless when it came to pretty women, hell, even Aizou gave him enough trouble as it was and he made it no easy task for the two of them to be around each other.

The woman's blush went away, her tone dropped as she slide back against her chair a bit, a sigh as she spoke, "Nothing Maigo... what is it today? Can't find your sensei again or something?" her tone seemed almost immediately annoyed with his presence. He mused over his thoughts slightly, he had been annoying them a lot lately but this time it was a serious matter, or more serious? Well, this was more serious than some of the things and less serious than others. Which pretty much adds nothing to his thought process in the end... Snapping out of it he chimed in, "No no, and I don't always lose Dameon-sensei! He just tends to disappear..." he added with a soft chuckle to the end of it, another pause as he continued to think it over.

"Maigo! What is it that you want?!" her tone had gone from subtly annoyed to full blown annoyed. It was obvious that she had neither the time nor patience to be annoyed today. "Oh, right..." he said and scratched the side of his face lightly, "Well, there's a rumor going around that the Tsuchikage is in town! And I want to find him..." he said with another shameless smile on his face. The woman sighed with a heavy exhale and face-palmed herself lightly and rubbed her forehead at the same time. "Maigo, what do you want with the Tsuchikage... not that he's even here or anything."

He mused over that for a second, briefly humming to himself, "Well... that's not your business! I just have something I want to talk and ask him about, some things I'd like to confirm." he said with as genuine a smile as he could provide. She shook her head and exhaled sharply in disapproval, "Listen Maigo, you shouldn't go get involved with people like him. He's very powerful and your stupidity might upset him, and get you killed! You'd be better off just going to the library or whatever." she said a bit smugly. Maigo narrowed his eyebrows a bit and raised one, questioning her decision to try and lecture him. He already made up his mind! Had he not? She should have known better by now...

"Come on, you gotta know something, right? Where his hotel is, does he have a meeting with Lady Mizukage? Anything at all?" he asked putting his elbows back on the desk to support himself and asking with inquisitive and hopeful eyes. "No! Maigo, I don't know anything and if I did, I'd only tell you if you needed to know!" she retorted and waved at him, shooing him away. "Now, go do something productive! Stop wasting your time, and more importantly, my time!" she went back to the papers at her desk and evened them out by tapping them on her desk. Maigo sighed and stepped back from the desk, "Fine! You're no help, Mitsumi?" he said as he squinted his eyebrows hoping he guessed her name correctly.

She grunted angrily, "Do you not know my name?! It's Masumi!!" she yelled and tossed a pencil at him. Maigo ducked while laughing to himself, the pencil lazily hit his side as he walked away, no doubt he was certainly going to be in trouble for sometime on that one. He sighed as he made his way away from the desk though, wondering to himself, If I were the Tsuchikage and visiting the village, where would I be? he whispered to himself quietly as he walked through the lobby to wherever his next destination might be...

[1200 words]

2Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Empty Re: Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:44 am

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira stood on the street outside the administration building as he watched those around him come too and fro. His recent use of the Byakugan had dimmed the golden dye in his eye and it was now a fainter yellow. Still something about that gaze seemed to see everything and anyone who met his gaze looked away as if they couldn't hold it. He smiled all the same and shifted to look back at the administration as a dark haired young man moved along the path straight too it moving inside as if excited about something and in a hurry to deal with it. He could only admire the spirit and eagerness for gaining power these Kiri shinobi had and shake his head as if amused by their youth. Either way he moved his eyes back up to look at the sky. A heavy mist hung above the village blocking out a lot of light and making everything dim and grey. He had no idea how long he would be able to stay here but he was happy to remain for a time if Ayakashi allowed it of him. He wasn't sure what she was thinking of his motives but he already had sent summons to Karumo to come see him at his earliest convenience. He was about to reveal himself to the world with his true identity. Tired of hiding as he was that meant he had to give up his Kage position. If anyone was designed for that position it was Karumo Sekuro.

There he stood several feet from the main entrance to the administration building. His form easily noticable as everyone gave him space enough to dance in. Still his attire was strange too. He stood there wearing fancy clothes from head to toe. Dress boots were covered around the ankle by a set of ironed slacks that led up into a leather belt with two daggers in the waist band. Each large curved dagger rested on a hip. Tucked into his pants was a silver button up shirt with a dark tie buttoned into it. A white vest was buttoned over it with a black back. Finally over all of it was a coat that seemed to reflect light ever so slightly while hanging down to his knee's. The suit coat was of a master level quality and somehow suggested some hidden secret. Still his fingers rose up into his inner coat pocket and pulled out a metal case. His thumb pressed a button as it clicked open. Within were three cigars, hand made on one side and on the other a silver encased lighter. He quietly plucked one cigar and the lighter out. With a flick of his thumb he decimated either end of the cigar like a clean cut before plopping the thin end in his mouth. He prefered matches for this but they got wet in Kiri. So he quietly lit his smoke before putting the rest of it back and began to puff the cigar to life enjoying the flavor.

Just inside the doors a guard watched everything happening. Not many were aware of who Akira was right that moment as he enjoyed his privacy. After all he wasn't wearing any Iwa marks or identifying himself as a Kage to anyone. He had just stepped outside for a smoke for a minute. Still the guard couldn't help himself as he smiled at Maigo's efforts. To him this whole thing was amusing because he had seen Maigo walk passed the man he was looking for without knowing it. Either way he waited patiently for the man to finish his argument with the lady. Let him dig his hole and all. After all the guard had a crush on her so letting Maigo get shot down benifited him in his mind. Still as Maigo fled the girl the guard named Tom stepped in his path and spoke low. Avoiding prying eyes.

"Iffen you wanna know where he is. A hundred ryo and I point him out." Tom spoke just loud enough to be heard by someone so close but still seemed to suspect others were listening. Assuming Maigo either payed up or intimidated him Tom would relent and indicate subtly with his thumb in Akira's direction before returning to his post. His indication couldn't be confused with anyone but Akira.

3Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Empty Re: Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:32 pm

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Maigo made his way to the door of the administration building, stuffing his hands in his pockets and keeping his head down as he thought to himself on his journey outward. The glaring sun hit his eyes as he walked through the post, only to be blocked by a shadow, Maigo's eyes rolling upward with his head as he found a guard to be in his path. The man was nearly the same height as Maigo, a sort of wicked grin on his face as he began to speak, "Iffen you wanna know where he is. A hundred ryo and I point him out." Maigo blinked briefly, Is this really happening? he thought to himself with his expression unchanging, as blank as it was when he was cut off.

"So let me get this straight, you know where he is and you're going to tell me that you know where he is and try to charge me..." Maigo smiled and started to laugh. What started as a small chuckle began to turn into a laugh as he watched the guards expression turn. With a quick motion he would clasp his hands together into the Rat hand seal, making a loud clap as his hands came together and his golden colored eyes stared into the guards eyes, like he would be looking through to his soul. "No, I'll pay your 100 ryo..." he said while he was laughing a bit maniacally, "And I'll give you a dream that'll earn every cent of it all." he held his smile.

The guards face looked a bit nervous, perhaps a single bead of sweat would start to fall, his own face chuckling a bit as he stepped back a bit. Motioning with his hand to the side, pointing at a man next to them with his thumb... Maigo released his hand sign and looked to his side, a man standing there smoking a cigar. Maigo blinked again, a bit of an irritated twitch in his eye, was he saying that this guy was the Tsuchikage? he mused to himself briefly, He's not wearing robes or the hat or anything, and smoking? That doesn't seem very Kage like... he continued on as he thought about saying something.

Perhaps the man wouldn't have noticed the small scene he was causing at the door of the building, Maigo turned his head back to the guard briefly, "Him?" he said with one eyebrow raised. The guard sighed and nodded as he stepped away back to his official post, Maigo's attention turned back to the man smoking. Dressed fancily with dress boots and slacks, Maigo took note of the large coat about him and his smoking again. Whether or not he was paying attention, either directly or indirectly, Maigo would go for a bit of grandeur here, not even taking the chance to verify the claim. He certainly seemed regal enough to be powerful and in charge, to say the least.

Maigo would close the distance between them a bit, to a point where a conversation at a normal speaking level could be had. But Maigo, did not take that approach, instead of aiming to verify the rumor and intel he had just received he called out to him almost yelling, "Lord Tsuchikage! I would like to speak with you!" he kept his head down briefly not to make direct eye contact yet. After all, this was a man that could probably crush his skull in a single move so some bit of formality would be involved, and a bit of respect could go along away. His head down and a single arm across his chest as he bowed slightly, despite his brash introduction he was being quite genuine about it all. A small laugh or chuckle could be heard from the guard as no doubt his call out could be heard from some several feet away.

[657 words, 1857 words total]

4Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Empty Re: Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:54 pm

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira calmly puffed small clouds out one after the other as the cigar gradually lowered but ever so slowly. His world was likely to change soon and when it did he couldn't see what path it was taking. Even with his all seeing eyes he couldn't see the future. He had run scenarios through his mind and had come to two possible conclusions. At least the most likely two. The first and the one he was hoping wasn't bound to him was the future where Ayakashi took it upon herself to take him down. She wasn't a fan of missing nin but hopefully his proposal appealed to her. After all he had earned some credit with Kiri during the Bells war. However proving that would be difficult if she demanded it. He couldn't exactly show her those memories...not unless he allowed her to use an ANBU technique that would leave him with no secrets from her. The second was following if she suggested the proposal he made. If she let him take cover outside the village and allowed Konoha and iwagakure to handle their missing if they wished. He was confident that no matter who from those two villages came after them he could handle anything short of an army. After all Konoha couldn't take him down years ago when he was just a special jounin. Granted he had a team mate back then but now he was powerful enough that he could wipe out that old combo in an instant.

Still his attention was snapped back to reality as he sensed a power drawing nearer to him. He glanced over his shoulder to see that dark haired young man making a B-line straight for him. For a moment he considered an attack but couldn't sense any hostility nor see a weapon. Could be a practiced technique but he doubted Ayakashi would agree to let anyone take him on without her and certainly not in the center of the village. Still he prepared to move in an instant if he should have to. Diversions were a part of the shinobi world and if there was going to be an attempt this would be a very basic way to do it. Still he kept his senses up and smiled warmly. However his smile dropped and a frown grew on his face as his eye twitched when the young man called out to him pointing him out to the world. How? Why in heavens sake did he do that? Akira could feel the civilian eyes he had been avoiding up until that point and the attention he hadn't wanted bearing down on him now like a wave of mild anxiety. The little bugger had certainly gone out of his way to draw attention to them. Still Akira would take a longer drag from his cigar to calm down with the mental note that Ayakashi would not appreciate one of her own getting his ears boxed. Waiting as he was approached with one hand holding his cigar to his lips and the other resting on his hip.

Still Akira would measure the kid up as he approached with eyes down. Oh? That was a dangerous gamble if this was an attack. No one should know outside of one man in Kumo that Akira had genjutsu as he had never actually used it so there was little to no reason to suspect this was an attack anymore. No, in fact it appeared to by some sign of respect in this country as the young man stopped close to him and bowed respectfully. Odd but Akira would nod his head in respect to someone of a lower station. Keeping with appearances anyway. Sizing him up and feeling the slight chakra flavor and pressure in the air as Maigo had made no effort to conceal it he could assume the person was about spec jounin strength....it tasted of ash and felt like energy raising up the hair on his arm. It wasn't something most people around would feel but Akira was a very capable man. Still when he spoke his eyes kept looking the boy over.

"Katon and Raiton affinity eh? Had some interest in those myself at one point. Based on the calluses on your hands a swordsman or weapons master. You can't train with those without developing the hands for it as you likely know....Ninjutsu perhaps? Tell me boy what is your name? Oh and please do tell if I missed anything. I like to stay in practice noticing details."

5Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Empty Re: Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Maigo made his less than subtle introduction to the man who was supposed to be the Tsuchikage, his head remained bow for a brief moment before he heard a response. Raising his head up gradually as he began to speak, calling out details of Maigo one by one, immediately rattling off his nature affinities. Maigo would look up a bit curiously, how the hell did he figure that out? he wondered to himself but declined to interrupt and listened in instead.

Maigo rolled his hands over to look at them as he called out that detail and then rolled them back down, continuing on and correct about his weapon usage. But then again, that could have just been a lucky guess? He was perceptive none the less. Maigo listened in letting over the quip about ninjutsu, he was wrong but he wouldn't burst his bubble just yet. Despite his outburst, he was really trying to be on his best behavior for the time being.

Next came a request for his name, and an offer to correct him on any missed details. Maigo gulped a bit and thought it over in his head, a long exhale as a sigh as he rubbed one of his wrists and looked down at his hands, "No, you got most of it right. I'll give you the calluses and all, but how'd you know the elements?" he would ask him with an inquisitive tone. "Oh, also no ninjutsu. At least not much of it, I've only just been recently experimenting with it. I'm really the foremost expert in all the world with Genjutsu!" he didn't think that he really gave that much about himself away. Especially in his normal attire, but perhaps his own katana would only add to the bits, perhaps he was being duped here? But the elements only added to the mystery.

And as for his bit about Genjutsu, whether it be true or not, he was certainly going to advertise such. He had actually never really left the village unless he was on mission, so his encounters with other persons capable of using genjutsu were almost non-existent. So for the time being, he really was the foremost expert? That was unless the Tsuchikage could refute him, but then that would probably just lead to Maigo arguing against it and that would get neither of them anywhere. Except maybe for Maigo into a hospital for his own rash and abrasive behavior.

Maigo broke his own brief musings to interject to the man, "Oh! My name's also Maigo... Maigo Mugetsu." he nodded as he spoke, then whispered to himself, "Almost forgot." he smiled a bit as he awaited whatever would come next. A partial assumption that the man would return the gesture but, there was always a chance he could just leave and walk away. In that case Maigo would be sure to follow, he wasn't going to let this opportunity up so easily. Not until he was convinced that this man wasn't the Tsuchikage or he outran Maigo.

Given his own perceptive abilities that he so casually put on display though, it would be a hard sell for anything less than a jounin here. Or maybe Maigo just needed to step his game up and get a bit more practice, less flirting and more training as his mother would always tell him. Sounded boring...

[572 words, 2429 words total]

6Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Empty Re: Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:39 am

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira rose an eyebrow as the boy spoke in return to his comments. Lifting the cigar once more and puffing on it before sliding it between his fingers by letting go of some of the pressure on it for just a moment and using gravity and a shift of his two fingers to spin it around before pressing his thumb against the ember. Immediatly it sizzled out but Akira didn't seem to show any discomfort as he flicking the cigar the nearest trash can and brushed off his thumb. The black mark faded to reveal no damage to the skin. Normal people would of had a fairly severe burn right there but his thumb looked normal like it had just poked some ashes. Either way he looked to the side as a camera flash caught his attention and he sighed audibly. So the press of this area had found out who he was with that outburst after all. Likely hoping to catch an image of the Mizukage and getting him instead. How exciting it was for a foreigner of rank to be in their village. One could only ponder what he was there for. Still he plucked a pair of purple sunglasses from his coat pocket and slid them on before turning to Maigo. A smile playing on his lips.

"Formost expert huh? I personally am not a fan of crowds right this moment so meet me up there and I will teach you how to do what I just did with your elements."

Akira indicated the building across from the administration building with his thumb before he winked and suddenly was gone so fast Even Maigo wouldn't be able to follow him. Moving at about SS ranked speeds straight up the building like it was a flat walkway for him before popping over the top and landing in a walk on the roof. Crossing it over to an old antenna where he calmly began to take off his coat and hung it over the old thing. Taking his vest and tie off before turning in his silver shirt partially unbottoned with his eyes looking through the purple glasses where the spec Jounin should be coming from. Quietly rolling up his sleeves as he waited. If Maigo followed him up the three story building to the flat roof Akira would nod to him before inviting him over with a wave of his hand. If Maigo came over he would calmly place a hand on his shoulder. Speaking as he did so while releasing some of the hold on his chakra. Not enough to overpower the young man but enough for him to feel the energy in the air.

"Mr. Mugetsu with chakra there is a potent presence about you. It hangs in the air and with every touch. Normally one wouldn't sense it unless they intended to or feel it unless the chakra was being manipulated to effect them. However unless one trains themselves to control their chakra and hold it within it keeps an ever present aura around them. Being near you feels like static electricity building to me and smells like something was burnt a great distance away. I have released my own chakra a little so you can test this out for yourself. You should feel out with your senses. Smell the moisture in the air, feel the weight of the earth in my hand and as you do you can almost hear it...like the distant sounds of water splashing against rock. Let your senses wander passed the normal and into the inner energies spread outwards of those around you."

7Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Empty Re: Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:27 am

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
The Tsuchikage took another puff of his cigar and flicked it away into a trash can with some flair. Maigo ignored it and kept his focus on him as a smile flaired up, "Formost expert huh? I personally am not a fan of crowds right this moment so meet me up there and I will teach you how to do what I just did with your elements." he flicked his thumb to the building across the street and disappeared suddenly, Maigo blinking in the course of his flicker.

Maigo scratched his head and sighed, "Show off..." he muttered to himself as he stuck his hands in his pockets and began to walk across the street. A thought hit his head, Wait, was that smile the doubt of the Tsuchikage? Although, learning some cool perceptive tricks would be nice... he thought to himself as he leisurely made his way in and crossed the street. In the door he made his way to the side and found and a stairway with a roof access. Once inside the stairwell he burst into speed, covering the few floors between him and the roof in no time, and then bursting onto the roof. Finding the Tsuchikage rolling up his sleeves and waving for Maigo to approach. Maigo sighed, Rolling up his sleeves, what a cliche... he thought as he began to walk near him, I definitely should start wearing sleeves too...

Once he was in arms reach, a hand would be casually placed on his shoulder, Maigo's eyes flickered to the motion and then back to him as he began to speak. A quick explanation of the presence of chakra and the need to control, Maigo hung to each word as he explained how he felt each part of his own repetoire, an interesting trick indeed and also a mental note to learn to suppress his chakra natures. Continuing on to how Maigo should be feeling his chakra as he let it go, like moisture in the air and a heavy weight in his hand, to feel the energy. Maigo closed his eyes and breathed deeply, focusing his perception on the chakra, he wasn't sure how he would smell the moisture but he could feel the weight of chakra from his hand. Taking a moment to seek it out, perhaps it was just a note that would come with experience, learning the feel of each chakra, but at the same time he could feel a static electricity in the air, his own chakra perhaps?

Opening his eyes quickly, a bit of a surprise on his face at how much he could perceive from something so simple. With a bit of practice, he may even start unconsciously doing it as well, for whatever the skill was worth. Maigo cracked a short smile, "It's certainly a nice trick, but I'm sure that your perceptive abilities aren't all you are known for Lord Tsuchikage..." he led on. "I will say, it was a bit foggy at first, but I could feel the weight and static, I suppose from my own chakra. Tell me, do other chakras have their own distinct feel as well? Like unique elements or Kekkai Genkai?" his curiosity peaked for a moment. He wondered what the chakra of his sharingan would produce if it could be felt, or that of his genjutsu. A skill like that could become useful, but even for advanced elements and things of that nature, it certainly would buy it's own uses.

And if for nothing more, than letting Maigo imitate the same little perceptive display that threw him off. Might be the perfect new intro for flirting with girls at the bar, 'reading' their chakra natures. Maigo would've cracked a smile if it weren't such a stupid thought and he weren't in the company of the Tsuchikage.

[646 words, 3075 words total]

8Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Empty Re: Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:52 pm

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira watched the young man focus for a moment. Truthfully Akira wasn't too worried at being on close contact with someone he didn't know all that well if only because his confidence was only matched with his pride. Short of Ayakashi he viewed himself as invincible. Sure it was likely a ways away from the truth but hey, if he could leave even Ayakashi limping and bleeding (Even if he himself was broken and barely able to move his arms) he could handle any situation short of her. He respected the hell out of her strength but it made him want to grow even more. One way or another he would reach her level if it broke him a thousand times doing so. However he was pretty much done with his life as a shinobi and politician. He was content with just relaxing and training. Maybe even teaching these little punks a few things. Though he wasn't sure if Iwagakure or konohagakure would leave him in peace. Once he revealed his secret he figured there would be hell to pay. But if he could get Ayakashi to agree not to let her own come at him he would be able to take anyone either village sent at him. He was sure of that. However if he could appoint his passed student as Tsuchikage he was sure the boy was of sound mind and knew of Akira's power. He wouldn't let his own sacrifice their health even if he was sure Akira wouldn't kill them for trying. Not that he intended to anyway. He would send anyone that crossed him violently back with broken pride and broken limb but that was about it. Still his attention was drawn back to the boy in front of him as he spoke again. This time with a smile.

Akira would smile in return before removing his hand from the boys shoulder. For his first time it wasn't bad. He had felt the weight of his doton chakra if not the suiton. Perhaps the boys own raiton chakra was getting in the way. He would overcome that in time Akira was sure. Still it would take practice to sense chakra natures in combat. Akira was only able to do it so proficiently because of his own understanding of chakra being so immense due to his upbringing and his byakugan. Not to mention his raw experience around so much combat and shinobi. It was something any shinobi was capable of but if one could see chakra it became intensly easier. After all after a while chakra colors became like reading a book when one didn't make an effort to conceal their own. Often chakra remained in its raw form and was funneled into a jutsu for simplicity. However Akira had found that chakra could be purified and perfected. His own Suiton and Doton chakra used to clash but over time as they blended and molded it broke away from a muddy texture into a golden shining chakra. Far more potent than raw chakra. Easier to access and shift anyway. Still Akira moved over to a ventilation shaft and settled on top of it taking a seat. His dull yellow eyes watching the boy and almost seeing through him. There was power in that gaze but no threat as of yet. Still he spoke warmly and with a smile. His voice like silk on the ears as it was a practiced tone of a silver tipped tongue. He had gotten his way a lot of his life with talking and the scenarios talking hadn't worked a good solid fist had.

"A unique question. First let me say that understanding how important perception is even at Kage levels is paramount to understanding power. Without the perception to understand a thing that is a part of you that power can easily consume you. Sense it and understand it and you will rule your chakra and even the chakra of those around you better than you ever dreamed. As a genjutsu specialist you should understand how important that is. As for sensing chakra natures it is an ability unique to each person based on how they perceive the world. Chakra is energy even in its most potent form and all energy has a signature. Read that signature and you can predict what is coming. Now if I might be so bold, You claimed you are a genjutsu expert. Perhaps you could show me a couple? I have an interest in that talent myself and have learned the basics but never used it."

9Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Empty Re: Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Maigo

Maigo

D-rank
Maigo watched the man walk away after removing his hand, heading over to a nearby air duct and taking a seat upon as he asked him his question. Maigo listened to his return, heeding the warning of perception, and Maigo knew it well. All of his visual prowess was based on perception and reaction speed, able to see whatever may come and then to interpret and understand it. By far the most important aspect of himself, not his speed or his strength but his ability to see and understand. Leaving the lecture with a note about understanding chakra and its signature, to read and understand it. Maigo shook his head admittedly, understanding the bit and taking heed of it, certainly understanding that he needed more practice. Sublimely understood and potentially underestimated at how valuable the skill would come in.

After all, he was a genjutsu expert (read: focused heavily on genjutsu) so perception was absolutely needed in not only developing his own genjutsu but in combating others and staying on his toes in the battlefield. Not to mention someone with advanced visual prowess would be a worthy foe in their own regard, it was only icing on the cake that Maigo's talents lied heavily in line with it. Combine a high natural perception with his sharingan and he could be beyond potent as a straight fighter, maybe even to the point that catching his foes off guard and avoiding traps would be second nature to him.

Then next came an offer to show a few of his own genjutsu off, Maigo would smile a bit and chuckle when he made mention of being an expert. Having an interest himself but never truly using it, it was a unique opportunity for Maigo, to say that he taught the Tsuchikage genjutsu. Maigo smiled broadly at the chance, turning and pivoting slightly on one foot as he pretended to mull over the offer. "Show you some genjutsu, huh?" in his mind he was ecstatic to show off a bit of his prowess and to a Kage of all people. The perfect chance to display his skill and to build his reputation a little, if he could impress the Tsuchikage then who else could doubt his ability in the skill? Well, there would always be doubters but in his mind, this test in the form of an opportunity would be quite welcome.

Maigo sprang up and clapped his hands in excitement, "Right! Well I have a few genjutsu that are easy to learn, rely a bit on subtlety, and will make a great base for expanding greater techniques and such. Four or Five spring to the top of my head, some with great versatility and all, others simple in concept. If that's all right with you?" Maigo would offer and wait for the man's rebuttal or acceptance. It would most certainly make for an interesting event, and a story that not many people would believe. As for the genjutsu he had in mind, they were simple and easy to learn, things that even genin could probably learn from him. Each one displaying its own prowess, one for affecting the opponents sense of touch, plenty of visual affecting genjutsu, one to manipulate surroundings and use the subtlety of it to fool another's perception or to go even further beyond it. And the last one, a favorite genjutsu that Maigo would often times start with, to press into the recess' of your victims mind and draw up their fears. Giving a glimpse into the power that controlling anothers' mind would have. But all of them a nice basis for the basics and some advanced ideas for genjutsu, each of them merely a stepping stone leading to greater jutsu and skill sets.

They'd go around questioning it and Maigo could rub in that he taught the Tsuchikage of all people! Then maybe spring his new little perception trick on them, all in his mind, it was an absolutely perfect scenario. Well, maybe it wasn't absolutely perfect but in his mind it certainly did seem foolproof and there was no way he wasn't going to flaunt it when all was said and done.

[702 words, 3777 words total]
[Exit Thread]

Training:

10Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Empty Re: Teaching the Master [Akira/No-kill] Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:47 pm

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira sat there listening to the young mans silence for a moment. He seemed to muse over the idea with little more than acknowledging he had heard it correctly. Akira could feel something in the air around them but likely it was little more than energy at this point. If the kid was bluffing him he couldn't really tell but that was mostly due to his own anxiety over it. Genjutsu to him was a deeply infectious thing. It could warp reality for others and yourself and bend the thought process of those touched by it forever. No amount of therapy could combat the kind of horrors genjutsu could come up with. Nor did it rely entirely on Akira's perception of it all. His own imagination wasn't a limit if the opponents was greater. Turning ones own mind on them was a benifit for sure. However he had been so preoccuppied with the physical combat and medical practices of every moment of his time in Iwagakure that all he had left for was sleeping, eating and dealing with politicians. Even teaching students was a rare occassion which had been turned into a training session for him as well. However soon Karumo would be arriving and that weight would be lifted from him. He would no longer be the Tsuchikage and all he would have was free time. A break from the physical training might do him some good anyway. After all his body still felt a little strained and soar from that 'friendly spar' he and Ayakashi had that would of obliterated anyone of lesser calibur. As a medic he knew his body needed time to heal. He could speed it up a little with medical jutsu but healing too fast might damage the muscle growth and damage what he gained from it. Already he knew he was stronger from it but he could grow stronger still if he was careful.

"Right! Well I have a few genjutsu that are easy to learn, rely a bit on subtlety, and will make a great base for expanding greater techniques and such. Four or Five spring to the top of my head, some with great versatility and all, others simple in concept. If that's all right with you?"

Akira would nod a little accepting the idea with some little reservations. Part of him wanted to race ahead and learn advanced techniques. However he was well aware of the fact that he couldn't do so without risking damaging his future with the skill. Basics were always a good cornerstone for building ones armory. So he would take what was given with thankfullness and humility. Still he would rise to his feet and bow to Maigo and turn to dress himself once more. Allowing Maigo to leave the way he had come. He supposed that removing his coat and tie had been less than required. The meeting had only taken a couple of minutes but he felt each had left an impression on the other. For him he could only hope the youthful Maigo had been impressed upon that he wasn't just a false idol for the masses and was actually knowledgable about what he knew. Akira was happy being the student again for the first time in what felt like forever but he had reservations as well. Maigo felt like he was too confident in his abilities and perhaps a little of it was warranted. However he had seen others like that. He had watched men and women burn themselves too hot. They had hurt themselves and others in their rise before the fall and he could only hope Maigo didn't go to far in his life. Hope the young man could control his ego enough to know what was too much. Otherwise he would end up hurting someone he hadn't wanted to and it would haunt him. A sad thing to happen to anyone but more so someone so young. Post traumatic stress disorder was not something you could slap a bandaid on.

Still he realized he had forgotten to inform the young man of where to meet him when he was ready. Honestly he figured he would be spending some time with Ayakashi but there was no guarantee of that. Still he knew that his place of residence was only known to a few for his own privacy and temporary. Had it been anyone else from his own village he wouldn't of hesitated to inform them of his location but this was new territory for him. Handing the Tsuchikage's address to the press was worth a few pennies. Causing trouble for the hotel was a bit rude if he wouldn't be there for long. His new residence was currently being constructed though it had been purchased mostly finished. One of those homes that were transported in two or three pieces. Of course his extensive needs had made it need to be four pieces so it would take a bit more than a day even with chakra enhanced workers to finish putting it together and getting the furniture in the two story home with an attic. However for the time being he would take care of providing Maigo a place to locate him. The young man was already gone but bringing him a message was an easy job for a messenger.

For now he moved from the roof to try and find the office for such a task. Almost gliding down from the rooftop as his coat fluttered behind him. Landing in a comfortable walking pace. Moving through the front doors to the administration building and looking around at the signs above each office. After a moments notice of being within an individual shinobi approached him and inquired of him what he was looking for and if they could help him find it. He smiled and asked where the messengers were. He was directed to the office for hiring one. A small office handing out missions to older and more mature shinobi that had never risen about genin. They were content with work that didn't endanger them but kept them employed. Some called them cowards but to Akira it was simply another profession one could choose. A way out of a warzone without becoming unemployed. He would inquire if they knew who Maigo was taking a moment before finding his profile and address. Once acknowledged that they could deliver a message to that location they let Akira write down his message and seal it in a letter designed only for Maigo to be able to open. He payed the fee which was little more than a D rank mission and turned to head home. He wasn't sure when Maigo would arrive at his doorstep. However he was eager to start. Either way Karumo would likely be there soon. He needed to get home anyway.

Exit thread

4000/4000 Genjutsu to B rank

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.