You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Clean the Library! [Kumo - D-Rank] Empty Clean the Library! [Kumo - D-Rank] Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:47 pm

Ai Tsukino

Ai Tsukino

D-rank
Ai's father had told her to begin preparing, that in itself meant one simple thing; her father expected her to earn the ryo needed to build her sword. Therefore she had must more enthusiasm towards cleaning then the average person would. Though, the fact that the place she was currently skipping towards was a library. Yup, eighteen years old and skipping, Ai sure didn't care what others thought of her.

It hadn't taken her that long to get there, one of the only places she knew like the back of her own hand was the library. She had been picked on as a child and one of the taunts was always that she should just move in with the fact that she was here all the time. And she probably would have, if allowed.

She skipped herself up the steps and bound through the doors in a flash. She ceased with her skipping, not wanting to come off as rude towards the little old lady whom she fondly knew as Aoi. She walked her way over to her, hands held behind her back with her fingers interlaced, and stopped a good ten or so feet from her, bouncing on her toes. "Hello Aoi, I was told you needed some help in cleaning, and well.. here I am!" She smiled widely, if not a bit psychotically.

Aoi beamed in happiness, causing the old woman's face to come across as even more wrinkled. "Oh, Ai. I'm so glad it's you that's come to help me and not some hooligan!", the woman said softly and sweetly. "Now there's a lot of work that needs done, deary. But, I don't want you to over do it and hurt yourself. Just do what you can and I'll try and finish up the rest."

'Not likely.', Ai thought to herself, she wasn't about to have Aoi lifting a finger when she was more then capable of doing it all herself. "Don't worry about it!" With that said she was off again, a skip of sorts in her step as she headed to the broom closet. Yup, no directions needed. She sure did spend an almost unhealthy amount of time in this place.

Large tall shelves meant one thing to a normal person; a ladder. But, seeing as there wasn't one, and Ai sure as hell wasn't a 'normal' person, she skipped trying to locate one of those and simply grabbed herself a decent bit of dusting clothes, and some wood cleaner.

Quick thinking gave her the best laid plan; she would start at the top of the higher up shelves and railings and then work her way down, this way if any dust or dirt were to fall it wouldn't land on a surface she had already cleaned.

She started at the top of the very highest set of shelves, having carefully climbed herself up there by using the thick shelves much like a ladder itself. She had her left elbow pressed against the bottom of the shelf, skin catching grip wise to keep her from falling backwards. In her left hand was the bottle of spray, in the right hand the rag. By slowly scooting herself down along the top of the shelf she cleaned; spray, wipe, respray as needed to make sure everything was cleaned and in tip top perfection.

Row after row was done like this. Every so often Ai would stop, peering over to the check out counter to make sure that Aoi was right where she left her. She didn't want the little old lady straining herself by trying to clean something to 'help' Ai.

Once the shelves and books on those shelves were dusted reached the ground and glanced over once more to check on Aoi. "Right where I left you..."

From there she turned to the tables, wiping and dusting each in turn. She even went so far as to wipe down the backs of the wooden chairs in case any unseen dust was trying to lurk about.

She even went further to dust and scrub down the window ledges. It was during this process that she heard the shrieking from around the bend. She took off instantly, leaving the spray bottle and dust clothes right where they were.

She came around the bend all ready for all kinds of hell only to be puzzled by Aoi's reactions. She was slamming a book down on the desk after a spider? She watched as the eight legged creature ran down over the side of the check out counter and onto the floor, heading straight towards a different sort of fate. Zaap! Down went the spider. Ai hadn't meant to do it, but she was a Tsukino after all... it just tended to happen all on its own.

"Oh, Ai! Thank you so much!", Aoi explained, holding her chest. "I was finishing sorting this stack of books when it jumped out of nowhere and landed right in front of me."

Ai gave a nod and a smile. "Well, lemme at least put those away for you..."

"Nonsense, dear, you're doing quite enough. I can do that on my own, you just finish up so you can go home and eat... you're withering away before my eyes it seems."

With a defeated sigh, knowing it was pointless to argue with her, she nodded and then proceeded to return to her dusting.

A few more window ledges and a good sweep of the floor later and she was finished. A glance to the window revealed what she'd been prone to ignoring all along; her perfectionist cleaning had caused the whole task to take a good four hours or so at least.

Returning to the check out counter she found Aoi writing down what she assumed to be new arrivals. "'m finished!", she explained in a soft whisper, not wanting to startle the woman.

"Ah, good, deary. Thanks you. I'm sure it'll need dusted again soon. Don't hesitate to come back and help me." With that Aoi chuckled and then waved.

Ai gave a nod and then walked to the door, opened it, shut it, and proceeded to skip the entire way to her next location: check in.

Once satisfied that they knew her task was complete, and paid for her deeds she set off in search of another task for her doing.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.