You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Reaching for new heights (Suka-No kill) Empty Reaching for new heights (Suka-No kill) Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:34 am

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira had started off the morning with the usual paper work. Some Irish coffee to wake up and then on with the usual. A sigh left his lips as he walked into his office holding a steaming mug with the morning brew and his golden eyes set on the stack of papers. The offices downstairs were useful for thinning that pile but the individuals down there lacked confidence when denying anything. They passed up anything that might have a chance of passing and Akira always had to play the bad guy. He ran a free hand through his hair His thick brown mane falling back into place as if held there by some unseen force. His bangs just hanging around his right left eye but somehow not falling into his gaze while the rest of his hair was slicked back hanging just above his shoulders. His beard was trimmed like two forks but all of it seemed to sit well on him. His clothing was the usual. Black slacks with a dark green button up shirt tucked into his belt/pants. Dark dress boots and socks decorated his feet while his black tie was buttoned into his shirt to keep it locked down. A tan vest rested buttoned up over the bottom half of the tie anyway. His coat hung on a hanger with his twin daggers tucked into it next to his desk. That coat and those daggers had cost him more then a dozen suits worth to be honest but that was his little secret.

Still he moved across the office to sit in the red leather chair behind his stone desk. The carvings in it depicting an ancient war with roman legions versus the English wild warriors. Framed around it was thorned roses wrapped around a series of fallen heroes of legend. He assumed they were lifting them but art could be interpreted more by the viewer then the owner. Either way it was a fairly brilliant piece. Still he sipped his coffee before turning on his lap top. It booted up slowly and by the time his log in popped up he had downed half his mug. He quietly typed in his password before placing his hand on the screen to let it identify his chakra and log him in. His background popped up as a beach somewhere...suna he thought based on the sunny sands. Still he opened his email and viewed his schedule for the day. It appeared his offices had finally gotten the memo about him wanting an assistant and it was within the office budget. They had already set up a couple dozen interviews for the day. The first of which was to be arriving within the hour. Cheeky bastards giving him so little notice.

His eyes closed as he felt the numb buzz of the irish part of the coffee comforting him while the coffee finished waking him up. Still he yawned before he finished his cup and went over to the liquor cabinet to rinse the mug out and set it to the side. He was curious about what kind of interviews the lower offices had arranged for him. Likely some educated folks but none that he would consider a step above the rest. He needed someone who understood things from a shinobi's point of view. He grinned a little to himself as he considered a bit of a test. His yellow eyes glinting with mischief. He could weed out the civilians easily enough. Not many would climb a mountain for a simple job. The economy was well enough off that it wasn't hard to find work. However getting up a mountain would be basic exercise for a shinobi. He chuckled as he collected his coat and daggers and slipped them on. He pulled out his gold framed Ozzy glasses with purple lenses from his inner coat pocket and slipped them on before heading to his secretaries counter. He smiled to her before he spoke with his silver tongue to her.

"Darling, how good to see you this fine morning...you know of my appointments I assume" Akira said with a sly smile.

"Obviously...its my job...And I will remind you that calling me darling is going to get you burned...Can I help you with something else?" She said with an obvious look of impatience.

"Well actually...I will be heading to Tengoku mountain and golfing off of Supia cliff. I will need you to inform my guard and my appointments of the location if you would. Tell them not to bother rescheduling. If they want the job they have to make the hike before dusk. I assume that will weed out the weaker of the lot. Hand me the scroll labeled vacation package three if you would." Akira said with a smile. He watched the woman sigh before reaching behind her and pulling out the requested scroll. She handed it to him with a frown before he nodded his head and took the elevator out. He pocketed the scroll into his inner coat pocket before the floors dinged away all the way to the first floor. The first floor was of course busy with all sorts of traffic as all the offices were open now and people needed licences and missions and such. He was rather relieved he had created these offices to begin with. Still it was certainly crowded. His Anbu guard saw him as he stepped out of the elevator though. However his guard frowned as he saw Akira smile in a way that shouted he was up to no good. A full set of white teeth and a wink behind the glasses before Akira stepped. One moment he was on one side of the first floor and the other he had made it all the way to the front door. His guard sighed out a curse before he too began to make his way to the door through the throng of people. He had received the text so he knew where the Tsuchikage was heading but he still didn't like falling behind like this. Akira was just not one to slow down for others.

Akira sped across the town with ease though with a chuckle as he left his guard and the offices behind. He knew the dangers of being out there alone but he was eager to get to his destination and have a bit of fun for the day. In no time he was out of the village with little more then a dust cloud in his wake. His speed was as such that no one under chunnin was even following the face that he passed. A mere breeze to them. A blur to chunnin but a spec Jounin had a chance of telling who it was. If the guard charging in the same direction a couple of minutes later didn't give that away. Within an hour Akira made it to the mountain and began to leap along the simple spots to identify as he made his way up to said cliff. It was there that he set out the scroll and activated it. Out of the scroll a puff of smoke revealed a lawn chair with an umbrella over it and a cooler with some scotch and a couple of glasses embedded in ice. A couple hundred golf balls were in a bag with a tee or two and a bag of golf clubs. He took off his coat and hung it over the back of the chair before setting the tee near the cliff edge and picking the 9 iron and the bag of balls and setting up the first ball. It was there he would wait as he practiced his swing and sent ball after ball flying off into the mountain range were there was no way they could be recovered. After all with that much strength behind the swing and that height the balls would sail for some time.

Sukā

Sukā

D-rank
The night moon was hanging over the earth, shining on the home that was left to the lonely genin known as Sukā. It was a grey house, small and cosy with wooden walls on inside, the moon's light shone on the roof while Sukā was kept deep in sleep. In Sukā's dream walked through the house, his small place, left to him from his mother, he scanned the walls and the ceiling for any signs. He had no idea if he safe or not, or even why he was there, he had believed he was asleep, the moment he looked dead ahead of his path, out of the window of the house, past the wooden frames and into the trees, he noticed a glowing pair of red eyes creep out of the darkness and shadows. Sukā remained in place as he watched a man he had never seen before wander out of the darkness, approaching Sukā's window before vanishing. Sukā turn around in an instant, and there stood his mother, her black hair reaching down to her shoulders while she stood in her white dress. As Sukā watched, shock filled his face as he saw red wash over the dress, a torrent of blood coming from her chest, and the blood stained knife in her hand. Sukā awoke, breathing heavily as he looked around in a panic, looking for those hellish red eyes that haunted his dream. Sukā placed his hands on his forehead, "Gods, that was..." He shook his head from side to side, trying to get the thoughts out of his mind, the image of that his mother. Such a nightmare had always scared this once fearless man, even since that day, twelve years ago. He fell back, heading back to sleep, placing his arms under his pillows as he returned to his slumber, hoping for a dreamless rest.

Sukā yawned as he slowly raised his head off of his pillow. His eyes slowly opened, showing the blurry light peering through the window. The blur started to clear as he shook his head from side to side, clearing his mind of the nightmares from last night, the sights of his mother, killing herself again, the sights of a stranger outside. Sukā tapped his forehead lightly with the palm of his head, his head aching, "Ugghhh... Owww... My head..." He quietly spoke in his low, styled, voice. He moved the blanket off of himself and tossed it to the side as he sat up, on his bed, the silky white sheets between his fingers. His eyes wandered back to his pillow, wanting to return to sleep, however, he had other plans for today's main events. The day before he had gotten word of a job opening, a job he might excel at. It was for an assistant position, but not for just anyone, but for the Tsuchikage himself. Sukā lifted his hand up, running it through his black hair, moving it back as he lowered his head and looked down. He removed his hand and let his hair fall back into place, letting it fall against his face, coming down near his ears.

Sukā picked himself up, dropping his feet to the cold wooden floor, he slowly lifted his body up off of the bed. He looked over to the pile of clothes he had cleaned the day before and set out for himself to wear for this day, "This'll be one hell of an interesting day." He spoke to himself quietly as he wandered over to the pile of clothes and picked them up. He wore a choker around his throat and matching armbands on both upper arms. Sukā wore a sleeveless shihakushō, and has his a tattoo of his clan's symbol on his upper right shoulder, on the other arm, almost parallel is his headband, placed there to show he is still a Ninja of Iwagakure. He made his way over to the mirror and looked at himself, seeing the two tattoos, the blue stripe and those numbers, in honour of his cousin, Shintaro. Sukā ran a finger down each of the three scars on the right side of his face, watching himself carefully in the mirror. Next to the mirror is where Sukā kept his smaller weapons, his Kunai and his Senbons, just in case it would be needed, he took his Kunai and placed it in a specialized holder attached to the belt around his shihakusho. He looked back at himself in the mirror, ready to say a few words, from an ancient text that he has come to quote, still, he fears his own power, he had come to adopt the verse as his own motto, "In the sea without lees. Standeth the bird of Hermes. Eating his wings variable. And maketh himself yet full stable. When all his feathers be from him gone. He standeth still here as a stone. Here is now both white and red. And all so the stone to quicken the dead. All and some without fable. Both hard and soft and malleable. Understand now well and right. And thank you God of this sight. The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame." Sukā turned from the mirror, looking away after speaking in his low, depressive tone.

Sukā walked through his house, opening the door and slowly walking out onto the dirt road. Each step he makes, his sandals left a imprint on the ground, the only sound being that of his feet, meeting the ground before pushing off of the dirt. He movements took him further into the village, he didn't really live too far from the Kage's office but the area in which he lived tended to be quiet on days such as these. Within a few minuites, he had made his way to the Kage's office. His eyes looked up to the building, taking in it's glory, remembering what he had read about it through the ancient history books, Sukā slowly moved towards it, his eyes falling back down to the door as he placed his hand on it. He opened the door and made his way into the building, to the secretary. "Um, Fantomusōdo, Sukā. I have am here for an interview with the Kage." The secretary explained to Sukā where the Tsuchikage was, that he was on the mountain, relaxing and that if he still wanted the job, his only chance would be to make a trip to the mountain. Sukā gave the secretary a bow before turning around and making his way out of the building.

Sukā had started to make his way to the Tsuchikage's location, by this point a few hours had passed, and Sukā had made it to the base of the mountain. He looked up and let out a slight sigh before placing a hand on the side of the oversized rock and started to climb. After a few minutes of lifting himself up and jumping from one rock to another, Sukā made it up, deciding to go the more difficult way up then what there was available. He brushed himself off, removing the collected dust before taking the air into his lungs. His eyes began to scan the area, looking for signs of the Tsuchikage, within a few seconds Sukā, with his ace eye managed to notice two things, the first being the top of an umbrella and the second being a speeding golf ball sore up to the stars. Sukā began to make his way to who he believed to be the Tsuchikage, "Lord Tsuchikage?" He asked as he began to come closer, "I am Sukā of the Fantomusōdo Clan. I am here for the interview."

Word Count: 1,298

Last edited by Sukā on Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira quietly set about preparing his golf set as he waited. He calmly pushed the thick stem of the tee into the rock under it. It felt secure enough. After all he was competent enough to measure the length of his swing and hit the ball instead of the tee. It was certainly an interesting game but he would wait and see how much stress relief it provided. Still he fetched the first ball of many to be lost into the sky and planted it on top of its spot on the tee. Even with a breeze, which was ever present and chilly at these heights, the ball never seemed to really move from the spot it was set. Satisfied with it he moved back and hoisted the cover off his 9 iron and grinned a little to himself. Yanking it out of the case as he spun it between his fingers before catching it and sliding it up with a tiny toss and catching it at the last moment by the grip. He really was enjoying the fresh air. Still he moved to the ball and peered over the mountain range. Nothing seemed to really move out there other then goats. His guard was about he was sure of that but the man knew not to be in the pathways of his swing. After vaguely confirming the lack of possible victims in the range he squared his feet to his shoulders and gripped the 9 iron firmly. He made a couple of practice swings to perfect his form before he took a real swing. The club hit the ball with a clash that resembled thunder rolling across the skies. One moment the little white ball was there and next some of its paint chips were scattered around the club and the ball was already out of sight to probably fly for some considerable distance.

Still after a couple dozen shots his attention was drawn to an approaching figure. He quietly placed his club across his shoulders and rested his hands over the bar as he watched with golden eyes through purple lenses. He grinned in a way that seemed to be both amused and curious as the individual made their way to him. They moved like a shinobi...sort of. It lacked something to it....experience maybe. Still that didn't really matter. He had figured when he made the challenge to reach him climbing a mountain a shinobi would be the one to take it up. He was simply surprised that one was applying for such a laid back position. Truth be told he was bored most of the time anyway, Not like he missed risking his life frequently for someone else's goals and usually their coin purse. He just missed crossing his power against that of another. Too many were either scared to take on a Kage or they just didn't want to risk injuring one. It was a pity but he lived with it. Still the young man introduced himself once he was in comfortable range. A range that he was sure had his guard nervous. Still he only kept a guard because people kept insisting on it. Still the kid introduced himself as a member of the Fantomusōdo clan. One he had some personal experience with. His right hand lifted from the club and pulled down the glasses from his face to take in the purple eyes of the boy across from him. That Dojutsu that had his interest. So the clan was filling the ranks more and more...or was this one just now getting into the shinobi life? After you graduate the academy what you do with your time is up to you. Remaining at genin was fine. Still when Akira spoke his words were like silk on the ears.

"That you are. Alright then, You can tell me about yourself while you launch off a few balls yourself. Trust me its fantastic stress relief."

Akira moved up to the kid and shifted the club to hand it to him in passing. He didn't seem bothered about handing someone a weapon alone on a cliff with him. Yet it wasn't some level of idleness. His guard wasn't even a little towards faltering. His yellow gaze seemed to measure the kid up in passing the moment he passed the club off. Something about being so close just whispered of pure power from the man. Maybe it was how he held himself or that all seeing gaze. Maybe it was just his aura but it was clear in a second if anyone tried him they would eat that club. All of it. Still Akira just smiled and moved over to his chair. Stopping at the cooler to open it and pour himself a scotch. Then he would close the cooler and settle into his seat. He would breath in the smell of the liquid before sipping at it with a satisfied smile before pushing his glasses back up over his eyes hiding those golden orbs from view. Still Suka would be able to feel Akira watching him.

"Alright then. Tell me about yourself. Getting to the interview was only half the battle. I wanna know about who you are and what brought you here."

Sukā

Sukā

D-rank
Sukā watched the guard, a brief thought in his mind appearing, making him think that he might be in trouble. He returned his eyes to the Kage, keeping himself calm, he could hear the Kage's words "That you are. Alright then, You can tell me about yourself while you launch off a few balls yourself. Trust me its fantastic stress relief." these caused him to relax, knowing he was not it trouble. Sukā let out a sigh and walked over to the Kage as he moved closer. Sukā took the club in hand, placing his right hand in front of his left, keeping a tight grip of the club. "Alright then. Tell me about yourself. Getting to the interview was only half the battle. I wanna know about who you are and what brought you here." Akira had spoken. After hearing those words, Sukā swallowed and nodded before letting out a light and calm sigh.

Sukā could feel a kind of aura around the Kage, he already had a sense of how strong Akira would be, after all he is a Kage and he heard all kinds of tales from the great man. 'This could be interesting.' He thought to himself, relaxing his hands and removing his left from the club to start placing golf balls. "Um... Well..." He placed his hand back into position and took a firm grip on the club again, before swinging it, "Well, I am a Shinobi, as you probably know, I started a few years ago, however an incident happened, and I could not see myself living that life for the time." As he spoke, the ball was launched into the air, going a few meters before dropping, not going even a fraction of the distance of that of Akira's. Sukā moved to the next ball, "A family member passed away, so I decided to study instead of become a Shinobi. It was worth it I guess but I onl-" He used to the club to hit another ball, sending it a similar distance away. "-y got back into being a Shinobi so I can use what my cousin taught me before he vanished." At that point he remembered the nightmare, and his saying, 'The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.' he repeated in his head as it brought comfort when he remembered the past. "But" He turned back to the Kage, "I am here because I want to help the Village, best way I can do that at my current level is to help you by being your assistant, which, sir, would be an honor." He gave a light bow to show honor to the Kage, to show respect. He rose again and gripped the club, turning and shooting off another golf ball a few meters away. "I may not look strong, probably am not too strong either, at the moment, but I want to work to it. I want to get stronger, and learn what my cousin did not." He let out softly as he placed the club on the bag and looked back to Akira.

Word Count: 523
Total Count: 1,821

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira watched with some interest as the young man took the club from him and began to set up. He had figured that the sport was a fairly rare concept in these parts but the young man got the jist of the concept all the same. He showed vigor, intelligence and some level of class. If nothing else he was obviously a cut above the average in a lot of ways. The concept of such a person was intriguing to him to say the least. He sipped his drink as he watched with his usual golden gaze and analyzed the boy. His body shifted in his seat to place one ankle across his knee as he sat back. The umbrella keeping the sun off his face as he smiled. The balls virtually ignored as his eyes never left the young man. He could tell they hadn't gotten far based on his immense sense of hearing picking up the clatter of them far below. He truly had no idea where his own had landed but he wasn't exactly a genin either. Still even if he was physically on the low scale for the moment he was certainly not just another pawn to be moved.

Akira listened as the boy took another swing. The grip on the club was peculiar in its own way. Someone who held a weapon had a slightly different way of holding objects then others. Still just based on that he couldn't tell what type of weapon the boy practiced with. The fact that he was unarmed also made that difficult. Than again, who came to a job interview boasting a sword? Especially with a political figure head. It was a side thought that seemed to ring in his mind but it was enough for now to figure him as a weapons specialist...maybe...Akira had weapons too but he would hardly consider himself a specialist. Still he was dragged from the thought as the young man bowed and showed some latent respect before returning to his last shot. This one Akira watched soar out over the cliff and beyond before his eyes snapped back to the boy and he tilted his head. Swirling his drink a moment he breathed it in before taking his last sip. Then he would casually cup the glass in his hand by the base and hold it out to the young man. Holding it like he was expecting something as he spoke. His words passively soothing in nature as his voice seemed to relax anyone who heard him. It was easy to understand how he had made it so far politically.

"Be a gent and pour me another would you? Drink one yourself if you wish. As for your history. I won't deny in my youth I fled from my own disasters. However that was a mistake at the time. Still it gave me a life lesson that provided my position in life that I have arrived at now. It is good that you stopped running from whatever happened. The will of stone is to never give up. Fight for what we must fight for. If we must win we don't try to win, we refuse to lose even if the gods rain down death upon us. If we must protect, nothing can get passed our might even if hells gates open and its unholy horde falls upon us in burning waves. And if you must punish evil, you must not give them chance to flee...We put them down so hard no living creature can find the remains. In that regard My first of two questions arises. What weapon do you wield? If you work for me you will carry it at all times as you will undoubtedly become a target. The second question is, you stated you studied in your time away from your duties, what all did you learn?"

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Thread closed due to inactivity.

Training
1616/9000 Medical to SS
http://www.narutosaga.com/t17487-what-is-dead-may-never-die-private-akirank#149766

+2875
4491/9000 Medical to SS

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.