You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
The sun rose high in the sky over Iwagakure as Harichimo was wrapping up a slower day of chores around the clinic. He was out finishing his task of making sure the rock garden was all in order. He was satisfied that he had made sure every grain of sand was in the exact right place since he had been doing the same task the past couple of days instead of training. With every swipe of the rack he had felt the urge to just put it back in the shed and head out to get back into his regime. He had been away from his usual training routine ever since he came back from the mission helping Karumo and Raishi take down a gang of criminals on the bridge. He could feel the rust begin to develop on his skills and and joints. He desperatly felt the need to get out and do something rather than sit and do his chores at the clinic.

And now that he was finally done, he could do just that. Harichimo took his rake and placed it back into the shed making sure to put it back where it belonged and made for the shortest way back to his room. When he got back to his room he went to his wash basin and wiped away the sweat from his face while looking into the mirror. Man it feels like it has been so long since I actually went out to train. I haven't heard anything from Akira sensei or Karumo in a long while. Maybe today I can get myself back on track. I don't think anyone is going to be at the coliseum today, I might be able to grab some solo time and get on track. Harichimo ran his wet hands through his hair to get whatever grains of sand out he could. When he was satisfied he was clean enough to go out he threw on a new shirt and grabbed a roll of bandage from his drawer.

With that Harichimo grabbed his jacket and taped up his forearms like he always had done since he began his ninja journey. He made his way through the halls of the clinic and waved goodbye to his parents who were both buys dealing with patients suffering from small bruises. His brother and sister were both coming of the age where they could be tasked more around the clinic. His brother was fetching supplies from rooms on the other side of the building and bringing them where they had to go. His sister was working with the elder women making sutures and cloths for bandages. Harichimo remembered all to clearly when he had to do those medial tasks that ensured everything around the clinic would run smoothly. Every person had their role they had to fill and every task made it easier for everyone to do their job at the clinic. Even if a single person didn't do what they were assigned, then it would trickle down to everyone making their days harder as well.

With his duties done and family informed, Harichimo started his walk to the coliseum. A training ground he was familiar with when he and his sensei had first practiced his most used moves of taijutsu for which he was trying to build off of to make more powerful techniques. He had enjoyed his training there and thought it would make the perfect spot to reignite his passion to continue his training.

When Harichimo arrived at the coliseum he paused at the huge open doors and admired at the architecture that has stood for years as a safe house for the villagers. Strong impenetrable walls and giant statues of past fighters created an image of pure awe. Harichimo felt a warm feeling rush up in his chest. He could feel his passion for training finally reignite. He walked through the giant doors and took the first right to a big chamber where a couple groups of training dummies were kept in storage when no one was using them. He picked out a sturdier one and threw his jacket into a pile against the wall. He squared up to the dummy and started at a quarter of his full speed to run down his combos. He would keep his ears open for anyone that might walk in and want to use the dummy he was as it seemed to be the most sturdy of the bunch.

750/750

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Karumo awoke that day bright eyed and ready to take the day on, he had gotten word from Lord Akira that soon he and Harichimo would be taking on a diplomatic mission to Suna. Basically to argue on behalf of the village and open up trade negotiations and sign deals between Iwagakure and Sunagakure. He wanted to get some more training done before he headed off to take on his mission and he also wanted to meet with Harichimo and go over some of their plan, and possibly work on some tactics and build some of their teamwork. Going through his normal routine, he took his time getting ready, there was no reason to rush today and he took it easy throughout the morning. Going through his breakfast and morning studies rather slowly, he decided to take some classes at the university and that was keeping him slightly busy but he enjoyed the constant challenge of expanding his mind and learning new things. Only going to his class a few times a week it left him mostly open, and with his new mission he got the time off but would have to stay ahead on his coursework on his own time and be ready to make anything up.

After spending a few hours of the early afternoon in his studies he packed up his things and prepared to head off, in aims of finding Harichimo and meeting him to break down their mission and see if he had the free time to do some training. As he headed out into the village he headed straight for the clinic that his family ran, he wondered how involved he was, maybe he would get to see him at work when he got there. Walking through the village and taking his time, hands in pockets and wearing his normal attire of dark jeans, a gray t-shirt and his black jacket, he made his way to the clinic and entered inside. Poking his head in first he came upon a boy and a girl, younger than him for sure and helping out where they seemed able. Are these Hari's younger siblings? he wondered to himself as he began to walk in, he had a brother at one point although he never really got to know him. Smiling he greeted them Hey, I'm looking for Harichimo, he wouldn't happen to be around today, would he? he asked, as the two younger ones sat there an older woman turned the corner and called out. Oh no, he took off for training or something, check at the Coliseum, I think that's where he said he was headed off to. Karumo bowed his head and thanked them then headed off, it was interesting to meet his family, especially without him there. He definitely considered dropping by more often, if not to do anything but annoy Hari while he was at work.

After exiting the clinic he headed off for the Coliseum, the next place that he might be at, another brisk walk there as he headed in that direction. He still felt no need to rush anything, as it was only now beginning to head into the afternoon. As he reached the coliseum he pushed past the huge doors, he forgot how big this place really is as he entered and began to look around. To the side of the arena he saw his friend, Harichimo, working on beating the stuffing out of one of the training dummies and practicing his own taijutsu. Karumo smiled as he walked towards him, Always working so hard, wonder how long he's been at it. he thought to himself as he closed in. You know, you might be better off throwing the dummy and then hitting, most enemies won't sit still while you kick their ass! he shouted upon entering. He chuckled to himself after as he walked towards him, I don't know if you've heard or not but fairly soon we'll be heading on another mission, this time out of the country. I wanted to stop by and fill you in if you didn't know and then I had a request after that. he said as he got within speaking distance of him.

He would wait to see what he had on the mission and fill him in if need be but he quickly went on to his next point, [color=#ff0000]I wanted to ask a bit of a personal favor. First off, I want you to help me practice my taijutsu skills. I know have none as it is right now, but I may have some students of my own in the near future, and they may have some taijutsu tendencies of their own, so if you'd be so obliged I'd love to go with a little no jutsu, taijutsu only spar?[color] he smiled and scratched his back as he said it. He wasn't sure that Harichimo would jump onto the idea but he imagined that at the very least, a moving target would beat a standing dummy. He stood there waiting for Harichimo to give him some indication of what they were going to do, or listen to any suggestions he had of his own.

[882 words]

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Harichimo decided to give one last burst of a full speed combo to the training dummy to finish his set. With a burst of speed he delivered a quick right cross punch, followed with a left uppercut, chaining another jab with a hard uppercut to the base of the dummies chin. When he finished the combo he heard a familiar voice enter the room and give a little advice on his training method. With a smile Harichimo turned to see Karumo had found his way into the Coliseum as well. "Yeah, it would make for much more exciting training but no need to go full power on more of a warm up routine." Harichimo said with a casual shrug as he went to grab a canteen from his coat pocket taking a swig of water to keep himself hydrated. As he did Karumo asked if he knew anything about the mission they were being asked to go on. "I know only what Akira sensei's aides will tell me on paper. He seems to be getting quite a bit busier with all of this buzz about the mission. I know for sure I am to go with you to make sure you get there and back safe and sound. What better of a test for the student of the tsuchikage?" He asked with a little laugh. "If it is as big as his aides make it out to be then it will surely be a big help in creating more connections with the other villages."

Harichimo finished off the canteen and tucked it back away into his jacket as Karumo came closer to ask a favor of him. A little insight on what taijutsu really is and how Harichimo could give him some tips to help him translate it to future students, and maybe a little spar to drive the message home. Harichimo thought to himself. He surly has been up to a lot while I have been busy at the clinic. Accelerating on the fast track to becoming a spec jounin of the village and already talking about taking on students. Karumo, you sure are on driven individual. Harichimo looked and gave a smile to his ally as he replied. "Sure, it would be a pleasure to give you what insight I can on taijutsu. You may have a sharp shiny sword but even that will be lost to time with rust and dulling from usage. Your flesh and bones only get stronger and keep their rigidity the more you use them. I see your bukijutsu as using a weapon as an extension of your body correct? Well taijutsu, there is no extension to your body, just your physical being, every part of your body is a weapon or shield. Then your ninjutsu allows you to bend chakra around you and influence it to your needs. With taijutsu, you learn to push your chakra through all the path ways of your body to give yourself every edge you can in a fight. A simple gathering of chakra in my finger tips could allow me enhance my grip and rip the weapons from an unaware opponenet. Or a concentration in the sole of my foot could be enough to stop the rush of a much bigger opponent. When it comes to fighting hand to hand, the person who can move their chakra through their body and exploit a weakness in the up close and personal side of a fight will most likely live another day. That kind of help you look into the world of taijutsu? Its mostly stuff I've picked up from when the instructors and my father would train me to become more at one with the fighting side of the clan since I have more of a knack for medical ninjutsu ever since I was young. But thanks to Akira sensei bringing me into his squad I have started to really become a tuned to being a physical and medical threat in any situation."

As Karumo would absorb the information Harichimo would make sure his arm bandages were still tight as he always fashioned them to be after he went full speed on the training dummy. Then when Karumo was done contemplating the information Harichimo would speak again. "As for your little spar idea. I would have no problem with it. I would really enjoy seeing how much you have improved while I have been busy. We won't have to go full force if you don't want to. But I can try to show you at any speed how a user can poke holes against and opponent who lacks training in taijutsu. So what do you think" He asked holding the same grin on his face waiting and Karumo's answer. He would let Karumo make the first move as he entered his fighting stance holding his bandaged arms up in a cross guard.

820/1570

Last edited by Harichimo on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Karumo watched him finish out his combination and go grab his water to take a short breather, as he asked him if he had heard about their mission coming up he seemed to not know too much in depth. "I know only what Akira sensei's aides will tell me on paper. He seems to be getting quite a bit busier with all of this buzz about the mission. I know for sure I am to go with you to make sure you get there and back safe and sound. What better of a test for the student of the tsuchikage? If it is as big as his aides make it out to be then it will surely be a big help in creating more connections with the other villages." They both chuckled at the last part, it seemed that they were on the same page as far as that was concerned. Karumo smiled as he spoke plainly, Well you seem to know the just of it, at least what you're responsible for. The idea is to go speak to Sunagakure and help seal the deal on some trade agreements, simple stuff really that would end up boosting the village economy and give our village an in later down the road when we might need help or to possibly form an alliance. He thought back to the classes he was taking, focusing on economics and political sciences, he had wanted to expand his mind and become an important part of the village in it's affairs. But that's what he had hoped to do, become the foundation of the village's mind and serve as a diplomat in many regards. Harichimo seemed to be taking on the role of a traditional shinobi, focusing on his taijutsu and medical ninjutsu skills to become one of the best shinobi in the village.

As Hari set down his canteen and turned his attention he began to prepare his thoughts and gather his words. Something he appreciated, as he began to weave together his thoughts and begin to provide insight into the world of taijutsu. It was great the way he went through his speech, with passion and intensity, letting his words form after some thought instead of just memorizing some prepared speech or some generic wisdom on the topic. It reminded him of the professors and guest lecturers at the university, it was a trait he appreciated, it made him think about how he might be a good teacher one day. Might be time he found some students of his own to teach as well, and to help prepare the village, his passion and fondity of his skills certainly gave him an edge to anyone else. He had known most of what Harichimo was talking about already, his problem was not so much that he couldn't flow chakra through his body but that he had no instinct for fighting a person directly. As Harichimo wrapped up his speech he turned to Karumo for some signal of understanding, I get what you're saying, chakra flow is the most important part and I could probably do that if I put the time into it, but the part with having the instinct to fight with your hands escapes me for the most part. he said chuckling and rubbing the back of his head. I just want to work on building that instinct and becoming a good fighter, even if I don't channel chakra or things like that. he waited to see if Harichimo understood what he was asking, it was rather embarrassing for him to admit that he didn't have one of the most basic instincts of a shinobi. Even basic taijutsu of the lowest rank was something most ninja were at least proficient in but Karumo had never spent much time on it, and even in his days in the academy was less than par when compared to the other kids.

"As for your little spar idea. I would have no problem with it. I would really enjoy seeing how much you have improved while I have been busy. We won't have to go full force if you don't want to. But I can try to show you at any speed how a user can poke holes against and opponent who lacks training in taijutsu. So what do you think" he heard his words and removed his jacket and sword and tossed them next to his. Falling to the ground in a crumbled mess and his sword and sheathe falling a top of it, he began to stretch his neck and arms and turned towards Hari. The both of them smiling now he called out, Yeah, the spar would be perfect. I won't use any jutsu if you don't though but kunai and shuriken are fine with me if you have them. he said as he took a few steps back and readied himself. He knew that 1 on 1 against Harichimo was a bit crazy but he was hoping he could pick up a few things. He readied himself and off set his feet to balance himself out, he debated letting Harichimo attack first but he knew that he needed to keep up the attack as long as he had the chance. Once he was ready he would launch forward and leave the ground for a moment letting a mild spinning kick go for Harichimo's head.

[913 words, 1795 words total]

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Harichimo stayed on his guard as Karumo made his requests which he was glad to abide by. "I won't be using any techniques in this exchange to keep us on as much even ground as possible. As for tools, I think it would be a nice way to keep things interesting if you feel so inclined." Harichimo watched as Karumo seemed to hold his ground as he stood in his guard. I know you aren't scared Karumo, you're smart, going to try and get the upper hand and make me work for it. Then Karumo used a burst of speed and gave himself a huge leap to try and execute a leaping kick. He is shockingly a lot faster then last time. So it may not be as one sided as I thought. With enough room to counter Harichimo put up a arms to soften the blow of the kick, Harichimo could feel Karumo's kick was maybe about as strong as his and he didn't feel any worse for wear. Then with a fluid motion Harichimo put his hand on Karumo's foot and gave him a push back to try and give them the same amount of distance as they started at.

"Good strong opening. Always nice for against an unaware or stunned opponent to try and end fight or gain an advantage. Now that you have shown me your cards so to speak, let me show you what I'm holding" With a burst of his own Harichimo tried to close the distance and when he got close enough he would roll and spin to try and deliver a sweeping kick, whether it hit or not Harichimo planned to keep his momentum and bring his body up to a almost hand stand and bring his leg down for an axe kick to bring him back to standing up in front of his opponent.

320/1890

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Karumo's kick was headed on target but easily blocked, he knew that something that simple and obvious to see wouldn't catch Hari off guard. For the brief moment he was in the air, he watched Harichimo take hold of his foot and send him flying back, coming down on his legs and pushing off the ground and using his hand to drag himself as well. He ended up a little bit shorter than the distance they started at, he looked up towards Hari as he called out, "Good strong opening. Always nice for against an unaware or stunned opponent to try and end fight or gain an advantage. Now that you have shown me your cards so to speak, let me show you what I'm holding." he said then shot forward towards Karumo.

Karumo couldn't help but smile as he shot forward, he dug into his stance and shifted his body-weight backwards as he came at him. He quickly rolled on the ground and began to sweep around with his leg, intended to catch him off guard and jar him from his stance. But he wouldn't give in as he brought his knees to his chest and hoped over his kick to avoid losing his footing, but in the same motion Harichimo would show him how good he really was. Continuing in his slide and coming to his hands, he brought himself up and began to bring his foot downwards on top of Karumo. The only thing he could do at this point was cross his arms and bear the weight of the hit to his forearms and come crashing back down to the ground. Landing on the small of his back, his kick was no more powerful than one Karumo could deliver on his own but he wasn't sure he was as used to taking hits like this. Using his arms to push Harichimo backwards, in some attempt to disorient him as he fell backwards, he then rolled backwards off his back and shoulders and lept to his feet. He debated drawing his kunai so that he could add to the intensity of the battle, but he was still learning and to turn this into an all out spar so quickly would be pointless.

As he came to a stop he quickly charged at Hari again, this time he wasn't going to let the pair separate so easily. He was beginning to see first hand how good Harichimo really was, his flexibility and his instinct to keep his movements going, not wasting anything in his combinations. That was exactly the type of thing Karumo wanted to see and learn from in their bout. As he would come upon Harichimo he would jump from his stance and send his knee forward, hoping he could catch him with a powerful knee kick, while also keeping his hands like a mitten above his chest so that he could catch any counter attacks that might be thrown. He was about to switch his plan to a more conservative-aggressive approach, sending his attacks first but leaving him with less room to counter his moves in the end.

[532 words, 2327 words total]

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Harichimo felt his sweeping leg miss it's mark as Karumo had leaped up to avoid being sent off guard. No problem, lets keep going to get back to neutral footing and give him something else to think about. Harichimo let his motions bring him to his hands and his body weight gave his foot more force when he felt it connect with Karumo's cross guard and brought him back down to the ground with a thud. Keeping these fluid techniques might just be what I need to turn things in my favor. Harichimo felt Karumo's hands on his legs grip and push him the other way to throw off his balance. Harichimo didn't expect it but he had to roll and tuck himself and end up on one knee facing Karumo at a distance. We may match in strength but Karumo can easily out maneuver me. He isn't used to seeing his hands and feet as actual weapons with his training in sword play. Well I'll teach him what these tools can really do.

Harichimo watched as Karumo contemplated his next move and rose back to his feet but before he could bring up his guard Karumo launched the attack. Karumo had gotten close before throwing a knee strike. With this close of distance and no cue Harichimo had no time to react to the strike and felt a solid thud connect to his side but with his training of endurance he was able to take it relatively well and fight through. This might be the chance I need. He thought to himself as he grabbed Karumo's leg and held it to his side. He quickly tried to twist and use Karumo's force to throw him in the same direction. If he could throw him off Harichimo would be quick to launch his counter and try to pinch a key nerve in the neck and slow down Karumo's blood flow to the brain and make him a little sluggish.

338/2228

Attempting to use
Neck Pinch:

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Karumo closed the gap and hit Harichimo with a solid thud, now he needed to keep the momentum of his hit going and he could really turn the tide. At least, that's what he knew of taijutsu, that once one strike is landed it needed to be followed up again to force the attack and open up a finishing move. Only in this case he wasn't looking to finish Harichimo, as the battle slowed for a second, both of them taking in their next moves and Karumo starting to bring his leg back to himself. But before he could truly escape the danger of leaving a limb near an opponent, his leg was grabbed by Harichimo and brought back to his body. As he twisted around and began to throw Karumo by his leg the initial jolt broke his footing, bringing him around and throwing him almost like a rag doll.

As he entered Harichimo's space, he let his free leg hit the ground so he could put some power behind his movements and give himself some amount of control. His leg hitting the ground to save him from falling flat on his face, his body compressed absorbing the shock of the throw itself. Facing away from him now he knew that Harichimo was bringing an attack soon, as he started to decompress from his position and regather himself in a balanced way, he felt an extreme pinch to the neck. The pain shot through his body, he could feel the stinger in his neck and the pain of a migraine in his head for a brief moment. He cowered his head to his neck to protect it for a moment and kicked back at Harichimo to distance himself. Kicking and then stepping forward he stretched his neck, the pain of the sting would only last for a moment but his headache and dizziness stayed.

As he attempted to separate the pair he realized what he had done, using his medical ninjutsu and his taijutsu combined to limit his abilities. He drew his kunai and turned his head towards Harichimo, staying slightly hunched over for a moment and tracking him with eyes. He was going to entice him into the first move and then hit him with his own limiting jutsu, the second he made eye contact he would drop his speed, to counter-act his own drop in awareness. As he started looking for his eyes, trying to draw him into eye contact he start sliding his feet backwards and kept his kunai drawn, waiting for him to make the first move this time.

[438 words, 2765 words total]

Attempted to use:

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
With that toss, Harichimo had gained the leverage he was looking for. Karumo tried to catch himself and stop his own momentum. It created just enough of a window that Harichimo was able to land his technique. A simple pinch to a key vessel in the neck to slow down the flow of blood to the brain resulting in dizziness and some sluggishness before the blood flow returned to normal. A knowledge of anatomy and a through basis on key points of the body more than make up for my lack of ranged combat. Anybody that is unfortunate enough to have to fight up close is sure to have a fight to remember. 

As he pinched the natural responses of any human kicked in as Karumo's neck cringed to try and cover up the point. Karumo had the sense to try and kick Harichimo away. Harichimo was forced to let go or take a kick right in the gut or to his knees, he ended up giving his opponent a good amount of distance to gather himself. Karumo stretched out his neck and probably felt the sting of the hold fading. It's good to know he can feel the effects of pressure points still. That time we fought it seemed he had some loss of feelings. It must just be some pain receptors. His body will fight on until his heart stops beating and the last drop of blood leaves his veins.

As Karumo recovered he drew a kunai and kept his head down for some reason. Maybe that hold had more of an effect than I predicted. But he wanted to go for it and I should respect his wishes and keep up as well. Harichimo walked forward keeping his hands up in a guard in case Karumo made a break for it. When he had cleared half the distance between themselves, Harichimo made his dash toward the target. And when he made the dash Karumo suddenly looked up and locked eyes with Harichimo. That eye technique again. Harcihimo felt his gait immediately shorten as if his brain had forgotten what it was supposed to be doing at that moment. There's no use in stopping, Karumo has his counter already planned. I had better make sure he is ready to commit to it. With his reduction in speed, Harichimo kept his momentum going and made a leap leading with his left leg. Main objective, get that kunai away from him and bring this to a stop. Harichimo planned to feint with his left leg and bring his right leg up to smack the kunai from Karumo's hand and land right in front of him and bring them back to square one.

456/2684

Using:

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Eyes locked and he cast his jutsu, dampening part of Hari's brain with a minor seal, it would slow him down by just a little but even the smallest difference could change a battle. Compensating for his decreased awareness, he thought by dropping his speed he could keep things at the same pace as they had been. Catching him in his rush, he noticed him slow down, like a weight had been added to him without him knowing. But he powered through it and as Karumo thrust his kunai forward in an attempt to force him to change direction or to make a different move, Harichimo jumped and feinted then kicked his hand and sent the kunai flying away. For a brief moment he dizzily watched as his hand opened up at the force of the kick, he knew he needed to counter off this move, making a final push towards victory. He had noticed how Harichimo moved so fluidly when he counter and parried, if he was trying to prove he had learned anything he needed to at least try to replicate his fluidity if even for only a moment.

He knew that he would inevitably have to bring his legs down to the ground, and so for the brief moment he was in the air, he knew that was the best time to strike. Waiting for him to come down, he would grab hold of his leg with his left arm, and pull it towards him and try to reign it in above his shoulder. Once there he would use his shoulder as a fulcrum and jump, displacing Harichimo to a position where he would be falling on his lower back now. If he could get him that far then he would release the leg and bring his right arm up to deliver a final single punch to his body and drive him to the ground. If it were to land though, he would only deliver it hard enough to bring him to the ground then just have his hand resting above his chest. All assuming Harichimo didn't counter his initial moves and teach him another thing or two of taijutsu battle, he was really hoping he could display a little of what he picked up for this final move.

Regardless of how much he might have learned he knew that Harichimo was a better fighter, and his fatigue was starting to catch up with him. With all the movements coming so quickly, Karumo definitely wasn't made to fight a high intensity close range battle like this. I think it's about time we put this fight to a close he thought to himself as he began to put his plan in motion and threw his hand out to grab hold of his leg.

[469 words, 3234 words total]

Harichimo

Harichimo

D-rank
Harichimo closed in on the target who seemed to be having a struggle with the lack of blood in his brain. Karumo thrust the kunai forth to try and divert his path. With precision, Harichimo brought up his dragging leg and kicked the back of Karumo's hand delivering a sting to drop the weapon from his hands. What he didn't expect was what was about to happen next.

Karumo had been paying attention through the fight and had obviously picked up on what Harichimo was trying to teach. Harichimo felt Karumo grab his leg trapping it to his body. And then a punch delivered to his chest. It wasn't hard but enough to let Harichimo know he was going for a ride. As he felt himself fall back he thought to himself. Looks like my job is going to be easier than I thought. Karumo can definitely think on his feet. It'll be a much simpler endeavor to keep him alive. And with that the pair landed flat with Harichimo on the ground. With a couple coughs Harichimo got his breath back and stayed sprawled on his back for a bit and smiled at his opponent. "Fighting and adapting just like water. A good fight Karumo."

With a roll, Harichimo slowly brought himself back up to standing and held his head as he felt his brain slowly return back to normal. Just enough of a difference to inhibit my responses.When he felt everything was back in order he walked over to Karumo. "You definitely picked up on what a fight can be like. I can tell you are way more used to doing battle with a weapon in your hand but you were able to keep your movements fluid and capitalize on openings I gave you. Good job keeping the rust off your bones clan leader." Harichimo walked over to his jacket and slid it on leaving it undone and open in the front for convenience sake. "You put a whole lot more confidence in me about this mission. But I will need to ask if there is anything with your medical history I should be aware of when we head out. I can tell there is obviously something wrong with your pain receptors since you seems to be either really good at holding in pain or you just don't feel it. My job to keep you alive is going to be to see when I need to stop putting up and offense and begin to take a support role to make sure you don't bleed out on me." Harichimo would wait and see what Karumo had to say before reaching into his pocket and bring out his canteen. "The only other thing I have to suggest is make sure to bring yourself a couple canteens. I am sure Akira sensei will have them pack us some but we will be in a desert where it won't be readily available. The extra precaution will make sure we make it. Now I will be taking my leave back to the clinic. Do drop by sometime, we can always make room for you to sit in and see what it's like on the other end of a blade." 

With a chuckle he waved goodbye to his friend and exited the Coliseum. Harichimo looked back as it was still high noon and the statues shown even brighter than when he had entered. For now he had to head home and pack for the mission ahead. With how much the village was relying on this mission to succeed, Harichimo wanted to leave very little to chance. When Harichimo got home he saw everything was quieting down for lunch. His family was out in the garden enjoying their lunches when he came out to join them. His brother handed him a bowl of the stew they were enjoying as he sat on a bench by the pond and watched the fish inside swim about. we sure have become strong since we both last met and sparred in his compound. Hopefully this lesson will keep him ahead of the game is Akira sensei decides to trust him with students. He thought to himself as he drank up the broth of the stew and enjoyed the rest of the calm Iwagakure evening with his family.

Exit Thread

727/3411

training:

Speed C2 to C3 700/700
Perception C1 to C3 1300/1300
Strength C-Rank to C2 1175

Remaining WC:236

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Karumo's little trick to grab his leg and throw him off balance worked, as he landed his blow the pair landed with a thud, he must have hit him a little harder than he intended as he coughed once they stopped. Karumo leaned back onto his heels and stood up, "Fighting and adapting just like water. A good fight Karumo." Harichimo said as he stayed there for a second smiling. He rolled and jumped up to his feet as well, Karumo dusted himself off and headed for his jacket and blade as well. Harichimo began to speak again, complimenting him on his quick ability to pick things up. Karumo chuckled as he heard him, Well, I just followed how you moved, keeping your body fluid and never wasting a movement. With some more practice I might be just as capable as you. he chuckled while he spoke. As they both gathered their things and Karumo began to tie his sword to his back he heard Harichimo speak again, this time about the mission.

He asked about something that had clearly become obvious, his inability to feel pain, going in about how he was there in case anything went wrong and he needed to keep Karumo alive. He reached out and placed his hand on his shoulder before speaking, I have the utmost confidence indeed, you'll do fine. But you're going for more than just acting as a medic. I can get into that a little later, but you're right. Since I was a boy, ever since my family and I was attacked the cut they left me with ended up doing more than just cutting, it left me unable to feel any physical stimulation. Whether that be being poked or stabbed or anything else. I won't feel it. he said clearly, taking his hand off his shoulder and going back to fastening his sword. It'll be especially troublesome for you because if I'm cut or injured somewhere and it isn't readily obvious, I may never notice it. he waited for him to take note of it, drawing his canteen and taking a drink from it. He then went on and advised Karumo to bring some canteens of water with him as well, he smiled a bit when he heard it. Harichimo is always looking out, I'll have to be sure to let everyone else going know as well. and then leaving with an offer to head to the clinic.

I'll be sure to, might do it sooner than later, I've been needing a check-up. he said as he grabbed his shoulder and swung his arm around. Before he headed off and parted ways he made sure to give Harichimo some advice as well, Hey Harichimo, make sure you gegt some rest before we leave. Don't let it eat you up, relaxing and taking a day or two off might not be such a bad thing! he said as he laughed and headed off. The next time the pair would meet would be at the gate as they headed off for their mission in a couple days time.

[530 words, 3764 words total]
[Exit Thread]

Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.