You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Empty Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:49 am

Ryuusei

Ryuusei

D-rank
Stage 1- Event: J
Description: Participants will wander the island until encountering each other up towards the top of one of the small mountains on Genbu. Two posting rounds into the thread, the participants will be caught up in a large mudflow, which will persist for five posting rounds. How they react to the mudflow is up to them, but there will be large stones, trees, and other debris that can be used as moving platforms should the participants use the chaos to engage on their targets.

Scroll assignments (This information is exclusively held by each participant. Their opponents must discern who has what scroll other than their own in the thread):

Scroll of Heaven: Sakumi
Scroll of Earth: Kaitu

2Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Empty Re: Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:21 pm

Ashiko

Ashiko

D-rank
Sakumi sprinted off a fast as she could which was not extremely fast but just enough to get her away from other competitors.She let up after a while trying not to tire herself too much before her first battle.The small mountain ahead of her wasn't a surprise it was just where she was gonna camp out for a few minutes until some sorry idiot came to check if another person was there.She had heard the warnings not to wander the mountain for mudslides were popping out of nowhere.But she was a smart ninja and by doing this she could trap other ninja while she ran away with both scrolls.After reaching a few feet up the mountain she looked upon her scroll."I know what your thinking Sakumi if you really want to win then kill whoever comes up here...even Elin,"A voice called.

Sakumi shook her head as the heaven scroll was put into her bag.She had no killing motive and the rules didn't like killing!What was the voice thinking?Kill Elin no way!They just met and had become friends but now the voice wanted to kill him!Sakumi grabbed her forehead protector and adjusted it to her neck."If anyone tries to attack my neck from behind then it'll hold up for a while then I can try to escape,"She said to herself."No wire...no food  pills...not even food itself...please may the person who faces off with me be weak...,"

Sakumi sniffed the air in attempts to smell another individual but with barely any luck."I wish I was born with cat ears...or that it was dark as coal...but that won't happen for a while now will it,"Sakumi said in defeat. Sakumi closed her eyes and closed her nose making noises every so slightly louder.A small shifting and cracking noise caught her attention.She opened her eyes and turned to see a light stream of mud flowing down."Sakumi if that was a person they would have you by your hair...,"She thought. Sakumi looked at her long light brown hair and grabbed a kunai."Necessary sacrifices!"She thought cutting her hair to a shorter length.She released her hair and found it reaching just barely above her shoulders."Sides it grows back very quickly,"She finally said looking down at her hair.She sighed as she grabbed the kunai and sat at the lower side of the mountain.She wasn't gonna win this was she?If she was lucky she would have to get sent back to society.Or the person was weak enough to handle.

Wordcount:446
Chakra:150/150
Jutsu:

3Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Empty Re: Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:08 am

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
I was looking for a “Scroll of Heaven.” That’s the only thing I was sure of in these Chunin Exams. When we were introduced to the proctor, he said that we would be fighting on the back of a giant, centuries-old tortoise that supports a developed ecosystem of abnormally large animals on its back. I just wondered what else could possibly be in store. I did know, though, that if I found another Scroll of Earth, it would be essentially useless to me. Sure, I could eliminate some future competition by taking more than one set of scrolls with me, but I had decided that it wasn’t worth the risk. I knew I wasn’t quite as combat-oriented as some of my comrades, especially Itazura.

I wonder what kind of scroll he has. If he has a Heaven Scroll, I’d dread having to face off against him…again.

I had decided that my main objective was to get in and get out as quickly as possible. The first step would be ascertaining if a ninja had the scroll I was looking for. If so, I would fight them. If not, I would retreat. I knew most of the other shinobi were going to be older and more experienced than myself, so it would not at all be wise to go picking fights that I don’t know I can win. Once I found the other scroll, I would head to the marked location as quickly as I could. No detours, no rest stops. It wasn’t strategically sound to go without sleep, but I knew I wouldn’t be able to sleep well anyways. My kekkei genkai would aid me greatly in traversing the nightly terrain, but I know other shinobi would almost definitely be hunting then.

I couldn’t be nervous. I couldn’t be frightened. I had to be determined. I could not take my mind off of getting to the next stage of the exams.

I was slowly making my way toward a nearby mountain that I decided would be a good vantage point for spotting out locations for ambushes and sources of food or water. I just hope that by the time anyone looked my way, I’d be off and gone. Also, I didn’t see much in the way of wildlife on the mountain, so at least I’d be safe from that.

When I reached the foot of the mountain, I examined the terrain more closely. It was very rocky, but the rocks (at least at the bottom) all seemed relatively loose. That didn’t bode well.

What caused this? An earthquake? Rockslide?

I carefully made my way up the mountain, trying not to climb the areas where the rocks seemed too loose. It wasn’t a steep climb at all, but I wouldn’t want an artificial rockslide to give away my position to any ninja that happened to be nearby. When I was about halfway up, I noticed a figure standing above me. It seems that I would encounter someone much earlier than planned. No time for reconissance.

I looked up at the ninja, who appeared to be a kunoichi a couple of years older than me. I tried to spot a forehead protector to spot what village they were from, just in case I could determine their likely elemental affinity form it, but I didn’t spot a village’s symbol anywhere on her person. She was wearing SOMETHING on her neck, but I couldn’t tell if it was her forehead protector being used as a back-of-the-neck protector, or a very small neck scarf. I guessed the former, but one can never be too sure.

Since there was obviously no way for me to regain the element of surprise, I decided to try to talk to the kunoichi. I first checked behind me to make sure no one else was creeping up. No one seemed to be, but I didn’t want to spend my chakra double-checking. It was a very open terrain, and I doubt she was able to find an ally and set up a trap this soon in the exams. I could be wrong though, so I decided to slowly sidestep to maintain the same distance between us while moving onto higher ground. It was a huge disadvantage to be on lower ground during a fight, and I could do with forgoing disadvantages.

“Hi. My name is Kaitu Burasu. I request that you identify your scroll. For if we have different scrolls, I’m afraid we must battle. However, if both are scrolls are of the same kind, I request that we peacefully go our separate ways. I suspect that neither of us would be too keen to waste energy on a meaningless battle.”

I tried to talk as diplomatically and formally as possible in order to buy me time to traverse to an equal footing with my possible opponent. She had been here longer than I had, so it’s possible that she already set a trap by herself or simply studied the terrain. As much as I hated to admit it, part of my mind knew that a primary focus in any possible conflict that would emerge between us include a movement down to ground level. I just hoped that would be possible. I would be comfortable fighting here if I knew the terrain, but it’s just too unsteady a surface to count on during a battle.

My arms tensed as I waited for her to respond. If she attacked me without answering, I needed to be ready to fight. I hadn’t given the name of my scroll, but she could be counting on her own abilities to beat me. And I knew that fighting against someone with confidence was dangerous at best. Then again, I had learned jutsu for this occasion. I just wondered what her next move would be.

Wordcount: 998

Jutsu used:
None

Chakra: 150/150

OOC: Sorry for typing so much Sakumi. I know my writing isn't the best, but when I get nervous, I write a lot. :)

Last edited by Kaitu Burasu on Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Accidentally forgot chakra count)

4Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Empty Re: Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:03 pm

Ashiko

Ashiko

D-rank
Sakumi was on her 2nd strongest guard to not become too focused.Suddenly a figure appeared just below her.Her stomach seemed to tighten in fear as he stopped to talk about the scrolls."Act cool Kumi...if you just try to be tough and answer back he'll leave you alone...unless he has the opposite scroll,"Sakumi thought."If he does attack then earth should have the upper hand but no one will notice if he's dead right?...,"

Just then the ground seemed to soften with...mud?!Had he made his attack already!Sakumi jumped out the way just a few feet from behind Kaitu and faced him off.But her own voice didn't speak it was someone else."I'm Chuia Sakumi and I don't care what scroll you have!"Sakumi said with the worst side of her speaking.She was confused with her own mind at this point but she didn't care as ran towards him in attempts to push Kaitu in the small forming mudslide.Why was she doing this rude behavior?Had this exam brought out her compettive side?No...But what?She did care if she got the other scroll but beating up a boy 2 years younger than her!?While Sakumi's true spirit hid in the darker chambers of her brain she prayed she had hit Kaitu.When the mudslide broke into full on force.

Word Count:238
Chakra:150/150
Jutsu:

OOC:I need a muse and music isn't helping so this post will be short also the Mudslide is activated this turn

5Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Empty Re: Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:48 pm

Kaitu Burasu

Kaitu Burasu

D-rank
"I'm Chuia Sakumi and I don't care what scroll you have!"

Well, that doesn't help me at all. I still had no idea what scroll she had, or even her village.

I could not decide whether I wanted to retreat or fight. She had charged at me and I knew that even if I tried to escape by jumping out of the way, someone with her mindset would end up just following me anyways. Compared to other shinobi, I had seen, she didn't actually move that quickly.

A low speed means she probably doesn't intend to spend most of her time in hand-to-hand combat. Suggesting that she is a genjutsu, fuuinjutsu, or even kuchiyose. She could specialize in ninjutsu, but they usually start out with a jutsu. She could just be trying to judge my strength with her own taijutsu, but I would be surprised if she specialized in it.

If it was fuuinjutsu, or genjutsu based on touch, I needed to make sure that she didn't actually touch me. So I decided to jump to the side, further up the mountain, and observe any further action. I looked at what was formerly behind me, and I spotted it as a small mudslide.

She was trying to get me to back up into that thing? Risky strategy. It would've been amazing if it could've worked.

The mudslide seemed to be growing, pulling rocks and mud from higher up on the mountain. I took a quick glance behind me and noticed that the mudslide was right behind me too. It even tripped me up a little, but it wasn't strong enough yet to keep me from quickly jumping to a nearby large rock that I hoped would survive the slide. That's when the mudslide started to become powerful.

If this is her jutsu, and all she needed to do was get to the smaller mudslide to start it, I'm impressed. Running at me was actually a good bluff. Maybe they're mental state isn't as questionable as I originally envisioned.

Wordcount: 353

Jutsu used:
None

Chakra: 150/150

6Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Empty Re: Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Ashiko

Ashiko

D-rank
"...Wait whats going on?"Sakumi thought.She had no control of her body after trying to push Kaitu and her mind was now realizing what was going on."I have to gain control and try to not hurt that kid,"She said grabbing a kunai. She.She was gaining back a bit of control trying not to listen to what the voice was saying.saying. Sakumi cracked her knuckles as she stared at the kid who seemed to have a bit of trouble balancing.

"Ok Sakumi there are about 10 outcomes if I had more time then I could be able to make more but I don't know what this kid is capable of...he's fast...and seem to watch my every move like a dang hawk...If i'm lucky he is not a water or earth element...jutsu time starts now!"She thought. Sakumi watched as the mud flowed down towards her at a fast rate.She stood where she was and threw a kunai. She jumped back and focused her hands.

"Earth Release: Earth Flow River!"She said as the ground around her turned into a thick dark layer of mud.mud. Sakumi whimpered a bit as the jutsu finished her eyes twitched as she looked up at her opponent and jumped back painfully.painfully. Kaitu was not going to expect that right?But he didn't show his jutsu's yet so it was up for Sakumi to try to guess."I should have set up a trap or ambushed him!"She thought hiding behind a large rock."Iv'e probably added like 20 pounds more mud onto this mudslide but he's so far from trees and rocks it will be too late for him to hide before he's destroyed by the mud,"Her heart raced as she awaited his next move.

Chakra:140/150
Word count:310
Jutsu used::

OOC:This is my first battle so if my jutsu is a bit messed up and needs to be edited please warn me

7Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Empty Re: Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:40 am

Ashiko

Ashiko

D-rank
To her surprise the kid in front her didn't move an inch out the mud's way. Sakumi didn't have time to feel guilty but yet it ate her up on the inside.The mud had encased his feet before pushing him into it backwards adding up with the other mountain of mud along with him.It was currently pushing him back along with it further and further away from her."Get the scroll!"A voice called from her head. Sakumi instantly started sprinting towards her target ready to get the scroll.

Finally the mud stopped moving for a few seconds and Sakumi reached for the scroll."I can do this I just pray he doesn't try to move or i'll have to actually start hurting him,"She thought. Sakumi reached for her opponent scroll and found herself slightly sweating in fear."Don't move please..."She thought.She attempted to pull the scroll."I'm sorry but its my turn to win for once...i'll take you back to safety,"She said holding the scroll of earth.

Though she felt bad about she opened Kaitu's scroll and waited for the reversed summoning jutsu.Sure he wasn't hurt but she was tying to get him out of this before he got hurt in a worst way."Your too young...try again next year,"She said as she waited for the scroll to set in.Afterwards if Kaitu didn't try to get up he would be in the infirmary for a while and she'd be home free with the scrolls.

Guilt filled her body.Why was she doing this?She could quit anytime but no she had to stay in and try to hurt a little kid for his scroll.This was the point of no return.Reality.If she let him win he could get killed in the next round.If she was to win then she could get hurt as well.But this proved something.He was more prepared for the exams but she had defeated him.She could make the next round with a little luck and skill. Heres hoping that Elin wasn't her opponent or she would have to try to quit.

OOC:Did I do the 48 hour rule right?

Word count:402
Jutsu used:

8Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Empty Re: Stage 1 [Sakumi/Kaitu] Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:03 am

Ashiko

Ashiko

D-rank
Sakumi held both scrolls in her hand.She had finally won and Kaitu had surprisingly putting up little resistance."Round two here I come...hope Elin has had little problems so far,"Sakumi said placing them both into her pouch and walking off."He made a bad mistake by just standing there and letting me take the scroll...but I won fair and square a battle is a battle so I won't complain,"

Amazingly she felt alone.She had gotten rid of the only thing social for possibly miles!He could have chatted over the scroll and sure it would in a fight still but could some social time hurt?And her behavior!It was just not like her...why was her mind trying to manipulate her to do bad things?Was this just her bad side finally coming out?She stopped as she reached the edge of a pond."Stop getting concerned and start going to the thing already,"She thought running off.

Word count:165 words(I thought I did more guess I have an inspriation issue right now)
Jutsu used:None in this round

Exit thread

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.