You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Sekuro had woken up that day with quite a soreness that morning, he spent the entire day before training and testing out his new eyes against sparring partners. His purple eyes now had a lined formed through them, and he had unlocked some very interesting skills, there was still so much he could probably do, and so much he wanted to test out still. He gathered his stuff together and put on his clothes and jacket, and as he straightened out the jackets collar, he saw Lord Akira's hat hanging from a rack in the corner. He was going to take the morning off until he could find out more about his eyes and learn their true potential and the negatives from it as well. So, he decided to return the hat and find out if the Tsuchikage had any more information about the Dojutsu or would maybe be open to helping him test them out. Being the Tsuchikage he probably didn't have much time for distractions but getting to see one of the village's Kekkai Genkai might just have him clear his schedule if he has anything to do.

He got his stuff together and left for the day, holding the hat at his side, Sekuro considered wearing it but it might send of some alarms and is extremely inappropriate as well. He headed to the administration building to acquire about the Kage's availability and location, the desk attendant didn't know his current availability since he was away at the University, probably tending to some of his students or lecturing some class. Sekuro would love to take a class under the Tsuchikage but it was probably a very advanced class, regardless he would check it out while he was there and would maybe get more info while he searched for the Tsuchikage.

Sekuro left the building in the direction of the University, catching his reflection in the window, his eyes now looking like that of a reptile now that his eyes had finally unlocked. He wondered if it would ever wear off or turn off like some of the more popular Dojutsu or if his eyes would forever signal his power. Some people giving weird looks as he walked by, purple eyes being weird enough but now eyes that appear like a snake's or lizard's, it was probably something he would have to get used to. He arrived at the front door of the University's main wing, from there he should be able to find out about Akira and maybe something about how to enroll in the university.

He approached the desk, a nice young girl working it, she asked Sekuro if she could help him find anything. He leaned up against the counter, speaking as if he were a soft-spoken person, Yes, I have two things, First. I am looking for more information on the Tsuchikage's location, I need to return his hat." He said as he held the hat slightly up before putting it down. Secondly, I wanted some more information about enrolling in the university, maybe even full time. She grabbed some papers from a stack next to her and began to speak, "Lord Tsuchikage can probably be found somewhere on his floor, basement first floor and the stairs are over there. She pointed to a door the main lobby, And about our university, here is some information, this packet contains enrollment information, this one is our course listing and calendar, and here is everything else you need to know. From tuition to staying at the university and more. He began taking each of the papers she handed him, four or five packets and some flyers as well, it was quite a bit but oh well, he could use the info. He thanked her profusely for her help and went to see if he could find Lord Akira somewhere about.

He entered in the basement staircase, and he found the first door at the bottom, opening up the door he came to quite a spectacular scenery and hallway. It opened up to a very well lit hallway, pearly white and a ancient architecture followed with the pillars linearly lining the hallway. He knocked pretty solidly on the door as he entered, *knock knock* "Hey Lord Akira, are you down here? I came to bring your hat back and seek out some advice/training. he shouted at a dull roar. Sekuro went door to door looking for Akira, not sure that he heard him, he knocked on each door before opening so that he wouldn't interrupt anything important. The hallway was empty and there was no one to ask so he continued his search looking for Akira or really anyone that might be able to help him find him.

[803 words]

Last edited by Karumo Sekuro on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira had left early that morning for a little bit of free time. His students had yet to truly take advantage of his classroom. As such he had some ideas for what to do with it. A little bit of a work out would do him nicely. After all if there was such a coincidental thing as free time for someone in his position then he just had to take advantage of the time. Even though his time spent training the squad and each of them individually and drastically improved his own physical limitations he had yet to reach his limits. As a taijutsu expert he could only see that as a challenge. After all his chosen specialty was an intense specialty that required the utmost dedication physically. He looked to be of average size but the truth was he had built his body in such a way that he was a powerhouse. Flexibility and speed had been the building blocks at the bottom but strength and endurance had been built above it. Still he was seeking physical perfection. In order to reach it he needed to take it up a notch. He needed to pick up the training to the next level.

And so when he made it to the university he quickly made his way inside and straight to the stairwell leading down. His strides carrying him to floor B-1. As soon as he entered the first floor of the basement though it was obvious the light was artificial. There was just a hint of change from the lighting one would see during the day and one might see with no daylight. Still it didn't bother Akira. Down here any damage he did would hardly effect the buildings sound structure. Not that he intended to test that but he was here with purpose. Regardless he stepped up to the double doors leading into his floor. As soon as he did the lights flickered on and revealed a polished hallway. Pillars lining a walkway with doors leading to other rooms. It was perfectly spread out and mirrored itself. With a smile Akira let the doors close behind him and moved down the hall. He walked passed the bedrooms as empty as ever, the baths which remained cold and empty and the Dining room which also remained untampered with. His right hand reached out and pushed open a paper door before he stepped within. Kicking off his shoes he looked over the traditional dojo. It had been built nicely.

He moved barefoot to the mat. His outfit was a simple tucked in tank top with a pair of black cloth pants tightened at the ankles. He moved about the room and collected a balance beam before placing it in the center of the mats. Having finished securing it there he moved to the wall and lifted up some Velcro ankle weights with steel buckles. Quietly he attached them to his ankles and his right hand lifted to grip the weights which attached. Casually placing a hundred pounds on each ankle. Still he contemplated that his tank top might come loose and entangle him so he shed out of it. Now only wearing the ankle weights and the pants. With that he half walked half dragged the weights back to the beam. Carefully climbing up onto it before he crouched down. Placing both hands on the beam he hoisted his lower half up as he ignored the weights clinking together. It took a moment but soon he was preforming a hand stand on the beam with his legs straight up. Now it was time to step up his game. Slowly his legs split apart. Trembling ever so slightly from the weight until he was doing a full split. Once there he held it as his arms bent and straightened. In that pose with that much weight he was doing hand stand push ups.

Still an echo of a knock came from down the hall. On his day for training someone was coming to see him. He almost regretted disclosing his location to anyone. Still if they were looking for him it must of been vital to them in some way. Sweat glistened off of him as he continued working out. His muscles strained and flexing as he did a dozen more before the door to the dojo slid open revealing Sekuro. Golden eyes observed him easily even from upside down. Akira finished straightening before he slowly shifted his body downwards. Bending at the elbows as he straightened parellel to the floor. His golden gaze never leaving Sekuro and his legs still holding the splits only with his crotch on the other side of the beam from Sekuro. It was there he held the position as he spoke up. A smile playing ever so slightly on his lips.

"My hat huh? A young lord would go out of his way for a hat? How kind of you. Though I am not sure what more advise I can give you about your clan." He made the word Your a little flourished as if making a small point about it.

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
The sound of metal clanking down the hall,  it became louder the closer he got, he slide open a paper door to see the Tsuchikage working out. Doing a combination of bodyweights and free weight workouts, the metal plates clinking as he lifted himself about the balance beam. Akira adjusted himself about the bar shortly after Sekuro entered the training room, it was quite clean, as if it had been hardly used or freshly rebuilt at the very least. Sekuro was impressed by the Tsuhcikage's workout, the sweat on his body rolling off of him and pooling to the floor below the balance beam, he looked as if his muscles should have begun tightening but he continued through it, what impressive strength and flexibility, he rotated himself as to acknowledge Sekuro, "My hat huh? A young lord would go out of his way for a hat? How kind of you. Though I am not sure what more advise I can give you about your clan."

Sekuro hung his hat up at the entrance, and took a few steps in, hoping that the Tsuchikage would get a look at his new eyes, he had just unlocked them the other day through training of similar intensity, and now he wanted to test his eyes, and his own abilities, to see how far he had grown recently. Well, Lord Akira, you're right. There isn't much more advice you can give me about my clan, but I'm not here for that exactly. a smirk forming on the edge of his lips, he continued, To be completely honest with you sir, I think I'm ready to become a Chuunin, and since there are no exams, I know I need your approval. So here I am. He had become quite anxious, he was unsure of how to really going out asking this, worried that he might come off as demanding, he put his hand behind his back while he waited for the Tsuchikage, forcing his back to straighten out further while he waited, he stood at the edge of the mats waiting for whatever Lord Akira might have for him. I guess I should say, I'm here and ready for whatever tests you might have. I could use your test to learn from the best in the village, and the afterwards I might have some questions for you. That's if you're fine with it, it looks like you were getting quite the training regimen in here already. Losing the loose smirk that formed when he straightened up, he awaited what the Tsuchikage would have to say, and what kind of test/training he might have for him. Maybe it would be a battle of wits, or a hand to hand fight using pure taijutsu, Sekuro had heard exploits and rumors of the Tsuchikage's skill. Sekuro briefly thought back to his own training a few days ago,

Three days ago

Sekuro had been up all day, training outside his clan grounds, he shed his jacket and shirt, as being soaked in sweat started to slow him down. He had a variety of challenges throughout the day, following in the clan's path to unlocking the eyes, there were certain training methods to perfect to unlock them. In essence, the elders who passed the technique down had described it as 'Learning to look into your opponents eyes and feel his speed and strength.' He had sparred against many people throughout the day and days before, using their eyes to anticipate their movements, when one day he felt like he had actually reached into their mind, and he could grab the part that controlled his legs and slow it down, and his arms could be tightened. He wondered what else this power could do, and at the same time his opponent pointed out that his eyes changed. A line forming through the iris, like that of a snake, it was an interesting change, and distinct at that as well. He knew he would have to continue using them and progressing them, he wondered what potential they had.

Back to the present

Sekuro returned from his brief flashback, Actually, let me ask you my questions now since they are short and to the point. Have you ever had any under you who has had this Dojutsu and do you know of it's potential? I've only used it once before now, but I feel that I could train it to do so much, things beyond slowing my opponents skills. He had looked down while speaking awaiting what the Tsuchikage would think about him becoming a Chuunin and to hear what he had to say about his Dojutsu, if anything at all.

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira paused in his work out. His push ups coming to a complete halt before he spun around once more lifting his left hand to swing his legs and the weights over the beam and passed his arm before he settled into a sitting position. The weights themselves came to a clanging stop Still they swung beneath him on his seat like a pendulum back and forth clinging ever so often together. It was clear then just how much weight there was. Still Akira raised his right foot up and then his left crossing his ankles below himself. Sitting on the beam cross legged. His hands planted on either side of him holding himself up as he sat there looking fairly comfortable. He listened as Sekuro spoke of his true reason for being present within the Kage's Dojo, After all it wasn't really for a simple hat that Akira couldn't care less about. Still, as he had predicted it had given the young man plenty of reason to come and visit him at least. Still the truth of his coming here was interesting enough to cause Akira to lean forward and his left hand placing on his knee and his right hand raised to stroke his beard. When he spoke it was calm enough with a hint of a smile behind it.

"Chunnin already huh? But you have hardly been a genin for long. That aside there is paperwork you will have to fill out to officially apply. But I see you were hoping for something more direct. I am a little concerned about one point though. Your file states you utilize Bukijutsu, yet at the same time I have never seen you with a sword. Surely if you were coming to be tested you would of brought a sword? It seems only reasonable. No? Ahh well then grab a Katana off the wall. You want me to test you then we will do so."

He hopped off the beam before bending at the knee's and with a simple yank pulled the weights of his ankles by the straps before lifting them and draping them over the beam. Once that was done he moved over to the center of the room and rotated his neck with a few loud cracks. Followed by his shoulders and finally he held out his hands and slowly clenched his fists letting each knuckle pop slowly and loudly. It was then that he settled down into a cross legged sitting position. Giving up his footing and ability to move from the spot easily. His golden eyes took in Sekuro as he contemplated the concept a single moment before answering the boys question. "I suppose I haven't. Nor is there much that is common knowledge about your eyes. I will warn you about a couple of things though. First be careful about punishing your eyes too much with your chakra. They are fragile and if a jutsu goes wrong it could lead to permanent damage. Second, don't rely on your eyes too much. Their potential is great but it is likely you could come across someone who can negate your power. Lastly be wary of dojutsu hunters. There are people I have fought with before that hunt those with special eyes for profit or simply out of spite. Be prepared to deal with them. Now, with that said, you will still need to turn in the necessary paperwork but for the time being come at me with everything you have. See if you can move this old man from his seat. Begin when you like kiddo."

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Lord Akira adjutsed himself on the bar while Sekuro spoke, he ended up listening thoroughly and told Sekuro about his concerns and that he will have some paperwork to fill out. Those things should be no big deal, he would probably finish it and turn it in as soon as he left the University, assuming that the Tsuchikage was merciful and let him leave in one piece. He told Sekuro to go and grab a katana, he did so as the Tsuchikage spoke on his Dojutsu, Sekuro listened as he pulled a blade down and unsheathed it. It was a fairly nice blade, it had clearly had some use but it was a simple katana with a black hilt. He turned back towards the Tsuchikage as he told him to come at him with everything he had. Sekuro stood about 10 meters away from him, focusing in on him with his purple eyes as he sat there, it seemed cocky to assume that Sekuro couldn't move him, but he is the Tsuchikage, he could probably end his life within moments if this were a serious fight. But no time for that he had been thinking of his strategy since he had been issued the challenge.

He started by preparing a fire clone, it formed of fire and now there were two Sekuro standing before the Tsuchikage. He with held using his new Dojutsu, figuring it wouldn't help much against a Kage's speed or strength, he would wait to see if he restricted his skills before deciding if it would be worth the use. The real Sekuro handed the clone the katana and sent the clone to hurry around to the rear of the Tsuchikage, taking an arced path to avoid direct contact with him so he would know that he wasn't beginning just quite yet. Once the clone would reach the rear of his opponent he would begin his first plan of attack, he spoke as the clone moved around Okay Lord Akira, the paperwork is no problem, but now I'm ready to show you how good I've gotten in this short time. I'm going to send everything I have and everything I can muster. Both Sekuro and the clone would both enter ready positions, the clone putting the sword in front of him and bending his legs as he focused in on Akira, and Sekuro bending his legs, focused in and prepared a basic fighting stance. Once Akira appeared to be ready they would both charge him, the clone from directly behind where he sat and Sekuro from directly in front. The clone aimed his approach linear and quick sliding the last meter or so, keeping the katana forward and pointed towards Akira, hoping that his low stance and the sword might be enough to move him, doubtful but it served a purpose. As the clone slide Sekuro himself would jump in the air, trying to get above Lord Akira he had prepared a tiger seal as he jumped, aiming to time the Fireball jutsu to hit both Lord Akira and his fire clone should that attack not be enough to dislodge him.

Moving the Tsuchikage might become quite the task, he wondered what sorts of tricks and jutsu he would have to counter him, and he wondered if he would stay on the defensive or go onto the offensive. He hoped his combo attack would at the very least give him insight to his intentions and how he would go about testing him. Maybe he can find some weakness or loophole to exploit and find a way to beat him at his own game; he would have to think quickly on his feet though, as the Tsuchikage probably won't give him many opportunities to think the situation over.

[638 words, 2232 words total]
Jutsu+Chakra:

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira watched as the young man moved to the wall as instructed and pulled down a katana. A highly simple weapon in comparison to the expertly crafted ones. It's dull blade would hardly pose a problem to a medic like Akira even if it should land. Still it caused Akira to smile at the concept. He had challenged the young individual to move him from his spot but left no rules as to how to do so. Merely suggested that a weapon was available. He wondered if the young man claiming to be prepared for a rank up was truly prepared to obtain the responsibilities that came with becoming chunnin. One had to think tactically to survive. It was a mile stone entering into far more dangerous grounds. New levels of jutsu and weapons became available to them and lethality increased with them. To simply charge into battle and fling jutsu without planning out a hit first was no longer an option. If anything the option of a melee weapon was a taunt. Approaching a taijutsu user of Akira's caliber was pointless. He knew the boy knew ninjutsu but still he said nothing. It would be a learning experience the lad wouldn't soon forget.

Still he paused in his musings as suddenly the air next to Sekuro shimmered and then burst into a pillar of flame. Its light darkening the shadows and letting them stretch out like claws. A perfect image of Sekuro emerged from the flame a second later. Or rather the flame became a perfect image of him. A fire clone was a wise idea at least. Sending in a clone to test your opponents abilities and weak spots was always a valid strategy. Still he observed as the real Sekuro handed the katana over to his clone. So the clone either didn't have the ability to summon with the same equipment or Sekuro hadn't mastered the art. Either way it had a weakness of revealing which one was real easily so long as the clone was observed from creation onward. If there was one holding the item to identify them apart then it would be clear which of them needed to be taken down and which of them, in the case of a fire clone, could potentially damage you if you were to get to close. He simply wondered what Sekuro had planned handing the clone the weapon. Would he sit back and do nothing or observe the interaction?

The clone moving in a wide arc behind Akira was an interesting move. Flanking him could prove beneficial. Still his golden gaze only shifted between them once before focusing back on Sekuro. The gaze of a lion locked on him and the usual playful smile faded. He watched with the typical frown of someone prepared for a fight when Sekuro entered into a stance that suggested moving in on him. He heard the clone behind him shifting and figured the same was happening behind him with no hint of steps on the mats. It wasn't what he had expected but it appeared they would use the flank to charge him from both sides. A lesson was to be taught here after all. Still he lifted his right hand with his thumb out and his index finger lifted before crooking it a couple of times to indicate to come at him. And then the battle would begin. It was going to be interesting to see. As far as he could tell though Sekuro was charging him without a hint of hidden agenda or even an escape jutsu. He almost winced for the boy but he wouldn't give up that hint. As it might persuade Sekuro to change his tactic.

He glanced over his shoulder as he heard the clone enter into a slide to try and stab him in the back. A cruel tactic but typically effective. Still the speed of it was predictably slow. His gaze twitched back as Sekuro jumped and prepared a tiger seal. Directly over him it appeared both attacks would land at the same time. Still the second the fireball blocked Sekuro's view of him Akira would twist while remaining seated and slam his right palm down on the top of the blade where it had no edge and slam it down into the mat hard enough to lodge it there. His left hand raised and glowed golden as he casually backhanded the fireball into obliteration leaving it as nothing more then red sparks of heat falling around them. In the same movement still carried through his right hand shifted from the blade to the ankle of the clone all in a matter of that split second to try and grip it by the ankle full speed and before Sekuro could even clear over him the clone if grabbed would in an instant be dragged and flung full strength into mid air Sekuro like a projectile hard enough that if it connected it would toss them both through the paper door entirely and into the hall to smack into one of the pillars and leave a series of cracks in the stone. Then Akira would wait where he was seated to see if Sekuro managed to limp back through the torn door. If he did Akira would speak.

"Always observe your advantages in a situation. Being I am a taijutsu expert approaching me was unwise. Seeing as I would not move the most tactical idea would of been to hit me with ranged jutsu. Perhaps even ranged weapons hidden in the jutsu or a distraction of some sort. As well as preparing your substitution jutsu before a fight. Now then...shall we continue or would you like some medical attention head of the house of the phantom eye?" the title sounded a little like an amused jest. Almost mocking him.

984/2448

335/350:

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Sekuro moved quickly, his attacks timing seemed perfect for what he had in mind but he was worried what Lord Akira might do, it seemed it would be too easy to block something like this combination, and he seemed even less worried about it than he should be. It would be too easy, in what seemed as one swift movement, he would block Sekuro's fire ball, spreading it into nothing like a ball of cotton candy, and grabbing his clone, turning and tossing it into him. He began to be thrown through the air, he knew his fire clone wouldn't last long, but the impact of it was already tough enough, he tried to rotate underneath the clone and get it away, using his arms to push, but he wouldn't be able to create much distance before crashing through the paper wall. The wall ended up slowing them down quite a bit, still moving too quickly, he gave a final push on the clone to give them some distance as he came crashing down into a beam outside the room, the clone burning up and passing just by the pillar and land on the floor where it would burn up in a quick flash of flame. He fell to the floor and looked up, he cracked the stone, he sighed deeply, not being able to, must've cracked some of the ribs, he could no longer get the full compression on his chest. He slowly got up, his right shoulder seemed to be a bit damaged as well as he used that to cushion his impact through the paper wall. He might not be able to feel the pain from his hit but he was certainly reeling from it, he limped back towards the room, rotating and stretching his limbs as he did, finding out what had the full range of motion and what didn't. His right leg and arm seemed to be suffering but his left side was fine for the time being, his torso and back also failed to fully extend, probably due to broken bones and general bruising, but he had no way to tell what exactly was the problem, he wasn't a medic after all.

Sekuro reopened the door, sliding it open and leaning heavily against it, limping back in would be one way to describe but others might say he was hardly doing that, now he was trying to keep his body as normal as possible, not extending any muscle or joint too far out of risk of worstening the problems. It was as he entered that Akira began to speak, "Always observe your advantages in a situation. Being I am a taijutsu expert approaching me was unwise. Seeing as I would not move the most tactical idea would of been to hit me with ranged jutsu. Perhaps even ranged weapons hidden in the jutsu or a distraction of some sort. As well as preparing your substitution jutsu before a fight. Now then...shall we continue or would you like some medical attention head of the house of the phantom eye?" Mocking him, how....no, Sekuro wouldn't let him get to him. He made a good point, it seemed Sekuro had failed to understand the point of his test, a mistake he's not inclined to make again. By the time he had finished speaking Sekuro had barely made it back to where he started the fight, only this time he was a lot more beaten up than before.

Sekuro tried to straighten up as best he could, trying not to look as weak, Medical attention? It would be nice but I'm pretty sure that will end up cutting my trial a bit short so there's no time for it. he continued stretching, he needed to regain as much of his range of motion in his body as possible, gaining nearly no ground either. He waited for Akira to respond, Sekuro would agree to any medical attention he could get, atleast set his bones back in place and fix the broken ones but he wouldn't risk it at the cost of his test. He could always be put back together later but he may not be able try again, he would have to put it on the line now. He would begin readying himself, if Akira stayed on the ground he knew what he would try next, if he stood up to continue their fight then he would need to make a play for his sword again, or go and grab another off the wall, whichever would be easier to do. He readied himself, keeping his left arm and leg forward now as his right was too damaged to be relied on as his dominant limbs for now, that is unless Akira lets him be healed without interrupting their contest.

Sekuro was a bit worried, most of his moves involved building chakra in his chest and throat, but would he be able to with broken ribs and the like? He would have to rely on the sword first in battle, and he might be able to use some smaller jutsu but his options would be limited, not to mention that if Lord Akira stood for their fight, his speed and strength would quickly outmatch him. He could be clever with people at or under his skill level, but now he needed to be conservative and play it safe and wait for the Tsuchikage to make a mistake or give him an opening.

[926 words, 3158 words total]

106/150 Chakra:

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira watched him patiently with the golden gaze that seemed to be the calm in the center of the storm. He observed the condition the young man was in and simply smiled. He relaxed his shoulders and leaned back on his left hand resting his right hand on his right knee. All in all looking entirely comfortable where he was. He wasn't going to end a test so easily. His curiosity demanded he continued to see what this young man was capable of in his current state with such a gap between them. For a moment he thought about rising to his feet and taking it seriously. After all such heart was hard to ignore. Still he looked into the slitted eyes of the man across from him. Like a reptile watching him but far more attractive to look at. Purple being a royal color and all. Long ago only those of high society were allowed to even wear purple. Still Akira knew that he was gazing at a dojutsu. He wasn't entirely clear on the details of it as the clan had chosen to not make a detailed report on it. As most clans avoided doing less they expose a weakness. What he was confident in though was however that dojutsu limited him he could overcome it. It wasn't the Mangekyo or the Stunning eye after all. No, the phantom eye was far more useful as a group dojutsu then those though. And if the fight was close, anyone with the phantom eye had the advantage upon using it. Creating a gap in the abilities between you and another was no laughing matter. Still Akira spoke as he sat back and relaxed. His voice amused and calm still. Nothing hinted towards concern for Karumo. If anything it was cruelly nonchalant.

"Very well then. We shall continue till you drop. However I only do this because I can mend what damage I do. As well as I am curious to see your plan now that you are, slightly less mobile. Obviously I won't let you kill yourself during this. However I once more will inform you that your actions are not that of a chunnin but still a genin. Their is a huge level of difference between courage and pride. In the event one of you were injured to that extent during a mission retreat, even temporarily is a choice you need to be prepared to make. You won't be the only one risking their life more often then not. If you charge in and refuse to back up and reassess your squad will receive casualties. That said, do as you will. I am eager to see how you overcome the situation. You may have this back if it comforts you."

Akira reached next to him with his right hand while keeping his balance with his left hand and gripped the handle of the sword. With a sudden jerk he yanked it out of the floor mat. Holding it up he saw were he had cracked the edge of the blade a little. He would have to get it replaced. Regardless he idly tossed it across the room. The hilt of it bounced off the mat before it fell on its side and skidded to a stop within a meter of Karumo and far away from Akira. A sword, memories of them and his childhood used to scare him. Growing up in a taijutsu specialized household weapons had always been considerably dangerous. His clan couldn't grasp the concept of Bukijutsu and were surprisingly ill prepared for it. Weak to it even. Still at Karumo's level Akira doubted he would receive any major injury. It wasn't as if Karumo was remotely weak for his rank. The distance between them was just too massive. But Akira was like a cat with a play toy. He didn't see the test as an insult but just something educational and fun. It was impossible for Sekuro to win but watching him try was priceless. At the same time Akira didn't want to just break him and be over with it. The damage the boy had already sustained was more then he had intended. He would have to remember to hold back a bit. Still they were likely about ten or so meters apart. Perhaps Sekuro intended to utilize jutsu. Or perhaps he thought he could get close enough to strike with a weapon but not close enough to be within Akira's reach. Either way the room was a square with Akira in the center. Only about twenty meters were between him and any wall. Fighting Akira in here was stupendously to his advantage. However there was a small part to this whole thing Karumo had not yet considered as far as Akira could tell. The objective was to move Akira from his spot. He could be wrong but he didn't remember saying it had to be due to direct combat. Perhaps Sekuro would begin to plan out his next move now that his injuries had cost him maneuverability and options jutsu wise. If it had been Akira in the reverse roll, the room would be on fire by now. Best of luck just chilling in the middle of a bon fire.

888/3336

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Sekuro stood at the ready, Akira began to speak again, lecturing him on how he needed to be thinking further ahead like a Chuunin would, further continuing his lesson as well, of the necessity of accounting for the team and taking risks wisely, at least that's what he would pull from it. Well the test was merely to move him, not necessarily by force alone, he started to think about more clever ways of getting the Tsuchikage to stand up or move. He re-offered Sekuro his sword, grabbing it tossing it to him while he maintained his balance on the ground, fairly impressive but he wouldn't be needing it for his next plan. He looked at the sword that lay in front of him, he probably could grab it and use his new bukijutsu, but the way in which he blocked that fireball, it would be too easy to stop his attack. Sekuro gazed around the room taking in all amenities, lots of wood and wooden weapons, as well as paper walls, it wasn't exactly a katon friendly environment. He wondered how much Akira valued all of this stuff, he noticed the crack in his sword, which would soon be the least of his problems. It was as they paused waiting for the next thing to happen, to put his plan into action that Sekuro called out, I could easily overcome the situation, the real question is, if I do, how much is it gonna cost me. Sekuro inhaled largely, but not air, he inhaled a large amount of chakra in his throat and mouth and began to exhale it as a flammable gas, a simple enough technique, rotating his head and aiming for the walls, floor, and ceiling, he would spread it out as much as he could across the room.

A foul odor came across the room, it had been a while since he used his jutsu and forgotten the smell, like that of oil, but maybe it was because they were in a tight room with almost no where for the gas to dispel or escape to. He grabbed his three shuriken in his hand, placing them between his fingers, while he formed the tiger seal and breathed in as deeply as he could one last look at Akira and a small smirk before launching the Pheonix Flower Jutsu, he would aim three fireballs directly at Akira with the shuriken being hidden within them, while the remaining fireballs would hit different areas around the room after traveling through the gas. He knew it would be too easy for Akira to block his three fireballs, but with the spacing of each along with the gas being ignited in a quick explosion, he wouldn't be able to account for every fireball, or maybe he could, it would take a powerful jutsu to stop it. The other fireballs would be aimed for strategic locations to start the blaze in many different areas, one for the weapons rack, the wooden staffs and bokken would make great kindling, a few more for various walls, being made of paper and wood they should burn easily, then a few more aimed for where the support beams connected to the roof, he would try to cover as much ground as possible with his attack.

It would be quite difficult for Akira to block all of those, and if he does then so be it, he would have to fall back onto other ideas, but if he wouldn't be able to, then good luck sitting in the middle of what soon would be a wooden kiln, not only would the temperature start increasing but his fireballs aimed at the support beams would begin to jeopardize the structure of the building itself. It was the Tsuchikage after all, he should be able to easily put something like this out, but without standing up or moving, well that would be pretty spectacular to watch. Now he would watch and wait, hopefully he could get Akira to stand up and pass his test, or let the real test begin, but maybe he wasn't in the proper condition to fight a full fight against the Tsuchikage, whether he was holding back or not. Oh well, he would keep his mouth shut and watch as Akira would try to put out the flames that were about to grow into a real problem, but first, he would have to deal with the flaming shuriken heading right for him.

[756 words, 3914 words total]

81/150 Chakra:

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira watched the boy before him weighing his options carefully. It was an interesting thing how much a person could be humbled after experiencing the failure of a direct attack. Yet it was only once someone had been humbled they were forced to think. Forced to consider each scenario. He could almost see the wheels turning as the young man looked down at the sword. The symbol of his rashness before. Still something was a little off about today's lesson. Typically pain, while in manageable amounts was a great tool used to reinforce memory of failure. It lowered the possibility of making the same mistake twice by a considerable amount. Still it was odd. From what Akira could see the boy had already taken the average amount of damage one of his training lessons could dish out. His medical knowledge knew based on how the body moved there was a couple of fractures. However it didn't move entirely as if it was that injured, the body that is. He didn't show a tenderness to the effected area. Its only limited function was what it was physically incapable of doing. Along with that, gazing at those purple eyes he could see no hints of strain or pain. It was a curious thing. Sekuro's file didn't say anything about medical training. Effecting the body in a way that overcame injuries or even healed them was usually a medical technique....no this was something more. He had seen this before. It was something that concerned him more then that dojutsu or that sword. The boy couldn't feel it....he couldn't feel the pain. That alone was a bad thing as much as it was good for him. From a medics perspective or even a civilian doctors pain was how the body measured damage. Without it there was little chance of Sekuro knowing when he was truly in danger. His rib could already be puncturing his organs and he wouldn't know. Akira needed to end this soon just to be safe. A vital organ punctured with a rib could lead to rapid onset issues which would require Akira to preform on the spot surgery. That was not a wise thing to risk.

Still he narrowed those golden eyes and watched as Sekuro made his next move. He watched the boy breath in deeply and almost sighed in relief. He couldn't of done that if a lung was punctured or if it had been pressing against his lungs. A collapsed lung would be a major thing effecting the boy whether he could feel it or not. If a lung collapsed it meant no oxygen or at least not enough was getting into the system. It would result in passing out quickly and if not treated in a timely manner then it would lead to a fatality. Still that was about to be a very small part of the concern. As the young man exhaled an old and familiar scent reached out to Akira. The moment it reached him nostalgia flooded his senses. A memory came to his thoughts. A young boy stood across the training grounds just after graduation. Blonde hair and angry eyes. Across from him was an old friend of Akira's...just a boy at the time but still the aburame had long black hair and was a decent fighter. Lastly sitting on a stump to the side was a white eyed young man...a smirk on his face as was common with a prodigy hyuga. Akira himself. He watched the fight begin and his friend gaining the upper hand quickly just using his bugs at a range. Then that same scent filled the air and his friend had tackled him to the ground behind the stump just before flames filled the air. Then the memory faded. Only taking an instant. He knew that scent all to well. It was called the Misty flame dance. In any fight it held its dangers but in an enclosed room like this, It was not only a danger to Akira but the caster as well. If that gas was ignited then the whole Dojo would burst into flame. With paper doors and wooden walls with mats for a floor the fire would spread at a rapid pace possibly trapping them both in the center of an inferno. Akira would have to give up the test in order to stop the boy from playing this dangerous game.

As the young man brought up the Shuriken to his mouth it was obvious he intended to ignite it. In the time it took him to form that hand seal Akira had slammed his foot into the mat he was sitting on. His toes digging in for a full speed charge as he lifted off and slammed forward at full bursting sprint speed. The mat he had been sitting on decimated by the impact of the take off as parts of it flew into the air revealing the wooden ground beneath. He was already moving like everything around him was in slow motion. The fingers moved ever so slowly as he stepped forward like a blur and reached up with his left hand and his right. As he stepped next to the boy he would reach up and with his left hand try to bend back the wrist of the hand with the shuriken, possibly dislocating the wrist in his urgency. His true goal was his right hand. It slammed up to close the boys mouth with enough force to slam them both back all the way to the wall with the weapon rack and through it against the wall. If he didn't negate his own chakra he was going to be filling his own mouth with fire. Even if he couldn't feel it that was going to do some massive damage. Either way Akira was already focusing some visible green chakra into his hands as both his hands would begin to glow...and then so would Sekuro. His bones resetting and solidifying as the bruises seemed to melt away. As would any burns. It was then that Akira would speak.

"Well, you made me move so you pass. However that jutsu in this confined space is a foolish idea. You yourself would of been cut off from escape rapidly and if neither of us could put out the fire then we would have burned. Granted I could put it out you may not always be so fortunate in the field. You must be sure that you never endanger yourself or your team if it isn't needed. Understand?" As soon as he finished speaking he would lower his hands from the boys mouth and wrist (Assuming all this had connected....ignore passed the attempt if it doesn't) And wait for a response. Crossing his arms and looking to the freshly healed young man sternly.

1158/4494

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Sekuro stood ready to launch his projectiles and ignite the room, an inferno that not even the Tsuchikage could ignore. As he formed the hand seal the room changed, it was as if a wind was forming in front of him and before he could fully compress the chakra outwards, Akira had gotten to him and had his hand over his mouth, intent on not letting even a bit of flame escape. His seal being broken by a forceful grab and the wrist being broken along with it, his eyes shifting to catch his opponent and his next move, he could do one of two things at this moment, either break free and ignite the room or to neutralize his chakra and cancel as much of the jutsu as possible. Not to spite his opponent he worked quickly to swallow and neutralize his chakra, cancelling the jutsu but still some converted to flames, he had never done it before and the sloppiness of it would show as his inner being would be burnt by the fire that didn't fade away. He watched as Akira removed his hand and began applying a jutsu, with a green aura to him, most likely a med technique to repair what damage had been done already. But as his hand removed Sekuro would open his mouth, heat and some smoke escaping as it spewed forward, only another thing he would need to have fixed.

But before he made his scene and before he was being healed Akira would begin to speak again, more wisdom for him to consider in his battles, "Well, you made me move so you pass. However that jutsu in this confined space is a foolish idea. You yourself would of been cut off from escape rapidly and if neither of us could put out the fire then we would have burned. Granted I could put it out you may not always be so fortunate in the field. You must be sure that you never endanger yourself or your team if it isn't needed. Understand?" after Sekuro regained his words, a now raspy voice let out, I understand, getting you to move was the objective though, against a lesser opponent and I probably would have gotten them with my sword trick, but the way you blocked the fire ball, I figured you could stop the inferno. Somehow atleast. But I do understand, and I do want to apologize for threatening to burn down your dojo here. a chuckle filled his voice that had become clearer as the healing jutsu was taking affect. He wondered if Akira would share the same sense of humor he did, even a little bit, or enough whimsy to smile at the thought. As he waited for him to finish healing he stretched out his limbs and began to feel what was back in place and seeing if anything had been left behind. I'm guessing you also noticed that injuries don't really phase me, they never have really, at least not that I can remember any how. But anyways, Sekuro cleared his throat and finished stretching his body out, he seemed to have been cleared of his injuries.

What's next, do you have any more tests you'd like me to complete? he would wait for Akira's response, he would be fine with more tests if he had any. Or maybe he had more advice he could give him to keep him ready to go for battle, or maybe he would approve him and send him on some mission soon. As a chuunin he would be taking missions of a much higher level and degree of difficulty and he would need to be ready for it. Anything that Akira could tell him or provide would be a huge help to him as he would prepare for the next step in his journey as a ninja.

[653 words, 4567 words total]

Chakra 81/150:

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira sighed audibly as he listened to the hoarse words of his subordinate. Or rather one of the many soldiers under him. He was being asked to put this kid in charge of others and hand him more responsibilities. A whole new world of dangers out there for him to face and certainly a series of new experiences. Any one of which could cost him his life. Or worse, make him responsible for the death of someone under him. That kind of trauma was hard to recover from. Still Akira had been a kid at the time of his promotion too. The difference being he wasn't in charge of anyone. Still the first death of a squad mate weighed on him to that very moment. As it always would. He hadn't been prepared to save her and she was forever lost. It had heavily motivated his decisions when he had been faced with taking down half his squad later after she had been replaced. He had refused and for a time he thought it had ruined his life. Now he saw differently but for years it had effected him. Golden eyes studied Karumo Sekuro for a moment longer before Akira stepped back and moved to a table. Picking up a pack of smokes before pulling one out and lighting it between his lips. He took in a long drag before blowing out a smoke ring followed by a couple of smaller ones before speaking calmly.

"No more tests boy. You did indeed pass. However, from here on out each decision you make carries weight. You are no longer a child and as a chunnin you won't be treated as such. You will be responsible for more then just your clan and yourself. I am assigning you a team mate soon for a mission. I want you both back here in my office afterwards and alive. I will have the paperwork looked over and signed by tomorrow morning. Go celebrate your promotion but keep these lessons in mind as well as my words. You are dismissed."

Akira would watch the boy leave and offer a bow of his head as some sign of respect before taking another drag on his smoke. It was stressful letting kids be the soldiers in his army. it weighed on him considerably but there was little he could do about that. Still it didn't mean he couldn't let it bother him. He needed soldiers for Iwa to prosper. The other countries were gaining power and they had no qualms with the concept. He ran one hand through his thick hair and looked down at his smokes. It was a sad world they lived in. But the mission he had planned for the two boys might be one of the final steps he needed in order to change the world if they succeeded. He left the dojo and moved quietly down the hall to his own private quarters. Unlocking the door with his chakra and stepping inside. He closed the door behind him and moved to his desk. Settling into the leather chair and leaning forward to put his smoke out in the ash tray as his computer lit up. His hands lifted and grazed the keyboard ever so gently as he typed in his log in and password to the school system. He finished logging in and pulled up two files. A file on an up and coming medic named Harichimo. A student of his in the past that had made chunnin recently. The stats on the kid were promising but still low. Not for his rank for certain but not nearly his full potential. A Kazako like what Akira was pretending to be. The notes on him were similarly limited but linked to mission reports as well as observations. An honorable but naive boy. A focused taijutsu med nin. Able to hold his own and heal both himself and allies. If nothing else he resembled Akira greatly. Most of the clan did. It was why Akira had chosen the clan to begin with. A good and promising candidate for the task at hand.

The second file he pulled up was Karumo Sekuro. He updated the rank to chunnin and put in his secondary password to expedite the process. Karumo was marked as a slightly different case. His file had an extra symbol on it which meant clan head. An individual of political importance to the daimyo's court. The symbol was to wave off people on sending the individual alone on any risky missions without sufficient back up. A slight growl rose from Akira's throat as he looked over that symbol. He wouldn't deny that the kid had potential. He wouldn't even suggest otherwise. He just didn't like that the others were considered cannon fodder in comparison. Still they couldn't deny Akira's stamp as Kage sending who he wanted on what missions he liked. That aside the mission at hand needed a political figure. The head of a dojutsu clan located strictly in Iwagakure was a decent choice of emissaries. The issue was the boys were going into unknown territory out of country. Akira couldn't send a standing force into Sunagakure without it possibly coming across as hostile action to the other countries. Two chunnin were a potential power but not enough to equal a threat. Still he looked across Sekuro's stats. Bukijutsu specialist with a tendency for pyrotechnics. It meant he was prone to lighting things on fire when pushed into a situation. He would have to trust the young man on this one to show some discretion. Of course he was going to send him anyway. If the situation fell apart someone willing to envelope the area in fire could come in use. He wasn't eager to pick a fight with Suna. But if they picked a fight with two of his kids, they would be taught a lesson in Iwa's lack of tolerance. He intended to offer the carrot but he would show up in person if he had to use the stick. And if he had to show up in person he was going to be a very, big, stick.

Still he had hopes the mission would work. Reports of merchants guards that had been hired via Iwa to travel to and from Suna was struggling as an economy at the moment. Most of its standing force was chunnin or less. One of its chunnin was in Iwa to begin with. It wasn't like they couldn't take on two chunnin if they wanted to. He wasn't sending them to attack anyways. His attack dog, Yosuke was less then present as of late anyway. That specific dog was on a leash anyway. One Akira wondered if he still had control over or if the young man had broken free. He hoped the individual wouldn't need to have a leash for much longer. It all depended on maturity and mercy. Knowing when to stomp the ground and when to walk away was important to Akira. Still he was not sending Yosuke anyway. He opened a document and prepared an order of rare items and materials Suna might need. He placed his billing account on it and sent it via email to be collected via his personal secretary. She would be sure to order it all without fail. After which he sent an email assigning both Harichimo and Sekuro as two Chunnin escorts to deliver both the gifts and a trade agreement that Akira had used with both Konoha and Kiri before. A simple trade agreement allowing trade to flow along a guarded route between Suna and Iwa and a conditional peace offering that neither side takes hostile action against the other without just cause. Essentially a peace offering to Suna. An olive branch he intended to extend to all five countries if he could.

Karumo was to be lead on this one as acting diplomat for Iwagakure. Harichimo would be assisting as a medic or fighter as needed. While it was a simple task it was of vast importance. Still Akira sighed as he finished arranging it. Karumo and Harichimo would both be notified of the new orders but not for a couple of days. Karumo had new licences to purchase new gear and jutsu scrolls per his new rank. Not to mention his clan would likely want to celebrate his promotion. He sighed as he logged off and moved to his bed to lay down on it and stretch out. He needed this to go well. But to be honest he was gambling. If it worked he only had one more country to manipulate into world peace with Iwa before making the country the richest country out of all five with trades with all of the other four. What made it uncomfortable for him however was the fact that the chips at stake were lives. Not just any lives but the lives of children in prominent positions they shouldn't of had to shoulder until an older age. If this went sideways....and it very well could. Akira could be staring down a civil war. He sighed and covered his eyes with one arm and tried to get some sleep. It was going to be one of the few times he could with so much stress building.

Exit thread
1574/6068
Speed
S-1 ~> S-2, 2000 words and 375 Ryo.
S-2 ~> S-3, 2250 words and 400 Ryo.
Perception
S ~> S-1, 1750 words and 350 Ryo.

Karumo

Karumo

D-rank
Sekuro waited for his reply, as Akira shuffled about and grabbed something to smoke, a rather curious tendency as people usually smoked to relax or relieve stress. He wondered if what he said was stressing him out, having to deal with a genin trying to become chuunin must be a pain in his eyes, a menial task at best for him to deal with. Akira studied Sekuro, looking him over and Sekuro would return the gesture, although staying standing straight up, hands together in the small of his back as he waited, trying to show as if he had some discipline in him. He would hold the pose as Akira would begin to speak, "No more tests boy. You did indeed pass. However, from here on out each decision you make carries weight. You are no longer a child and as a chunnin you won't be treated as such. You will be responsible for more then just your clan and yourself. I am assigning you a team mate soon for a mission. I want you both back here in my office afterwards and alive. I will have the paperwork looked over and signed by tomorrow morning. Go celebrate your promotion but keep these lessons in mind as well as my words. You are dismissed." for the first part, Sekuro gulped and took the words in, not looking at him directly and keeping his head slightly down. But towards the end of his statement, Sekuro could only help but feel happy, he was going to receive a mission, his first major task for the village, it was a lot to take in for Sekuro, he would definitely have to ponder the thoughts and advice given him but he was also excited for his promotion all the same.  Akira bowed and Sekuro did the same, Thank you, Lord Akira, I will do my absolute best and won't let you down. he said whole heartedly and a smile on his face. And with that, Sekuro took leave of Akira, and headed home to unwind and relax a bit, celebrate as Akira had said.

For the rest of the day, Sekuro would stay in his apartment and relax, shedding his normal attire for shorts and a t-shirt with his clan emblem on the back of it. He had debated going out to find Nobari and celebrating a bit with her, or maybe Fukai and Harichimo wouldn't be busy, but then again, it wasn't even the weekend, not exactly the best time to go out and celebrate. Finding his way to his couch with his book, he would spend the rest of the night in, just relaxing and waiting, finding an early bed time to rest, tomorrow he might not have any immediate tasks to perform but he would still be a chuunin of the village. Sekuro had moved from genin to chuunin very quickly, he probably could have trained more, or developed some more jutsu or just gotten more experiennce first as well but now he would just have to learn at a higher level, which meant the curve would be lower and the room for error even lower than that.

[532 words, 5099 words total]

[Exit Thread]

Training:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.