You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Toraika

Toraika

D-rank
How long had it been? How many days and months and years had it been since Toraika stepped foot inside her home. She had to admit that she missed quite a few things about Sunagakure while she stayed out on her travels, but she knew it was mostly for her own benefit and the villages entirely. They were struggling and it wasn't hard to tell. Suna wasn't the thriving and powerful village it once was and the people were beginning to feel it. She knew that as she walked through the main areas of the village. She looked a lot different than she used to. Toraika wasn't fond of her blonde hair when she was younger, being made fun of once by a boy she had a crush on in the Academy. He said she looked dumb with her hair that color, and she absolutely despised the sting she felt when she looked in the mirror next. All she ever wanted was to be seen as successful and strong within her abilities but if her hair made her look a certain way, she would change it. Ever since, her Mother found a way for it to be the bright pink she donned throughout her genin and special jounin years. Once she left the village, she didn't have her Mother to dye it, so she let it fade and wash out until her golden locks shone through. After a while, she enjoyed the look and she began to sport it completely natural. With her new look, and her fully grown body, she wasn't the little girl that used to roam the streets of Sunagakure. No one would really recognize her at least for a while and she would be used to that.

Walking into her home after being gone for three long years, the house smelled of vanilla and rosewater, just like her Mother always did. With a deep inhale of the beautiful aroma, she smiled and called out to her Mother. "I'm home! Where are you?" The woman hurried down the hall to her Mother's room and saw her as she closed her closet. With a tight embrace, Toraika was reunited with the only person in the world she had left. She looked as if she had aged even more than she should have, and her body was frail and weak. Toraika didn't enjoy the sight, but adored it all the same, telling her Mother all about her travels and training the rest of the evening until they fell asleep.

The next day, Toraika got ready and settled into her old room early in the morning so that she could get to the hospital by dawn. About the time she left, she was promoted to one of the head Medics within the hospital due to the lack of highly ranked shinobi with the necessary skills. This inly made her feel worse for leaving when she did. That's why she would make it up to her people starting today. The sun hadn't risen yet before Toraika was finishing the paperwork to return back to where she left off. She met and greeted many of her friends and fellow medics throughout the hospital, and was told that she was going to need to meet the new young genin and chuunin medics that joined them once she was gone. This excited the girl, knowing that she would get to help these young ninja become stronger using the skills she learned while away. In the meantime, what made her return to her village so abruptly and go back to her old life was the new jutsu she was studying. It was an S rank jutsu that hardly anyone in the world actually mastered. She knew this was going to make it even more difficult but she also knew she would persevere through it. It just took a few years of complete chakra control with a heightened sense of medical abilities to truly master the jutsu.

It had been a few years already and she planned on the jutsu being complete in just a few days or so. This meant in the case she wasn't able to control the mass amount of chakra she had been storing, she could die in the wrong environment. After all, it was time to be back home with her people and her patients and her friends. Just as she exited a patient's room, another medic came to her and began explaining that there was a young genin that would be shadowing her while she worked in the hospital. "Her name is Ren and she has great potential! She helps out around here often and she truly will take a lot from watching you work, will you please allow it?" The medic pleaded, however Toraika was already sold on the idea much before this. The idea of getting a new student excited her and she felt the surge of this news to be a blessing. "Of course she can shadow me. Send her into my office when she arrives today and I'm sure I can teach her a thing or two before our shifts end today." Of course there was plenty that could be done and taught and learned as long as the girl came ready and willing to succeed. She hoped that this Ren girl had the motivation and longing that was needed in a good medic.

WC: [901/2250]

Ren Sabaku

Ren Sabaku

D-rank
Early mornings were the worst, what was silent calmness and serenity in sleep turned to chaos and grogginess. Ren's head lay heavily into her pillow with a quiet relaxation that left her wanting even more, pure comfort. The temperature of the room was fine, a fan circulating the cool air in the room around but the comforter kept Ren nice and warm as she was curled up. A heavy head laid into her hand and sunk it into the pillow, but it didn't last long. The stunned sleep was interrupt by the ringing of alarms bursting out with gusto, her short daze carried on. The sound rang out, but at first, she didn't notice it, too tired to really care for its noise. The first few beeps melded in with her dreaming state, as if it were all the same but the closer she came to consciousness the more daunting the noise became and the more frustrated Ren became.

A slow morning to say the least, it dragged on as she got herself ready through varying means from washing up and getting her clothing ready, the standard hospital scrubs in that off beige color that gave little fashion sense but was comfortable in some way. It beat dressing formally at the very least, and it was also better than the jackets she wore for missions and other bulkier clothing to offer some resistance to damage. Still, after everything was imparted and Ren was, allegedly, ready to face the day she dragged her backpack over a single shoulder. A variety of texts, scrolls, notes, and other papers on the medical field and its science within the bag that Ren had been studying and reading. All part of her internship at the hospital, ever learning and practicing to expand her skills and confidence. But the most important piece to her entire wardrobe and setup for the day was the large cup of tea to help energize her and get her ready. The cup steamed with the aroma of that savory liquid.

Ren dragged herself around through the streets to the hospital, early morning smiles and cool air as the sun began to rise up in the air. Birds chirping as clouds blocked out sections of light and the morning dew began to glisten on the ground. It wasn't long until she reached the glass doors of the hospital and pushed them open to the cool air and the front desk with security and some secretaries and other staff moving about. Ren nodded and raised her cup slightly in recognition of their 'Good Mornings' and such. But they didn't gain her full attention until one called out her name, "Ren! We found you a mentor to shadow and all, you should go up and introduce yourself before you get yourself setup..." she handed a small note along with the office number.

Luckily, this persons office wasn't too far that Ren and a few of the other students own desks and such. The office number and the persons name were written on the note, Toraika Yoisha, a name that Ren might have seen in passing but never truly noticed before if she had seen it before. Making her way down the halls and stairwells to get to the office, morning grog slowly dragging her onward in the quiet places and in the public spaces she would carry about her false clarity and smile. Soon, she would approach the office marked from her number and knock upon the door before entering in. Tired looks, backpack, and drink in hand, the groggy Ren would enter in to great her new mentor as soon as she was invited to.

[618 words total]

Toraika

Toraika

D-rank
Knock knock-

The sound of the light tapping on her office door pulled her up and out of her state of concentration. There was a strange outbreak throughout the village recently that seemed to come from some sort of poison. She wasn't quite sure what what the poison was from or if it came from the air or a plant or an animal or even a food. So because of this, Toraika was trying to find a connection to all the patients affected by the poison. The symptoms of being infected were mostly external which led her to believe that it was something that the patents ate, seeing as how she wasn't affected and she was dealing with patients all day. Her research was neatly stacked around her, and she had just finished making some lavender tea, in which the scent flowed around the room. "Oh, come in." She said calmly with an excited smile plastered to her face. She did her best to dial it back as she stood up quickly and dusted herself off to look more presentable. She was wearing her normal white dress she always wore while working within the village. Toraika's white dress was spaghetti strapped and was in the style of a sundress that went down to her mid thigh. Her white matching ninja heels suited her outfit well and finally she had a hospital mask around her neck. The woman herself was very polite and welcoming normally, so in this situation she was even more approachable. She knew that the girl was a young genin but as the door opened, she saw her for the first time. She looked tired and as if she had just woke up. It seemed that the only thing the girl actually did was show up on time, but her enthusiasm was lacking. Not wanting to judge the girl by her cover, she gently grasped her hand and gave her a warm smile. "I'm Yoisha Toraika, but you're free to just call me by my first name or even Sensei. I'm a skilled medic here in the hospital but I'm sure we could both learn a lot from each other. Are you prepared for a completely submerged training session?" She asked the girl curiously with an expression that showed she meant business just as she said. There was plenty to be discussed and even more that needed to get done with such a short handed staff which seemed to be the key issue at the moment.

WC: 1319

Ren Sabaku

Ren Sabaku

D-rank
Ren lazed in at the call to enter, cheering herself up a bit to a hopefully, more awake mannerism and posture. Her bag would be slacking a bit around her shoulder and the cup would be gripped tightly. Ren bowed slightly as she entered in through the crest of the doorway, a blonde woman not too much older than Ren sat in the room, looking busy as ever. An excited smile, she seemed to be perfectly content with the demise of having to be awake early. She continued on though, introducing herself far faster than Ren anticipated, "I'm Yoisha Toraika, but you're free to just call me by my first name or even Sensei. I'm a skilled medic here in the hospital but I'm sure we could both learn a lot from each other. Are you prepared for a completely submerged training session?"

Ren blinked for a second as she hesitated to answer, her eyes locked into where Yoisha's would be. Her heart beat felt a little heavy, nervous to answer and not sure how she felt. Her new mentor was certainly a little more... quick to action and prepared than Ren was, but still Ren did her best to cover up her lack of enthusiasm due to fatigue. "Oh hello, I'm Ren Sabaku! Just an assistant here at the hospital while I train and a genin for the village all the same..." she shook her head in response, offering her own name as an introduction.

"I definitely am ready! I'm glad I'm in the right place here then. I suppose I'm ready, at least, I'll do the best I can!" she offered with a smile. As she stood there, "What do you have planned to start with? Should I put my things down... or?" she hesitated and pointed her thumb back towards the door, trying to motion to the small desk the hospital afforded her and some other students for their studies and paperwork. She would wait for a response, not totally sure what to make of her situation just yet, but really glad she had a sensei that seemed upbeat, ready to teach, and hopeful for the situation. More so than a fatigued Ren would be...

[378 words, 996 words total]

Toraika

Toraika

D-rank
This girl seemed mature for her age, but a bit lazy. Of course she was excited to begin, but Toraika wondered if the girl really was ready for what she was about to have her do. She looked more sleepy than tired after all, but if she was going to be at work the next day, why not show up more prepared? Slowly, as Toraika calculated her next move, really thinking about how to deal with this girl, her mood went from eager, welcoming, and calm to a bit disappointed. Her soft hair was being twisted in between her fingers and she sighed exasperatingly as she placed her hands on her large hips. "Well I don't think you're going to do at all... I'll have to have them send you back to the Academy to relearn the basics of being a Medical Nin because you simply aren't cutting it as is.. I'm sure I can get the paperwork done quickly before the end of the day to get you transferred back over. I have a great relationship with the instructors there so I should be able to have you in a class within a day at least. What do you think Miss Sabaku?" She asked as she stood up and received the transfer papers from a filing cabinet nearby and Ren's file from another.

Now she sat back at her desk, filling them out. What would the girl say to this? Or would she perk up a bit more? Toraika wanted to know. "I mean you just don't seem to be motivated enough or truly inspired to be here. The most important key to being a great Medic is to have a real purpose for being here. I don't see yours. Tell me, did you not see how serous I take my responsibility as just being your mentor? I thought they would send me someone who loved to train as a medic as much as I did as a genin and even still now. Do you think you fit that description as a Medic, or do you want to go back to the Academy? If you want to be here and get stronger and more skilled, prove it. Now." She instructed, the calm and kindness from her voice as she looked at the girl seriously with a stern look on her face, which was rarely seen of Toraika.

Within the next second, Toraika had pulled a scalpel from her leg compartment, and sliced herself cleanly across the right leg. The cut was straight and precise yet bleeding out at a rapid pace. She clutched the arms of her desk chair, facing Ren with an expectant look on her face. "Prove you want to be here and keep me from bleeding out and dying." She repeated, hoping to get the message better understood by the young genin before her. Toraika's methods were brutal and unorthodox, but she had a perfect record to back her up. Not a single patient ever lost.

WC: 1811/2250

Ren Sabaku

Ren Sabaku

D-rank
Ren's eyes widened as she couldn't believe what she was hearing and seeing, she knew she was tired.. but was it that bad? Had she already left such a horrible first impression that... well, to warrant sending her back to the academy? She gulped a second as she began to fidget nervously, waiting for a chance to interject if she could find it, leaving her a chance at the end of the rant, leaning back in her chair with a powerful stance, intimidation tactics at their finest. Poor Ren on the other hand, could recognize but hadn't the gall to challenge or anything, nervously scrapping words that first came to her head from the back of her throat, showing a total lack of confidence that she would display more times than not,

"Well, I don't... I-I-I suppose that decision is up to you and all but... I don't think I would really do anything there? I mean.. I passed the academy classes already? so... I don't think I'd have anything to learn." her new mentor, whether she would have anything to add onto her most recent and choppy statements, she would eventually continue on with her... threats? Or rather, attempts at motivation. Filling out the papers she held at her desk, Ren watched and listened a bit nervously, never really having so much expected of her so quickly. Questioning Ren's resolve and motivation, energy or enthusiasm, however one went about describing it, it would eat away at her patience a bit, wondering how long she had to endure the lecture before she could retort or lay herself out in front of her mentor.

Her stare tore daggers through Ren's soul, serious. That was all she could think of, wondering about how much smarting off would cost her, but before she could act, think, or respond, Toraika had stood and withdrawn a scalpel and cut her leg with little hesitation. Ren gasped a second and watched as that red liquid began to flow out, she gripped back on the chair and challenged Ren, who had already dropped her back to the ground and stepped forward to the side of her desk with some hesitation, "Prove you want to be here and keep me from bleeding out and dying." Ren understood well. She had to act, almost like a test, but... on herself? It was extreme, it put her into a state of adrenaline rush as she began to think through all of her training and prowess.

Looking onward immediately, the cut against her was straight and clean, expertly cut, but was bleeding fast, far faster than most. It pierced through the subcutaneous fats then? Maybe knicking a smaller artery or two in the same cut... a dangerous cut to say the least, but the cut itself wouldn't kill, the blood loss was far more dangerous. She had a choice to make here, calling out for a medical kit, trying to press the bleeding and suture it by hand which would be both lengthy and time consuming to gather supplies, and she said to prove herself. What else would a test be for if not to really push at her abilities, meaning that her best shot, and more reasonable choice would be to use chakra, though, were her techniques really up to par for Toraika?

She stepped up and glanced down at the cut, sliding each sleeve back a bit as she pushed chakra to her hands, she knew how she could start first, numbing the region up first and saving her sensei a bit of the pain, pushing that glowing green chakra out as her hands hovered over her leg. A short presence of the numbing chakra would be fine, the cut wouldn't be truly that deep... Ren hoped. It didn't appear so at least, and the deeper tissue cut wouldn't have nearly as many nerve endings as the surface tissues did. First, she would place the Temporary Healing Technique, scab of chakra on her leg, letting it passively begin healing her leg. With a combination of that and Ren pressing more green chakra of Hovering Hands, and her leg should be healed in no time and like brand new!

[714 words, 1710 words total]
[120/150 Chakra]

Jutsu Used:

Toraika

Toraika

D-rank
"Well done Ren. You're going to be a great kouhai." 

Toraika smiled cheerfully as she gently caressed the girl's face with her delicate hands. Of course, Toraika could have easily healed herself in half the time with half the chakra if the girl wasn't up to the task. She also would never have sent her back to the Academy. The entire time, she was using the urgency and pressure to push her, and luckily enough it worked even better than she had hoped. The cut was just about gone and she was beginning to feel just like new. 

"A bit of constructive criticism, if the wound is bad and blood is being lost, do not concern yourself with an anesthetic. I can handle pain. I can't handle death though, can I? If you train under me from now on, I will have you healing wounds ten times as bad under half the time and chakra. I will make you something great if you come knowing that this is a serious job. We medics, are the closest to being on the same level as God. It is up to us if people live, or if they die. I have not once walked into the hospital not knowing that. I have never once walked into this hospital looking tired and unprofessional. We have the most important jobs, because if we die or don't take our role serious enough, people will die. Do you understand why I put you through all this now?" 

Toraika smiled reassuringly at the girl so that she would know that her best interest was in mind. The outbreak came to mind as she heard a disturbance outside the office down the hall. She stood up slowly, aware she lost a bit of blood a moment ago. Then she made her way to the door, opening it to see what was going on, only to be ambushed by the head nurse. 

"It's horrible, the patient that showed signs of recovery this morning is relapsing and going into stasis! We need you in the room immediately!"

With that she was gone and Toraika felt fear strike through her. The patient was hers and she was growing quite fond of him. The poison that was effecting everyone was unfamiliar and unlike anything she had ever came across. Luckily enough, she was beginning to have a breakthrough in her research not long before Ren had arrived. She had three different antidotes mixed up and ready to try, only she wanted to experiment with them before actually applying them to the patients since she was unaware of what the side effects would be or if they would even work. Sometimes, she needed to take a chance and this was as good a time as any. If it didn't work, the patient would die either way. 

"Ren, I'm sure you've heard of it, but there is a poison affecting all types of people in the village at mass rates. Many have been dying and no one can figure out an antidote. I was put on the head of the research team and I believe I found something that may work. I would like you to join me in the patient's room, but try not to let yourself be too caught off guard by what you may see. Are you ready?"

With that being said, Toraika hurried down the hall, putting on a doctor's coat and gathering her medical supplies as well as the antidotes. When she arrived in the patient's room,  a couple nurses were applying  CPR. Things were about to get extremely serious. She hoed her new student would be able to handle it, and prove herself as well as she just had.

WC: 632 of 2882

Ren Sabaku

Ren Sabaku

D-rank
"Well done Ren. You're going to be a great kouhai." the words were a reassurance if nothing else. She took a heavy sigh of relief, the air in her chest physically felt deflating as the stress and anxiety of the situation faded away, Toraika smiled in acknowledgement and caressed her face. Ren gulped a bit nervously, it was... a bit intimate, perhaps too much but Ren fidgeted only slightly before... the lecture came along. Toraika would like to call it constructive criticism, but... this early in the morning while Ren's coffee was still circulating through her system. Half the words would... blend in with each other, noting not to bother numbing wounds first, but it was more a courtesy and the jutsu had some minor healing power along with it. Still, Ren listened tentatively to the words and nodded afterwards understanding, speaking up to add on, "Of course, I understand, I'm sorry it's just been a slow morning for me..."

Ren said a bit bashfully, chuckling a bit as she reached for the back of her head and became very nervous, even turning a bit red. There was really no major reason for her... fatigue, other than being up to late tending to her habits and hobbies, the latest news in the world and reading her books. Still, she wouldn't have much time to explain herself after the fact before Toraika heard the commotion in the hallway and ran upon the head nurse to be briefed on the situation in front of her.

Ren watched for a moment, her eyes weren't always the most perceptive of everyone but she noticed the look burst through Toraika's demeanor. Was it fear or worry? A distilled anxiety that shook her to her core in that brief moment before she turned to Ren again, "Ren, I'm sure you've heard of it, but there is a poison affecting all types of people in the village at mass rates. Many have been dying and no one can figure out an antidote. I was put on the head of the research team and I believe I found something that may work. I would like you to join me in the patient's room, but try not to let yourself be too caught off guard by what you may see. Are you ready?" Ren listened to all of it and knew almost about the poison that had struck quite a few people. Well, she'd never interacted with it directly in any form at the hospital, but she heard the rumors and all else in the break rooms and among the gossip of other staff.

Ren followed suit though, Toraika flung a coat on and proceeded to walk promptly down the hallway. Following after in her standard issue scrubs, Ren followed her into the patient's room where nurses were trying to keep the man alive already. Things seemed tense as they called out numbers and other information to each other, vital signs and the techniques for CPR for documentation. Ren stood just behind Toraika to her right shoulder as she waited for instruction, waiting to see what would happen and what Toraika's plan was.

[537 words, 2247 words total]
[120/150 Chakra]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.