You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:32 am

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
It was raining in the village of Kumogakure, the clouds above were grey and dull while the winds seemed to lash at everything like a whip. Not one of Kumo's good days obviously but it rarely ever was; you'd be lucky if the sun was showing and when it did it was warm! Too warm to be exact.

Karoshi had decided earlier that morning that she needed to get better informed on the human anatomy if she was ever going to become like the great Tsunade, the greatest medical ninja there ever was. She'd been to the library for a couple of hours, searching the selves for any human biology books that she hadn't read. She'd only been able to find one that only chuunin and higher up could read; a little bit of stealing never hurt anyone and besides, it's for a good cause! Not like anyone was going to notice ONE book missing from the dust infested shelves. Maybe she could get a job at the library, you know, to clean up the sections that were unattended?

Entering the bar, the music loud and festive with a few people littering the insides of it. Smelled mostly of alcohol and urine but what else is there to expect? As she walked through the bar, getting a few either funny or dirty looks from the older men, she proceeded onto a staircase around the back leading up to a more secluded part of the bar. It may have been restricted for staff only but a little jump out from a window, land on the opposite building and jump back through another window higher up never stopped any ninja. She'd done this too many times that it was basically a routine she did. No one ever came up here anyway. The room was large, the ceiling high. There were a few cobwebs in the corners of the room but the floor was clean at least and the room was littered with furniture and besides, if anyone was to show, she could easily hide behind one of the paintings behind her or the mirror next to her.

Walking over to the couch she usually went to, a blanket neatly folded over it, she brought up her left leg, crossed it as she turned and sat on it. Rather strange way to sit down but everyone has their weird quirks. She opened her book, dust flying off of the pages as she coughed in surprise. That was it, she was going to clean up that damned library if it killed her. Wafting her long orange hair, she sat back and began to study more into her biology.

2Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:44 am

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye happened to be wandering along the streets of Kumo when the heavens let loose with downpour of water and slicing winds. Since he was still somewhat new to Kumo, he didn't know where he could possibly go to get out of it. Because he had lived in Suna for his whole life, he had never experienced rain before. Looking around for some open and dry spot, he first saw a bar, but didn't think he belonged there. He quickly spotted an open window next to it though. The building that it was on didn't seem to be occupied, so the window was his best choice. Leaping up to the upper rooftops, he quickly jumped through the window and looked back.

His clothes were soaked by the rain. He had spent too much time trying escape the rain. Thankfully he was dry now, and wasn't going outside until the rain either calmed down or stopped completely. "So that's rain..." He thought to himself as he turned to look inside the room he had just jumped into. The room was definitely old, seeing how there was cobwebs and a bit of dust. He didn't quite realize that someone else was in there as well.

3Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:54 am

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
Hearing two light sounds of feet, gently hitting the floor, Karo looked up and noticed another person though they didn't dress like a normal Kumo ninja. Maybe he wasn't from around here?
Tilting her head slightly at the person, reality hit her hard. Oh god. There was someone else in this exact same room as her! Somewhere that she deemed safe and hidden! Oh no! It's been compromised! Almost as soon as she realized this, she flipped her body backwards, still holding onto her book and landed just behind the chair in almost complete silence, her long orange hair slowly floating down to her sides.

Pressing her back against the chairs back, her face began to turn red from embarrassment. If she's found it could go one of two ways; This person could be a jounin or higher and she could get into trouble for stealing from a local facility or this person wasn't higher but still, human contact with a stranger? Oh dear god!

4Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:17 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye looked down to see what the water did to him. His clothes and hair was all drenched from his time in the rain. It looked almost like he jumped into a pool with his clothes on. Lifting up the bottom of his shirt, he twisted it and caused a bit of water to come dripping out. He couldn't help but laugh out loud at how much water had come out of his clothes. After he was somewhat dry, he turned and looked at the room again. He realized that he was going to be stuck in the room for a while, so he decided to take a look around.

Walking forward, he noticed that a bit of dust was displaced. Some had more, some had less. He quickly shook the thought out and just decided to ignore it. "Wow... this place is kinda old..." He said to himself as he slowly wandered through the room. Passing a few pictures and stopping at the couch to look at a mirror, it didn't look like he noticed anything unusual.

Last edited by Skye Nekito on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
Karo moved in unison to the newcomers footsteps, covering the noise that her footsteps made, a bead of sweat dripping from the end of her nose and onto the ground. She was going to try and make a run for it out the window to avoid being caught, she didn't want this person to know of her though she didn't really know his true intentions.

As she made her way to the end of the couch, getting read to leap for the window, she got up and decided to sneak to the window ledge, getting up on it. As she got up on the ledge, her left foot got snagged on one of the furniture pieces and in turn, caused her to trip and stagger out the window. In a panic she screamed and began flapping her arms as she tripped and began to fall out of the window. If she couldn't recover from this she was going to go to the hospital for a long time. As a last minute resort, she turned and stretched out her smooth, elegant hand for the stranger to latch onto and pull her in. Oh god, not today!

6Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye had noticed the girl in the mirror and watched her as she leaped for the window. Before he could say anything, she was already at the window. As soon as she started to trip, Skye was already running to catch her. The girl had stretched her arm out and Skye grabbed it without thinking. The rain had made his grip slightly slippery, but he was still able to hold on tight. "Hold on... I got you." He yanked her up with one single pull and was able to get both himself and this girl back inside. He had fallen down once the girl was inside. Everything was silent, at least until Skye started to laugh to himself. "Yikes, that was close. You alright?" His voice sounded concerned but still jumpy because of his slight laughing.

7Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:09 pm

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
the grip of this guy was strong! It hurt slightly! As he pulled her in with one pull, she more or less floated back through, her legs coiled up to her buttocks as she stretched them out and stood just a few feet away from where the man had fallen. He began to laugh to himself, rather strange for someone to do that but she was grateful. Bowing down ever so slightly, she smiled back at him and nodded in reply to his question.
"Thank you for that! I'd be in some serious trouble if it wasn't for you there." She said in a shy tone. Stretching out her hand, she lent over to help him up.
"My name is Karoshi Zetsumei. Thank you!" He light, somewhat, angelic voice seemed to flow with such smoothness! Like if silk was to run along your skin slowly, almost as if your skin was being caressed by a cloud!

8Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:29 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye gratefully took the girl's hand and jumped up from the floor. He tilted his head slightly and checked to see if this girl he had saved was okay. Once he was sure, he nodded and smiled. "My name is Skye Nekito. And no problem." Since he was already holding her hand from getting helped up, he happily shook it. Looking back out at the window, he saw more rain starting to come down. "I never expected rain to come down when it did." He turned back and smiled once more. "So what are you doing in here? Are you trying to avoid the rain too?"

9Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:44 pm

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
As Skye shook her hand, her face began to turn red. Huma contact. PHYSICAL human contact! In a rush she slipped her hand out from his when they had finished shaking and smiled, her bottom lip shaking slightly.

To be honest, the rain never really bothered her in the slightest. She kind of liked the rain actually and would sometimes be found outside wearing her swim suit. Strange yes but she enjoyed the feel of the raindrops hitting off of her skin and how it felt went her body released a quick jolt of warmth to try and heat it's self up. Coming back into reality, she realized she hadn't answered his question.
"Uhm, no I wasn't actually. I was studying up on my biology." She said, her body slightly quivering from the cold that the wind was blowing in.

Looking around for a brief moment, she saw her book, lying next to the window, some water splashing on the cover as it poured down outside. "Oh no!" She exclaimed, running over to the book and picking up. She inspected the book for any permanent damage but everything looked fine and it could easily be dried out if she placed it on a radiator. Nothing a little heat couldn't fix.

10Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:21 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
It somewhat surprised Skye to see that this girl was acting somewhat shy. The only other person he had met in Kumo was very laid back. He noticed the girl was shaking slightly from the wind rushing in. Before he got off topic, he started to tilt his head and look at where the girl was headed.
"Studying biology...?" Skye asked as he glanced over at the wet book that Karoshi had. "Are you studying to be a medic or something?" He walked next to her and tried to get a better look at the book. It seemed that Skye was being a little curious about what this girl was doing. And since the rain was preventing him from moving, he would have to stay there.

11Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
She giggled as he asked of her studying to be a medic, it amused her how he had to ask. No one really studies it unless they are a medical ninja. She turned and looked at him with an amused expression.
"Yes, I'm a medical ninja." She said as she brushed the back of her hand against the back of the book. "But don't take me for a weakling. I do study Kenjutsu aswell." She laughed, placing the book next to the couch where she had been hiding behind before.

Walking over to the window she reached out, the cold rain beating down hard. Wow, this was some downpour! Thank god the village was mountain based so barely any places would flood. Though the streets were beginning to. She pulled back on the window, shutting it as she shook her body, her long hair swishing about and her cloths slightly damp.
"Oh damn..." She sighed. Unfortunately she couldn't quite concentrate her fire nature into something solid enough to dry out her clothes. She was trying though, only small puffs of heat emitted from her hands as she aimed for her face.

12Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
"A weakling...? I just thought your kind of shy when you tried to avoid me, but I never thought that you were a weakling." He was somewhat offended by the comment, but it didn't bother him too much. Skye sat down on the couch and decided that he might as well get used to his surrounds for a while. His clothes were still somewhat damp. Looking over at the biology book and eventually picking it up, he started to flip some of the wet pages. They weren't too wet, so they were able to be turned without ripping. After a few seconds of browsing the contents of the book, Skye looked up at Karoshi and smiled. "I still don't like this rain. It's like a sandstorm... except instead of sand, there's cold water." He could help but laugh at his own comment. "Kumo is definitely a lot different than Suna..."

13Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:24 pm

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
She could tell by the tone of his voice that she had somewhat offended him to a certain extent. She immediately began to feel bad for what she had said and began to fidget about with her fingers. Oh no...why did I have to say something like that... She thought to herself.

Watching him flip through the pages she began to worry incase he had realized that this was a chuunin and higher based book, allowed only by chuunin and higher ranked ninja until she had heard his comment about Suna.
"Wait, you're from Suna? Did you defect?" She said, slightly worried. She had read somewhere that defected ninja are usually dangerous as not many have been known to defect for good purposes.

14Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:37 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye moved around slightly when he heard Karoshi ask about the defect. It would normally be a touchy subject to talk about with someone he just met, but he felt like this girl would be nice enough to understand. "Oh... Yeah... My whole clan defected here actually... Wasn't my idea, it was my dad's. All he told me is that we're moving the whole clan to Kumo..." He squinted slightly and looked up at Karoshi. She was giving a slightly fearful expression. Skye sighed and looked down at the ground. "Aaaaand now you probably think I'm dangerous or a traitor... Your giving me that look that everyone else on the street seems to give me." He sighed once more. "I'll gladly take my chances in the rain if you feel uncomfortable with me being here..." His voice grew a bit quieter and a little shaky as he continued to talk.

15Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
"No please. Stay. I'm sorry if I hit a touchy subject. lets change it." She exclaimed, almost immediately after Skye when he mentioned leaving. She didn't really talk to many people in the village. None seemed nice enough and if they were nice, it was for one thing. Dirty bastards.

Walking over to Skye she smiled, reaching for the book.
"May I?" She asked. She was going to educate him a bit in terms of the human anatomy. Why not educate him a bit in the biology department? It'll help him with his fighting if not anything else that is.
She turned and looked out of the window for a brief moment. She couldn't let him go anyway. Not in this weather. It'd be poor hospitality and that just wasn't in her nature to do mean things anyway.

16Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
The defect was in fact a subject that he wanted to forget, but it seemed that it was going to be a while until people would overlook it and start treating him like a normal person. Once a few people got to know him really well, it might change, but until then he was going to have to deal with it. The truth was, Skye didn't think the defect was necessary. It happened rather quickly and was unexpected. He tried to not dwell on the thought any longer and return to what was going on.

Skye looked up at Karoshi's smile and seemed to mimic it. "Yeah, sure." He gladly handed the book over. He tilted his head so he could see what she was planning. "Maybe shes going back to studying?" He thought to himself while she flipped a few pages. "Ugh... This defect thing is going to haunt me... I swear..." His mind was stuck on the defect now and it seemed like he had trouble getting it out.

17Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:16 pm

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
As she took the book her eyes flashed an amber glow to them. Alrighty then! Time to get to work!
"Skye-kun? Do you know much about the human anatomy?" She asked him, a smile slowly going down to just a smirk. His facial expression looked more worried than anything else to be honest. She needed to either change the subject or hear him out.

Walking over to him as he sat there on the couch, she sat down infront of him; crossing her legs as she shuffled a bit more towards him. Looking up to him she tilted her head.
"Do you wanna talk about it or...?" She asked, not too sure how to approach the current situation.

18Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:40 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye looked down and sighed one last time. "I don't know... I lived in Suna all my life and all the sudden. Poof... No more Suna..." He made a quick movement with his hands when he said the word "Poof". It didn't seem like he was very happy with his position, but like he thought before, he had to deal with it. He felt homesick is all. "I... I don't know if I want to talk about it... It's just kind of stressful is all..." He looked up slightly and then glanced at the book. "Human anatomy huh? Never really thought about anything like that. Care to tell me more...?" He wanted to get the thoughts out of his head, and what better way to do that then getting some odd information to cover it up.

19Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
Listening to skye made Karo feel slightly sad on the inside but she continued to listen intently. It's such a shame.
"I'm sorry for what happened." She said in a slightly quieter tone. There was nothing more that she could say to be honest with you. She hadn't really been in that position before. Her clan was mostly in hiding and she was still to meet someone from it. In a way she was alone.

Hearing Skye ask about the human anatomy made her feel happier! Smiling, she got to her feet and jumped, twirling in the air and landing right next to Skye on the couch, her tropical perfume wafted in the air along with the disturbed dust now dancing in the air around the room. She opened the book and scanned the index.
"Hmm...what to start off with..." She said to herself. There was so much to choose from. From introduction to ligaments etc.

20Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye looked at the book and tilted his head to get a better look. The words on the page didn't interest him in the slightest. What he was really looking at, was the pictures. One seemed to catch his eye, so he quickly pointed it out. "What's that one? It looks like it's about eyes." He tapped his finger on the page to point out a small picture of an eye that was right next to some words and page numbers. This little talk about the book was slowly but surely helping the thought of the defect escape his mind. A slight smile started to grow on his face as they continued to browse the book. "I never thought that stuff like this would be so interesting."

21Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:03 am

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
Looking over to what Skye was pointing at, She looked up at him.
"It's the diagram of the human eye and how it functions and one of the vital parts of the human body. Well, it's not vital per say. Without the ability of eyes, a person's senses can be enhanced ten fold." She said, slightly confused as to why he was wondering about the eye. This was only the basic half of the book, she hadn't gotten to the advanced section yet.

Looking at his face, she could tell he was taking a genuine interest in what was being said and what the book had to offer. It amused her to a certain extent.
"So anything in particular you'd like to know more about or would you like me t continue on the eye?" She asked, smiling back at his facial expression.

22Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:36 am

Skye

Skye

D-rank
"Are there any spots on the eye that take mental stress at all? My Genjutsus always seems to have some limit when I try to look around... Maybe there's something in the book that can help? Maybe?" Skye was definitely getting interested in this book. The topics in the book were both informative and beneficial. He leaned in slightly to get a better look at the book. This girl he was with seemed nice and quite friendly. He stared at Karoshi for a few moments and smiled while doing so. He then started to read the page a little more. "There." Sticking one finger out, he underlined a small section on the connection between the mind and the eye. He brought his finger away so the paragraph was visible again.

23Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:03 pm

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
Looking down at the paragraph that Skye had pointed out, she frowned slightly; there wasn't much on the eyes being effected by mental stress. Just a small paragraph or two. Taking in a deep breath, she decided to read it out no matter.
"The human eye. This is something that most people take advantage for and sometimes abuse it's abilities. Many clans throughout the ninja age have a special sort of specialization known as Doujutsu. This is a visual based jutsu that are used through the users eyes." She explained, going into further detail about how visual jutsu's can harm the user if overused.
"Here we are. Side effects. Hmm...." She said, running her fingers along the lines of the book which she was holding. Something seemed odd.
"What? It looks as if it's missing a page? Well, I can tell you what it says here... It turns out that when you use a visual based jutsu, if the eyes are not trained to near perfect stage, it can cause some serious damage." She sighed.

Looking back up to him she smiled.
"Well, looks like your mental pain is based on you either overusing it or it's your Kekkei Genkai. Maybe a bit more practice will help ease the pain and try to avoid using higher based jutsu's at this time. Actually, try to avoid using it at all. It'll maybe help ease the stress and added pressure you put on them when fighting." She explained, rubbing her temples. Getting up to her feet, she walked around in a circle for a moment before stopping. Where is that page?

24Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:24 pm

Skye

Skye

D-rank
Skye listened intently to what Karoshi was saying. This slight bit of information was very useful to him, considering he was using his doujutsu daily for training purposes. "So that must be why my doujutsu has been hurting every time I use it..." He thought to himself. Karoshi had stood up and looked around. Before she had gotten up, she passed a page that had been ripped out. She seemed to be looking for it. Skye stood up and remembered that Karoshi had dangled the book out the window when she tried to run. Walking over to the window, sure enough, there was a page caught on the upper corner of the window. "I think I found what you were looking for..." He quickly opened the window and grabbed the page. It was wet, but readable.

25Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Empty Re: Hitting the books! (Open/No killing) Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Karōshi

Karōshi

D-rank
Turning round to her surprise, she notice Skye holding onto a piece of paper. It must've been from the book that she had with her. Oh god. If anyone found out that she damaged a chuunin book then she'd get into trouble, not to mention she had stole it also. Oh god. She's going to have to find some glue and be precise with it...or not return it at all... it seemed the easiest way to do things...you know, to avoid getting into trouble.

Walking over to Skye she smiled and took the paper from his hands. She began reading it. It wasn't a very nice page...
"Well it turns out that if you overuse and abuse you Kekkei Genkai, you could permanently damage it or severely damage it. There's not a high chance that you can permanently damage it but there's always that small chance, you know?" She said, looking over at him. It was something that she knew alot on. She hadn't ever used her Kekkei Genkai Doujutsu since she's never really had the need for it. Her doujutsu was too violent for her liking anyway, even if it did grant her a bonus in the medical department.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.