You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
Once Toshiko discovered that his sensei would be the hokage himself, everything seemed to be looking up for him. Only a while after his first meeting, everything had gone to shit.

During their first meeting, something horrible happened. His little brother Hideki, collapsed due to his illness. The mysterious illness he had been born with that had no known cure. Sousetsu had adjourned the squad meeting, and took Hideki away to gather him some medical attention. Toshiko didn't wait to follow up. he followed Sousetsu to the Medical ward of konoha. Hideki was placed under Intensive care. Toshiko didn't know what to feel. What to think. His little brother. His last true family member was in danger. He could die. Toshiko didn't want that to happen. He'd do anything to stop that from happening. He sat next to his brothers bed for longer than he could remember, wanting to be there the second he woke up. After a while, he realized that he needed some time to take his mind off worrying about Hideki. He knew that his brother wouldn't want him to be so stressed out. The only way to get away from it all would be to get out of the village for a while.

Toshiko headed out the the village known as Takigakure. He knew the way there, as he had to go there to finish his first round of the chuunin exams. Once he made it there, he headed directly to the center of the village, and came across, entering a place known as the Hero Arena. It was a large fighting arena where Toshiko hoped his final round of the chuunin exams would be held. Toshiko slowly walked to the very center of the arena, and plopped down on the ground, laying down and staring directly up at the sky. The current area was peaceful. A perfect place to take his mind off of things. As he looked up the the baby blue sky, trying to set himself at ease from the worries of the health of his brother, he realized that it may actually work. Toshiko inhaled, and then exhaled deeply in an attempt to relax for once.

Word Count: 371

Last edited by Toshiko Uzumaki on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sousetsu Senju

Sousetsu Senju

D-rank
Sousetsu walked the streets of Takiagure, the waterfall country. It was serene, tranquil, anything Sousetsu could ask for in a holiday. He embraced the sun that kissed him from a distance and the cool breeze that flew by him from time to time. He looked to the clear blue sky, hardly a cloud in sight, unlike the land of fire. With his head held high, he soon adjusted his head back to its usual level where he had seen Toshiko, his student, heading to the Hero Arena. He could still remember the look on his face when Hideki, his brother and Sousetsu's other student, collapsed before them. As it turned out, Hideki had a sickness that lay his life on the line. Toshiko knew this he had hoped. Life was unfair to many people but there were others that would help them in their time of need. The Senju could only wish that Toshiko knew this.

'He will need me now more than ever at this time...'

With a small sigh and a deep breath to keep a clear mind he followed the Genin shortly after. From the distance, Sousetsu could see his disciple in the center of the arena. He knew the way Toshiko thought, he had such determination and a great will to continue his journey in the life of a shinobi, but how badly would this affect him? Sousetsu closed his eyes and tilted his head forward, praying to himself that he would have the strength to give to this particular Genin in his time of need. How should he approach this? Delicately? Give him the facts of life? Maybe it was not up to him. His eyes opened once more and nodded slightly as he watched the young man from afar. Within a blink of an eye, Sousetsu arrived behind his student. His arms were crossed and he stood tall giving off his stoic presence once again.

"Toshiko." he spoke with strength in his voice.

"I'm sorry... about Hideki. If there is anything I can do..." he continued maintaining his presence. He had to appear strong for Toshiko. This death was not the first that Sousetsu had encountered with a squad he led. He could not stop this, nor the others from his previous squad. It still, however burdened him in a way. He felt as if he had to carry their ambitions with him, the flame of their will of fire added to his own.

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
"Toshiko."

It had been a while since he'd heard that voice, but Toshiko couldn't forget who it had belonged to. Slowly, Toshiko turned his head to his right, to see none other than his sensei and the hokage, Sousetsu. His arms were crossed and he stood tall, very similar to his appearance when the two had first met. Toshiko gave off a slight smile when he saw him, and stood up to his feet. While Toshiko was fairly happy to see him, he didn't show any signs of it with his facial expressions. he simply stared at Sousetsu, waiting for him to speak once more.

"I'm sorry... about Hideki. If there is anything I can do..."

Sorry? Toshiko smiled at his Sensei. "Thanks a lot Sousetsu Sensei, but there's nothing to be sorry for. Hideki is okay. When i go back to the leaf to see him i'm sure he'll be fine."

Was it the truth, or simply denial? At this point in time, Toshiko honestly couldn't tell. The two were silent for a while. Toshiko realized that he needed to take his mind off of the condition of his brother, even if it was only for a little while. He was in a fighting arena in a different village with his sensei. To him, this was a perfect time as any to take advantage of that. He remembered their meeting, and how confident he was in his abilities. He even challenge the hokage to a battle once he had reached Jounin level. he wondered if the Hokage would take him up on his offer a little bit sooner.

"Let's forget about that for a while sensei. You remember what i said at our meeting? I wasn't joking. Plus, I don't think we ever got the chance to see what both of us are fully capable of. So how about a spar? Just you and me. I want you to see what i can do."

Word Count: 336

Last edited by Toshiko Uzumaki on Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sousetsu Senju

Sousetsu Senju

D-rank
He was greeted with a smile, and so he returned with a grin of his before Toshiko spoke words that rung out his ears. "Thanks a lot Sousetsu Sensei," he was happy that his words were accepted and not disregarded. He had to be his role model in times like these. He knew Hideki was walking his last mile. To collapse the way he did was a telltale sign of things to come. He was ill, weak, exhausted from life itself. He knew the feeling too well. "but there's nothing to be sorry for. Hideki is okay. When i go back to the leaf to see him i'm sure he'll be fine." Toshiko continued. Sousetsu's eyes began to widen slowly before turning his head to the side and closing them. Did Toshiko know? Should the Hokage himself be the one to tell him or the coroner? He knew they were siblings so it did not matter who the message came from. In the end, the result would be the same. A distraught young Genin, old enough to carry the pain of losing a loved one. It saddened the Hokage that others had to bear this feeling that he grew to understand and endure. Was he ready though?

He spoke of words to forget about the problems that would only soon escalate and arranged for a spar with his sensei. One that Sousetsu could not deny him. "Just you and me. I want you to see what i can do." he added. The Senju knew the young man before him had such determination. He could tell this in their meeting but could not tell what he had thought of him, only that he wanted to surpass him. Was it a healthy rivalry he wished for? The relationship of student and master was a tender bond and could easily be broken or shape the student to take the wrong path if the masters teachings were wrong. His will of fire gave Sousetsu the chance to teach him once more. With a formal bow, Sousetsu accepted followed by that infamous grin he wore so well.

With a swift motion, the Hokage attire flew from the Senju and over a few metres to the side. He wore no armour, only a black sleeveless jumpsuit. Bandages wrapped around his hands up to his forearm while a bandanna was tightly worn around his forehead with the Senju insignia. His blade rested in a diagonal fashion at his lower back, ready to be used at any given moment.

"Come, Toshiko. Don't hold back." he spoke as he readied himself.

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
"Come, Toshiko. Don't hold back."

Toshiko didn't wait another moment to comply. Quickly he ran towards his sensei. He didn't have the intent to play around or hold back. he would take his sensei's words to heart. He would go all out while going up against him. Out of respect. there was so much on his mind. Things about Hideki. Things about the exams. Things about all that he had been experiencing. All the pain and stress and worry was bubbling up in him quickly. He had to release it, and the only way he knew how was through his fists. The only way to let go was through fighting. he was only a meter away from his sensei, and quickly began his barrage. He aimed 6 punches directly at his chest, and then a kick at his left side. he then jumped back, performing the tiger hand seal and inhaling deeply as he was in midair filling his mouth with chakra.He then quickly exhaled, allowing a roar of flame to erupt from his mouth, becoming a large fireball aimed directly at Sousetsu's head. Toshiko didn't want to hurt his beloved sensei. He didn't want to hurt anybody. At that moment, it was him anymore. It was his anger. He had to release it somehow. He had to.

After firing the large fire ball from such close range, he jumped back. The heat from the blast met him as he was right in front of it as he fired, causing his arms to heat up and burning his forearms a bit. His attack wasn't done. Not yet. He inhaled deeply once more, filling his mouth and throat with fire chakra, and then exhaled from a 4 meter distance, allowing 10 medium sized fire balls to spew from his mouth, heading towards Sousetsu from right behind the great fireball. Toshiko would then run forward, heading behind his two fire blasts and sousetsu. he then focused lightning chakra into his right palm, and then shot out a bolt of lightning from his hand directly at Sousetsu's back.    his face was red with anger and sorrow. His lips slowly quivered and his eyes got watery as he tried to hold back tears. There wasn't much he could do anymore. He was on the edge.

Word Count: 394

Spoiler:

Sousetsu Senju

Sousetsu Senju

D-rank
The gap between the opposing ninja soon closed as Toshiko approached Sousetsu with haste. A barrage of fists made their way towards the Hokage's chest to which he parried with his own, slapping them downwards and outwards from his person until a kick was produced to his left side. It seemed aggressive. made from anger, but he did say to not hold back. Was this the result of a young man with determination to surpass his sensei. or the result of a broken man? The Senju raised a knee in response, allowing it to come into contact for another successful defense before the Uzumaki before him leaped back to continue his assault, inhaling deeply before exhaling a great flame aiming towards his head.

"Toshiko..." he mumbled with widened eyes, Sousetsu retorted with his own technique. Inhaling slightly and exhaling a great deal of water from his own mouth. The techniques were similar in performance but the element made all the difference. His feet remained firm as the waters extinguished the flames that made their way towards him. Steam evaporated from the result as the counterpart worked in the Senju's favor but the assault still did not come to an end. Another wave of multiple flames spewed from Toshiko once more, smaller yet in greater number

"Toshiko--" he spoke louder than before as the attack continued to escalate, interrupting his call. He was right to assume he was too aggressive, burning through chakra as the fire burned through the air towards him.

Sousetsu placed his left hand around his right forearm. With his right hand in an open palm, water erupted once again and cleared the fire that sought its target. Steam emerged once again from the result, yet it still did not end. Time seemed to come to a standing point as the figure that was his student was not where he could find him. With sudden haste, Sousetsu turned to find his troubled student fast approaching with electricity lingering in his grasp. His face was lit like any beacon and his eyes contained sorrow that the Hokage could understand. It seemed that the Senju would be too late but his speed was not something to ignore.

"Toshiko!" he exclaimed with a roar. Before the lightning reached his back he spun his entire body with his hand raising to meet his, only Sousetsu's was enveloped with water once again. The two hands clashed with water and lightning dancing between them. He looked at his student with a clenched jaw and heartfelt eyes of his own. He understood what it was like to lose others, he had gone through the same process not long ago. It sends a rage coursing through the veins and regret heavy on the heart.

"It's okay..." he spoke with endearment, looking down at him while the hands were still clashing, letting the lightning and waters erupt with the emotions spread.

Chakra: 330/370

Jutsu:

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
Loss was a strange feeling. It was unbearable, yet almost everlasting, and it wasn't something foreign to Toshiko. he'd lost his mother in a very brutal way at the hands of his father when he was only 6. 8 years later and the feeling and memory still hadn't gone away. It stuck with him. he couldn't rid himself of it. No matter what he did, and no matter how hard he tried, his mind wouldn't let it go. He couldn't let it go. It had become more than a bad part of his memories. It was a part of himself that had died. He felt like there was an empty hole in his chest where his heart was. He felt lost.

it was like that for a while. He had to go through the rest of his academy years by himself, being shunned by his peers due to his aspirations and attitude. He was literally alone. Then he managed to pass the academy, and became a genin. He was on the way to achieving the goal that he needed. He was on his road to becoming the best ninja alive. He met new people, made friends, even got the hokage himself to acknowledge his existence. The hole in his heart began to fill, and for the first time in years he managed to smile. To be happy. Then, he met Hideki uzumaki, and learned that he was his brother. His brother. He had no family left in the world, and thought he had no one at all. But he met his brother, and all those thoughts subsided. he felt amazing, and he loved his brother more than he loved himself. Hideki saved Toshiko from himself. Only a few weeks after learning of their relation, the two brothers were put into the same squad. A squad with his little brother seemed like a great deal. Toshiko looked forward to the missions they'd go on together, and the fun they would have as ninja. At their very first meeting, his dreams were shattered. His brother had an illness his entire life with no cure, and he collapsed due to it. Sousetsu took him to the hospital, where he died. Toshiko got to talk to him one last time. He was thankful for that, but the pain was still there. It always would be. Now he really had no one else. He was alone forever.

Toshiko dropped down to his knees, and then fell flat on the ground of the hero arena. He couldn't hold it in anymore. He screeched, releasing his anger through his mouth rather than trying to take it out on Sousetsu. His screams echoed across the hero arena, startling the little animals that roamed near it. he lifted his head back up, holding his hands on his face and digging his nails into the first layer of skin upon his forehead. The river of tears that had been building up in his eye sockets unleashed a stream that went down his face. His tears hit the ground in front of him, and after a few more moments he ripped his hands away from his face and fell backwards, laying down on his back and crying. Through his tears, he tried to speak. To who, or where, he didn't know. But he spoke.

"Hi.......Hideki! Why did you leave? Why did you leave me?"

Sousetsu's presence was practically irrelevant at this point. He couldn't even be considered conscious anymore. he was just venting. Trying to talk to his brother.

"I needed you! You were all that i had! You gave a worthless guy like me something to live for! Something to protect! I cared about you more than i do myself... I can't. I can't. I can't."

he repeated the two words over and over, and then went back to sobbing. Was he sane anymore? he didn't know. He didn't know anything other than what he had on his mind now.

Word Count: 685

TWC: 1786

Last edited by Toshiko Uzumaki on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sousetsu Senju

Sousetsu Senju

D-rank
'Why did you leave me?"

These words were spoken by Sousetsu once upon a time. He watched his student collapse before him, wallowing in pity and allowing the tears to flow, like a floodgate being released. He raised his head slightly as he continued to look down on him before tilting it forward and closing his eyes, exhaling deeply, allowing the air to evacuate his lungs and bringing him back to a time where death seemed fitting. It was true that Sousetsu could relate to the young man's pain, but he found a way to endure. Was Toshiko strong enough to do the same?

"...You gave a worthless guy like me something to live for! Something to protect! I cared about you more than i do myself... I can't. I can't. I can't." The cries of a man with nothing to live for it seemed.

Sousetsu clenched his jaw and let his fangs be shown in the process. It was easy for Toshiko to forget that the Hokage looked at everyone within the Village Hidden in the Leaves as someone he should look out for personally. The loss might not have been a greater impact to him but it still left its mark. He was young, but held a life with no future. His dreams however, would live on. The words, 'I can't' echoed through the air as the cries refused to give in. The Hokage turned his head to the side, refusing to look at the sobbing Genin before him any longer.

His hands came together and formed a hand seal, "Suiton: Mizu Bunshin no Jutsu..." he mumbled hiding the regret within his voice. Two water clones emerged by his side and rushed towards Toshiko. Each one proceeded to take a side of the Genin, taking advantage of his current state of kneeling down. They each took an arm and place a knee to each shoulder, holding him down in place. During this, Sousetsu went and retrieved his belongings and fitted them on his person once more. A coat with blue decal as opposed to the traditional red, the Hokage's hat, and his blade which now lay across his lower back under the coat. He then returned to a place standing opposite the Genin and gave off his stoic stance once more, making sure he had his student's attention.

"Suiton: Suiryū Kōbaku!" The Azure Beast roared as he performed a brief series of hand seals.

Water flooded the area, almost submerging the Genin as he was knelt, leaving only air to reach his arms and head as they remained on top of the waters. Soon, water shot up and formed a cloud within the sky, blocking out the sun.

"Once enough water reaches the cloud above, the technique will form a dragon with immense power..." Sousetsu sternly spoke before looking down with further regret. He then raised his head and looked at the Genin once more before making his way to the side, out of harms way and continued to walk while trying to lose his thoughts once more with the aid of rushing water shooting upwards from behind him. He left Toshiko to face death head on.

Chakra: 285/370

Jutsu:

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
What? What was there? He couldn't tell. He didn't know. He didn't see it there anymore. WIth the new hole in his heart, he didn't feel the same way he did before. He felt lost. Like he'd run out of hope. Like he was completely trapped, with no exit in sight. It was a horrible feeling. There was nothing worse than it. It consumed him as fast as possible, rendering him completely incapable of rational thought or action. TO summarize, at that moment, Toshiko wasn't toshiko. He was a physical manifestation of suffering. One that couldn't be broken anymore than he already was. That's why he barely noticed what happened next.Two clones were formed from sousetsu, and both took an arm on each side of Toshiko,just as sousetsu said the  name of a jutsu Toshiko hadn't heard before.

As sousetsu performed a string of handsigns, water flooded the area. It covered Toshiko. All besides his arms and head, knocking him back into his bodily senses, and alerting him of his situation. He stared up twoards the sky as water above him formed into a cloud, and looked to both of his sides seeing the two sousetsu clones holding him. His eyes were red and sore from the tears, and he felt ultimately weak.

Sousetsu then spoke of the jutsu's purpose, stating that once the cloud had enough water it would form a dragon with immense power. what was he doing?

"Sousetsu Sensei? Hey come on cut it out!!! What gives? This isn't funny!
What was his intent? Was he testing Toshiko, or did he actually want to kill him. There was no way. Sousetsu knew well that Toshiko would be rendered helpless by the effects of this jutsu. Adding in the clones was overkill.

Toshiko watched as his sensei walked away to stay safe from the jutsu, and was utterly shocked. He didn't panic, simply put his head down, clenched his teeth and got angry as tears fell from his eyes.
"What? WHAT? WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS? WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME? HOW THE HELL DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO THIS? TO LIVE LIKE THIS? DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE? WHAT IT'S LIKE TO HAVE NO FAMILY?"
"I went through my entire life being known as the guy with the psycho dad who killed his wife and ran off! I didn't have anyone to go to. Anyone who gived a shit about me! and then he came along. He saved me. I had nothing to live for, and he gave me a reason not to end it all! What do you expect me to do? Go on without him? You don't have to deal with this! You're the fucking hokage! Everyone in the village respects you! I had one person who looked up to me! ONE! And he's dead. He's dead. What am i supposed to do without him? Live? Pretend he never existed?!? I"m not. I won't. I swear i won't. I don't give a shit about me. I don't wanna die, but i'm not gonna play along with your game and beg for my life! I do'nt wanna die. I don't. But i won't beg, and i won't get over it. I"ll never stop mourning. No matter what you say or do, hideki will always be a lingering part of me that i'll never get back. I have a reason to live though. And that reason is to fulfill my promise. Become the hokage, and make HIdeki proud. Do what you're going to do. I won't pretend that i care about my existence for one second cause i don't. But i do care about his. and for his existence to linger on, i have to be here to make sure it does. So do what you will."

Word Count:669

twc: 2455

Sousetsu Senju

Sousetsu Senju

D-rank
"Do you know what it's like? What it's like to have no family?"

His eyes closed with his head let itself drop. Of course he knew. He knew more than anyone as he grew up with only kindness of strangers and memories of his parents. His father, a great ninja who lost his life on a mission. His mother, left this world before him. She was God in his eyes. Every word that escaped her lips was laced with sweetness, Sousetsu's ecstasy. Toshiko spoke of Hideki as the only family he had left and that his death would make his life meaningless. He understood the pain as he too had family who died under his own watch.

"You're the fucking Hokage! Everyone in the village respects you!"

If only those words rang true. Toshiko could not begin to understand the hardships of being the one that everyone seemingly looks up to. He had the weight of the village on his shoulders at all times and during these times, there was a war behind the curtains that he was facing alone. Signs of revolt. S-rank ninja taking lives under his watch and invading the land with not clear motives. He clenched his jaw once again as he gritted his own teeth once more. His eyes shutting tighter at the thought of being seen as a failure. At times he did not only want respect, but a helping hand.

"I don't wanna die..."

There it was. Sousetsu's ears twitched before he turned to face the Genin and the dragon that etched its way from the cloud, beginning the full potential of the technique. The dragon roared as it was time to unleash the immense power that the Senju spoke of previously. Toshiko would live. Sousetus vanished only to appear before the dragon and his student. The coat with the words 'Seventeenth Hokage' residing on the back faced Toshiko, still flailing wildly from the sudden burst of speed. The Senju faced the dragon with his arms folded and the infamous stoic presence. His jaw was still strong as the dragon rushed to his position. It's roar was soon matched by Sousetsu's own, the Azure Beast had revealed himself as his blade was withdrawn and already leaping to face it head on. Before long, the blade became wrapped with a typhoon of water, making it appear that Sousetsu himself was wielding a whirlpool formed from an unforgiving ocean. A sudden slash and the dragon dissipated causing an explosion of water to rain over the master and student. The clones vanished, allowing the Uzumaki his freedom while the katanna was sheathed by its owner. He turned to face him with slightly wet hair and clothing with a slightly angered expression residing on his face.

"Don't you dare. Don't you ever compare your life to others. And don't you dare think of yourself as worthless." His eyes raged with his will and determination.

"I grew up with no parents. I used to lead the Senju until one of my own attempted to take my life. I used to feel responsible but I kept my ambitions and goals in my mind." he gritted his teeth once more.

"If you truly want to carry on that promise, then learn to endure the hardships. That journey is full of them." He did not sugarcoat anything. He wanted his point to be taken to heart as these words held the truth. Toshiko was walking the same path he once took, their common trait shared between.

"I surpassed my peers. I aided in the death of the infamous Uchiha Hao. I became the renowned Azure Beast. I became Hokage! The path is not easy and you will have little time to mourn what is lost, so take their dreams with you." he walked towards the young man before him with power in each stride he took. He gave off an aura, one that could not falter. It was his experience as shinobi and willpower that led him here. He soon stood only a few feet from the Genin before he spoke in his soft voice once again.

"Who knows... Maybe we can find families to call our own someday. he grinned as he reminded himself of the woman who had entered his life and made the burdens feel weightless. The grin could speak a thousand words alone, but to Sousetsu, it told him that once the journey was coming to an end he was rewarded. The Hokage title and partner to share it with.

Toshiko Uzumaki

Toshiko Uzumaki

D-rank
After speaking, Toshiko didn't know what to do or say,. He felt lost within a tunnel with no exit. He was completely drenched in darkness and he couldn't prevent it. It was what he felt when his mother was killed in cold blood at the hands of his very own father, but seemingly worse. At least he got to know his mother for the majority of his early life.. he had memories of her that he could hold onto forever. That wasn't the same situation with his brother hideki. It was like Toshiko met him, and then he just left. There wasn't anything he could do about it. Nothing he could say or do. That was just that. And he couldn't get away from it or rewind. It felt like a nightmare that he couldn't wake up from. His despair made him lose track of reality for a second.

He looked up to the sky to see the large dragon coming down towards him. He simply closed his eyes. He didn't want to die, but he didn't want to live that much either. He waited a few moments, and noticed that he hadn't passed yet. He opened his eyes, and then he saw it. His master standing there. A rainfall of water poured over the two, drenching them both and bringing Toshiko back to reality. The clones that took Toshiko's arms dissipated allowing him to fall down into the puddle of rain on all fours as the remaining water pellets hit his back. He then heard his master's voice.

"Don't you dare. Don't you ever compare your life to others. And don't you dare think of yourself as worthless."

Once The word's reached Toshiko's ears, he held his head up with a strange look on his face. The water upon his face would hide the tears coming from his eyes, but his emotions were still evident.  It was at that moment he realized that he was wrong. He was wrong. Wrong about everything. Everything he thought. All that he said. He was wrong. He wasn't alone. He wasn't. He felt that he was because he'd lost his only brother. The one last person he knew of in his family that he cared about. But Hideki wasn't his only family. He remembered his life. His past. Everything and all that had happened to him. The first half of his life, sucked. His father had ruined his whole life, and terribly traumatized him. Then he had to go through the academy, all alone and hated by his peers. Feared by them for what his father had done, and bullied for his outlook on life. Once he had become a genin, all taht had completely changed. He met people who actually liked him for who he was. Aethir, Hideki, Keigo, Antanas, Rain. All of these were people who he cared about and called his friends. Then, he got put in squad one with Hideki, Kaneda, and had the hokage as a sensei. He met people who to him were his family. He cared about all of them more than he cared about himself.

These people were the world to him, and even though he'd lost The one who was the closest to him, he had all these people left. Toshiko put his head down and started crying once more.

"I grew up with no parents. I used to lead the Senju until one of my own attempted to take my life. I used to feel responsible but I kept my ambitions and goals in my mind."  

Toshiko wasn't the only one who had lost people. He was being self centered by assuming he was the only one who had gone through something like this. The only one who had experienced pain in his life. He wasn't. His master had felt a pain similar to his own. They could relate to each other in that way, and he now understood that.

"If you truly want to carry on that promise, then learn to endure the hardships. That journey is full of them."

Toshiko knew to take the words his sensei was stating to heart, as he had gone through the journey himself.

"I surpassed my peers. I aided in the death of the infamous Uchiha Hao. I became the renowned Azure Beast. I became Hokage! The path is not easy and you will have little time to mourn what is lost, so take their dreams with you."

Toshiko started crying uncontrollably. That was what he wanted. That was what hideki would have wanted. Sousetsu's words weren't taken in simply as wise words to aid Toshiko in his mission of success. They would become his way of life. Every moment. Every day. Every step he took in his life would be for hideki. It would be to remember Hideki. TO make his death matter.

"Who knows... Maybe we can find families to call our own someday.

Toshiko already had. He had a whole family still left. He had his sensei, and his friends. he was crying. Not because he was sad, but because it had finally happened. He was happy, and he'd finally been accepted. There were people in the world that he could call his friends. And that was the best feeling in the world. After a while, he stopped his tears, stood up to his feet, and used his wet hand to wipe the tears and water from his face. His face was still damp and somewhat glistened in the light of the sun, but he stared at Sousetsu with a slight smile on his face. He no longer looked at Sousetsu at his master as someone who he hoped to impress and one day surpass, but someone who he greatly respected and cared about. He saw him as a friend, and he hoped he thought the same. From that moment forward, Toshiko would have nothing but respect for the man that stood before him for as long as they would accompany each other in their memories.

"You're right. I apologize. Thank you sousetsu. Thank you."

Word Count:997

Total Word Count: 3500

Raiton: C-B 2000/2000

1500/1500 Shadow Doppleganger Technique Learned

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.