You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mifune

Mifune

D-rank
It was well into the afternoon, close to the evening actually. If you looked up at the sky, you would see various hues of oranges, reds, blues, and purple dance across the sky.  Soon perhaps the first star, the North Star would be seen as it shines in the sky like a piece of metal in a sunny desert.  

Azaki held a piece of scrap paper in her hand, re reading the directions to the client’s house however the hand writing was like chicken scratch….well actually worse than that. The secretary at the office was not in the best of moods but really, Azaki couldn’t help but be a tad bit annoyed with the woman. Azaki mentally shrugged and decided just to ask someone for help.

The street she was on was desolate and dark. A lamp at an intersection was flickering and various debris were scattered around. The stores on one side were boarded up and shut tight; one even looked like it was recently broken into since the front door was busted and the window glass had a humongous hole threw it, most likely smashed by a brick. There weren’t any people on the street, though she could understand; it did look like a rough neighborhood.

As Azaki walked further down the street, she heard some shuffling and a few whacks. It sounded like fight. Seeing as it was nearby her, she figured she could ask them for directions. Following the sounds she came across a dead end alley way with a reasonably sized entrance. What she found was three teenage hoodlums surrounding a young, working salary man who was on the ground with a few cuts and bruises. She fought down the urge to roll her eyes at this sight. So cliché she thought.

“Oi! You there!” She called out raising her voice a bit.

One of the hoodlums turned to face her; he had shaggy blonde hair and pupiless black eyes. “What ya want girlie?”

“I need directions” She answered, taking note of how he stood out amongst the others. Must be the leader. She thought.

“Oh really girlie. Where to?”

Azaki placed the paper in front of his face which caused him to glare at her but nonetheless read what was scratched-Ahem written- on the paper. "Here”

He read it over a couple of times before a look of recognition washed over his face “Oh wow damn you’re really lost. This place it is the other side of town, y’know in that nice area with all dem’ rich people. Yeah just take a right, go straight for ten minutes then take a left and you’ll be on the main road. And um….um…oh right go down dat’ and you’ll find yourself in that spiffy shopping district. Take a right after you pass the ninja shop, go down that road and you’ll be there.”

How the boy was able to read that hand writing, the world may never know. Azaki nodded and bowed her head a bit “Thanks!” then turned around and lazily waved goodbye, not missing the ‘You’re welcome’ at all.

After a good fifteen minutes she found the client’s house. It was really grand and screamed ‘I’m a rich pompous ass and I like making myself feel better around people stupider than me’. Azaki mentally snickered at her thought. She walked up to the front gate and pressed a small blue button on the intercom hearing a small beep.

“Hello?” A soft, but stern voice called out

“I’m here for the D-rank mission you called for”

“Oh yes the master has been waiting for you. One moment please” The buzzing stopped and the gates opened.

Azaki was greeted by a maid “Hello. Follow me please”

Azaki nodded and followed the maid inside. After going through a series of various hallways they finally arrived at the client’s study. The maid opened the door and bowed “Someone has answered your mission notice"
“Good good, send them in”

The maid moved aside as Azaki walked in. She bowed her head “Hello, I’m here for the mission you called for”

The client was somewhere in his late thirties, forties thirties. He had well groomed (but greasy) hair that was combed back and he wore a nice suit (which was much too flashy) and had thick mustache that was curly on both ends. “Ah yes. Yuki, go fetch the sword”

The maid, whom Azaki now learned was Yuki bowed and retrieved a sword that was placed high over a fireplace mantle. She had a bit difficulty but got it anyway and handed it to Azaki.

The sword itself looked expensive but Azaki could see the neglect on it. It was a top quality Japanese samurai sword kanata clay tempered abrasive shinogi-zukuri. The nagasa length was 27.8in; the handle, 10.6in; the kissaki shape was chu-kissaki, and the blade’s shape was shinogi-zukuri. The blade’s material was 1095 steel with clay tempered and tsuba was made of high quality brass. It weighed approximately 2.70lbs. It was a pretty good blade, not something Azaki would've picked but meh.

“I want it in perfect condition by my party tonight. I want to entertain my guests with it. Do you understand?”

“Yes sir”

“Good then off with you” he ordered with a dismissive hand. Azaki bowed her head and took the blade away.

An hour later Azaki had returned with the sword. She knew a thing or two about taking care of swords. Wipe it with a rust-free substance on a soft cloth for a good while. Then she went to a black smith to get it sharpened and repaired. She would’ve done it herself but she was worried that she might damage the blade. She didn't have to pay for it though, the black smith was kind enough not to.Afterwards she polished it again till it shinned. Finally back to its former glory.

Azaki stepped back into the office with the fully refinished sword and bowed “Mission completed”

The man, surprised at how well she did her job was over joyed and smiled at her “Thank you miss. Anytime I need someone to keep this maintained, I’ll be sure to call you”

Azaki nodded and left.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.