You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Posting Order- Kenji, Takeshii, then Ren:

OOC~Squad Name:

OOC~Area:

Kenji sat atop Sky Point waiting for his team to make their trek up the mountain. The high altitude and the rocky terrain would make the trip less than ideal for the Genin. However, both of the shinobi had displayed special characteristics that made them full of surprises. One of the Genin Kenji actually met. She was a meek and talented kunoichi with unique abilities and an aptitude for learning. The other Genin was referred to him for his skills and it was decided that both shinobi would thrive under the tutelage of Kenji. The blue hair lion sennin never had the luxury of training someone outside of his clan, but he figured it was the same to an extent. The only difference was his clan specialized in Genjutsu, from what he knew, there were few people in Kumogakure that dared to take up the mysterious and challenging art of illusory techniques.

The only thing he knew about the other Genin was his name, Takeshii. He was more than interested to see who the Kage had selected to be one of Kenji’s first students. Kenji’s teaching methods were a bit obscure, but his point was usually understood. This would also be one of the few 2 man squads in Kumogakure. This would allow for a more unique combination fighting style in combat situations. Kenji had three things he wanted his students to achieve before being thrown into the fire: Mentality, Strategy, and Jutsu Development. Mentality would be crucial, if the shinobi is afraid or lacks confidence he doesn’t belong on the battle field. Also, they needed to be able to handle pressure. Next, was strategy, without a strategy a fighter is just wasting energy, with a plan, every move is amplified. Lastly was jutsu development. Without a sufficient and diverse jutsu list, a fighter’s strategy is limited. Strong and useful jutsu allow for the shinobi to diagnose and to initiate more complex plans of attacks. In some cases less is more, but in shinobi hood less is just less, when your opponents’ skill set varies from opponent to opponent, the shinobi’s arsenal needs to be vast enough to handle multiple styles to prevent exploitation as much as possible. Some would call Kenji a jack of all trades. He had close range skill thanks to his proficiency in Kenjutsu and Onojutsu. And he was more than adept from mid to long range due to his Genjutsu and Kyuujutsu (archery). Not to mention his blistering speed on top of his mastery of Senjutsu.

Kenji took a deep breath as he flooded his lungs with the chilling air. Kenji had on his back a crossbow and on his hip only his rusty katana. His Hane was at home getting its beauty sleep. Kenji began to eat one of his favorite granola bars, a honey oat bar with a light chocolate drizzle on top. A back pack was set beside him; he reached in and grabbed a bottle of water as well. “I hope these two Genin didn’t run out of air on their way up here.” Kenji brushed off some crumbs from his tight long sleeve black shirt. Along with black sweat pants that was all Kenji wore. Due to his clan’s lineage among high altitudes for centuries, Kenji had adapted to cold weather and high altitude, and was essentially immune to those particular elements. His gloves of reflection captured a few stray rays that managed to penetrate the clouds.

Word count: 584

Music & Theme on the way up the mountain XD:

Last edited by Kenji Chikara on Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Takeshii

Takeshii

D-rank
Takeshii stood clothed in a thick, light gray long sleeve shirt under a dark blue Haori. His clan crest stood out on the back. His thick pants were loose, but very warm, and allowed freedom of movement without any hindrance. He had made it to the end of the main path, and looked up at the remaining face of the mountain, to the plateau which his new sensei awaited.

Crouching to the ground he threw his backpack onto the ground and took out a chocolate power bar, packed with protein to keep him warm. Biting into the bar he gazed up and took in the mountain side, every nook and cranny. He studied it for a few minutes and envisioned the best path, with the most foot holds. To Takeshii, every thing could be a training opprotunity, and if you didn't take EVERY opprotunity to better yourself, than you become stagnant.

After he finished his power bar he'd brush the crumbs from his hands, and start his trek. His right hand grabbed the bitter cold rock, as his left foot stepped down on the first foot hold and he was off. Sure he could have just used the Supernatural Walking technique, but that would be only too easy. And the easy way is rarely the best way when it comes to training.

So up he went, further and further, moving up the mountain and following his envisioned path, and after only a few minutes he was on top of the mountain. He spotted whom he presumed was his new sensei, a blue maned man munching on a granola bar.

"You must be my new Sensei. Pleasure to meet you, sir." Takeshii stated with a courteous bow.

After introducing himself to his sensei, he'd sit somewhere comfortable and wait for his new team mate.

Akumasureiya Ren

Akumasureiya Ren

D-rank
“At least it’s not water, at least it’s not water..” the blue haired genin repeatedly with each step as she climbed the path to the summit of sky peak.  Ren didn’t mind the altitude, her father often had had her train at higher elevations to increase her stamina, but with every foot of elevation she gained the cold bit a little deeper.  Despite the layers she wore, her metallic horns seemed to funnel the air into her already freezing body.  But she munched on a granola bar and drank almost warm tea from her thermus as she hiked.

Nothing was going to stop her climb today, she had finally been assigned a squad, and today felt the official start of her shinobi life.  For a minute she imagined how happy her father would have been.  He would have made her an enormous breakfast to commemorate the occasion, and would have gotten her some new earrings or a necklace that would be sitting on her bed when she got home.

For an instant tears welled in the young girl’s eyes, and she looked to the ground.  Frowning, she told herself it was just a gust of the cold air, but she could feel an ache in her heart for the remainder of the rocky ascent.

When Ren finally made it to the top and saw the two individuals already sitting and waiting for her she grinned despite herself.

“Kenji sensei, I guess us blue haired people really do stick together.  Are you going to be our new sensei?” the horned genin laughed as she slid her backpack from her back and leaned it and her thermus up against a snowy rock.

“Oh and hi, I’m Ren,” she gave a small wave to the black haired kid who sat against a nearby rock.

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The first to make their way to the peak of the mountain was Takeshii, he deduced the boy's identity via process of elimination. Takeshii initiated a polite introduction then took a seat, Kenji only nodded in response, while still enjoying his granola bar. The kid had black hair and somewhat thick eyebrows, despite his appearance his tone pegged him as an even keen fellow. There was still much to unravel about his personality and fighting style. As a former member of the intelligence squad, Kenji prided himself of obtaining as much knowledge as possible on just about anything;be it people, science, or history.

By the time Ren had arrived Kenji had finished eating his granola bar. She seemed delighted to know that Kenji was indeed her sensei. Kenji rose up, rising to 6 feet and 3 inches. He ran his fingers through his blue hair. Before he addressed his team officially he took a deep breath, inhaling the frigid well below freezing temperature in his lungs. This gave his voice a chilling tone, "Good morning, welcome to squad Kokatsu shiri, a division dedicated to stealth and... the detainment of criminals." Kenji smirked at the latter as both had been picked for their potential skill in "detaining" criminals. "My name is Chikara, Kenji. I am Jounin rank shinobi of Kumogakure." Kenji looked directly at Ren as the comment was to trigger her memory of their meeting and give her intel into what jutsu Kenji used to dodge her initial strikes. "I specialize in Genjutsu mostly. In ideal situations once an opponent has been ensnared by me, they won't survive to tell about it." Kenji was exaggerating... a little bit. "The elements I use, well I should say am capable of using since I don't make a habit of using elemental jutsus: but they are Raiton and Fuuton. I have also trained in the highest of mountains, even higher than Sky point, there I became one with nature and earned the title of sage. I trained with giant blue lions for over a year to obtain Senjutsu."

Kenji's act broke as he couldn't keep up his serious routine. Kenji was much more composed than he used to be, but he still wasn't one to be too serious. A small grin came onto Kenji's face. "Honestly, this is my first time having students entrusted to me. From what I've been told you both have skills that the Kage feel with make a good combination under my teaching. So, as an exercise to become better acquainted as we will need to fight together, we must first get to know and be comfortable with eachother. Don't misunderstand though, your duration as my students will be filled with challenges that will pit you against your teammate and maybe even me. This is only to make you stronger shinobi. Without further ado, I'll have you two introduce yourselves: Include your specialties, elements, hobbies, and your goal as a shinobi. Hmm, Takeshii, why don't you begin."

Kenji gestured to Takeshii to start the squad introductions off smoothly. Once the formalities were done with then Kenji could notify them of more interesting and exciting news.

Takeshii

Takeshii

D-rank
Takeshii listened intently to Kenji speak, absorbing all of the information like a sponge. When it was his turn to speak, he took a deep breath and collected his thoughts, than stood.

"My name is Akata Takeshii, of Kumogakure. I specialize in Ninjutsu and Bukijutsu, with a sub-specialization in unorthodox weapons, such as my clan's signature weapon the Chakram. I use Raiton and Fuuton as well. My hobbies are training, reading, and playing strategy games. My goal as a shinobi is to travel the world and learn as much as I can, in order to become the best ninja I can be. I should also note, that I have a knack of perception, creating strategies, and my clan is renowned for its scouting and trap-setting abilities." He spoke briefly and to the point, and than sat patiently and listened just as intently to his team mate as he had to his sensei.

Takeshii was excited to hear that they'd be tasked with detaining dangerous criminals, life wasn't life without a challenge. At least in Takeshii's opinion.

Akumasureiya Ren

Akumasureiya Ren

D-rank
Ren shivered as she focused on the statements made by the others. After Kenji spoke she felt even more impressed by him than she had been after they had met, and Takeshii seemed like the kind of person she could get along with. When they finished Ren for a second to stop from shivering while she spoke.

“Well you both already know I’m Ren, Akumasureiya Ren to be precise. I also specialize in Ninjutsu and Bukijutsu, although I’m primarily skilled with scythes and the sickle and chain. Also I guess Raiton and Fuuton can be a squad theme because I use it too. My hobbies mostly include reading and training, but I like to sketch and shop when I get free time. And my goal as a shinobi is to be strong enough to never lose the ones I love, or myself.”

Ren stopped there, not wanting to get into her clan’s specialties the way Takeshii had. She was extremely excited to finally be part of a squad, but a part of her way always afraid of telling others what exactly her horns meant. She was sure that information would come out in time, but she wanted to see what each of her new team members were like before giving them the details of her demonic contract.

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Ren was correct all three of them did have the same elemental affinites. What a coicidence, "I guess the Kage knows what she's doing" Kenji looked at both his promising students. They were both quite interesting characters and he foresaw an interesting campaign ahead. A strong breeze kicked up, even with Kenji's kekkai genkai and his long stint in high altitudes, it was enough to cause a slight shiver, that was probably not even noticable. As the wind settled down, Kenji brushed his hair from the front of his face. "Congratulations on making it this far... but it has only begun. I can tell you right now that the duties you will be asked to take on are dangerous to say the least. Not only that, but the sheer amount we will be expected to execute are formiddable as well. I have..." Kenji counted on his fingers, "More than 5 missions sitting on my desk waiting for my signature, so they can notify the client. The missions require a team." Kenji pointed at them. "Before I can in good conscious accept those missions, I need to determine if you two have what it takes. Making this little trip was cute, graduating from the academy and getting the attention of the Raikage, even cuter. But from now on, starting tomorrow morning 7:00 am sharp, it's going to get ugly." Kenji closed his eyes and smiled, "You will be notified of the location. Things will get... interesting." Kenji's skin pigment turned a greyish blue and his hair grew long like a mane. Three white dots appeared on his face as well. Kenji opened his mouth slightly to show his elonged canine teeth, "Come prepared."

After those words Kenji released a massive amount of fuuton infused senjutsu chakra from his katana catapulting him off the plateau of sky point, he was shot up to 100 meters at 90 m/s, leaving nothing but a formless blue blur behind. Kenji in three seconds reached the bottom of the moutain and his students were completely out of view. "We'll see if they really have what it takes."

280/320:

EXIT THREAD

Takeshii

Takeshii

D-rank
Takeshii listened to what would be expected of them, their dangerous missions. It sounded like a challenge, and the challenge was accepted.

As his sensei changed and disappeared from view in a poof of Fuuton chakra, almost faster than Takeshii could percieve what had happened. Almost. Takeshii could only barely make out a blue movement blur, which to any normal person would have likely been akin to seeing Nightcrawler teleport.

"Well... that just happened... I guess we go back home and prepare than? Unless you want to do a quick spar?" Takeshii offered offhandedly.

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
OOC: You two are more than welcomed to continue rp ing amongst each other. The next thread however is already up. So whenever you're ready, hop in. The posting order is: Kenji, Ren, then Takeshii.

http://www.narutosaga.com/t7875-cold-truth-squad-kokatsu-shiri-only-no-kill#82400

Akumasureiya Ren

Akumasureiya Ren

D-rank
Ren had no qualms about the dangerous mission, and the speed that their sensei had traveled made her feel safer about anything they could encounter. He couldn’t expect that much from them on their first mission… could he?

Shivering Ren turned to her new squadmate, “Yeah really…” she stared at the mountain that Kenji had just disappeared down. “Normally I wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to train, but I can’t get anything done in this cold, you try to do anything with these things amplifying this frigid air,” she gestured to the metallic horns on her head.

“Next time definitely,” her she gave a blue lipped grin. “Want to head back down together?”

Takeshii

Takeshii

D-rank
“Yeah really…” she stared at the mountain that Kenji had just disappeared down. “Normally I wouldn’t pass up the opportunity to train, but I can’t get anything done in this cold, you try to do anything with these things amplifying this frigid air,” she gestured to the metallic horns on her head.

“Next time definitely,” her she gave a blue lipped grin. “Want to head back down together?”

"Sure. How about a cup of hot cocoa when we get to the bottom?" Takeshii asked throwing his small pack over his shoulder as he stood. He'd wait for Ren before he began to head down the way Ren had come, it seemed there was a path that lead to their exact location which Takeshii hadn't been aware of.

It would certainly be easier just to talk to each other about their strengths and weaknesses and such rather than tire themselves out fighting on a bitter cold crag. Certainly it'd also aid them in building a bit of team harmony.

Akumasureiya Ren

Akumasureiya Ren

D-rank
"Sounds great!" Ren smiled while gathering her things.  It only took a moment, but she frowned as she pulled her now frigid thermos out of the snow.  Strapping it to her backpack she walked to the path and followed her new squad mate down the path she had come up.

"So what do you think of Kenji?" she queried as they started to traverse the snow covered rocks.

Takeshii

Takeshii

D-rank
"Sounds great!" She said happily as she dug her thermostat out of the frigid ground, and packed up her thing. As they began to make the long travel back home, she asked Takeshii what he thought about his sensei.

"Hm... well he seems like a strong man. I'm not sure what his expectations are of us, but I'm confident that if he has faith in our abilities, than we can't possibly let him down. You seem familiar with him, you two already know eachother, huh?" A blind man could have made this assessment, based on Ren's first reaction upon seeing Kenji on the plateau. Takeshii was simply pointing out an observation, he had made. This was good though, this meant that they had atleast some knowledge of what he was capable of, if he trained Ren at all. They'd also have a good idea of what they're training would be like, if she had already been trained by him, which again he presumed she had been based on her initial reaction to seeing Kenji on the plateau.

"What's he like? As a teacher I mean, presuming that he's helped train you already, of course." Takeshii asked.

Akumasureiya Ren

Akumasureiya Ren

D-rank
"Well," she started to rub her hands together while they walked, "I've only met him the one time."  She thought back to her first meeting with the sage, and he had gone out of his way to help train her in Raiton techniques.  "But he really seemed to know what I needed to help me work through the troubles I was having.  He was very supportive, but he was able to point out my weaknesses so I could work on changing them.  That's why I was excited to see him today, I really think he'll be a perfect person to be the head of this squad."

Each step the pair took crunched as they made their way through the snowy rocks. She let just a moment of silence settle between them before she asked another question.

"So have you been on any missions before this one?"

Takeshii

Takeshii

D-rank
"Well," the blue haired girl said, as she started to rub her hands together while they walked, "I've only met him the one time." A pause came that Takeshii took as her looking back, "But he really seemed to know what I needed to help me work through the troubles I was having.  He was very supportive, but he was able to point out my weaknesses so I could work on changing them.  That's why I was excited to see him today, I really think he'll be a perfect person to be the head of this squad."

'Supportive, but tactful. A good teacher indeed. This team will go far, I pray.' he thought to himself as a moment of silence fell between the two. He looked out over the mountains, and it was truly a beautiful thing.

"So have you been on any missions before this one?"

"Hm... no. This is my first mission. My first squad too. That's why I'm so excited to get started. What about you, have you been on any missions before this?" He asked looking over, it was now being so close that he got his first really good look at Ren's horns. Some may have been put off by them, but Takeshii thought they were really cool.

Akumasureiya Ren

Akumasureiya Ren

D-rank
"This is my first mission and squad too," Ren flashed Takeshii a quick smile.  To be honest she felt a little relieved she'd be on a level playing field with her new squad mate, this seemed like the best way from them to grow together, at least in her opinion.

Each step the two took down the mountain helped fight off the icy coldness that Ren felt.  Movement helped as her body started to heat itself, but mostly she attributed to the drop in elevation. As her head cleared she looked down the mountain side and took a minute to take in the pristine surroundings.  Despite her father's training she had never been up to this high of an elevation, and there was a beauty in the isolation that the mountaintop provided.  She could see for miles in all directions, and her eyes followed the valleys and peaks of he landscape as they walked.  She was grateful that today there wasn't a cloud in the sky so she could take in as much of the view as possible, and little part of her wanted to stop and try to capture what she was seeing in a sketch.

"It sure is beautiful up here," the blue haired girl acknowledged to her new companion.  "My father would say that this is sign that good things are coming our way."

Takeshii

Takeshii

D-rank
"This is my first mission and squad too," Ren flashed Takeshii a quick smile. Which Takeshii returned.

A long pause came as Ren gazed out among the cloudless mountains, Takeshii gazed out as well. The view was certainly breathtaking. The cool breeze, fresh afternoon air, the sun came down in rays giving what little warmth it could. It was a good day.

"It sure is beautiful up here," the blue haired girl acknowledged to her new companion. "My father would say that this is sign that good things are coming our way."

"Mm... indeed. Takeshii responded giving a slight nod. "You're father sounds like a good man. Our father's should get together sometime, I think my dad would enjoy a conversation with yours. It would give us an opprotunity to train as well." He said genuinely. Indeed his father would quite enjoy that, his favorite past time was learning about the point of views of others, whether they be the same as his or polar opposites.

"My dad would say to enjoy everyday, and take every opprotunity. Whether it's good or bad, it is what we choose to make it."

If for whatever reason he were interupted he would silently listen to Ren.

Akumasureiya Ren

Akumasureiya Ren

D-rank
"That's a nice thought," Ren smiled, but turned her head away from Takeshii.  For a minue she remained silent, knowing there was no way Takeshii could have know about her father's death.  Still, the thought of her father meeting the family of her new squad mate brought pain to her chest, and once again a her eyes welled up, and this time a few tears started to drip down her cheek.  For a minute she shivered as the pair was buffeted by a gust of wind, and eventually she forced back her emotions enough to explain the situation to her new companion.

"Sorry," she said while she was facing away, "it's just my father died two years ago." Her voice was soft as she spoke, and she hoped the whistling of the wind would drown out any wavering that carried in her words.  "Today's just not the best day to be thinking of him, I should have never brought it up."

Takeshii

Takeshii

D-rank
"That's a nice thought," Ren smiled, but turned her head away from Takeshii. Takeshii knew instantly that he had struck a cord. Her body language said as much. Turning her head, the lines of her eyes not lifting when she smiled, her demeaner immediately changed to that of someone who was sad. The only reason Takeshii could think of that would make her so sad because of the conversation would be if her father wasn't around anymore for some reason. This realization made his heart drop. The gust of wind did little to warm his heart.

"Sorry," she said while she was facing away, "it's just my father died two years ago." The wind did little to mask her emotions as well. "Today's just not the best day to be thinking of him, I should have never brought it up."

"You don't have anything to apologize for. I'm the one who should apologize, I didn't know. But I'm sure wherever he is now, he's looking proudly down at his daughter." Takeshii spoke earnestly, and hoped it would be enough to salvage his new allies mood. A violent gust of frigid air barraged the two youngsters. "Hehe... it's getting colder. I didn't think it could. How about we hurry down to that hot cocoa, and warm our spirits?"

Akumasureiya Ren

Akumasureiya Ren

D-rank
"Sounds good," Ren wiped her face with the back of her hand quickly, and then turned to Takeshii and forced a smile. Quickening her pace, the horned shinobi led the way down the mountain. Her thoughts were bittersweet as she struggled with the memory of her father, but looked toward the future with her new squad. She was excited to finally be moving in the direction of becoming a true ninja, and she was more excited for the prospect of having a squad.

Kenji and Takeshii had both seemed really welcoming, and she was excited to finally have a group she could belong to. Since her father had died she had felt lost, and the normal reaction to her horns had made her feel even more separated. This was finally a chance to really belong to something, and she really hoped she wouldn't screw it up.

She glanced back over her shoulder and smiled at Takeshii while they walked, hopefully squad Kokatsu shiri would be a home for her

----EXIT THREAD----
OOC: Seems like a good time to end it, get posting in that other thread

Takeshii

Takeshii

D-rank
"Sounds good." Ren said as she smiled. Takeshii could kinda tell she was still a bit sad, but her mood seemed to be lifted a bit. They're pace quickened and Ren led the way down the mountain.

Once they got to the end, she'd smile over her shoulder at Takeshii. Once at the bottom, Takeshii would lead the way to his clan's grounds, Ren would be welcomed warmly by all of the Akata Clan, and they'd finally have their hot cocoa before they parted ways.

-Exit Thread-

OOC: Works for me. Thanks for the RP. ^^

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.