You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
Gentle splashes of water lapped at her ankles, the purity of the clean pool water leaving no marks as they slid down her bare-feet and back into its large containment, where it continued in its perpetual small wave motions. Keiko was never one to have a set, habitual schedule of finding something relaxing to do, but she had to admit that she loved the rare times where she found herself indulging in the soothing quietness of the pool in its earlier hours of opening. Being a suiton user herself, being near bodies of said element always seemed to bring about a sense of calmness over her – as calm as Kitahara Keiko could get – even on days where she stood on the rocky edge of a cliff looking down on the violent waves declaring war on the jagged rocks below, where the element was anything but calm.

Long, slender legs dangled over the edge of the pool as their owner sat on the relatively dry deck, not yet flooded by the masses of people who flocked to the pool during the warmer hours of the day. She was wearing her usual outfit; her favourite pink hoodie pulled down low until you could see only a glimpse of her black shorts, shoes placed neatly beside her, with her white socks stuffed into the opening. It was quieter than usual, with only a few senior citizens lounging in the shallow area, and no one familiar in sight. As much as she was fine with approaching strangers to strike up a quick conversation, strolling up to a bunch of old people – some of which looked ancient enough to have a foot in the grave –  was about as appealing as it sounded.

Briefly, as she mourned the lack of a soul to speak with, a thought floated in, and her eyes narrowed as she tried to mentally force it out of her mind. There was no way she would go and ask for his company, not of her own free will at least. It’s not like he has the time, that oh-so-popular fool. Probably off wooing a couple women twice his age. The very thought brought a little secretive smile on her face, but her feet, which had been submerged under water, suddenly lifted up in unison before she brought them down again, resulting in a large splash that gained her the attention of the other residents at the pool. Oops … Smiling apologetically at them before her expression dropped into one of a brooding atmosphere, she left out a huff of breath, poking at the surface of the water with her toe and preoccupying herself with the little ripples that ensued as a result of her little actions.

Training Fuuton C>B
[457/2000]

Last edited by Keiko on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ryuusei

Ryuusei

D-rank
“Click” sounded the pad lock as Hayato pressed his thumb and middle finger together, each pushing down an opposing side and closing the device. “7 am,” he thought to himself as he let out a light sigh and stretched his neck a bit, tilting his head from side to side, “Perfect time for a swim.” It had been a while since Hayato had gone swimming at the pool, for a multitude of reasons really. The life of a shinobi can be pretty demanding and sometimes even pleasures as small as going for a morning swim had to be put on hold in favor of work.

The morning really was the best time to go for a swim at the pool and it wasn’t even debatable. The only other people who came this early were the elderly and they didn’t even swim, preferring to just sit at the edge of the pool and vegetate. On occasion they would get their feet wet and splash around a bit, maybe even take one of the aquarobics classes as a group, but more often than not if Hayato was here this early he more or less had the entire pool to himself. And most importantly there were no children or academy students lurking about at this hour aiming to destroy the sanctity of the pristine water with their childish pranks. It may have been pumped with chlorine, but this pool was still as clean as it got as far as swimming waters go. For a village in the water country on an island surrounded by water there was a distinct lack of suitable places where one could go and just swim until all of their problems are gone. Sure Kirigakure had beaches, but if the water wasn’t dark and murky, it was home to a less than friendly inhabitant, or it was being roamed by pirates. “I’ll take my chlorine, thank you very much,” Hayato said in a snarky manner as he spun the dial on his lock to a random number, swung his towel over his bare shoulder and proceeded to make his way out of the locker room.

Beside the exit door he came across the old vending machine that had been there as long as he could remember. “It’s a wonder that this thing even still functions,” Hayato mused in his own mind, “Hey, I guess if it works it works. Now that I’m here I should probably get a bottle of water. I love my chlorine, but that doesn’t mean I want to drink it.” Patting down the sides of his swim trunks he realized that his wallet was back in his locker, not that it mattered much as he noticed the machine was powered down. Throwing a glance over to the outlet on the wall beside the machine he saw that it was plugged in, it just wasn’t working… for whatever reason. Slightly annoyed he built up a relatively small raiton charge in the tip of his finger and proceeded to poke the machine, which surprisingly was enough to power it back on. “Lucky break,” he said with a chuckle before banging his fist against the machine and causing a bottle of water to be jarred loose and fall down to the opening, “I think I deserve a reward for fixing their problem free of charge. Got to love out dated machinery.”

As he stepped out of the locker room and into the open air pool area a slight chill was sent up his spine by the cool morning air. He enjoyed the cold, but even he had to pause for a second after leaving the heated locker room into a breezy Kirigakure morning wearing nothing but his black swim trunks. Performing a quick visual scan of the area everything seemed to be just as he expected it would be. No children, senior citizens lazily lounging about on their beach chairs, Keiko sitting at the edge of the pool with her feet in the water... Keiko? What on earth was she doing here? It had been years since she had come swimming with him. What would have prompted the sudden change? No, that couldn’t be it. He hadn’t told anyone he was coming today and even if she had asked for him, with his sporadic attendance lately she couldn’t have known he was going to be there. What’s more she wasn’t even in swimming attire, she was just dressed normally.

“Well, I guess I had better go say hello,” Hayato thought to himself as he sneakily made his way over to Keiko, being careful not to be detected. Upon getting behind her he would casually take a seat at the poolside, right beside her, probably too close for anyone but him. “Good morning Kei-chan~”

Training Raiton D>C: 809/1500

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
The lifeguard on duty – a plump, lethargic woman with short, curly blond hair – was all but completely asleep, leaning against the leg of the tall observation chair and fanning herself with a board to keep awake. The woman had cast a single dirty glance at the genin when she walked in fully dressed in her outer wear, but didn’t say anything as Keiko had walked over to the outdoor showers and rinsed her legs thoroughly, not at all minding that some splashes of water landed on her hoodie, leaving dark stains that would eventually fade to nothingness.

Now the lifeguard was nowhere in sight, but Keiko didn’t bother finding fault with that. Seeing as most of the residents of Kirigakure were more than familiar with being around water, the chances of someone getting into an accident in the pool was about as likely as their Mizukage being assassinated. … Okay, maybe that wasn’t the greatest analogy to use, given the villages’ history. Glancing around guiltily even though she hadn’t voiced out her thoughts out loud, she suddenly had the creepiest feeling that someone was walking up behind her. It was a mixture of training and gut feeling - the kind of gut feeling that screamed, “Stranger danger, stranger danger!” to little kids when creepy old men drove up in a white van offering candy. Whipping around at the same time as when her name – said with a spine-tingling pet suffix – was uttered, she let out a soft yelp of surprise when she found herself face to face with her childhood friend, now seated beside her. Either she was losing all her training, or she was so used to his presence now that it allowed for him to sneak up behind her without much notice. For a moment, she simply stared at the man sitting beside her, studying the features that she had long since committed to memory from the many years they had spent together as an inseparable pair of friends.

“Good morning Kei-chan~” There was something she was forgetting to do, and it wasn’t to give a cute response. What was it again? … Oh right. Her right arm would snake out to punch at his shoulder, with hopefully enough force to propel him straight into the pool. Whether the punch had met its mark or not, she had gathered some judging glares from the senior residents at the pool – some nice little old ladies whose attention had been drawn by Hayato’s appearance suddenly seemed not so nice as they whispered to each other while casting glances in Keiko’s direction. It was supposedly an instinctive reaction to anything and everything Hayato said or did to her, but today had been a slight exception as she had wasted several moments … several moments staring at his face? What the hell was I doing? Time to back up before she revealed the ‘sin’ she had committed just moments before.

“What are you doing here?” Her question came out rather childish, pouty – if a face expression could be detected in her voice. His appearance was a surprise indeed; she had known that he often frequented the pool in the past, but seeing as she had barely seen head nor tail of the Misora in the past couple days, she had figured that his schedule had changed somewhat. But apparently not. Here he was, right within reach, and somehow that very fact made Keiko’s blood boil. She would never admit to have been missing him during the couple days where they had lost contact, as such was not in her personality. ”You have time to go to the pool, but not time to –“ She caught herself just in time, before she could demand why he didn’t come looking for her. No, that wasn’t acceptable anymore – she would just make herself sound like a clingy idiot. “.. not time to do missions or anything useful?” Well, that correction wouldn’t do her much justice either, seeing as she was also sitting at the pool doing nothing.

Training Fuuton C>B
[1136/2000]

Last edited by Keiko on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ryuusei

Ryuusei

D-rank
Keiko let out a cute yelp as she hastily turned around, ending up face to face with Hayato as they sat beside each other at the edge of the pool. There was a brief pause in which neither of them said a word, simply staring at each other in silence, a strange reaction for Keiko. “Oh, did I catch her off guard?” Hayato thought to himself as he inspected Keiko’s porcelain visage. “Smooth, creamy white skin? Check. Long magenta hair that was just asking for Hayato to run his hands through it? Check. That hat that always prevented him from doing so? Check… The lilac eyes? The cute nose? All there.” Allowing his eyes to wander down for just a moment Hayato continued his inspection, “Pink hoodie, long legs, and those shorts? Same old Keiko.” Considering she had dressed in that manner for years it really was no surprise that in the few days Hayato had not seen her she didn’t decide to switch up her wardrobe, but it put a smirk on his face nonetheless.

Before he could say something clever about it however, that smirk would be removed from his face just as quickly as it arrived as Keiko’s right arm shot out of its resting position and straight at his shoulder. He knew this was coming, one of the hits was ALWAYS coming sooner or later when he was with Keiko for any stretch of time. She just decided to get the first one out of the way early today.  He made no effort to try and avoid the punch which collided into his shoulder with a sting, but less impact than usual. He rarely if ever tried to dodge her hits, for a couple of reasons: 1.) Avoiding them would probably only serve to annoy her further and ensure that more of them were on the way and 2.) At this point the hits have become such a regular occurrence in the interactions between the two of them that Hayato had come to just see them as normal, “love taps” he called them. “She hasn’t changed one but in my absence,” Hayato mused to himself as he rubbed the shoulder she had just struck, “That’s a relief… I wish my shoulder could say the same thing though.”

“What are you doing here? You have time to go to the pool, but not time to –“ Keiko blurted out in a frustrated voice. She was always so adorable when she was upset. There was a brief pause in her statement before continuing, “not time to do missions or anything useful?”

“Nice to see you too, Keiko,” Hayato said playfully, still rubbing his assaulted shoulder, “It’s good to see you are in high spirits today. Come on, you know that I am a swimmer, what else would I be doing here? The real question is why are you here? And sorry I’ve been missing in action lately, been bogged down with work.” Removing his hand from his shoulder Hayato slid even closer to Keiko, their bodies separated by less than an inch of the concrete surrounding the pool. He leaned his upper body over to her, using the height difference between them to lower his head down to hers, close enough for each of them to feel each other’s breath before continuing, “It feels like it’s been forever since we were together last. You know how long my days get when I don’t get to see you…”

Then, almost as suddenly as he had leaned so intimately close to Keiko he straightened himself up and put a wide grin on his face. “By the way, your punches aren’t as hard as they used to be, have you been neglecting your training? Or did you hesitate to hit me as hard as you could because you were secretly afraid to hurt me? I mean it would make sense considering you are in love with me.” Hayato stuck his tongue out slightly after he made that last comment, clearly aiming to tease and annoy Keiko.

Training Raiton D>C: 1494/1500

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
That punch didn’t seem to alleviate any of her pent-up frustrations towards Hayato, and his carefree comments did nothing more than to add fuel to the fire. Some little voice in her mind told her that she should be happy –ecstatic, even  – to have been able to catch Hayato when they were both free, and that she should be using the time to talk to him and make up for lost time. But nope.  That childish feeling of being wronged took over her words and actions, and Keiko was more than willing to succumb to it.

“It’s good to see you are in high spirits today. Come on, you know that I am a swimmer, what else would I be doing here? The real question is why are you here? And sorry I’ve been missing in action lately, been bogged down with work.” Suddenly coming down with a case of severe selective hearing, Keiko decided that only the last sentence was worth paying attention to. Bogged down by work … he really is getting much stronger if he’s being assigned with more work than I am. Part of her wanted to be bitter about this, to be unreasonably jealous and resent him for improving so much. But she just couldn’t do it. Not when she was the one by his side back in their earlier years at the Academy, cheering him on when he struggled with learning even the basics. But before she could come up with even the slightest beginnings of a response, he suddenly shifted his position, leaning in to invade her personal space. Eyes widening, an obvious flash of alarm in her gaze, she instinctively moved in the same direction as Hayato – shying away as he attempted to close the distance between them. An increasingly familiar warmth rushing towards her cheeks made her heart pound in panic, and of course, that only increased her blood pressure and forcing more blood towards her face. Her forced her gaze to meet his in what she hoped was an even, steady expression, lilac eyes meeting his grey ones.

Don’t blush … don’t embarrass yourself … this was Hayato, for heaven’s sake. The same kid she met at age six and hung out with ever since. What was wrong with her? It must be the lack of personal space that was making her uncomfortable. Yeah, that must be it. After reassuring herself of such, her arms raised towards his chest, ready to push him away. “It feels like it’s been forever since we were together last. You know how long my days get when I don’t get to see you…” His words made her waver, and in that brief moment of her hesitation, he had already pulled back, returning to his original position beside her. He had always been the smooth-talker – or was he? She couldn’t remember a time when he was not, having gotten so used to his charming words over the past few years. But she vowed to never fall for such charms – after all, he was just a childhood friend to her. And nothing more.

”Haah. Still uttering your disgustingly cheesy words, I see. You must be thrilled to have the skill of stringing perfectly innocent words and making them revolting.” She replied, crossing her arms in front of her chest. ”And whose fault is it that you never get to see me?” She wasn’t being fair by continuing to put the blame on him. If he said he had work, then it must be true … he wouldn’t lie to her. Right?

“By the way, your punches aren’t as hard as they used to be, have you been neglecting your training? Or did you hesitate to hit me as hard as you could because you were secretly afraid to hurt me? I mean it would make sense considering you are in love with me.” She knew he was teasing her, and that if she reacted, it would only be completely falling for his plans to irritate her. But being the person that she was, it wasn’t easy not to respond. She should be used to his teasing now – immune to it, even – but over the past year or so, it seemed like his words hit closer to home, affecting her more than it should. Instead of responding right away, she completed the shove that she had been preparing from his invasion of her personal space earlier, using both hands to push him into the pool. “Secretly afraid to hurt you because I’m in love with you? Let me correct any misunderstandings then.” She said after the push, offering him an innocent smile.

Training Fuuton C>B
[1925/2000]

Last edited by Keiko on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:56 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ryuusei

Ryuusei

D-rank
Hayato felt Keiko’s hands begin to press against his bare chest after he finished his last sentence, prompting him to close his eyes and take a deep breath. “I know where this is going,” he thought to himself before her hands violently were violently thrust forward into his body, causing him to fall into the pool. The cold rush that surged through him as his body plunged into the water caused him to hesitate a bit before trying to regain control of his momentum in the water. It was strange, he had been swimming his whole life and yet he never did get used to that initial biting cold upon entering the water as your body acclimated itself to the temperature. Once he got over the shock of the cold water Hayato adjusted himself in the water and allowed himself to sink until his feet touched the bottom of the pool. The moment he felt the pads of his feet touch the pool’s floor he would push off to launch himself up to the surface.

“Secretly afraid to hurt you because I’m in love with you? Let me correct any misunderstandings then,” he heard Keiko say as he came up out of the water. The hair in his face prevented him from seeing exactly what kind of an expression she was wearing on her face, but he was sure it was a mocking smile of some kind. That was just the way their relationship went. Once his head emerged from the water he would adjust himself to face Keiko and begin treading water before intentionally flipping the hair over his right eye in such a way that the excess water dripping from it would be splashed on her. “Love taps Kei-chan, love taps,” he said playfully in regards to her outward acts of violence against him. To the uninitiated it must have looked strange, even like they hated each other at times, but there was never any animosity between them about Keiko’s “love taps”. This is how they always were… well at least since late in their academy years.

“Don’t act like you don’t love my cheesy words,” Hayato mused with a confident smirk as he floated over to the edge of the pool where Keiko was seated, “You can’t fool me. Now, are you just going to sit at the edge of the water and hang out with the senior citizens or are you going to join me in here?” Hayato raised one hand out of the water and began walking his index and middle finger up her bare leg as he locked eyes with Keiko once again. “All you’d have to do is take off your outerwear. I wouldn’t mind seeing what you are wearing underneath,” he said, his fingers having reached up to her lower thigh at this point. “I could give you more incentive if you need it,” he continued, having stopped his hand’s ascent up her leg and instead used it to nudge the leg slightly more towards him as he made a trail of three soft kisses up the side of her exposed limb. “Or… I could just…” he purposefully trailed off at the end as he pulled his arm back and instead used it to brush a nail against the bottom of her foot to tickle her. Knowing someone for this long has its perks. Hayato knew she was ticklish. “Let’s see how long she can keep the tough girl front up.”

Training Raiton D>C: 1500/1500
Training Suiton D>C: 584/1500

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
The satisfying sound of Hayato hitting the water made her mood lighten considerably, and even the fact that it took him a while to resurface didn’t seem to faze her. She was well aware of Hayato’s capabilities when it came to swimming and even if by some freak accident he had hit his head … well, she could always go and fetch him after a couple minutes. Keiko herself was not at all unfamiliar with swimming, but she didn’t frequent the pool as much as the other genin did, and her endurance was likely to be much lower. She couldn’t quite remember the last time she had actually been inside the pool swimming laps at her own leisure … just as she couldn’t exactly recall the last time she had gone to the pool with Hayato. After they graduated from the Academy and began taking up the duties of a genin (including minor missions and training sessions), there was little time to be left for such activities. Even now, although she had brought swimwear, Keiko had changed her mind about going swimming upon arrival, deciding that she would much rather just sit at the edge and lose herself in her thoughts than swim alone.

Just as she had predicted, Hayato’s head – now covered in a mop of black hair – eventually popped out of the water, heading towards her at a deliberate pace. The water that sprayed towards her earned only a slight wrinkle of her nose – but not enough to dip her mood back into its earlier foul state. “Love taps Kei-chan, love taps.” As much as she hated hearing him refer to her random – or not so random – acts of violence in such an affectionate manner, it took much effort for her to bite down on a smile, as the term only served to reassure her that he was indeed the same Hayato she knew. ”If those are love taps, then one of these days, when I successfully kill you, would that be considered a proclamation of love?” She rolled her eyes to emphasize what she thought about his ridiculous term, kicking some water towards him.

”I’d have to be deaf to love your cheesy words. Deaf and blind - because your gross words are reflected on your face.” Anything she was going to say next instantly evaporated into thin air as his fingers made contact with the bare, sensitive skin of her leg, wide lilac eyes flickering between watching his hand move and meeting his gaze in disbelief. Her first instinct was to lashing out with that very leg and catch him in the jaw, but something about the way he was teasing her – she knew he was teasing her – sent shivers down her spine, the chill that she didn’t quite dislike … she just didn’t know what to do about it. “All you’d have to do is take off your outerwear. I wouldn’t mind seeing what you are wearing underneath, I could give you more incentive if you need it,” The first of the three kisses made her body go rigid, every muscle coiled with the intention to flee. Stop … Stop it. Don’t let him tease you like this.

”Did you get rejected by someone lady you chased today? And now you’re crawling to me?” She took on a haughtier tone of voice, shifting her leg just slightly to move it away from his lips by the third kiss. ”Just so you know, I don’t want your –“ She interrupted herself with a yelp, kicking out at him when he dragged a nail lightly on the bottom of her foot.  Without warning, she stood up on deck and headed into the change room, shooting a glare over her shoulder at Hayato. ”I’m going to drown you when I come back.”

Hurriedly walking into the change room and pushing the door open rather violently, she leaned against the wooden frame on the other side the moment she stepped in, closing her eyes and taking a breath. It was ridiculous how much she was being affected right now. Absolutely ludicrous. I don’t like him, and harbour no feelings towards him apart from our eleven years of friendship. I have to stop being so weak. Marching determinedly towards her locker and grabbing her change of clothes, she stripped her outerwear and slipped on the jet-black and white bikini. The swim wear was simple, yet cute, the triangle top decorated with horizontal black and white lines and the bottom – although it seemed as though she had no problem with showing skin when it came to her short shorts – was a simple pair of short boyshorts. Tossing a towel over her shoulder, she walked back out, eyes scanning the area for Hayato.

Training Fuuton C>B
2000/2000

Training Ice Release: Stage of Ice
[728/1000]

Last edited by Keiko on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

Ryuusei

Ryuusei

D-rank
”Did you get rejected by some lady you chased today? And now you’re crawling to me?” Keiko said haughtily as she retracted her leg a bit to put some distance between it and Hayato’s lips. He wasn’t phased by it in the slightest however, as he simply moved along the edge of the pool to close the distance that she had moved her leg to end up in almost the exact same position. “Oh, come now Kei-chan,” he said in a deceitfully playful voice, purposefully making the inflection in his voice too ambiguous to discern between where the joke may have ended and where the truth may have begun, as he drew closer to her again, “When do I ever get rejected other than by you? And besides, why would I be worried about any other girl when you’re the only real prize to be had?” Hayato had been told before that he has gotten far too comfortable with his relentlessly flirtatious ways, but every time he got reprimanded he tended to just shrug off the warnings of others. He felt people were too strict and uptight and saw no harm being done by his actions, so he also refused to accept the possibility that it was a bad thing. It wasn’t like he was chasing after married women, right? As far as he was concerned his bringing smiles to the faces of the bachelorettes of Kirigakure with his words and sending the feeling of electricity through their bodies with his touch was a good thing. The fact that he got his fun out of making their hearts beat a thousand miles a minute was an added bonus.

”Just so you know, I don’t want your –“ Keiko began before cutting herself off with a yelp in response to Hayato brushing his nail across the sole of her foot to tickle her. Her reaction was predictable, at least to Hayato it was, as the leg of the foot he just tickled retracted a bit before launching forward and landing a kick right in his shoulder. “More love taps,” he thought to himself as he rubbed the area she had kicked. It wasn’t a particularly devastating kick as she had caught him with the sole of her foot rather than her heel, but she was a shinobi… their kicks tend to hurt. Before Hayato had a chance to make one of his witty comments about the kick Keiko had already gotten up and began running off towards the women’s locker room, stopping only to throw a momentary harsh glare his way and declare the sentence, ”I’m going to drown you when I come back.”

“Oh boy, what have I started?” Hayato mused to himself with a smirk as he watched her disappear into the nearby building before casually going into a backstroke and doing a quick lap around the pool. Once he had completed his lap Hayato decided to climb back onto the edge of the pool, opposite where they were sitting before, and take a seat while he awaited her return. When Keiko emerged from the locker room Hayato waved her down from his seat and motioned for her to come over to his location. “Is that new?” He would say in regards to her swimwear as she drew closer.

Training Suiton D>C: 1143/1500

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
As much as she prided herself on the fact that she alone knew more about Hayato than anyone else, she was beginning to feel like sometimes … it was as though he was a complete stranger. The more he teased her, the more she found his words and actions harder to read. And it was the fact that she was allowing herself to be affected by his indecipherable actions that annoyed her.  “Oh, come now Kei-chan, when do I ever get rejected other than by you? And besides, why would I be worried about any other girl when you’re the only real prize to be had?” She hadn’t answered – didn’t trust herself to. Instead, she had run off to change into a more appropriate getup to go swimming, his words still ringing in her head. It was dizzying, dangerous so, to let his words float about in her mind. Any girl who faced the charismatic, flirtatious charms of Hayato would bound to be placed under his spell, and it was only the fact that she had known him for so long that she was partially immune to it. But clearly … her immunity was being worn down little by little.

Dropping her towel on a nearby chair, the waving motions caught her eye and she let out a huff of annoyance at having to walk the entire length of the pool down to where Hayato was seated. From his change in location, as well as the water still dripping down from his hair and body, it didn’t take much thought to realize that he had been swimming during the brief period of time she had been in the locker room. “Two weeks isn’t exactly new.” She said in reply to his question, crossing her arms in front of her. “But you wouldn’t know.” She was letting her irritation at their lack of contact in the past couple days show again and, upon realizing this, quickly changed the subject, slipping herself into the pool and yelping, “Cold!” Not that she really minded the cold, preferring freezing temperatures over anything hot enough to diminish the size of a small ice cube – not that it took abnormally high temperatures to make that happen. It had just been the sudden drop in temperature that drew out the surprised exclamation from her. Taking a breath, she realized her grip on the edge of the pool, letting herself be pulled down into the water before kicking off the wall, moving several meters forward with simple dolphin kick, her upper and lower torso moving in opposite unison to propel her body forwards. While not particularly skilled at swimming, her movements were still fluid and graceful, her long magenta hair flowing behind her as she swam.

Raising her head above water to take a breath halfway down the pool, she turned back towards Hayato and stuck her tongue out, beckoning at him invitingly. Her hands moved back and forth in front of her as she treaded water, the slight enhancement of chakra creating tiny waves that kept her up with ease. By now, the elders who had occupied the pool when she first arrived had almost all cleared out, and with the exception of a couple people in the shallow area, the pool was empty. Perfect for some training, especially ninjutsu, seeing as they were both suiton users and currently in a facility where water was not exactly scarce.

Training Ice Release: Stage of Ice
[1000/1000]

Training Fuuton B>A
[304/3000]

Last edited by Keiko on Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

Ryuusei

Ryuusei

D-rank
Keiko did not look amused as she approached the pool where Hayato had already jumped in, folding her arms and scowling at him with a look of irritation painted across her face. “Two weeks isn’t exactly new,” she snapped back angrily as she glared down Hayato from the edge of the water, “But you wouldn’t know.” Her words struck Hayato like a ton of bricks as a wave of disappointment came over him, taking the wind from his sails. He hesitated for the briefest of moments, unsure of how to respond to the sudden outburst, but was unable to get a reply out before Keiko got down to the edge of the pool and dunked herself in the water.

Hayato was a bit surprised as she let out a yelp, exclaiming that the water was cold. He couldn’t help but chuckle at the thought of someone who produces ice complaining that a temperature checked swimming pool being too cold. If anyone had a right to complain about the cold it would be the pool she just plunged herself into… if pools could speak that is. Hayato lowered his entire body back into the pool as he saw Keiko take a dip, submerging everything from his shoulders down. His eyes peered over to the opposite edge of the water where Keiko had entered from, only to see he kick off of the wall and begin swimming herself. It really wasn’t THAT surprising to see her swimming, throughout all of the years they had known each other they had gone swimming before, but it was never something she did without his prodding. It was interesting to say the least, but it was probably nothing. She swam about halfway out into the center of the pool before stopping to tread water and stick her tongue out at Hayato teasingly.

“Oh?” Hayato thought to himself as he raised an eyebrow and smirked at the provocation, “I wonder what she’s getting at. I guess the only way I’ll find out is to go and investigate myself, huh?” Hayato stuck his tongue out back at her playfully before submerging himself in the water entirely, his somewhat long black hair lingering at the surface for just a moment before following him down. He would allow himself to sink all the way to the pool floor before kicking off of the wall, propelling himself forward and in Keiko’s direction. He would swim along to pool’s floor until he reached Keiko’s location and would then push off of the floor to launch himself up to be right next to Keiko, demonstratively splashing around as he came up. “Come on Kei-chan, don’t be mad at me,” Hayato said as he closed the gap between he and Keiko, “It wasn’t like I didn’t want to see you. You’re one of the only things that gets me through my missions when I get called away. I don’t know if I’d be as motivated to finish them if I didn’t have you to look forward to when I returned.” He then stuck his tongue out at her and continued teasingly, “Besides, do you think I would have passed on an invitation to go swimsuit shopping with you and get to have you model in bathing suits for me if I wasn’t away on assignment?”

Training Suiton D>C: 1500/1500
Training Fuuton D>C: 212/3000

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
It was nice, being able to actually swim in water - an element she felt entirely at ease with. The water was pure and refreshing, proving that the reputation of Kirigakure's famous pool was nothing but true, with only a hint of chlorine passing through her senses. The pool was otherwise untainted, without the many forms of insanitary pollution seeping through the water and into their bodies. Continuing to tread water in a smooth, unhurried manner, she unconsciously found herself pushing the water forwards as Hayato approached, thus slowly moving her body back and away from him. As she watched him kick off the wall, using the momentum to propel himself forward, she briefly considered created a thin wall of ice in front of him - it would be quite amusing to see what he would do, or if he would even do anything. The temptation was there, only some part of her felt as though that wasn't entirely fair. She might as well wait for a fair training session … which would hopefully begin soon.

His sudden movement to break the surface of the water at an increased rate didn't come as much of a surprise, but she let out a noise of protest when a conspicuous amount of water flew through the air as a result of his messy splashing, narrowing her eyes at him as the water flew back into the pool around them. You’re one of the only things that gets me through my missions when I get called away. I don’t know if I’d be as motivated to finish them if I didn’t have you to look forward to when I returned. At his words, she went quiet for a moment, only doing a visible show of dramatically rolling her eyes at him to disguise any other reaction she had towards his words. It was cheesy, and she had a horrible suspicion that he was saying this simply to tease her and draw out a blush or some other embarrassing reaction, but it was pleasing to hear nonetheless. “Besides, do you think I would have passed on an invitation to go swimsuit shopping with you and get to have you model in bathing suits for me if I wasn’t away on assignment?” Of course there had to be something else he had to say. Instead of responding - as actions always spoke louder than words, even sometimes when her words were loud enough as it was - she did a vertical dolphin kick, imitating the wave movement she had used horizontally to get herself to her current position to propel herself upwards, eventually switching to channel chakra to the bottom of her feet as she stood on the surface of the water.

"How about I model for you now?" She replied, crossing her arms in front of her chest, the glare still apparent in her facial expression, though lighter now, more challenging than anything. It was about time the two of them showed off whatever technique they had learned during their time apart, even if they didn't necessarily use it against each other. During their Academy days, she had watched Hayato struggle, the very blood in him that made him a Misora had seemingly been against the progression of his skills. But now … now she wasn't sure about anything anymore. The water around her feet began to freeze - only slightly at first, the beginnings of white frost showing and slowly solidifying as the edges spread out.

Chakra:130/150:

Training Fuuton B>A

[890/3000]

Ryuusei

Ryuusei

D-rank
As soon as Keiko leapt out of the water and onto its surface, the water temperature of the pool dropped considerably, sending an uncomfortable chill down Hayato’s spine. He could never forget this chilling sensation, Keiko’s Aisu blood that flowed like an icy river and gave rise to her freezing abilities that she never seemed opposed to using as punishment for Hayato’s teasing. His body shivered for a moment, taking a moment to collect himself before immediately pushing off of the bottom of the pool with his legs in order to move backwards in the water and away from the thin layer of frost that had begun to form on the pool’s surface.

It would not take long however, for Hayato to realize that once she started using those hyoton jutsu, it wouldn’t matter where in the pool he was standing, he would not be escaping the rapidly dropping temperature. The few random pedestrians that had been dipping their feet into the water on the other side of the pool let out surprised shrieks in response to the sudden freezing water and quickly ran from the poolside. He could not help but smirk at the reactions of the unknowing civilians, however mean it might be. This wasn’t the first time he and Keiko’s mischief had spelled unpleasant situations for innocent bystanders, but they were mostly harmless so it never became anything serious.

Wanting no part of the ice bath he was about to receive as a result of Keiko’s jutsu, Hayato would immediately leap as high as he could out of the shallow water, performing a backwards flip just for show and weaving a sequence of hand signs on the way up. Just as his feet would come back down to touch the water’s surface, moisture from the pool would begin to form a platform of white, puffy cloud just below him which he would land on. His feet would sink ever so slightly into the pillow like cloud, becoming invisible under the white nimbus. “Now, now that was very nice Keiko,” he said teasingly as he swept away the soaked hair that had fallen over his face to the right, “Those people had nothing to do with this and yet you chose to freeze the water with them in it. Pretty bad mannered if I do say so myself.” Of course his words were filled with snark and aimed almost solely towards provoking her rather than standing up for some kind of mock justice. After all, he didn’t know these people. For all he knew they deserved it anyway.

“But since you already made us a stage and you are in the mood to do some modeling anyway, why don’t we put on a show for our little crowd here?” he teased, with a smug smirk he was sure would make her blood boil, “You have already ruined their trip to the pool after all, with your little ice trick. The least we can do is provide a little entertainment to make up for it… unless you want to back out.”

Training Fuuton D>C: 735/3000

Keiko

Keiko

D-rank
[Note: This be when Keiko is still a genin.]

Oops.

She had been so intent on watching for Hayato's reaction that it wasn't until the yelps of distress from the others in the pool reached her ears that she realized just how much damage she was causing. Though of course, the word damage was used lightly - extremely so, given that she had only dropped the temperature by several degrees, and the frost that was creeping out was relatively harmless. It was likely because the others were regular civilians that the sudden rush of cold was enough to take them out of their comfort zones, forcing any one remaining in the pool to scramble for solid ground, away from the chilly water. By now, the ice directly at the soles of her feet had solidified into a relatively stable slab of ice, but given that they were in an outdoor pool - where the temperature was much more susceptible to change - frost continued to creep out in every direction.

The beginnings of a smirk played on her lips when he kicked off, moving away from her in an attempt to avoid the cold that she knew he would undoubtedly feel. Unfortunately, any time she would have had to feel smug was cut short by the distraction of the nearby civilians, as within the smidgen of a second that her attention had been drawn away, he had propelled himself out of the water. The following sequence of action was both awe-inspiring and comical, the latter a result of his fancy backflip, resembling that of a dolphin. Before he hit the water again, a cloud of what appeared to be visible water vapour forming at the base of his person, keeping him just slightly above water. To any onlookers, it was quite the show, two advanced element users standing atop a platform of their respective elements. It was nearly enough for the civilians to forget why they were out of the pool in the first place. Nearly. The shimmering of the pool surface brought on by the thin layer of frost served as a constant reminder of why they could no longer enjoy their leisure swim.

Narrowing her eyes at him defiantly, she managed an eye roll in addition to the glare, quite the impressive combination. "The only bad mannered person I see here is you. I wouldn't even be in the pool in the first place had you not shown up." She tossed back, pushing the blame on the fact that he was at the pool, despite the fact that she herself had gotten quite pleased when he first made an appearance. Again and again, she was allowing herself to fall for his provocations, but underneath all the feelings of indignation and the like, a part of her admitted that it was nice being able to spend time with him - even if the only thing they were doing was bicker from the moment he had snuck up on her.

“But since you already made us a stage and you are in the mood to do some modeling anyway, why don’t we put on a show for our little crowd here?” Okay, she probably brought that on herself, mentioning the modelling as a way of retort. Great. So now she had to deal with the aftermath of that little challenge. “You have already ruined their trip to the pool after all, with your little ice trick. The least we can do is provide a little entertainment to make up for it… unless you want to back out.” Curse this damn Misora and the fact that he was already so sure that she wouldn't back out. He knew her competitive nature, knew how her prideful ways worked.

"Shut up and just come at me." She called, relaxing the glare enough to show the playful glint in her eyes. "Let's see whether you've really been training and doing missions, or if you've just busy taking care of that pretty boy image of yours." And, as she always did, she charged right towards him, her little platform of ice moving accordingly as she attempted to close the gap between them, never missing a beat as she stepped forward. Quite the smart - not - move, closing the distance despite not being a close combat fighter in the slightest. But that didn't matter. She was here for the fun; the challenge, to her, had been more of a challenge to act out against him, not a serious demand for an actual training session. While moving, water from the pool beneath her feet rose up to form two slender, whip-like shapes, on hand and ready to do whatever it is that she wanted it to do in the moments to come.

"You're going to have to make me pose for you."

Chakra: 115/150:

Training: Stage of Ice (A Rank Version)
803/1800

Ryuusei

Ryuusei

D-rank
"Shut up and just come at me.” Miyako replied to Bokuden’s taunt defiantly, challenging him to make the first move, "Let's see whether you've really been training and doing missions, or if you've just busy taking care of that pretty boy image of yours.” As soon as the last word of her challenge left her lips, Keiko charged forward, making a beeline right for Hayato’s location. It was more or less a typical Keiko fighting strategy, which Hayato picked up on immediately. Not that there was all that much to decipher; deception wasn’t really Keiko’s game. She was more likely to simply run up to Hayato and try to brute force a strike than she ever was to attempt tact and strategy to overtake him, not that these little spars ever got that serious. Keiko wasn’t even trained all that extensively in close combat to begin with, but one can afford to take risks and be reckless when your opponent is someone that won’t be fighting back.

Hayato would obviously never use real force against Keiko under any circumstance. He would easily take a thousand hits from her before the thought of even considering striking back in retaliation crossed his mind. These little matches weren’t even really fights. Keiko had been roughing around with Hayato for as long as either of them could remember. Once they got to a certain age however, the play fights became more and more one-sided as Hayato had to consciously limit how much force he actually used when sparring with her. Their graduation from the shinobi academy and the expansion of their jutsu prowess however, did make their matches more flashy as they were now showing off.

“Hmph, you always were a violent one,” Hayato answered mockingly to Keiko as she charged him, “For an ice queen you’re surprisingly hot headed. I guess I’ll have to cool you off.” Immediately he would send his cloud forward in Keiko’s direction, aiming to meet her mid-stride. As he drew in close however, he would pull back on his advance and make a sharp turn with the cloud, purposefully skidding against the water to make it splash up in Keiko’s face. After the sharp turn he would curve his path around to end up directly behind Keiko’s ice platform and begin flying away from her in the opposite direction while sticking out his tongue at her.

Sure, he could have at least made an effort to have it appear as though he was taking her challenge seriously, but what fun would that be? It just wouldn’t be a normal spar between them if Hayato didn’t take some time out to infuriate her. What was the worst thing that could happen anyway? As far as he was concerned, having her get worked up would only make things more interesting. Besides, this ice platform jutsu that she was using that allowed her to travel above ground was new and Hayato wanted to see just how much she had improved since their last run in.

Training Fuuton D>C: 1258/3000

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.