View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yagatsuki Clan Empty Yagatsuki Clan Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:00 pm

Ichirou

Ichirou

D-rank
Symbol:
Yagatsuki Clan Kwa0002

Clan: Yagatsuki

Kekkei Genkai: Midareta Kami (Hair is infused with Chakra)

Elements: Any standard element.

Specialization: Ninjutsu must be Primary.

Clan History: The Yagatsuki Clan is a young one, forming only after the Fourth Shinobi World War.  The clan was relatively weak, not having any unique characteristics, so it sought protection in Kirigakure.  The clan tried hard to be a working member of Kirigakure, but only getting many of its members past Chuunin, with only a few making Special Jounin rank.  The Yagatsuki were shuffled down to mediocre tasks and weren’t allowed to participate in major village meetings.

Frustrated and saddened by not getting to be involved with the major clans, the Yagatsuki began researching chakra natures and flows, and used selective breeding for many generations until they created their own Kekkei Genkai, and created jutsu to best use their Kekkei Genkai.  However, their Kekkei Genkai was still new, just starting its third generation with the Kekkei Genkai when the destruction of Kirigakure occurred.  After the devastating attack brought on by Hao, leader of the Shichiouza, killed off most of the clan, leaving one particular family of the Yagatsuki still alive.

The family, weak and vulnerable now that its village was also in flames, fled Kirigakure.  The family consisted of the mother, Amaya, and two kids, twins, Ichirou the first born son and Izumi the only daughter.  Both kids were very young, just toddlers, and without a father, the mother knew it was unsafe to stay.  Wanting to protect the family's secrets, Amaya wrote down the family's Kekkei Genkai in two small scrolls, and placed one into each of the baby's pouches, placing a blood seal that could only be opened by Yagatsuki blood.  Amaya, knowing that the clan’s Kekkei Genkai shouldn’t get in the wrong hands, traveled around to the hidden villages, trying to find someone within the villages to take in her and her family.  The traveling was hard, and she died protecting her children, using up all her chakra.  The twins were found, wrapped up in their mother's hair for protection, by two shinobi’s of differnet villages and they buried the mother where she lay.  The two shinobi each took one of the twins and went back to their respective villages.

This was the only known find of any remaining Yagatsuki Clan members to date.

Kekkei Genkai Description: The hair of the Yagatsuki is linked directly to the person’s chakra, and can be controlled and used in an instant if needed by the person.  Usually takes on the properties of the element the person is about to use, but can take on the properties of any chakra element at will by user IF the user knows that element. This happens on the instant that the user begins to form an attack, or when he decides to change chakra natures (E.g. X plans on using Katon jutsu, hair glows red hot/Y sees Suiton attack coming and focuses on the Suiton chakra nature, making the hair wet and ready for defense).  The reason for how this happens is that the hair is driectly linked to the rest of the body's chakra pool, so when the chakra takes on an elemental nature, the hair does too. Hair also works as a shield, protecting the person from ninjutsu. Hair does not grow or shrink rapidly, so it’s reach is only as long as the person lets it be. If cut off, the hair will be useless for remainder of the thread, but will be reset to original length for future threads. (Members of this clan must state exact length of hair.  Hair can have the length of up to 1 foot shorter than the person’s height.  E.g. 6’0” person = max of 5’0” hair). Users must have Elementalist as a Special Characteristic. Ninja of this clan must have maroon/dark red color hair.

Drawbacks: Hair gives hints while it is in an elemental phase, to what kind of attack/defense the user is about to use.   Now, pertaining to its shield-like ability- the hair can only shield attacks of the same element that it is currently in the state of (E.g. electrified hair can only block Raiton ninjutsu, and so on.) Hair can only block jutsu of the same rank or lower, but if the attacking jutsu is higher than the user's, the hair is overpowered causing +1 damage to the ninja of this clan.  No matter how low the rank of ninjutsu that it blocks, the amount of chakra used up will be the same (E.g. D rank Katon attack while player is using A rank Katon defense will cost A rank chakra equivalent, thus allowing opponent to waste the user's chakra pool with low level attacks).  The Yagatsuki mainly focused on Elemental ninjutsu, and was also known for its weakness, thus making them susceptible to physical attacks, so Bukijutsu/Taijutsu opponents receive +1 against ninja of this clan.  Must have Hesitant(Element) as a Special Characteristic

Members: Yagatsuki, Ichirou
Yagatsuki, Izumi

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu:
Yagatsuki Shield Technique:

Yagatsuki Elemental Technique:

Last edited by Ichirou on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 20 times in total

2Yagatsuki Clan Empty Re: Yagatsuki Clan Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:05 am

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
I need more details on your Kekkai Genkai. How can their hair change elements? Can they do this instantly? If not, how long does it take? How many times can they do this per thread? Overall, I just want more details on how this happens.

For your drawbacks, The length of the hair is not a drawback. I would move that detail to the KKG section. Also, Advanced Elements are locked to their specific clans and cannot be trained. Remove that part. Stating that the ninja must take Elementalist isn't a drawback either. Move that to the KKG section as well. I would like to see you add more actual drawbacks to this as well (Example: Bukijutsu/Taijutsu get a +1 in power against ninja of this clan)

As for your defensive jutsu. C-Rank jutsu cost 15 chakra, so your example is wrong. Please fix that. Also, add the details I ask from above in the KKG section. Duration/Cooldown is required.

For your offensive jutsu, I'm not sure that all the different elements should be one jutsu. I will talk to upper staff about this and get them to post on it.

3Yagatsuki Clan Empty Re: Yagatsuki Clan Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Ichirou

Ichirou

D-rank
I went back through it and made adjustments as per your request.  i hope I explained it well this time, but let me know if there are parts that are still confusing.

Changed up the drawbacks as asked, when I was writing this, I was mainly focusing on the benefits so the drawbacks were hard to come up with.  So thanks for the help!

I tweaked the Defensive and Offensive jutsus, hoping that it makes better sense now.  Again, let me know what needs work.

About the Offensive jutsu, I realized that having the several elements listed would be tough, but I didn't know of any other way to put it, since the hair is an extension of the ninja's chakra pool.

As for the Defensive one, it was hard for me to think of a duration as I was thinking that since it is mainly a reflection of the person's chakra nature that is in use at any point in time, that it wasn't really starting or stopping.  Just continually changing.  I now think that it does stop though, as that if the ninja of the clan isn't focusing on any particular jutsu nor thinking about a certain chakra element in order to block, that at these moments the Defensive jutsu would have thus stopped.  Just didn't know if I could use this as the Duration/Cooldown so I went with what is now shown.

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas!  A different set of eyes always is helpful, and i appreciate your help and review.

4Yagatsuki Clan Empty Re: Yagatsuki Clan Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:47 am

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
On the KKG, So the hair does not actually take the form of the element, but takes the properties of it? (Fire=Hot, Water=Wet, etc.) Please be more specific on that so people don't think your hair turns into fire. If I'm wrong on this, just word it so it's easier to understand and flows better.

For the drawbacks, I want you to reword the +1 Damage part similar to the way you did in the shield jutsu. It's hard to understand as is.

The shield jutsu, you say that it "drains character's chakra" Be more specific in that. We don't allow chakra drainage here, though I doubt that's what you mean. I think you mean waste chakra. Just reword it. Also, The duration has to be a concrete thing. It has to be a set amount of posts unless it is a maintainable jutsu. The Cooldown has to be at least 1.5-2x the Duration. I don't really like that the cooldown decreases with the increase in rank. It should be the opposite, as higher level jutsu can't be used as often as a lower level. Lastly, Defensive jutsu can only block 2 jutsu of equal rank period. That shouldn't vary with rank. Please fix that.

The attacking jutsu is going to take some work. The duration can't vary like that. Just make it a maintainable jutsu that takes a certain amount of chakra every turn after activation. D-C is 5 chakra per turn and B-A is 10 chakra per turn, If i'm not mistaken. Please add that in. As for the Cooldown, it will need to be longer than 2 posts, as the justu can be maintained. I'm thinking 4-5 to be safe. As for the part of the description that says the jutsu can not be used past the elements rank, that is understood. You don't have to have that in there, as it is explained in the guidelines. Lastly, the Suiton portion of this jutsu needs more detail. Can the bubble be broken? Also, I'd like you to reword it as it is kinda confusing as is.

After all this is fixed, we will continue :)

NOTE: I encourage any GM/Admin that see this to look and make sure I'm correct on this stuff. It's a lot to take in and mod O.o

5Yagatsuki Clan Empty Re: Yagatsuki Clan Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:57 am

Ichirou

Ichirou

D-rank
Strafe Aisu wrote:On the KKG, So the hair does not actually take the form of the element, but takes the properties of it? (Fire=Hot, Water=Wet, etc.) Please be more specific on that so people don't think your hair turns into fire. If I'm wrong on this, just word it so it's easier to understand and flows better.

For the drawbacks, I want you to reword the +1 Damage part similar to the way you did in the shield jutsu. It's hard to understand as is.

The shield jutsu, you say that it "drains character's chakra" Be more specific in that. We don't allow chakra drainage here, though I doubt that's what you mean. I think you mean waste chakra. Just reword it. Also, The duration has to be a concrete thing. It has to be a set amount of posts unless it is a maintainable jutsu. The Cooldown has to be at least 1.5-2x the Duration. I don't really like that the cooldown decreases with the increase in rank. It should be the opposite, as higher level jutsu can't be used as often as a lower level. Lastly, Defensive jutsu can only block 2 jutsu of equal rank period. That shouldn't vary with rank. Please fix that.

The attacking jutsu is going to take some work. The duration can't vary like that. Just make it a maintainable jutsu that takes a certain amount of chakra every turn after activation. D-C is 5 chakra per turn and B-A is 10 chakra per turn, If i'm not mistaken. Please add that in. As for the Cooldown, it will need to be longer than 2 posts, as the justu can be maintained. I'm thinking 4-5 to be safe. As for the part of the description that says the jutsu can not be used past the elements rank, that is understood. You don't have to have that in there, as it is explained in the guidelines. Lastly, the Suiton portion of this jutsu needs more detail. Can the bubble be broken? Also, I'd like you to reword it as it is kinda confusing as is.

After all this is fixed, we will continue :)

NOTE: I encourage any GM/Admin that see this to look and make sure I'm correct on this stuff. It's a lot to take in and mod O.o

Alright, I went and fixed the things you said needed changing.  If i missed something, let me know.  Also, I bolded a piece of what you said because I was wondering what exactly confused you?  Was it that the Suiton didn't have detail enough or that per rank info was confusing and needs rewording?  I'll get to it right away!

Also, I wanted to mention I have now changed the Specialty's section to requiring Ninjutsu as Primary. I was thinking that people (like me) might try and make Bukijutsu/Taijutsu a Primary to try to counteract/fight off the drawback.

6Yagatsuki Clan Empty Re: Yagatsuki Clan Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:31 am

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
For the shield jutsu, Make the cooldown 5 posts please :)

for the attack jutsu, You still need to remove the part about only being able to use the jutsu to the rank of your element. That is in the rules and doesn't need to be stated.

7Yagatsuki Clan Empty Re: Yagatsuki Clan Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:38 am

It looks fine for the most part, but what if someone cuts off all of your hair? It says that it doesn't grow faster than normal hair.

8Yagatsuki Clan Empty Re: Yagatsuki Clan Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:55 am

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
I see no problems here, Approved

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.