You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Xiao

Xiao

D-rank
Spoiler:

With his hands in his pockets and a kick up of dust the shinobi whose height was 1/5th of his peers made his way down the old dustied trail. He had quite a large number of tasks to do, it may sound odd but the reality was that as a shinobi one did have to go out and figure out the ways of the world, aid the village and it's people and of course - perhaps most importantly - actually do more than sit around. Xiao Guan was a go-getter, to be one of the Seven Swordsmen would mean he would need to keep this ambition but right now that would also mean that he would need to ensure that everything he did was for the village and for proving his worth. This meant, above all, a continuous cycle of work whether large or small and so he saw an opportunity in the mission boards some hours ago.

Missions that wove into one another, for differing levels and for different agents sure but the little crow sure as hell knew what would happen when one was knocked down - another shinobi would simply scoop up where he left off and finish the next and then the next until a conveyor like system was made where each shinobi simply slipped into where the next was needed. Well Xiao Guan wasn't one to play the game of optimisation and common sense and instead opted that day to simply grab the board itself and make his merry way out into the world unknown to complete each and every part of that flowing mission all by his lonesome.

Prideful though it may seem, he had something of a sane sense about himself. He knew he was no hulking ogre, nor a mysterious genjutsu user, he wasn't even all that cunning. Instead, he was simply a hard worker looking to work hard.  As he made his way down the winding path of dirt he came to a deepened cavern that his eyes locked on to. It was an old mine, or rather one that had been abandoned. Though the amount of ore within the mine was scarce, it was known that there was in fact still a small amount that had been abandoned due to it's quantity not outweighing the risk of danger to obtain it.

It was known, or atleast it was known among the labor unions, that the mine was infested with a manner of beasts and OSHA regulations were all but thrown out the window when it came to it's maintenance especially now in it's current state. The little shinobi figured though that as a shinobi, not a simple day laborer that he could push beyond the limits of a normal human being and obtain the materials needed without as much struggle that he would then use for the later missions needed.

As he wandered towards the large entrance of the old mine he gazed about it's large exterior. Small spiders weaving webs on it's exterior, small insects that had made their home there. He had no real reason to disturb the rest of any animal there, he had a true soft spot for animals after all and something within him made him find them far more appealing than humanity. He watched as a small trail of ants made their way down the side of the entrance where a latch would have once been planted but far too long ago now. Now it was simple a rusted ornament to a purpose long forgotten. With a deep breathe of fresh air the small frail shinobi began to walk inside with his hands gently clasped behind his back.

As he began to gently stroll into the enveloping darkness he walked with an even paced ensuring each step he took would cause his foot to hit anything before his body did, so too did he hold one hand above his head ensuring no immediate or sudden strikes to his head. It was his training kicking in, to ensure he walked deliberately and smoothely as he walked deliberately in a straight line so as to remember his steps forward and thus making it easier to find his way back. As he walked gently into the abyss he felt a confidence wash over him. This was easy, or rather, it appeared easy.

"What are you doing here?" said a large booming voice that seemed almost alien in it's guttural nature. As it was boomed outward the little shinobi felt the words echo throughout the cavern before the shifting of the darkness infront of him caused his hairs to stand on end. "I'm sorry...I just need to find things on this list...Should I go?" the shinobi stated calmly as he presented his list outward unknowing if anyone could or would grab it. What if it was an enemy? What if it was some form of yokai? He couldn't know...but that was exactly why he did it. He had no way of telling and thus the best way to find out was simply to ask. A hibagon. An ogre of great legend that stood there infront of the little crow snarling, air blowing from his nostrils as he gazed down at the young boy.

There was a long pause. Much longer than needed as the air grew thick. "...You aren't afraid?" the voice sounded again, almost seeming disappointed in it's words. "I can't...be afraid of something I can't see" the little shinobi replied without thinking much of the words used, it was merely a snap reaction without truly thinking. To be honest, he wasn't really thinking at all but rather was simply attempting to assert some form of bravery as he knew that as a shinobi if he did not push beyond his shackles of fear with his own willpower then when push truly did come to shove he would simply be cast aside.

"You can see me now." the large hibagon stated with a smile to which the little crow began to examine each nook and crevice the large ape like humanoid had. It truly was fascinating to him to see such a creature "...Are you a human?" the little crow asked cocking his head to the side causing once more an uneasy silence.

The silence continued until a large shifting of weight was heard before the snapping of stone on flint and before him stood something the little shinobi never thought he would see. Great red eyes and a blackened snout, white palms and legs but blackened fur about the size of an eight foot humanoid who squatted over the small boy.

The large ape then began to cackle wildly slapping the earth as the confused little boy continued to look. He was unsure what the ape found so funny but whatever it was, the little crow enjoyed gazing at him regardless. The ape brushed his fur back as he looked to the little crow once more "You're really not scared at all...So what are you going to do now that you know I'm here? Will you tell your superiors? Fight me? Try to exterminate the rest of our kind?" the large ape stated balling his fists and leaning down into the face of the small shinobi who looked determined for a moment.

"I..." he began for a moment as the ape's brow furrowed and his piercing red eyes looked onward to the little shinobi "Will take some of your iron." he said calmly looking straight forward at the large beast who grinned a devilish grin "By force? Well! Then let us prepare!" and with that the beast thrust his hands skyward and let out an enormous roar before raising his fists into a club about to smash the little ninja who proceeded to reach back and produce...200 ryo.

"IS THIS ENOUGH!?" the little shinobi stated as the ape blinked, motionless as he gazed down at the small shinobi offering him funds. "W-what?" the ape boomed in retort to the small ninja who proceeded to firmly hold his hand outward "To buy your ore. Is 200 enough?" he said bluntly to which the ape scratched his head "What...you want to pay for the ore?" the beast bellowed to which the shinobi gave a fast nod.

The ape sat there puzzled, rubbing his great chin for a moment "You are an odd little thing." he stated "...Very well...You...confuse me. Go little human. Take your ore and go...but know if you tell a soul of my existence things will become far worse than you can imagine!"

And with that the little shinobi spent the rest of the day gathering what remaining forged bars and slithers of ore remained compiling them into a pack that he then slipped upon his back. Off to his next journey with the knowledge of the great beast of the cave...or as Xiao Guan assumed, the big hairy oaf that made terrible deals when it came to shopping

Spoiler:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.