You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
C-rank mission:

A single dot within a oasis of sand and broken glass, heat hot enough to kill someone of dehydration easily if they were so reckless as to come without a source of water, sand lightly spreading with each step one took, this was place was once known as one of the five great nations "Sungakure" was now nothing but a desert like wasteland of it's former self.

Mokuzai standing on top of a dune was glancing around and could see nothing but a endless stretch of desert sand and small urban desiccated sprawls in his immediate area , in the distance he could see a utterly massive flower like structure and he would wonder if that was once the place the leader of Sungakure once resided known as the "Kazekage" lived.

In either case the young Senju was done seeing, or rather there was not much to see anymore with the place in ruins. Although the Senju had done a training course offered by his village where he was put into a sauna where those with katon nature heated it up in the hope's that ninja sent to this sanded wasteland could better deal with the heat, it was still rather severe and Mokuzai had to forlorn his upper body attire which now showed his defined muscle's that were once nothing but now a proud six pack with his scythe attached to his back by a strap slung over his shoulder, he still wore his long black shinobi pants but changed out of his usual pair of sandal's for higher one's as the area was littered with glass and he didn't want to cut his feet by accident.

He shook his mostly snow white hair mixed with the color of auburn brown in odor to ventilate it as he felt like even his hair was beginning to sweat in this place forsaken by the devil himself. With a deep breath Mokuzai inhaled then held it in for five seconds, then exhaled which made him feel alot calmer. He then went into the back pouch attached to his waist by a belt that held the village symbol of Konohagakure at it's center and pulled out a scroll, he quickly unfastened the tie holding it and the opened it up to read it's content's, "You along with another shinobi are to travel to one of Sungakure's evacuation site's and make contact with one of the following leader's of a independent tribe, you are too convince him to turn towards the side of the four great nations or defeat him in combat and earn the trust of the people through show of strength, The decision is yours. - Hokage"

He closed back up the scroll while releasing a exaggerated sigh before putting the scroll back into his pouch, although the mission was rather simple in design he hated how it was smack dab right in the middle of a dessert and quickly wanted to leave.

The meeting time was soon to arrive, however before that happened Mokuzai wanted to make some precautions, he weaved hand signs and then water came pouring out his mouth successfully creating a water clone that looked exactly like him and Mokuzai quickly begun to speak, "You are to  position yourself close by the camp down there, once you are in position you are to use Erosive Lake jutsu and go on standby. If you hear the sound of a blue jay's cry you are to activate the jutsu without hesitation, otherwise you wait until you hear it. Got it?" The clone gave a simple nod before leaping over to where he was told to go, now all there was to do was wait for his partner to arrive.

Chakra: 185/200

Jutsu used:

Jutsu used by clone:

WC:637

Last edited by Mokuzai Senju on Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:32 am; edited 3 times in total

Honnari

Honnari

D-rank
Suna. A barren wastland, left in the lurch. As arid in population as it was like weathered bone. The parched distance littered skewers of glass, resposed in beautiful agony; having bore witness to those who were responsible for the fall of Suna. The wind howled on level with lounging dunes, tossing few dust devils in the distance. The heat could cause pain, while the destruction of the past, and those who hold herald: solace. Leaving little emphasis between those who suffer, and those who caused it.

This was dosage into the life outside of Konaha. Where life flowed in time, where something augury was as clear as the sun in the sky, or portent enough to be made visible by the  glow of the moon. How fortunate is he, blessed by god, to not have experienced these hardships. Better still, than to use his fortune to correct their misfortune. 

Despite his inappropriate attire, Honnari would prefer to keep it on. The heat was great yes, but the air here, peppered with sand, could also make one's skin wizened. Already his shrine-wear was picking up the earth tones, perhaps later on he will look quite weather-beaten.

Debriefing would have it that Honnari, and a shinobi he was en route, were to head over to Sunagakure's excavation site, and attempt to strike a deal with a group of contrarians who would rather live in these lawless ruins, or release his influence over the tribe with a fight to the death, potentially. What he had in fortitude, he lacked in raw strength. But he'd trust his partner who would undoubtedly have more experience to balance off of.

Fluttering shifts of feasting birds, the smell of baked earth! A testament to the desert's sizzling days, and bitterly cold nights! Cutting winds, and torrid heat! Who would want to make a stronghold here? When Honnari started his journey across the winding dunes of sand, the sky was clear blue glass. Now, as he stagger toward mountains growing no bigger despite a few days of walking, that blue glass is marred by flecks of swirling ash…birds waiting for their next meal. 

The dust devils swirled across the glass canyons like rattlesnakes on the hunt. Canteen water was the only taste on his lips. The only good thing about the heat and dryness was that the place had to be remarkably sterile. You don’t get too much insect or rodent life in an oven. The few plants that grew wild tended to be small, shrubby and tenacious. 

The only thing Honnari bought with him, despite his person, was his bow and ample supply of arrows should need arise. Although, he wouldn't say he was anywhere near graceful with them. 

After stretching over a quite sauntering dune, Honnari judged that he had made it to the rendezvous point. The journey itself seemed like the mission! The person, or man, was quite tall, a mix of hair as white as snow, hybridized with a red that mirrored any leaf in autumn. His topless back managed a large scythe, and his tresses were dark. Having not noticed him, he wasn't doing anything Honnari could see. Except standing there, holding the universe together. 

"Oh um, hello! I think you and I are meant to meet eachother -- here?" His hand, held outright, waited for his gingerly clasp, a certain adulation afflicted his voice.

"I am Honnari."

WC: 574/574

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
While Mokuzai stood there waiting he had decided it would be the  best thing for him to start meditating, the heat Sungakure emanated was bad enough but kicking up a fuss over his partner arriving before he was even late wouldn't help make him any less hotter. He took a deep breath in, and then a deep breath out, repeating the process over and over again until by the fourteenth time the effects of his breathing started to kick in. The world around him seemed to slow in pace, his heartbeat racing at a slower rate as well, even the heat that was felt like a blazing oven now transformed into what he could describe as a gentle warmth surrounding his whole body, in this moment everything was good, everything was peaceful.

Unfortunately it didn't last long, the sound of rustling clothing and light breathing would pierce his ears bringing him out of his meditation as he re-opened his eyes, he didn't bother to move but it didn't matter as soon the figure behind begun to speak, "Oh um, hello! I think you and I are meant to meet each other -- here?"

Ah, so this was his partner. Mokuzai turned around to meet eye to eye with him, as he was now fully turned he would glance up and down at a feminine looking figure with almost translucent hair and pink eyes. There skin was fair but looked as fragile as porcelain item wear, their built was a great deal more slender and looked alot more fresh then his as well, his ear's seemed red and it was doubt contributed to the heat and the fact they wore rather elaborated and fancy clothing would do them no good in this heat. But all that aside Mokuzai had but one question, his eye's shifting back into the figure's pink colored one's with a straight face.

"Are you a boy or a girl, I cant tell honestly." It would only be after saying that that he realized how rude he sounded, "Ah, i didn't mean to sound rude or anything but i just had to ask. Anyway Nice too meet you...Honnari was it? Im Mokuzai Senju of the hidden leaf village, indeed i am your partner in this mission"

"Although i like to chit-chat about your appearance, we have to get moving. And this might be to much to ask, but im need you to trust me on  this mission and sit behind me quietly. The reason for that being is that were going into uncharted territory and i don't know how their react, it's best if only one of us speaks for now." Mokuzai inhaled a breath before continuing, "One last thing, if you have a must-need weapon on you, i suggest you turn it into a item that would be and look essentially useless im combat, got it?"

Now that he was done Mokuzai would unstrap the scythe upon his back and perform the transformation jutsu turning it into a headband, he tied it around the base of his head wearing it like a bandanna. The Senju didn't bother to tell Honnari why he had to turn his prized weapon into a useless looking item, but it was all for the purpose so that he wouldn't enter a enemy territory with no way to defend himself as he was sure they would confiscate any weapons they could clearly see on them.

Rather or not the shinobi chose to listen to his words, Mokuzai was sure he could still protect him and said but two words now "Let's go". He would walk cautiously but at a even pace as he approached the independent's tribe camp, immediately upon sight two guards ran up on him, arrow's pointed directly at his heart and skull.He put up his hands defensively and then went on to his knee's, he would glare at Honnari as if telling him to do the same thing, once they were both on there knee's Mokuzai would speak, "I seek no trouble, i simply wish to have a audience with your tribe's leader"

The two guards looked at each other before retracting their weapons direction from his body, and two grabbed Mokuzai while one of the guards pointed his weapon at Honnari and said "You go ahead, we direct you form behind." They would lead them to a rather large tent before stopping and pushing the Senju forward towards Honnari as they now said, "Weapons, take out all your weapon's and drop them to the ground" Mokuzai immediately detached his pocket pouch and dropped it on the ground, he then pulled out his pant's pocket's to show he was unarmed as they took the pouch and then looked onward towards Honnari to do the same.

Once they were unarmed the guard would open the tent letting them inside, they would have to walk through a small entrance way before being meant with the leader. He wore a turban on his head that covered everything but his eye's and nose, green clothing with a mix of red tied down by a beige belt on his left side were six pockets, but only three looking dagger's occupied it, to his right and left side layed two weapon's that looked exactly like Po-Dao's. However on closer inspection even at a second's glance he noticed that the blade to the left was not as finely made as the other one, Mokuzai could imagine the less quality blade was meant to confuse it's targets, making them think to be be afraid of both blade's would exhaust their energy trying to dodge it,a smart plan.

Behind him, four men each armed with a spear but one who held a Po Dao in his hands, clearly the student of the leader before them, but the time's for observation was done. Mokuzai cleared his throat, "Hello, i am Mokuzai Senju of Konohagakure village. I was sent as a peace maker to make relation's with those of Sungakure descent in this most trouble of times with a deal."

The leader stayed silent for a moment before snapping his fingers, the guard immediately behind him on his left went to the side pouring three glasses of water, one for him and Honnari and one for himself, he took a sip of water before speaking while looking at the glass, "I welcome you and your friend to my camp, but let's cut the pleasantries and tell me why your really here already, im quite the busy man."

Mokuzai would take a sip as well before saying, "Of course."

Chakra: 180/200

Jutsu used:

WC:1,168

Total WC:1,805

Last edited by Mokuzai Senju on Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Honnari

Honnari

D-rank
"Are you a boy or a girl, I cant tell honestly.That instant Honnari was the perfect personification of incredulity. He squinted his eyes, as if they were clouded. The question was hardly quaint. Having amassed the same query across many years, he would indeed admit that he was a bit ambiguous looking, maybe even gender neutral perhaps? He didn't mind much, with the theme of duality also in sync with his god, he saw it as a spiritual closeness to Pulchra Noctem. A blessing.

An ethereal white robe, with an off-white shawl that seemed to hover just above his shoulders. He'd accompany the femininity with the desire to be closer to the Lunar Goddess. White the faux gold embroideries to the same vain as his helm serving as trinkets that a Solar God could appreciate.

In a fit of pique, Honnari answers,"Whichever you like, really. In the end, all that's worth mentioning is that I am a child of the Sun and Moon.

Mokuzai seemed as if he might not have been one for lengthy formalities. As not even a solid minute in, he cuts to the raw details. Suggesting Honnari disguise his bow into personal, or something other than a weapon. Surely, Mokuzai was gilded with field experience, that hailed in comparison to Honnari's. When juxtaposed to amateur cartography or weapon testing, to cooperating with willingly rouge assailants, Honnari could admit that he was under prepared and outclassed. Something like this, was just what he needed to value the cast, and to establish the pecking order.

He was content with riding his coattail into the back burner. 

Doing as suggested, followed by a humorous cloud of smoke, Honnari transforms his bow into a Goddess Statue, not unlike the one's he'd normally carry for on-the-go worship. But without even proper time to bury it in his shall, he hears "Let's go". They trace the dunes for a little while longer or sole. Although the walk was slow and much to Honnari's preferred pace, it was also brisk. Making it quite obvious that Mokuzai was catering to his lack of speed. A forethought dawned on Honnari; he did not want to be a burden, or costly to the mission. He would do his do diligence, staying in line and listening to Mokuzai, the more experienced Shinobi.

Trekking through the sand, albeit coarse, Honnari thought that it wasn't that bad. He assumed he would be much more afraid of the desert.

Not any particular desert -- he hadn't really experienced much literal desert before. But the idea of the desert, of the wilderness, conjured up images in his mind of abandonment, isolation, bare exposure to the elements, discomfort — none of which sounded particularly cozy to him. To be in the desert was to be deserted by God.

The cruel sun beat down, it's one malevolent eye unblinking, and the sky was it's co-conspirator with not even a wisp of cloud to soften the harsh rays. The lizards took shelter in the shadows of the rocks where the sand was not hot enough to roast them, but there was no shade large enough for us. Each step sunk into the searing sand, the air was thick and hazy, each breath like drowning in lava.

The huge, golden sun rose over the edge of the barren world, and its rays fell on a lonely camel train that was already on the move.

Wind stirs up the wispy sand and the sun’s never ending rays beat down on you mercilessly. Salty sweat rolls off his nose and stings his eyes. His clothing is overwhelmingly hot and sticky. The stiff, dry desert breeze blows sand into his eyes and makes his veil stiff with salt. His tongue feels as if it’s coated in fur and his lips are chapped and dry. He longed for crystal, cold water.

Sauntering over another dune, He and Mokuzai realize the refugee site. Men withering in their anarchy, while others wallowed in the sun. Knowing tomorrow would bring another hot day. Scorch marks littered the ground from campfires, and what was once pristine linen lining the tents was now replaced with the harsh stench of weather-beaten linoleum. How long did they plan on living with no direct help from those who had it? Was their own lawlessness such a better alternative? "What foolishness."

No sooner had they approached the site, had men, bows drawn, stopped and ordered them to their knees. They wore gauzy, white tunic. And dark head wrappings that obscured their identities. Mokuzai, suprisingly did not put up much of a fight, and stole a glance at Honnari. Perhaps suggesting he follow suit. He dithered for a bit, as if deciding whether or not to follow his own device. Ultimately, he dusted the ground and brought his knees gently to the ground.

"Me to bow, for it not be before the Sun and Moon?" Honnari crooned, barely trilling the air. He felt angry, as if he were being belittled, less than, beneath. 

"I seek no trouble, i simply wish to have a audience with your tribe's leader" . A Calm and collected Mokuzai said. Honnari onlooked in silent awe. Maybe this was exactly what he anticipated. With his composure not seemignly aroused, Honnari could breathe a sigh of relief, as they were taken to the larget tent on site. Mokuzai was shoved next to Honnari, as they were told to relieve themselves of any weapons they had. Besides the fake statue, and the one he kept for worship, the best Honnari could do was remove his helm. Revealing neck length hair, and lavender eyes.

And upon compliance, they were allowed entry. Where they were met with the formal leader presumably. His broad chest and great blade brooked nothing but authority. A wrapping to match the other, swathed in a collection of knives, perhaps at the cost of speed.

"Hello, i am Mokuzai Senju of Konohagakure village. I was sent as a peace maker to make relation's with those of Sungakure descent in this most trouble of times with a deal."

The hardy man snapped his fingers, signalling those surrounding him to fix three glasses if water. Honnari did not hesitate to drink it. It was like liquid Nirvana. Soft velvet for his parched pallette.

He wanted to know of their true intentions, why they had really come here. And Mokuzai was gaging all ears, and those that would listen. They were in deep now. Honnari wondered what he just might do If the leader was unmoved.

WC: 1109/1683

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Mokuzai took another sip of water and made a satisfying sound before putting down the cup of water, "The deal is simple, Konohagakure would like to official invite you and your people to become part of the four great nations. You were once part of the five great nations...and im very sorry tragedy struck your village, but just because something is lost, does not mean it can't be found again. I ask you, no... i beg you to please let my village help your people regain what they have lost. What do you have to say?"

For a second there was silence, and then laughter bellowed through the tent, Mokuzai wore a slight smirk while they laughed, the leader found his confidence unamusing and begun to speak in a serious tone, "You say we are lost? You claim that your people are all salvation's? But look at where we are! You are in my home, among my people, drinking my cold water surrounded by armed man trained to take you down. We do not need your help! The people of Sungakure have already faced the worst of our problems, we do not need a outsider's help! We are FOUND! What could you possibly offer our "Independent nation"?"

Once again Mokuzai took the glass of water sipping from it refreshing water, he reveled in it's taste and how it offered solace from the heat surrounding him before speaking after glancing back into their leader's eyes as he put back down the cup, "Indeed, your people do look like you have found your way. But for how long? As we speak their are those wishing like Kirigakure to put you and your people out for good to prevent your "Independent Nation" from ever seeing the light of day, tell me how will you deal with them? Surely your man may be skilled to put up a good fight, but for how long can your force's keep fighting? What do you think the cost of going against the four great nations of Konohagakure,Kirigakure, Iwagakure and Kumogakure will hold?"

"Let's say that you did fight them, how many man will die trying to achieve that? How many young children and wive's will be left behind, eventually even little boys will have to fight for your effort, and the girls to be wedded off in order to give birth for the next wave of fighters. Can you honestly succumb your own people to that fate? Worst case scenario all your people die, can you live with being the sole reason that choice was made? I ask you once again, Will-you-join us?" The last parts of his speech were enough to make the room go silent, the Senju locking gazes with the leader was intense as they both leaked their chakra through their intent that came off in the tent in wave's of pure energy.

WC:504

Total WC:2309

Honnari

Honnari

D-rank
The hardships that they faced, were on everyone's lips and ears. A singular terror arose in Honnari; that with one glance they'd be thrown to the wolves for their insubordination. They were like sinners in the hands of an angry god.

Just what was there to amass from being such a contrarian? Mokuzai made it abudantly clear that no team of rag-tagged marauder forces could cut-purse and out maneuver The Great Five Nations and the forces that be.

For a moment, the men seemed to consider. Where fortune was smiling, all the men began to stifle grins. Their sinister nature was confirmed when the entire room began to positively howl; fat tears rolling down their newly rosey cheeks.

Interestingly though, none of their wails carried any humour to them. Every laugh was bitter, and held nothing but jaded disappointment. 

"You say we are lost?" The captain began,"You claim that your people are all salvation's? But look at where we are! You are in my home, among my people, drinking my cold water surrounded by armed man trained to take you down. We do not need your help! The people of Sungakure have already faced the worst of our problems, we do not need a outsider's help! We are FOUND! What could you possibly offer our "Independent nation"?

Mokuzai took a sip of his water, and afterwords seemed like he was lost in a summer's dream. Let's say that you did fight them, how many man will die trying to achieve that? How many young children and wive's will be left behind, eventually even little boys will have to fight for your effort, and the girls to be wedded off in order to give birth for the next wave of fighters. Can you honestly succumb your own people to that fate? Worst case scenario all your people die, can you live with being the sole reason that choice was made? I ask you once again, Will-you-join us?"

The men, and their leader seemed to dither for a bit. The still air was only occupied by the desert breeze outside. Mokuzai had certainly made everything just a bit more critical, existential. Perhaps framing it in to much more perspective for them. Their faces took on such an indignant blight from his verbal beat down, that the job seemed done.

Then, they began to giggle, and Honnari's heart shot up to his throat. Together, the bandits all sounded like a brook flowing merrily through well-lit wood. They must have missed the joke.

It sounded like something was stuck in their throats, like they were on the verge of choking.
"Your false pretense of sympathy is obvious, Mr. Mokuzai. We are done here! As I've said, I am very busy. Men, remove them from my sight. Had you two not wandered into my territory, you may have only had to worry about the vultures. But now, nothing but your last breathe awaits!"

Honnari, upon hearing the words, turned to Mokuzai in sheer panic. Prepared to follow his lead and spring into action if need arise.

WC: 524/2207

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Mokuzai waiting once more for a reply, would again be meant with the sound of laughter then their leader's reply, "Your false pretense of sympathy is obvious, Mr. Mokuzai. We are done here! As I've said, I am very busy. Men, remove them from my sight. Had you two not wandered into my territory, you may have only had to worry about the vultures. But now, nothing but your last breathe awaits!"  The Senju took another sip of his water as spears were once more pointed in his direction ready to pierce him, his partner obviously terrified even without a glance but he was relaxed, making a refreshing sound that mimicked the sound of a blue jay cry after finishing his long sip, glancing at the glass again.

"You know your water is quite excellent, so pure and light, a marvel of perfection. It's too bad it's about to become contaminated."

"What the hel-"

"Please allow me to explain. If you would all touch the ground your find that the sand below you is quite moist, why you might ask? I have another ally who infiltrated your camp before our arrival and has just activated the start of a particular jutsu of mine i created. This just covers the whole space of this tent plus a total of seven meters around it, once this jutsu activates' the whole area will essentially break down and cause a seven meter deep hole by rising ground water back to the surface  essentially burying everyone caught in it under sand,earth and contaminated ground water."

"Earlier you said that i was trying to show you sympathy, but that wasn't sympathy i was giving, it was mercy and understanding for a group trying to recover back their nation, But since you persistently pursue the idea of a independent nation you force my hand in this manner. I can save my partner, but the real question is who will you save? Who will you let fall into the pit that's about to be created?  

Surely you can activate a jutsu of your own and save yourself, but then your be hurting your own people in the process and sewing the seed's of distrust, and those you let fall will be succumb to being soaked all the way through in the bare desert heat, first it will provide comfort and then it will boil them alive and even those who choose to stay inside might risk getting sick and eventually a illness in which they wouldn't be able to fight for your cause resulting lost of man power.
"

"The guard holding the Po-Dao like you, i assume he is your student? If you save him i imagine the other guards will feel as if you favorited him which would mean you have lost three good fighters to either sickness or the cruel heat of the Land of Wind. I said it once and ill say it again, i wish not to harm you or your people but by denying me twice you have forced my hand, but i will give but one last offer.

In exchange for your people and guards safety you fight me in a one to one battle, if you win then i will leave peacefully, and if i win you ally yourself back into the four great nations. If you choose to once again refuse my offer then i will be forced to activate the jutsu and put everyone in harms way only allowing you to save but as many people as you can carry in your arms, in which then i will kill them anyway as well as you and put your people under the banner of the four great nations at force, but dont worry as i will make sure they get the proper medication and their back up and running on their feet with a new leader at their side.
"

Mokuzai took the cup and turned it upside down pouring the fresh water onto the sand while looking directly into the leader's eyes, "So for the last time, Will-you-join-us?"

WC:689

Total WC:2,998

Honnari

Honnari

D-rank
Honnari was suprised. Mokuzai's prospect seemed to carry with it, a cruel passion. He began to see the man in a darker light. One that he had not stepped into since their encounter. Even surrounded, spears brooking their cold blades, he was as calm and level-headed as a monk in Nirvana. He did not fear the tip of his death, rather he scoffed at it. 

Such courage and galantry! Surely whetted by the perils of experience. Honnari wondered, if all Senju walked with such pride; spoke with such self assurance and bravado? 

''Please allow me to explain." Mokuzai trilled.  If you would all touch the ground your find that the sand below you is quite moist, why you might ask? I have another ally who infiltrated your camp before our arrival and has just activated the start of a particular jutsu of mine i created. This just covers the whole space of this tent plus a total of seven meters around it, once this jutsu activates' the whole area will essentially break down and cause a seven meter deep hole by rising ground water back to the surface  essentially burying everyone caught in it under sand,earth and contaminated ground water."

The men exchanged nervous glances. Whether the men would admit it or not their stomachs churned. Even Honnari's skin ran hot, cold, dry and clammy. The tent, that once had swam with the unbearable noise of the banquet - of cheer and laughter that they would never be a part of, was  hit by nausea. Dreadful, deafening silence.

If they were but lowly captives, gagged by spears from either direction, then why had they all seemingly taken his word?
That being said, Honnari stood nowhere near Mokuzai in terms of rank, nor did he yearn to. Where the mission was concerned, there was an advantage in standing out as little as possible. And frankly, he was a bit excited to see something like this in person. Bearing witness as he would the miracle of gods. 

The man in charged stared at his audience, shifting from foot to foot. Though he tried to put on a front, Honnari could tell that emotions were running high, overwhelming him. Mokuzai had proved thus far that his words could carry their weight. A swell of adrenaline coursed through him. Or perhaps courage.

"Cast aside your ire. Or it will be more than the ground beneath you that you lose!" Honnari said, warning them of his partner.

But the man remained tight-lipped, scowling at his drink, wanting nothing more than to hurl it at someone. The rowdy duo themselves, preferably. His men, the very backbone of his might, had their tails between their legs. How was he supposed to gauge the threat with this mutiny.

How much might did these two pack? Still, it was anger that renewed his energy, and he stood and began to approach them. Intent on marring the both of them, with his own to hands if that is what they preferred. His men, who had seemingly hung on to every word looked on in sheer enthrallment. Until the one holding the Po Dao bared his leader's path. Beckoning them with the staff.

"You know boys," The leader said," Pain is a harsh teacher. First comes the test, then comes the lesson. And I think you two are over do! Let your epitaphs serve as a reminder to any and all who threaten our free state! Now--it is time that the two of you--" The Po Dao wielder raised his staff.

"--discovered death!" And lunged.

WC: 600/2807

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
It was clear his statement made a impact, the  cheerful camp now reduced to nothing but whispers full of worry, the leader even seem to  affected as he shift his weight from left to right, Honnari would go to as far as to advise them against taking action. Finally coming to his own answer the leader stood to his feet and began to approach them, the one bearing the same type of weapon also standing to his feet by his leader's side ready and armed holding the Po Dao bared his leader's path. Beckoning them with the staff.

"You know boys,  pain is a harsh teacher. First comes the test, then comes the lesson. And I think you two are over do! Let your epitaphs serve as a reminder to any and all who threaten our free state! Now--it is time that the two of you--" The Po Dao wielder raised his staff.

"--discovered death!" And lunged.

"Truly unfortunate.." Mokuzai shifted his whole body weight to the left dodging the staff coming for him, he quickly grabbed it with his right hand and kept a tight grip so the leader would either have to let it go or struggle to free it from his grip, using his shifting his position he used his left foot's heal and drove it right into their leaders left leg knee cap, then his other leg to hit right below their chin, the hit causing him to release the weapon as his brain was temporary shook. With the leader's weapon now in his hand he rolled backwards, quickly flipped his Po Dao onto the bladed side and throw it at full force right at his disciple. It was quick, nothing but a sound, red liquid flowing from the disciple's clothing, Mokuzai had aimed directly in the center of his throat, even if he didn't die instantly, the gape was too large to heal in time and the disciple would choke on his own blood as he passed onto the next life. Now needing to escape the tent before things got heated, Mokuzai  flipped back while grabbing Honnari and holding him over his right shoulder,he quickly tore off  the headband he was wearing and deactivated the transformation jutsu turning it back into his scythe before leaping upwards cutting a hole through the tent with his scythe for them to exit too as he made the cry of blue jay, his clone finally activating the jutsu creating a seven meter deep hole where the tent once stood.

Now in the air, Mokuzai throw his scythe towards the ground while attaching chakra strings, the bladed part now impaled into the ground he tugged at it pulling them towards it's way letting them land safely avoiding his own technique and he would sigh with annoyance, "ahh...negotiations failed, well things will get a little rough from here so im going to leave the four guard too you, they shouldn't be any stronger than a couple of academy trained brats, Im sure you can handle it."

Upon finishing speaking the leader would pop out of the hole holding his two weapons, and surprisingly all but his disciple who was now dead and flowing their blood into the hole along with the living who were trapped were now floating above him unharmed, "Hmmm, wind nature huh. what i expect from someone born in the Land of Wind, anyway let's finish this shall we Honnari-kun?"

WC:547

Total WC:3,514

Honnari

Honnari

D-rank
The men were all around them now. But Mokuzai was already to his toes. The Staff wielder struck, Mokuzai countered. Punishing him with his own blade through the neck. 

Like a kabob. 

In one swift action, he had single handedly thrown Honnari over his shoulders and torn a wound through the tent to which they could escape. Honnari was quite distraught when he feet were met with nothing but air. That familiar smell of linoleum permeating in the desert heat, and baked under the merciless sun. In aerial mastery, did Mokuzai unsheathe his own scythe and use it as an anchor to safely detour their descent away from the giant sinkhole. 

Whilst Honnari was quite shaken up by their abrupt landing, his partner couldn't seem to muster any emotion but vexation. Much to Mokuzai's chagrin, they had failed in their pursuit of diplomacy. Now all that was left was dealing with the afterburner.

Having seemingly survived his ploy they taunted them from the sky. They looked like they were riding the sunlight. hh...negotiations failed, well things will get a little rough from here so im going to leave the four guard too you, they shouldn't be any stronger than a couple of academy trained brats, Im sure you can handle it."

Honnari felt wobbly of that. He'd never fought another shinobi, much less given no other choice than the prospect. Truth be told, he considered Mokuzai quite modest. Dubious at best. Honnari did not even look the part, that much even he considered. Despite feeling inapt, vague, and all around uncertain, the fire that shined in his eyes still burned despite the hot desert and all the odds. It burned as bright as a flame. If his lanky, figure could present ramrod straight, without hesitation, than why not Honnari?

Courageous, dauntless, and perhaps a bit daring, Honnari reveals his goddess statue, a humourous cloud of smoke masking the scene, revealing his bow and quiver. Honnari has his knuckles curled around the bowstring, which is not correct; the back of his hand should be flat and relaxed, and the bowstring placed closer to the first joint of his index, middle and ring fingers. But he is in the excitement of the moment.

He nocks his arrows, fastening them safely onto the bowstring. Once he’s reached his anchor point, Honnari is pulling his elbow just a little farther back, transferring the bow’s weight into his back muscles before he shoots. 

The floating marauders all wore indignant looks, countenances of past trangression. A promise that they would pay for making them cower in fear. The big man in charge sized up with his blades, each reflecting against the sun. His big frame cast a glooming shadow over them.

One of them twitched, and for some foreign reason, he raises his bow fast, but then delivers a knockout punch. Off it's nock, the arrows hits a guard, his intentionally unintended target. Even Honnari gasped. He did not think he had that in him.

The men watched their comrad succumb to his injury and fall into the abyss below, directing their attention back at the duo. A new rage possessing them, and what was left of their ranks came soaring in like a hawk talons drawn.

Honnari perked up again, realizing that he had just set the tone. Quickly relieving the quiver of an arrow and nocking it up again. He released it with much more finess the second time, and sent another guard into a spiral as he came crashing in. With the third having been closely behind, he soon realized that Honnari's distance, and his predictable dive were not a good mix.

Nocking another arrow, Honnari sent the steeled head straight into the shin of the marauder, he too coming in for a crash landing. 

The forth refugee couldn't believe his eyes. He didn’t want to anyway. He never saw something like that even in his worst nightmares. But that was only because his brain always woke him up before such a horrific image covered his mind. And now he was seeing something his eyes won't ever be able to erase. 

The adrenalin flew over his veins like a carp through the river, but he couldn’t move a single muscle, not even to scream. The absolute horror completely paralyzed him, and the more he thought about run away, or simply moving a bit, the more he felt discouraged and utterly terrified. 
In any event, as he sat in unsuspected fear, Honnari saw an easy target and struck him for good measure. The regretful marauder screamed in remorse all the way down the pit. And the leader plentiful in space, yet fresh out of men and options, gave his blade a twirl and swan dove directly at them. As if it were a last act of defiance.

WC: 816/3623

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
Mokuzai although he couldn't see Honnari's face after he basically told him to kill four men, saw and heard the arrows fly to the leader's guardsmen one by one as he watched them fall, he could have helped but what would be the point? He was once taught my a redheaded kunoichi back in Kirigakure that there were times a gennin needed to rise to the occasion, he was glad that Honnari rose to his and successfully pulled it off and would make it known, "See? I had faith in you, so leave the rest to me."

Now alone and without men to back him up, the leader had lost his everlasting composure and quickly took both blade's out holding them before And the leader plentiful in space, yet fresh out of men and options, swirled both blade's in his hands and launched at Mokuzai and Honnari in a swan dive formation, a reckless move.

The Senju curled his upper body towards Honnari way avoiding the blade's and ending up underneath, Mokuzai then tucked in his left leg and swung it straight up into a kick while twisting for a strong kick right into the leader's stomach that caused him to fly one meter up into the air, grabbing his scythe with both hands  he leaped directly up into the air ready to slash the leader wide open. Although he had coughed and chocked up from the sudden powerful kick, their leader had quickly recovered and held quickly put both of his  palms together before releasing a powerful breath of fuuton nature from his mouth, the jutsu left various 1/2 inch cuts around Mokuzai's body that lightly tore at his jeans while pushing him back towards the ground while the leader shifted his own body weight and landed safely on the ground after performing a  mid-air back flip and begun to chuckle while lightly patting his stomach.

"For all that talk your not even strong, looks like your die here after all." Mokuzai smirked as he spoke ignoring the cuts he had just been given, "I wonder if that's true, let's continue and find out."

For a second the two shinobi gazed at each other, without a sound and without a single movement, as if testing each other's mettle for combat,in the air a vulture's cry would be the beginning bell. Mokuzai spun his scythe with his right hand that was still attached by chakra strings, after three sets of spins he then throw it like a shuriken,  the leader quickly ducked to doge it's blade, in response Mokuzai leaped straight towards it while grabbing his weapon and did a roll mid air that caused the bladed scythe to slash the leader across his back before he landed, the leader quickly managed to throw a higher quality specially made kunai(C-rank) and it lodged itself within the Senju's upper left thigh before he pulled it out, the damage he done to the leader was much worse but in terms of physical ability they were evenly matched.

WC:533

Total WC:4,047

Honnari

Honnari

D-rank
Honnari quickly went from not being able to believe his misfortune, to not being able to believe his luck. Time had seemed to accelerate as he'd shot all the men out of the air. He still couldn't believe his own aptness and finnesse. 

"See? I had faith in you, so leave the rest to me." Mokuzai said. That made Honnari fluster. Not with the same adulation from earlier, but for the praise and admiration. It wasn't often someone thought highly of something he did. If only his father could see him now, causing maim whilst taking names! Homage and something he would be proud of, rather then the albino son that hosted his empty reflection. Even within a short amount of time, he'd grown.

Perhaps cocky, Honnari drew his bow at the last remaining target. But before he could nock his bow, the Marauder came in swan style, bearing both blades. Brooking no time for aim. Mokuzai defended Honnari, for he surely would have taken that attack head on. He blitzed the man, like a turnpike. A flurry of kicks, enough to make the man airborne. Mokuzai pursued him in the air. His scythe looked like it wanted to end it, but the marauder was not finished.

With praying hands, and a deep breath, the bandit released a severing gale. "How about this! I'll blow you away!" Honnari shielded himself from the kicked up sand and harmless breeze. When the dust finally settled, the two were back on the ground. Honnari patted the dust off of himself, and watched as they both studied one another's disposition. Much like cats with raised rears, the men almost circled the arena until a bird in the distance rang the gong.  Mokuzai spun his scythe, letting the built up momentum rip it from his hand. The marauder ducked, but was only rewarded with a gash from the blades unexpected  rekindle with it's owner.

Mokuzai landed behind him, and Honnari was not quite sure how he made that work. They both seemed to be moving in short burst. Honnari could also see that his partner had been struck with a dagger through his leg. He actually winced for him. But Mokuzai pulled it out like it was only a splinter. 

From where he was standing, both fighters seemed like men of mettle. Motor mouths with the ability to back it up. Each one's grit was true, and both suffering what would appear to be crippling injuries in silence was a true testament to their caliber. Honnari new a stalemate was out of the question. If they were both equally matched, something had to be done to tip the scales for good. Fortunately, it was two on one, and Honnari still had many arrows. Though he wasn't sure his aim was accurate enough to hit a strafing target. he'd find a way to hit him when he was still.

As he slowly drew his bow and wrestled his quiver, he'd hope that he went unnoticed. Both seemed like they wanted nothing but to tear at each-other's throats, which could work in his favor. He just needed to ensure that he would stay put. 

He aimed at the man. He could do this, couldn't he?

"Mokuzai-san!" Honnari said, drawing the rise--, "Stay still!" --and letting it fly.

WC: 565/4188

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
"Mokuzai-san! Stay still!" was all the Senju heard, doing as his partner ask he stayed perfectly still watching a arrow fly towards the tribe leader, although he had been injured and shaking with one flick of his blade and a side step he cut the tip of the arrowhead off and glared with deep hatred at Honnari, "You little brat, thanks to your partner ill personally teach you the meaning of a watery grave!" Mokuzai fearing the worst unconsciously jumped in front of his partner right as the tribe leader released hand signs causing a large water shark to propel through the air towards their location, The senju bended down onto his knees slamming his hands against the ground that caused a wall of earth to rise that intercepted the attack.

As the shark like jutsu collided against the earth wall it begun to crumble away until only a portion of it that just covered Mokuzai was left, however all he cared about was that Honnari was safe and looked back and asked, "Are you alright" The tribe leader saw another chance and he was quick to act, leaping like a tiger chasing his pray he did a burst at full speed straight towards the Senju and swung down his best crafted blade in a powerful swing  down on him, Mokuzai who had just dropped his weapon to perform his jutsu was unarmed and put up both arms upwards in defense that caused the blade to slice 2 1/4 inch's into his skin as well as pushing im down into the sand with the force of his attack.

"Hmph! You should forgot about your ally if he is slowing you down, worrying about a brat that can't even protect himself on a battlefield will make you weak and eventually your die because of it!" Mokuzai became silent before speaking with a confused tone in his voice, "...What did you just say..? protecting someone makes you weaker...?" It was after saying that that Mokuzai put even more strength into his legs that caused the wound he had received earlier to squirt out some blood from the muscle strain, before he was able to rise up while throwing off the man that jumped back six meters away, The Senju picked up his scythe in silence before looking at the tribe leader with  blood thirsty eye's more intense then he had already.

"Protecting someone makes you weaker...is that really what you think..? I'll tell you one thing  you got right thought, i am weak. So weak, i can't even stand my own weakness. However..It's because i have something to protect... IS WHY IM WILLING TO USE 100% OF MY STRENGTH, IF YOU THINK CHERISHING SOMETHING ENOUGH TO PUT YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE IS A WEAKNESS THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO LEAD YOUR OWN PEOPLE!!" Mokuzai clearly struck a nerve as the tribe leader had a vain that was quite distinguishable on his face as he roared back, "SHUT THE HELL UP WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LEADERSHIP!!"

With all their might both shinobi bursted at their full speed colliding weapons together that made a loud ring through the area, the people who had been caught up in his jutsu now climbing to the top while coughing up liquid mixed with mud and dirt in a foul manner, however they did not concern themselves with their own situation but looked onward towards their leader in silence as they all begun to watch and pray in silence of the battle.

Mokuzai and the tribe leader got closer as there weapons struggled against each other before they both moved back half a meter, The tribe leader swung his less finely crafted blade downwards at the Senju not knowing he had already figured out it was a ploy for his real one, he reacted by thrusting the back of his scythe right into it's bladed center with all his strength causing the weapon to crack, The tribe leader backed away slightly throwing the weapon like a dagger and Mokuzai flipped his scythe around deflecting towards the air.

The tribe leader thrusting with his remaining blade while Mokuzai went on the defense and used the bladed part to block his attack, the leader now easily jumping mid-air to catch his own blade before swinging down with a powerful thrust that destroyed it in the process as it fell apart, in response the Senju used the back leg to jump into a half flip into the air and maneuvered his scythe to aim for the bandits back again, the tribe leader had already anticipated his move and used his free blade thrusting his tip into the tip of Mokuzai's scythe causing them to collide and let out the sound of metal clinking against each other while he landed back onto his feet.

As he landed Mokuzai flipped his scythe back around to the other end and at the same time the tribe leader did just the same causing the end's of their weapons to collide and they stood at a standstill while shaking from trying to push each other back, blood and sweat dripping from their wounds in pain and growing exhaustion.

Chakra: 165/200

Jutsu Used:

WC:902

Total WC:4,932

Honnari

Honnari

D-rank
So much for an ambush. 

The lead marauder caught the arrowhead like an insect and snapped it in two. How mortifying indeed. He was down, but by no means was he out! Honnari felt helpless; he bit at the corner of hip until he felt it snag, tasting a rust. The abyss below, just past the rowdy duo, was filled with inky darkness that just minutes ago, was vibrant with the hum and excitement of their captured selves. 

Honnari could feel his eyes burn into him. A little tightening in the chest because of the uncertainty and anxiety of thinking and feeling like he was about lunge at him with zero restraint. "You little brat, thanks to your partner ill personally teach you the meaning of a watery grave!"  He knows it's there. Eminent death. Honnari can feel the electric awareness seeping into his body, as if preparing himself to run. He could count each hair that stands at the back of his neck. His heart's beat is more than just a thud, it is more than pounding, more than racing.

The space between them seems like meters away. Danger. Honnari seemed stonewashed, solidified--petrified. The high of adrenaline was followed by a numbness. He quietly panicked while searching for a diversion, a way to escape this situation. He tried to take a few calming breaths, but the ball of fear was now in his throat threatening to escape his lips and scream into the blackness.

A burst of speed, an act selflessness; Mokuzai suddenly shields Honnari with a spontaneous wall of earth. A crash of water is muted from the otherside. He'd saved him again.

"Are you alright". Honnari felt all the blood and warmth in his body flee all at once, as his  breath hitched as if he had forgotten how to breathe. His forehead was wrinkled with worry as it became slick with sweat. He didn't know how to respond to Mokuzai, now a battered and bloody mess.

He could smell his blood. A slight amount is redolent; evocative and iron, while a spill is acidic, festering and raw. Having not even met twenty-four hours ago, and here this man was, putting his life on the line for someone like him. He was so unlike anyone Honnari had ever met before. A gallant, derring-do that was willing to put himself, his body, on the line.

In a religious sense, sacrifice was a high-caliber appeal to any god. But therein, the most personal immolation is the offering of one's self. Self-sacrifice. It could perhaps be the most ultimate form of adulation but intrinsically, sentiment. 

"Hmph! You should forget about your ally if he is slowing you down, worrying about a brat that can't even protect himself on a battlefield will make you weak and eventually you'll die because of it!"

Mokuzai was practically gnawing on his tongue, "Protecting someone makes you weaker...is that really what you think..? I'll tell you one thing  you got right thought, I am weak. So weak, I can't even stand my own weakness. However... It's because I have something to protect... IS WHY I'M WILLING TO USE ONE-HUNDRED PERCENT OF MY STRENGTH. IF YOU THINK CHERISHING SOMETHING ENOUGH TO PUT YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE IS A WEAKNESS THEN YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO LEAD YOUR OWN PEOPLE!!"

That couldn't have translated more terrible to the Marauder, "SHUT THE HELL UP! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT LEADERSHIP!?"

A breathe, and metal sparked. The two were like magnets. Those who had been banished to the sinkhole, now rose en masse.  Like they had risen from the dead. All of them were worn from having scaled the hole, and now were nothing but nearly dead, demoralized men.

Mokuzai and the tribe leader both gave themselves some breathing room. Then the leader swung his less refined blade. Mokuzai's scythe hit it's center precisely, cracking it. The leader discarded it like a bullet, but Mokuzai was quick to deflect. All of the men and their temperament had sullen, each one holding their breathe in presumed prayer for their leader. 

Their blades clashed once again. Each one silently writhing from their wounds. Their eyes bore into one another, pupils hosting their empty reflections.

Honnari needed to do, to act. Time was of the essence. His aid could not be delayed any longer. Without jutsu to his name, maybe none worth trying at this rate. With everything he was short of, he was not short his will fight. To protect Mokuzai to the same vain that he protected him.

The two of them were deadlocked. One cocky maneuver, one slight relief of either of their defenses, and it could spell doom. If Honnari were to launch his own attack now, he'd have a chance. The man could not move. He would not lower his guard to defend, not with Mokuzai's scythe brooking no distance between the two. He nocked an arrow. Ready to seize the opportunity.

"Valiant-- Mr. Mokuzai." The marauder smiled through his pain, "But as my men rise, and you find yourselves out numbered, I think we know who the clear winner is here!"

Honnari legs sprinted, rushing him to Mokuzai's side. Desperate not to be too late. His legs moved in strides, suddenly giving him the power to kick two meters or so into the air. He felt brave, powerful, capable.

His shadow cast over Mokuzai and his deadlocked counterpart, he drew the rise. The Marauder and Honnari briefly met eyes, and he considered his actions for a moment. 

Unfortunately,-- it was either him or them. He let it go.

The arrow flew from the bow. And the tribe leader shut his eyes as it pierced his clavicle, at least a full inch and a half. What followed was the stalemate's end, and inertia punished him with a swift lash from Mokuzai's scythe.

He coddled his side, stumbling a few yards away; his knees folded like a fawn's. With a wound like that, Honnari knew that his fate was sealed.

Landing on his knee, back to Mokuzai, Honnari stands by his aid offering his silence as condolence, a herald to his valor. He wasn't sure if the man would attack again, or pass with dignity. 

Taking a page from Mokuzai's book, Honnari ask him, "Are you--alright?"

WC: 1079/5267

Mikumi Senju

Mikumi Senju

A-rank
"Valiant-- Mr. Mokuzai." The marauder smiled through his pain, "But as my men rise, and you find yourselves out numbered, I think we know who the clear winner is here!"

Mokuzai face was full of anger as he whispered to the tribe leader, "You...do you not even care that your people are now sick and need medical aid?!" The tribe leader whispered back softly, "We are at war! With war comes the sacrifice's of few for the greater good of Sungakure revival! We will rise again!"

Suddenly a giant shadow casted over them both, the tribe's leaders eye's somewhere slightly above Mokuzai, and then a quick flash of sound pierced his ear's before a arrow pierced into the tribe's leader clavicle, the force of the shot impaling into him one inch and a half deep. The tribe leader had closed his eye's and lost his guard allowing the Senju's scythe to whip lash him sending him a few feet back, the leader held the area where the arrow had pierced him as his knee's buckled before falling to his knee's.

He coddled his side, stumbling a few yards away; his knees folded like a fawn's. With a wound like that, Honnari knew that his fate was sealed.

Honnari would land on his knee's, he took his place by the Senju in silence before asking the same question he had done so to him, "Are you--alright?" Mokuzai ripped a portion of his pants from the bottom and tied it around his bleeding arm to stop the blood leakage, "Yeah ill be fine for now, thanks for the backup." Mokuzai glanced over to the tribe leader who was shaking but he could feel a strong chakra emanating from him, "Unfortunately he isn't done yet.."

Through wheezing breath's the tribe leader would begun to rise to his feet,  looking downwards with his arms in a relaxed position and his legs recovering from being buckled slowly, "...What the hell do you know...my village...my home...it was striving and in the course of one night it was all taken away by a few powerful ninja! Women! Children! Fathers!" The tribe leader spit up some amount of blood as he inhaled while making a large wheezily breath sound, "NEARLY MORE THAN HALF THE VILLAGE'S POPULATION WAS KILLED THAT NIGHT, WAR IS SACRIFICE OF THE MANY FOR THE BRIGHTER FUTURE! HOW DARE YOU STAND IN JUDGEMENT OF ME FOR MAKING THAT CHOICE!!"

The tribe leader weaved quick hand seals and then pointed his hands slightly above them, his rage all but consuming him. Mokuzai would look up to see one thousand long needle's hovering over them, "Die!" The senju quickly clapped his hands together, wood started to rise from both the left and right side's quickly closing at a speed of 30 m/s to protect them both as Honnari was right next to him, the needle's tips slightly piercing through the shell but not enough to go any further.

Mokuzai  opened the top directly above in which he jumped out of and landed on the ground before running towards the tribe leader with a gaze full of sorrow yet anger for him,  the tribe leader seemed to notice this and his anger only deepened as he made more hand seals and then from his mouth did a circular motion that shot out a blade of wind that was close to him but started increasing in range, The senju did a forward leap into the air and sheathed his weapon to the strap of his back.

Mokuzai then weaved hand-signs once more causing two clumps of wood to grow from him that transformed into clone's that appeared on his left and right side, He took the clone on the left right arm and turned before throwing him towards the tribe leader mid-air, the clone rushing through the air curled in his body and as he made it to the tribe leader unleashed a devastating kick upwards that sent him flying upwards through the air towards the sinkhole.

The leader's body went limp as all could be heard and saw was him choking up blood as he may have bit his own tongue, the second clone was thrown at him in the same way that made a direct tackle mid-air that throw them both into the sinkhole full of earth and water. Mokuzai himself would now land on the ground and run towards the sinkhole to find his clone halfway submerged into the  water while the tribe leader was floating on top and he yelled out to his clone while throwing his weapon, "Finish him."

The clone caught the weapon and immediately impaled the tribe leader right in his gut that caused him to let out a loud wail of pain as he choked up more blood, he then pressed a button located in the middle of the scythe that caused a slight sounds before the tribe leader was surrounded in blue lightning as his screams became more primal, his body taking on 3rd degree electricity burns that was only escalated to fourth degree as his body was now soaked by the murky earth water under him.

Mokuzai's clone disappeared as he too was hit but he had served his purpose, The Senju used chakra strings to attach it to his scythe and tugged at it hard causing it to fly back into his hands. Despite succeeding, all he did was look onward towards the tribe leader whose body was burned beyond recognition by the electricity before a tear dropped from his eye's as he fell to one knee in physical exhaustion and using half of his chakra with sadness mixed in, "If that's how you really felt...then all the  more reason to hold on to what you can even harder, it's truly unfortunate..!"

The senju wiped his tears and turned back to Honnari, "Come on, let's go back to our camp, i have to make a report and tend to my injuries." Without another word he begun to walk towards the location of their own camp, leaving the body there while the tribe's leaders people begun to surround the sinkhole shedding tears of regret and lost.

Chakra: 105/200

Jutsu used:

WC:1,078

Total WC:6,007

C-rank Event mission: 300 Ryo + 2 EP 2,500/2,500 (3,507 Words Left)

Water Style: Liquid Solidification(E-rank Jutsu) 450/450 (3,057 Words Left)

Wood Style: Wood Corpse(C-rank Jutsu) 900/900 (2,157 Words Left)

Extra Ryo per word count 25 * 20(2,000) = 500 Ryo

Due to the extra 2.5K i get another EP point for a total of 3 for this mission.

(157 Words Wasted)

Honnari

Honnari

D-rank
The marauder was not broken, but his spirit rather. All better still, than to leave any in his wake to that fate. 

"...What the hell do you know...my village...my home...it was striving and in the course of one night it was all taken away by a few powerful ninja! Women! Children! Fathers!Honnari knew better now - it doesn’t really work like that - but there’s still a grain of truth in what the man had said. If people were honest about it, he might still not be treated with any other cause of action, but he would be seen differently . 

But seeing this all unravel when he was technically a bystander the whole time - Honnari would never really believe he could truly help the mass majority of these people. He wouldn’t wear the badge anymore when all he saw in the mirror was his empty reflection. And this, tenacious fire and will, like the ragweeds that grew here, was hard to extinguish.

Even now, he refused to cut his losses. Instead he doubled down, he hailed needles from oblivion. Determined to slash his way to justice. The idea that he the two of them were supposed to meet his level of outrage, with a certain level of justification, was honestly illogical. 

But if what he said surely held true, then it would be mere reciprocity to those atrocities. It would be in the cry of birds, the cries of women and children. Wondering when their fathers would return. It is more than just the miserable days, the dismal nights, and tattered clothes.  It deteriorated into something much more doggerel. What lies beneath had to be the fires that reaked havoc, whilst watching them burn in glittering assembly. A throng to their own demise.

The tired man sat there, dominated by a profound anger, fatigue engraved on his worn face. He weaved his trembling hands against the empty sky.

The sorrow in his eyes would hanut Honnari . Every day, he must grow more profound in his quiet, lonely wasteland, the solemn desert reviving the memory of the losses he'd encountered in a previous life. 

"It's somewhat morbid." he would say to himself as he stared into eyes of this grieving soul. Lost in its reflection. No longer could he see that inquisitiveness, that desire, that fire in his eyes. All that remained was the deceiving hollow soul that reflected in the tear-stained glass, the marks leaving no room to see his true self anymore. He was just a shell of a man. And someone was cruel enough to do this to him.

To them.

Honnari knew that look too well. His own sadness seemed like a hollowness. He couldn't tell you what's worse. Sometimes his hollowness is a shell. His robe, his helm that shielded his eyes from stares begot of sympathy.

As if he needed it.

Holding in a thousand oceans of tears.  Sometimes though, it holds a thousand pieces of glass that are wedged in between his soul and body. That's the pain. Or when his dad died and he didn't cry. He just stood there. Or when everybody laughed and he couldn't bring himself to do it. That's the scariest thing. Sometimes he is somebody, somebody in pain and sadness. But sometimes he is nobody, and he doesn't seem to feel. He doesn't seem to exist at all...

Honnari was ripped back into the heat of battle. In the air he saw the man, a second, and he was tackled into the pit. Primal screams tore at him, along with an electrical cadence. Truly leaving little effaces between the men and anything that walked on all fours, or burrowed in the sand.

Honnari could see Mokuzai, chest heaving, diaphragm filling. Utterly jaded. So-- why was he crying? Had it been his final words, sad as they were. The urge to cry surely flooded everyone's heart. Chaotic, powerful, hot-spilling tears that would evaporate once they hit the ground. Once he lured in his scythe, Mokuzai fixed his face, look languishing to the now--tomb of the lead marauder. "If that's how you really felt...then all the  more reason to hold on to what you can, even harder; it's truly unfortunate..!

Diplomacy had failed, miserably. Mokuzai took this intermission to signal that they return. The threat had been averted, but at a price. The re ignition of this place's blight. Aid of the circumstances, while being a herald of the very thing they were trying to combat. 

"Sleep well, Sand warrior." Honnari crooned, trailing behind Mokuzai.

On their way back, Honnari scribbled an ode to the Shinobi:

Man wed with strife, sand in boil

Thine come to release thee

From thy mortal coil

Moon forbids: "Blood lead thy not"

Hands weed the ground

Thoust made them rot?

Ye Gentle Spirits of the Air, appear;

Prepare, and join thine tender Voices here.

Cath, and repeat the trembling Sounds anew,

Soft as thine Luna and sweet as pearly dew,

Run new Division, and such as Sol to keep,

As when thine lulls the God of the Moon asleep.

In this sadness there is no past or future, just living by the moment. Every day is measured from the moment of waking into this new reality until one's body can do no more, until sleep comes to rest their weary minds. Each day they greet the sun like a climber greets their rope, fingers holding on fast despite the pain. It is grief, no different from bereavement, coming in fiery waves.

Who was responsible for this. Who would face accountabiltiy?

[Thread Exit]
WC:950/6217

WC distribution:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.