You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Izumi

Izumi

A-rank
Trial 2:

Much like her first trial, Izumi’s second trial was to be the first of the second wave. She had had time to heal finally. Her left shoulder no longer hurt. In fact, her left shoulder didn’t even have a mark any longer. The injuries had long since healed, all traces of the kunai that pierced her were completely gone. Izumi thinks it was a good thing she’d been hit, it helped to keep her grounded on the tasks at hand. Izumi was dressed in much the same outfit, save for a fresh shirt that wasn’t bloodstained and torn. Her leather tights hugged her feminine form, and allowed her to move quite freely. Her red hair was tied up out of her face in order to keep it clear. Once again, she could hear the roars of the crowd, excited for what was to come. Also the same as her last visit to this arena, was the robed man standing before the gate ready to instruct her and the partner she was assigned from the Mist Village, Hanza Kouri. She didn’t know much about the Mist Village, so the name Kouri meant nothing to her, she’d have to adapt to his styles on the fly, however from asking around she had a vague idea that he could manipulate ice in some way, he had shown that during his first trial when he made a barrier of water then froze it to burst some electrified wires. She could see him waiting at the end of the gate already, waiting for her to join him for their joint trial. The young man couldn’t be any more than a year or two older than Izumi, however he was a bit taller, of a height with the man she knew as the Jackal however he seemed a bit less scrawny. Granted, Izumi knew the reason for his scrawniness being his close attunement to the desert dog, the coyote. Another passing resemblance to the Jackal was his white hair, the young man who went by Hanza Kouri was by no means unattractive. However, his handsomeness passed unnoticed to the young Karisuma, her preferences were much different. This would make things easier for her to make a smooth introduction, ”Hanza Kouri? I am Izumi Karisuma, I was assigned as your partner for this Trial.” Izumi would extend her left hand out for a handshake, the Kiri headband on her left bicep clearly displayed.

After their introduction was out of the way, the proctor would put his hand up, signaling it was time for him to explain their task to them. ”Today, you will be showing the judges how you’d infiltrate and assassinate a VIP. There will be six men guarding your target. You must either eliminate or avoid the guards without being detected. If for some reason you are detected, the guards will attempt to light a  beacon on the roof, simultaneously evacuating the target. Should the guards succeed, you fail. In order to complete your task you must take this painted kunai and mark the target. If one of you succeeds in the assassination you both are considered to have passed the trial.” In another spell of déjà vu, Izumi could hear the crowd roaring louder and louder, signaling that at any moment, the gate before the two genin would open. Unlike last time Izumi wasn’t nervous, she was feeling cool, calm, and collected. She looked over to the young man that was her partner and winked at him, ”Don’t worry Hanza, this will be easy.” As the gate swung open and revealed their arena Izumi would burst out the gate and climb a nearby building looking for as many details as she could take in. Two streets down to the left of the gate they entered, was a quite conspicuous three story building, with two men on the roof and two at the door. Izumi assumed the other two were with their target. Izumi, hopped down and returned to Hanza, having a basic strategy in mind. ”Hanza, you can conjure water right? I need you to take out the guards on the roof and douse the beacon, that way if something goes wrong they’ll have hard time lighting it. I’ll go around behind the building and see if there’s another entrance. If there isn’t, I’ll enter from the front and deal with those guards. Once inside, we’ll clear the building you coming from the top and me from the bottom.” Izumi would waste no time waiting to see if Hanza had questions, sure he would stop her if something was amiss. Off went the young Karisuma, straight down the street ahead of her so that she could approach the building from the rear.

805 Words

Hanza

Hanza

D-rank
In his standard shinobi attire, black pants, and a slate gray lower-quality flak jacket that was often given to genin who were less likely to be involved in direct combat with other shinobi. Upon his head he wore his headband, bearing the Hidden Mist symbol with pride. The white haired Kōri clansman stood before the Kumogakure Proctor for the second of his three trials in the Chunin Exams. It was interesting, this trial, an assassination task from what he was aware, would be a cooperative effort. A red headed woman by the name of Izumi Karisuma. Hanza had only heard whispers about her. She had apparently done rather well in her first trial, though Hanza was not so fortunate as to have been made aware of her chakra natures or any details of that sort. Those were details reserved for the chatty sort. Hanza was too quiet to have procured details on his competition at this point. As the cold-skinned man stood, he wondered when his partner would arrive. Likely a result of his own bad habit of showing up early for everything. Izumi would show up very soon after, relieving Hanza’s anxiety a bit as he knew the trial would commence soon.

His mind wandered to his own first trial. The use of an opponent’s velocity to essentially score a free victory. Had anyone viewed that spectacle through soured lenses? Hanza had rarely found reasons to be proud, but his ability to react so quickly to the situation and use an opponent’s own technique to conquer the race was something that took quite a bit of thought. Hopefully that was the sort of thing the villages were looking for in the next generation of chunin. It was certain that someone had taken notice of the surprise underdog taking first place.

The woman addressed Hanza by first and last, which surprised him only momentarily, reminding him that he was far from home. “Its a pleasure to meet you, Izumi Karisuma. Whispers tell me you’re someone to look out for. They told me not much more than that, however.” he smiled politely and reached out for her hand, giving it a rather gentle shake. The announcer began and Hanza tuned in fully to listen. These words would be important.

Today, you will be showing the judges how you’d infiltrate and assassinate a VIP. There will be six men guarding your target. You must either eliminate or avoid the guards without being detected. If for some reason you are detected, the guards will attempt to light a  beacon on the roof, simultaneously evacuating the target. Should the guards succeed, you fail. In order to complete your task you must take this painted kunai and mark the target. If one of you succeeds in the assassination you both are considered to have passed the trial.

Such information made things easier to follow. Before them lay two kunai, both painted blue. Dozens of outfits lay before them, and Hanza decided to grab an outfit matching the Kumogakure proctors he had seen all around. It could become useful going forward.

As the gates opened, Hanza was reassured about the state of things as Izumi took the liberty of giving a gentle pep-talk just prior. She found her way to the top of a building with haste, which Hanza made the decision to follow. As he gazed forward toward a large, three story building, Hanza could already make out guards on the roof, standing in either side of a wooden mechanism he would assume was the banner to be raised if the guards became aware of the intruders before the VIP was marked. Izumi drew up a quick plan for disabling that system and passed it to Hanza before darting ahead of him.

I’ll do what I can to get rid of them quickly. Don’t forget, the art of deception may be an extremely powerful tool here. Reconvene on the rooftop once you’ve sorted out the bottom floor. Keep your head up and I’ll look over the ledge and give you a signal that I’ve been successful in no more than five minutes. If I feel I’m going to fail, or am to be overpowered, I’ll whistle loudly. In that case I’d recommend that you rush, since I’ll be attacking just next to the signal.

Hanza rushed forward with his kunai in hand, scaling the side of the building quietly, conserving his chakra by not using the supernatural walking practice. As he reached the top of the building, he peered over the ledge gently to get a good read on the two guards he perfectly memorized their facial features and uniforms before dipping back down out of view and clanging his kunai gently against the bricks just in front of him as he stood carefully perched in a window sill of the top floor.

The guard on the right nudged for the one on the left to investigate the sound. When he did, Hanza tensed up as he waited for the man to approach. When he was certain the proctor was just above him, he sprung forward and up locking his arm tightly around the man’s head and mouth to silence him, then, using his leg strength and advanced positioning, he essentially choked the man out by hanging him. It would’ve been an awkward thing to watch - a man with his legs wrapped tightly around another man’s head and neck, using leg grip to constrict airflow while silencing the person simultaneously. Once the knockout was assured, Hanza activated his Transformation technique to assume a very accurate replica of the unconscious proctor. He quickly made his way up to the roof in this disguise and approached the other guard.

When are these genin supposed to arrive? This assignment seems to be a little much for only two D-Rank shinobi, don’t you think?” Hanza had hoped the other guard would have more to say. No good info came out though, just grunts and admissions of being bored. Hanza beckoned him to the side of the building he had just checked, indicating something had been amiss.

When the proctor arrived to look with him, Hanza grabbed him and shoved him hard off of the building, watching him hit the ground the ensure he was unconscious. At that point he poked his head over the ledge to look down upon Izumi and gave her a thumbs up.

WC: 1090

Izumi

Izumi

A-rank
The young man was evidently pleased to meet her, he also informed her that she wasn't as invisible as she had thought. It would appear that whispers had gotten around about the young woman and to her surprise, she was evidently a tournament favourite. Izumi smiled at this, her ego getting a much unneeded boost. Izumi was surprised to find out that the young man had no idea about her abilities but knew that she was a formidable competitor in these games. Izumi was a very competitive person so she would never spoil an advantage she had, and the young man would find out of her abilities soon enough, or at least what she chose to show.  She was also pleased to hear that the young man had the prescience to consider discreet signals, Izumi would nod and agree to use the same signals that he had chosen for himself. She wanted to keep things simple and figured it would in her best interested to do so given their inexperience with working as a unit.  Izumi after all, wasn't a true Hidden Mist member yet, simply a sponsored representative. Izumi noticed that Hanza had chosen one of the outfits offered by the proctor. Izumi had made a bold choice to simply use her normal dress for this mission. She was sure her ability to strategize was enough and wanted to show that off to those judging her ability. Her infiltration plan was perfect, or at least she thought it was.

As Izumi ran, her body would crackle with electricity, she ran from building to building thinking of the best way to infiltrate, she could see Hanza opposite her, however he was falling behind. Izumi was evidently in much better shape. Perhaps this was what he meant, was she really that far ahead of her peers?  The young woman smiled, Maybe I have a better chance than I thought. I'm lucky I had a good mentor, it seems not everyone is as prepared as me. The young woman neared the road that would run parallel to the back of the building. The young woman paused at the building sitting on the street corner in question. She assessed the situation at the back of the building and noticed to her surprise that there was another guard posted there at a back door. Izumi was pleased for her foresight in scouting. Had she rushed headlong into battle like she's sure her mentor would have done, surely the VIP would have escaped out of the unknown backdoor. Izumi had counted on the VIP being guarded by two people not just one. Thinking about it, it made sense to have more guards outside than inside. The one inside is the one they had most to worry about because in all likelihood he would know they were coming. Izumi had something of a trump card against the chuunin that would be guarding the VIP. The power of her clan, the stunning eye. Izumi didn't want to reveal that power to any of the other competitors but she was sure she could get away with using it unnoticed on a single guard at the back of a building.  

Izumi climbed down from the building she was mounted on currently and stealthily made her way down the parallel street until she was in position a mere 10m away from the man. Above the man Izumi could see Hanza had a man in a rear triangle choke, the man struggling for air. Izumi would step out from her place in hiding, her eyes sparkling with the power of her blood. The guard was lost in her gaze for a moment, just long enough for Izumi to farm a half ram seal and point at the man with her free hand. Thanks to the intoxicating effect of her eyes, the man had no time to react and was slammed into the wall as the bolt impacted his chest thanks to his armor the man wasn't completely out of the fight however it was unlikely he escaped without some cracked ribs. Izumi hadn't wasted time while the bolt was in the air, she was already nearly upon the man. Izumi had another advantage over her peers from the great villages, Izumi had matured fast thanks to the destruction of her home. She had already come to terms with the possibilities of death and its consequences. She was desensitized. Izumi wasn't moving to simply incapacitate the man, she was going for a decisive blow the painted dagger she held still had a point and it was being driven towards the man's throat. The man opened his eyes widely and moved to avoid her but it was too late, Izumi's eyes had slowed the man enough that she had the advantage. The young woman paused the dagger's tip at his throat and made a thin line across his throat with the dagger painting it blue with just a hint of red Izumi had wanted her point to be made clear. "We'll consider you dead, agreed?" The woman's tone left no room for interpretation, he was either going to play dead or be dead. The man quickly stammered out an affirmation to her request agreeing to yield and letting out a sigh of relief. The man's eyes were wide as saucers, he most likely hadn't expected a genin to be faster than him. There was also the telltale signs of one who had fallen under the Karisuma spell. That longing look, it was the look of someone in love. Izumi loved the look, reveled in it.  

Looking upwards, Izumi would notice Hanza was above looking on with a thumbs up, signalling that he was already ready. Except it wasn't the form of Hanza, it appeared it was one of the guards. He had used the transformation technique to gain an advantage it seems. Izumi also noticed the collapsed body of the second rooftop guard not too far away from where the first had been choked out. Izumi had forgotten to deactivate her doujutsu the power of her clan exposed now, at least to him. Izumi didn't bother deactivating it at this point, instead grinning at him. The young man was sure to be affected as well by her powerful hormone inducing gaze. Izumi had liked the boys plan however and decided to mimic it by transforming into her terrified friend. Izumi climbed up to the rooftop with ease, her feet glowing with chakra as she climbed as if walking on flat ground, the laws of gravity making an exception simply for her. When she reached the summit of her climb she'd look to Hanza and speak in a low voice, "Let's go find the VIP, when we get close enough, one of use makes the move and paints him. We're almost done Hanza, good work." Izumi would follow the young man's lead when he chose to enact the plan. She would execute her part with precision and grace and should the unintended move of putting him under her spell incapacitate him too much, the young woman would not hesitate to strike. Failure was not an option for the young woman.

1,217 Words for a total word count of 2,022.

Exit Thread.

125/150:

Last edited by Izumi Karisuma on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:37 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding final WC and Exit)

Hanza

Hanza

D-rank
It was as though a thousand colorful lights ignited within Hanza’s brain as his eyes lined up with those of Izumi. An explosion of chemicals within his brain sent throughout his body a calming sensation. An alluring feeling that put him at ease. What had just happened to Hanza? Was that a dojutsu? Those vibrant blue eyes seemed to sparkle and flare up just as he made visual contact and he was indeed left stunned. Having never heard of the Karisuma, he would be able to make any definitive assumptions about the intoxicating effects of her eyes, whether they were a dojutsu or not would remain a mystery.

It took him several moments to recover, visibly shaking his head before addressing the beautiful young woman. Even after peeling away from the initial shock, he still felt airheaded. He preferred the tension of being prepared for the next encounter, and it seemed that he could not recover that sensation. He felt limp. Relaxed. He hated it.

He looked at Izumi and for that instant, unlike his previous neutral opinion, she looked far too attractive suddenly, every detail and feature reinforced and highly present. “W..well done Izumi. We should be able to infiltrate without much trouble now. Allow me to make the first statement when we get down there, if my plan comment isn’t successful, I’ll follow your lead. Once in the same room as the target it shouldn’t be too difficult to tag him. We have the element of surprise.

With that, Hanza opened up the door leading to the interior of the building. As he entered the stairwell, he could hear chatter from the third floor. They were growing impatient.

When were those damned genin supposed to arrive? I’m getting bored.

You’re getting bored? At least you lot are standing with the VIP. If anyone’s going to get the chance to beat the snot out of some kids it’ll be you or the guys at the front door. So here’s the deal. I want to switch places. So does she. We will swap every five minutes. That will confuse the genin if they are watching us from a distance for some reason. Got it? I don’t want to hear any complaining or I’ll have to ask my gramps, Hastur, to teach you a lesson about respect.

Hanza grinned at the men who seemed to grumble and spit in the ground as they walked to go up the stairs. The moment they turned the corner and Hanza heard the door close he looked at Izumi and nodded, as he reached for his painted kunai and hoped she would too. He wanted them both to land the strike. A team effort. His kunai would drag across the VIPs chest, painting a blue and red gash across him, Hanza wanting to make absolutely certain he had done everything by the book.

If that were a success and everything went to plan he would smile deeply and leave the premises with Izumi. Champions of the second trial.

WC: 1605

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.