You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:34 pm

Kinoe

Kinoe

D-rank
The merciless desert sun bore down on Kinoe from behind, as the girl walked into the village of Sunagakure from the west in the evening. Her purple hair flowed behind her, resting against a thin, white cotton cape that went over her usual attire of black and purple leather, something to shield her from the gaze of the sun above. Her visor – if you could call it that – was instrumental in keeping out most of the sand from reaching her eyes as she trudged the long way around to get to Sunagakure, circling through the south before heading to the west entrance.

Her caution was justified – after all, she’d just been attacked mere days ago. Four years of hiding and the Haruhiko family had finally found her, intent on capturing her and making her pay for crippling their heir the way she did. He had been a fine man, but only on the outside – on the inside, he was rotten to the core. Sadly the rest of the family didn’t see it that way. Upholding the family’s traditions was more important than any small act of cruelty by one of their would-be leaders.

Kinoe unconsciously reached out to touch her left elbow. It still stung from a minor strike she’d received while defending herself. While priding herself on her agility, Kinoe was still just one kunoichi against a group of five masked individuals, and the numbers and ambush had meshed well to force her into a situation she could barely avoid.

Perhaps it was because of that that Kinoe had opted to flee to Sunagakure, not staying in any one town like she had the last four years. The Haruhiko may have had trouble finding her, but they had no trouble attacking once it was done. At least being in a ninja village would deter them somewhat.

A large shadow cast over her being as she walked underneath the massive gates of the village. She stopped by just long enough to hand the ninja on duty her brief identifications, but bar that she continued her walk at a leisurely place, eyes darting left to right but hidden behind her mask.

A ninja village was different from any town or compound she’d been to. By the very nature of the name itself, of course a village would have been several times larger than any accommodation Kinoe had previously called her home. She resigned herself to a mental sigh at the enormity of the place and plodded firmly ahead, eyes peeled for lodgings and hopefully a place to eat.  

433 words

2The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:03 pm

Izumi

Izumi

A-rank
As to be expected for the middle of the day in Sunagakure, it was bright and shining out, which meant heat. The winters in Sunagakure were interesting, the nights and morning were freezing cold while the days were still warm sometimes even hot. The peculiar geography of deserts always fascinated Izumi especially that if her own home in Sunagakure. Today was not the exception for the general climate given the pleasant breeze and comfortable 25C air, Izumi wore a silk kimono, white with her clan digit on her back, her fiery hair worn down, and her village headband in its place on her left bicep. Today was a day for Izumi to relax and just enjoy her beautiful home, hidden from the world by its famous desert and brutal winds. The village tended to have a constant breeze thanks to the effect created by the high walls surrounding the village. Izumi’s long beautiful legs carried her through the village towards the gate, she wanted to take a long walk in the desert, followed by a nice picnic at her favorite abandoned outskirts. Not normally loner, Izumi just wanted some time to herself today. Even Izumi’s mother was busy for the day, an oddity since her mother tended to be quite hermetic. Izumi couldn’t help but let a smile pas across her plump, full, lips. Today was a good day, minimal dust, the stray dogs were silent, and she would later learn that for the first time in a long time no one she knew in the slums met an early end thanks to their criminal lifestyle.

Given the beauty of the day and her hitherto good fortune, Izumi decided to make a brief stop at one of the local restaurants called the Dragon’s Tongue to get takeout for her planned picnic. The Dragon’s Tongue sat in the shadows of the west village gate, the one she planned to depart from. Izumi has a bit of a late start by her standards today, not even feeding until near noon and only departing her ghetto apartment 10 minutes earlier. Izumi generally was generally an early riser. However today was the one day per month she gave herself to relax and shun her duties and training. She didn’t even have to work at her job. Izumi has a recent windfall of cash from a very humiliating yet lucrative shift at the Sandbox club. Finally, Izumi entered the long shadows of the western village gate, so cast by the late afternoon sun projecting its radiance from behind the pillars holding the gate in place. She walked past the village people dressed in their traditional earth tones, nearly to her first stop on her day’s journey when she saw her. Sticking out like a sore thumb in the generally bland village there she was, dressed all in purple with purple hair.

The woman was quite beautiful, with long flowing hair and a dress that left little to her imagination. The woman appeared to be nursing a fairly fresh wound on her left arm and as Izumi approached it became clear that while this beautiful woman was shorter than Izumi she was older by at least a few years. The woman had a strange mask on the made Izumi think she might be blind but given her easy navigation through the crowd figured it must allow some sort of visibility. The woman was shorter than her by a hair or two but otherwise appeared her counterpart in size. Izumi curious about this mysterious stranger decided to approach the woman, using her injury as a way to break the ice. After all, Izumi was a medical ninja and if nothing else could offer this guest to her village some hospitality in the form of improved comfort. Izumi approached the woman and tapped her shoulder, ”Excuse me miss, I couldn’t help but notice your elbow . I’m something of a healer and would take a loon at if I can mend that for you if you’d like?”

[670]

3The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:25 pm

Kinoe

Kinoe

D-rank
Kinoe let her eyes wander around the village as she took in the sights, one foot stepping in front of the other as she kept a general awareness of where she could eat and rest. Most of the houses looked like domes, though she could see one or two more modern buildings, but the state of the buildings wasn’t what interested her – no, she was looking for the titles that hinted at anything close to food she would bear.

She heard someone approach her from the side, stopping her in her tracks. Perhaps it was paranoia, but Kinoe’s head turned slightly to view her from the corner of her eyes. Walking closer to her was a woman with fiery red hair reflecting off the rays of the sun, draped around her face like a blazing curtain. A finely-woven silk dress fell past her form, and idly Kinoe wondered if she had been a merchant looking to sell some of her wares – she discarded the thought when her eyes landed on the headband on the girl’s left bicep, the metal carrying the engraving that was Suna’s symbol.

The woman continued up to her, tapping her shoulder, though Kinoe displayed no outward response. She simply listened quietly and contemplatively as the woman offered her help.

“Excuse me, miss. I couldn’t help but notice your elbow. I’m something of a healer and would take a look at if I can mend that for you if you’d like?”

It only dawned upon her then that she had still been clutching the small injury she’d received, and her right hand quickly fell back to its side, hidden underneath the cotton cloak she’d nabbed. Apparently, Sunagakure was much more to take in than she’d expected, for her to have been lost in her train of thought. Then again, it was the first time she stepped foot within a major village – it was only natural to be slightly awed by the size and variety of its buildings. Although she could have done without the occasional ninja shop popping up on every corner.

“It’s fine. It’s just a bruise,” she replied, her expression barely changing even as she spoke. “Do you know where I can get some food?” As she finished her sentence, her lips returned to a firm line, not pressed but betraying nothing save for the idea that maybe Kinoe didn’t feel too much.

845 words

4The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:44 am

Izumi

Izumi

A-rank
The woman appeared at first to not even notice Izumi’s attempt to get her attention, until after a moment of painful silence the woman finally appeared to react. The woman moved her hand to her side quickly almost like she was trying to hide the injury. The woman seemed distracted, almost overwhelmed. Izumi has no clue why this would be given the fact that her only knowledge of the strange woman was that she was for a lack of a better description, very purple. The woman finally opened her mouth to speak, ”It’s fine. It’s just a bruise, do you know where I can get some food?” She had a strange, deadpan manner about her way of speech, neither her tone nor her expression changed during her short response.

While off, this manner wasn’t exactly troubling, what Izumi actually found troubling about the woman’s manner, was that she could get no read at all on the woman’s emotion. It was almost like the woman had no emotion at all, that wasn’t possible … or was it? Izumi decided maybe she shouldn’t be analyzing the psyche of someone she just met so deeply instead trying to find her manners and invite the woman out on the picnic she was planning for herself. Why not bring the purply woman along with her, she doesn’t seem like a threat to her person. Plus maybe she could make a new friend, those were in short supply since she graduated the academy. While personable, Izumi always had a problem with pride and arrogance. She felt many of her (male) peers were beneath her and as such had a hard time keeping contact with them.

”I was on my way to get lunch myself, want to come with? I know you just arrived but I was going to eat outside the walls if you cared to join. I would hate to intrude but where are you from miss. Oh dear, I’ve been so rude, my name is Izumi, what’s yours?” Izumi has always felt more at ease with women so unlike some of her… embarrassing and painfully recent interactions with men, she felt this was going well. Izumi smiled at the woman and just grabbed her by the right arm making sure she didn’t pull on the “bruised” arm; Izumi walked off towards the Dragon’s Tongue dragging the woman with her assuming that there was no way she’d refuse such a polite invitation.

[407]

5The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:26 pm

Kinoe

Kinoe

D-rank
Throughout her life, Kinoe had received a variety of reactions to her demeanour, stoic as it had always been said to be. There were some who had been completely put off by it, seeing her reactions, or lack thereof, as a sentiment of her disinterest in them, when she merely didn’t see the point of expressing them. Then, there had been those who had been adamant on provoking a response out of her, and those had particularly been on the receiving end of no shortage of attitude adjustments.

It seemed that this girl in front of her though, fell into the very rare category of ‘I don’t care’. She didn’t seem to take Kinoe’s stoicism into account, instead carrying on the conversation as per normal. Kinoe wouldn’t dare admit it, but she welcomed – and more than enjoyed – the novel response.

“I was on my way to get lunch myself, want to come with? I know you just arrived, but I was going to eat outside the walls if you cared to join.”

Kinoe digested the information quickly, finding little problem with it. There was, of course, the slight inconvenience of walking back out of Suna’s walls, and she could not for the love of her figure out what passion Sunagakure ninja might have had for their environment. Love, perhaps, for it was their home, but she couldn’t wrap her head around how eating outside of Sunagakure’s walls would be any more exciting than that of eating within it – the view for several hundreds of miles was little more than sand poured upon sand, dunes shifting in the wind and repeating the endless cycle.

“I would hate to intrude but where are you from miss? Oh dear, I’ve been so rude, my name is Izumi, what’s yours?”

Kinoe also couldn’t help but notice the girl’s relatively rapid form of speech. It certainly said something about her intellect that she could leap from topic to topic of conversation so quickly. Kinoe herself would never have been able to hold a conversation for even this long, preferring only to speak when necessary and never actually having the necessity to speak more than a few sentences in any one conversation – they had mostly been her submitting her personal accounts on any of her past missions.

“I accept your offer,”
she replied. Her tone remained similarly monotonous, and similarly devoid of any malice. If she’d been more self-conscious, she herself would have been curious how she pulled it off. “My name is Kinoe. I’m from the Land of Fire.”

Normally, Kinoe would have ended her dialogue there, but in the spirit of upholding the conversation, she lamely and inexperiencedly continued.

“Why are we eating outside the village walls? The scenery is the same throughout.”

1319 words

6The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:08 pm

Izumi

Izumi

A-rank
Izumi could hardly contain it, her frantic manner of the day was for a very good reason, the same one that explained why she was so well dressed for what seemed to many to just be a normal day. Izumi with the purple woman in tow marched off towards the Dragon’s Tongue,“I accept your offer, my name is Kinoe. I’m from the Land of Fire.” Izumi ensured she made eye contact while the purple woman now known to Izumi as Kinoe was speaking to her, remembering her manners finally. The woman paused for a couple seconds before adding in her usual monotone, not betraying anything about what was going on behind the mask,“Why are we eating outside the village walls? The scenery is the same throughout.” Izumi giggled at Kinoe’s comment about the village scenery, laughing at a joke that appeared to not exist. ”Good to meet you Kinoe. The village scenery is due for a change, and believe me when I say you don’t want to be here when it happens. I’ll explain more when we get outside the village, can’t risk the wrong types hearing. There can be no warning. Now, let’s get some food and find a nice view looking over the village, I wanna make sure I have a good look at it.”

Izumi continues onwards to the restaurant after finishing her foreboding explanation Just because I can’t tell anyone doesn’t mean I can’t save anyone who is innocent. This woman has no need to die here. she thought to herself. Pushing through the curtains featuring a dragon with his mouth open tongue flicking for some reason or other, Izumi entered the Dragon’s Tongue, Izumi no longer dragging Kinoe along with her given her choice to follow of her own accord. Izumi took a moment to think what she should get to eat, keeping in mind she might have a hard time getting a meal this good in the near future. Izumi decided on Ramen since it would be what she’d miss the most. Having decided what she’d like she looked to Kinoe, ”Whatever you’d like just tell them, I’m treating as your welcome to the village. You’ll have to tell me of the Land of Fire as well, I’ve never left the Wind country.” Making conversation came naturally to Izumi so we was able to easily converse with the woman even while deeply troubled on other matters, Izumi understood that collateral damage is a sad inevitability but still hoped that it would be kept to a minimum in the coming calamity. However it went Izumi would be watching, recording the events so that the generations of the future can learn from the actions of today.

[450]

7The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:41 pm

Kinoe

Kinoe

D-rank
Kinoe almost tilted her head in confusion at Izumi’s sudden giggle. It had come from out of the blue, but the Haruhiko – oh how little she referred to herself as such, avoiding it when possible – paid it no mind, chalking it up to a quirk of her new acquaintance. Instead, she focused on the girl’s reply, which seemed equal parts ominous and… it was just ominous.

“Good to meet you Kinoe. The village scenery is due for a change, and believe me when I say you don’t want to be here when it happens. I’ll explain more when we get outside the village, can’t risk the wrong types hearing. There can be no warning. Now, let’s get some food and find a nice view looking over the village, I wanna make sure I have a good look at it.”

Kinoe’s eyebrows furrowed, though they couldn’t be seen from behind her mask. Somehow, a part of her suspected that Izumi’s personality had taken a quick, although just very brief, one-eighty change. Kinoe had also learned to spot warnings packaged nicely within words, and though she couldn’t decipher what was wrong, the purple-haired girl had a very strong feeling something was. Despite this, she remained stoic on the outside – whatever warning she’d just come across, it didn’t seem like it was dangerous to her yet. Her only worries and concerns were her kin after her blood, and Izumi in no way resembled any Haruhiko she had met, and she’d met nearly all of them in her subtle search for her mother.

Kinoe was led through the curtains of a shop she noted as ‘The Dragon’s Tongue’, a prosperous name that didn’t disappoint when she was introduced to the décor within the room. A dragon stood majestically with its mouth open, its serpentine tongue flicking out in welcome of anyone who pushed past the regal red curtains that marked the entrance. Kinoe found it resembled a puppy barking in welcome and leaving its tongue out in expectation of its master.

Then again she wasn’t the best at metaphors.

Kinoe spared Izumi a look from slightly behind her. Mostly, her action would go unnoticed, although she couldn’t tell if Izumi would have caught it. The girl seemed engrossed in the menu, which Kinoe allowed to catch her attention. There seemed to be various assortments of food but she knew what she wanted the moment it caught her eye.

"Whatever you’d like just tell them, I’m treating as your welcome to the village. You’ll have to tell me of the Land of Fire as well, I’ve never left the Wind country.”

Kinoe stared at Izumi for a short moment. Some could regard it as disbelief, though Kinoe herself leaned more towards suspicion. Nevertheless, her previous judgment of Izumi stood, and she turned to the waitress, ordering a dozen dumplings to go. While not the most delicious of foods, Kinoe was a practical woman, and they were the easiest to carry around without too much hindrance.

“There’s not much to the Land of Fire,” she answered bluntly and shortly.

She left it at that. Perhaps Izumi would prod, perhaps she would leave it; Kinoe’s silence had nothing to do with her poor experience with the country. The girl’s social skills were shot; her vengeful family was just the cherry on the top.

1902 words

8The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Izumi

Izumi

A-rank
Izumi felt she must come across as a madwoman with her current affliction of fear and anticipation for the night’s events to come. Sunagakure no Sato, her home was to be destroyed. Cleansed in fire of her injustice and wickedness. The vile corrupt city was to meet its end at the hands of a party including a man she had met by chance during one of her frequent morning jogs. The man, Syekren Uchiha was something of an idol to Izumi, she also happened to fancy this man however that had no bearing on the events at hand. Izumi new what was to come would be dangerous and did not want to be caught in the crossfire since those within it would not survive, no matter who they were or who they were with. Besides Izumi had other desires, she wanted to record the events to come as well as learn the histories she can from those alive to tell them. Knowledge was important to Izumi and preserving it doubly so. Izumi was bringing nothing but the clothes she was wearing, her uncles journal, a pen, and some ink. Her uncles journal while complete when it comes to his life still had room for more writing.

Kinoe had decided on a dozen dumplings a much more practical decision for someone on the move, normally Izumi would elect for pragmatism however she felt on a night like this she could be a bit ridiculous.“There’s not much to the Land of Fire.” the woman replied in a short manner that implied finality. Clearly there was something in the land of fire that Kinoe was hesitant to talk about enough so that she appeared to want to avoid the subject of her home altogether. While a terrible conversationalist, and slightly rude for a guest she still had no part to play in the wickedness of Sunagakure. She did not deserve to burn here along with the countless others doomed for death on this night. While the outcome was in no way certain, it was unlikely that Syekren and his counterparts would fail on this night. Regardless of the outcome two things were certain however, no matter the outcome the sand village won’t be the same and if somehow they failed Izumi couldn’t afford to stay in the village. Surely she had been seen in the company of Syekren and the Jackal, while it’s possible that no one did it was not worth the risk. And Izumi resolves that tonight was her last night in this village no matter what. The food finally ready, Izumi took her soup and in a gesture meant to be polite also carried the dumplings meant for Kinoe. She left the way they came leading the way to the spot she had scouted for watching tonight’s entertainment. ”While it’s a bit still before sunset I think we should still set out now, it might be suspicious to leave right when it starts.” she said not bothering to clarify what it was exactly, continuing on to her destination where all would be explained to the purple woman called Kinoe.

[533]

9The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:28 am

Kinoe

Kinoe

D-rank
There had been many situations in the past where Kinoe’s lack of social aptitude had placed her in danger. People didn’t like being ignored, and more than one man who had felt he’d been emasculated by her ignorance of him had tried to pick a fight with her. Of course, while Kinoe hadn’t lost to any of them, she hadn’t exactly won against all of them. It was difficult to when some troublemakers were Chunin taking a drink from their latest mission.

But, surprisingly, the very same inaptitude had helped her get out of situations, too. Not the most dramatic of stories but some men or women simply understood your disinterest when you couldn’t – not couldn’t be bothered but just couldn’t – carry the conversation with them. Plus her disinterest wasn’t entirely a detriment when it came to these matters.

Perhaps that was why Kinoe didn’t bother to polish them, or perhaps she didn’t see the need to. Personal survival came first on her priority list and the hedonists of the world weren’t the fittest to teach her with regards to how to live past the age of thirty.

These were thoughts that circulated Kinoe’s mind for the three seconds after she finished her sentence, figuring that her rudeness was apparent and blatant but feeling no need nor having the knowledge to opt for any other method. The food came quickly, and as Kinoe reached for her dumplings, she stayed her hand, noting that Izumi had already done it for her.

”While it’s a bit still before sunset I think we should still set out now, it might be suspicious to leave right when it starts.”

With that, Izumi took a few steps towards the exit, Kinoe not bothering to follow just yet as her mind tried to register why Izumi had just taken her food. Her mind was also occupied with how ominous Izumi sounded, which seldom boded well for a stranger she’d just met. ‘Right when it starts’, in particular piqued her curiosity.

Nevertheless she put the thought aside and walked after her, forgetting the courteous ‘Thank you’ that should have been present, and remaining silent, realising that in no point in Izumi’s sentence had she needed to provide any form of a response, save the rhythmic sound of her footsteps echoing the girl’s, as the two of them left the Dragon’s Tongue.

2314 words

10The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:56 am

Izumi

Izumi

A-rank
Izumi soon heard Kinoe's footsteps behind her own, even if she was unnerved by Izumi's strange manner, the woman didn't show it. Izumi set off for the high dunes to the west of the village. She had ensured to choose spot that look east to ensure the sun would stay out of their eyes during the sunset in case for some reason the battle started early. Izumi still felt torn about leaving so many innocents to die. She had been toying with the idea of doing some evacuations but didn't want to give anything away that might compromise Syekren. Perhaps she would lead some sort of sortie later to get people out of the warzone, for now she needed to eat and then start her journal entry for what would become the battle for the sand. After all, history doesn't record itself. As she continued marching, she was in a trance fixated on the events to come this night.  

Izumi absent mindedly waved at the door guards while making sure to make it clear that Kinoe was with her, a guest on a walk and a picnic. After they had cleared the gates, Izumi slowed down to let Kinoe get closer to her and she locked arms with the violet woman, pulling her closer so she could quietly tell her about what was to happen on this night. "Tonight, there will be an attempt to destroy the Village Hidden in the Sand. You have come here at a bad time. I couldn't let an innocent outsider be slain for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. However I also couldn't just warn everyone and possibly create a panic, or worse cause an information leak that allows them to foil the plot. It may seem strange to you why I would my home destroyed, but an outsider couldn't understand. The Daimyo of the Wind country is missing, presumed dead. The Kazekage has disappeared, and the village council is corrupt, wanting to sell the secrets of our village for their own gain. To make matters worse, the core clans support this practice. They must be brought to justice, and I believe my friends are the ones to bring it. After the picnic and the sunsets, the calamity will begin. I brought you outside the walls so you could make a choice to leave if you don't want to be a part of this." Izumi felt relieved that she had finally gotten to say it out loud to someone else, the suspense had been killing her and having someone else know was a good feeling. Izumi would remain silent the rest of the journey to a particularly high dune about a half kilometer southwest of the village with a good view of where Izumi assumed the fighting would start.

[479]

11The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 am

Kinoe

Kinoe

D-rank
The two walked at a normal pace for some time, neither saying a word, though Kinoe noted that Izumi was bringing her back to the western entrance where she’d just entered not more than an hour ago. Fortunately, Izumi was able to wave off the guard’s attention, saving her the necessity of producing her papers again just for a simple meal.

All this time, Kinoe simply followed behind Izumi. She was used to trailing several meters behind others, just within range of earshot to listen for any commands but not close enough to intrude on their personal space. Here, she felt more comfortable and at ease than she had been attempting to – or as much as people would see it that way – keep conversation with the girl who now walked several feet ahead of her.

When the two of them had cleared the gate, Izumi’s pace began to slow. Kinoe noted it seemed familiar as to when the Haruhiko heir would slow down to let her catch up, to show her something. Most of the times, it was in a futile attempt to impress her in a manner not so alike an heir and his bodyguard but more of a man and a woman, but Kinoe paid the memory no heed, maintaining her pace until she came shoulder to shoulder with Izumi.

The redhead then locked arms with her, taking her slightly by surprise with their proximity, and pulling her closer. Kinoe’s breath caught itself from the suddenness of the gesture, as well as her unfamiliarity with simply being so close to just about anyone. Regardless, the only sign of her shock was but a small, barely visible parting of her lips; she managed to preserve her stoicism otherwise.

"Tonight, there will be an attempt to destroy the Village Hidden in the Sand.”

”Tonight, there will be an attempt to destroy the Village Hidden in the Sand.”

Kinoe’s eyes widened at this knowledge.

“You have come here at a bad time. I couldn't let an innocent outsider be slain for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. However I also couldn't just warn everyone and possibly create a panic, or worse cause an information leak that allows them to foil the plot. It may seem strange to you why I would my home destroyed, but an outsider couldn't understand. The Daimyo of the Wind country is missing, presumed dead. The Kazekage has disappeared, and the village council is corrupt, wanting to sell the secrets of our village for their own gain. To make matters worse, the core clans support this practice. They must be brought to justice, and I believe my friends are the ones to bring it.”

Izumi was right. Kinoe couldn’t understand. She couldn’t begin to fathom the grandiose plan of completely wiping a hidden village off the face of the map. The only thought in her mind at the moment had been ‘What the ****?!’, and inwardly she cursed her luck that she had to stumble from the lion’s den into the alligator’s maw. Izumi’s explanation as to why this particular course of action was necessary seemed reasonable to the girl, but reasonable only in why it inspired such madness, but not why it had to take place. After all, she had said it herself, thousands would die, though Kinoe’s concern with this lay not with her empathy or sympathy but rather as a matter of fact. People would die, but she wasn’t related to any of them.

“After the picnic and the sun sets, the calamity will begin. I brought you outside the walls so you could make a choice to leave if you don't want to be a part of this."

Kinoe let her head turn to look at the village once more, eyeing what she could see from the corner of her eye through the large arch that was the western gate. It seemed almost ominous and melancholic now, that something so large would be razed to the ground, and cruel yet sorrowful that the people who carried on with their lives would cease to have them in a matter of moments.

All in all, Kinoe was caught in a bind. Not because she was torn between warning the village or otherwise, but because she had never expected herself to end up in such a position. She never expected to be given a ‘choice’ as to what to do.

"No. It's okay,"
she simply replied.

3074 words

12The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:56 pm

Izumi

Izumi

A-rank
As usual, Kinoe appeared to have little to say, staying silent and emotionless during her explanation of the coming historical event, her only reaction was to turn and look at the village. "No, it's okay," with those three simple words Izumi knew she made the right choice choosing to share with the woman. It must have been a lot to take in for a stranger on the first day in a new country. To find out on your first day there that it was to be the site of a brutal conflict where thousands would perish, must have been at the very least unnerving. Izumi could understand the woman's silence given the situation she was being thrust in to. Having finished the sensitive part of the chat with the purple woman she let go of her arm and walked at a normal distance away from her companion. While on the way to their destination, Izumi resolved that she must help people get out of the village as best she could. She would go to the academy to make sure no children would be left behind. They deserved what was coming the least. To be so young and have to experience so much carnage is terrible.

Once they arrived Izumi picked a spot in the sand that was relatively flat and rock-free and sat down, finally able to eat her ramen and start work on her first major historical account. Izumi began the introduction to the entry in her journal entitled, The Battle of Sunagakure. Izumi went into a brief history as she understood it to the events leading up to this night that caused the powder keg set to be set alight on this night. Including the rise and subsequent disappearance of Midori, the rift that grew between Syekren and the council, his motivations as far as she understood them. She made sure to leave plenty of space for the other participant's stories in fact leaving several pages blank, ensuring there would be plenty of room for her to make additions later on. Izumi looked to the woman sitting on her right the sun shooting it’s last rays into the sky, the light of day in its death throes, ”The night is almost upon us, I will be heading to the academy to save any students trapped or hiding there. If you wish to help, there will probably be people who think it’s safe at the arena, that is where civilians are told to go in the event of an attack. They can’t be allowed to die because they don’t know what’s happening. I will check there after I’m done sweeping the academy.”

Night fell, and the worst anxiety of the night set in. While Izumi would be nowhere near the actual fighting, she would still be a part of her first real battle tonight. Some of her teachers, friends and neighbors would be snuffed out tonight. Izumi doesn’t love the idea of innocent deaths but at the same time she understood that they can be unavoidable. Her anxiety gave way to a surge of adrenaline, a bright flash in the distance followed by explosions and fires marked the start of the show. Izumi finished up her opening remarks in her journal before sealing it and her writing implements on her left forearm using the basic sealing technique. Izumi looked to the woman for what could be the last time. Something told Izumi the woman wouldn’t do nothing ”Good luck, stay alive.” with those, ominous, final words, Izumi charged towards the village walls on her way to evacuate those she could.

[Exit]

[615|Total Words: 3154]

Training:

13The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Empty Re: The Village of Suna (Invite Only) Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:03 pm

Kinoe

Kinoe

D-rank
It seemed that Kinoe’s answer, however short it was, was more than enough to satisfy her newfound acquaintance. Izumi relinquished her hold on her hand and continued the walk in silence, seeming to have regained some of that enthusiasm, something that had been, appropriately, absent when she’d told Kinoe that the village of Sunagakure was going to be wiped. Kinoe once again followed just a couple of steps behind, trailing the redhead.

Izumi was more familiar with the terrain, being a ninja of Sunagakure itself, as evidenced by the headband on her left bicep. Of course, ‘ninja of Sunagakure’ was debatable given her current actions, but Kinoe remained silent and unopinionated on that front. Who knew how many other ninja shared this unfound sentiment towards the village and those who seemed to have malintent? An outsider like her didn’t have the right – and in her case, didn’t have the time or energy – to be concerned with how Sunagakure’s populace intended to run things, even if it did result in a massacre.

She spoke from experience.

Izumi chose a relatively flat surface, devoid of any rocks and hard edges, leaving only the soft sand that was warm to the touch as the two girls made themselves comfortable. Izumi placed her ramen to the side, though, as Kinoe uncharacteristically (to others) downed her first dumpling. Instead, the redhead opted to scribble something down in a notebook she retrieved from… somewhere in her silk kimono. Kinoe noted that Izumi skipped over several pages as she wrote down her notes, but beyond that refrained herself from prying. After all, she had also treated Kinoe to her first meal within the village – and probably her last – and Kinoe opted to focus on them instead, tending to her fourth dumpling.

”The night is almost upon us, I will be heading to the academy to save any students trapped or hiding there. If you wish to help, there will probably be people who think it’s safe at the arena, that is where civilians are told to go in the event of an attack. They can’t be allowed to die because they don’t know what’s happening. I will check there after I’m done sweeping the academy.”

Personally, Kinoe held no attachment to the people of Sunagakure, and while it was the ‘right’ thing to do to attempt to rescue the academy students, it was also not in her nature to tend towards the ‘right’ things to do. Kinoe’s sense of morality was skewed heavily in favour of whoever had her in employ, and as that position was currently empty, Kinoe didn’t feel a rushing need to ensure as many academy students made it out alive, as Izumi seemingly, and paradoxically, had.

Nevertheless, as Kinoe watched the flames rise from the city, she understood that perhaps she was one of the worst people to understand the concept of attachment, and instead treated it as a form of repaying Izumi for her actions recently. Meanwhile, Izumi sealed the notebook into her forearm before whispering to Kinoe, “Good luck, stay alive,” and disappearing towards the village.

The words reverberated in Kinoe’s ear as she finished her meal. If they both kept towards that advice, maybe they would meet again in a newer Sunagakure.

3629 words

1925 words: Perception E-0 to D-3
1475 words: Reaction Time E-3 to D-3
225 words: Speed E-0 to E-2

Exit

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.