You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
Jinx admitted that she hadn’t considered the other benefits of having an artist in the field but seemed to agree with them all the same. It really was a rare treat to find someone who wasn’t skeptical about her chosen path, and she was definitely counting herself lucky now that the hotel’s breakfast had been done and over with by the time she had managed to come out of her room.

With their meals almost over, or in Destiny’s case entirely gone already, she couldn’t help but feel a bit sad at the prospect: it had been far too long since she had sat down and had a genuine conversation with someone – let alone someone who didn’t get on her nerves or piss her off, a feat that was all too easy to do considering her short temper. The fact that Jinx and her could speak so easily, that they shared somewhat common talents with Jinx being a writer and Destiny an artist, made things so much better in Destiny’s private and personal opinion. No, this had definitely been an enjoyable experience and she really didn’t want it to end, so she hoped in silence that Jinx would allow her to view some of her work so that their conversation could continue.

However, for the moment Destiny found herself distracted from the thought as she noticed the way that Jinx seemed to be avoiding showing her face, especially after the sudden admission that she thought she preferred women as well. The way she worded it made Destiny curious and a multitude of questions burned in her mind, questions that were far too personal and which she was far too embarrassed to ask. ”It’s not your business. Don’t you dare ask. Or… well, it’s not your business, yet. Maybe one day it will be.” She couldn’t help the thoughts, though she kept herself tight lipped so that none of them slipped out and into the open – that would be an embarrassment that would certainly be the death of her. ”Well, at least if you do embarrass yourself you can always pack up and leave in the middle of the night. Not like you’ve made much of an impression on the village just yet… But I don’t really want to leave.” Cue the inner monologue and the mental battle.

To get away from her thoughts before she drove herself crazy she focused once more on the lovely young woman across from her, tuning in once more to her with rapt attention. She watched as Jinx looked through the pages, the comment of seeing how her work progressed causing another smile to appear on Destiny’s face. As she mentioned her issue with her current illustrator Destiny couldn’t help but tilt her head to the side in deep thought, brows furrowed slightly. ”That must have been horrible. I wouldn’t be able to deal with having to scrap an idea simply because someone I’m supposed to be working with was ill-equip to handle it. I can assure you you won’t have that issue with me. If something comes up that I’m not one hundred percent sure about I will practice until I am.” It was definitely an assurance, and something she meant wholeheartedly: if Jinx happened to write something that Destiny couldn’t draw? She would learn how, and she would practice until it was perfect. The whole commitment had more to do with just the fact that she found Jinx attractive too: it was a commitment she would have made to anyone who she was working for, any possible employer.

While Jinx didn’t say anything to Destiny about paying for her meal, she hadn’t missed the fact out of the corner of her eye that the woman had seemed to have had every intention of paying for her own. However, instead of focusing on that she listened as Jinx described that her manuscripts were at home, but she had intended on doing some shopping before heading back to her apartment – though she seemed willing to change these plans if Destiny was busy. She wasn’t. Even if she had had plans they would have been canceled in a heartbeat. The idea that she could now spend even more time with Jinx without having to purposefully draw things out while looking at her work? She was all for that. So without missing a beat she gave a nod to the other woman before speaking, ”You’re welcome, and thank you for the excellent company. I’m totally down for a shopping trip. I could do with getting some new clothes, too, and it’s always better to have a second opinion. Plus, I’m new around here so I don’t exactly know where to go to get what I’m looking for.” It was definitely becoming easier and easier to talk to the woman, and Destiny found herself falling into her normal routine: she was beginning to feel as she had done back home, when she was going out with friends or family – back before they’d all been burned to death, not that she was going to allow herself to focus on that in any way right that moment.

Realizing she still had her almost empty cup of cappuccino in her hand she sipped down the rest quietly but quickly, not wanting to hold up the trip or Jinx’s plans. The empty cup was placed down before she looked towards the other woman expectantly. As her sketchbook was handed back to her she would slip it into her jean-material shoulder bag, tucking it safely inside with the others and double checking that the rest of her pencils and supplies were likewise secured: she hated losing the materials she had to work with, so she always liked to be extra sure they were safe. Once she was sure everything was there Destiny would stand up, pushing her chair in once she had stepped to the side of it and picking up her shoulder back, adjusting the strap so that it was at an angle across her chest, ensuring it couldn’t be easily snatched off of her shoulder should someone feel brave enough to try.

Word Count: 1,023

Jinx Uchiha

Jinx Uchiha

D-rank
"Cute.",  again the single adjective to describe something or someone popped into Jinx's mind as she observed Destiny. Having just confided with the other about her problems with an illustrator, something she has never done before with anyone else, she found how the woman reacted to the information cute. There being no other way to describe the furrow of Destiny's brow, and the look of concentration. Unlike other times, where she had called Destiny 'cute' or 'beautiful' or had thoughts unlike anything she ever had, Jinx did not blush nor reprimanded herself. She has come to figure out there was no help in trying to stave the thoughts of her mind. It was apparent she found the woman before him to be attractive in some facet, and no matter what she did to rid herself of such thoughts, they always found a way to make their presence known during unexpected moments or whenever triggered by Destiny's actions. "Does she know what she is doing to me?", not the first nor probably the last time Jinx would question Destiny's actions. While she had been hesitant and unsure with her response of liking women, Destiny was making her no longer doubt her sexuality; Jinx likes women.

Finishing off the sandwich, it and the rest of the meal has been delicious, Jinx nodded, confirming to Destiny about her experiences with the illustrator. "Indeed, it has been horrible. Sometimes, there is a deeper meaning and symbolism in certain scene asides from the partners being intimate. And having to do away with the scene in favor of one your illustrator can draw?", she shook her head, "It kills the entire mood. Luckily, in those situations, I and my editor make sure the rest of the book picks up the slack. Still though, having an incompetent illustrator is a pain." Jinx smile at Destiny. The woman had assured her that she won't have the same issues as she currently was, "That is all I ask for; an illustrator who won't shy away from drawing scenes they never did before." It was refreshing to see an artist who is will to do what is needed to satisfy their customer. Needless to say, Jinx's has not had her fair share of good experiences within the industry: thanks to her illustrator. So, it was nice to finally meet someone who was not like those she dealt with.  

Having started to say something, and reaching into her purse to pull out ryo needed to cover the cost of her meal,  when she noticed Destiny was paying for them both, Jinx stopped. She wanted to protest the generous gesture, but she did not want to come off as ungrateful. Still, she could have paid for hers, and Destiny's, breakfast. The woman did not have to do that. However, there was no use in worrying about something already done. She would just have to pay Destiny back for her generosity.

Happy. That was the emotion Jinx felt when Destiny agreed to the shopping trip. She had some doubt the other woman had other plans or wanted to get to work as quickly as possible. Yet, such thoughts were dismissed with her words, but others, less than innocent ones, surfaced. "Maybe I can be around to see her try on those clothes. .  . to make sure they fit.", having become comfortable with Destiny, and more certain about her sexuality, and having a growing crush on her company, Jinx's thoughts were less restricting when it came to some perversion musing. Such thoughts did not cause Jinx to blush of embarrassment; she had accepted what her body and mind were trying to tell her.

"Mhm! Always nice to have a second opinion - especially that of a woman.". there was a hint of something else, almost flirtatious, in the way Jinx said the statement. "If you want. We can stop at a couple different clothing stores. It will give you a chance to see their different wares and everything. You might even find a store you like.", Jinx did not want Destiny to overthink her earlier, in fear of possibly seeing its flirtatious nature. With her own cup of cappuccino finished, Jinx would mimic her company's actions: standing up, pushing the chair back in, and grabbing her small purse.

Turning her attention to Destiny, "You ready to go?", she would inquire, and once confirmed, would begin walking through the restaurant towards the exit - annoying the raised eyebrow given thrown in their direction by her friend. She already knew that she would need to explain to her friend about this recent development. Though, throwing a quick glance at Destiny, at the prospect of such, she could not find it in herself to care.

Jinx stretched once the pair were outside. Feeling the heat of the sun against her body, she was surprised at the apparent time, something she voiced with a smile on her face "Guess it is true what they; that times go by fast when you are having fun.".With it being a little bit warmer outside than it was earlier, Jinx found herself to be hot in her jacket. Taking off said article of clothing and folding it over the same arm as which her purse was being carried in, Jinx was now left in a long sleeve grey shirt that hugged her upper figure somewhat, enough for her assets to be noticeable, but not distractingly so.

"The first clothing store is one of my favorites, and it is not that far away from here.", Jinx mentioned, pointing to the west of where they were. "So, that will be the first stop, okay?". Once getting a confirmation, Jinx would lead Destiny towards the other store.

The streets of Konoha, especially in the Market District were ever slowly being packed with more and more people who were coming out to do their daily shopping. A numerous of other small vendors were just now opening, trying to tempt passers-by with their goods and wares. Jinx paid them little of mind, instead, her attention was on Destiny, "So", she would begin to speak, trying to drawing the other woman's attention, as they walked towards the rather large building, "Asides from drawing, what else do you like to do?"Having come to accept the fact that she had a crush on Destiny, Jinx wanted to learn more about the woman.

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
Jinx seemed to agree with her stance of having a second opinion, yet Destiny couldn’t help but detect something else within those words too: was Jinx flirting with her? She wasn’t entirely sure, and she definitely didn’t want to risk jumping to the wrong conclusion, so she simply let the idea drop – for now, anyway. Jinx continued on, mentioning that if Destiny wanted to they could definitely stop at more than just one store: the idea was appealing, she was growing tired of her wardrobe in general and some pieces definitely needed replacing because they had become worn over time and through traveling around so much. With a smile still on her face the pink haired female nodded in agreement.

”Yeah, sure. Sounds like a great idea.”, she’d respond verbally before watching her new companion stand up and mimic her actions by pushing her chair in and grabbing her small purse – something which caused her to hold back her smile as she once more remembered the other woman’s earlier rant.

As Jinx questioned whether she was ready to go Destiny nodded once more to indicate she was; there was nothing left to do here anyway, and she didn’t feel like anymore cappuccino would help the situation – she was a bit jittery already and more sugar and caffeine would certainly only worsen the situation. ”I’m ready.”

As Jinx moved through the courtyard of the restaurant Destiny followed dutifully, pausing as the other young woman did so that she could stretch. As Jinx mentioned the time Destiny couldn’t help but to look up at the sky, noticing just how far the sun had risen: the heat of the sun was definitely beginning to make it’s mark, causing the otherwise chilly morning to dissipate into a far warmer afternoon. Another genuine smile crossed Destiny’s lips as she laughed softly, surprised herself by just how long the pair must have been talking over their meal. ”I guess so...”, Destiny’s voice would trail off as she noticed movement off to the side of her. Glancing over she found Jinx to be removing her jacket, the shirt the woman was wearing underneath hugging her upper body in all of the right ways. Before her thoughts could turn down a more inappropriate path she glanced away, knowing full well that if she didn’t she would end up staring and likely making the other woman very uncomfortable.

As Jinx explained about what their first stop would be Destiny nodded in agreement, the plan sounding perfectly fine with her: in fact, she was fairly certain she would follow the other woman anywhere at this point. ”Alright, sounds good to me.” As they made their way into the market Destiny kept her attention focused on Jinx instead of on anything else around, finding the woman far more interesting than whatever the market would have to offer. It seemed, too, which the way Jinx was paying attention to her that perhaps she was thinking along the same lines too – or so Destiny found herself hoping.

She was almost startled at the other woman’s question, having been paying so much attention to her, but played it off well enough by jumping out of another individuals way who had all but almost bowled her over; the action also giving her time to think of a response. She didn’t want to sound boring after all, or like some one trick pony whose only ambition in life was her artwork – even if that had been kind of true up until recently, very recently in fact. ”Well, truth be told, I mostly focus on my artwork. I don’t really know a lot of people, most of my friends back home were either killed off or those who survived left and got scattered around. So I just travel around, mostly. I never really bother staying in one place for too long because I don’t normally like drawing attention to myself. I’ll pick up odd jobs or missions as needed to pay my way for things, but otherwise I don’t bother much with the ninja stuff.”, she added with a shrug, surprised at how much of her personal life she was telling this woman, and yet not minding at the same time. ”I guess my story and my life in general is kind of a sad one...”, she added thoughtfully as an after thought.

Word Count: 729 | 1,758

Jinx Uchiha

Jinx Uchiha

D-rank
"Was she checking me out earlier?", Jinx silently mused to herself, nodding when Destiny's words, she being okay with them stopping at the first clothing store, registered with her. While on the outside she was composed and her normal self, the same can not be said mentally. Her thoughts were on the woman beside her, and what she had perceived occurred only moments ago. When she was taking off her jacket, the weather outside being warmer than before, she could have sworn Destiny looked in her direction longer than necessary. "Was she really checking me out?", she was unsure rather the talented artist was checking her out or looking at something else that happened to be in the near vicinity. "She could very well be looking at something else. But. . .", her rational mind tried its hardest to make sense of the actions, but even it knew such thing was impossible. Not only had Jinx seen Destiny glancing at her, but, she remembered how the other woman's words seemed to trail off as if something caught her attention.  "And that something was me. . .", at the realization and acceptance, Jinx felt her heart beating faster and a dusty pink hue appeared on her face.  

While guys have complimented and flirted with her at times, she had always been skeptical about their intention. Boys were hormonal creatures with only one thing on their mind whenever chatting with a girl. And she, Uchiha Jinx, did not want her first time being with any boy who would first her the next day or brags to their friends about sleeping with an Uchiha. No, she had too much respect for herself to do that with just anyone. "And, besides, I do have ways to handle certain things better than any boy could.", she mused, mentally shaking those thoughts away, and the number of things within her special drawer for those moments. No need to think about that right now, especially with such a lovely lady beside her. Thinking on such perverse subjects would just make things worse. "I wonder would she - - -", and before her thoughts go any further, Jinx squashed them.

Focus!

Really, this was the first time a woman had given her a look similar to guys do when discreetly trying to check out someone of the opposite gender. And Jinx found herself to enjoy the feeling, especially when she had the belief the other person genuinely like her. "Of course, she could just be like all the guys, wanting nothing more but to get inside of your pants.", damn her rational mind for thinking that! She did not believe Destiny was like all the others out there. Maybe she didn't want to see the truth because of her own attraction to the artist, but she just had this feeling Destiny was not like the others. There was no way Destiny could be like all the others. . .right?

Though she was having this internal debate with herself, Jinx was very much aware of what was going on around them. Her thoughts were interrupted when the person center around them began speaking about her hobbies. Jinx's gaze fell onto Destiny, listening to every word she spoke about her hobbies. She mentally flinched when Destiny spoke of not knowing many people, her friends having died within her home village or scattered during it's destruction. She felt like an idiot for bringing up painful memories, but, before she could apologize, Destiny continued. Jinx listening as she spoke about traveling, not taking in one place too long in order not to draw attention to herself. At that statement, Jinx mentally snorted, "Not dressed like that.", she silently mused, discreetly glancing over Destiny's figure before she had time to comprehend what she was exactly doing.

Though the other woman believed her story and life, in general, was a sad one, Jinx did not. Yes, horrible things happened, but Destiny was alive and in a sound mind. Instead of giving up on life, the artist continues to push forward. Jinx honestly did not know if she could do the same if placed in Destiny's shoes. "A sad one, yes. But, you being alive and in a sound mind, pursuing your dreams gives your story and life a chance to be something wonderful.", she spoke, pushing open the door to the clothing store they had reached. Cool air greeted them along with a pink haired woman behind the cash register, "Welcome to Shiho's fashion."

Nodding in acknowledgment of the greeting, Jinx turned her attention back to Destiny, "I honestly don't think I could do what you are doing. You are an incredibly strong person.", she spoke. Shaking her head to get rid of the dark thoughts, Jinx, without thinking, reached for and gently grabbed Destiny's hand, "Come on. Let's see if there is anything you like here. The shirts and tops are this way. " there was excitement in her voice as she guided Destiny through the sparsely crowded place.

838 [1911]

Destiny

Destiny

D-rank
Destiny was burning to find out what Jinx was thinking, yet short of asking her she had no way of finding out. She was fairly certain that Jinx had noticed Destiny checking her out and yet she hadn’t commented about it. It was something that amused Destiny and made her think of herself for a moment – if it had been her she certainly would have commented, had it been any random boy that comment likely would have been fairly angry sounding.. but the idea of Jinx checking her out? Anger was the last thing on her mind when it came to that thought. Yet, it was a train of thought she let go of anyway: this was not the place to be delving into such fantasies and thoughts, and it certainly wouldn’t do her any good to lose her focus. This was supposed to be a shopping trip and she would do better to pay more attention.

Instead, she focused back onto the shopping trip, and onto the conversation at hand – more importantly what she had brought up. Jinx spoke, commenting that her tale she told was a sad one, and yet her being in one piece, alive, and well within her mind was definitely a good thing. Destiny knew it wasn’t a feat just anyone could have accomplished. She wasn’t the only survivor of Kusagakure no Sato’s destruction: she had met several survivors who were by no means where she was. They were hopeless and broken, lost and scarred. They barely got by, they barely survived or took care of themselves. They were nothing but the former shells of who they had been – the losses they had taken were so severe that it had altered them in ways that they could not come back from.

Destiny was about to comment when cool air greeted her and she found herself looking around a fairly nice looking clothing store: there were mannequins galore sporting all of the latest fashions, the store itself split in half almost down the middle between men’s and women’s with a cubicle styled check out dead center in the middle of the store to allow several of the cashiers working to be able to see the store from no matter where they were. The walls were lined with fashion as well, with special poles propped every few feet on the walls so that the customers could reach the more hard to reach items higher up – the stuff with the largest price tags. Along the back wall were shoes and jewelry, as well as purses both big and small. It was your typical store whose fashion was definitely pushed towards the younger general, both shinobi and civilians from some of what she could see just walking through the door.

Even with all of the splendor, and all of the new objects and articles of clothing to check out, she couldn’t help but look over to Jinx as the other female made her last comment: admitting that she didn’t think she could do what Destiny had been doing, as well as commenting as to Destiny’s strength. A gentle but genuine smile formed on Destiny’s face as she shrugged her shoulders. ”The world is cruel: you either survive it, or get eaten alive by it.” Such true words, but she didn’t allow herself to focus on them for long. Instead, she focused on the idea of getting some proper shopping done, something which caused her grin to grow further.

Of course, this was nothing compared to the reaction she got when Jinx reached out and took her hand; the touch causing what felt like a bolt of lightning to shoot up Destiny’s arm: not an unpleasant feeling at all, one she rather enjoyed and which caused a blush to tint her cheeks. Of course, blushing or otherwise, she wasn’t letting go – at least, not unless Jinx did. So for now she followed after Jinx, finding herself muttering beneath her breath ”I already found something I like...” before she could help herself, and hoping as her blush tinted her cheeks even further that Jinx wouldn’t hear it over the dim noise in the clothing store – and that she would take Destiny’s rose colored cheeks as her just being a bit flushed from how warm the store was: not that it was actually warm at all. ”Alright, I’m following you, then~”, she spoke, ignore her previous comment while hoping and praying Jinx didn’t hear it, and Destiny didn’t just embarrass herself. Her own face cracked wide with a smile as she focused on the task at hand: clothing shopping, one of her favorite things to do – made better since she had another woman whose opinion she could rely on.

-Thread Exit

Word Count: 792 | 2,550

Genius Perk = 20% Reduction to WC
Clan Learns things on Secondary WC’s

Learning Fuuinjutsu: 2,550 – 1,200 = 1,350
Fuuinjutsu D to C:1,350 – 1,200 = 150
Discarded: 150

Jinx Uchiha

Jinx Uchiha

D-rank
Shiho's fashion, named after a Konoha shinobi during the era of Uzumaki, Naruto,  the clothing store only recently, less than five years ago, found itself within Konoha's walls after an apparent ancestor of the store's name decided to return to their family roots. Geared towards teenagers both civilian and shinobi alike, the store made a name for itself by having fashionable and functional clothing that could be worn either as civilian or shinobi attire. The owner understanding the minds of shinobi teenagers with many of them still wanting to be fashionable while on duty without having to sacrifice such trivial concepts for protection required on the job vice-verse; with civilians wanting the same protection without making it seem like they were a shinobi

Needless to say, the store's reputation amongst young civilians and shinobi was high. Even with the older generation and higher ranking shinobis, the store's reputation was generally positive. Academy teachers, Jounin senseis both recommended the store to promising genins who wanted to dress fashionably, much to their teacher's chagrin, while still being protected enough to stay alive. Of course, not everyone likes the store, with some shinobi rather wanting promising genins to shop at the other well-known and established stores that cater specifically to the shinobi lifestyle.

"Not like I care about the opinions of others. .. when it comes to my clothing style.", Jinx mused silently. The woman having dealt with former teachers having a problem with her clothing attire despite them having the required needed protection. Just because the clothing did not fall in line with the stereotypical clothing did not mean anything! As long as she was protected enough than nothing else should matter. "Though, the teachers thought otherwise.", the young Uchiha momentarily thinking about all the times which she was disciplined for her clothing attired despite it meeting regulations.

Enough of that! Focus on Destiny.

Jinx's gaze fell on the other woman at the exact moment she began to speak. Russet brown eyes full of warmth and shining in happiness dull a little at the woman's ideology about the world which they live in. Indeed, the world was a cruel place where only the strong survive. "The strong shall feast on the weak unless the weak become strong and then the cycle continues. Guess, it is the way nature works, " she spoke, her eyes gazing over briefly as she thought about her mother and the crimes the woman did to her. Before she could get lost in the depressing thoughts, she pulled herself out of them, and focus on Destiny. A genuine smile forming as her eyes return back to their warm and happy self. Today was not the day to think about that woman who caused her misery. No, she won't let those thoughts bother her today, instead, she will focus on Destiny. A stranger turned friend who Jinx is now taking shopping.

There were moments where Jinx would think without acting. Saying or doing something without thinking about the consequence that would come from it. And this was one of those moments when Jinx realized who hand she had grabbed. "Oh Kami, did I just do that!?". she mentally screamed as the realization, of her having grabbed Destiny's hand, caught up with her. She had reached out and grabbed another person's hand without even asking permission first! "Wait, do you even need to ask permission to hold someone's hand!?", while she was mentally freaking out over the situation, she did not let go of Destiny's hand. A fact made evident as she took noticed of the soft texture of the other woman's hand. The way it seems to fit perfectly within hers. "Soft.", she silently mused, tossing a glance quick glance at the other woman. Jinx found her face heating up and a pink dusty hue spread across it as she took notice of Destiny's dusty cheeks.  

"Is she almost blushing because of this?" she mused, eyes glancing from Destiny's dusty cheeks to their conjoined hand. Though her thoughts might have been on the situation they found themselves in, Jinx very well heard the barely audible words spoken by Destiny. Eyes widening and her cheeks heating up more, the dusty hue on her cheeks becoming more prominent than before. "Was she talking about me? Was she?", oh how desperately she wanted to know if the words Destiny spoke was aimed towards her, and not some of the clothing the pair passed by. "Should I ask her? Should I? I don't know.", she truly wanted to know if those words spoken was aimed towards her, but, could she ask the woman? "Yeah, I already found something I like too.", she couldn't ask what she wanted but could make it obvious her words were directed at Destiny, and not at the apparel.

"Can't believe I said that!", her blush intensified at the words she spoke, yet, she felt a tingle of excitement run down her spine at the same time. Flirting is not something new to her, but this was the first time she ever meant such words. Knowing that there would be no way Destiny would mistake her words for something else felt thrilling! How would the woman react to such words? Would she reciprocate the feelings? Or would she find offense to them?

With the excitement still coursing through her, Jinx guided Destiny to the shirt and tops. "Do you have a preference?", she asked, turning her attention to Destiny, "I know some women like to buy shirts a little bit smaller to show off their assets.", it took some restraint not to look down at Destiny's chest. "I am one of those women, somewhat. I like my shirts and tops, at least those I wear in public, to be a little bit form fitting; like the one, I am currently wearing." Jinx let go of Destiny's hand, her fingers lingering a bit, "So, what do you prefer? I might be able to help you find something you like. And there is a dressing room a little bit further down from this isle where you can try anything you like on.", her voice trailing off as thoughts of watch Destiny changing flashed through her mind, "I would give you my honest opinion." With the thoughts still in mind, the tingling sensation being more prominent than ever, Jinx began sifting through the clothing racks looking for something that would suit Destiny.

Oh, Jinx, what are you doing!

Letting go of Destiny's hands,

[Exit]

1103[3014]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.