You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Lin

Lin

D-rank
Lin had sent a missive to each of her new pupils. She had picked each of them because they possessed talent and Kumogakure no sato needed talent. it needed people who would love it, become strong, and be merciful. Lin was hoping to teach them this. Gora lay down behind her, her eyes closed and her nose twitching. She was a 400 pound white panther, laying around Lin. Lin was on a small island made of dirt. It had been growing grass, and Lin had picked this spot because the roar of the falls was more of a hushed whisper, it whispered secrets to those who sat in Lin's spot. Mostly they were secrets of the past, but today, they whispered secrets of promise.

She hoped to instill in her new pupils a love for life, a sense of pride for their personal identities, and a sense of harmony both between violence and mercy. Lin had chosen to wear a white kimono. On her side, the only black part of her attire was her tonfa. She was either going to train them or get to know them, but they were fresh out of the academy. Perhaps she would teach them the way that Gin taught her.

Well, perhaps not, that wasn't very nice. Throwing Kunai at blindfolded genin was sortof... well, it did help, but it was almost sadistic. She sighed. what to do... These were new Genin, they needed direction. Perhaps just a meet and greet then.

Gora heard the first of them approaching before Lin did. Her eyes flared open, her pupils just barely slits, her ears forward and alert. One, at least, was here.

WC: 279

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Meet me where the water gouges the land at Mt. Ikkyu.

An island, and one with a rather poor ferry connection at that. Mizuki had to find the place first, and then needed to pay a ferryman, with the promise of some extra ryo, willing to bring her there. She had found someone, in the end, and was now on her way to the island.

For the occasion, she had picked her blue kimono with pastel pink borders from which a variety of white flowers sprouted to cover the edges of her kimono. Since her training in the academy, the genin exam and the missions, she hadn't really had the opportunity to wear it and decided thusly this meeting was just the right moment to change that.

In complete contrast to her elegant clothing, the black leather-wrapped scabbard of her katana rested against her hips, attached around her waist with the kimono's pink sash, as a testament of bukijutsu discipline. It wasn't that she hadn't tried to go out without it, but she just didn't feel complete without her trusted katana at her side.

As the ferry hit the island, Mizuki nimbly jumped out, paid the man who blinked at the completely out-of-place hop of the lady in front of him, proceeded to bow to him in apology and decided to set direction for the meeting place once he set off again. Now where was it? She hoped the island wasn't exactly huge as she wouldn't like to arrive way late while everyone else was there already.

Luckily, after a ten minute walk or so, she spotted something white. White and big, and extremely feline with that. Somewhat curious what a white panther was doing here, Mizuki careful came closer, hand already resting on her katana as a measure of comfort it was still there, and then spotted the white-haired human she was more familiar with - Lin-san.

Relieved she wouldn't have to fight a giant cat in her kimono - a fight she'd probably lose anyway - she walked into the clearing where Lin sat, and flashed a warm smile at her.

"Konnichiwa, Lin-san."

wc: 367

Momoko Hotaka

Momoko Hotaka

D-rank
"Praise Malkav, The Eater and Harbinger of the Final Nights"

A voice would declare, the sounds of whatever audible melody that came bringing itself to release Hotaka's eyes from the sweet nothingness, a Dreamland without dreams, and force him into a new view. This vision was one that was similar to the rest, where he would hear the name "Malkav" and see multiple figures gathered together, each one as unknowing about why they were here as the next, though still blindly following what the voices direct. Here he would stand, cloaked in a black robe of shadow, his yellow eyes glowing through the world he stood in. The surrounding world would be one of blacks and grays of varying shades, his glowing yellow eyes leaving a soft and short trail behind him as he looked around. "The air has lines of gray, the air is visible, the air isn't real!" He would blurt out within the confines of his own mind as he looked around, the barren grassland holding nothing more than a single tomb, one of which would have three others standing there.

Approaching the three, Hotaka would have to urge to see underneath them, so see what his dream was telling him, and so he shall. Pulling off the hood of the first, the shadows would fade, revealing a head of pure white hair, which would have splotches of red upon it, and skin as pale as the dead itself. In her hands hold a wilted white flower, one of which had odd stains upon it. "I am the one born to seek, to find that which cannot see, to speak to that which cannot talk, to make red that which is white. This is the message I carry." She would say before disappearing, her shadowy cloak falling and breaking apart at the same time, leaving not a trace behind, her own flower breaking down into dust.

Approaching the next, Hotaka would pull away the hulking figure's hood, revealing that which appeared to be a large pyramid over his head, blade in hand. "I kill those that the voices do not tell me to let live, I bring agony and misery in every step I bring. I am he that destroys innocence, a force of nature only subservient to Malkav. This is the message I bring." And with that, he too would begin disappearing, though unlike the female from before, he would break apart, bits and pieces of him falling off, as if he were being cut apart, until there would be nothing left but his great blade, and even that too, with time, faded away.

Reaching the final one, he would pull back the female's hood, revealing a face full of pleasure, and a head of flowing black hair. Tears would be streaming down her cheeks as within her right hand would be a serrated blade, which would be dragged along the skin on her left arm at random. "I am the one born from suffering, a budding flower, a torturer of lives, and a bringer of chaos. I am she that will come like the tide, and drown out the sorrows of those that oppose my torment. That is the message given to me by Malkav." And with that, like the waves crashing upon the shore, she would liquefy, leaving nothing but dripping blood behind as she would retreat into nothingness, and that too, would fade away.

All that would be left would be Hotaka and the tomb, the door of which would begin to open, only to reveal a final hooded figure, one of which stood there with nothing at all, waiting silently. Hotaka would approach the figure and reach for their hood, aiming to remove it, though he would back away with a cry as, suddenly, a large array of loud whispers came forth, accompanied by random images, some of which were horrific images of gore and suffering, while others were nothing at all, paintings or the past, or images of the future? "You are a lost child, one that has not yet taken the first step like my three children have, and many, many before them. The Seeker of that which cannot Seek, the Force of Nature, the Tide of Torment. These children and many, many more are children of Malkav, the Plague-Bride. Compared to them, your path is one that holds no destiny, and your impulses and instincts have been your masters until now."

"You will recall nothing of this, not until the time is right, not until you have taken your steps. Your brothers and sisters of madness are waiting, child. The Final Nights near, and yet another Harbinger must appear." With that, the whispers cease, leaving a deafening silence as Hotaka's surroundings would have a slow darkness crawl in, surrounding and eventually devouring Hotaka entirely, leaving him in darkness.

Eyes would open, and there Hotaka would be, seeing water around him and the land of a small island ahead. Waking up, he would feel odd, as if he had just heard something important. He guessed that would be a sign that he shouldn't eat before being taken across the water in a ferry, however. Too much noodles, needs more water. He would try to remember what he was doing out here and not at home where he rightfully belonged, cozied up on the floor, cuddling the leg of his beloved bed. Closing his bright yellow eyes and sticking his fingers in the spiked red hair of his, pushing the pointer fingers into the sides of his skull, Hotaka would try to remember what exactly brought him to be arriving here at this time, to be on his way to whatever unknown adventure that arrived. The priests would tell him that it was a God or the Sage of Six Paths that has brought him here, though his memory says otherwise. "Meet me where the water gouges the land at Mt. Ikkyu.", his noggin said to him as he recollected his memories, waking up fully.

"Ah, the squad, fresh fish, like friends!" He would say as he snapped his fingers happily as the ferry reached land, and he would begin stepping out. "Hey, w-what about my pay, you nut?!" The ferryman would ask, only for Hotaka to face the man, one foot on the shoreline. After staring at the man silently for a solid minute, doing nothing but smile at him, he would pull out a bag of ryo, handing it to the man. "You are a fine mermaid. Be off!" With that, he would step off of the boat entirely, allowing the ferryman to leave with haste. Thankfully his Guardian had connections, connections of which he was able to use to his advantage and find a ferryman that was able to take him here. Also, just as thankfully, he had decided to wear a blue hoodie with jeans and a pair of black boots, his pouch on his back right side. It was empty, of course, but still, it was something he liked wearing for fun.

He didn't expect to be doing any fighting, so he had left his battle apron at home, instead deciding to be happy with the clothes on his back and the jutsu he knows if training absolutely had to come. He figured however that, considering this was the first time they as a squad was meeting one another, that it wouldn't exactly come down to that, at least not right away. He wondered what their Sensei was like, actually, and if they had known anything about these whispers that he hears ever so constantly, which keep attempting to tell him things, to give him ideas, though only drowned one another out in a constant wave of white noise. If they could tell him more about it, perhaps he'll buy them something nice in order to make up for it, like a bird or something of the sort. Frankly, he would be excited to meet his Sensei and squad members. He can still recall being told about how because he has certain complications it may be harder for him to be assigned to a group, but take that daddy, you were wrong.

Soon enough, after spending some time wandering around, Hotaka would come across two others or, counting the furry white monster accompanying one of them, three others. Looking at them, he would see one of them would wear rather fancy clothing, one that consists of a blue kimono with pastel pink borders, a black leather-wrapped scabbard resting against her hips and around her pink waist sash. A sharp weapon, scary, Hotaka considered heading home to get a knife, but decided that the trip there and back would most definitely be too long, so instead he decided that he wouldn't just go out of his way to get sliced like week-old sushi. Just looking at the white beast next made the red-haired male raise his left arm, biting down on it, hard enough to begin breaking skin, though stopping at the last second. This small amount of release helped, as the anxiety he felt from the idea of facing that thing down was enough to make him tempted to hide behind the kimono sword wielder. 'The secrets bleed from the waters.' He would hear one of his whispers advise, though would ignore it. That isn't exactly useful information, even Hotaka can see that, and he's the one that constantly chews on himself.

Looking over to the other present stranger, the supposed keeper of the death cat, he would see that the only black part of her attire was seemingly some sort of blunt weapon, one of which he assumed would hurt if he got struck by it. 'So many dangerous things, and all I have are fingers..' he would think to himself as he would pull at the collar of his hoodie as he realized that he was the only one out of the them that are currently present that isn't wearing a kimono. Was there some sort of dress code he missed in the letter? Was there even a letter? Erratically waving his right hand in greeting to the two, he would bow shortly afterwards, speaking as he straightened himself back up. "Hello, soon-to-be friends." He would say in greeting, a friendly smile appearing on his face.

Wc 1742

Lin

Lin

D-rank
Lin watched as the first Genin approached, a girl, she looked closer. Oh, it was Raiu Mizuki-chan. She had danced with the girl before with Maigo and she offered a friendly smile, indicating that she could sit anywhere in front of her. She saw the hand go to the Katana, and then relax. Good, the girl knew that Gora wasn't a threat to her, she would probably send Gora to help her with the missions that she would be doing. Lin knew that there would be at least one more Genin that would be approaching soon. She had the feeling that she might be short one or perhaps two genin today.

Having signed up for new Genin recruits, and having been assigned them by a high ranking Jounin of the village, she knew that she would have to impress upon them that she was in charge... blah... blah... really she didn't like all of the formalities that came with being a squad leader. She would have one rule, if she was serious, or they were in battle, they would listen to her without question, otherwise... they could treat her as a friend, question her when they needed to, and glean as much from her as they thought necessary. "Ohaio Mizuki-chan, please have a seat anywhere in front of me, I think we should wait for the others before we begin. Or at least for one of them, it wouldn't be a team meeting if we were the only two, Ne?"

She sat back against Gora, settling into her fur, it was nice to have someone purring behind her. Gora could speak, but she seldom did, especially in the company of anyone new. She instead watched Mizuki with an interested, almost huntress-like look all the way until she was in front of Lin, she would watch until the next Genin, a young man by the name of Hotoka approached from the semi-wooded area of the island. Good, they did not dilly, nor did they dally. Lin smiled at the newcomer brightly.

"Welcome, Momoko-kun. You're just in time. The other, Mako-kun might not make it after all." She checked the sun, looking at Gora, who shugged. "Well, his loss then." She would get up, dusting some of the dirt off of her kimono and smiling at both of the new genin.

"First I think that there should be an exchanging of names, I am Katonrai, Lin, of the Guanyin clan." She smiled and bowed her head to the both of them slightly. She would continue, after they had introduced themselves, 'I would like for you both to show me, on these trees here, what jutsu that you know, and tell me afterwards which ones that you wish to learn from me before you become a chuunin. I know some Raiton jutsu, some Katon jutsu, and quite a few Medical Ninjutsu. I can spar with you, should you wish to train your Bukijutsu." She eyed the katana and then Mizuki saying this, "Or we can discover some other things through training, such as how far your endurance goes, how strong you can become, or how fast you can make yourself. But for now, this is more or less a meet and greet. I hate passing out rules, but as it is, the Jounin that assigned you both to be under me is a stickler for them, so my one rule is this: If we're on a mission, or in a battle-type situation, you will obey me to the T. If it means that you have to leave me to die to escape yourselves, you do it. If I tell you to let your fellow teammate die, you do it. If I say that we can't save someone, you don't try to do it. I don't want either of you to die, but my main role in missions is to keep casualties to a minimum. Which is why, I suppose, you have been assigned to a medical ninja's team."

wc: 978

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
While the white panther didn't budge much, Mizuki felt herself a bit unsettled with the way it tended to look at her. The predatory eyes of the feline had locked onto her, her gaze analysing her moves as if to determine whether Mizuki would make a fit prey for sports, or if she'd prove too strong and thus too much of a hassle to take down.

But there was also a hint of unknown intelligence within those eyes. As if she was not just deciding whatever was in front of her was worthy prey, but also as if she was pondering on which tactic she'd use to take down her potential prey, or what sort of tricks it might have up its sleeve.

While Mizuki wondered if this was one of those special trained ninneko, Lin snuggled up the big feline and made herself comfortable with such an ease Mizuki felt almost silly to have worried this much. Nonetheless, she was rather hesitant to go pet Gora by herself, and instead giggled at Lin's words about the team meeting for two.

When the other Kumo-nin entered the scene and greeted them, Mizuki politely returned his greeting with a bow. Lin then proceeded to introduce herself fully, along with a brief reveal of her repertoire on skills, a request to reveal hers and finally stating a single law. Though there was just one rule to follow, Mizuki already knew it would be one which would prove rather difficult to follow. By story or by experience, following rules blindly often clashed with her Raiu training to never leave the side of her appointed protegee - a Raiu would die before his protegee was left behind. Of course, in this case, Lin would have little need of the protection of a genin Raiu. She was a squad leader.

"Hai, Lin-san", she said, accepting Lin's one rule.

That being said, Mizuki made the mental note that she'd have to follow up every rule as given. Much like an oath, there was no turning point once sworn. She'd have to abide by the rule, or die trying.

"My name is Raiu Mizuki, genin of the likewise named Raiu clan.", she introduced herself with yet another bow. "As may be known, the Raiu are users of ninjutsu in the first place, with my strong point being Raiton, and then Suiton and Ranton next. However, despite our traditional training in our advanced release, my love lays more in kenjutsu and its associated iaijutsu."

She hesitated somewhat to reveal her interest in iryo jutsu, since that was intricately tied with the burden she carried about her mother's and her own illness. Especially now that her mother might not recover from her last attack, the interest in iryo jutsu had knocked on the door of her consciousness more than once. Perhaps learning it as she travelled in search for the knowledge of other villages would be a good idea. Maybe...

"I am somewhat interested in iryo jutsu...", she began, somewhat hesitant. "As I believe it would be good to improve upon the Village's knowledge with the jutsu of other Villages."

While she did aim for a diplomatic approach of such knowledge, she couldn't fool herself with the belief that she would never dare to steal such knowledge - the fear to lose her mother, and the desperation that washed over her when she lingered upon that fear for too long, would be a perfect incentive to infiltrate incognito just as much. She wished there would be no need for such actions, however.

wc: 603 + 367
=970

Momoko Hotaka

Momoko Hotaka

D-rank
Hotaka would smile in response to the friendly greeting he received, along with the assurance that he is just in time. That was good indeed, if he wasn't in time, he would have to punish himself, and he had left everything he could use for that purpose at home. Teeth chewing on flesh wasn't something comfortable, at least not when compared to the far cleaner alternative, not to mention he fears that sometimes it makes him look off, which is never good in these situations. Apparently they would have had a third member here, whose name was Mako, though they didn't appear at all. They must have gotten the wrong address, or the wrong island. Ah well, the votes have been cast, and they are not in favor of Mako, stay off the island.

What he assumed at this moment to be the squad leader would speak, introducing herself as Katonrai, Lin of the Guanyin Clan, bowing her head after she had introduced herself, seeming waiting on the next person to speak. No one would speak right away, however, leaving the big cat lover to continue, telling them that she wanted them both to show her what jutsu they know in the trees here, and which ones that they wish to learn from her before they became Chuunin. She mentioned knowing Raiton, Katon, and quite a few medical Ninjutsu, and she can also spar with them if they desired Bukijutsu. Hotaka would tilt his head at this. The recent discovery of his quick-fire being Raiton was quite disappointing, but if she has Raiton Ninjutsu to teach them, then at least he can further his studies in it, perhaps even be able to make fires from it as well! The idea was so nice sounding, to feel the warmth tickle his skin, his nerves screaming...

He would begin to hold a smile on his face at the thought of this as he seemingly stared blankly at seemingly nothing at all, though still listening as their leader would continue, mentioning how they can discover some other things through training, including their endurance, strength, and speed, though at the moment this was a meet and greet and nothing more. Like all boring meet and greets, this one also had included rules, rules that prevented one from carving away in the middle of the street, no doubt! But, then again, as Lin spoke, Hotaka would realize that this doesn't prevent any sort of self-serving he can perform on himself, perfect! The Jounin may have been a stickler for the rules, but they're voted off the island too! Go and sleep during the Final Nights with Mako! The one rule given is to always obey her, placing her as the great master, the one pulling the strings. Whether in mission or battle, if they have to leave her to die to escape, they will do it, if they let their teammate die, they do it, if they can't save someone, sucks for them, they were voted off as well.

She admits to not wanting either of them to die, but her main role is to keep casualties to a minimum, which is why they have been assigned to a medical squad. At this point, Hotaka would already have been chewing on his left forearm as he listened, gnawing and biting at the skin, ignoring the short flecks of pain that ensued as he persisted. As he would chew on, the other female, his squad mate, would introduce herself as Raiu Mizuki, a Genin of the Raiu Clan, bowing once more. He had no actual clear about the Raiu Clan or their actions and fame within the village, but thankfully he didn't have to stop chewing to ask, as Mizuki explained how they're users of Ninjutau in the first place, with her strong point being Raiton, Suiton, and an element called Ranton, the Storm Release. 'A storm goddess, a Susanoo..' He would think to himself as he stopped chewing on his arm, lowering the left arm to its side, where blood would begin to trickle down it as he looked at her with interest.

Her love lies in Kenjutsu and Iaijutsu, which is fair enough, he supposes. As Genjutsu was his dark mistresss, those two specializations were hers, and he can't judge her for that. Everyone has their specialities, just as he's sure she can destroy him physically, he was sure that mentally he can raise hell. She would mention an interest in Iryo Jutsu, believing it to be good to improve upon the village's knowledge with the jutsu of other villages. Hotaka himself would wave with his right hand, smiling at the other two present and the hulking death-beast that was near one of them. "Momoko Hotaka, of the Clan of nothing. I was adopted by a priest, so no known special blood in this vial, only presences that want me to obey." He would begin as he looked at his left forearm for a moment. This feeling was something that placed him at ease, and just by looking at the bite wound, his shoulders seeming relaxed as his smile lessened, his eyelids dropping slightly as he became more relaxed, the high kicking in.

Looking back at the other two, he had decided to continue. "We use Ninjutsu and Genjutsu, though Genjutsu is my favorite out of the two. Medical? I'd be delighted to learn it, as long as I'm not dead by then, that wouldn't let me spread my perspective, the whispers, and they demand to come, we, demand to come, and come indeed I will! I can only focus on one element at a time, and apparently that's Raiton, and that's all with that introduction, death-beast Lin and lady Susanoo." He would look at a nearby tree, wondering if it even had a mind for him to toy with. Could Genjutsu even work on trees? He was the type to try to find out, but then again, why risk it when he can perform a seemingly harmless demonstration that wouldn't even harm his squad mate.

Looking back at the storm bringer, Hotaka would nod towards her, forming the dog seal all the while. "While trees seem like strong opponents of nature, I am not the type to have anything directly devastating on me. Lady Mizuki, would you kindly please walk over here and slap me. Not as hard as you can, you could probably break me, but a standard amount would do." He would request, performing the dog seal all the while, seemingly preparing himself for his demonstration.

Wc 1116

Twc 2858

Lin

Lin

D-rank
"I'm pleased you understand." She said to them both as they acknowledged what she said. She smiled at Mizuki as she said that she had a want to learn Iryojutsu and all that came with it. Well, that was fine, but did she have the talent for it yet? Perhaps better to teach them ninjutsu than anything else at this moment.

"I will teach you what I can, but Medical ninjutsu is very hard for those who do not have precise chakra control. Therefore, I would caution you using it yourself until you get the hang of your own body, and how to control yourself. I could show you some techniques, but I am afraid some might be a bit too advanced for you both."

Being called "Death Beast" was certainly interesting, and seemed to make her more intimidating than she thought of herself as being. She sighed and stretched, looking upward before back to the genin. She had a lot of work ahead of her, but it seemed as though they were to be good students.

Then the boy said something to Mizuki that threw her for a loop. "I can patch you up, but I do not want you to cause serious harm to one another. After all, we're not here to make rivals, but to foster bonds between teammates."

WC: 1211

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Hearing Momoko Hotaka speak was like solving a new riddle with every sentence he spoke. At first, Mizuki thought he was just being funny, but his cryptic sentences just kept coming out with a fluency she could only consider as him being either very creative, or very concerning. To make matters worse, he spoke in plural form and mentioned the presence of 'whispers' like it was the most normal thing in the world.

Hearing herself being referred to as 'Lady Susanoo', then, made her blink. To be called a lady was rather charming, but to be named after a male divine of storms? That... she wasn't sure how to receive that. Sure, she got the reference between her Storm Release and Susanoo, but that was a poor association if she ever heard one. She wondered what Lin-san thought about her nickname of 'Death Beast' too, but considering that this was a meet and greet between the squad members, she assured herself that this all had to be just a jest of sorts.

As he proceeded to ask her for a slap, Mizuki was sure she had heard it all now. Who would ever ask to be slapped anyway? Was this how guys proved themselves towards each other? Did he, after the Susanoo reference, think she was a guy? He better not be. No matter, riddles and odd manners aside, she couldn't shake off the feeling something was wrong with this guy. Not so much that he was a spy or anything, trying to hide true intent, but rather like he lived in an entirely different world no one would ever be able to understand.

Just as she wanted to refuse harming or humiliating him with a slap in the face, Lin-san stated she could patch them up, though serious harm wasn't allowed. Not that she had that much strength anyway. Her slaps, even if she poured all her strength into it, would merely leave five red lines on his cheek and an uncomfortable sting. Since he had already formed the Dog seal, she stepped forward to indulge him, holding back her worried thoughts behind a smile.

"I'm sorry if this will hurt.", she apologised beforehand, then aimed to give him a healthy smack on the cheek as he had requested. She was curious what he was about to do since he had mentioned genjutsu was his favourite skill. As she knew from personal experience the Dog seal was often used in Suiton techniques, she was curious how a Raiton user as Hotaka would apply the Dog seal in a situation as this.

wc: 438 + 970
= 1408

Momoko Hotaka

Momoko Hotaka

D-rank
Hotaka could hear his sensei claim that she can patch him up, but to not cause serious harm to one another as they were not here to make rivals, but to create bonds between teammates, and believe him, he wanted nothing more than some bonds. He wasn't voted off of the island, he was allowed to stay, and so as a result he wanted nothing more than to bond with the other two as well. The death beast? Not as much, but hopefully after a mouse or three it too, can bond. It seemed that all participants of this party was into the request as well, what with his asking for it, Lin's giving them both permission, the cat doing nothing, and Mizuki's seemingly already stepping forward, smiling in response to his own smile. This was his magic trick, and they were the audience. He only hopes that he is as skilled a magician as he is a Genjutsu user, and even then, he only hoped it would be better than nothing.

Lady Susanoo seemed to be nice enough overall, what with her apologizing before she was going to smack him. Honestly, even though he requested a slap, he expected a punch or a kick, but she seemingly followed his request to the letter! How obedient, how nice. She was clearly more obedient than the absent one, he didn't even know how to exist on time. There's lazy, and then there's being too lazy to exist lazy. All in all, even as the hand collided with his cheek, his head immediately turning from the impact, and the red mark that would be left behind from it, his Genjutsu would be activated. Through Mizuki's eyes it would almost appear as though she had struck him hard enough to leaving him breaking the dog seal, holding the side of his face in pain, but this was the trick, and his actual form would be holding onto the side of his face in pain, the stinging sensation already overcoming him, but would quickly subside.

His true self, the version of him that Mizuki shouldn't be able to see, would move away from where he stood, walking instead towards Lin, where he would stop along the way approximately three meters away from Mizuki, smiling to her as he held the side of his face. The version of him that she could see would still be in front of her, though only for a small while longer before it would break, and the copy of him would disappear, leaving his true self, the version the moved away, behind. "Like water I floated away, but for you, hopefully, it was like I never moved. Ta da, that's my magic trick!" He would exclaim as he would stand there, looking from Mizuki to Lin, back to back, before stopping his eyes upon Lin. "This one isn't very skilled outside of this, a bucket that made its first scoop from the well." Such a statement would be true, as well. He had only just recently began tapping into what he could do with the Genjutsu, what he can dream of, and how he could begin sharing what he can feel with others. This was just part of the first step, something harmless, but when his foot presses down and he begins tapping into the arts, he knows for a fact that this will be little more than a simple trick in comparison.

"What about you, storm? What can you do?"

Wc 592
Twc 3450

Spoiler:

Lin

Lin

D-rank
Lin tilted her head as the exchange happened, Mizuki apologizing before the act, and slapping the other young genin. Gora watched the two intensely, ready to jump in and carry one to safety if things should get out of hand. She watched as Mizuki's eyes glazed over, her mind being trapped by his genjutsu and as he walked over to reveal that he was indeed in a different place, she found it to be a good use of Genjutsu. The juxtaposition of ones self away from the fray was just the sort of things that she could use in battle. It truly was too bad that she wasn't talented at all in the art of Genjutsu. Oh well.

"Well, that's an interesting Genjutsu to be sure,
and it seems like it would have a good use in battle if you are indeed a long range attacker."
Lin nodded, "Or useful in getting away. Though, it doesn't seem like it lasts very long." She looked to Mizuki expectantly, wondering how she felt after being under the effects of the Genjutsu.

WC: 1400

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Her slap hit Hotaka straight in the face with the healthy 'smack' sound to boot. She could see five red stripes reveal itself as he painfully rubbed his cheek. She hadn't meant to slap him this hard! Mizuki looked at him with a hint of incertitude, but as she wanted to apologise, Hotaka disappeared and suddenly stood next to Lin. Of course. Genjutsu. He had revealed himself to be a gen-user, so she should have expected that. Rather than to apologise, she bowed towards the real Hotaka with a smile.

"That is a useful technique, Hotaka-kun. Even in close combat, such genjutsu could prove dangerous for the opponent."

The combination of briefly catching one in this genjutsu and then strike from a blind spot... perhaps not something higher ranked ninja would fall for, but that trick could provide a good edge during combat in the chuunin exams. A pity she couldn't pick up the occasional genjutsu technique without the need to commit fully to its training.

Hotoka then requested what trick she knew, and she pondered upon the question. Naturally, Ranton was her thing but she knew precious few jutsu making use of her advanced technique. She mostly could manipulate water into fog and small thunder clouds but that would hardly prove its use during a real fight unless she needed it for one of her jutsu. She did have that one jutsu though. The Ranton version of the one Alwen had shown her.

"I can show you my back-up weapon for the occasions where I'd loose my trusted katana."

Mizuki formed the seals of her jutsu - Dragon, Dog and Snake - and clapped her hands together. As the molded Ranton chakra tried to escape, a bright glow revealed itself from between her palms. Opening them, water and lightning chakra fought with each other in a race to shape the katana. Finishing the jutsu, the water chakra which had first been wobbly and unstable had now formed the smooth surface of the blade and the solid shape of a hilt in which the lightning chakra coursed at incredible speed. Like a star, the katana emitted an unmistakable shine with minuscule tendrils of heat escaping its surface.

"Storm Release. Starlight Katana.", she shared the jutsu's name. "A friend taught the basics of weapon creation styles, so I made it into a Ranton version for myself."

A bit of a silly name, considering storms had little to do with stars, but the jutsu would not be one easily copied and it had the added benefit to scorch whatever the katana cut due to its chakra nature. Besides, she liked stars.

Allowing the star-katana to fizzle in a flash, she flashed a smile and looked at Lin. Would she know Mizuki had meant Alwen when she referred to her friend? Perhaps so. Lin probably knew Alwen better than she did. Dropping the subject in her mind, a playful smile played on her face and she bowed towards Lin.

"Lin-san, what interesting technique do you have to share with us?"

A bit cheeky to ask perhaps, but she was genuinely curious about the techniques of an iryo-nin with a combat pet the size of Gora.

Chakra 140/150:

wc 540 + 1408
= 1948

Lin

Lin

D-rank
She blinked as she saw the weapon that was made of what looked to be water that was charged with electricity. What a cool technique! The name was interesting too. If only Lin didn't get every little detail of her jutsu from Gora.

She hoped that it didn't show itself in the future, as it was quite embarrassing to be called "cat-girl" or other such names, and she sighed.

Lin tilted her head, what an odd question. She turned to Hotaka, who seemed to be getting tired, and said, "Why don't we go ahead and go out where the shore is for this one?
I don't want to damage anything I can't repair. Hotoka, why don't you stay here with Gora?"

She would take Mizuki out to the edge of the island. She took off her shoes and wiggled her toes in the sand. It was a good day to do so, she thought, and the roar of the waterfall was close, the spray clinging to her clothes and her skin. She felt invigorated.

She started forming the signals, as slowly as a genin, showing Mizuki how to do the technique seal by seal, starting with the Tiger, then the horse, then the dragon, then the snake, then the horse again, then the ox, then the tiger once more. She opened her mouth and shouted "Fiery Feline Jutsu!"

she opened her mouth and a kitten erupted out of it, as its paws hit the water, the steam from it exploded outward. It was a full fledged mimic of Gora, a white hot one. It growled and stared at Mizuki, before leaping into the water, creating a gout of steam that rose 30 feet into the air from the heat interacting with the cool water of the river that surrounded them.

"I can keep it up for up to 18 seconds, but you get the picture, it is quite the skill for use of subduing, and I suppose if needed, killing people. But I haven't used it on anyone yet, nor do I intend to without a reason to."

WC: 1765

Chakra: 270/300:

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Mizuki followed Lin towards the beach. The area here had a distinct fresher feeling, mostly because the wind here wasn't held back as much as it was more inland. The gentle rushing of the ebb and flow had, despite its noise, a calming effect.

Mizuki followed the hand seals that Lin performed, so slowly, as if intentionally wishing her to follow them despite its high rank, and after the fifth seal, Mizuki frowned as the jutsu seals just kept coming. What rank was this that it counted this many hand seals? A rank? S rank? After the seals were done, a white, hot Gora appeared out of Lin's mouth and growled briefly at her. The air above the Gora mimic didn't only vibrate from the heat, Mizuki could feel it as well. And as it hopped towards the sea to create a gout of steam, Mizuki's eyes turned to saucers at the realisation of what heat this katon jutsu actually emanated.

"Woah... so much heat. I'm almost afraid to ask what it could do to someone's flesh. Uhm, don't answer, it's probably not a pretty sight."

Well, the killing factor sure was there, but how exactly did such a katon kitten subdue a target without actually killing him? From the looks of it, that seemed... impossible? Yet, a raiton version of it might do the trick. Offensive enough to chase and hunt down, useful enough to trap or paralyse them? Mizuki wasn't too sure how it would work exactly as such jutsu were way beyond her league yet.

It had picked her curiosity though. The potential of such high rank jutsu, but also what other tricks Lin had up her sleeve. After all, Mizuki couldn't mold katon chakra, and she wasn't too sure if Lin had any suiton or raiton.

"You're a katon user. What other elements do you know? I got suiton, raiton and ranton, but if we had a matching element, perhaps we could share a few jutsu in time?"

This would be rather pointless at her current rank. Lin probably didn't need genin rank jutsu, and Mizuki couldn't even use jounin rank jutsu, but who knew what the future would bring?

wc 378 + 1948
= 2326

Lin

Lin

D-rank
"Well, you see it-" Lin started before she was cut off, she apparently didn't want to know the answer to the question, well that suited her just fine, it was kindof a gory type of detailed information anyhow.

The Gora jutsu was released as soon as it dropped a couple meters in the water, no use maintaining it. She blinked, what other elements did she know? Well, she knew lightning, of course, but she wanted to learn Suiton, should she tell her? Oh why not.

"I am a Raiton user, I toyed with the thought of using suiton, or possibly doton as my tertiary element, though, I am kindof a slacker in that regard. Perhaps you could show me a couple of the techniques that you know from Suiton, and I'll decide whether I want to study it or not." She smiled, "But for now, what kind of technique did you want to learn? I have numbing techniques, shielding techniques, piercing jutsu, which i use on my senbon, but you could use on other things... uh.." She put a finger to her bottom lip, depressing it a bit as she looked up, she was on the spot and felt it, a bit. This was a new student, a new person that she had to interact with. She sighed, "Restraining ones, ones that boost your capabilities, let's see... and... and of course ones that you can use to harm people." She smiled at Mizuki, "Most of my jutsu are of low rank,
and I need to figure out how to train some of the higher ones, I have been working on a jutsu to revive the dead... the raiton ones are limited to the ones that I talked about though, and really it is versatile, as long as you can and do know about the human body, that is."

She smiled, she was much more versatile with the jutsu that she had with Raiton than with any other element. She wanted to learn another, now, to choose between Fuuton, Suiton, or Doton. She always wanted to push people away, and fuuton was the best for that, but suiton allowed for lightning to travel along it, and she could enhance her own abilities with it. The plaintive finger was still against her bottom lip, waiting for her student's answer. Hopefully she would be able to tell her what she wanted, perhaps not.

WC: 2184

((OOC: I have 4 posts, and I think this makes 5, now to get 6000 words, I will just need to noodle around with my exit post, two more posts for you, and I should be good, I think we're going to say that the other person is inactive, and so he doesn't count.))

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Lin had raiton? Now that was interesting. Mizuki's element was raiton as well, unlike that of her sister who had suiton, and her parents had always stated she was a bit similar to lighting herself. Straight-forward, fast, powerful. It had been one of the reasons why they were more severe with her - she needed the discipline to rile in herself so as not to needlessly hurt others.

To meet someone else aside her family that could work with raiton was a welcome sight. Not that she disliked her family, but most of them followed somewhat the same path and perceptions due to their upbringing. And when Lin started to name up all the sorts of raiton jutsu she knew, Mizuki's mind almost exploded. Lin had as much versatility with raiton as her sister had with suiton.

A little surprised and overwhelmed, Mizuki wasn't really able to decide on which one she'd like. In all fairness, they all sounded interesting. Numbing, piercings, restraining, damaging. All of those seemed useful when it would come to taking out targets without necessarily needing to kill them. However, she wasn't too sure what she meant with 'knowing about the human body'. Mizuki had her kenjutsu training, but was that enough?

Clearing her mind to push back the overwhelming feeling, Mizuki guessed it might be of use if she started with explaining and showing Lin what she knew about Suiton. While she did know a few of them, she wasn't that much of an expert. "I know Suiton, but it's my weaker element of the two. I really need to improve it if I'm willing to enhance my ranton.", she explained as a subtle apology. "I only know three suiton techniques, two of which are rather common and one that I have made myself. There's the Hidden Mist Technique and Seafoam, and Bubblegum's my own creation as a sort of defence against ranged attacks."

Guessing that words wouldn't say much about the suiton techniques without an example, Mizuki performed the handseals required for each of them, one by one. She started showing Lin the Seafoam technique, by creating a dozen invisible baseball-sized globules. Before allowing them to pop, she explained it's use. "It's a good jutsu to distract the target, though I guess it won't do as much against seasoned shinobi since it requires some sort of element of surprise." As she ended her sentence, the globules popped with a rather startling sound all around Mizuki. "That's it. The jutsu doesn't do more, but I guess good timing could make it a viable technique in combat."

Next up was the Hidden Mist Technique. She hadn't really used that one, but she guessed that it could provide an interesting diversion to find cover, escape or engage a target. While she loved the technique, Mizuki's only concern was the fact she couldn't see within the mist herself. Molding suiton chakra once more, Mizuki breathed out a mist-like substance from her mouth, shrouding both of them in mist briefly before dissipating it again.

"It generally expands more than this, but I didn't want to conceal the whole area for a demonstration. I think the jutsu has its uses, but I can't see anything through it myself. Perhaps you'll be better off with Gora by your side." Lastly, there was her own technique. While its intentions were to hamper ranged attackers, it also formed the base of a raiton technique she was still working on. "This is Bubblegum. It's supposed to make ranged attacks more difficult, but it's somewhat untested yet. And it also forms the base for a raiton jutsu I'm still working on."

She formed the required handseals and blew a bubble of suiton as if she was blowing up a piece of bubblegum. The bubble of water surrounded her, creating a 360° dome of flowing water that somewhat distorted her actual position.

"As you can see, this bubble is about 2 meters away from me, which means that anyone engaging or disengaging in close quarters with me will end up wet. If that doesn't annoy them enough, I can infuse the bubble and their wet form with a raiton jutsu of my choice."

She left the explanation at that, dropping the bubble of water around her. Mizuki was fairly certain Lin could determine the effects of the jutsu if it were to be combined with a raiton technique of any sort. While her initial idea was to create a raiton infusion for her katana that would punish those that parried her attacks while all together infusing nearby water bodies with the same properties.

Feeling the sudden strain of having molded all this chakra on a short notice, Mizuki took a deep breath, hiding the beginnings of a yawn. There were still so many other techniques she wanted to add though. She wondered if Lin wouldn't know them by chance, since most of those were rather commonly known techniques.

"As for my raiton techniques, I picked up 'Arc Restraint', 'Lightning Rod' and 'Shock Bullets', but I'd like to add a few more I think I might be able to learn with my level of skill.", feeling that she was rambling on about herself, she closed her mouth for a moment. "Ah... What did you think about Suiton? Did it pique your interest?"

There certainly were even more uses to suiton than what she had shown, but as a genin she didn't really have the possibilities, chakra or mastery to show those as she'd have liked. She hoped Lin would have a better picture of suiton's nature than she did.

965 + 2326
= 3291

Chakra 100/150:

((I counted the posts. You got 6 posts, and this is my 6th as well. I don't mind hanging around for more posts if it helps you out with getting the 6000 wc line. I can probably use the wc myself for a bunch of incoming library jutsu I'd like to add.))

Lin

Lin

D-rank
Lin watched as Mizuki performed the seafoam technique, one that Lin hadn't seen beforehand, and it was an amazing technique for a genin. It would certainly serve her well in the future, as it startled Lin, and she was ready for the noise. It was just the shock that she would need, even in a Jounin clash, to throw the opponent off kilter for only a moment, and win a clash, or perhaps surprise her opponent into letting their guard down, or put it up into the appropriate place. All of these she wanted to say, but held it for the show, she was apparently getting an introduction to the Suiton world.

She nodded as Mizuki made her hand seals again, this time it was a technique that she had seen before. It reminded her of, "This reminds me of Syn. He was a shinobi of the village hidden in the clouds before I met you, or before I believe you graduated. He was a jounin, and a man after my heart at the time." A sad smile and a bit of self-doubt crept into her eyes, "He was killed by a skilled shinobi named Nozomi. They were battling for their respective villages, so I do not blame either party. Really, Nozomi wanted to release the people that were falsely imprisoned by Sanosuke as Ayakashi ordered, and he wanted to protect the citizens of Kumogakure.
"

She shook her head, and waved away the sadness that built up there. There was another technique that Mizuki showed her, one with the most promise in it. Lin watched as the bubble expanded all around her. If she could learn to charge it with Raiton, or perhaps make it a "heavier" water like she knew some Suiton users could do, she could make this into a formidable jutsu indeed! "That's an interesting one, if you were to use Raiton in it, you could burn your opponents before they even got the chance to get close to you. Or you could infuse it with Raiton to the degree that it could divert missiles before they reach you as well. Really it has a lot of uses, especially later on in your Shinobi Career. I am surprised to find such ingenuity within the new generation, and it is actually quite heartening.
"

Lin scratched her head, and tilted it, the sun was about at the... two o'clock position? That meant they had time for her to demonstrate some of her own jutsu. She nodded, "This one I used on my very first mission, actually." She performed the hand seals painfully slow, making sure that Mizuki could follow them, it was a simple technique, but it could be used in tandem with that bubble technique, as Mizuki moved back, they could be shocked and pushed back.

Lin's fingers started to crackle with electricity, and the power of using a jutsu filled her. She tossed up a rock, roughly the size of her palm and placed her hands in front of her, letting a huge amount of lightning flow out of them. It was mainly a flashy jutsu, nothing too serious, and she could have used it on Mizuki had she had her permission beforehand. The rock, being about 3 pounds, flew 10 meters into the water, super-charged by the technique. "It's called the 'wave of inspiration' though it doesn't feel very inspired, as it is one of the more commonly used ones that you will have in your repertoire. I have seen it magnified by ten times, blasting people back, stunning them, but this is the first step towards that." She nodded, gathered herself for another jutsu.

"The next one is one that I used a lot in my youth, and you don't need a certain element to use." She smiled, placed her hands together, making the necessary seals, Dragon, into rat, into horse, into Tiger, she slammed her hand into the ground, the rocks beneath her stretched and elongated to 10 senbon, she smiled "Ninja art, Tile Shuriken can be used and you can't control them after you shoot them." she pointed to a tree in the distance, and the senbon took off in a forty five degree arc, plunking into the tree from where she was standing, "Takes a lot of practice to do that, but you can do it with enough."

"The next ones, I would like your permission to use you as a dummy, you won't get the full effect without using yourself as a baseline." If she elicited a yes from mizuki, she would start making more hand seals and would charge one of her senbon, tossing it at Mizuki, her leg would go completely numb if she allowed it to hit her. Additionally, if she did NOT allow Lin to make her a pincushion for her jutsu, she would create the chakra-infused senbon and jam it into her own leg, making it go numb.

"This is called the 'numbing senbon.' I made it up, and as you can imagine, if it hits, or if you're in close combat and you can make one of your opponent's limbs numb, it hinders their movement or their combat capabilities considerably." She would then release the chakra attached to the senbon, and snap through a couple hand seals and make a pistol with her fingers. She would snap off a couple of bolts to the affected area, completely getting rid of the numbing feeling.

"That would be 'healing bolts' I actually got the inspiration for that from the shock bullets, only they heal people, rather than harm them. Well, that is, unless you’re a member of the Guanyin clan, then they can deal, well, not so deadly damage.” She smiled, looking to see if Mizuki was ready for more of a demonstration. If she seemed like it, she would make another set of hand-seals and hold up another chakra infused senbon. It looked like the other one, the electricity arcing from the tip of the needle to the knuckles on Lin’s hand.

She tossed it at Mizuki, aiming for her upper torso. If it made contact, she would feel a surge of chakra throughout her system, almost like an electrical impulse was sent directly to her nerves. "This one is called the 'adrenaline senbon.' I use it to increase my reaction time,
it basically adds another layer to the peripheral nervous system, and allows me to react a bit quicker to outside stimuli, I have been working on another,
more powerful version of this one, and I want to make sure that it actually does what it means to do. This one you should be able to use though."
If the senbon missed, she would hold up another senbon, "This one will be a shield against jutsu, if you would hold still, I will go ahead and throw it at you, it is used in combat, shielding from the more minor of the jutsu that you will face. Though, it probably could withstand one or two of the assaults from your current jutsu."

She would toss this one at Mizuki as well, aiming for her torso, A thin layer of electricity would shoot out of Mizuki's pores, and a hum of electricity would be surrounding her if she would choose it. "You can will it off, if you need to let someone else's jutsu in, but keep it up if you want." Lin would say, assuming that Mizuki had let her do the shield on her.

WC: 3,495

Chakra Remaining 205/300:

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
As she showed her jutsu, Mizuki listened to Lin's comments and stories, absorbing the suggestions as they came to store them away in her memory. She'd be able to think about those during her meditation, try out techniques in her mind battles, altering a few or combining others to see what potential it had. She smiled faintly when she heard Lin compliment her self-made style though, blushing just a little bit, even. While she hadn't found too many uses just yet, hearing a jounin muse about possible uses and empowerment was quite inspiring.

Having finished her own series of jutsu, Lin took over to show a few of her favourites in raiton. Making sure to carefully imprint the hand seals Lin was making, Mizuki mimicked the moves in her mind. Wave of Inspiration. It seemed like such a trivial jutsu in her eyes, but her sensei said it served an important base to future improved versions. While Mizuki couldn't see it just yet, she blamed it upon her inexperience in jutsu use, deciding it might perhaps be a good idea to pick it up nonetheless.

Dragon, Rat, Horse, Tiger. Tile Shuriken was the following in line, creating ten senbon out of the ground which Lin threw away with a precision she found opposing to the words she had stated. It couldn't be controlled. Even if Mizuki could see its uses, she didn't really like the idea of a jutsu she could barely control. Besides, when it came to weapon jutsu, she already had hers in case she lost them.

For the third one, Lin requested her permission. A little perplexed, Mizuki tilted her head in curiosity but decided that it'd be fine. She highly doubted Lin would do anything harmful of the sort that would kill her anyway. Seeing the hand seals being formed, Lin then pricked her leg with a senbon. Not sure what it was supposed to do at first, she waited for its effe- aaaaand, fell her leg suddenly go dormant. Much like those times where she hadn't exactly been sitting or lying correctly and felt a thousand stings tingle through her limb.

Mizuki shifted her weight to her other leg since the numbed one refused proper service, and saw Lin shoot a few raiton bullets at it. Too late for her to cry out about her kimono, she was about to frown and pout only to realise no harm was done. She looked questioningly at Lin, who explained she had turned shock bullets into a similar yet different form: 'healing bullets'.

Feeling that her senses return to her leg, Mizuki shifted her weight once more. If anything, the senbon jutsu worked wonders. She'd have to figure out how she could apply those while wielding a katana, but if anything they would serve a great purpose even as a temporary distraction. That said, Mizuki was curious who these 'Guanyin' were and why they could turn such a healing skill into a damaging one.

"Who are the Guanyin, exactly?"

They didn't sound like a Kumo clan. She knew those. But if they were able to somehow reverse healing into offensive means, that meant they had twice the power with one specialisation. A dangerous clan, if anything. After hearing the explanation, Mizuki was ready for the next jutsu.

The Adrenaline Senbon was an intriguing one, but she wasn't sure she fully understood the whole explanation of it. Peripheral nervous system. While she had an ounce of an idea what it was, she suspected Lin's medical knowledge allowed her to work with it on a much deeper and precise level than what Mizuki would ever be able to do. Nonetheless, the idea of having for herself or for a partner in a mission was certainly something she could appreciate. To register outer stimuli even faster... She smiled dreamily.

Lastly, there was a shielding raiton senbon. A most curious thing, since she hadn't considered raiton to work defensively in a form as this. To her, even a defensive raiton jutsu would seem oddly offensive. More like a counter attack than a real defence. Seeing the raiton course just a little above her skin after the senbon had pricked her, she eyed the distance and matched it with her Bubblegum. It didn't seem expansive enough by far, and neither was she really sure it would actually affect the bubble in question. Granted, throwing a senbon was a ranged attack, and it was a raiton ability hitting a suiton jutsu, but...

"Would this jutsu work with Bubblegum? Because if it did, it would be a most useful one to have. Either way, there are a few I'd like to learn, if that is alright with you, Lin-san. Namely, 'Inspiration Wave' and the three senbon techniques you showed."

There were still other jutsu she wanted to know though, and Mizuki wondered if those were jutsu Lin knew as well. It was worth asking while they were exchanging jutsu.

"There's a couple other jutsu still I'm interested in. Perhaps you know these? One's the 'Body Flicker Technique', and the other is ah... Raiton, Javelin. I think? Would you know those, by chance, Lin-san?"

wc: 879 + 3291
= 4170

Chakra 100/150:

((Can't learn numbing senbon despite asking though - don't have medic jutsu D: ))

Lin

Lin

D-rank
"Ah the guanyin... well, my mother told me about them when I was a little girl. Actually, let's start from the beginning. See, I was healing a cat that had broken its leg in a fight with another one when a dog rushed me, bowling me over and snatching the cat away from me. I was little, and didn't have much control over my emotions, or my chakra at the time. The first thing that I remember was my hands burning, and then a bright flash of deep red light, almost like the sun going through your eyelids, if you've ever had that happen. Anyhow, I woke up, my hands were torn and bleeding, and so was the cat and dog, they both were limping away from me, fear stuck in their eyes. I ran to my mom and explained what had happened, and she wiped away my tears, healing my hands and said, "Ah, so you have the power of the Guanyin in you, just like me. I didn't know or I would have told you sooner, I am sorry sweetie." She picked me up, put me in her lap and explained that the Guanyin have the ability to, when they are angry or scared, manipulate healing energy for a darker purpose, making it burn, cut, or even rot away flesh. I was a guanyin. I have used it in many missions,
and now can control whether or not I use my healing powers for good or for... well... for less than good purposes."

Lin's shoulders slumped a little and she bit her lower lip. She remembered the times that she had gone into battle, had killed a werewolf with her cursed power of the Guanyin, had tortured information out of people... had done things worse than killing to get information out of Kumogakure.

"The closest that I can get to showing you,
without hurting you would be to do this."
She sat down and meditated, conjuring up a clone. The clone waved and ran over to the trees, it pointed, summoned up the chakra and roared. The tree in front withered and died, rotted, and fell to the ground, the two trees behind it lost their leaves and their branches snapped, the trees behind those had their leaves turn brown and fall to the ground. The clone snapped back to Lin, her chakra returning to her, and she looked back up at Mizuki. "It's not an elemental sort of damage, but it is basically, on a cellular level, the self-destruction of tissues,
bones, and other systems. It seems to work on all things,
making them rot in the same manner as if I were to heal them"

She nodded to the second question, "As for those techniques, yes I do have them. Let me show you so that you can train them on your own." She showed Mizuki the new skills, one at a time.

She started with the Raiton Javelin. "Here goes nothing!" She gulped and wove the hand seals, three in a row before a spark lit her palm, she tossed it up, and it circled her body, the next one she made circle her shoulder and then the third she made circle her forehead. She giggled as they danced around her and she nodded, "This is my favorite part." She held out her left hand, her dominant one, and they coalesced into a spear, roughly five feet in length. She hucked it at the lake, and it sparkled and sizzled with electricity.

"And now for the body flicker technique." She nodded and concentrated, "Shushin no jutsu!" She disappeared in a puff of lightning blue smoke to appear behind Mizuki. She tapped on her shoulder and smiled, "You need to concentrate a lot of chakra into your feet, and legs. It's sortof like... the water walking tachnique.
Though, you let it out in a burst rather than gradually. It takes a bit less control, but you have to be able to build it up and release it when you want. Otherwise you end up stuck in a branch or something."
She blinked, thinking of how to explain it, "It's not teleportation, per se, more of... a way to make your opponents think that you have teleported."

WC: 4776

Name: Shadow [/color]Doppelganger Technique (影分身の術 ~ Kage Bunshin no Jutsu)
Canon/Custom: Canon
Type: Supplementary
Element: None
Range: The clone can be created up to 6 meters away from the user.
Specialty: Ninjutsu
Duration: Until all clones are dispersed
Cooldown: Three posts after clones are dispersed.
Description: Shadow Doppelganger Technique creates up to 4 clones of the user. Unlike the regular Bunshin, these clones are actual copies, not illusions. The user's chakra is evenly distributed among every clone, giving each one an equal fraction of the user's overall power. Because they are created this way, even the Sharingan and Byakugan can't distinguish them from the original. The user of this technique must form a hand sign to create the clones, they cannot form them simply by will. The clones will be created in roughly the same physical condition as the original (wounds and buffs/debuffs/special effects present on the user are copied over upon creation); also, the user must equally divide their chakra among the clones, potentially using up all their chakra quickly if the user is low on chakra or makes too many clones. The clones are capable of performing techniques on their own and can even bleed. They can also disperse on the user's whim. A characteristic that is unique to the Shadow Clone Technique is that any experience the clones gain during their existence is transferred to the user once they are dispersed. This makes the technique ideal for spying, since the user can simply send a clone to spy on a target, then have the clone disperse itself without returning to pass the information back to the user. Anomalistically, Kagebunshin are immune to the paralytic effects of Genjutsu B-rank and below. The user regains the chakra the clone had if and only if s/he disperses it of his/her own will; it takes a 1 post prep to disperse.

When you create a shadow clone, your chakra is divided among it/them. For example, let's say you're a Chuunin with max chakra. Your current chakra, 200, would be reduced by 20 for the cost of the jutsu; you want to make 4 clones, so your chakra is divided by 5 (you + 4 clones). This gives each clone a fifth of your chakra. So, each clone would have 36 chakra. Being that they are shadow clones, they are each able to perform jutsu themselves; they have their own separate chakra pool, and also follow their own cooldowns for jutsu. Each Shadow Clone has a reserve of stamina; their individual chakra is reduced by an amount appropriate amount to the damage done (E-10, D-15, C-20, B-25, A-30, S-35). The clone automatically disperses when it runs out of chakra, or when hit by any attack that can cause a noteworthy level of physical damage [second/third degree burns, broken bones, stab wounds, etc] If the original uses a technique before creating the shadow clones, the remaining cooldown on the technique applies to all clones created.

Name: Medical Jutsu: Cat’s Roar
Canon/Custom: Custom
Element: N/a
Range: 20m radius
Specialty: Medical Ninjutsu / Ninjutsu
Duration: Instantaneous
Cooldown: 9 posts
Description: The user creates a set of 8 hand seals before focusing chakra into their hyoid bone. The user has a teal chakra that comes from the mouth, much like a Katon jutsu. This expands from the user’s mouth in a 90 degree cone up to 20 meters. The user's mouth being about 3-4 centimeters in diameter, and expanding gradually from there. At 1 meter, it has the radius of 1 meter and can most likely hit only one subject. At 4 meters, the cone has a radius of 4 meters, and can hit up to 3 people. At 20 meters the cone has a radius of 10 meters, and is capable of hitting up to 5 or maybe 6 people. People caught within 1 meter have all tissue damage up to shattered bones, major 3rd-degree and possibly even 4th-degree tissue damage healed. Within 4 meters, 2-3 inch cuts, broken bones (from concussive force), major 2nd/minor 3rd Degree tissue damage. From 4 meters to 20 meters, the jutsu heals 1-1½ inch cuts, major external bruising green sticks (hairline fractures), or major 1st/minor 2nd degree tissue damage. This cannot restore limbs that are unattached at the time this jutsu is used. This cannot heal the user. The speed of this jutsu’s expansion is 35 m/s.

Name: Guanyin Medical Reversal Technique: Offensive Nature (Iyashino gyakuten no jutsu: Hakai - 癒しの逆転: 破壊)
Type: Supplementary/ KKG
Element: N/A
Range: Jutsu Dependant
Specialty: Medical Ninjutsu
Duration: Jutsu Dependent
Cool down: 2
Description:
Not a jutsu, rather a technique Unique to all Guanyin. Coupled with the cost of a paired jutsu, this ability augments and changes a Medical Ninjutsu with positive healing properties to become an offensive Medical technique with negative properties, reversing its original effects when used in tandem on activation. This Kekkei Genkei technique causes the reversed medical Ninjutsu to become red in coloration and kill cells in equal quantities which the jutsu would have normally healed them, at the same rate, and in the same manner. Ie. A medical technique which would heal up to C rank damage over an area X wide and X deep over X long at X speed, instead deals C rank damage to the victim over the same area and depth, in the same manner, killing the cells within that area over the same course of time.

Name: Lightning Release: Javelin (雷遁・槍 ~ Raiton: Yari)
Type: Offensive
Element: Raiton
Range: 25m
Duration: Instantaneous
Cooldown: 5 posts
Description: After weaving the appropriate sequence of hand signs the user generates raiton chakra from their bodies, creating 3 small (about 2 feet in length) spear shaped masses of lightning around them (one above their head and one at each side). These spear-like projectiles can be fired at will, either individually or all at once. Each spear interacts with other jutsu as an independent D-Rank jutsu. When fired they travel up to 20m/s and can pierce 1 inch deep into unprotected flesh while dealing major first degree burns at the point of contact. The user can also choose to concentrate all three bolts into his/her hand rather than fire them individually, creating a longer (5 feet) spear shaped bolt. This bolt must be thrown like a javelin and travels at the same speed as the smaller versions. The higher concentration of chakra makes the jutsu capable of piercing non-fuuton C-rank defenses or below as well as piercing an inch and a half into flesh and inflicting minor 2nd degree burns.

Name: Body Flicker Technique (瞬身の術 ~ Shunshin no Jutsu)
Canon/Custom: Canon
Element: None
Range: All
Duration: 1 post
Cooldown: 3 posts
Description: Shunshin no Jutsu is a basic Ninjutsu technique. The ninja will appear and disappear in an instant, allowing them to retreat suddenly. To facilitate the movement, the ninja will often use nearby elements such as mist, sand or leaves to mask their appearance or disappearance. This jutsu cannot be used in combat; only as a way to escape from a thread, or a fight (by moving far away enough that the attacker would not follow).

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
The ability to turn medical chakra into a withering curse. A shiver crawled over Mizuki's back when she heard about it. It was a terrifying power, if she ever heard one. Almost as if they had all been born with the gift of a divine - the Guanyin giveth life, and taketh life. To think such a person stood right before her quite threw a different light on the sweet and caring Lin she knew. She haddn't become such a high ranked shinobi just by healing people, it seemed.

"I'm sorry to hear that.", she spoke softly. "I'm glad you are still a kind-hearted person despite bearing such a power."

Lin was a great example of how a curse could become a beneficial power, or how a burden shouldn't deny people a genuine smile. At least, in Mizuki's eyes this was how it looked since she had no idea of the mental scars Lin bore underneath the smile she shared with others. Even after being shown the withering effect of a reversed Guanyin energy, her mind could hardly imagine the atrocities she had endured for the sake of the Village. Such a slow death... it wasn't one Mizuki felt like suffering, or giving. If one really had to kill, then a merciful blow was the proper way to go about it.

Mizuki averted her eyes, not sure how she had to react on the ability she had seen. She didn't want to approve of such a terrible power, but neither did she want to make Lin feel bad for having an ability she could hardly do anything about.

"I think it's not the ability that makes the person, but his actions. You're always working hard in the hospital, healing people where possible. One could say the Guanyin have the ability to turn yang energy into a destructive force... but one could easily point out Guanyin have the ability to give such a potential a positive course. I'm sure plenty of people see you more as the benevolent healer."

That said, the conversation made room for more practice and jutsu sharing. The jutsu she had hope to learn were actually within grasp - Lin performed the requested jutsu one by one, showing her how they could be used and attempting to explain the Flicker Technique as good as possible. Thinking about the explanation, Mizuki pondered the jutsu, thinking that, if she understood it well, Mizuki would be amazingly good at it. Building up chakra and releasing it in a burst... that jutsu practically summed up her whole shinobi training!

However, Mizuki had little other jutsu to show Lin, making her realise how little options she had to rely on in battle. Sure, she had plenty of ideas to work with, aiming to cover just about every weakness she could think of, building up several bridges and gateways to get something done. Melee, ranged, offensive, supportive... She was probably stretching all her options too thin anyway.

"Thank you for teaching me. I'll train the jutsu as soon as I can. I'm afraid I don't have many other jutsu to show off though...", she trailed somewhat.

wc 536 + 4170
= 4606

Lin

Lin

D-rank
She blinked when Mizuki spoke softly, she didn't want to seem insensitive to the situation, but she hadn't killed anything, besides... well... a tree. or two. She looked back to the trees and cringed, "Well, I try to be, but it's a bit hard with the...
well with the Guanyin thing. I don't want to accidentally harm someone when I am trying to heal them, and well, I have tried to control that power within myself. I believe that I have sort of handled it."
She rubbed the back of her neck, sighing and arching her back with a bit of frustration, she didn't want to seem scary, but it was better for Mizuki to know what her sensei was capable of.

She blushed as Mizuki praised her again, and she cleared her throat, mumbling, "Well, I er, I um, thank you Mizuki-chan." She placed her hands on her hips and then folded them, feeling awkward that her student had given her a compliment of such caliber. "I have some more jutsu to show you, if you would like me to..." She trailed off, "Though, they might be beyond your ability now, you can have me teach you them when you grow a bit more, and it might be a better thing to know my abilities when we are fighting together, on our first mission that is. Whenever the Raikage wants to give us a mission." A curt sigh escaped her lips.

WC: 5036

Chakra: 140/300

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Mizuki smiled softly as she heard Lin thank her. The kunoichi thought it to be true though. Her mother at the hospital had often seen her pass in the hallways of the hospital, and a lot of the people were glad to a kind-hearted healer as her. Granted, Mizuki couldn't say much more herself as she didn't know her sensei that well, but that didn't take away that her reputation preceded her. And while not all which shone was gold, Lin was a jounin as well which meant she had more than just reputation to back who she was.

And that reputation might be shown as Lin offered to show even more jutsu. Jutsu that were beyond Mizuki's current skill, but jutsu nonetheless. Under the idea she had to know what her sensei was about, Mizuki couldn't exactly find a reason to deny such an opportunity. However, she saw little point in being shown something she couldn't quite grasp either. If anything, practical application of a jutsu seemed more interesting than just wildly showing it. Or perhaps picking up some strategies and tactics might do them good as well, but... she wasn't exactly dressed for training either.

"I should have dressed for training. It might have made the training more efficient.", she mused somewhat, perhaps a little disappointed with it all. "Perhaps you could offer some insight on combat tactics? What to look out for when fighting in a team, how to support each other and more of that? I think it would be a good preparation for when we get a mission."

Mizuki thought that, considering Lin had the most experience in combat, she might have known or seen a few tricks here and there of what jutsu and techniques could make effective combos with an increased efficiency than usual. Though low rank jutsu had their uses, they didn't really pose much of a threat if lethal combat would actually take place. Not that this really mattered at her current rank as genin usually got save missions to deal with.

wc 350 + 4606
= 4956

Lin

Lin

D-rank
She was a bit caught off guard by Mizuki's question. For her, she wanted to be a support ninja, but really never had the chance to be one. It was a surprise to her that she was asked the question because she wanted to think about these sorts of things for a long time, and now here was a chance to really talk out these strategies. Alright don't blow it.

"Well, when Gora and I go on missions together,
we usually team up where she and I surround the enemies, and we work our way into the middle of them together. But I suppose if we were to team up, that might now work out as well. I would say that a good strategy to always have with your teammates are to talk with them first. Find out what kinds of Jutsu they are going to use and try to enhance them with jutsu of your own. So say that you have a Katon jutsu, like great fireball jutsu, and you use a wind jutsu behind it. It will stoke the flames, making it a bigger fireball than before."
She used her hands to demonstrate a bit of a fireball size before and after for emphasis.

"Raiton charges down suiton because it follows the current and path of least resistance. Doton is sort of... well, it is on its own, because I don't know of much that it helps out to be honest. but those two combinations are probably the most common in the ninja world. Do you know the elements yet or of their natures?" She sat down, scratching her head and thinking a bit. What all could she teach Mizuki sitting here... tactics are one thing, but how to adapt on the fly. That came with practice. Perhaps she could have Mizuki spar one of her clones and really see how it was to battle. Not now though, she looked tired after showing so many of her techniques to Lin.

That wouldn't have stopped Gin though.

WC: 5384

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
Mizuki nodded at the advice. It all certainly made sense, but she hadn't really had the opportunity to try it out. At the dojo, though adviced by her father, she usually trained alone. The few times she did train with other dojo students, she served more as an experienced senpai and younger guide than really being shown any team tag tactics. Neither could she count her sister as a big team player. So simply put, team coordination wasn't her strong suite.

"I know about the natures, yes. Having suiton and raiton myself, I tend to think about a few jutsu that could serve as a combo. And naturally, it's the source of my clan's Storm Release techniques. But other than that, it's often hard to imagine the impact and practical application of such combos.", she looked down with a smile, somewhat feeling uncomfortable with the thought that she was struggling with seemingly simple things as these. While the fuuton and katon combo looked quite obvious, she could imagine no one she knew with any of those elements, as sometimes it felt as if Kumogakure only had suiton and raiton running around.

Seeing Lin sit down rather exhausted, Mizuki wondered that, perhaps, they should call it a day. Even if today's training had been more of a parade of showing off jutsu, the group had picked up a few things, taught and learned about each other. Genjutsu had proven to be a useful specialisation in distractions, potentially being a powerful addition to her bukijutsu, and Lin, though seemingly looking harmless, had proven to have quite some terrifying jutsu Mizuki wouldn't like to suffer. On the other side, she had shown a few lower rank jutsu which Mizuki was more than willing to train for herself even though she wasn't too familiar with senbon. But that was what training was for.

"You seem tired, Lin-san. Perhaps we should call it a day? We can easily discuss tactics some other time, or perhaps meet for a training session where we try out a few of those combos.", Mizuki tried suggesting. Truth to be told, she felt some strain as well, induced by her burst of chakra use and the afternoon in the fresh air outdoors. Even if they left now, they weren't home just yet since they were on an island. There was the ferry to take back, then the whole walk from the docks back home... Mizuki could already feel her illness coming up at the thought of having to do all this strenuous physical labour.

wc 434 + 4956
= 5390

Raiu Mizuki

Raiu Mizuki

Retired
[Exit Thread]

((Sorry, Lin. Since we're already quite at the end of this thread, I'm going to put an end to this one to give myself some breathing space for other RPs and availability for other Kumo-nin. Hope you return soon though.))

wc 5390

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.