You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ayakashi

Ayakashi

S-rank
Nothing would be the same...

"People of Kirigakure no Sato, People of Iwagakure, People of Konohagakure and Sunagakure!

Our country... has been deeply wronged... "

her speech began. Ayakashi standing stalwart upon the precipice of change, equipped as if she were ready for battle as she announced this horrifying fact, people stared up ion worry, anxiety, anger, or realization due to what was being said. It had been known by few the actions of Kumogakure under the edicts of Sanosuke Flynt the Raikage, but it was all about to change, the time for radicalization had come as there had been no attempt in the cessation of this madness on the behalf of the aggressor, it was too long, and it could no longer be ignored by the people. Ayakashi looked to each of the people looking up at her in the front rows before throwing her voice so that it could be heard by everyone.

"For some time now, you have lost contact with your friends, family and loved ones beyond the border of Kumogakure... There is a reason for this, one that I have been reluctant to tell you all until now. Each and every one of you deserve to know the truth behind what has happened and bought us to this grim event. Some time ago, a renegade ninja came to seek asylum in the land of kirigakure, a Jounin from the land of Kumo. This Jounin, spoke some of the iron fist that Sanosuke, the Raikage, rules his lands under. I rejected that offer, due to the harm that open war could cause each of you, and so, it was with a heavy heart that I struck that missing ninja down, was was my duty to ensure the safety of not only my people, but the people of Kumogakure. This scene was witnessed by multiple others...

Sanosuke, since that advent, without cause, closed his borders and arrested the kiri population of his country without reason, spouting lies and misinformation as he took them into custody held into Kumogakure prisons without sentence or process as little more than political hostages. Such extreme measures against such little provocation are the acts of a paranoid madman who has gained power through little more than his own physical ability, and not his sense as a leader. I can feel your questions, you want to know what I'm going to do about it? Am i right!? "

The crowd began to stir as Ayakashi worked them, emotions of anger and sorrow overflowing as the will for justice became almost palpable within the crowd.

"Worry not, I will not allow this transgression to go un-punished. As of now, preparations are being made for me, and those chosen by me, to take ships to the borders of kumogakure, From there myself and those with me will confront the mad kage, while others will work to liberate our people from their gaol. I swear to you, that this injustice will not go without severe consequences for those involved. So I ask each and every one of you, to put your faith in me, to return to you your loved ones, and make those responsible pay for what they have done. With me, I bring forth a representative of the people of Iwagakure who have chosen to aid us in our endeavor....

Now, I know you all, as you know me, you want action, you want to help, because each and every one of you holds justice close to your heart. I would ask that you do all that you can to support those who come with me. To those who own stores, give provisions so that we may be fed on this journey, boat-builders lend us your best. Blacksmiths of the iron banner, lend us your crafts and make them your best. For you need not fight on the front-lines to help those who do.

We are the people of kirigakure!

Never again will we be trodden on by others.

And so, we became the world's strongest nation!

Because we 'stand' together!

We 'Fight' together!

AND OUR BONDS WILL NEVER BE BROKEN!"

Ayakshi would give the floor for the next speaker, should Tsuyo intend to follow up in ceremony, but Ayakashi had a lot to do, after the core speakers, organizers such as the twins, clan leaders and community heads would give instructions and helpful hints for those who wanted to participate in helping the effort, clearly and concisely. The only men and woman who would be accompanying Ayakashi would be those within the ANBU or Hunter Ninja Corps of special jounin, while the doors for those of Jounin rank and higher were all able to join her in her attempt to free the prisoners and depose the Raikage. However that did not mean that others were not able to help in other ways, store owners and tradesmen had a huge part to play as they had such little time before they needed to move out. The fleet of kirigakure had been kept strong since the Seven Bells war, and in fact had only increased in size due to the seizing of Seven Bells' own fleet to buff the numbers that had been sunk. After so long, the repairs would have been long completed...

Ayakashi would be busy for the next four days, until such a time that she was able to stand at the helm of the kirigakure flagship. Sending forward Kirigakure hunter ninja of Jounin rank to better scope out the countryside for a landing zone that was hidden from the eyes of Kumogakure ninja. Whether it be due to sheer cliff faces or other land-marks. A country the size of Kumogakure could not remain completely hidden, and the hunter ninja of kirigakure, with their impeccable stealth techniques and the silent killing technique, would be able to keep hidden from the likes of any normal Kumo ninja with relative ease. Soon enough the orders were given, the ships were ready, Ayakashi would have just over two thousand Kiri ninja ready and waiting to make a move on the country. A small front, but each of them were the best that Mizu no Kuni had to offer. Konohagakure had agreed to take over the defense of kiri's boarder for the time that they were gone, though not wanting to join in the physical war effort, while Iwa, had agreed to that ends.

Ayakashi would also send word forward to Iwa, asking to see their new Tsuchikage before battle, so that they may better discuss their plan of attack, and how this partnership was going to work...

[1107 words = Travel Completed. ]

Kaekio

Kaekio

D-rank
[Cold red eyes peered over the crowd that had gathered. It wasn't common that Ayakashi spoke in mass like this, and thus there was ANBU all around the perimeter. Hachiko was one of the many sitting along the roof, all looking down over the crowd, not only did the female watch behind her Dog style mask, but she also closely studied each individual with her kekkei genkai, closely monitoring each individual electrical to make sure nothing was going to happen. If anything was, she would be ready to move at a moment's notice. It was then the Mizukage stepped out in full battle gear to give her speech. Hachiko shivered as the woman stepped forwards. She still vividly remembered standing before that woman as she flexed her chakra in that same gear of armour, and how truly horrifying it was, and it was in this moment she felt sorry for whomever decided to stand in her way. Realistically, Ayakashi didn't even need to take many into Kumo. She could probably take on at least half the nation alone, at the same time. Hachiko having been one of the strongest, if not the strongest special jounin at the time of her departure, felt completely powerless against the woman, as if she could have been blown away by a mere glance. It was then that Ayakashi began her speech.

"People of Kirigakure no Sato, People of Iwagakure, People of Konohagakure and Sunagakure!

Hachiko watched the woman speak. She was a true leader. Hachiko hadn't even gotten two seconds into her speech and she could tell this. Simply by seeing how keenly the crowd observed her, and strong but yet compassionate she seemed. She seemed like nothing more than a mother. But, she was a mother to the entire nation.

"For some time now, you have lost contact with your friends, family and loved ones beyond the border of Kumogakure... There is a reason for this, one that I have been reluctant to tell you all until now. Each and every one of you deserve to know the truth behind what has happened and bought us to this grim event. Some time ago, a renegade ninja came to seek asylum in the land of kirigakure, a Jounin from the land of Kumo. This Jounin, spoke some of the iron fist that Sanosuke, the Raikage, rules his lands under. I rejected that offer, due to the harm that open war could cause each of you, and so, it was with a heavy heart that I struck that missing ninja down, was was my duty to ensure the safety of not only my people, but the people of Kumogakure. This scene was witnessed by multiple others...

Sanosuke, since that advent, without cause, closed his borders and arrested the kiri population of his country without reason, spouting lies and misinformation as he took them into custody held into Kumogakure prisons without sentence or process as little more than political hostages. Such extreme measures against such little provocation are the acts of a paranoid madman who has gained power through little more than his own physical ability, and not his sense as a leader. I can feel your questions, you want to know what I'm going to do about it? Am i right!? "

Hachiko, gulped as her part in this story was brought it. and a feeling of guilt washed over her. She looked over every citizen in the crowd, and she felt guilt. It was really her actions that had caused them worry and pain. If she had never left Kumogakure this wouldn't have happened. But she also felt a pang of guilt for Sanosuke. This was a war speech, and Hachiko had known this was coming, and his actions lead to that. But she still cared for him as a brother, or a father. The only one in her life which she had really had, and now she was a part of a parade to his demise. She had seen and experienced Kumogakure first hand, it was her home, and she didn't want anyone there to be hurt, but there was only one way to end all this mess. All this pain and suffering she had caused, and will continue to cause, and that was to march straight into Kumogakure alongside the mizukage. Not that she had much of a choice on the matter.

"Worry not, I will not allow this transgression to go un-punished. As of now, preparations are being made for me, and those chosen by me, to take ships to the borders of kumogakure, From there myself and those with me will confront the mad kage, while others will work to liberate our people from their gaol. I swear to you, that this injustice will not go without severe consequences for those involved. So I ask each and every one of you, to put your faith in me, to return to you your loved ones, and make those responsible pay for what they have done. With me, I bring forth a representative of the people of Iwagakure who have chosen to aid us in our endeavor....

Now, I know you all, as you know me, you want action, you want to help, because each and every one of you holds justice close to your heart. I would ask that you do all that you can to support those who come with me. To those who own stores, give provisions so that we may be fed on this journey, boat-builders lend us your best. Blacksmiths of the iron banner, lend us your crafts and make them your best. For you need not fight on the front-lines to help those who do.

We 'Fight' together!

The speech was moving and empowering. As a kiri nin Hachiko felt honored, and as a Kumo nin Hachiko felt horrified. The crowd was moved, and empowered as they should be, and As Ayakashi walked off staged some of the ANBU followed. Hachiko was one of them. But, a majority still stayed in order to protect the other speakers and to keep the peace of the event.

It was a hallway by the time Hachiko caught up to the mizukage, having body flickered to catch up to her, there wasn't really wasn't around aside from the ANBU posted at either end of hallway. Appearing in front of the Mizukage, Hachiko bowed and said "Lady Mizukage... I.. I know it's really my place to make requests when you and your country have done so much for me." a single tear could be seen falling from underneath Hachiko's dog mask. "But, please don't kill anymore than is necessary. Most of the citizens of Kumo have nothing to do with this i'm sure, and haven't done anything wrong." Hachiko paused for a moment. "I also have another request... I'd like to go and confront Sanosuke with you if possible." Hachiko would say without ever lifting her head or taking off her dog mask. If the mizukage would respond she would listen to every word she had to say, and then stand either when she was told to stand or when the mizukage walked past her. Hachiko would then spend the next four days gearing up for battle, as well as making sure the Mizukage was protected.

Putting on her mask as she got on the boat with the war party, hachiko let out a deep breath and then muttered to herself so no one else could here.. "I'm going home.".

WC: 1308
Total WC: 1308
600/600 travel complete
Words left over: 708

Taro

Taro

D-rank
[Deleted]

Last edited by Taro on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
Akira had followed closely behind Ayakashi but quietly to the stage. While his medical jutsu had restored his physical energy his chakra still felt a little stretched by their fight. He had regained a great deal of what had been used simply by passage of time and yet his body felt...different. It would take some getting used to for him to recognize the growth that comes from defeat. Still he had returned to his own attire he was accustomed to Which was a very well fit suit. Black slacks tucked over dress boots just low enough to cover the strings but sized so as not to bunch up around the ankles even a little with a silver dress shirt tucked into his belt and the cuffs shining with silver symbols of Iwa. A black tie was buttoned into the front of his shirt with a tight knot around the neck. Over that was a vest, black on the back and shoulders and white on the front. Lastly he was wearing a long suit coat that seemed to catch the light oddly as if the fabric were some sort of woven crystal. Tucked into the inside of either side were some large, curved daggers that seemed to be of impressive quality. His beard was trimmed into forks on his chin while a mess of hair hung about his head like a dark mane. His purple eyes staring out into the crowd through the bangs as he took a seat to her left and behind her. Avoiding the seat of the right hand and making sure it was clear she was prominent. Crossing one ankle over his knee he would sit back and listen as she spoke. Ignoring her and his own ANBU for now. He may no longer hold his hat but he was still prominent enough to have guards...even if to keep an eye on him.

He listened to the speech with an occassional glance to her back as he observed it all. It all sounded moving and yet he felt a tinge of manipulation within it. She wanted her people to see only one side of all of it and question nothing. Which would suit her if they did and never found out anything other than that bit she just spoke. She certainly used catchy terms like madman and Extreme measures or political hostages. Not that he felt any of it were entirely untrue and yet he would keep his own opinions about the ordeal quiet and support his ally. Besides, enough of it was true that he needed to act. The man was acting with innocents and stepping out of political bounds. Still he heard the crowd stir and observed their expressions. They were angry. However not at her for keeping it secret..they wanted justice...or vengeance. Still her speech continued and he listened with an expression of observation and patience.

We 'Fight' together!

Akira would listen to that last bit as the roar of the crowd increased with her and the fight in them burned strongly. He could feel the palpable aura of anger and righteous fury from so many of them it was like a chakra pressure. Truly a formidable bunch which made him smile. Still the crowd roared as she stepped to the side and looked to him. It was his time to step up and what an act to follow. Truthfully he wasn't sure he could do more than maintain the momentum she had created but there were others there as well. People from Iwa and Konoha. He may as well see if he can light a fire for them too. Still as he uncrossed his ankle and stood his aura seemed to almost permeate the front row and shift it back. To those who could sense chakra his was like a fine tuned gold that was almost pure chakra short of nature chakra itself. He wasn't as strong as Ayakashi but with his chakra control he could give off the impression that he was. Still as he approached the stand and the people he could pick out hushed whispers inquiring of who he was throughout the nearby crowd. An Iwa nin in the back roared out his support as people looked to him quizically before he gave them Akira's name. The recently retired Tsuchikage and arguably the strongest man in all of Iwagakure still. Said to be a med nin that could heal any wound and a taijutsu specialist that could destroy an enemy with a single touch. Murmers of his identity spread until he cleared his throat and would rest his hands on either side of the pulpit. His silk like voice would carry easily and still seem gentle on the ears. Yet anger resided within that voice as he spoke.

"Ladies, gentleman. I am known as Dr. Kazako Akira. Today I have been allowed to speak by your esteemed Kage as a representative of Iwa. However I am more than that. I am your neighbor, your ally, and your friend. As such I and those like me have not blinded ourselves to your plight. Nor can we as human beings sit back at the monsterous things happening."

He would let it settle in for a moment. He had confirmed that Iwa intended to stand with them. Even if it was just him that went in the end Iwa would not sit back and let this play out. He could hear the crowd murmer and shift before his eyes as they were impatient to begin preperations. He would smile and shift his weight forward. His hands gripping the sides of the pulpit as he continued speaking. Each time his grip tightened the pulpit would crunch and crack more audibly than before.

"As such I have witnessed more suffering than any one nation could of endured under normal circumstances.*Crack* I have watched this country be burned, *Crack!* I have fought with this country as it was invaded*Crunch!* And now, some fool thinks it wise to test not only a nation that has rebuilt stronger than the others from nothing, *Crrrrack* Has pushed back an invading army so intensly the army has no hope of rising again and no other would dare try *Crack* They dared to test our new alliance and dared to tread on my friends families! They dared to stand against our combined might and chose to wrong you and I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!"

As he shouted the last part the entire pulpit would smash into several pieces before his chakra flared out and suddenly the entire thing was sawdust in the wind. His power turning something solid into oblivion with a simple grip and a flash of chakra. His eyes seemed to see all of them and through all of them at once. His gaze so intense it seemed to look into the soul and demand it meet his eyes. As the sawdust swirled around him he would speak louder than before and with conviction few could match as his fists clenched at his sides. His words were clear and his purple gaze left no doubt that he spoke truthfully and that he would do as he said.

"I promise you this. I personally will march next to the Mizukage. I will defy an entire nation and fate if it stands against us and not only will we deliver justice to this Zealot. We will crush anything standing between us and your families and if they dare....IF THEY DARE TO HARM A HAIR ON THEIR HEADS. I will not rest until every hand that took part has been buried! We will take back our own! We will defeat injustice and I will bring your mizukage back just as healthy as you left her. Will you give us your faith?! Will you not give every waking moment to aiding us as you can with weapons, food and ships? I know Kirigakure better. I KNOW THE PEOPLE OF KIRI WILL STAND AND RISE ABOVE THIS LIKE ALL ELSE BEFORE IT!"

With that said he would step away from the stage letting the sawdust settle as he let the roar of the crowd fall behind him. He was the last speaker and as he left to prepare himself so would they like a horde setting to work for the engine of war. His eyes looked to the north were their enemy waited. The poor souls would have a great force coming soon. Sanosuke had made a poor choice or a poor set of choices and now...now he would be there to witness or even partake in history. There was debate that there were those as strong as himself in Kumo and Sanosuke was stronger but he was willing to put that to the test. Until the ships set sail though he would meditate and preform a ritual blessing his daggers in blessed water and cleansing them before praying and meditating with incense burning over his armor. He would be mentally and emotionally prepared for this battle as well as physically. Only Joining the head ship at the last moment and settling near the back.

600/600 travel complete.

1459 remaining

Sero

Sero

S-rank
Sero himself stood with his household some distance from the rest. He was still close enough to easily hear the assembly before them but high enough on a roof so that his aura didn't touch the people below. He had chosen a specific spot that he had calculated as the best vantage point for a sniper. A kunai sat in his hand as his grey gaze scanned the crowd and he waited. Those of his house that had chosen to come standing with him on the roof as he let his dead gaze scan for any threat. His form stood straight as a statue and unblinking as he was prepared to move into action. However he was not in his usual blood stained garb. Instead he was wearing a buttoned up chinese design shirt with two sets of buttons along the front and a high collar. Grey in color with blue fringe around the neck and the wrists as well as down either side of the buttons. Dark blue dragons coiled around his arms of the long sleeve shirt as his head band sat around his neck. On his right hip was a single rapier of a black color that seemed to almost be covered in some sort of dark liquid and yet never dripped. The rest was grey shinobi pants and padded shoes to move in silence. The rest of his gear a flex of chakra away. Still he had appointed ANBU to guard Ayakashi and her guests closer than he was and had selected only those who felt they owed Ayakashi their lives. People who would throw themselves in front of a jutsu and die for her. His head would snap to the side and look to her like a dead thing coming to life as she began her speech.

Our country... has been deeply wronged... For some time now, you have lost contact with your friends, family and loved ones beyond the border of Kumogakure... There is a reason for this, one that I have been reluctant to tell you all until now. Each and every one of you deserve to know the truth behind what has happened and bought us to this grim event. Some time ago, a renegade ninja came to seek asylum in the land of kirigakure, a Jounin from the land of Kumo. This Jounin, spoke some of the iron fist that Sanosuke, the Raikage, rules his lands under. I rejected that offer, due to the harm that open war could cause each of you, and so, it was with a heavy heart that I struck that missing ninja down, was was my duty to ensure the safety of not only my people, but the people of Kumogakure. This scene was witnessed by multiple others...

Sanosuke, since that advent, without cause, closed his borders and arrested the kiri population of his country without reason, spouting lies and misinformation as he took them into custody held into Kumogakure prisons without sentence or process as little more than political hostages. Such extreme measures against such little provocation are the acts of a paranoid madman who has gained power through little more than his own physical ability, and not his sense as a leader. I can feel your questions, you want to know what I'm going to do about it? Am i right!?

Worry not, I will not allow this transgression to go un-punished. As of now, preparations are being made for me, and those chosen by me, to take ships to the borders of kumogakure, From there myself and those with me will confront the mad kage, while others will work to liberate our people from their gaol. I swear to you, that this injustice will not go without severe consequences for those involved. So I ask each and every one of you, to put your faith in me, to return to you your loved ones, and make those responsible pay for what they have done. With me, I bring forth a representative of the people of Iwagakure who have chosen to aid us in our endeavor....

We 'Fight' together!

He would frown at the lie hidden within the speech as he knew the truth but he was not about to compromise a country over a lie that did not need to be corrected. He had been a part of the conspiracy after all. Still he didn't care for the spread of information to such a degree. It was enough that it would be hard to spread a counter argument against her though. It was good manipulation at work and he could recognize that. Still he wasn't confident in leaving the village in the hands of another country. All their most powerful were to be going to this war and the village felt like an exposed wound with a strange bandaid. His silver gaze took it all in as he spun the kunai and glanced around again. He would do as he was told but he didn't like leaving his village without his protection. Still he would glance back as the second speaker took the stage.

"Ladies, gentleman. I am known as Dr. Kazako Akira. Today I have been allowed to speak by your esteemed Kage as a representative of Iwa. However I am more than that. I am your neighbor, your ally, and your friend. As such I and those like me have not blinded ourselves to your plight. Nor can we as human beings sit back at the monsterous things happening. As such I have witnessed more suffering than any one nation could of endured under normal circumstances.*Crack* I have watched this country be burned, *Crack!* I have fought with this country as it was invaded*Crunch!* And now, some fool thinks it wise to test not only a nation that has rebuilt stronger than the others from nothing, *Crrrrack* Has pushed back an invading army so intensly the army has no hope of rising again and no other would dare try *Crack* They dared to test our new alliance and dared to tread on my friends families! They dared to stand against our combined might and chose to wrong you and I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!

I promise you this. I personally will march next to the Mizukage. I will defy an entire nation and fate if it stands against us and not only will we deliver justice to this Zealot. We will crush anything standing between us and your families and if they dare....IF THEY DARE TO HARM A HAIR ON THEIR HEADS. I will not rest until every hand that took part has been buried! We will take back our own! We will defeat injustice and I will bring your mizukage back just as healthy as you left her. Will you give us your faith?! Will you not give every waking moment to aiding us as you can with weapons, food and ships? I know Kirigakure better. I KNOW THE PEOPLE OF KIRI WILL STAND AND RISE ABOVE THIS LIKE ALL ELSE BEFORE IT!"

The man was certainly passionate but Sero cared little for the display of raw physical power. Anyone above genin could of destroyed the pulpit so it was all a show. Another manipulation to inspire loyalty and strengthen the alliance. Still the speakers left the stage and he noted Ayakashi being followed by a certain missing member of his household from the roof top. He would slip the kunai up his sleeve and hold up a hand to show he was not to be followed before he would flash step away from the roof and land near Ayakashi and Hachiko. His grey eyes studying them both as even the other ANBU suddenly felt unnerved at having a monster near them. Ayakashi and Hachiko would feel something new in that aura though. It was odd but something akin to their sage abilities. In the time since their last meeting he seemed to have mastered it and yet it was different. It seemed to steal life instead of borrowing its energy. As if he pulled from rot and the things living from the dead more than the good in nature. Yin and Yang to Ayakashi. Still he would raise an eyebrow but remain quiet as Hachiko made a display and bowed before the Mizukage. His eyes going to her as he wondered what his role would be in this if not a slayer of all in his path.

"Lady Mizukage... I.. I know it's really my place to make requests when you and your country have done so much for me. But, please don't kill anymore than is necessary. Most of the citizens of Kumo have nothing to do with this i'm sure, and haven't done anything wrong.I also have another request... I'd like to go and confront Sanosuke with you if possible."

He could smell the salt of the tear dripping from under the chin of her mask and see it and yet he felt no emotion towards the display. Instead his eyes narrowed at the part of her going with to confront Sanosuke. If she were to be exposed during the battle it could turn the tide of morale against them and make Ayakashi the antagonist in all this to the world. Not many would consider the Helen of troy in all this and instead Hachiko would quickly become their wooden horse. It was incredibly obvious from his facial expression Sero was against it however, he didn't make a single mutter of noise about it. He would not speak up and question any decision Ayakashi wished to make or presume to think beyond her thought process in front of others. It was important they see his loyalty to his superiors. Always important to show face in light of it all. Even if he felt strategically Hachiko was to much of an unknown variable he would not question Ayakashi's decision. However he would remain nearby as he awaited orders.

Nozomi

Nozomi

D-rank
Nozomi felt oddly detached from the world, with little to do with any of the people. She wasn't entirely thrilled to be going to war with Kumo, but it was her duty to do so, as a captain of the Hunter-nin. Of course, she wanted to assist in taking down Sanosuke, so that Kaekio could return to her country. It was the best she could do just to show up to the grand speech. She looked on with passive attention, nothing able to be seen behind her mask. It was actually something of beauty, which was kind of interesting due to her ability to simply kill most that she runs into. It looked rather angelic, with the sides of the mask appearing as feathered wings, and a light blue cross in the middle of the face. Two light blue streaks ran down the cheeks, from the bottom of the eyes, and the eye holes produced her eye color, which shone through in a strangely perfect mixture, as if the mask was made to compliment her own eyes. Sure, it was a give away of who she was if any were familiar with her condition, as she was one of the only, if not the only person, who had eyes like she did, but that didn't matter if she was going to kill you. Her armor was her ANBU armor, hidden underneath a cloak, her Katana at her hip, and a tanto over her shoulder. Beyond that, she had some of her basic senbon, but wasn't particularly armed for combat, as it wasn't a necessity for her to be.

She listening on to Ayakashi's speech, absorbing it into her mind, but not honestly paying much attention to it or analyzing it herself. She knew more about the situation than most other people, as she'd been involved in the epicenter of it herself. If not for her own involvement, there would be no situation with Kirigakure, as she provided the entire reason and ability for Kaekio to have left, and a place to have gone as well. Really, that was the main reason Nozomi was staying involved. She felt guilty for the arrest and danger her fellow Kiri-nin had been placed in, and wanted to play her own part in resolving the issues. Whether that was freeing the prisoners, or confronting Sanosuke herself, she didn't really care either way, although she'd prefer to do so with Kaekio, as she didn't want to leave the other girl alone while in the other country. Nor did she want her to stay behind, as it was far simpler to resolve things if she came along to Kumo.

Speaking of which though, Nozomi's heightened awareness picked up on the movements of both Mercy and Hachiko, and she left to go and see what the commotion was about. There was little mistaking their auras, even with ANBU armor on, she could feel that they were there, although it became hard to pinpoint without keeping sight of them. Nozomi's eyes scanned over both Mercy and Hachiko, never resting on Lady Ayakashi, as she thought about how their names fit them. Hachiko was a loyal dog, and Mercy was an ironic name for Sero, who needed a reminder to show a little on occasion, lest he become a murderous monster with not an ounce of feeling for anyone. She herself had yet to receive or choose a name, which was intriguing, but didn't bother her. She wasn't sure what would even fit for her.

As Hachiko finished her request, Nozomi spoke as well, despite it not being her place to do so at the moment, her voice coming out slightly distorted from her Hunter mask. "Citizens should never be involved with war, and any innocent bystanders blood will be on my conscience, for helping aid Nozomi and Kaekio's entrance. While the war may be because of Kaekio's actions, Nozomi Himitsu was the reason it was possible. I'd also like to request that Hachiko comes with, and that I stay with her at all times. Despite the inherent risk associated with it, I think the closure would be best. Beyond that, there are precious few people that could take on such a strike force, especially if we're accompanying you. It doesn't matter if they send their best, I have a few tricks up my sleeve, and your reputation already proceeds you. For the most part, I'd like to try my hand at fighting such an adversary as the Raikage should the matter be unable to be resolved without combat, because I don't think him worthy of your time or effort. Maybe I can't take him alone, but Hachiko deserves a shot, this is more about her than anyone else. I'm going regardless, and I have a feeling Hachiko will as well, so you might as well let us be as safe as we can about it." she said. Nozomi made a differentiation between Nozomi and Kaekio, as she kept up the pretenses that they were two separate people, as she always did. It wouldn't do to compromise anything at any time by slipping up in speech. She'd never worried about anyone discovering Hachiko was Kaekio, because despite how close they were, how intimate they were, it wasn't until Hachiko had kissed her that she could even tell. And Sanosuke and Kaekio were never intimate enough like that that he'd be able to tell.

Either way, there were still plenty of preparations to be made, and Nozomi would find herself in a few days on a ship, ready to embark towards the first war she'd participated in willingly. Last time she'd been involved in a war, it had been as a citizen herself, in the Seven Bells war. Nanashi had saved her life then, but now she was strong enough to take care of herself. Only time would tell how things would play out.

WC: 984
Travel Complete: 600/600
Words leftover: 384

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
Strafe stood among the many shinobi who were coming to the Kumogakure. His piercing blue eyes did not move away from the Mizukage as she prepared to speak. His own heart was torn, as he had fought and slayed a Kraken with the Raikage. He know Sanosuke to be well trained and helpful in battle. He could hardly believe that this was the same man that he was going to confront. However, Strafe's duty was to his village and his Kage. Regardless of his personal feelings, he would move on Solstice's word and even strike down his one time comrade. The restlessness that flowed through the crowd was palpable as they awaited the wordes on the best Mizukage this village had seen. He would be standing with Solstice as she faced this threat, and believed that between the docotor in front of him and himself, they would be no way that Kumo could win. It was only a few minutes more before his cousin spoke.

Our country... has been deeply wronged...

For some time now, you have lost contact with your friends, family and loved ones beyond the border of Kumogakure... There is a reason for this, one that I have been reluctant to tell you all until now. Each and every one of you deserve to know the truth behind what has happened and bought us to this grim event. Some time ago, a renegade ninja came to seek asylum in the land of kirigakure, a Jounin from the land of Kumo. This Jounin, spoke some of the iron fist that Sanosuke, the Raikage, rules his lands under. I rejected that offer, due to the harm that open war could cause each of you, and so, it was with a heavy heart that I struck that missing ninja down, was was my duty to ensure the safety of not only my people, but the people of Kumogakure. This scene was witnessed by multiple others...

Sanosuke, since that advent, without cause, closed his borders and arrested the kiri population of his country without reason, spouting lies and misinformation as he took them into custody held into Kumogakure prisons without sentence or process as little more than political hostages. Such extreme measures against such little provocation are the acts of a paranoid madman who has gained power through little more than his own physical ability, and not his sense as a leader. I can feel your questions, you want to know what I'm going to do about it? Am i right!?

Worry not, I will not allow this transgression to go un-punished. As of now, preparations are being made for me, and those chosen by me, to take ships to the borders of kumogakure, From there myself and those with me will confront the mad kage, while others will work to liberate our people from their gaol. I swear to you, that this injustice will not go without severe consequences for those involved. So I ask each and every one of you, to put your faith in me, to return to you your loved ones, and make those responsible pay for what they have done. With me, I bring forth a representative of the people of Iwagakure who have chosen to aid us in our endeavor....

We 'Fight' together!

Her speech was moving and even had Strafe fired up. He stood with both of his powerful staffs on his back. Momaru stood beside him as he prepared to fight for the betterment of his country. The added aide of Iwagakure plus the sheer numbers they brought would make this mission an act of war, that was obvious. However, he doubted that anyone would come to help their enemy. Kirigakure was the strongest active nation, and to suggest otherwise was folly. He doubted that Konoha or Suna would want to make an enemy out of them. He was only a few paces off from Solstice, and could see the lightning in her eyes as she believed in her mission and what they were to accomplish. He was thoroughly convinced to follow her whatever that may mean. His attention then turned to the doctor as he spoke.

"Ladies, gentleman. I am known as Dr. Kazako Akira. Today I have been allowed to speak by your esteemed Kage as a representative of Iwa. However I am more than that. I am your neighbor, your ally, and your friend. As such I and those like me have not blinded ourselves to your plight. Nor can we as human beings sit back at the monsterous things happening.

As such I have witnessed more suffering than any one nation could of endured under normal circumstances.*Crack* I have watched this country be burned, *Crack!* I have fought with this country as it was invaded*Crunch!* And now, some fool thinks it wise to test not only a nation that has rebuilt stronger than the others from nothing, *Crrrrack* Has pushed back an invading army so intensly the army has no hope of rising again and no other would dare try *Crack* They dared to test our new alliance and dared to tread on my friends families! They dared to stand against our combined might and chose to wrong you and I WILL NOT STAND FOR IT!

I promise you this. I personally will march next to the Mizukage. I will defy an entire nation and fate if it stands against us and not only will we deliver justice to this Zealot. We will crush anything standing between us and your families and if they dare....IF THEY DARE TO HARM A HAIR ON THEIR HEADS. I will not rest until every hand that took part has been buried! We will take back our own! We will defeat injustice and I will bring your mizukage back just as healthy as you left her. Will you give us your faith?! Will you not give every waking moment to aiding us as you can with weapons, food and ships? I know Kirigakure better. I KNOW THE PEOPLE OF KIRI WILL STAND AND RISE ABOVE THIS LIKE ALL ELSE BEFORE IT!"

The man spoke with the poise and commanding spirit that was required of a Kage. An eyebrow raised ever so slightly at how passionate the man was as he spoke. It seemed that he was genuine in his speech, and for that Strafe was thankful. If Solstice trusted his involvement, then Strafe did as well. Plus it would be nice to have another high level medic to heal and keep the attacking for as strong as possible. He would send a nod towards his direction, just so he knew that Strafe was with him. He moved a hand to Momaru's fur as he noticed another ninja appear tot he Kage. She asked for mercy toward the citizens of Kumogakure. This was obvious, as the people of Kirigakure had been slaughtered in the many attacks that the country had suffered through. She then asked to come along, which make Strafe question her resolve. A person this involved with Kumogakure might have a change of heart, how ever doubtful that might be. Strafe couldn't help but admit he didn't much like the idea.

Then a Hunter Ninja spoke from under a mask. Why would a hunter ninja come to her aide in her appeal. Though it seemed that there was more information that he needed to know before making a judgement. Strafe would wait until they both finished before turning to look at them. He wasn't sure what to make of it, but he knew he would keep an eye on both of them during the mission. He then spoke calmly as he felt he needed to heard back up his Mizukage. He cleared his voice for the floor.

"For those of you who do not know me, I am Strafe Aisu, Sannin, Seven Swordsmen, and top Medic of Kirigakure. I will also be accompanying the Mizukage in her quest. Stay strong in your support of her, as I have known her for many years and know her intentions to be pure. I will personally make sure that our ninja, friends, and allies return as healthy and strong as possible."

He would wait a few moments before continuing with his quick addition to her speech. He felt he needed to say what a few might be thinking.

"As for Sanosuke, I know some of you may be confused as to why a former ally of our village has betrayed us. You may be just as offended by it as I was. As someone who has fought beside Sanosuke, let me be clear. That does not matter now. He has wronged our village and imprisoned our people. Whatever hesitations you might have had, let them go. Only in complete unity may our foes be eliminated." He would finish with a slight bow before looking at the Mizukage with complete admiration. He would never be the public speaker that she was, as it was one of the many qualities he admired in her. He just hoped her hearing him support her would be enough to push her to be the best she had ever been. The coming battle would require that and maybe more.

Strafe then looked through the crowd once more, picking out familiar faces. He noticed a ninja on the roof on a nearby building and recognized him to be the son of the late Mizukage, Sero. Strafe worked alongside his father in rebuilding the village, and thought well of them man. His death was terrible, though his legacy is kept alive in their hearts. Those who saw the black flames remember what he stood for a injured nation. The man's stance gave away that it was indeed Sero Jr. who Strafe made a note to meet. He wondered if the rumors of his abilities were true, though his position would certainly make it seem so. Still, he thought a conversation could be well worth the time during the trip.

As time passed, it seemed like the days got shorter. Before he knew it, Strafe and Momaru were aboard the Mizukage's ship. He couldn't wait to go and get justice for his people. He would look to the sky and patiently await the Mizukage's word. With a single phrase, she would cause the mission that took months to prepare come to fruition. He was ready.

Word Count: 1889
Travel: 600/600
Remaining Word Count: 1289

Mitsuo

Mitsuo

S-rank
Mitsuo had left the lands of the shinobi. He had decided that he wouldn't be coming back and for three years he was able to follow through with that. There was always one thing that had tried to pull him back to his former life and that thing was a man, a beautiful and caring strong man. He couldn't help but think of the man who had turned his world upside down and helped him fix his entire life. He would constantly think of when he had walked into a kunai and taken it in his eye, and this man had saved his life, his vision and had given him a second chance. He dreamt of Strafe Aisu, Sannin of the Village Hidden in the Mists, night after night and it would eventually drive him to a point where he would have to see him again. He made his way back into the continent that had housed him for most of his life, and then worked on finding out where he could find Strafe. He decided that the first place he should go is Kiri and made his way into the village, trying to keep hidden as much as he could, although it was hard for him to go anywhere in the village without being known after him helping the village through the war of Seven Bells. Many people saw his face and recognized him, welcoming him back with opened arms and telling him that they were happy to see him. He specifically made his way towards the medical area, saying hi as he passed people, but having only one goal in mind.

When he finally got to the hospital he looked around to see if he could spot a sign of Strafe anywhere, making his way towards the woman who had helped him find him years before.

"Lord Sasori, it is good to see you again." she said as she approached, Mitsuo smiling and nodding towards her as she spoke.

"Good to see you as well my dear. I was wondering if Strafe is here, I would love to see him again." Mitsuo's voice was soft but broke slightly as he mentioned Strafe, the woman noticing this and chuckling slightly before stopping as she noticed the look in his eye. She smiled at him before looking down at a paper and speaking.

"Strafe has gone to the Mizukage's address in the center of town. If you wish to see him you will find him in the center of town." Mitsuo bowed and made his way towards the gathering in the center of town, making sure he could look around and take everything in. He instantly was drawn towards the Mizukage, Ayakashi was someone whom he had seen in person a couple of times and fought beside once. She was a terrifying force of nature that couldn't be reconned with and Mitsuo had instantly added her to the list of people he wanted to duel before their deaths. As she spoke she got the attention of everyone very easily, her voice as impressive as he remembered it.

For some time now, you have lost contact with your friends, family and loved ones beyond the border of Kumogakure... There is a reason for this, one that I have been reluctant to tell you all until now. Each and every one of you deserve to know the truth behind what has happened and bought us to this grim event. Some time ago, a renegade ninja came to seek asylum in the land of kirigakure, a Jounin from the land of Kumo. This Jounin, spoke some of the iron fist that Sanosuke, the Raikage, rules his lands under. I rejected that offer, due to the harm that open war could cause each of you, and so, it was with a heavy heart that I struck that missing ninja down, was was my duty to ensure the safety of not only my people, but the people of Kumogakure. This scene was witnessed by multiple others...

We 'Fight' together!

Mitsuo was inspired and was prepared to stand behind the Mizukage once again. He was ready to help her with whatever she needed help with ,and marching on the village of Kumo was something he would be glad to help with. He was ready to go to war and follow one of the people he respected most in the shinobi world once more. He had considered taking her offer to join her village in the past, and if Strafe wasn't enough of a reason, this speech only helped him to make that decision once more. He looked towards the next man to speak, instantly feeling his presence and knowing it was one he had felt before, his voice and his tremendously powerful chakra enough to make Mitsuo wonder if he was someone whom he had met. He didn't think on this too long, seeing another person step up and hearing their words before Strafe took the podeum. Mitsuo was overjoyed to see him, and he couldn't help but smile to see his face.

"For those of you who do not know me, I am Strafe Aisu, Sannin, Seven Swordsmen, and top Medic of Kirigakure. I will also be accompanying the Mizukage in her quest. Stay strong in your support of her, as I have known her for many years and know her intentions to be pure. I will personally make sure that our ninja, friends, and allies return as healthy and strong as possible." His resolve was completely unwavering and Mitsuo held onto his every word as though it was the most important thing he had ever heard. How could he possibly deny his heart?

"As for Sanosuke, I know some of you may be confused as to why a former ally of our village has betrayed us. You may be just as offended by it as I was. As someone who has fought beside Sanosuke, let me be clear. That does not matter now. He has wronged our village and imprisoned our people. Whatever hesitations you might have had, let them go. Only in complete unity may our foes be eliminated."

Mitsuo didn't even realise that his feet had started moving on their own accord. HE watched as the man he had come back to this land  for had moved away and realised that he had taken a stand at the podium, shocked as he looked towards the crowd. His mask covered his face and his cloak was keeping the rest of him covered, but he knew that he had to speak.

"Sanosuke is a menace," his voice began to speak without him being able to control it. He didn't know what was happening, but he also couldn't stop it. "I have met him in person once when he was busy dropping a mast on the former leader of my village." He looked across the crowd, looking towards those who had spoken before him before his hand moved to his mask, removing it and smiling his signature crooked smile. "My name is Mitsuo Sarutobi. I fought along side your kage in the War of the Seven Bells and helped bring peace back to your people. I am a former leader of the Konohagakure no Sato ANBU, and while I cannot speak for all of Konoha, I know that I will stand beside the Mizukage in her fight to bring down this monster. I pledge my sword to her, and to Kirigakure in this time of need." His voice didnt' waver, he knew that this was something he truly believed in and had to do. "I am the Sword Saint of Konoha, and I promise you my full support in this issue. Konoha and Kiri are great allies, and we shall stand together through this injustice and bring this criminal to his knees!"

He stepped down and couldn't believe what he had just done. Besides unmasking himself and showing the world that he was still alive, he had spoken in a televised public forum where anyone could have seen him. He bowed before stepping off the podium, walking away and shooting a look back towards Strafe and Ayakashi. His fire was lit and could not be snuffed out until his deed was done. After the ceremony he made his way towards the ships that were heading out, and made the trip to Kumogamure no Kato, the only village that he had never personally been to before. He knew that this would be a trip to remember, for good reasons and for bad...

(WC 1810/600 travel complete)

Kaia~Mai

Kaia~Mai

D-rank
Kaia had simply been following behind her father, moving much like a silent phantom: though one that could be seen, just not heard. She was irritated to put it lightly, her current mood at such odds with her normal happy and joyous self. But, situations like these, added on to the current atmosphere of emotions, never did tend to mix all that well. Happiness was just not something someone was going to feel at times like these - even more so Kaia considering recent events. However, now as not the time to dwell on these issues as it seemed the Mizukage was beginning her speech to which Kaia paid rapid attention.

We 'Fight' together!

It was a moving speech and even in her current mood she could feel the urge to help, the urge to do whatever she could rising up. So of course she fully intended on following after her father. Even with a hum filling her ears, the kind of hum that had been there for days, she still heard every word the next person to speak said, along with her father who spoke third. It seemed everyone was interested in helping out, and Kaia couldn't help but admire the idea of everyone coming together in a time of need like they were. 'Exactly like a village should...', Kaia found herself thinking.

In silence Kaia remained even as the last to address the crowd spoke: revealing himself to be Mitsuo. Kaia felt her entire being go numb: no emotion, no ability to feel anything. Even the anger, rage, and general upset she had been feeling lately was gone. He was alive? He was back? She couldn't believe it, but she also knew she didn't have time to dwell on it. No, there was something else to be done. So she followed after her father as he left, boarded the ship with him while wondering all the while how Strafe might feel about Mitsuo being back. Like her recent usual self though she kept silent during the whole trip... keeping her mind focused on the task at hand rather than what the near future might bring.

Travel Thread: 882 / 600
Remaining: 282
[Travel Complete]

Tsuyo

Tsuyo

D-rank
"For those of you who do not know me, I am Strafe Aisu, Sannin, Seven Swordsmen, and top Medic of Kirigakure. I will also be accompanying the Mizukage in her quest. Stay strong in your support of her, as I have known her for many years and know her intentions to be pure. I will personally make sure that our ninja, friends, and allies return as healthy and strong as possible. As for Sanosuke, I know some of you may be confused as to why a former ally of our village has betrayed us. You may be just as offended by it as I was. As someone who has fought beside Sanosuke, let me be clear. That does not matter now. He has wronged our village and imprisoned our people. Whatever hesitations you might have had, let them go. Only in complete unity may our foes be eliminated."

Words echoed behind him as he walked to where ever he would await shipping out. The idea of eliminating the man being the goal was something he wasn't sure he was comfortable with. He hoped they could resolve this without anyone dying. After all either side suffering casualties could only bring more pain and misery. However he was just a guest in this. A helping hand that had chosen its side. He would accompany this side because he felt it was in the right. Not to mention they had some serious people with them. However he stopped in his tracks as he heard a voice and looked over his shoulder with a frown. "Sanosuke is a menace," He knew that voice. Having Mitsuo there may complicate things. Likely not too much for him because he was already done hiding. Yet if the sword saint felt what he had done was wrong...he would be in for a major fight. Still he let those walking around him continue to do so as he listened. Surprised the man was speaking publicly.

"I have met him in person once when he was busy dropping a mast on the former leader of my village. My name is Mitsuo Sarutobi. I fought along side your kage in the War of the Seven Bells and helped bring peace back to your people. I am a former leader of the Konohagakure no Sato ANBU, and while I cannot speak for all of Konoha, I know that I will stand beside the Mizukage in her fight to bring down this monster. I pledge my sword to her, and to Kirigakure in this time of need. I am the Sword Saint of Konoha, and I promise you my full support in this issue. Konoha and Kiri are great allies, and we shall stand together through this injustice and bring this criminal to his knees!"

Well that much was good he admitted. Mitsuo had a strong sense of justice so if anyone could help prevent bloodshed it would be him. However if it wasn't possible Mitsuo's blade could also prove to be something Akira was incapable of stopping in time. He let out a sigh and rubbed the back of his head. Letting this all wash over him as he turned and continued walking. letting Aya prepare without him with her army and meet with whom she needed. He was retired in a way and yet this felt more exhausting than ever. He would have to be careful but he would try and see justice done.

Exit thread

2000/2000 doton cast trained.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.