You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Emer

Emer

D-rank
Standing there behind the counter of the Shishoo's Grill Emer's hands began to sweat slightly. The orders continued to fly in today, his family was becoming slightly busy due to most of the shinobi having the day off. It was unexpected to be honest. There was no prior warning that they'd receive the day off, and when Emer had arrived at the grill, he had no clue that there was going to be thousands of villagers showing up at the tiny hole in the wall grill. Currently he was cooking some pulled pork, and some grilled beef in front of some customers. They had them sit at a table, in which the meet was cooked right in front of them. The whole room was warm with the steam and fires going within the rooms. The shop had a wide open front, that people just had to walk in to take a seat. Looking around slightly, it seemed that tonight was definitely a full house.

Taking out some small chop sticks, Emer went to work flipping the meat. Soon it was turning into a nice pink on the pork, and a darker red for the beef. Before he began to flip them. The sizzling could be heard throughout the shop. As he applied the seasoning's the customers choose. Sometimes a small fire would appear on top of the meat, from the oil and fat dripping from it into the coals beneath. The head band keeping back the young males long hair, was becoming heavy with sweat. As he was constantly working at the grill sides. Though no one could complain, as the smells of roasting pork, or the sounds of sizzling beef grilled with other ingredients such as Mitake mushrooms and several others. Some could even smell the cooking of fish from other tables. At the current table, Emer had two chunins and a jonin, whom he assumed was the previous Sensei of the two. Considering their laughing and smiling with one another. And how they seemed to be thinking of the past.

Suddenly a loud voice could be heard from behind the kitchen window. As his mother was calling out towards him. "Emer, we need someone over at table seven. There's only one person there." nodding to himself slightly the young man turned around. "Alright mother, I'm nearly finished with this one." A small smile appeared on his face, as he bowed to the two Chunin and Jonin sitting at his table. "Thank you, please enjoy your meal it's ready." They didn't need to be told twice, as their chopsticks seemed to instantly reach for different meat simultaneously. It was interesting to see so many people gathering together in one place. Sometimes it seemed to be a true miracle when everyone got together, and began to enjoy the little things like this. Shaking the random thoughts from his mind, Emer reached back tightening the apron behind his back. Reaching up he repositioned the sweat guard, and ribbon to keep his hair out of the way.

Grabbing a menu, and some chopsticks, the young male headed over towards table seven. When the young male approached, the table, he closed his eyes and took a small bow. Standing back up he started to hand out the menu with a small smile on his face. "Hello, and thank you for choosing Shisoo's Grill, what can I get you today?" His voice was soft and kind, and it seemed that his smile was genuine as he served the customer. When he opened his eyes, he saw just one girl sitting there, she didn't seem to be to far away from his own age. Made him question slightly, if she had the money to pay for a meal. Either way, if she didn't tonight he was in high spirits. He could afford giving out one free meal. He'd consider it his own treat after all.

Kameko

Kameko

D-rank
A day off? What in the world was she going to do with a day off? Her body could certainly use some time to rest and recover; ever since she had reenlisted as a Genin, she had been training or doing missions pretty much non-stop, which was certainly necessary because she was years behind those who had gone straight from the Academy into working as a Genin, but her body was protesting the daily abuse. Although there were no missions today and the various team leaders had been instructed not to assign any team building exercises, she could always go out and train by herself… but then again, the scheduled day off was the perfect excuse for her to take a “me” day. Smiling brightly at her reflection in the bathroom mirror as she washed her face, she decided to do just that…

Aaaand, she was bored. She started her morning with the best of intentions. Unable to break her sleeping patterns and sleep any later than normal, she had begun her day with some meditation and then sat out on the little balcony listening to and watching the birds, a simple pleasure of hers. She cleaned her apartment, read a bit, sorted through some paperwork, and generally did her best to pass the time, but when she checked the clock, it was barely noon. Her normally tidy apartment was now immaculate, and she couldn’t find anything else to occupy her with. Deciding to get some of the fresh mountain air, she went to fetch her coat.

The weather that day was rather crisp, comfortably so in the sun but cold in the shade. Buttoning up her navy blue dress coat, she headed into the main part of the village. By the time she had traveled the various mountain paths and bridges that connected the different parts of Kumogakure, she had built up an appetite and looked around for something to eat. She passed by Yoshida’s, a popular sushi place that she often frequented, in search of something new. Kameko had only herself to feed today, so there was no reason not to experiment. As she walked, the smell of grilling meat hit her nostrils, and turning, she noticed a group of people walking into an open-air restaurant. As she neared, she realized that this was where that appetizing aroma was coming from.

She paused in the entrance, looking around. She’d never really noticed this place before, but based on the number of customers, it seemed like it must be good. ‘Shishoo’s Grill, huh? I wonder if it’s a family business,’ she thought as she watched the group ahead of her seat themselves. Following suit, she found an unoccupied table. She had wondered why a business would keep its front open during the winter months, but the reason was clear as she noticed a small child crying out delightedly as a flame leapt up at another table; with the individual table grills, the restaurant was kept comfortably warm. Unbottoning her coat, she neatly hung it on the back of her chair, revealing an attractive three-quarter sleeved, steel blue dress. A simple silver chain hung around her neck, matching the color of the metal from her hitai-ate that she wore as a headband, the black fabric blending into her dark hair.

Taking a seat, she found that there were no menus left on the table. Folding her hands in her lap, she contented herself with looking around the restaurant at the other patrons while she waited for someone to come by. She had never had a problem with eating by herself and did so on occasion; it was why she tended to go to family restaurants where she got to know the staff a bit. After a few minutes, a young man came up to her table and bowed before her. As he straightened, she noticed that his face was a bit flushed, probably from working around the grills. She mirrored his smile with a friendly one of her own, accepting the menu. She flipped it open and glanced over it while he asked what she’d like. “I’ll have a water, please, and…” The menu lying open on the table before her, she looked back up at the dark haired teen. “Do you have any reccomendations? .. What’s your favorite thing on the menu?” In the vein of trying something new, she often went with the server’s preference. She wasn’t a very picky eater, and they often knew what the tastiest items were.

Word Count: 765

Last edited by Kameko on Mon May 25, 2015 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Emer

Emer

D-rank
Standing there for a moment, Emer looked over the girl. In her own way she had a certain charm about her, it almost seemed like royalty to him. But the way she smiled and spoke, made her seem more mature than her apparent age. Had he made a mistake when judging how old she was? Could she of actually been full grown? Shaking his head slightly the young teen stood there looking her over. She was pretty nice looking for her age, her face a bit more mature than the rest of her body, but that was a sign of a good future for some. But it also meant that she'd mature faster in looks than most. Emer stood at a simple height of six foot even next to the table. While he was dressed in an apron, one could see the simple black t shirt her wore. And the black cargo like pants. His long black hair seemed to shift down his back and stop around mid waist. His eyes though where strange as they possessed a eerie looking grey color to them.

His hand reached up touching the lower side of his jaw as he thought about it. "Well, if I had to say anything from here... I would say the Beef Suriyaki is my favorite. It was my mothers special dish when we where younger. As the beef sirloin costs a pretty ryo or two." He said with a little laugh before putting his hand back down and thought for a moment. "Well, since today has been a boon, don't worry about paying for it today. Consider it a special offer from the Mitarashi family." He said before walking away, not even giving the girl a chance to speak on the matter, he seemed to be a little aloof. As he entered the back room his mother looked at him before he spoke. "At table four, we have a Beef Suriyaki, I need the sirloin, 2 red onions, Suriyaki sauce, Mushrooms. bamboo shoots, Celery, Green onions and oil." His mother was no slacker, she had already began to stack the items needed for it on a platter. "The customer also wishes for a glass of water." One of the preps from the back came forward placing a glass of water on top of the tray. Picking up the rectangle like object Emer headed back out towards the table.

When he arrived at the table, a soft smile escaped from his lips. "Alright, as I'm sure you know with open bar grills, keep your hands back, and your hair pulled up. Make sure you are at least, eight inches away from the grill at any time. And if you have a special request, make sure to do so before cooking is finished. Here at Shisoo's grill we do anything to keep the customer happy." Setting the glass of water down beside the smaller woman, he reached under the table removing two sets of knives, and what one could see as a spitting fork to flip over the ingredients. "Oh, and here at Shisoo's any request you make, we must oblige as long as it's within reasonable means." He said remembering the last part that his mother had repeatedly banged into his head. Waiting for just a a minute, he awaited the girl to move before he started his cooking but he could get the preparation started. Reaching down he moved the steak over before slicing it into thin little strips. With a sirloin, you could get around thirty strips from it. Which was an equivalent to two normal steaks.

Once he finished with that, the young man went to work cutting the mushrooms, bamboo shoots, celery and onions into small pieces. The whole time he was cooking, the boy seemed to wear a smile that was soft. Though most didn't know about Emer's family is the fact cooking, was the time to release all of your emotions. And just to have fun. Reaching down he took the ingredients off the tray and spread them over the grill. The familiar sizzling sound could be heard throughout the grill. The smell of cooking meet began to fill the air. Reaching down Emer grabbed the oil, spreading it across all the ingredients making the fire jump to life on the grill and dance around for a moment. Before it settled down. Now generally a full sirloin would take almost an hour to cook, but when cut into beef strips like Suriyaki, it takes less than twenty minutes. As if making this point, the meat began to brown already. Reaching down, Emer brought out some metal chopsticks, in which he used to began flipping the steak, and moving the vegetables around.

When they had turned a dark pink, He reached back grabbing the small red bottle that held the suriyaki sauce. He gripped it like one would do with ketchup or mustard upside down before squeezing it. Out shot this light brown sauce, with what seemed to be a bit of mustard seeds within it. The smell that now formed from the beef, had almost a sweet smell to it. But you could tell from the beef was caramelizing with the sauce over it. His hands continued to work as he was flipping the small pieces over, with what one could say passion as this was what he enjoyed to do. Stepping back for a moment letting them now darken a bit more. The male began to chop the green onions into small strips before placing them over the steak. Now he would just have to wait for them to finish cooking, which took less than three minutes, and the meal would be finished. The aroma coming from the grill, had several things to it. The onions, mushrooms, and other ingredients all combining into one. The bamboo shoots would be removed before serving as they're inedible.

"There we go, it seems it's almost finished. Is there anything I can get you in the mean time? More water perhaps." He said as the sweat was slowly forming on him again. Working over a grill did that too ya. Making you flushed, and such.

Kameko

Kameko

D-rank
As the young man considered his answer, Kameko couldn’t help but notice his grey eyes. It wasn’t that the color was so unique – the citizens of Kumogakure came in all different shades and colors – but there was something about them. A certain… coolness that seemed a bit disconnected from his mannerisms, particularly as he gave a little laugh at the pricey cut of meat, and then --- offered her that same expensive dish for free? “Oh! Thank you, but…” she had been going to thank him and then decline the offer, but he was already gone off to put the order in. Taking his disappearing act as a way to keep her from protesting, as she had been about to, she decided to just accept his generosity and tried not to think of whether or not it would be coming out of his paycheck; there was always a point where it became more rude to try and decline an offer than to just accept it graciously, and it seemed that this was that point.

A few moments later her server was back bearing his ingredients and her drink. She matched his soft smile with a bright one of her own, glad that she had decided to go out for lunch today, and obediently followed his scripted directions. “Okay,” she replied to his mention of requests but didn’t move to make any. She had been at an open bar grill before, years ago, but she wasn’t particularly familiar with the dish, the Beef Suriyaki, that he had volunteered to fix for her today; even if she had been, she probably would have still let him do his own thing. As the teen began to do just that, she watched his hands closely. While she had enough cooking skills to keep herself fed, she was not nearly as skilled with a knife as he was. In a fraction of the time that it would have taken her to do the same, he had already chopped up all of the vegetables and spread them out on the grill. When the fire suddenly leapt up from the oil, the girl startled a bit then grinned at her own reaction, remembering the little boy who had gleefully cried out when the same thing had been done at his table.

She didn’t say much as the meal was cooked before her, rather distracted by the appetizing sights and aromas that were wafting up from the grill. Her gaze was drawn back up to the young man as he spoke again. “I’m good, thanks. It smells wonderful!” she complimented him. She had actually forgotten about her drink; her mouth was watering enough just at the sight of the meal. Kameko noticed again the flush and the bit of sweat on the chef. “You look like you could use a break,” she commented, not unkindly. “If you have the time, you’re more than welcome to join me. It’d be a shame if you didn’t get to also enjoy the meal that you paid for and cooked yourself.” She welcomed him friendlily, gesturing at the chair on her right. “My name’s Kameko, by the way,” she informally introduced herself with just her first name.

She didn’t know if he had a break coming up or not and wouldn’t be unduly disappointed if he declined her offer. Though kindly meant, it was a bit forward, but that was simply a personality trait of hers. She would enjoy company and never hesitated to ask for what she wanted, regardless of if it was the social norm to do so. Kameko had been fortunate enough to have been born to a very loving couple. With their support, she had grown into the confident young woman that she was today. When she had graduated from the Academy, she had worked with her father, the president of the large and very influential iron import and distribution company, Seika. As the boss’s charming daughter, she had been equally respected and fawned over by his assoicates, and she was accustomed to getting much of what she desired. As a result, she had a self-assuredness more commonly found in a woman of her mid-twenties than a girl in her late teens.

Word Count: 718
Total: 1483

Last edited by Kameko on Mon May 25, 2015 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Emer

Emer

D-rank
Emer stood there for a moment after he had finished cooking. The girl wasn't shy at all, instead she had asked instantly upon a close inspection of him. If he wished to sit down and take a break. Though, honestly it sounded good for him, but the fact was he had other tables to take care of. As soon as he started to open his mouth though. His mother walked over and patted his back with a rough slap. It sounded like she had smacked him with a pan, but when the girl could see her clearly the woman wore a smile. And just had a open hand pushing her own son down in the seat. "Finally, this boy hasn't taken a break since early this morning when we began to open the shop. He'll gladly partake in eating with you." Emer's gaze shot back at his mother was cold and lifeless before he let a small sigh escape his lips. "Well, since I ought to, according to her. I'd be delighted to join you." He said scooting the chair back slightly before leaning back in it. The meat still on the grill, sizzling softly but not getting any darker in color.

Looking over at the girl that had introduced herself, he could see that she was almost drolling at the food. A small smirk came to his face as he leaned forward and began placing some of the meat on two different saucers in front of them. Mixing in some of the vegetables as he did so. "My name is Emer. Emer Mitarashi." He said the last name hesitantly. Almost no one knew about the Mitarashi, and if they did. They knew the clan had nothing special about them. They where average when it came to everything, and never excelled in one thing or another. The clan had nearly been long forgotten by this time. As other families, with unique abilities began to spring forth. But it held no surprise that some Mitarashi still existed, their bloodline though was small. As most looked for the best pairing they could. For better off springs, which had been essential in the shinobi world. Looking over at the girl, she seemed to be different from those he knew. The way she carried herself, showed that she had nobility about her. The way she asked questions wasn't normal. In fact it's almost like she demanded it before.

"As for me enjoying the meal since I cooked and paid for it... I don't think that way. If people enjoy what I cook that's more than enough for me. It means they appreciate something I do. And it's something I love to do more than anything."
If Kameko was paying attention she could see the boy's face was at ease. He appeared older than what he was. Being only sixteen, he had the features of someone in their early twenties. His grey eyes where actually soft right now as he spoke about how he enjoyed cooking. Without hesitation the young man threw a piece of meat into his mouth. The juices flowed out from the meat, as it's kept soft and full because of the suriyaki sauce. It's kind of like a honey and mustard mix. The honey caramelized over the meat, to keep the juices trapped within. After he finished his first bite he looked back around the restaurant, people just kept coming in. Other staff members, including his mother was moving around the tables. Preparing food for buyers, or just making casual conversation with some friends.

"To be honest, I didn't expect this place to become all that popular. It was originally just a ledge house. But when my Father got done with crafting this place with his hands. We had been given a small place to call our own. And so far it's turned out nice. Allows us to share our cooking. What most don't know is when the Mitarashi cook, that's the only time we allow our emotions to show. That way the food taste better than anyone we could compare to. As we put our souls, and hearts into it. Filled with emotion the food always taste better." He said with a small smile before taking another bite. Before turning his attention back to Kameko. "I'm sorry to say, even though you told me your name. You don't seem like someone that would be eating in a restaurant like this. You're dressed a bit to nicely. And the air around you, seems like you're use to better things." He said smiling softly. "But, maybe it's just because I haven't seen you in here before. And you didn't hesitate on asking me to eat with you. And provide some company."

Kameko

Kameko

D-rank
As Kameko invited him to join her, a middle-aged woman came in and familiarly slapped the young man on the back. A quick observation of the pleasant looking woman revealed an unmistakable family resemblance, probably his mother. He was promptly ‘helped’ into the seat she had just offered him, and Kameko did not miss the ill-tempered look he gave his mother before she left them alone to carry on with whatever business she had. ‘I guess they don’t get on so well,’ she observed. Her own relationship with her parents was a very loving one; she even considered them to be her best friends. However, that was an uncommon sentiment among her peers. Whether it was deserved or not, most teens and young adults had plenty of complaints to lodge against their guardians. Though it was hard to tell which this boy was, a teen or a young adult, he was certainly near her own age of eighteen. She had a hard time figuring out what he was all about. Although her gut spoke well of her new lunch companion, he seemed to jump from cold and aloof to smiling and pleasant; it was hard to get a read on him, but she trusted her instinct today, as she usually did, and decided that he was probably  a ‘good guy’. She wouldn't have invited him to join her if she didn't think as much.

Emer Mitarashi. The name wasn’t familiar. She had a basic working knowledge of the primary clans who made Kumogakure their home but knew little of the smaller ones. All she got from his name was an affirmation that she, indeed, had not gone to Academy in the same class as him and that his family was likely uninvolved in the business of weapon sales and manufacturing. As Emer served out the food, she eagerly used her chopsticks to try the Beef Suriyaki. ‘Mmm…’ closing her eyes briefly, she savored the hot, delicious, tender strip of meat. Swallowing, she reached for her water. “Well, I certainly appreciate it,” she replied, not having to reach far for the compliment before taking a drink. The food was as good as it had smelled! She was surprised that she hadn’t heard of the place before.

He seemed very proud when he spoke of his family’s restaurant, which she both respected and took advantage of, able to begin eating without appearing rude or stalling the conversation. Though she was drawn to power and affluence, which this tasty but small restaurant did not have claim to, she could understand the desire to want to have something to pour himself into and call his own. That was, in a way, the reason why she had decided to return to the shinobi life; she had wanted to earn something without the stigma of having been given it due to nepotism. Of course, earning herself praise and accolades was a big part of it, too, but she didn’t disparage his pride in the least.

A bit abruptly, his words changed direction from the restaurant to her directly, and she couldn’t tell if they were meant to be a criticism or just an observation. Made slightly uncomfortable by his comment on her dress and about some sort of ‘air’ about her, she looked down at herself. The steel blue dress fit her slim figure well, and she knew that the color made the blue color of her eyes 'pop'; it was why she owned so many blue clothes, after all. She was dressed well, but that didn't deviate from how she always dressed when given the option to wear something besides the active wear that her career required. Perhaps it was from having grown up tagging along into the professional world, her ‘casual attire’ was dressier and more put together than others. Those bright blue eyes made a quick scan of the restaurant and found that she was, indeed, a bit overdressed for the place, but that wasn’t really uncommon for her. Coming back to Emer, she offered him a shrug, saying unapologetically, “I like nice things. Nice clothes, nice food,”, and after a pause, “Nice company.” The words were spoken with a pleasant enough expression; she didn't wouldn't apologize for being well-dressed, but she didn't feel inclined to drive him away just from some ambiguous comments.

She couldn’t respond to his question about her airs, because he hadn’t really asked one. Not that she would have known what to say if he specifically had. Having been raised to carry herself in a certain manner - her mother had done all that she could to give her daughter any advantages, as she would more than likely inherit Seika from her father - and having become accustomed to others treating and deferring to her in specific manners, she was simply behaving as she always did and could not recognize what he perceived as her putting on airs. After all, one rarely is aware of their own mannerisms. In an attempt to turn the conversation away from a commentary - a criticism? - of herself, she asked, "What do you like to do when you aren't working, Emer? I suppose everything else must dim in comparison if you only feel when you're cooking." The assertion that he had made about the Mitarashi only letting themselves show emotion during that one activity was an interesting one. 'Is that it? That talking with me, or anyone, is boring unless its in regards to a meal?' Taking another bite of the dish, she admitted to herself. 'I don't know about tasting his emotions, but it sure is good.'

Word Count: 954
Total: 2437

Last edited by Kameko on Mon May 25, 2015 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

Emer

Emer

D-rank
Emer sat there for a moment, he was enjoying the meal at the moment. The girl seemed to talk less than he did, but it seemed she had manners about her. But then again, it was a random encounter that could be dismissed at a later date as a small meeting between cook and customer. When she spoke about appreciating that he was delighted to join her. A small laugh seemed to come from him, barely audible but it was there. It seemed that the quietness between them would last a little bit as he finished speaking. The young male, couldn't help but notice that she was enjoying the beef as he spoke. It seemed that she had liked the suriyaki that was sitting in front of her. Taking the opportunity himself. The male began to eat along side her for a couple of minutes. Before she began to speak towards him again. Though, she began talking about the things she liked. He had mentioned how she was dressed a bit different. And her eyes had took a look around the restaurant before returning to him. He wasn't expecting such a straightforward answer, this caused Emer to shake his head slightly.

"I suppose it can't be helped. At least that's one good thing. Is that you can admit what you like. And that's something most can't seem to do. Let alone would they be able to do the things they talk about being nice. And wanting to participate in such a thing." Though the last part seemed to catch the young man off guard. As she talked about nice company, it was a shock alright that she considered him pleasant company. Though when he looked over at her with his eyes. They seemed to be a little dead. "Don't get me wrong, I don't know you, and you don't know me. Our company together is over a meal, and it's the only time I'll say how I feel. If you consider me good company, than you have everything backwards. Anything after this, is shut away from me. This will be in the past at least until I cook again." His words where cold as he looked back down at his meal before taking another bite. The flavor seemed to explode in his mouth. He wasn't trying to be rude to her, but he didn't want the girl expecting if they bumped into another at the streets, that he would be as friendly. A small sigh seemed to escape the male. "Not that I mind having a nice conversation once and a while when I'm eating. It has been nice meeting you."

He wasn't the most friendly person in the room, but at least he could speak his mind. And the fact that he didn't hide anything from someone would be something to remember about him. Even if it wasn't the most pleasant thing to hear when you're sitting and having lunch with another. When she asked about what he liked to do besides cooking the males chopsticks stopped right about his lips as he tapped them against each other. "Well, I suppose there's not much I do that I truly enjoy besides for cooking. All I do after this, is practice my Medical Ninjutsu, and then I practice Genjutsu with my father. It seems to be the only thing I'm good for lately. That and cooking. When I was younger, they decided to use me as an experiment for poison. A snake had bitten me when I was six, they continued to play with the poison through medical ninjutsu. Modifying it for months. Putting my body through the ultimate test. In the end, they grew bored with it, and sent me to the hospital after a time." His hand reached back down and grabbed up a piece of beef before taking a bite.

"I suppose, if someone really studied my body, they'd see that it has scars internally, nothing that you can tell from the outside. But it does make some things painful to do. And it causes me discomfort. But with Medical Ninjutsu, I've been able to suppress the pain to a degree some times." When she began talking about him cooking. A small smile appeared on the males face before he shook his head. "No, I do like some things I have to say. The sunset is one of them, or when the water's just right for a bath. Each is nice. I do like getting out of the house on my days off, and just going up the mountain path, and laying within the forest for a while." He said thinking of his last day off, he had headed up to the tip top of the northern mountain. It was cold, but the tree's there and wildlife had been nice. "And conversation like I said is nice... But at the same time, it's something that is forgotten in the long run. Mitarashi are use to being forgotten, that's why we don't try to stand out anymore. There's really no reason." Emer's smile began to fade slightly.

"Half the time, when the customers come back in here, they don't remember my name, or my face. All they remember is what I cook, and how it tastes. I suppose that's good enough. Because one day, I'm no longer going to be here... This family will be moving soon. Like always, we're traveling Vagabonds as my father puts it."
Emer laid the chopsticks down at the side of his sauce before taking off the soaked headband. His hair dropped down. His bangs parted, stretching down to his shoulders. The back of his hair falling from the bun, flowed down to the mid of his back, and sat there as he relaxed a bit more. "But, as long as I hold onto this joy of mine, I suppose things aren't so dim." His face, didn't show what his words said. In fact it almost looked sad that he was never remembered, but it was a face that had grown to accept it as well. "Anyway, I think my time here is done. There's a few more pieces. When you're done. Don't forget to tell the preps back in the kitchen hall thank you. It means more to them than you'd imagine." He said as he started to stand up.

Kameko

Kameko

D-rank
Abruptly, Emer turned his gaze upon her, and the look in those grey eyes was like a corpse’s; it reminded her of a picture she had once seen of a dead man’s unseeing eyes. Despite the warmth in the restaurant, she shivered at the association. Back then, the sight had been enough to make her ill, and it didn’t exactly aid her appetite now. She couldn’t really understand what he was going on about when he spoke of things being shut away, but the shift from prideful, pleasant young man to this iciness made her a bit uncomfortable. He seemed to be honest enough, but with these mood swings – or whatever they were – she didn’t really know what to expect next; that wasn’t a position that she liked to find herself in. He admitted that he enjoyed meeting her, but the words were not congruous with his cold demeanor.

Regardless of him viewing this conversation as a one-time only, more or less futile exercise, he continued to answer her questions, and he did so in great detail. More detail that she had expected, especially after his previous declaration. In quick succession she learned about his hobbies and his specialties – ‘So he’s also a shinobi.’ – , some sort of abuse that had occurred in his childhood – ‘Something about a snake?’, but she couldn’t follow the story well enough to know who had been doing the experimenting. Kumogakure didn’t have as much of a reputation for that sort of thing as other villages, Konohagakure for example, did, but she did not keep tabs on what sort of things were going on in the hospital and among the medical-nin. – , the things he liked, - ‘And now he’s smiling again? Though I can see why he likes the mountains, perhaps I should go out there for my meditation one day.’ - , and then he brought it back to the pointlessness of conversation and building bonds with anyone. The flood of information was a bit much for her, and she didn’t interrupt, trying to absorb the mini-auto-biography that she’d been given.

It took her until he moved to leave to sort her thoughts, and she didn’t bother filtering them as she said, “The Mitarashi are always forgotten? It sounds like you do that to yourself. What’s this idea of never building bonds, never connecting with anyone because you’ll leave ‘one day’? How long have you been limiting yourself with that excuse? Is your goal just to live a lonely little life and then turn to dust, with no one even noticing your departure? Don’t talk about the futility of it all when you’re the one isolating yourself.” Her words came out like a challenge, but mostly just as her own thoughts. She couldn’t wrap her mind around someone who had no desire to leave a mark on the world. Everyone that she’d ever met had wanted to be remembered by someone. Sure, not everyone wanted to receive the recognition that she so craved, but everyone wanted to be cared about by a few people. It would have been easier to accept his assertion that he wanted to walk around like a ghost until he became one in actuality, if he didn’t seem so preoccupied with the idea of it. In her opinion, if he had really wanted that, he wouldn’t have wasted his time spilling his guts out to her, and he certainly wouldn’t have kept repeating that idea. It seemed to be a strategy to push her, or anyone else who approached, away so that he didn’t have to deal with… whatever it was that he had such a complex over. Her confronting him wasn’t necessarily because she wanted to be someone important to him, but more of that she was straight-forward – or more accurately, blunt – and she couldn’t understand the way he was acting. It seemed that he was lying to her but, far more importantly, to himself.

Word Count: 682
Total: 3119

Last edited by Kameko on Mon May 25, 2015 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Emer

Emer

D-rank
Standing there for a moment, Emer looked back at the girl as she started a string of questions .It seemed that she had taken in a lot within that short amount of time. Most people set it off as wish wash, and choose to ignore halfway through it. Though it seems that she didn't share that same quality as the others. Though, with Emer's personality she probably wouldn't be expecting him to answer back to each question individually. "As for the Mitarashi, yes we are forgotten. Tell me when you've heard of the clan itself? The last known date of our existence, was long forgotten. Since the other clans had developed a way to make themselves better than what we are. We do not possess a Kekkai Genkai, or anything along the lines. We're average, in fact we even have trouble using the simplest of jutsu. Because we're born below average." Sitting back down for a minute. If he was going to answer each question, it would be rude to the woman by standing the entire time. "Though, I suppose being one of the first shinobi in the world, it turns out that you can be outdated by those that have a mutation or something."

Letting a small yawn escape his lips he went to continue her second question. "As for never building bonds, that's just something we do. There's no reason when we're easily forgotten. We haven't done it to ourselves. It's just what has happened to us over the course of time. And what I mean by we will leave one day, either by killing off each other in the Mitarashi clan, or the fact that we'll be moving away to another village. Simple, we never stay in one area for too long. In fact I think the last place we actually stayed as far as I could remember. Was my mother telling me somewhere near Kirikagure." Though her next question made a small smile appear on his face. Though it wasn't one that was considered pleasant. "Well, I suppose I don't consider them limitations set by myself. But I have no choice in the long run. I mean, I have to follow the rules set by my parents or be beaten. It's better just to follow their rules, causes a lot less pain. And a lot less experiments." When she began to speak about being forgotten as a lonely little dust. He just shook his head letting a sigh escape his lips. Thinking slightly that she had become a bit of a sore with her question. They lacked any manners.

"Honestly, as long as I'm here. Cooking and doing what I like when it's my free time. Either spending it here, or up in the wilds, I care less what people think of me. I talk to them about my past, about my hobbies. But none of them remember. I suppose that makes the Mitarashi unique. They have the curse of being forgotten. And that's not a limitation set by me. I tried my best when it came to make us stand out. Truth is, regardless of what I did. I came in the bottom of the academy when it came to jutsu's. But when it came to the test, and knowledge I was able to surpass my classmates. At least in the written parts. So It's sort of futile as you say." When she spoke about being the one to isolate himself. His cold eye's turned to look into her's directly. "No, I haven't set this upon myself. This has been decided way before my generation. I may not be the most pleasant, but if you watch slowly. You'll see that I never hesitate when it comes to trying to stand out. I found it's just easier to be remembered when you're hated. So that seemed to be the best path to go."

Turning his attention back to the restaurant. "Being here, I'm not remembered but it is a joy I hold. Now tell me... No it does no good to be sarcastic to you Kameko. But, Have you ever been in the situation, where an experiment is more valuable than your own life? That your parents used you to develop things using your body? Knowing full well that it's slowly killing you. And that you're hurting for days without any relief? If you don't, than obviously you've never gone around to see most of the families fighting to stay here." His voice trailed off a bit, as he watched his mother moving around the tables and grills cooking for people. With a smile on her face. Sure she seemed sweet right now, but only he knew. The torture he had been put through when younger. And it'll always be the same. Without realizing he began to speak aloud. "It's the same as always... When you're bored of me, I'm dispensable and you'll toss me away again..."

Kameko

Kameko

D-rank
As Emer went on a bit of a rant, contradicting everything she had said, the young woman shook her head slightly. She was not one to go around trying to fix everyone that she met; with her own ambitions, she simply didn’t have the time to try to solve every case, especially when the person in question had no interest in being helped. He seemed to have his mind set on being a martyr, regardless of what may or may not have happened to him, and based on his reaction to her previous interjection, he clearly wished to remain so. To blame one’s behavior on another’s actions, particularly the idea that how he behaved now was a decision made by another generation was just making excuses, in her opinion.

Rising from her seat, she slipped her dress coat on, leaving the buttons unfastened as she replied to him, “I cannot say that I have experienced that, and I'm sorry that you have. You say that you’re studying medical ninjutsu and genjutsu? If so, then you have plenty of options. As a shinobi of the village, you’ll be provided with enough income to support yourself. I don’t know how old you are, but if you’re still considered a minor, getting yourself emancipated is always an option if you don’t like your family situation… If you’d prefer to cook then work as a shinobi, then there are plenty of other restaurants around the village who’d be happy to hire a trained chef. Especially one as skilled as you.” As she pulled her dark hair out from the collar, she urged him, “Take charge of your life, Emer. It’s the only one you’ll have.” She nodded towards the table they had sat at. “Thank you for lunch. It was delicious.” Afterwards, unless he moved to stop her, she would exit the restaurant and continue with her day, though she would make a mental note of Emer’s face and name, intending to remember it just to prove him wrong the next time they ran into each other. Kumogakure was small enough – there was a reason it was called a village, after all – and it was likely that, now recognizing each other’s face in the crowd, they would run into each other again at some point.

[Exit Thread]

Word Count: 396
Total: 3515

Training Stats:
Strength: C -> C-3 1875/1875
Perception: C-1 -> C-3 1300/1300

Remaining: 340

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.