You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Venrir

Venrir

D-rank
The day had been gray and dark. Too bad for Venrir, he loved to look up at the sky and see the clouds casually float by. It was something to ease his mind after a hard day of missions and training. However, today it was just one big and flat color. One enormous cloud taking up the whole sky for itself. "What a selfish cloud..." , he said as his eyes peered up. "It might rain soon as well. Maybe it will bring me some refreshment when I do this training thing." He maneuvered toward the Battle Plateau. This is where he usually trains when he feels like it. He had his hoped up fro a good and successful training. After all, he had been in his mania state all day long. He had so much energy stored up in his body and all of it needed to go. That was when he wanted to go train. It was the best way to have stress go away and to get himself to rest a little. Without it he could barely sleep.

When he reached his usual practice spot, he swung his backpack on the ground and racked his knuckles. "It's time to sweat!" How much was he happy? Only himself knew that, but he screamed it out and told himself that he would not rest until he had learned something. His body was tensed up with excitement and a big grin on his face was clear to be seen.

First, he stretched his legs and arms. Placing one hand on the ground and placed a foot next to it. He set his other foot as far as possible with his heel still touching the hard substance. So Venrir did with both legs. To get his arms warmed up he swung them in circles back and forth a few times. At last, he cracked his neck from side to side.
Now he could finally start with the first punches. A nearby tree was the victim. His taijustu isn't at best, he barely uses it and only if he feels at the top of his game. Yet, he trains it like a beast. It could come in handy whenever he needs it and if right in that important moment, he doesn't have the skill. He's done for.
Since he was hyperactive the whole day, it was perfect to train is skill in close combat. His striking and speed are what he calls 'the most important'. If Venrir would somehow not have the advantage in ninjutsu. His only shot would be the punches, he is training right now.

After an hour of more taijutsu training, he fell back onto his back. "I can't do anything. Damn it. My energy has faded already. All because, I started to think negative. If I could only have more motivation to do this thing. That would help a lot." However, Venrir just couldn't get to find a little inspiration to get along with more of this useless training. He let his head hand back onto the ground and let his blue eyes wander over the surface of that one big cloud. "If I only had such confidence to take up the whole sky for myself. I envy you, cloud... Just floating and claiming the air for yourself."

Total Wordcount: 555
555 - 75 = 480
480 - 150 = 330
330 - 225 = 105
REA: E - 0 > E - 1: 75/75
REA: E - 1 > E - 2: 150/150
REA: E - 2 > E - 3: 225/225
STR: E - 0 > E - 1 : 75/75

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Many thoughts plagued Kenji. Most of all... had his absence left Kumogakure vulnerable? He could not know, as he was detached from the village during his time away. He was now back, and ready to get back adjusted. The cool air of the village hidden in the clouds welcomed him back with opened arms. Only time would tell if the villagers were as urbane.

Blanketing the sky above was a cloud that seemed to stretch out infinitely. Its span reached out like a child longing for his mother. A grin grew gradiently as he basked briefly in the beauty of his home. The altitude, the cool climate, the majestic mountains, the rolling clouds, all made for an aesthically pleasing place to live... to Kenji at least. On his path to his residence he would pass by the battle plateau. Unbeknownst to him, his sight shifted to the location and spotted someone training alone. Hmm, I guess I can take out some time to see how this young warrior is doing. It will also give a chance to greet and get to know the new faces around here. Veering now to the battle plateau, his gaze drifted back up to the clouds momentarily.

A slit in the single sheet of cloud, slicing through was a slive of sunlight. The light shined on Kenji who was now atop the plateau, a couple yards from the other guy. Kenji began to study the individual rapidly, taking in his appearance and demeanor. Promptly after, he initiated the meeting. Hello. My name is Kenji, a shinobi of Kumogakure. Who are you? He spoke with a cold tone, but there was something about him that was amicable, like the fact that he introduced himself at all. Do you mind if I train with you?

Training WC: 298

Venrir

Venrir

D-rank
Venrir hadn't noticed anyone coming closer, until someone spoke to him. He raised himself from the ground with a surprising look on his face. His eyes scanned the person before saying anything back to him. He found the stranger rather intimidating. His colder tone and the feeling the boy got while looking at him. "My name is Venrir, also from Kumogakure." His voice had no specific tone or style. However, it was without any sigh of emotion. His eyes still peered up at the man and they too gave no sign of any emotion, maybe a little bit of his mania was left over to have a small shine in them. Apart from that, there was not much feeling to the appearance of the Genin.
This stranger was lucky that Venrir wasn't in any bad or depressed mood, or maybe in his full mania. People tend to strike him a glare when he had passed one of the worse emotional states he could have.

"Go ahead. There's enough place for another two. Can I ask what makes you want to train with a Genin? I have this feeling you already surpassed my power and strength." Venrir stood up, stretching by letting his body slide forward touching the ground. Then the Genin moved up again, waiting for an answer from this mysterious person. While a few gust of wind came by, Venrir just kept examining every move of this individual in front of him. For all the Yamamoto knew this person could take him out with a single blow. It gave him a strange gut feeling and it may be his instincts that want to watch the movements closely, but he figured that being careful wasn't a bad thing. Even if it would become a full fletched fight, the only thing he'd do is run. Not that that would help.

Total Wordcount: 869
Used for training: 525
Remaining: 344

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Face still supressing any noticable emotion, Kenji responded to Venrir's inquiry on why he wished to train with a Genin. Venrir also made the assumption that Kenji had far surpassed Genin strength. As he observed Venrir, he discerned that he was on edge... so Kenji decided to lighten up with a slight grin as a gust of wind passed over causing his blue hair that reached up to wave. Kenji nodded. I have surpassed Genin rank. I am Kumogakure's Sanin. My purpose in training with you is to simply test your skill and see to it that Kumogakure is producing the finest shinobi possible. Kenji drew a kunai and began to twirl it between his fingers.

After a few seconds, he continued to speak. One might think Kenji was plannig to initiate a light spar but he wanted to talk some more first. What motivates you? Why do you choose to live life on the brink of danger? Kenji was always eager to know why anyone would want to be a shinobi. Guilt and deprivation was what initially drew Kenji to the lifestyle. Being prohibited from being a shinobi and then losing someone close to him because he was not strong enough.

The kunai continuied to twirl endlessly transitioning seamlessly through Kenji's fingers, threatening to be launched at any moment.

Training WC: 521

Venrir

Venrir

D-rank
Venrir's eyes widened with the word Sannin. This guy, he was one of the most powerful ninja? His stomach twisted. Now he must watch his steps going further with Kenji. One bad move or word could maybe cause something he'd rather avoid. However, his motivation sounded truthful, this had an effect on the previous feeling Venrir got. Somehow, he felt more at ease. If it would have been an offensive one. Well, he wouldn't know what to do. Dying would be the best option there. Yet, it would not come to that.

Just when the Genin had left the bad gut feeling behind, his suspicion was raised by the twining kunai. His eyes followed it's every move. Gulping away some of the emotions, he did not want to show his fear. With filling his lungs with air and letting it out again, he closed his eyes and opened them after. Due to that he got some of his cool attitude back. "What if I'm not fine enough? You going to use that kunai on me?" Whatever got him to manage to speak up like that, it was driving him now. Maybe leading him in a bad direction. At least he said something. Besides, showing weakness wasn't his thing. "My motivation you say? I don't have any. Not dying maybe? Having some responsibility would be fine and useful. Exhausting myself so I can eventually get some peace and sleep? I had to be something. You see, I don't know why there should be a reason behind every little thing you do. Maybe I'll end up in a grocery store, who knows?" His state was going more to one of the deepest depths he could reach. Not due to the man, but just thinking why he would do this thing. That cloud also got on his nerves. On the other hand, the little beams that could reach through the vague substance, got him a bit better. "Your kunai makes me nervous. What is the point in that?"

WC Remaining: 688/1000
Jutsu training: Lighting Release: Javelin (雷遁・槍 ~ Raiton: Yari)

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The blue haired Sannin smiled as Venrir proposed that Kenji might kill him if he was not good enough. Kenji shook his head as Venrir continued to speak. Venrir then announced that he had no motivation to speak of... only an urge to do something, that something happened to be this. That is fine. Being a shinobi is a difficult job, and one must be able to think critically. You must be highly skilled at reading other people... but before you can read others it helps to be able to read yourself. So as long as you know you are not explicitly motivated by anything... you are fine for now.

An abbreviated laugh escaped Kenji's mouth as Venrir admitted that the twirling of the kunai was making him nervous and that he did not see the point in Kenji doing it. Ahh, this helps with the dexterity in my fingers and my concentration. It also helps in initiating spontaneous training exercises. An evil grin was plastered on his face as the kunai left his fingertips and took flight for Venrir's abdomen. At the release Kenji attached a chakra string to it. In the event of a dodge, block, or deflection, Kenji would use the chakra string to follow up with a surprise strike.

This was all in good fun. However, given his great power, he had to be exceedingly mindful. Even mustering up a tenth of his strength could inflict severe injuries on the Genin. Perhaps Venrir would show Kenji enough to end the test early and they could resume a battle of words instead.

365/370:

Training WC: 788

Venrir

Venrir

D-rank
His eyes always watching the kunai, even as the other man spoke. Basically he didn't hear a thing Kenji said. The kunai was getting on his nerves and he said it. The words that were meant for him to hear were ignored. Venrir just didn't have the time or mind to concentrate on both. It was the chat he'd have to give direct attention or that twining kunai. It was a choice easy made, especially if it would be shot toward him. With having no idea of what the other shinobi said he just nodded at whatever he heard.

Venrir's eyes widened with the sight of the kunai being launched. He knew that his speed was not a match for the Sannin, nor his strength. However, a kunai must be the easiest thing to avoid, especially when his eyes were fixated on the object. However, Venrir had just a few seconds to react. As soon as he saw the kunai being fired at him, he jumped up casting hand signs in mid air. "Gale Style. Storm Senbon." Venrir said in the air, preparing for his counterattack. He knew it had no use. This guy was way too good to even get hurt. He just had to try. Show him he maybe has some potential. The senbon Venrir created were fired with pairs of two at a time. Until the limit of 10 senbon were done. Some were aimed for his abdomen and some for his torso. All Venrir was hoping to achieve with this was to get a little time to get back on the ground without any harm coming to him. Maybe even hide somewhere to think of something else than mindlessly attacking.

135/150:

WC: 976/100
Training jutsu Raiton: Yari

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The Genin reacted promptly, showing that he was focused primarily on Kenji twining the kunai. Impressive. His admiration did not stop there. As Venrir dodged by jumping up, normally this would not stop Kenji from manipulating the kunai to strike again, Venrir did not just dodge but he simultaneously launched a counter attack. A rather unusual one at that. I don't recognize this nature manipulation. His interest steadily rose as the augmented senbon drew closer. Venrir had released 10 senbon with peculiar properties, aimed at various spots of Kenji's body. Hefty effort indeed.

With his gloves of reflection on, he grabbed hold of his rusty katana. He batted away all of the senbon witn dazzling speed and the grace of an expert kenjutsu user. The first senbon was closing in on his neck, Kenji held his katana vertically only grazing the senbon, but just enough to cause it to miss. Whizzing right after it was one much lower, Kenji let his wrist give way and spun the katana so that the tip was now pointing downwards. It was now in position to stop the kunai but he saw another on track for his shoulder, he would not be able to that one so once the senbon clanked against Kenji's kantana he gave his wrist a flick and sent the senbon up to intercept the one coming for his shoulder. To deflect the rest he just used wide swooping swift slashes. If Venrir was still in plain sight after Kenji dismissed his counter, Kenji would sheath his katana. Not bad. You have anything else you'd like to work on other than that unique nature type. Kenji clenched his fist. You seem strong, perhaps close combat is what you want. Kenji smirked, as he found Venrir entertaining. Even though he was aware of him being a Sannin he still had the nerve to talk to Kenji in a manner bordering on irreverent. He reminded him a lot of himself.

If Venrir was not so easy to locate, he would use his senses to stay alert and attempt to track him.

Training: 1141

Venrir

Venrir

D-rank
Venrir counted all the senbon being blocked. He didn't dare to watch, he might be seen. Even if he would not stick his head out, he figured that Kenji could sense him as soon as Venrir went to hide. His nerves reach his limit as he heard that last senbon being stopped. However, during the time he was concentrating on another sense, he heard a different kind of sound. It still was metal, but of other consistence. Now he was cracking his brain on what that might be. He bumped his head against the surface he leaned against.
After a while he didn't hear anymore, only the voice of his opponent. Whatever this man was trying, Venrir wasn't stupid enough to come out for close combat. That would surely be this fight's end and not in his favor. Yet, he didn't have much more jutsus, so he could rely on his taijutsu, but that would lure him out. 'Of course, my Hidden Mist Jutsu. I could use that as defense for my close combat or maybe use another long distance jutsu. This guy could have genjutsu or any other counter attack for the mist. I can try. Maybe use a clone first just to test his skill and then maybe in between the clones use a simple jutsu. I think I have it.'

Venrir took a deep and good breath, preparing for his Hidden Mist Jutsu. As he was about to appear and run back in the scene, he set his hands to his mouth. Then he jumped out of his hiding spot back in the open. With running he closed the distance between the two and when close enough he launched the mist out of his mouth. As the jutsu took place in the area, Venrir dropped to the ground. With his belly in the stone he created two clones. 'Let's see how this will work out.' He send out the two in Kenji his direction. The Genin rolled onto his back trying to remember where the man stood, so he could focus on his lone bullet. Again, he made the right hand signs and focused on his chakra. He placed his hands in a gun formation, aiming at where he thought the man stood. A loud bang came from the money bullet being shot.

100/150:

WC: 1000/1000 Training Raiton: Yari: Finished
WC Remaining 368
SPD: E - 0 > E - 1 75/75
SPD E - 1 > E - 2 150/150
PER: E - 0 > E - 1 75/75

WC Remaining: 68

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Once again Venrir proved to be a fighter. After Kenji's psychological ploy, his trainee rushed from behind a rock and set his path for Kenji. The idea that the Genin was bold enough to actually engage in a taijutsu brawl quickly faded as he expelled a thick mist from his mouth. Hidden mist jutsu, very useful technique. Once the mist covered the area, Kenji saw Venrir drop to the ground and create two figures jetted out towards him. Kenji's perception allowed him to see through the mist fairly easily, so he saw every movement made by Venrir with only minor obscurities. It was obvious the figures were mere academy clones as they made no sound and did not disturb their surroundings.

His focus was on the real Venrir who was making hand seals and was now targeting him. It became clear that Venrir nor his clones were truly sure of his position. Therefore he proceeded to leap about 5 meters to his right. While in mid air he drew his long bow and loaded it. While airborne he shot an arrow at Venrir's foot. Kenji landed softly after coasting in the air for about two seconds which only half of that time was used to draw and shoot.

Training: 1352

Venrir

Venrir

D-rank
As Venrir didn't hear anything being hit, he looked around carefully. However, as he wanted to stand up, his foot got shot at. His eyes peered to the injury and saw an arrow sticking out. He grunted while he was pushing himself up, only using one foot. As much as he wanted to pull out the arrow, it was logical not to. It would just bleed more. The arrow kind of worked as a plug, keeping the wound shut just a little bit. He did still lose blood. Venrir cursed under his breath and thought of how this man could see though the mist. He figured a skilled ninja like him wouldn't just be defeated by such a basic jutsu. The damage to his foot, did handicap him to only Ninjutsu as Taijutsu was now risky. Even more than before. Without his both feet he wouldn't and couldn't even come close. Again, he cursed. Both his clones vanished, the were of no use any longer. Not that they were of use before.

Venrir walked backward with a limb, trying to reach the edge of his mist. Now it was just a disadvantage for him, just as his wound. The 15 meter range of the jutsu was longer than he thought. Maybe it was just his head that messed with time and made it seems long. The stinging in the foot was worse every time he had to use the muscles that were hit. Finally, the end of the jutsu. He fell down on the spot. Venrir was now a hurt deer, a nice meal for a vicious beast. Yet, the 20 year old knew that his opponent could attack at any time, coming out of the mist in surprise. He clenched his kunai in his right hand as he held another one in his left. One to throw and one for some defense. As he had both weapons in hand, he kept pushing himself over the ground, further away from his own jutsu.

Remaining WC: 407

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Yikes! My aim is better than I remembered. Kenji cringed. Was he unable to see the arrow?? Why in the Ginkaku and Kinkaku would he use a jutsu that robbed him of his own vision? Kenji then called out as he walked gradually through the mist. Don't leave now. I was just getting used to the environment. You know, you should really try and compensate for the drawbacks of your techniques. If you have a jutsu that attempts to rob all parties of their sight, you should develop a sensing jutsu before using it. Kenji now had his eyes locked on Venrir and he formed a few hand signs. Let's see what your fears are.

It was the time Kenji loved the most. The time where he could see the true grit and will of a young shinobi. Being injured and afraid were two of the most vulnerable times for a shinobi. How would Venrir respond?? Found out in the next post.

Training: 1516

355/370:

Venrir

Venrir

D-rank
"One must sacrifice things to have new ideas. Besides, I'm training for that right now." the Genin answered. However, the man was right, this jutsu was only of use when the user himself could see through it. He still had to train that part for a perfect defense. As Venrir was expecting another shot or physical attack, a male voice appeared. It seemed the voice was in pain. He shakingly turned his head around to where the sound was coming from. The blue eyes were wide and in total shock. It was his uncle that yelped. Venrir froze on the spot. The man that kept him going as a shinobi was only to be ripped in pieces. It seemed like one of his worse dreams had come true. The thought of death to his dear family member. The only man that supported him. His wide eyes produced a single tear that found it's way down to the tip of his chin. The male Genin crunched his teeth onto each other.
"My uncle died years ago...Don't make me remember those days again." His voice was faint. Even if he knew that this was not real, it could not be real. It did however feel real.

Both his feet were replaced in the direction of the illusion. His foot was still hurt, but somehow it felt less paining as the sight that was burned in his mind. It was still a sting, but now it was in the back of his mind. The most important thing was that in front of him. One of his kunai in hand were thrown at the uncle. "You are not real. It is impossible." The Genin, still shocked from the vision, turned around to the mist. "And you. Come out. I will lose, but now I don't care." The male took on a taijutsu stance. Resting most of his weight on his good foot, letting the other rest. It was useless to use more ninjutsu. The position Kenji was in, he had no idea of it. The best was to lure this man out.

Remaining WC: 760

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Out of the mist, the blue haired shinobi emerged to find that Venrir had assumed a taijutsu stance. He called Kenji out, he was not afraid anymore. It seemed he had accepted the state of the contest... So you have determination. That is helpful, perhaps we can add skill to your repertoire. Kenji glanced at his katanas and over his shoulder at his bow. His head rewound slowly to face Venrir. But first! Let's get your foot checked out, I assure you that was an accident. My vision was not perfect in the mist.

The Sannin would lead the way. As they marched through the Kumo, the hospital came into sight. My reason for sparring with you is to give you a little experience that you can take with you into battle. I want you to complete some D and C rank missions alright, and use those to cultivate strong strategies. We're almost there.

A gray sheen layered the exterior of the hospital. Everyone looked stronger in the obscure reflection of the lustrous walls. It was a sign of good health as a result of the medical shinobi. Due to Kenji's frailty, he knew first hand how capable the medical shinobi were.

Training: 1721

Venrir

Venrir

D-rank
The man let out a relieving sigh, hanging his head a little and letting his arms come down. "That would be helpful, indeed. It probably was me moving my foot to get up. Since you say your vision wasn't so good." Venrir scratched the back of his head. It was nice to hear someone say he was determined, for once. Most of the time he envies the ones with a will. For some reason he found them lucky to have such thing. However, the Yamamoto now had it. It was unusual and strange. Yet, he did not believe that he was fully determined. Maybe just lost his nerve? Or he was just desperate to use taijutsu in such occasion? "You shouldn't use that word and me together. It is like putting water and fire in one pot. Unless, your definition of being determined means playing your last cards when you have no other choice. Even if it is reckless and stupid." These words weren't set to make the Sannin angry or irritated. He was just pointing out his look on it. Nothing with bad intentions. "The hospital might be a good idea."

Along the way, Venrir wasn't the one making conversations. His mind was set on not putting too much weight on his ill wound. This was the first time he had to go to the hospital due to battle reasons. "Missions... I hope there are some good out there. I am not the person to do groceries or help someone walk around town. Those things are not meant for me. However, the faster I do them, the faster I can leave them alone." The shinobi nodded and took a bow to Kenji. "I figured I should thank a Sannin to train with me?" A half smile made it to his face. Today, was not useless. Plus, he got in a good mood training. Something that didn't happen so often.
The day had gone by rather quick as well. Plus, Venrir was tired of the fight. As soon as the two parted ways to head home or somewhere else, Venrir's thoughts put everything in order of today.

Training: Raiton: Yari 1000/1000
Remaining WC: 1123

[END OF THREAD]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.