You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wingale

Wingale

D-rank
Mission:

A SPOOKY ERRAND RUN~~

The biting air nipped at the young ninja as he walked through the streets. A light misty rain sprinkled down, sleeking the streets. His graceful steps crashed into the shallow film of water that led him to his destination. The recent academy grad set to make one of many visits to the mission's forum to collect his contract for the work that needed to be done around the village, for it to prosper financially and structurally.

Dressed properly as usual: His fine clothes were draped and protected by a rather large overcoat shielding him from the rainy cold. His black shiny shoes came to a halt... his head rose examining the mission building. The entrance was wide and open, and a constant sound of chatter flowed out. The mission building was always busy and congested, it was what kept a hidden ninja village thriving.

Today, the shinobi were more agitated than usual. They all seemed to be avoiding one mission in particular.

Wing lifted his voice: "Hi Shazia, have you signed up for a mission yet?" Shazia was a kunoichi that graduated with Wingale. From her appearance she didn't dodge the pesky weather. Her short brown hair was dripping almost theatrically. Beads of water trickled down her pale skin. "Yes, and you better hurry up and sign up for yours too. You don't want to get stuck with the 'Demons of the Lost Mine' mission." Wingale smirked at the gaudy name of the mission, as it was suppose to instill fear. However, the fact that everyone was so fervently avoiding it, did add some weight to its name. His smile began to slowly fade as he looked around. His eyes then drifted back to Shazia's eyes. "I'm sorry Wings. You are always too casual when it comes to getting your missions... now you are doomed." "Shazia, please do not be so dramatic."

Wingale walked over to the last mission posted on the wall. He let the paper move around in his grip and finally unrolled the scroll slowly. The Genin read the contents internally. "Hah, it doesn't seem so bad. I will be done with it in no time." Wingale was met with the sight of Shazia shaking her head disappointingly. "You obviously have not heard the stories, the true stories of the lost island, where the haunted mine dwells." Wingale raised his hand, "I'm not interested in your ghost tales, I have a mission to complete."

Mission WC: 414/600

Wingale

Wingale

D-rank
The mission scroll slid into his pocket. He knew the objective well at this point. He was the last to the leave the Mission board today. Before walking back into the intensifying inclement weather, he flipped his hood over his head.

Like he said before, according to the content, the mission was a simple errand run. The blacksmiths and craftsmen of the village needed raw materials/metals. Sooo, Wingale was going to get them. However, the materials that they needed could only be found on an island quite a ways off from the mainland. Being a native of the hidden mist village, his navigation skills were good. The only thing left for Wingale to do was to rent a boat to travel in.

The Genin left his casual pace behind as the weather was getting progressively worse. He sprinted to docks. There as always was the boat handler, doing mundane dock work. “Excuse me. I need your finest boat, shinobi business.” The gentlemen ceased pulling the cargo and struggled to open his eyes past the constant rain. “Follow me.” There were a line of boats anchored to the docks, the man led him to a silver was shone like a watery star. “This boat is as sturdy as the come. This thing could take a direct hit from a lightning bolt, and you wouldn’t see a scratch. It’s yours for 20 ryo, but I need it back in two hours. Past that, the standard charge will be a 100 ryo flat fee.” Wingale nodded his head in agreement.

Drifting off into the strong crashing waves was a dangerous task, but as a shinobi Wingale couldn’t be deterred by such. He would get to his destination soon enough, and he would complete the mission. After about 30 minutes, Wingale entered a thick fog. “I can’t see anything.” Wingale knew the vicinity of his destination, but he would need his eyes if he was going to locate it accurately, but now…

His boat began to rock fiercer than the norm it had been for the trip. His drenched and slippery hands fumbled to get a grip on the edges of the boat. Even through the rain, Wingale could feel himself sweating. A grit came onto his face as he started to look around. There was nothing that could be discerned in all directions... his eyes were no use to him anymore. After calming himself down, he decided to give himself some information of his surroundings. He began molding boil chakra in his palms, he then released then in spheres in multiple directions, listening to if they collided with something or not.

A sizzling sound could be heard in front of him. Right before the boat hit the impedance he had the presence of mind to leap up. He landed on solid ground, a sigh of relief escaped his lips. He could hear the boat flipping in the air and he was able to discern that it was not going to land on him. As soon as the boat crashed on the shore, the mist cleared. "I hope for the mist to return..."

140/150:

Mission WC: 600/600 [Mission WC reached]

Training: 338

Wingale

Wingale

D-rank
The words sputtered from his mouth. The new Genin was not quite used to this level of creepiness, and his nerve was beginning to unravel. Get a grip Wings. Just remember the assignment. As he gave himself encouraging words his neck creaked to his left to see his upside down boat. The salesman didn't exaggerate about its durability. After the climatic crash, it was still in good enough condition from what Wingale could tell.

From the mist appeared a large gap in the middle of the island. The abyss spewed gray smoke that extended straight up. It took up almost the entire island, and it was clear that it was the mind... but he had no idea it was underground. He would have to climb down, and the obstacles... first, he would be in unknown territory, and secondly, he would have to deal with the nearly suffocating smoke. A few deep breaths were needed for him to compose himself and garner the gall to accomplish his task. The village, his village, needed those raw metals, and he was going to make sure they got it.

The rain was still as steady as a rock. Despite the precipitation, Wingale threw off his overcoat and hat, revealing his overly formal attire. He loosened his silver neck tie a bit, and took in the intimidation vision of the mysterious underground mine. Wingale grabbed a pair of black gloves from his back pocket and untied the sack that was tied around his waist. He was ready to get the materials, after all, it was just a mine...

I won't be spooked, this is just another errand.

-----

Descending down, taking his time. The eerie vibe brought on stronger by the darkness left him slightly shaken still. His mind wouldn't let him escape the fear. Wingale fished for a lone penny from his pouch, and dropped it to determine just how far left he had.

Wingale let go and fluttered down with grace, landing with slightly bent knees. When he landed he heard a cackle that caused him to whip around frantically. Wingale realized the only way he would obtain peace of mind was if he got some sense of his surroundings. Wingale contemplated about what he could do with his chakra to make his task at hand a bit more manageable.

Think Wings, think. What skills do you have...

I have three chakra natures: Fire, Water, and Boil. How can I use those in conjunction with my Ninjutsu to grant myself a new sight... I... could release fire chakra, allowing me to sense everything in the range. Eureka!

The Genin was satisfied and he was eager to test it out. He built up his chakra, infusing it flawlessly with fire chakra. He closed his eyes, and released the chakra, spanning a considerable area.

I really hope this works...

Training Sizzling Marker---125/150:

Training C rank Jutsu: 814/1000

Last edited by Wingale on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wingale

Wingale

D-rank
It is a living breathing thing. The phantasms gave off emotion, Wingale could feel the energy. The heat that Wingale radiated from his body gave him ample information, and he was now able to navigate smoothly through the cavernous mine. Despite the weeping sound from within the shadows, Wingale remained focused... it was too late for fear... he was in too deep.

The elements that kept Wingale on guard the most were the spikes in the environment. As Wingale moved, so did the epicenter of his sensing jutsu, and he was picking up intermittent activity. Every now and then he would sense a spike, reminiscent of a being jumping at him. Also, every time he could feel a rush of air, a hot grimy air. Since dropping in he had moved through smog and into a clearer path, and to his delight, a small source of light: from the limestones and stalactites and stalagmites. But what emerged into his once shielded sight was far worse than the darkness.

Wingale had no more use for his sensing jutsu now that he had sufficient visibility. He stared down the ethereal hyenas, with every snarl their size expanded. The cackling spirit lunged at Wingale. He lunged as well, escaping barely. As the phantom passed, it also vanished. It was gone... for now.

Wingale took the opportunity to locate the deposits in which the metals were. He still had his sack, and it was time to do the job at hand. In a rushed 15 minutes he collected more than enough metals, and with a few shimmering stones and metals in hand, he lit his way back to the exit.

He climbed out of the mine. He peered up at clear sky. The sack of metals found a home on the grassy patch of the lost island, next to his boat. As he caught his breath, he heard another bone chilling giggle from within the mine. That was his cue. Now at a fervent pace, he flipped his boat right side up and loaded the metals, and set off back to the village. It would be smooth sailing from here.

Training C rank Jutsu [Sizzling Marker]: 1170/1000

EXIT THREAD

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.