You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
The late afternoon sun cast its dim rays upon the village, rather serving as a light source than to warm the people who were strolling along the streets for various reasons.
There were the shinobi, the soldiers, always on the watch, hardly ever taking a break from fighting and defending. As for the average civilians, no one of them would be bold enough to leave their houses if not absolutely necessary. It wasn’t safe outside, not in times of war. Besides that, they would only give their ally shinobi one more thing to worry about.
Misoka didn’t consider herself to belong to any of the classifications of people she had just mulled over in her mind. She might be a kunoichi, but she had no intention of joining this war and Kirigakure wasn’t her hometown. After untangling herself from her clan’s claws, all she desired to do was to keep this freedom at all costs.
She couldn’t say for sure whether the clan leader would send his subordinates after her in order to chase her down again, just like he had five years ago. Best to assume the worst and prepare herself then.
This time, however, she had an advantage over them. Her father wouldn’t act as bait anymore, luring her out of her hiding spot. No, she had made sure he was staying in Kumogakure for now, at a place where they would certainly not be able to find him.
Walking at a swift pace, Misoka approached the harbour.
She had it all planned out: Today, she would take the ferry, travel to Kumogakure, meet her father and escape together with him. Someplace far, far away from her clan. Close to the Fire Land border perhaps… although she hadn’t decided on the exact location yet.
A new life would spread out before her eyes and sooner or later she would forget about what or who used to shape her past.
It sounded almost scary in her mind. Scary and… so, so hopeful.

She had arrived in time, it seemed, judging from the last group of people entering the ferry.
The captain, a tall man in his fourties probably, tilted his head to the side in a rather curious manner when Misoka came closer.
“I would like to travel to the lightning country, please,” she explained with the hint of a smile and reached into one of the pockets of her cloak to take out the 700 ryo she had got left.
A light chuckle emerged from the captain’s mouth as he adjusted his hat. “Sorry, but I can’t let you pass, lady. A trip to the lightning country costs 1000 ryo. It’s war.”
Misoka’s eyes widened. 1000 ryo? This must be a joke.
How was she supposed to…? Watching the man already turn away, she cut the thought short and spluttered out quickly,”H-Hang on a second! I have to go! There’s someone waiting for me.”
He didn’t even throw a glance at her. “Everyone has people waiting for them. Or they just want to go to a safer place.”
A strange, fleeting feeling, almost resembling panic, welled up within her when Misoka reached out and grabbed the man’s sleeve. At last, he halted and turned to her. His face reflected partly annoyance, partly curiousity.
But Misoka had to change his mind somehow. She couldn’t stay here.
“I don’t have a place to spend the night in Kirigakure!” An idea crossed her mind. “I… I could help out aboard your ship! Clean the hull or…”
The captain’s laughter drowned her next words. He shook his head, his lips curved into an amused smirk. “No, thank you. A girl would only distract my sailors from work.”
She remained silent for a moment, trying to come up with anything else which might be convincing enough.
In a swift movement, the man freed himself from her grip. “Come back when you have the money.”

A short pause followed in which he was sizing her up blatantly, to an extent that she couldn’t help but feel a spark of indignation.
“How about you start working at Johnny’s? That is, if the old fool didn’t close his club,” the captain went on. The same smirk from before scurried across his lips. “I believe he would love to hire you as a stripper.”
Enough was enough. A deep frown formed on her features as boiling anger coursed through her veins. There were a handful of things which could make her snap and completely forget about her manners – sexist derision being one of them.
In a half-hearted attempt at calming herself down, Misoka breathed in and exhaled the frosty air slowly. Why take it too seriously? This world was inhabited by a lot of idiots. No point in getting worked up over a single one.
It helped somewhat, at least in the sense that she managed to unclench her fists, but nothing could prevent her from lashing out verbally.
“People like you make me sick,” she hissed before spinning around on her heel to walk away, her long light tresses flowing behind her.
Moron. I should have just shoved the money down your throat. I hope you’ll fall off your own ship, bastard.
As usual, the thoughts racing in her mind were dripping with the purest and darkest sarcasm she could muster up. Sometimes she felt more than glad that nobody had the ability to read them.

The captain seemed to murmur a few words in response, but she neither listened nor cared any longer.
More importantly, Misoka needed to ponder on where to stay the night, now that her whole plan had been messed up by that … ah, why wasting a thought on him.
After a few steps, she stopped and turned around, just in time to see the ferry take off.
Her anger was subsiding gradually. She wrapped the cloak around her body tightly.
Watching. Trying to swallow down the disappointment.
There goes my new life, she thought. And then, This is going to be a long night for me.

Last edited by Misoka on Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

https://www.youtube.com/user/KanameXSisters?feature=mhee

Owydelu

Owydelu

D-rank
[OOC: Sorry you had to wait this long >.<
Also sorry because it's a little post, I didn't have much time to finish it]
Owydelu was wondering on the streets like a drunk man. Despite the fact that he didn't drink anything, he still had a sensation that the sky was falling on him. He did his job for today and he was too tired to do anything for now. He had to find a place to sleep, but where? Meh, he would find something, but where should he start searching? He didn't even know the city very well, and by that he meant to say that he didn't know anything about these streets. By rubbing his head now and then, Owydelu was walking slowly to where the fate was going to lead him. The sky was clear, not even a little cloud was there, in that night. The moon could be perfectly seen from any angle, once you weren't blocked by any building. He decided to hop on a building and try to stargaze for a moment. Maybe this will get him more relaxed, thing that may allow him to find a place where he could stay on the night. By closing and opening his eyes now and then, Owydelu had the sensation that he was almost there, in the "Dream Land".

Five minutes, ten, twenty, 3 hours have passed in just a moment for him. He fell asleep but he suddenly woke up from the general conflicts between some dogs and a cat. Man, that thing really saved him, but it wouldn't have been too bad if he would've slept there. Owydelu rubbed his eyes slowly and he got up on his feet. He applied some pressure on his back, to get it straight. He jumped off the house and he started looking around. Owydelu asked some people and they all recommended some places for him to stay over the night, but none of them had any free room. The money wasn't a problem....well it was a problem. He left his wallet at home, so he didn't have more than 400 ryo gained from his previous mission. With this war, it was like everyone came to visit Kirigakure, just to see what's happening there. The hospitals should be full, not all the freaking hotels and motels.

He was circling around the village over and over and over again and he couldn't find a place to stay. Suddenly, while he was walking he saw a young lady, well a blonde young lady. But it wasn't like anything he had ever seen before. She was....beautiful, in the real meaning of the word. She had curly hair that was reaching her hips and big blue eyes that were hypnotising the Senju Member. She also had a special glow in here eyes, thing that marked Owydelu and that gave him a curiosity regarding that girl. Now he knew that she had a Dojutsu, or at least he was doubting. He approached her and said "Hi! You seem a little bit lost! Do you need some help?" He didn't have any "Special Girl" that was waiting for him in Konohagure, so why not try to get her attention?

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
[Flashback] Start again. [Owydelu/Invite Only] Mantelcq5w916jpr
This seems familiar.

It was ironic, really, as if the past had just decided to repeat itself in spite of her attempt to leave it behind.

There she stood, watching twilight break over her surroundings, with no place to stay and no home whatsoever. A village she had never been to before; she was on the run, unsure whether she was already being followed… yet again. Everything reminded her of the last time as a fugitive, roughly five years ago, when she had arrived in Kumogakure and looked for a market, eyes shifting around aimlessly.
A broken smile tugged at the corners of her lips. She hadn’t remembered this in a while.
The sound of footsteps interrupted her train of thought, prompting her to reach for the small pouch which contained the few kunais she had taken from Taku’s lifeless body.
However, her wariness proved itself to be unnecessary when she turned around. A young man was approaching her with a smile as though to suggest he didn’t mean any harm.

Misoka examined him briefly. Quite tall, dark hair, muscular build. Reddish eyes and a face, fairly handsome, framed by a small amount of beard stubble.
She caught his gaze on her, how he was observing her, at the same time obviously making an effort not to stare.
Moreover, she could tell that he liked what he was seeing, that he might even feel attracted to her. A reaction which neither surprised nor particularly flattered Misoka.
Female Karisuma members were seldom seen outside of Sunagakure. As for the handful of girls who had already been married to their suitors, it seemed even more impossible to meet them alone without any bodyguards or their husbands.
In her clan, Misoka didn’t consider herself to be special or stand out among the others. If it hadn’t been for her strange eyes, the clan leader might have even left her in peace from the start.

A friendly voice caused her to refocus on the person who had come to a halt in front of her.
"Hi! You seem a little bit lost! Do you need some help?"
Such simple words, but somehow she could still feel her chest and throat tighten upon hearing them.
The dim echo of a memory seeped through her mind, scratching, knocking, melting her defenses. As if it had just happened the day before, she recalled the familiar face, the mouth forming almost the same words. “You looked lost, so I thought you could use some help.”
A recollection of mental pictures, scents, touches. It hurt whilst tasting bittersweet at once.
Misoka remained silent, taking her time to think of an answer to the stranger.
Then all of a sudden it occurred to her that there was a major difference to her memories from five years ago. This time, she didn’t feel afraid of men anymore.
She didn’t feel the urge to bow cowardly, avert her eyes and stare at her feet. Her fear had faded away over months and years knowing that she had to grow stronger in order to develop the wings which could carry her someplace else.
It wasn’t so much a realization that dawned upon her, then, but more so a reminder that times change and people change with them.

“I’m not truly lost,” Misoka replied at last, shaking off the feeling of melancholy. Her silence must have confused him enough already. “But I do need some help.”
Finally, she returned his smile, a hint of surprise glinting in her eyes when she noticed that the warm gesture wasn’t as hard as she’d thought. She had failed to get away from Kirigakure tonight, she missed the people precious to her more than ever now that she was alone again and nonetheless… this person seemed like a welcome change.
“Could you perhaps show me the way to the hotels and inns in the village?” She blinked up at him questioningly. For a moment there, she had almost let the tiny, but meaningful word “cheap” slip. However… not every stranger she met should know that she was literally broke. 700 ryo wouldn’t exactly provide her a five star hotel of course and still, any fleabag was better than sleeping outside in times of war.
Judging from the young man’s well-toned frame, she’d say he was a shinobi if she had to guess. Possibly from Kirigakure, fighting for his hometown?

The feeling of curiousity got the better of her when Misoka decided to ask one more question,”Did they give you a break from missions?”
She let out a soft chuckle, her gaze travelling up to the rooftops and out into the distance. In some part of the village, the opposing forces might be feuding with each other at that very moment. But she wouldn’t know.
A light breeze brushed past and made Misoka’s hair flutter gently.
What a strange thought. While others were dying out there, she and the stranger had no trouble starting a simple conversation. Although this could change any time.
She wondered how long they would be safe here, with night closing in on them.

In a way, it felt like the silence before the storm.

Owydelu

Owydelu

D-rank
Owydelu was looking at that girl like a blessing that came upon him. He didn't fell in love, he was just.....dizzy, that's all. After all these fights, a man can get dizzy very easily, right? Well this was the case now, Owydelu was a little dizzy and he saw a beautiful girl. He was just hoping that he won't say anything stupid enough to chase her away. He saw that the girl analyzed Owydelu pretty well, trying to find out anything possible about him that would give anyone a hint of who may this guy be. Suddenly, she started speaking:“I’m not truly lost, but I do need some help.” This was the last thing Owydelu needed to know. He could help someone, so this was a good night after all. Despite the fact that he didn't have any idea of where he could sleep, Owydelu was still someone that you could rely on. This was just a minor problem that he cape upon. Everyone has this kind of problems some times, right? There was only one thing that Owydelu didn't want to be asked about and everyone knows about what that might be. That being said, Owydelu was about to continue talking, when the girl said: “Could you perhaps show me the way to the hotels and inns in the village?”

Owydelu started to feel a little hopeless. From all the questions that exist in this world, how could this one pop out? Good thing that she continued talking. ”Did they give you a break from missions?” This was the sign that she analyzed Owydelu very well. How did she knew he was a warrior, a true shinobi? No one could ever answer to this question. Maybe it had something to do with her eyes, that were sparkling like the moon in that night. Well, if you were watching close enough, the moon could be seen in her big, blue eyes. Owydelu was still impressed by the look of her eyes. Such innocence that could only be described by the look she had in her eyes. It was like she had a rare Dojutsu. But who knew, she may have one. He was like in a genjutsu but, suddenly, he realized that he still had to respond to two questions. Which one should he respond to first? Well, obviously, Owydelu chose the second one, trying to make her forget about the first one.

"Well, yeah, I kinda finished a mission now and I wanted to take a rest! What about you? Are you a Kunoichi?"
This was the perfect occasion for him to find out if she was really using a genjutsu or not. This question was more like a response to the first one, to not make her think he is negligent nor too curious about her life. After listening to her response, Owydelu decided to do his best and try to help her with finding a place to stay over the night. "The thing is that, I didn't find a hotel or house to stay over the night! It seems like all of them are occupied! With this war, It's like these people are coming in a vacation here in Kirigakure no Sato!" Owydelu was really ashamed that he couldn't help that girl. He had one chance, but he couldn't help her with nothing. He was a Sannin, but this time it didn't depend on his skills, or did it?

Suddenly, Owydelu found an idea. "Hey, I have an idea of how I can help you! If you trust this shinobi enough, just follow me!" Owydelu really had a good idea for now. He started running, getting in the wilderness now. He didn't know if she was still following him. For one moment he turned around. Was she still there?

Word Count:

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
So she had made the right assumption: The young man was a shinobi after all. Which rank, though? Without watching him in combat it seemed impossible to tell. She brushed the thought aside, irritated that she was already gauging the situation and expecting the worst – as always.
“What about you? Are you a kunoichi?”
Her glowing eyes narrowed ever so slightly as her suspicious mind started analyzing his words and the meaning behind them. Not many strangers would consider her a woman trained to kill. They would say she looked too delicate, too innocent, too pretty to have business on a battlefield. For usual, there were only two indications that she could be more than a simple citizen or perhaps a noblewoman: First, the stranger might have heard of the Karisuma Clan and its members’ supernatural beauty. Second, he found the sparkling colour in her eyes peculiar enough to think of some sort of doujutsu.
Funnily enough, Misoka possessed a doujutsu, but it wasn’t even activated at the moment. She briefly remembered all the rumours the Karisuma clan leader had spread about her in order to raise her popularity or in other words, her price.
And all because she was the first person to inherit the unusual glowing effect from their ancestor Kiyomi, a woman who had died more than a hundred years ago.
Her gaze flickered over the stranger’s features in appraisal. Did he have an idea of which clan she belonged to? Could he have heard of the rumours?
Then she gave him a little smile, relying on the seductive charm which radiated from her body. “I am the ghost princess.”
It was a strange way to respond to his question. Perhaps it didn’t even count as an answer for him.
But his reaction, on the other hand, would tell her all that she needed to know.

After some hesitation, he went on, providing a reply to her previous enquiry. So he couldn’t help her find a place to stay the night. Misoka’s face fell slightly even though she tried not to show it too openly. How could it be that all inns and hotels were full? Just her luck.
..And his. He didn’t have any sleeping accommodation, either. Surely he must be a bit on edge as well, considering the fact that they could be attacked any moment. What now?
She heaved a sigh. “This is unfortunate indeed.”
When she wanted to say goodbye, however, the man was faster. "Hey, I have an idea of how I can help you! If you trust this shinobi enough, just follow me!"
And just like that, he began to run off, motioning for her to tag along. Well-known distrustfulness crept up her features while she didn’t show the slightest inclination to do as he wished. Why should she go after a stranger – not only that, he was a shinobi, too. Did he truly regard her as such a gullible girl?
“You know,” Misoka called out, a tinge of amusement in her tone. “I am not the most trusting person!”
She would have left it at that. She would have simply turned and walked away, at the most a muttered goodbye on her lips.
Still, the twists of fate must want her to stay with the stranger.
All of a sudden, a shadow leaped down from a nearby rooftop, targeting the man she had just spoken with.
The words flowed out of her mouth before she could even think. “Watch out!”
As if on cue, more hostile shinobi appeared.
Misoka bit back a curse, quickly assuming a fighting stance. She counted about five Seven Bells shinobi surrounding her and the other man.
It seemed they wouldn’t get around a fight.

Training 2535
Medical Ninjutsu A->S 8019 + 2535/9000

Last edited by Misoka on Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total

Owydelu

Owydelu

D-rank
“I am the ghost princess.”  Her response was short and delicate at the same time. Now he was almost sure that this girl was a kunoichi. A kunoichi that had this interesting nickname. "Princess" was the most appropriate way you could call her, simply stunning. He still didn't know if it was a Genjutsu Owydelu was in or if he really felt in love with her. Those eyes...he saw them somewhere, when he got to Suna for that S-Ranked mission. He remembered about a clan that had almost the same eyes. Of course, even he didn't had the same traits as his family members, so it was possible that she could be a member of the....well he forgot the name of the clan, but it was an antique one, a very important clan for Sunagakure no Sato. But it didn't really matter now, he still had a question to ask her, but before that, she responsed to his sentence, that wasn't that pleasing. “This is unfortunate indeed.” It was indeed unfortunate, he couldn't help when it was needed the most.

The following question that he asked was one with an unfortunate reply for him. Owydelu was surprised that he heard such a response from that girl. The gorgeous woman delicately denied his offer for help. It was very interesting, the way she said something like that, without any hesitation, she was really a kunoichi, maybe she didn't want to show it to everyone, but Owydelu was truly convinced now that "The Ghost Princess" was a real ninja. She turned her back, wanting to leave Owydelu there, wanting to try and resolve her problems by herself. She was really leaving, with no hesitation nor any turning back. Owydelu was about to leave to, so he was okay with it now. He realized that she may not have the thing that he was looking for nor did she have the patience to speak with Owydelu about the problem. Owydelu turned his back, trying to leave as well and to forget all that has happened. He may use his plan to get him a free house, who knows.

“Watch out!” Suddenly, some ninjas appeared. By the look of it, there were 5 of them. Owydelu was really tired and he didn't know if he would be able to take on all these ninja. Maybe he could use his newest technique that he wanted to test out. It could be interesting. As the ninja were all targeting Owydelu, he couldn't do anything but defend against their future attacks. This was the perfect occasion. The ninja all threw shuriken that were targeting Owydelu. One hit and he may get really hurt. Maybe those were poisoned, so he had to be careful. He had to make this move fast. The shuriken were almost there, when, some Thorny Ivy Plants started growing and surrounding Owydelu, blocking the shuriken. "Even if we're in the middle of the village, I can pull out an excuse for destroying 15 meters of it! Wood Release: Genesis of a Thorny Ivy Realm!" More Ivy plants started growing on any surface for 15m radius. Bushes and Plants like those were everywhere. It wouldn't have been too long before it would all end.

He wanted to finish this as fast as he could, so he could proceed with his plan of sleeping for 10 hours. He was very tired, but the duty was calling. He released the thorns, launching them at the enemy. There wasn't anything that could be done against this. There were 25 Ivy Plants that were all launching 3-5 thorns so it was a useful jutsu for multitasking. It was up for the Kunoichi to try and destroy the remaining Ninja that were going to escape. That would be very easy, since this jutsu can at least hit anyone with 10 thorns. A quick win indeed, that was going to be taken as a reputation test for him. He looked at the Kunochi and, with a good facial expression, he said that it should be alright.

260/300:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.