You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The horns blared as the first day of the battle came to a close, of course that meant nothing, as violence and mortal combat could erupt at any moment. The blue hair shinobi didn't worry about it though, so far Kiri has shown great organization and everyone was doing their part, if anything out of the ordinary arose, he would be notified. Kenji ditched his ANBU gear in a safe and secret place. The war was getting more and more intense, and if he was going to be of the most help, he was going to have to use signature moves that would be sure to identify him. He was now working as himself, the Kumogakure Jounin, Kenji. He would report as Jenito whenever a mission that called for an ANBU operative came up.

The Lion Sennin continued his stroll, he had on his hip his Hane, he had left his bow and arrows back at the base. He had to stay sharp, this much was definite. In time of serious combat, there was no room for mistakes. Kenji had trained his whole life in the art of weaponry, mastering multiple styles, but he was never one to be complacent and he always strived to get better at everything he does, this was the source of his confidence, his dedication to his art.

He had passed over a swamp area, looking for a wide dry area of land to practice his abilities, and most of all, to clear his head. Earlier he had gotten a few drinks with the men and women he worked with today, and that was nice, but he needed to be in his natural habitat, training. He found a grassy patch of land, about 30 meters in diameter, a true rarity in Kirigakure. The perimeter was outlined by many trees and swampy terrain. It was approaching the evening time, and the light was still shining bright in the sky as the sun began its descent. Kenji had on his hip and thigh a pouch in which he kept his 10 shuriken and kunai in. He took a knee as he put on  his gloves of reflection. After a moment of staring at himself, he realized that he had only gotten a taste of what was to come... as he looked at his scarless and flawless face, "There is sure to be some bumps and bruises awaiting me tomorrow."

Training: 403

Yuudai

Yuudai

D-rank
There were few things that truly mattered, though expanding a skill set was an universal need for any shinobi, as the more trades one was accomplished at, the more they had to access themselves, the more versatile their arsenal could be. The universally practiced included ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu, though the former of the three taking the center stage to Yuudai's knowledge. Many driving forces had made him travel to Kumogakure no Sato quite some time back to learn the skills he would need, mainly something that wasn't commonly practiced in the Village that was currently in need of assistance to deal with the looming threat, the Seven Bells clan. It was one of the reasons so many new faces, different Hitai-ate seen scouring around the village, aiding in anyway possible way. His expertise in genjutsu was minimal to say the least, though he had a grasp on the art of illusions, the most illusive art a shinobi could have in their arsenal, he needed to majorly improve on not only his understanding, but also how to implicate it in to a battlefield. Playing around with the idea mentally only helped to a limited extent, though it certainly allowed one to think of possible scenarios where such things could be used. Instead, Yuudai was left to dwell and never really had the opportunity to use the art of Genjutsu in an applied manner, something that would probably be even more beneficial than just sitting about and wondering what could be. His lesson with the man he found in Kumogakure no Sato certainly stuck with him, though it could only help him in a limited manner. He needed a more practical approach, something that could easily serve as a band aid solution for the time being.

It was nearing evening, though instead of heading home and resting for the days to come, Yuudai was currently restless, wanting to figure out the one thing that he couldn’t exactly wrap his head around. A walk was just the thing he’d need at the moment, maybe some time for light training on his own accord if time was in his favour. With his eyes hovering above his normal line of sight, staring off into the distant sky, one that would eventually become darkened from the lack of the sun’s presence; though it was usually dark with the mist around Kirigakure, he had no clue where his feet were carrying him, or with whom he was crossing paths with. There was little concern for an enemy to be attacking him, unless they were highly skilled, such as the ring leader of the attack, though his senses remained weary to the presence of those around him. Hearing and anticipation would always be alert, as would be the case for any shinobi. His vision was momentarily blocked by the sight of trees, his feet aware of the marsh beneath him, his mind already aware of the location he was in, it was his home village after all. One thing had picked up his senses, a person was in the vicinity, though he couldn’t exactly tell based off that alone. Instead of lowering his gaze, it remained steady, just hovering above the treeline, as his presence would most likely be noted by the other occupant of the area.

Running word count: 557
Genjutsu D -> C Training: 557/3000

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The ninja continued to relax as he let his body move fluently in the twilight. It was a light aroebic warmup. Kirigakure's humidness made Kenji break out into a light sweat already. With Hane drawn, he continued to twirl the weapon with near flawless coordination and precision. His movements were quiet and in the distance he could sense another person. Kenji slowed down, as he wasn't as jumpy as he used to be. It was obvious the person wasn't hiding their presence particularly, so that was reassuring that this person wasn't a threat.

Kenji was standing in a shaded area, so his body would be hard to see, but the person approaching was clear to Kenji... it was... Yuudai?

"The man I taught Genjutsu to a while back... I don't see that penguin... I hope the little wobbly fellow is ok." Kenji thought to himself. He proceeded to step out of the shadows. He was coated in a light sweat. "Yuudai, I've come to visit you" Kenji said lightheartedly. As his purpose in Kirigakure was all too obvious. Kenji's smile slowly faded, "I am sorry about the current state of Kirigakure, I am using every fiber in my being to deter the enemy." Kenji's smile returned... "Where's the wobbly fellow, he is doing alright I trust?" He spoke with a sincere tone, he vaguely remembered being a little aprehensive towards the penguin.

"Has the art of Genjutsu aided you... I remember you doing very well with the concept of illusory techniques." Kenji was eager to know of his progress. Genjutsu was a tough specialty to grasp mentally, but it was even a tougher speicalty to apply. Yuudai seemed very adept so Kenji was unsure if he had to worry about such a thing.

Training: 705

Yuudai

Yuudai

D-rank
So, this was the individual whom was in the clearing, certainly not someone he ever expected to see once again. The blue hair certainly was familiar, though he was used to seeing it constantly due to the nature of some members of the Aisu clan having similarly coloured hair. He never expected to have encountered the man whom taught him genjutsu so many months ago here in the Kirigakure no Sato, but certainly he had his reasons, and Yuudai’s conclusion reached the events occurring around the village to certainly play a role in his presence in the Hidden Mist. Kenji’s attendance here in the Village Hidden in the Mist certainly raised questions, though Yuudai kept quiet on his end, as there was no point is sating his minor curiosity for trivial matters. When Kenji first spoke, Yuudai certainly assumed his first statement was false, or not the entire truth behind his reasoning. He waited until Kenji had finished speaking, as it seemed he had more on his mind at the current time, and he listened.

“I doubt you here to see me. Afterall, there are more pressing matters here than just seeing a single shinobi. As for Suichi, he’s at home, since I cannot be at two places at once.” There were multiple reasons for Suichi to remain at home, since Yuudai had no direct need for his companion at his side at all times. If Yuudai could accomplish his tasks alone, Suichi would be able to defend his home when Yuudai’s presence was lacking. It was something of a win-win situation. “I haven’t had much time for studying genjutsu intently… there have been more pressing matters, both for the village and in my own life. After this entire mess here settles down, I’ll likely spend more time pursuing it, but for now my concern is elsewhere.” An honest answer, as it was the truth behind Yuudai not having much time to pursue training genjutsu and learning a significant amount of jutsus regarding such matters.

Running word count: 899
Genjutsu D->C Training: 899/3000

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji nodded his head and looked around at his surroundings. His eyes made their way back slowly to Yuudai as he finished speaking. "Understandable. My true purpose here is to help in these troubling times. My sword is Kiri's." Kenji then gripped his weapon and looked at Yuudai, "Well, Im just here training right now, making sure to stay sharp." Kenji lips were forming to say something else as a gentle rumble swept along the grassland. A group of 5 kiri ninja had came into view. They ran with an urgency towards the two shinobi.

"We need help! We have captured someone who works for Seven Bells." They turned around to show the man they wer carrying. "He won't respond to physical trauma so we searching for someone who can casue mental trauma as we think it will be more effective. We have reason to believe he has possible information relevant to our stand against Seven Bells, if you can help, we'll wake him up."

Kenji's eyes shot towards his "student". Yuudai's loyalty to his village was clear, and now his village needed his new skill. This would be sort of like training. Yuudai would have to use his skill in Genjutsu to manifest a scary image or scenario, or even an illusion of deceit to trick the man into divulging the information. The method was all up to Yuudai. If Yuudai would act like he expected, this would be great training in terms of developing Genjutsu. He would now see the uses of it, having Genjutsu create frightful images or false images in order to reach a goal. This would likely be a building block for his developement in Genjutsu.

Training: 991

Last edited by Kenji Chikara on Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Yuudai

Yuudai

D-rank
Yuudai’s attention was quickly diverted from Kenji with the appearance of five ninjas that were under the banner of Kirigakure no Sato. The message was clearly simple and direct, they would need someone to do the interrogation on the individual whom they captured, one who was likely to provide information as to the impending battle. Obviously, Yuudai felt that the man he had approached just a minute ago was far more suited to accomplishing the task ahead than himself. Since Yuudai’s current methods and techniques placed him with more physical trauma than mental, Kenji likely had a whole arsenal suited to playing with a person’s mind – or at least Yuudai assumed such a thing from the man who taught him the basic arts of genjutsu and how to apply it. Yuudai’s first assumption, and likely his most favoured method, would be to watch Kenji apply it in action, using his techniques to make the man spill the beans. With his current understanding of the illusive arts, Yuudai knew he’d only be able to perform something basic, something which clearly would not allow them to gather the information they would need.

Turning his attention to the man he had seen only once before, in Kumogakure no Sato, he already decided to inform him of his though process regarding the situation at hand. “I’d much rather watch someone who is adept in the arts before actually doing the task myself. There was a reason I had to leave the village to learn about genjutsu, there is no base here for the art of genjutsu. As such, it may just be easier to learn from a brief observation, and then apply it myself. Of course, since you are the expert, you’d likely know of a better method to approach this situation we have on hand.” Stepping forward, he looked towards the battered of the captured member of the Seven Bells Clan. “I’ll attempt it if you wish me to do so.” His attention would still be on the target, but his ears were clearly tuned to paying attention to Kenji. Nodding to the shinobi of Kirigakure no Sato, “Wake him up when he,” Yuudai indicated towards Kenji, “tells you to do so.” While he clearly never was an interrogator, his authority within the Village Hidden by Mist would be heeded by anyone, only faltering to the Mizukage and the other Sannin.

Running word count: 1305
Genjutsu D->C Training: 1305/3000

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Oh well, Yuudai has a point. This may not be the best of times to test his Genjutsu parameters. “Indeed Yuudai, for you and Kiri I will display the horrific potential of Genjutsu… wake him up.” Kenji’s chakra began to rev, building up a great deal of chakra as well as imbuing the chakra with wind. When it came to… being convincing, there was really only one technique Kenji had that could make the most stubborn of mules squeal. With a strut of bad intention, the blue haired ninja close the distance between him and the now awake Seven Bells worker. “One of the most efficient means of executing Genjutsu is using elements.” Kenji directed the comment especially to Yuudai, “It tends to grant a greater range and is usually more versatile than simply using chakra.”

Kenji’s eyes were now fixed on the enemy being held up before him. In startling click, Kenji’s Hane lunged from its sheath to position itself underneath the man’s chin. “Please step aside, if this… scoundrel values his neck, he’ll manage to stand up on his own.” The Kirigakure ninja slowly stepped away, the foe’s knees buckled and beads of sweat formed quickly in the cool of the night. The swordsman shifted the tip of the blade playfully at the throat of the man who stood before him.

Steam practically rose from the weakened man’s face, “THEY’VE GIVEN ME THEIR BEST SHOT! I’LL NEVER TALK. YOU SHINOBI ARE ALL THE SAME, HOLDING PAIN SO PRECIOUS… HA! TRUE PAIN, TRUE DESPAIR IS COMING! SO YOU CAN TAKE YOUR CHEAP WEAPON AND----” Kenji’s head was down as the blade dug deeper in the man’s throat, not enough to quite draw blood, but enough to prevent him from talking with exclamation. A chilled voice slithered outwards, “perhaps, this will go by faster if I remove your tongue. Actually, my way will cause such intense screaming your vocal chords will be irreparably damaged anyway.” The man gulped and lifted his head up, speaking in a much lower voice, “I’m not stupid, despite being unconscious I know you’re preparing to use Genjutsu, I won’t be fooled.”

A light chuckle followed the statement. “That is fine, fooling you isn’t necessary. Your mind will call out to me even if you won’t…you’ll give us the information we want without you even knowing it. You’ll long be in shock, leaving just your desperate subconscious.”  Listening to himself was one of his guilty pleasures, but he was actually excited to extract the needed information, he would waste no more time with chatter. Kenji made a hand seal with his free hand and brought it up to his mouth. Then, spewing from his lips was a plume of wind chakra. Confusing splattered across the foe’s face; the puzzlement was soon, to Kenji’s delight, replaced with pure terror.

The man’s flesh, in his mind was being corroded to the bone, revealing every muscle and every tissue. Also, the sizzling sensation that rose would intensify, coupling the sight with the intolerable pain of the ordeal as well. Kenji could feel the psyche of the man rattling. He was slowly loosing his control. The pain was actually so severe that all he could do was tremble. His jaws as well as his entire body locked up, only his eyes roved. The sight was almost to ghastly for Kenji to create, it took a latent sadistic nature to contrive such horror schemes. It wasn’t however something Kenji used often, this was a necessary occasion for such necessary force.

The frigid voice returned, calling out to the man’s subconscious, “This doesn’t have to end. Do not even attempt to find solace in any sort of premature finality. IT, will persist as long as you allow it. I know what you want, and you know what we want. This can all end now with both parties satisfied.” Kenji removed the katana from the man’s neck and stepped in closer. “Do I really need to ask questions… just talk, and you can exit this realm of perpetual pain.” There was an eerie silence, but it was obvious the enemy was trying to speak. He struggled to open his mouth with letting out gurgling screams. He suppressed them long enough, “I’m apart of a 3 man cell… we’re elite shinobi (A rank). Our primary goal… was to assassinate … that… man… over there… Yuudai, the Sannin of Kirigakure. But in a case like this, where we’re separated, they’re to execute plan B.”

The man’s body gave way, before his knees could smack the grassy field, Kenji yoked the man by the collar, holding him up. As he twitched, he continued. “They’re to set charges on the administration building, destroying it. Either that or toppling the structure by force.” “The Administration Building is the logistics center, so the plan is to sever communication between intel and combat. You guys got that.” “Wait a minute, how can we trust him.” A devilish smile grew on Kenji’s face as he released his grip of the Seven Bell henchmen. “If you knew this technique, you wouldn’t be asking that question. We don’t have time to waste.”

295/320:

Training Acidic Cloud; B to A rank: 1872/2100

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.