You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Beginning of The End. [Suna -> Kumo] Empty The Beginning of The End. [Suna -> Kumo] Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Misoka

Misoka

D-rank
She knew that she should have expected this all along.
She knew that it had always been merely a question of time, never if it would happen.
And still, nothing could have saved her from the sharp sting in her heart when Akihiko made his decision clear to her.

“You are going to depart tomorrow. I am sending Arata, Ryo, Taku, Genbo and… well, why not… Shin with you.” The clan leader fumbled for a specific sheet hiding in the piles of paper in front of him.
They were standing in Akihiko’s “business room” as he liked to call it, the place where important matters were taken care of. Such as Misoka’s upcoming marriage.
“Ah, there it is.” Lifting the sheet with a sly smile, Akihiko cleared his throat before continuing his fateful speech. “Your husband will be Yukimura, Fugi. He has particularly taken an interest in your unusual eyes.” A short laugh. “Haha, that old fool takes anything that is considered rare. Good for us, though. He bids an amount of money which convinces even me that I will never receive a better offer anytime.”
Misoka swallowed. Money. A better offer. Like a product one could sell at auction. But this didn’t faze her anymore, she was perfectly used to this. Wasn’t she?

“Where will I be living then?” The words felt strange as though they didn’t belong to her when Misoka raised her voice. For a split second, she feared the thin façade of indifference would crumble and fall to pieces at last, revealing the storm of doubt and dread within her. Yet no matter what happened, she couldn’t give Akihiko that satisfaction.
And after all… she hadn’t given up yet. Right? There was still so much she had to achieve. What about her promise to all the other girls suffering under the clan leader’s dubious method of earning money?
Misoka found herself so lost in thought that she almost missed Akihiko’s reply.
“Oh, right. Your new home will be Kumogakure.”

It was even harder not to show a noticeable reaction this time. Her heart rate picked up.
Kumogakure?
The name of the specific village proceeded to swirl in her head as it connected with other thoughts, a mess of memories, information and hope, until a vague plan would form out of them.
She hesitated for a few more seconds, knowing it would sound suspicious if she immediately shot another question at him, and only then asked in a cautious tone,”And my father? Can he come with me? Can he at least attend my wedding?” Her voice grew bitter. “I imagine I might need mental support.”
Behind the defiance she wrapped herself in, her heart pounded so loud against her rib cage that she was almost afraid it might burst. If her father could accompany her, she wouldn’t have to fear about his safety. And then… upon arriving in Kumogakure, there had to be a way to escape together. Perhaps… if she could get help… But no, this was something she better pondered on later.

Akihiko snickered sinisterly. Resting his head on his right hand, then, he answered,”Do you think me a fool?”
This was enough to crush all of Misoka’s hopes.
“I will politely ask your father to move to the clan estate for the time being. After your wedding he can pay you a visit.” His laughter pierced through her ears and heart.
She should’ve known so. How naïve that she had believed for even an instant that Akihiko would let her have her will.

Misoka clenched her fists, unable to suppress her anger and helplessness any longer.
“You aren’t going to hurt him.” It wasn’t meant to be a question, rather a warning as pathetic as that may sound to the man in front of her.
Surely enough, Akihiko wasn’t in the least impressed by her words. “While I still believe your father is useless, I understand that he is the only one who can give you some comfort. Yukimura-san can send for him whenever he feels you are in a particularly gloomy mood.” His lips curved up at the edges yet again and his voice was dripping with derision. “So I’ll give you the chance to protect your father. Do as you are told and I promise that he is not going to get hurt.”

~

Now that the marriage had been arranged, there was no wasting time in getting it done and over with.
The next morning, Misoka wasn’t even given enough time to properly say goodbye to her father.
Far too soon, she had to leave the estate with her group of guards.
Would she ever come back? Would she ever see all of this again?
But before she could dwell on these thoughts, one of her guards told her to hurry up and mount her horse.

826/600 w.

https://www.youtube.com/user/KanameXSisters?feature=mhee

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.