You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ranmaru

Ranmaru

D-rank
Dat heat. Dat holy what the hell heat. It was bad enough in the mountain valleys with clouds and wind, down in the dead and stale of the desert floor it was oppressive. The only advantage was that his silk cloth was perfect for the area; the gentle creme color reflected the sun perfectly and the way he wound it around his body allowed for what little breathing his skin could do wouldn't be hampered. He was still roasting, but not burning to a crisp. He'd need to get himself some nice linen or thin cotton clothing, having his one bolt of silk tied up as an over-coat of sorts bothered him highly.

If anything, it was good that he was so uncomfortable; it was distracting him from the urge to start destroying shit, allowing the last vestiges of his sane mind to focus on what it was good at; cloth inspections. He was near the tannery and tailor stalls, inspecting the large bulk cloth bolts to find something to make some good clothing from. He wasn't about to 'pay' for someone else to make his clothing; no, he was going to find some nice, high quality cloth and apply a nice 5 finger discount. Then come back later and just take it all. He didn't plan on staying around the desert long enough to want to get any sandy ryo in his pockets. His icy money was useless here too, so whatever. Being broke meant jack to this psychopath.

Sili

Sili

D-rank
Sili dragged her feet through the desert sand, making a trail which resembled that of a slug's. A desert slug, one might think? How bizarre. Surely in this barren wasteland a creature of such...texture could not exist. No, no, there is no such slug to speak of today. There is, however, a sloth. Or the sloth, as the cardinal sins may put it. Sili's eyes were half closed, tiredly staring at a seemingly endless horizon, heat beating down on her from an unforgiving sun which she had (until now) assumed to be her friend. Her legs hardly lifted off the floor as her robe dragged behind them, gathering dust and dirt (and indigenous creatures possibly) along its path. Her thoughts were lazy, arising in her mind and loafing about in a seemingly endless struggle to maintain themselves. They were heavy in a way, leading Sili's will to uphold them to be lacking her usual enthusiasm.

Water... Thirsty... How is one supposed to traverse this monotone stretch of terrain without so much as the hope of fluid reward? I've yet to see a lake, hear a river, or smell the salty lick of a sea. I wonder if there's so much as a- Sili then saw Sunagakure become outlined atop the horizon. It faded into view slowly, with an assortment of birds (of prey) making their rounds above it. Sili had left the village this morning in an attempt to see if there was more to this desert then she had originally found in her first walk through it, which was little more than stone, sand, and the occasional scorpion. Fruitless... Fruit; I wonder what kind of fruit Sunagakure has? I couldn't find any fruit in the desert, but surely there must be some. Hmm... Sili continued through a valley of stone as she made her way into the village, her pace picking up as she entered the cooling repreive of shadows.

It didn't take her long to get to Sunagakure's Grand Bazaar, where business bustled with a buzzing of haggling, inquiries, and trades of all sorts. Sili's eyes were still drifting, the intense glare of the sun making the market seem unbearably bright. They glazed over the counters of every stand she passed, looking out for any possible source of liquid. As she walked down the line, however, a man ahead of her could be seen slipping a trail of cloth away from a stand. It was a cunning, seemingly natural maneuver; most others couldn't have possibly seen it. The owner of said wares surely didn't, as he smiled at the man and continued chattering on about their fine quality. Well, he definitely sold them. Er, I guess he didn't sell them? I'm thirsty... Sili picked up her pace a bit until her head was directly over the man's shoulder, then whispered to him,

Hello there, thief. She said it in a cheerful tone, as if she was about to laugh it off the moment she finished. There was, it seemed, somewhat of a giggle at the word "thief" after she said it. This wasn't a coincidence; after all, she had stolen things all her life to meet her needs. However Sili only stole for survival, so she was curious as to why this man was doing it now.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.