You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ninja Nanny (Iwagakure - D) Empty Ninja Nanny (Iwagakure - D) Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:25 am

Hiroto

D-rank
“Hey, Hiroto! Play with me!” one of the three children – Fun, he had dubbed her – asked. “I want to go in the air again!”

“No, Hiroto, play with me!” Talkative said. “I'm going to show you all these cool new shuriken my mom bought me and I'm going to show you how I can throw them better than you can even though I'm not a shinobi and you are cause I'm just so awesome and I'm gonna-”

“Hiroto, come on over here instead!” Playful called. “I have some toys I want to show you.”

Hiroto stood at the door of the apartment, looking at the three little devils before him. It had been a mere hour since he had started babysitting, and the three had already deemed him the best babysitter they ever had, much to his dismay. Fun continuously demanded that he throw her up in the air and catch her, wanting to go higher and higher each time, and Hiroto was diffident he would be able to catch her if she went any higher than five metres.

On the other hand, Talkative had been eager to become a ninja, and his parents, knowing it was just a passing phase, had entertained the idea and bought him some plastic kunai and shuriken. Hiroto had faile to throw the plastic kunai correctly due to its difference in mass, and the boy, having much more practice, had quickly deemed himself a better ninja than Hiroto. It was okay, if it was just to play with the kids. But now he wanted to test shuriken, Hiroto was sure he would burst from embarrassment. Even his laid back attitude only brought him so far.

And then there was Playful. Playful was in some ways the same as fun, only he was more subtle about playing than his older sister was. Too subtle. He had invited Hiroto into the room to first play with action figures, and Hiroto had entertained him for a while, until he had requested Hiroto join him in his quest as his sidekick to conquer the treacherous mountainous trails (his parents' bedroom) and enter the castle (his parents' toilet) to rescue the princess, a doll, from the dungeon (the sink, fortunately). Hiroto had quickly declined after that.

“Listen, I want to play with all of you, really, but the truth is...” Hiroto's voice trailed off. How was he supposed to tell these three, sweet children that he didn't want to play their games anymore? While he was the babysitter, he also still had a sense of sanity in his mind that he didn't wish to part with, unlike how he had led many to believe otherwise. “... that I'm already very tired, so let's go read a book and go to sleep.”

“But it's just eight o'clock, Mr. Hiroto!” Talkative complained. “Our parents only tell us to go to sleep at ten o'clock, so you shouldn't tell us to go to sleep yet because it's still not the time to sleep if you go according to what our parents want you to do, which is what you should do because they paid you to do it and you should do it so that-”

“Okay, two books, and then go to sleep.”

“But, Hiroto! Two books won't take two hours!”

Hiroto sighed. “It will be a very long two books, and I will read extremely slowly. I promise you you will be in bed by the end of the two books.”

“Probably from boredom,” Fun complained.

“Hiroto! You shouldn't be telling us stories so slowly because you should be doing them the way mommy and daddy does them because that's how we're used to it and it helps us to sleep faster, and the way they do it is they put emphasis on all the-”

“Okay! How about we just go outside and play tag?”

“Sure!” Both Fun and Playful agreed.

Talkative, on the other hand, was unconvinced. “But if we play tag two hours before bed, we'll be sweaty and smelly by the time we're done and we won't be able to go to sleep properly because our bodies will be smelling really bad and it will be very sticky and we'll feel very fresh because we just ran around just now and you're not supposed to be doing that because you told us that you would watch out for us and to make sure we sleep on time and comfortably is also part of watching out for us so you have to do your duty because mom and dad paid you to do it and you took the job so you have to do it, and-”

“Okay, okay, okay,” Hiroto said, giving up. How much breath did this boy have? “Who's up for being juggled, playing shuriken, and playing white knight in shining armor?”

“Me!” all three of them yelled.

Hiroto sighed.

Word Count: 837

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.