You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Naoko

Naoko

D-rank
Mission Info:

----------------------

woke up early in the morning, before the sun rose the day I was to start my first mission. The other day I had visited the Mizukage’s Office and taken a few mission orders from the mission board in the main lobby. As I got dressed and gathered my things, I reviewed the mission order. An outpost that was being constructed on a western island was being raided nightly and requested help from the village. That help was me. Running out of my apartment, I followed the directions on the mission order to get to the western island. I had to take the village’s western gate and cross three bridges to get to the island in need of my assistance. So after strapping on my armor and tying my fox mask around my face. With my hood popped on, the fox ears on the mask poked through small cuts in my hood made just to let them show. Going outside the village I needed to keep my identity a secret. I didn’t want anyone that knew my family or samurai village to find out that I was living and working with ninja. This was one of the consequences for joining Kirigakure no Sato instead of roaming the lands in search of war and mercenary work. That kind of life just didn’t appeal to me, especially after stumbling across the dead woman’s body during my Trials.

The journey would take all morning to get to the outpost and I would need to use the afternoon to eat and rest before having to pull an all nighter. Plus I’d need to check around the outpost to find out if there’s a certain direction or time that the raids usually occur at. I took on a decent walking pace as I made my way to the first bridge which led from the main island that Kirigakure no Sato used to a smaller island in comparison on it’s west side. It had been a long time since I had stepped outside of the village’s walls. I almost had forgotten the sight of the world without buildings everywhere. There wasn’t much that I could see as the mist was as thick as ever. Still, I was able to follow small signal lights along the path and signs that led me through the rocky environment. When I came to the bridge, it’s stonework, lamps, and the mist all played an amazing role in its beauty. The sun wasn’t very bright, but I could see enough of the bridge to be enthralled in it’s design. Sure, it was just a bridge but the way it looked with the mist rolling down it and the sunlight reflecting from the mist made it so much more than an average bridge. The journey to the outpost was full of great sights like the first bridge, as several interesting trees and mountains that combed the edges of the islands. After a few hours went by and two more interesting bridges had been crossed, I had arrived at the outpost.

Wordcount: 522/1000

Naoko

Naoko

D-rank
It was very skeletal in appearance as many workers bustled through the open walls and proceeded in putting up dainty little fortifications and supports. The northern side of the outpost was being torn down as most of the woodwork was burnt down. Workers were cleaning it up and moving away the burnt structures so they could resume work. The work lights came on as the moon began to rise and I realized the day was already gone. My plan to rest up before my night watch was ruined, but after the nice journey over here, I didn’t feel that tired. They were all rather busy with their work so I was able to go unnoticed for several minutes before someone finally saw that I had been pacing around the outpost watching them go about their business. Just as the foreman came to greet me a loud yell came from the south side of the outpost. I sprung into action, sprinting through the bare bones of the wooden structure, leaping and weaving around it’s pillars and supports. After leaping over a side beam, I came face-to-face with seven men in brown cloaks with hoods covering up their eyes in shadows. One in the middle lit a molotov cocktail while the rest took out their swords. They rushed me, so in turn I pulled out my katana and slammed it into the ground. I had focused wind chakra to my blade, releasing it to send a shock wave to all of them. The blast made the guy with the molotov hesitate. Taking advantage of this, I rushed forward, sending my blade straight through his throat. I then sprinted back to where a line of three were laying, slicing each throat in one quick rush. As the other three got back up and tried to rush at me a second time, I whirled my katana vertically with my wrists, shooting focused wind chakra arrows at each of them. The arrows caught them off guard with the added speed, each arrow hitting their heads in a gory gush of blood.

As the bodies lay around me, I settled down. The workers came to help clean things up and congratulate me on taking care of the problem. I was told that the seven were the only ones that were raiding them, but I decided to stay on guard for the rest of the night. The next day I rested up before heading back to the village. The workers made me feel welcome after my display during my night shift, giving me plenty of food to eat for several weeks. I was completely grateful for their kindness as I was still rather poor and food was something I was desperately in need of. We bid each other goodbye and it wasn't long before I found myself back inside the village walls. It was a remarkable feeling to know I had just finished my first mission as a ninja of the village.

Wordcount: 1022/1000
MISSION COMPLETE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.