You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Defend the Builders (C-Rank) Empty Defend the Builders (C-Rank) Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:52 am

Iyata

Iyata

D-rank
Gazing to the north she could see the night sky and the light fading into the distance. She softly chewed on a piece of dried meat which she had brought with her as a form of rations. The saltiness of the food helped stave off any sort of craving of hearty food which would only slow her down in the long run. She was on a mission, she turned her attention directly below her perch in a high tree to see a large task force of builders continue their construction of the bridge between islands. Her mission was to protect the efforts of these builders and keep them safe. She found that some of these missions were definitely tailored to her strengths. She was curious about pulling security detail for the workers. She had been informed that a group of mercenaries have been extremely problematic for the group, based on reports provided they were going as far as catching fire to the bridge itself. She was not quite sure what to expect tonight but she was going as far as to expect everything so that she was never caught unaware. She lived by the saying “expect the best prepare for the worst.”

“Iyata do you want some dinner?” One of the workers called up to her from her sentry post high above the encampment nearest the bridge. She looked down at the man and smiled softly, “Sure I could go for a bite to eat” she said to the man. She jumped from her perch and grabbed ahold of the hand rungs and began to release and catch her way down the post. As she neared the ground she left go of the final rung and hit the ground. She knelt down with the impact allowing her knees to absorb the impact. She stood up straight and walked with the man towards the makeshift messhall. “Iyata we really appreciate you coming out here to help us keep the mercenaries off our backs. The guys and I have been talking and we feel a lot more at ease and it is helping increase our production.” Iyata smiled softly to the man and nodded her head, “Don’t mention it, the Kage said you all needed help and well, I am more the willing.” She stated gently and smiled. “Good, we were also wondering that if you were not called away on assignment that tomorrow you could help us and sort of stick around for awhile after? Make sure we truly got rid of em?” Iyata smiled and did not answer but he got the notion she was entertaining the idea.

Iyata and the builder walked into the mess tent and was greeted with a warm welcome and quickly waved over to a seat at the table.

The night drifted in and Iyata slept softly in her cot and was awoken by the raising of the alarm and the people outside yelling “FIRE” Iyata rose to her feet immediately already clothed for just this sort of situation. She ran out of her tent and took a quick account of the situation and saw lumber piles and other tents set ablaze. She saw figures moving in the distance that were not the laborers that were stationed here. She quickly made water clones of herself, and sent them off to take care of the flames and fire that was destroying the supplies. She on the other hand took off quickly towards the group of people she saw running deeper into the camp. She ran along the tents quickly trying to catch up with the group, she dropped down to the ground sliding underneath a flame covered tent and came out on the opposite side as it fell down into the dirt. Iyata glanced back a moment and continued to run after the group.

She was slowly closing the gap between herself and the individuals that she was chasing after. She placed her hands up to her mouth and began spewing jets of water at the back of the mens head. They in reaction turned around and hurled maltov’s into her direction. As they collided with the ground around her she was suddenly caught in a ring of fire. She frowned softly and made a series of handseals and spat out streams of water around her extinguishing the the fire all around her. She quickly and nimbly dashed out of the fire and quickly closed the distance between her an the group. She was met with immediate resistance as the group continued to try and escape. She punched one of the men directly in the mouth feeling his jaw break underneath the force. He crumpled to the ground in a bundle, the others of the group quickly took this as the opportunity to disappear into the darkness. Iyata spat onto the ground and frowned she grabbed the man whom she knocked out and dragged him back to the camp and threw him onto the ground in front of the builders. She looked around at what remained of the carnage and frowned gently. She was greeted by one of the leaders of the group an he smiled to Iyata “Thank you very much young Ninja, if it was not for you and your clones we would of lost much of our supplies and potentially be set back” He smiled to Iyata, she returned the smile in kind “I am glad I was able to assist, and I will remain here for now as I believe they will return and when they do I will be here to greet them.”She stated softly.

They took the liberty of confining the mercenary into one of the supply holds and locked it up tightly. Iyata sighed softly and walked back into her tent and laid back down on her cot and closed her eyes gently and once more nodded off into the bliss of slumber land, curious what the next day would bring her way, knowing that whatever it was she would be prepared.

WC: 1006/1000

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.