You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Katsu Jugo

D-rank
Song to the Hunted

Bound up in leather and tied shut with twine, it's cover hand made while the pages are folded inward bought or stolen from merchants and outlaws Katsu had passed during his lifetime. Tanned hide damaged by age and general neglect.  The pages flayed at the ends darkened by dirt and ripped by nature, watermarks stain the cover and pages, making certain sections of the book stuck together or otherwise unreadable.

It's pages contain the experiences of the self-proclaimed "Apex Predator" of the modern world. It's withered, blood stained pages and faded ink are the only record the can be found on Katsu before his emergence in the world of shinobi, seeming written by him, self-taught words of the uneducated that are so far removed from official writings found on ninja scrolls, one would not be faulted by saying it was written in another language entirely. Still, those who take the time can find pieces and stories that reveal a grizzly existence outside of the world of the villages from the perspective of a man who had spent his entire life living off of the simple and brutal rules of nature. Where he finds the true beauty, the true wonder in the art of hunting, the advancement of each animal by weeding out the weak and leaving only the strong. What more he would ask, could the world want from us, than to grow with it, and for all animals to reach the apex of what they can be, the perfect ecosystem that spans the world.

This diary can be found on the person of Katsu Jugo, and if it in any way concerns the person killing Katsu, all events written here can be found and become knowledge of the person. Benefiting them in any way they find or allowing the stories to in any way advance their character personally. It is hidden well however, and so will not be mentioned in posts outside of this thread except in the case of katsu's death.

Katsu Jugo

D-rank
Chapter 1

Entry 1, Age estimated to be fifteen years.

The following entry was written in faded ink, blood splatters across the page, faded enough to spell out the words written on it. Some blood still flaking off near the outlines of the faded red.

It is the strength to kill, an the will to live, that separates the predators and the prey. A rabbit is born to die, a fox is born to kill it. It is men that are the primary exemption to this, we are ether born prey or predator, as told by my mother. While I do not know what it is that I am, I now know what it was my mother was. As I have witnessed today her last breaths, beaten down with clubs and tied in a net I have gotten my first glimpse of who it is that I will one day show that the evolution of men must weed out the prey and we alone should lead all animals into a life of perfect, constant harmony with the brutal but real world of nature.

I said before that I found out after long living with her what it was that my mother was, prey or predator. Skipping to the point I want it said now that she was the prey, and the big game she spoke of about men was stamped out as I witnessed her ambushed and killed by the first members of the world I have seen since I can remember. She did not let out a scream, a wail or a roar when she died, but a whimper. Proving to me once and for all that in order to surpass both of my parents, I must weed out whatever weakness they have put into me, keep what was strong, and destroy what was weak. I will begin soon, with the death of the men who claimed my weak and unaware mother as their conquest.

Entry 2, Written the day later

(Training Taijutsu from D rank to C Rank.
Words needed: 1500)

It was not a thing of chance that I would have witnessed e death of my mother here, as this has proven to be the perfect first hurdle in my quest of becoming the most brilliant, and terrifying Creature the wilds have ever produced. The men where drunk and confident the first night of my hunt. Thinking themselves same sort of big game hunters as outlaws to have taken down a wild woman shinobi with their quarantined attack. Keeping themselves blissfully unaware as I crept inside their camp. They made since remarks towards the body of my now long deceased mother, but my opening occurred the moment the one, most likely their leader of sorts, started to laugh. My eyes blurred as I swear I saw the blood under his skin, pumping though his intoxicated body, he lifted his head and exposed is fat, double chinned neck, I could not stop myself, I knew it was the perfect time to make a statement to the rest of them, one they would not forget the rest of their lives. Blood dripped down my lips to my chin, my nose slowly loosing blood from than anticipation as I blacked out.

The next thing I would see and hear, outside of the surprised yelps and guttural screaming of the fatally wounded man, would be my  arm, a long, ridged spine sticking out of it, dripping in fresh blood, the man that I had marked laid back, holding his neck, a look of shock in his eyes as he stared up at me, his other hand in a death grip on his spilled drink, blood covered one side of my body, running down in thin lines my mostly unclothed body, I could feel the blank stares from behind me and I turned to the remaining members of the outlaw party. We were so far away from the nearest village. and this display was more than enough proof that what they ha done would be punished. As the last disgusting sounds of the fallen man echoed out into the night, all that could be heard was the buzzing in my head, the fire being the only light standing between me and the five men, the fresh blood already starting to clot on my body as the breeze came though, already taking it's hold on the actions of man by carrying the sent away to other predators. my mind in a manic haze as I spoke to them, for the first time to the first people I had ever met, these words that I hope to repeat one day to the leaders of the world, and have them fear it.

"I am going to kill every one of you."

It was then that the first sounds where made from them, since he black out, some had the look of panic in their eyes, but the others had a look of rage, denial of their fate, the will to live without the strength to kill, it would seem to me. Wile those who wanted to fight me after this got up, still drunk, scrambled for their weapons I however was done, my blood lust sated with the death of their leader for now. I want to taunt them, toy with my prey. To further drive home to point I left the corpse of their slowly rotting leader there with them to clean up, rigor mortis setting in casing his hand to become latched to his slowly bleeding throat and mug. It was left as a reminder of what it is was that awaited them, come their morning retaliation. I know they will be coming after me soon, so I am writing this now before I go out to find them, one down, five to go.

Entry 3, Later that evening

It appears that the tactics for hunting as a group and hunting alone differ only slightly. It could be that these men are untrained or unaware of what it as they where dealing with still, despite their success in the past. It as unavoidable that I kill one today, shame considering that I had wanted to wait for the cover of night. It was of no consequence however, as when I stalked the group, fanned out and walking in line, scanning the area for the one that butchered their leader in front of them. Hidden in the dense forest, it was easy to get behind them.

Wind in the trees, the sound of wild animals the weight of the situation barrels down on them and fills the air with so much fear and stress that I could taste it. It was becoming harder to hold myself back but I knew, as i know now that if I killed them all, or took them all on and failed, my fun would end there. I knew that I had to hold back and so I waited, and when I went in, I went in for the kill. My victim was the weaker of the lot, the one that lagged behind, the one that was brought along by the rest based on the pack's desire to have an omega, someone to push around and force into the situation. He would be given no mercy.

I don't know if it was the sound of my approach, or the general feeling of dread and suspicion of his own surroundings that led him to turn his head as I came in, but as he let himself slip one last step behind the rest of the ground, I was upon him. Before he could finish his scream for assistance I had him on the ground. Picked up by his leg and then dragged a few feet back away in the muck, before he could finish his plea for mercy I had ended his life, a sharp cut to the side of the jaw, made by a quickly crafted and retracted caw I dived down to end him. Fleeing back into the woods as the rest closed in on my location, I was sure that the location and size of the cut would make all efforts to save prove useless, but that did not stop a few of the group from trying, as one stood up and looked around, angrily crying out into the forest for me to show myself again to them. As though he expected a fair fight.

My face is a mess now, the thrill of the encounter caused my nose to once again drip blood. I can tell that this empowerment was something that I had to work for in the future, but I could not help myself from swimming in the extacy of my accomplishments. I can still hear them combing the trees now, they keep looking but soon they will give up. I already hear mutterings of retreat. Little do they know that the death of their omega will not be the only thing that I take from them. Tonight they will be on guard, and I want to display for them what it is they are contending with. I can not wait for the sun to set. Two down, Four to go.

Entry 4, Early morning, the next day

After the had given up, where I left off last entry. I did not waste any time getting to the camp at they where surely heading back to. It was clear to them by now that I was out to pick hem off one by one, and so whe they arrived the strongest out of the remaining four established a routine to watch out for danger, to watch out for me. I want to prove to them that it was a pitiful attempt, and mocked the gesture of defense by bypassing the would-be guardsman. While it was tempting, it would have been too easy to kill the guard and leave. While looking back on it now I would have liked to add him to the pile of bodies now forming in their camp. When they move the bodies, I move them back. It wont be long before they give up and move themselves. The corpses will follow them. I will be sure of it.

Rather than go for the easy prey of the guard, I went for the sleeping prey instead. Sneaking into one of the camps, I hovered over the barely asleep man, as he steered I let out a soft breath, enough to wake him from his nervous slumber. When he woke his first reaction was panic, I stopped his mouth and as he began to struggle I fought back. Not using my power mostly as a way of toying with him. As we fought for I bit I would let loose a spike here and there, slowly cutting in deeper and closer to the vital regions. It is amazing to witch the lengths an untrained predator would go to preserve it's own life, as the lights behind his eyes went out, and blood soaked the tent, myself and him. He whole time with one hand clasped over his mouth, I could see the look of utter shock, pain and maybe, just a hint of regret in his life. There was no time for his redemption now. As I left the camp his body still lies there, serving as a sign that they will never be able to sleep safe with me after them. Three down, Three to go.

(Training on Taijutsu D-C finished
Words needed: 1500
Words counted (not including titles of entries) 1573)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.