You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kidnapper On The Loose (S-rank Mission) Empty Kidnapper On The Loose (S-rank Mission) Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:47 pm

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo was napping on a branch of her tree one day when a messenger pidgin arrived. Ukiyo recognized him immediately; he had a small bandage around his ankle that had appeared there a few weeks ago. She wondered if it was from an enemy or friendly, or maybe an accident. Either way, it's unfair. You wouldn't have been hurt if they didn't enslave you like this. She unattached the note from his feet and grasped him gently. The pidgin happily complied as Ukiyo brought the pidgin into her lap and stroked him gently. She then concentrated chakra into her finger tips and sprouted a few berries for him to munch on while he relaxed. Honestly, as if you were a tool. After a few minutes, the pidgin became restless, knowing it should be leaving. Ukiyo released him into the air and watched as he glided away. She stood up and unraveled the note, reading it aloud.

Ukiyo- You are being called upon to investigate a lead on some recent kidnappings. The responsible party is suspected to be in the South Forest, likely concealed within the foliage. Your expertise of woodland areas, as well as your well versed combat abilities have led us to believe you would be the best shinobi to persecute him. Below you will find descriptions of the victims as well as an eye witness's account of the possible target. Should you encounter him, you are ordered to engage immediately. We do not condone kidnapping in any form, nor do we believe you do. Should you be successful in finding his whereabouts, you are also ordered to free any live captives and return them to Konoha safely. Do so and you will be compensated in the usual fashion.

Ukiyo giggled as she read it, exaggerating dialect she found to be silly. The letter itself was formal, as they always were. They seemed to think she should be treated more like a contractor than a shinobi of Konoha. Especially the part about condoning kidnapping, the way they attempted to connect with her with a mutual interest. It was all laughable to her, the village itself seemed to be losing its appeal. Why do I bother with them? Ukiyo sighed, then reviewed the information below the mission description. When done, she crumbled up the piece of paper and stuffed it in her pocket, then took off in the direction of the South Forest.

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo arrived at the south forest, perched on a tree near the southern border. She looked out among the canopy, deciding the best way to traverse it. After examining it for a while, she turned her attention to the floor. Hm. It's much more open then the dense forest, the bushes seem thinner, the trees shorter; it's like a miniature version of home. I could scout the entire forest floor in a few hours if I traveled through the canopy, but that sounds tedious. While Ukiyo loves climbing through woodlands, she hates doing it with any sort of structure. A search like this would involve covering the forest inch by inch, which she wasn't ready to do. No, that won't do. I can do better. But what? Hmm.. Oh! I know! Oi! Hm? Can you help search for this person or place or thingy/whatever? And why should I? You're just serving the humans, you know. You know as well as I do that we have to do what is necessary. Yes, we are helping the humans, but the reward for doing so will help us with our plans. The good outweighs the bad. How can you be sure? What if this man is good for our cause? A kidnapper they said, no? He's been actively taking out humans, what's wrong with that? Maybe the good we get out of this will be outweighed by the bad that comes from disposing of him. If we arrive and find he has used their bodies for fertilizer, then sure, we'll spare him. Until then, however, he is manic. Anyone can kill people; what we need are those will do so for our cause. Or at least in parallel with it. I disagree. Any help is helpful. But as I said, we need resources. The minor set back of losing this resource is irrelevant if our plan comes to thruition. In that sense, you are right. While I wish we could acquire them in other ways, I suppose you know best in this manner. Fine. We will assist. Thank you!

Ukiyo felt her mind slip away as a collective consciousness took control of her body. Her eyes lazily closed halfway as their light left them. Her breathing became shallow and choppy, as if unnatural. Ukiyo dropped from her branch and landed hard on the forest floor, crouching as she made contact. All around her grass began to grow: on the ground, up trees, across any surface she could reach out to. She began running forward towards the center of the forest. As she did so, the grass followed her, receding from its farthest back position and extending forward at the front of her reach. Beneath the ground, burrows and crevasses became filled with grass. Eventually, she could feel a large cavern underground, and up ahead a smallish structure. This is suspicious. I think we found your target.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ukiyo on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo approached a small hut rapidly, grass covering it as she drew near. She climbed up into the canopy and scouted with her grass, then when the coast was clear, dropped down onto the roof. She punched through a clearly decaying portion of its roofing, which gave way and a small hole formed on top. Ukiyo dropped through into the small, damp shed. No one appeared to be present, but her grass indicated a large complex underground. It also showed her the nearest way to get down; a staircase concealed by a beneath some furniture and rug. They were both filthy; covered in dirt, dust, and mold in some places. Ukiyo grabbed them without hesitation and pulled the lot aside. She lifted a door in the floor boards and proceeded down. It was dark and damp, only a few candles seemed to light the vast cavern. Ukiyo's grass coated the floor and various tables and shelves. There also appeared to be some sort of containers scattered about too with bars for sides. Ukiyo felt something moving up ahead and readied herself. Suddenly, she felt movement through her grass coming right towards her. One, no two, no three figures seem to be gliding through the grass. One directly in front of her and the other two towards her flanks. She immediately jumped back as the three converged in front of her. Her grass coated their bodies, giving her a full description of them. These are...the people who went missing? That can't be right; they don't even move like humans. It's almost as if they floated over to Ukiyo, and their bodies are limp. Oh shit... She jumped up and threw out her hand towards the three of them, but could tell they moved before the seeds landed. When Ukiyo landed back on the ground, the three were coming at her from all angles again. It also seemed to be that there was a forth approaching from above, cutting her off from her usual escape. Ukiyo opened her hand, then sunk beneath the earth. Once below, she quickly emerged a few meters away and made a hand sign. From beneath the fourth puppets emerged 10 blasts of water, as well as 10 balls of water flying towards the group from Ukiyo's body. They exploded on the target, each of which seemed to be broken down a bit from the attack. Ukiyo then braced herself for their attack once again. One was already upon her, having an immense amount of speed. They swung their arm out towards her face but Ukiyo crouched below their arm, then shot her leg out towards their stomach. The puppet's other hand caught her foot, So fast and attempted to twist her ankle to break it. Ukiyo spun her body with the direction the puppet twisted it, however, and was swung her other leg around to smash it across the face. Her foot made a direct hit and she could feel the wood break off its cheek, scattering across the floor. It still had a good hold on her other ankle though, which Ukiyo promptly took care of. As her foot made its way to her other side and the puppet continued trying to break her ankle, Ukiyo planted her hands down on the ground and launched backwards, snapping her free leg up towards the puppet's stomach and pulling her caught leg back. As she did this, the force was enough to tear the puppet's arm clear off. Ukiyo removed the limp fingers from her ankle and recomposed herself. Puppets are so weird.

Spoiler:

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo then felt a terrible heat build above her grass in the distance. It appeared in front of one of the puppets, a fireball no doubt. It was massive, the largest Ukiyo would have seen. Unlike her, however, the collective of plants was cool and calm, throwing her left arm out to the side to launch seeds away from her. The heat then began rocketing across the ground, torching grass as it flew towards her. Ukiyo activated her seeds just as they were about 3 meters away, while also activating a duplicate seed from within her palm, so the two sets of vines grabbed each other at their full length. 5 small vines sprouted from each, which then slung her in the direction the of the thrown seed. This propelled Ukiyo to the left, less than a meter above the ground. As her body approached the ground, she picked up running in the direction of the momentum. Just as she did, however, the intense heat consumed her vines, which shocked her plants and caused Ukiyo to regain control of her boy. As she came to, Ukiyo was running on the ground and could barely see anything in the low light, when almost immediately another puppet showed up in front of her. It had its hands together in a snake seal already and a massive stone wall appeared in front of him. Ukiyo still had a few meters to go when she did the first thing that came to her mind. Her body flipped foward and her arm bent down as she fell face-first towards the ground. She then extended her arm and pushed off the ground, while also pushing off with the vines on it. This propelled Ukiyo up, who then converted the momentum to be parallel with the wall, running up it. She went up pretty high, but was unable to climb over. She then began falling down the side of it, sliding with her vines clinging to it for traction.

She landed when three puppets began closing in around her. One from in front, and one from each flank. She had her back to a wall and knew she couldn't jump out. Ukiyo smiled, Hm, my plants definitely covered them in seeds already. The only problem is that their puppets; they don't go down as easy as humans. I could restrain them, then go for the controller. Too risky for hear, better just push back. Ukiyo made a hand sign with each hand as they closed in, holding her arms out to the sides and crouching. Each of her hands had their pinkies bent together in a point, and suddenly each of the puppets had bamboo piercing through them. They each had bamboo shooting from one of their arms and their main body, pinning it down. Two of them had each arm pinned to their body in this way. As they grew and pinned them down, Ukiyo grew mimic bamboo on her body as well. Each of her hands grew forth a chute from them, each of her forearms had bamboo growing along their outside, formed into hooks at their ends, and one grew from the top of her head. She turned her head as they grew, so she was facing left. As the puppet from the left came in, with one arm still free, Ukiyo dashed forward and hooked his free arm with her right, pulling him around as she turned right. The one from previously in front of her was now directly in front of her again, and close. She punched forward with her left arm, skewering its head and stopping it in its tracks. Ukiyo then swept up in her right arm to drop the puppet and stabbed down with her right to destroy that one further as well. As the third approached quickly, Ukiyo realized her arms were pinned down. She planted her bamboo into the ground through each puppet, Then launched herself forward with her head facing the puppet. She gathered enough force to spear the puppet through the head, ripping it off with her. Ukiyo then made a hand sign to release her bamboo from her body, the five chutes snapping at their connection. Ukiyo lodged each rod through a puppet, assuring they were all locked up. That was easier then I thought. Is this guy not that great of a puppeteer?

Spoiler:

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo looked around the room, trying to find the puppeteer. I can barely see, how could he possibly be able to control all of these puppets in the dark? Shit for all I know he already escaped. I need to find him before- As Ukiyo assessed the situation, the three puppets around her began lifting back up, cornering her again. He doesn't know when to quit I guess. They can't do anything in their current state. Ukiyo was about to launch forward to dismember one of them when the all three puppets began glowing. Shit, not good. Ukiyo shifted her weight down rather than forward and launched herself up into the air; whatever was happening with them was something she wanted to be far away from. The three puppets began glowing brighter and brighter, to the point where Ukiyo could barely keep her eyes open. She did, however, manage to see the puppeteer in the far right corner during the brief moment of light. She made another hand sign, readying herself for their attack. As she began to fall back down towards them, and the light grew progressively stronger, Ukiyo decided it may be best to use her fallback and then to charge the puppeteer when he least expected it. Whatever they're about to do, it seems he's putting a lot of work into it. They can't use their arms, so it's most likely not going to be a physical attack. I need to just brace myself and be prepared to come out swinging. I just need to remember which direction he is and- As she came back down, Ukiyo's skin grew thicker and thicker, slowly morphing into a bark-like substance that covered her head to toe. She prepared herself for the incoming attack, holding her hands in front of her face and pulling in her legs as she fell down. As she did, the light grew and eventually consumed the entire room in pitch white. Their was a piercing tone for a split second before the light withdrew into each puppet, the tone playing in reverse. Each puppet them immediately exploded in a vast eruption; bamboo, wood, flames and all flew every which way. A large portion of it blew Ukiyo back up into the air, shredding/charring her armor all over the front. The back seemed to be in good shape, however the parts hit by the explosion were badly damaged. Ukiyo, on the other hand, was perfectly fine. The wind was knocked out of her from the force, but by the time she landed back on the ground she recovered her breath. She immediately lifted her head and shot off in the direction she thought she remembered seeing the puppeteer standing.

Spoiler:

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo dashed towards the man in a wild sprint; crouched low to the ground and flying forward with all her strength. She could make out his figure in the dim lighting, seeing him swiftly dodge left and begin running once he caught sight of her. The chase wouldn't take long; Ukiyo quickly caught up to him in no time and through her weight over her right shoulder, planting her right hand down and flinging off it while kicking his head. She landed a direct hit, so much so that his head seemed to fly clear off. Sh-shit- When she noticed there wasn't any sign of blood or carnage, however, she breathed easy. The man substituted with his last puppet at the last possible second, however left it vulnerable to Ukiyo. She stuffed her foot through its joints, dismembering it in a matter of seconds. She was sure the man was still in the cavern with her; it was far to big to escape it quickly, even for her. Ukiyo wasn't about to play hide and seek though, she was done playing games. Ukiyo planted her hands together in front of her and took a heavy breath in, then threw them to the ground and tensed her muscles. There were still a few seeds spread around the room from her fight, and she could tell two of them were in the perfect position for her final attack. She channeled a massive amount of chakra down through her hands, gathering it in the earth below. She meld it below her, bringing in earth from the ground and water from her body to meet in her palms, then pulsed this out to her seeds. She lifted her hands up as they shook, as if ripping the trees from the ground herself. She yelled out in might, TREEES! Three goliath trees grew from the ground; two spread out away from her and one directly below. As the one directly below grew, Ukiyo meld herself with it, her skin absorbing into the tree as fast as it grew up into her. The three trees smashed through the ceiling and caved in the entire lair. There's no doubt that the man was dead; not even Ukiyo could outrun that downpour. That is, unless he had an ability like hers. Ukiyo emerged from the tree above ground and proceeded to head home, feeling done with the mission at hand. You aren't going to confirm the kill? Consider it payback for your help.

Spoiler:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.