You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

Uchiha Oshiki

Uchiha Oshiki

D-rank
It would be fair to say that over the last few weeks, Oshi had been interacting with a lot of people through the village and almost all of them had grown to like him. Whether that was because he'd taken care of their trouble students and had reduced the number of troublemakers in their class among the people who wanted to keep their crotches unsullied or because he was the one that had taken care of their mole problem, or because he'd stopped their shop from being robbed. He was slowly becoming more and more of a man of the people, he was not as popular as takeshi, but he was definitely overcoming the people who disliked him for being an Uchiha member. However, that might not be able to last after tonight. Tonight was going to be one of the most awkward jobs that he'd ever had to undertake. It was almost like the village had asked him to stomp on the dreams of the common people. Tonight, apparently, their was a minor protest in the Market District of town and it was slowly becoming a threat to law and order. It was supposed to be a peaceful protest about how much control the Shinobi had over the village (A concept that he supported wholeheartedly, disgusted that the only elite in the village came from people who were able to be impossibly strong and that it was governed by the strongest despite how many intelligent weak people there were), but one of the people there was corrupting it and turning it from something beautiful and intelligent to something violent and disturbing. Now he was having to disagree with his own beliefs simply to avoid having to fight the people who couldn't fight back.  Damn that man, and damn everything he stood for.

---

"You say that, but you're one of them! You're a Shinobi so of course you're going to justify them, if you didn't you would be insulting yourself. Who would attack us if we didn't have any ninjas in the village? Who would attack us if we didn't have any ninjas in the village?" he asked, and by this point it seemed like the crowd wouldn't be listening to reason. they were so addicted to the words coming from the man that they weren't thinking about how he was just lying and making everything stand on the shoulders of the Shinobi. he wanted to deck this guy in the face, but he couldn't be so obvious about it. So, he was going to need to take care of this himself, but it was going to need to be stealthy. This was. thankfully, the reason that he had been promoted to Special Jounin rank. He was a hunter-nin, he was an assassin, and he could join ANBU if he so wished. So, he could do this one little thing. Moving so that he was brushing past the man as he began to give a speech, their bodies connected for a second and he was caught in his genjutsu instantly, and suddenly the man's body went stiff as a rock and... fell over, onto his back. Despite giving the appearance that he was going to give a speech, he turned around as he heard the fall and moved to his side. The man seemed like he might have actually had a stroke or something, which was brilliant because with his age the crowd would think that it was natural causes.

"M-mister  Takahashi?" He asked, feigning worry. Moving his head so he could check for breath, he noticed that the man was barely breathing. Looking at the crowd, he called out to them.
"Is anyone here a doctor?" When a man at the back nodded, Oshi continued "I'll move the body somewhere less congested, we need to make sure he's okay." With that, he slipped his hands under the body and began to move it off, before looking apologetically at the crowd.
"Sorry folks, Mister Takahashi seems to have fainted. We're going to need to give him medical attention, please go back to what you were doing." With that, he moved off the stage as people began to disband. He hated lying to the people like that, but it was necessary. Now nobody was going to get hurt.

---

Over the last few months, maybe even a year now, Oshi had become more and more of a public figure as he worked for the village throughout every job that people wanted him to do. No matter what the job was, they all seemed to flock to him as if he was some sort of hero. Even that boy, Lukyo, maid it horrendously clear that he didn't see Oshi as a normal Uchiha. He was an anomaly, a peace lover and someone who wanted to be able to shape the world into something beautiful. He was even beginning to climb through the ranks, it seemed like he'd ranked up extremely quickly, although that was probably only because of the fact that he had spent six years as a genin. Now he was a special jounin, promoted for his skills as an assassin. He had even been invited to join ANBU if he wanted, but for now he wasn't able to see himself in a job like that. He wanted to be able to protect the village, and he would do almost anything if it ensured the continued safety of the village, but... but was he willing to do something like that? He wanted to be the Kage one day, he wanted to pick up the reigns after Takeshi passed on, he was a great man but Oshi felt like he could do the job better. Still, there was another reason. He still had thoughts about what he had done the last time that he had done a job for the village. The last time that he had worked for the village. The flames... the dead. He had killed two Chunin and a Jounin without batting an eyelid, and then.. and then...

~~

"P-please don't kill me...." He begged, tears in his eyes. This guy was pathetic! He tried to get good people killed and now he was crying over what was the obvious punishment for what he'd done? Bastard.
"My father died for the village, you damned self-aggrandizing bastard. He died fighting in a far away land and never got to see his youngest son, my mother hadn't given birth to my little brother before my dad died. But then my mum died too. So did my brother and sister. They died to try and make the village a better place, they wanted nothing more than for people to be safe and happy. But, you wanted to destroy the village to get more power, so you know what? Say please again." he said, as the man seemed to whimper before giving Oshi what he wanted "P-please?" Oshi's hand moved out and wrapped around the man's face, squeezing his head so hard it would hurt, before whispering with a mix of fury and disgust in his face.

"No." Suddenly slamming his hand back, he slammed the back of the man's head against the walls, breaking the skull open and smearing the blood and brains all over the wall of the carriage, before doing it again and again until he was definitely dead. Definitely, since he was little more than a mess at that point. Dropping the man where he lay on the floor, Oshi picked up a match that the man had used to light his pipe earlier, striking it against the wall and catching both the match and the carriage on fire. This was over, he thought as he stepped outside as the carriage slowly began to burn.

~~

Oshi felt sick just looking back at that incident. The man had threatened the village, every last thing that Oshi had ever stood for, everything that he wanted and everything that he had dreamed would have been crushed under that greedy bastard's feet on his road to power, but that didn't make what Oshi had done any more excusable. He hadn't just killed him like he'd killed the others - Quick, painless, surgical like cutting away rotted flesh - he'd made it painful, slow, gory. The blood had dried around his hand by the time that he had rode back to the village, but it still covered the horse that he'd ridden's reigns, enough to make people back away when they looked at him. He couldn't blame them, an Uchiha covered in blood? That was rarely if ever a good sign.

He wanted to be able to tell people that he had done it to protect them, to stop a threat to their continued safety, to remove a plague that had infested them and threatened to hurt them, maybe even to kill them, but he couldn't. that was giving away precious information that was something only the village's higher ups should know. Thankfully, only a few people had noticed, so his reputation wasn't that pock-marked, and killing was expected among ninjas, even respected in certain areas, but the non-Shinobi who had seen him had begun shying away from him. Even the ones that had seen him help the old man who had "fainted" in the stands were no longer willing to view him as anything more than a killer, not a man of the people but just another participant in the killing fields of the Ninja. So... so, unable to tell people and having no-one other than Mitsuo to really turn to, he had gone to the one place that he visited whenever times got rough. He had gone back home.

Well, not home per se, but this was where his family were. Their names, at least, since they were all inscribed on the tablet for the honored Shinobi of the village. He was not as bad as some people, some people had never known their family, but in the same way wasn't that more tragic? His father was a great man, who'd been taken by the drums of war and never returned. Missing in action, the report said, suspected killed. So, despite not being confirmed dead, his name was inscribed on the monument. His sister, betrayed by her own team-mate and used as a body-shield was inscribed here, she had been on her first mission. His mother and brother, killed by Kirigakure ninja who fled from the cremation of their village, they were here too. Oshi almost smiled at the names on the plaque as he read them, in a way glad just for that small  bit of familiarity.

"Hey guys... I'm sorry I don't come to visit more often, my free time has all been taken by the village recently, and they expect me to do so many jobs I don't know if I'm coming or going. But.. you probably know all that, if you're able to hear me that is. After all, if you're listening and watching over me you know the good I've done for the people, the friends I've made and even the progress. Did you see me fight that strange girl in the forest? the one with the green hair?" he said, as if waiting for an answer that he knew would never come. It could never come, he didn't believe in ghosts or spirits or an afterlife. Still, there was no harm trying, right? Either he was right and he was just talking to himself, or he was wrong and he actually got to talk to people he cared for.

"I guess you saw her kick my ass as well. But... she insulted you, she mocked you, what the hell was I supposed to do? Just let her stand there and laugh about how her precious trees were more important than living, feeling people who were stolen from me? That fucking bitch..." he said, his fist tightening as if he was about to punch something. He... he honestly might, at this point.

Additional Information:

Walking down the street of the semi familiar village, empty handed, and by himself felt only a little strange. Not because of the lack of a walking spear, that could be remedied if he really wanted to just by focusing his chakra; not even the vaguely familiar village made him feel strange, he was used to seeing new towns and cities all the time and wasn't uncomfortable at all; no it was being alone that was going to have to take some getting used to; a lot of getting used to. The pleasant weather that Konoha was known for was of course present with some clouds in the skies being pushed along by the winds, only the occasional wind would be strong enough to push at his cloths. Of course having buildings around him would naturally block the winds from reaching him, but only up to his destination; such areas were general lacking in dense buildings to give the inhabitants and visitors some peace and quiet to meditate in.

Walking there he went un-bothered by those around him. Of course he looked only a little different than just another traveler, and only a bit like a monk thanks to his general appearance. Tho his massive natural chakra aura was general the normal reason he was bothered. The village had seen him enough before in the past that there was no longer an immediate call to arms every time he stepped foot near the village; now it was just a gentle watch put over him from the shadows to make sure that he didn't wreck havoc while in a populated area. It was a unspoken but agreeable compromise the village and he had; He gets to enter the village, they watch him, and as long as he didn't make a problem or suddenly vanish each party was generally content. At least that was how things had always gone with his master by his side; things seems to be the same while he was alone, but it could change.

Slowly he walked up the steps, his shoulders heavy with the bad news and his heart even heavier with it. It was always a sad time when a fellow monk died, especially when it was one that had raised you like a father. Unfortunately with how slow news sometimes spread between the various groups, he had brought it upon himself to share the news with his mentor's favorite village. He wasn't sure he if shared the feeling about the village, sure it was a very nice one, but any village one a nice one back in those days. He recalled meeting the monks here a long time ago, and every subsequent time the two of them visited they seemed to always remember him perfectly, so he could expect a welcome at the least.

Walking through the entryway, Tetsu shivered, from the outside or the inside he wasn't sure, but today was definitely a cold day no matter what the weather was. Already there was a familiar face moving to greet him personally. With the enthusiasm of meeting a friend long gone the monk began " Greetings Tetsu! It is good to see you again after all these years. You have grown a good deal! Will your master be joining us shortly?" Before he stopped suddenly at the sight of Tetsu's body language, and with all the previous enthusiasm utterly gone he asked " He isn't coming is he? Ever..... again." All Tetsu could do to reply was gently shake his head back and forth.

Barely loud enough for the two of them to hear he whispered back " I am here to pay my respects to his memory, at his favorite village. I hope I may do that here." With a solemn nod from the other monk he left to the back room to pay his respects to the dead while the monk left to spread the news and otherwise record the passing.

He went to a field that was reserved for a large stone monument. The area had in the past been used for as a training ground for ninja, but at the moment it was vacant of anyone training. The monument was inscribed with the names of the numerous men and women who died protecting the village, looked to have had many new names since the last time he was here. His mentor wouldn't be added to the monument because he had died of old age and not protecting the village. But nonetheless this place seemed to be fitting for paying his respects.

Kneeling down to pay his respects, he could hear a man speaking to himself, tho the words themselves eluded his ears. So he began his own respects. Whispering so that only himself, and the dead could hear him, he payed his respects, less in coherent sentences, more like a chant. His mutterings jumped between their time together, things that he wished they still do, what he would do now, what he should do now, how difficult the path he walked alone would be, trying to earn respect, and several similar things all of which seemed to blend together to a point of near incoherence.

With his "words" said he remained unmoving from his place letting his thoughts flow about freely in his head. He waited in solemn reflection to once again find his center with the aid of a simple breathing exercise. Once he was focused once again he let out a sigh as some of the stress that had plagued him in the past few days drained away. He continued to wait a while longer before moving from his spot on the ground, more the gather his strength than to gather his wits. Only then did his determination begin to rekindle.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Tetsu on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Uchiha Oshiki

Uchiha Oshiki

D-rank
"I guess you saw her kick my ass as well. But... she insulted you, she mocked you, what the hell was I supposed to do? Just let her stand there and laugh about how her precious trees were more important than living, feeling people who were stolen from me? That fucking bitch..." he said, his fist tightening as if he was about to punch something. He... he honestly might, at this point.

Still, whether he would or not seemed to become permanently suspended in the flow of time as he was instead interrupted by the sound of someone coming up the stairs. He didn't need to look behind him, the speed of the footfalls made this man seem like he wasn't hurrying, and if that was indeed the case then he had to assume that he was simply another mourner rather than someone who would have actually posed a threat to him. Of course, it didn't occur to him how egotistical or perhaps narrow-minded it had been for him to automatically assume that juts because someone was in mourning they weren't a threat, but he hadn't killed anyone recently. Well, not true, he'd killed a lot of people recently, from within the village and without, but none who would be missed and none that had their death's attributed to Oshi in anything other than official reports. Besides, everyone that he had killed had either been a missing-nin or a nuke-nin, so it wasn't like it was unexpected for them to be killed. It was kind of a danger of the job, like the danger of getting crushed in a mine-shaft collapse if you were a miner.

It was only when the man knelt down next to him did he see him truly for the first time. The man was young, not as young as some of the ninjas from the village but he was definitely young. If he was not mistaken, Oshi would have guessed that the man was at least half a decade younger than him, if not more. But, there was something else that seemed to surprise Oshi. The man was dressed from head to toe in a rather bizarre outfit. Tight leather jeans, two belts (two! What pointless extravagance!) and a shirt that seemed to be bound by leather straps the same way that buttons normally would be (seriously, what's wrong with buttons? Buttons were nice and... less fetish-y) and he was wearing a long blue scarf. However, among all those things, Oshi didn't see the sign of him wearing a headband. Now, that was bizarre, because people seemed to wear their headband as a point of pride, although paradoxically it was rarely actually worn around the head. People wore it in many other places, some had it wrapped around their arm, some used it as a makeshift eye-patch, some extended the fabric it was tied to and used it as a belt, and people like Oshi wore it around their neck to avoid letting people choke them. After all, with that added bit of shield, not only was his jugular covered, but it also made it much harder for someone to get their hand around his neck, making it all but impossible to choke him.

As it currently was, Oshi was wearing a different outfit from his normal uniform jacket. His leather boots were still there, although these were almost like heels, staying tight-fitting to his foot and tied by a series of leather straps up his leg until it stopped halfway between his knee and his ankle (yes, he was wearing leather straps as well! Shut up, who wears buttons on their shoes?)Tucked under that, he wore a pair of light blue jeans that had what appeared to be a simple linen shirt underneath it, with the wondrous buttons that the man's outfit sorely missed. He was also wearing a pair of white gloves to cover his hands, and a brown hooded jacket that seemed more like an over-shirt than a coat. This was also made of linen, but there was something about it that made it look more like burlap. It was a sort of earthy, natural brown that was hard to master in normal dyes. Fashion designers would hardly kill each other for his outfit, but it was definitely something that suited him. His hair was dealt with the same way it was always dealt with, his hair left to hang basically, making it clear that no express effort had been made to do his hair well today. If his family were watching him, they would be judging him over his actions rather than whether or not he straightened his hair or whether he kept it ridiculously short as some ninjas seemed to obsess over.

The silence was almost palpable as both people just stood (or, in the ronin's case, knelt) looking at the monument. This man had been murmuring something under his breath, and whilst Oshi had not been able to hear him he had been able to read his lips. Not enough to actually tell what he was saying, but knowing that he was saying the same thing over and over again, almost like a chant. No headband, a bizarre outfit and chanting in front of a grave... was this guy a priest? No, he was sure that priests had to dress more modestly, whilst he wouldn't call what the man was wearing lavish he would definitely say that it was immodest. it would draw the attention of anyone who wasn't blind within the nearby vicinity, although that might be something to do with the fact that it was quite tight and that if Oshi wasn't concentrating on other things, he'd had to admit that the man was not-bad-looking. He was hardly instantly attracted to him, but he wasn't like others who would just get rejected out of hand. But, honestly, he cared more about other things right now than about the fact that there was someone chanting like an idiot.

So, how was he going to bridge the gap that silence left? there had to be something, he had faith that there was some way to keep this silence from continuing indefinitely. He knew that if it did nothing bad would come from it, but there was still a basic curiosity that Oshi had that was driving him to know more about this man. To know why he wasn't wearing a headband, to know what had brought him out here, to know who he was mourning. For a moment in time, if only this moment, they were brothers in arms, they were both the silent vigils on the gravestones of those who were forgotten except for the words carved in a single solitary stone. So, it was only right that they get to know each other.

"So..." and, Oshi knew that he was going to need to breach this sooner or later. "... if you don't mind me asking, who are you mourning? Whoever they were, they must have been important to you." He was sympathetic and understanding, and would more than understand if the man didn't want to share his own reasons for being here with someone he'd not even truly met. Sometimes grief was personal, and sometimes it was not so much. Although, judging the age of the man, he could make a decent guess about who. He was not wearing a headband for the mourning ceremony, and if he was mourning his team-mate from the village, he would surely be wearing it as a sign of respect. That and the fact that Oshi had not seen him around before. that most likely meant a family member. But, he was not crying. So, it was not that fresh of a wound. It was not suddenly sprung on him, this had been known for a while. He wasn't here with any other family members, which would either show that he was an only child and that he was mourning his parent(s), or that he was an orphan and mourning a sibling. Or perhaps he was mourning for more than one, just like Oshi was. But, either way, educated guess or not it was rude to guess things about a person like this. A person that, by all rights, Oshi didn't even know in the slightest apart from in judgements made about his overly eccentric clothing.

Additional Information:

With his homage to the dead, in particularly his master, come to a close it was time to begin moving on and settling into his new life. From the corner of his eye he could see the other man looking him over and his attire. He would admit that is was very strange cloths to wear, with some parts of his cloths being rather foreign, he liked it overall. He had piecemeal it together during his travels. The one part of his outfit he was still getting used to was the dual belts. He had picked that piece up just two years ago when traveling far beyond the borders of the known countries of the ninja. A very strange place where they had never heard of manipulating chakra into advanced jutsu like was so common here. But he has found the double belts to be pretty interesting, and possibly useful because they provided additional room to attach things to your belts; not that he even had enough things to fill up half a belt. All in all, not the attire one would expect from a monk, but he was only partly a monk, partly a... he wasn't sure what to call it; a crusader perhaps?

Returning the favor of appraising the other man, he didn't appear to be be anything special like a ninja or the like, at least not immediately obvious from his cloths; tho the shoes maybe. More than likely he either changed into his current set of cloths because he was off duty and came in memory of fallen comrades, or he was close to some of the fallen ninja inscribed onto the stone and had come to pay his respect. At least that is what his logic told him, for all he knew of the matter it might be the Mizukage standing next to him.

As the silence dragged on between the two of them, with their respects seemingly payed for the time being the silence between them began to grow to an uncomfortable level. Just before he himself stood up to break the silence, the other man did so first. "So.... if you don't mind me asking, who are you mourning? Whoever they were, they must have been important to you." A little startled by the man's directness, but with that being their obvious common link it was a good place to start at least. Making sure that he was composed before he spoke to avoid any embarrassing mumbling, he stood up to better converse. " My recently deceased teacher. Al tho his home monastery is outside of the country, and his travels with me disqualifies him from being engraved on this monument, the Leaf Village was always his favorite so I thought it proper to pay homage to him here." Just mentioning their travels again brought up happy memories again which easily crept into his free voice. Today was a day of respect and friendship, not of distrust and fear. His crusade could wait a little longer. Maybe even this man could be of vital aid some time in the future.

Stopping his thoughts before they left there here and now, it was his turn to spur on the conversation. In reflection of the man's inquire he used their common link as well. " And who do you pay respects to today? Someone actually honored on the monument I take it? gesturing his hand to the near by monument just in case it wasn't blatantly obvious which monument he was speaking about. The Leaf Village seemed to have several monuments and he didn't want to get the conversation mixed up.

Remembering his forgotten manners moments later he hurriedly corrected his mistake. " By the way, my name Is Tetsu, the monk. Don't let my cloths dissuade you, my master was rather open minded about my appearances while we traveled, so I picked up some interesting items." His master would surely turn over in his grave if he offered friendship without even offering his name, he was raised better than that! Of course offering his name was often the best way to get another person's name, or at least the most subtle and least rude way to do so; a gentle reminder that no introductions had been given yet.
WC:

Uchiha Oshiki

Uchiha Oshiki

D-rank
The man was mourning his teacher.. so, not a father or anything, that was good. It showed that he had some basic respect for the authority figures in his life, but he doubted that it would be any crippling sorts of mourning. he had known people who had shut down when they were mourning, who were close to killing themselves because other people had died and... well, hell, he had been one of them! If it wasn't for Mitsuo, he would not be here right now having this discussion, which probably showed a level of difference between him and the man who was kneeling next to him. It was the same difference between a man who'd lost his house in a fire and a member of Kirigakure. Not that they weren't both traumatic, he could imagine them both being horrifically traumatic, but they were nothing to eternally whine over. That could be left for things like losing your entire family over. Oshi was probably one of the ones in the world who had dealt with their situation the best, albeit with help.

However, as the man mentioned about monasteries, Oshi raised his eye. The only people who worked within monasteries were monks.. well, ,monks, abbots, nuns and friars, although really they were the same thing. They were basically just people who were dressed in unnecessarily old clothes and had schizophrenic discussions with a god that only really existed inside their heads. At least, that was Oshi's take on the issue. for all he knew, they could actually be talking to the galactic overseer, the one thing that created every living thing and for some reason was already pre-existing, existing before existence was even possible. He was not a believer in such a thing, but if people wanted to bend logic and believe in stuff that made absolutely no logical sense and only felt good to those who wanted to believe there was some greater purpose, that they weren't all just living in a world of chaos where the only sense is that that people make for themselves then it was fine by him. As long as they didn't force their mantra down his throat as so many of them seemed to do, he was absolutely fine with it. Since this man wasn't going into any details about his religion - despite being a monk, or at least he was the student of a monk so he had to assume that this guy was also a monk - he was also fine with this guy. Or, more than fine since he clearly showed respect to someone, something that a lot of the members of this village seemed absolutely incapable of doing.

Then he asked about who he had lost, and Oshi suddenly wondered where to start. Should he start chronologically? Should he just be vague about it, but this man had given him details so he should really let him know what he had lost, besides it was not something that he kept a secret, a lot of people within the village knew about his family situation, so with that in mind he told the man everything.

"My entire family. My father went Missing In Action when I was a boy, my sister was killed by her team-mate when I was sixteen and a few years back I lost my brother and mother to the refuges from Kirigakure. They... they were beaten to death by people who were trying to help them.." he said, his face turning to one of anger once again, he always seemed to be furious whenever he thought about the wrongs that had been done to his beloved family, but he snapped out of it almost instantly - He could not be seen to be a loose cannon, that would just get people concerned about him again and if he had to deal with one more ounce of falsely sympathetic bullshit then he would probably drown in the stuff. If you're going to feel sorry for someone, fucking feel sorry for them, don't pretend to! Hell, he was annoyed at Ukiyo for the way that she had insulted his dead family, claiming they deserved it, but he was only a little bit less annoyed by those people who claimed to be sorry for his loss but were, in fact, far from. Bloody biased people, hating folks just because of the specific clan they were born into.

The man admitted that he was a monk, although Oshi had already guessed that the moment he mentioned that his maser worked in a monastery, and gave him his name. Tetsu... that meant "steel". It was a good name, but something more akin to a soldier than a priest. For a priest, he expected something more along the lines of "Kami" or "Tengoku", so there was probably a story behind that. A story that, quite frankly, he couldn't care less about. Right now, he cared more about avoiding any potential awkwardness by giving out his last name. Since confrontations with people who wanted to  steal his eyes, he had taken to simply calling himself by his first name before he got to know people. The one time that he broke his cover was when he used his Sharingan in battle, and that was pretty unavoidable. After all, if he was going to have to fight to protect himself for having something, he would bloody well use it.

"Nice to meet'cha Tet, I'm Oshiki... but you can call me Oshi, or Shi, or simply ki." Trying to find a way to dissuade this man's paranoia about being laughed at like that, he decided to say some lie about how he was not judging him by his clothes. Besides, he was only going to hit a stereotype for gay people if he admitted that he was looking at his clothes.
"Trust me, until you go around wearing bright orange, I'm not going to be surprised. My friend goes around wearing a porcelain mask at all times, despite that being more conspicuous than simply wearing different clothes than when on duty."

Additional Information:

As he expected, an eye went up when he mentioned his training as a monk. His attire really was out of the ordinary. And based on the subtle body language he gave off, he didn't seem to be overly fond of visiting monks, but that wasn't a problem; friends could be had from all walks of life, even if you didn't agree with each other's choices. He was fine with letting others live their lives, if they wanted to live according to the monk's way of live then they could ask.

It took the other man a moment to think, to collect his thoughts before he told his own tale of grief. He listened to the mourner's reason for coming today with an open ear, and after hearing the man's repeated loss, his own heart ache didn't seem so painful anymore. The freshness of his pains didn't measure up to the magnitude of the other man's. To lose so many of one's family over one's lifetime could cause a person to become angry and bitter at the world; especially at people who bear resemblance to the original perpetrators. Being consumed by rage and hatred was a horrible thing to have happen, you stop caring about your own safety and well being, and only about the downfall of the targets of your anger. Trying to help steer him away from an evil and hate fill course Tetsu told him. " Just remember that not all Kiri ninja are blood thirsty traitors. Some are just like you and me. Be careful of demonizing those who are innocent of wrong doing, it will only lead to more pain and suffering." He hoped that the man was of strong enough character to remain un-corrupted though the trials he faced. But he wasn't in the mood to try to further his crusade. Today was for making friends, not enemies.  

The selection of choices of names he was given revealed to him that the man was ok with his own personal image, and was un-phased by people having their own views of him; or he tried to bend to every one ell's view. A person's name could say much about them if they took it to heart, or rather least how attached to their name they were. He picked a name that he thought he would be able to remember since he like all of the ones given. " Oshi it is then! It was one that was fun to say in addition to being easy to remember.

He listened to the man's jest, and decided that he would make his own joke. " Really, orange? Do you think that would go well with my clothes? It would make me stand out more in a crowd a good deal more to be sure, and I do know some people that prefer to wear some interesting shades of pink." Unable to remain even half serious after saying that he started chuckling at the very idea.

Smiling, he motioned away from the monument. " Shall we give the honoured dead some reprieve from my whimsical ideas as we talk?"

word count:

Uchiha Oshiki

Uchiha Oshiki

D-rank
When the man answered, the first thing that he said was not to forget that Kiri ninjas were not all monsters like the people that had killed his family. He felt a stir of irritation when he discovered that that was the answer he got. Not that the man was sorry for his loss, not that he understood the pain, but actually criticizing him for the way that he might feel about Kiri ninja. This guy was making a judgement on him without even knowing him, that was stupid and rude and so damned wrong! Besides, he had never believed for a second that all Kirigakure ninjas were all guilty of the same wrong doing. He was of the Uchiha clan, he knew for a fact that tarring all people with the same paintbrush was wrong, he knew that people weren't guilty of the crimes that people in their village or their family had committed simply because they were either related or lived together. That being said, the man didn't know which clan he was from, so he would have had no way of knowing what he was saying and to who... although, admittedly, he was annoyed at the comment, the man probably thought that he was trying to help and to be comforting. it was not as comforting as the man clearly thought, rather it was the opposite. He didn't need his great words of wisdom right now, he needed to be able to deal with what was going on in his life. Still, he gave him a look that portrayed just how nonplussed he was with that little response, before explaining in detail his thought processes.

"Don't accuse me of things that you don't know about properly. I am from a clan that has been insulted and abused and thought of as monsters because of the fact that we come from a bad line of people. My great great great grand father tried to destroy the entire village that I now work for, and allied himself with one of the most corrupt and evil people in the history of the world. I am not him, no more than a Kirigakure ninja is the one who hurt my family simply because they live in the same village. I'm not going to go out and kill people simply because other people killed people, that's not how the world works...." he paused for a second, correcting himself. It was a sad thing to admit but that actually was how the world worked. the world seemed to love to put people on a pedestal and then push them off, simply because it could.

"... that IS how the world works, but it shouldn't be. that's why I'm going to become the hokage, I'm going to work and fight until I can become worthy of the title hokage, and then I'm going to change how the world works. I'm going to stop the dependence on violence and backstabbing to solve the worlds issues, I'm going to make sure that people are able to trust each other and that anyone who discriminates against another because of clan or village are dealt with swiftly. Death sentences only for those who can truly never reform themselves and would be a threat to the world left alive." he gave a softer look at the monk, adding "Whether or not you believe in the total sanctity of life, I have met people who were little more than threats to those who seek to live peacefully in this world, threats to the very humanity that you should be striving to try and protect. If you want to be able to protect the world and the people that you care about, you have to be willing to kill people that are unable to be reformed - Don't wage war because of a single man, you deal with it with words if you can, but if not singular and silent action, don't taken out an entire village because a single man pissed on your petunias."

Once that was said, he went back to the man talking about his outfit. He talked about the color pink, and suddenly all the seriousness was gone from Oshi's face, instead curling into a teasing smile the same way a big brother might give to a little brother, despite not knowing this man very well they seemed to get on pretty well despite their clear differences. It was this very reason that he was able to laugh with him mere seconds after being so deathly serious.
"There is absolutely nothing wrong with the color pink, to be able to embrace your masculinity you must first be able to embrace your femininity." he said, before sticking out his tongue playfully. Really, though, they were ninjas. They were supposed to be dedicated to the ancient art of stealth fighting, so why was it that they were running around in clothes that would make them stand out eveywhere. Some people would only not stand out in a circus ring, and those people somehow managed to be sneaky and stealthy. He would never understand how people seemed to be unable to deal with things like that. It was like walking around in high heels, it might be fun to do but it probably wasn't safe.

And, without answering the movement, he nodded. His hands moved to hold each other, slipping behind his back as if he was a monk himself, his position stiff and serious, despite the light and playful conversation they were having with one another.
"You know, I don't understand the importance that people put upon people after they're dead. With people like you and me, we mourn these people because we loved them in life and so will continue to do so after death. But I have seen people who have cursed and foamed at the mouth and sworn blind upon several different deities that they wish a certain person would fall down dead, then the moment they do they're instantly kissing the dead man's ass. If you're going to be a sycophant to them, do it whilst alive. If not, you're just praising a corpse, and that thought in of itself is pretty creepy."

Ninjutsu (D->C): 1654/3000

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.