You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bukitjutsu Blast [Open/Training/No Kill] Empty Bukitjutsu Blast [Open/Training/No Kill] Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:14 am

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Over the last few days Kenji had been burdened with the obligation of creating actual jutsus that utilized shuriken and kunai, items he always had on him yet he used them in such a limited way. Then he realized the most basic application of increasing his use with projectiles, chakra flow. Kenji indeed had a few chakra flow techniques but none quite did his arsenal justice the way he hoped and wanted. Also, there were many other techniques that were weapon related that he was planning on working on as well. Kenji was standing in the center of the battle palteau twirling his rusty katana that he unsheathed from his back and twirled it around. His reflective gloves bouncing light rays off them as he practiced his Kenjutsu technique. On his hip lied his most dangerous weapon, the Supa Hane katana. A katana that was meant to end fights quickly or at least facilitate a killing blow. He normally only drew the deadly blade to induce fear or to deflect something. However, Kenji was skilled enough with the weapon to manage the damage he intended to inflict, thus in the hands of Kenji it could be used safely to spar.

Kenji continued to slash and thrust at the air increasing the intesity of his strikes gradually. Kenji made sure to utilize momentum and changes in speed and direction. Those elements being essential to any self respecting swordsman. On the pouch around his waist was where his shuriken and kunai were. Kenji intended on replicating the premise of his "Chikara Clash" jutsu, and channel raiton or fuuton chakra through the projectiles, drastically increasing its piercing and cutting ability. However, he was hopeful that he would find a worthy sparring partner that would enable him to train more than one jutsu. Kenji had many new tricks in his arsenal that needed to be tuned, and there seemed to be no more perfect time than this to do it.

Training has been going well, but it will behoove me to not halt. The techniques I plan to incorporate into my fighting style are essential to executing my goal...

Kenji sat down on the ground of Battle Plateau and began to eat a granola bar as he waited for a possible challenger, Last week I ran into a good friend and engaged in a spar, unfortunately he was not able to keep up. It was a helpful spar, but I wasn't able to accomplish what I set out to due to the brevity of the match. Maybe, someone will arrive today that could provide more of a challenge.

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Bokuden felt the slow expansion of his chest as a stream of oxygen flooded through his nostrils and into his body with each breath he took. He sat in complete silence in the center of his home dojo, the orange and pink light of dawn peeking through the window and painting the room a myriad of colors through the shoji screen doors. The smell of morning dew and burning incense danced around in his olfactory, carried by the cool mountain breeze. He was perfectly still in his position, having spent years perfecting the art of achieving a calm and serenity that can only be achieved through meditation. This was his morning ritual and had been for as long as his memory could return. Meditation was required by the Ryuzoji clan and even if one felt no particular tie to the clan’s Shintoist roots the practice of meditation was not one to be taken lightly. Only through years of training and preparation could one achieve through meditation the state of mind and body that would allow a Ryuzoji to attain the ability to perceive the electricity- the signals of life- in their environment. Even after the years spent training to obtain that ability, years more must be spent to hone and master it, making meditation less of a means to and end for a Ryuzoji clansmen and more of a lifelong commitment.

Bokuden’s meditation was interrupted however, by a single, disturbing thought. This was it. This was all he’d been doing. This meditation, although an integral part of his training, had begun to bore him. Of late he had found himself tired of his routine. Perhaps he missed the excitement associated with trying something new or the adrenaline rush that coursed through his veins as he engaged in battle… no, what was inspiring this uneasy feeling inside him was the thought of plateauing. Could it be possible that since his promotion to jounin he had become complacent? Had he lost the motivation to strive to surpass his own expectations? Bokuden exhaled violently, opening his eyes and turning his head to the side as he forced the thought from his head. “Don’t be ridiculous,” he scolded himself in his own mind as he slammed his right fist down into the training mat below him, “That’s it, I need to switch things up.”

Some time later Bokuden found himself standing before the Battle Plateau. He pondered how long it had been since his last visit to this location as he made his way up to the main training area, “Too long. Too long entirely. Now to find a suitable opponent…” Bokuden’s eyes winced and his shoulders dropped as his scan of the area alerted him to the presence of one other person in the area… not just any person either, it was Kenji Chikara. Of all the people it could possibly have been of course it HAD to be him. He smirked as Kenji sat and began eating a granola bar in the middle of the platform and made his way over to his former squad mate’s  location. With a snarky tone Bokuden addressed kenji, resisting the urge to destroy the granola bar in his hand for old time’s sake, “It’s been five years and you’re still sitting around eating granola bars? Some things never change, huh?”

Training: 564

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
(OOC~ Let me know if it's an issue giving my character IC knowledge that you are a Jounin and that there are other shinobi(PCs) that are also from the Ryuzoji clan, if so I'll edit it. And Welcome back, Bok)

Kenji always welcomed the flavor of a well crafted granola bar. The cool setting invigorated him, and now after a warm up he was more ready than earlier to get some training done. Kenji always enjoyed the opportunity to hone his skills in combat through sparring, and hopefully a combatant would arrive that would enable Kenji to carry out his hobby.

As Kenji neared the end of his snack he heard a familiar voice aimed towards him, “It’s been five years and you’re still sitting around eating granola bars? Some things never change, huh?” It didn't take Kenji long to recognize who had made the sarcastice comment, there was only one guy Kenji knew of that would take such a tone with him so casually. "I knew it wouldn't be long before we met up again, Bokuden." Kenji thought as he finished his granola bar. He proceeded to dust off his blue sweat pants and stood up and faced Bokuden. Kenji stuffed the wrapper of the granola bar in his pocket. "If it isn't broke... your rise in the shinobi ranks haven't been quiet you know, congratualations on all the success, Jounin. There have also been many promising shinobi that have arose from your clan besides yourself. You must be proud?" Kenji said, trying to make small talk, but they both knew what was to come. They wouldn't remain cordial or at least Kenji hoped so, a fight was brewing. They were at the Battle Plateau after all. Kenji only aspired to delay the inevitable with polite conversation.  

Kenji lost control over his train of thought for a moment as the memories of their campaign as a squad and their frequent tirades against each other emerged. So many times Kenji's skin would boil as Bokuden fired jeer after jeer at him. However, Kenji despite his intermittent arrogance was not one to let his emotions go on a stampede so easily. Yes, they were kids then. Both men had seen much, accomplished even more probably, and overall had unfinished business. However, some things remained the same. Kenji still enjoyed a tasty snack, perferably a honey oat bar layered with the topping of his choice, and Bokuden still had what seemed to be an endless arsenal of sly comments mixed with his tone implying a subliminal insult. Regardless of how they changed, to Kenji there was still one thing he needed to settle. Throughout his time as a Genin and Chuunin he was often... showed up by Bokuden, and through skirmishes and separated feats, Bokuden was the better shinobi. Kenji's ego would win out of course, and he would relish a "friendly" spar with his "comrade". Kenji's full array of abilities weren't fully developed yet, but he would give Bokuden a glimpse of what he was capable of  physically, and in terms of chakra.  "Hmph, I wanted a challenge. Against Bokuden... I'll get a challenge... and then some."

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
(Yeah, it's cool with me. As long as these mystery PC's didn't give you information regarding my kkg, that is xD)

Kenji dusted off his pants as he raised himself up and turned to meet Bokuden, jamming a crumpled granola bar wrapper into his pant pocket. Bokuden couldn’t help but smirk at the site of Kenji’s sloppy behavior. It was just like old times. "If it isn't broke... your rise in the shinobi ranks haven't been quiet you know, congratulations on all the success, Jounin. There have also been many promising shinobi that have arose from your clan besides yourself. You must be proud?"

Bokuden narrowed his eyes at Kenji as his former squad mate began to speak, listening to his words despite the fact that both of them knew that their conversations tended to only end one way. “Thank you for the congratulations, but I don’t see why I would be proud of them. What they do is none of my concern,” he said before changing his tone to one with a bit more venom, “So are you just making small talk in hopes of stalling for a moment for you to flee? You always have been uniquely talented at running away. I’ll concede that to you, I will never be able to match your expertise in the field of cowardice. If you are going to leave you should go now… before some academy students come running around looking for a fight. I’d understand why you wouldn’t want to get embarrassed publicly like that, even if they are opponents more or less suitable for your current level of skill.”

As long as Bokuden has known Kenji, and in the shinobi world that was a long time, he knew all too well that Kenji was headstrong and let his ego get the best of him. If Bokuden was looking for an opponent all he would have to do was push the right buttons to get Kenji to succumb to his own foolhardiness; a simple task to say the least, he had been doing it for years. “I’m just looking out for what’s best for you, you know Kenji,” Bokuden continued in an obviously snarky manner, “It’s my responsibility as your superior to ensure your safety. I know how fragile you can be, both physically and mentally. I would be remiss to allow you to gallivant about on the Battle Plateau unsupervised. This is a place for warriors after all. The last thing we need is a warrior to come around and confuse you for one of his own. The results would be quite unpleasant for you, as I’m sure you know.”

Calling him a coward? Check. Insulting his skill? Check. Outright calling him inferior, infantilizing him, and questioning his pride as a warrior? Check, check, check. Even if years of this kind of relationship had made Kenji somewhat accustomed to this kind of teasing, that should be enough to goad him into a fight. If that didn’t work, nothing would. “I’ll just go and sit over in the bleachers to keep an eye on you until you are done playing,” Bokuden said as he began stepping backwards, all the while facing Kenji with a sarcastic grin. Now all he had to do was wait.

Training: 1101

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
(XD)

“So are you just making small talk in hopes of stalling for a moment for you to flee? You always have been uniquely talented at running away. I’ll concede that to you, I will never be able to match your expertise in the field of cowardice. If you are going to leave you should go now… before some academy students come running around looking for a fight. I’d understand why you wouldn’t want to get embarrassed publicly like that, even if they are opponents more or less suitable for your current level of skill.”

Kenji smiled, it was quite nostalgic to hear Bokuden's comments. Kenji allowed him to go on with his snarky comments displaying no emotion as he spoke. Kenji wanted to fight Bokuden, his taunts would neither increase nor decrease his desire. While Bokuden taunted, Kenji was formulating a plan that would give him the best chance at winning. The main reason for Kenji’s downfall against Bokuden in the past was… impatience. Kenji thrived on action, but it didn’t always provide the most effective result. As a youth he favored close range combat and fast paced battle, now he prefers mid range and strategy. Therefore, he decided to take some time to mull over what he already knew, to hypothesize, and to generate an initial strategy for the fight.

There are three things I need to worry about. First is his sensory ability. Every since our first meeting he has displayed an acute sensory jutsu that is still predominantly foreign to me. But I’ve made progress in the mechanism behind his jutsu. I came to this deduction soon after our campaign as a squad. Bokuden and every other Ryuzoji have shown great proficiency in raiton. Leading me to believe that his sensory ability is strongly linked with his skill in raiton, anyway the point is it’s not completely physiological; it requires chakra. Therefore, it can be disrupted, but how… Also, it has a range but I don’t what it is. I might not have time to test out the parameters of his sensing jutsu… The fight against the swordsman Binsu, that raiton jutsu he got hit with. Afterwards Binsu trapped him in a dome made of doton, the paralysis would’ve only lasted for a while, so with Bokuden’s skill in raiton an element particularly strong against doton, why wasn’t he able to escape? The raiton jutsu must’ve had a greater effect on him; I was so foolish, as a child for not noticing it sooner. So his greatest strength is also his greatest weakness, the irony.

Second is his close range skill. His skill in close seems to go well with his sensory ability. 5 years ago he was the superior swordsman and during my time honing my Genjutsu and other skills I haven’t improved much in the area, so he still is the superior swordsman. That being said a close range fight is not in my favor.

Lastly the pesky hidden mist jutsu, I’ve witnessed him use this jutsu during our dangerous mission against the vast army that threatened our village’s borders. The jutsu is especially useful in his hands since he has his sharp sensing ability that can act as substitutes for his eyes, allowing him to get in close and hammer away without the enemy seeing him. I’ve also seen Nagare-sensei use the Hidden Mist jutsu, and he too possesses a sensory ability. Bokuden also has another jutsu that impairs the vision, a raiton jutsu he used against me and against Binsu. There is a brief indication, so as long as I recognize the jutsu and don’t look into the flash I won’t be affected.  

That’s really just the tip of the ice berg. Even with his skill in close he is not without a mid range arsenal, that day with the girl Misoka, that he seemed to like quite a lot, when I was about to eat a granola bar he shot the bar shattering it with a bullet made out of electricity. Also, during one of our fights he released a wave of electricity from his hands. The hidden mist is also a suiton jutsu so it’s safe to assume he has other suiton jutsu and his raiton jutsu have probably increased in strength over the course of 5 years. Basically, I need to keep a distance between me and him, be weary of the hidden mist jutsu, be aware that he will be aware of my position for at least 80% of the fight making it extremely difficult to land a direct hit with physical attacks, and finally keep my guard up and be ready for anything as his strength overall has surely grown and I have to take that into account.

It took Kenji no more than 20 seconds to make this analysis, but to a guy as perceptive as Bokuden it was probably obvious to him that Kenji was analyzing Bokuden by reviewing what he knew from past events and at the same time formulating some strategy.There was obviously a tactic or jutsu Kenji could go with that would negate Bokuden’s sensing and reaction time advantage, but he dreaded using that particular jutsu. He considered it his ultimate jutsu at this point. However, against an opponent of Bokuden’s caliber it was highly probable that he would indeed be forced to use it.    
Bokuden was finally done taunting, Kenji forced a smile on his face and walked towards the back pedaling Bokuden. Kenji was now about 12-14 meters from Bokuden. As he moved within range he initiated his new Genjutsu, "Phantom Zone". He manifested a pushing sensation in the center of Bokuden's back. If Bokuden turned around or averted his attention for a split second to address the mysterious force he would deftly draw two shuriken and launch them at the unsuspecting Bokuden. Even if he didn't succeed in distracting him, Kenji would still lauch two shuriken regardless and begin preparations for his next move... "I know I said it would be imprudent to get in close, but I will have to eventually if I want to defeat him. I think I have just the technique in close to do just that."

260/270"; Trained Phantom Zone:

1992/875: Trained Phatom Zone

~1117: Training

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
The smile on Kenji’s face as Bokuden taunted him was a welcome sight. That smirk alone let him know that words would no longer be necessary, both of them knew exactly what was coming once the final sentence ended. There was however, quite an elongated break in both action and conversation between them as Kenji stood in silence with no reaction towards Bokuden’s words. “What? Is he lost in thought?” Bokuden mused to himself as he stared down his immobile opponent, “A lesser man than I would see this as an opportunity. Lowering your defenses and thinking your opponent is just going to allow you to formulate a strategy… he really hasn’t changed.” The thought amused Bokuden who couldn’t help but let out a single huff as he decided to sit back and await Kenji’s first move, “But I’ll let him get away with it. I’m curious as to what he has in store for me after all this time.”

“He really never changes, huh?” Bokuden thought to himself as Kenji  made his opening move: a brisk walk towards Bokuden’s direction, “If he thinks he can still fight in close against me he must have forgotten who  I am.” Kenji’s action prompted Bokuden to immediately take action by activating his Current Perception: Close Combat Range to get a read on Kenji’s movements, “I’m expecting a challenge, Kenji. Don’t disappoint me.” Bokuden planted his feet and stood his ground as Kenji drew in closer, preparing himself for some manner of charge that Kenji had always been so fond of. Once Kenji had closed enough ground to be within mid-range fighting distance however, Bokuden felt a distinct forward push against the center of his back, akin to a shove from another person. In the stance he had taken in preparation for a charge the force was not enough to throw Bokuden off balance, but it force him to turn his body to the side in order to throw a quick glance in that direction out of instinct. “Nothing?” Bokuden snarled in his thoughts as there was nothing behind him to have caused that shove. It wasn’t a surprise that no one was there, he would have sensed another person that had entered his sensory range, but something like that could not have just been ignored. He definitely felt something, he just couldn’t identify who or what it was.

As Bokuden turned what his Current Perception did pick up however, was a sudden and very distinct motion command in Kenji’s body, one that Bokuden had seen hundreds of times in his career as his shinobi: a throw, and from the distinct arm motion signal that accompanied that nerve impulse it was likely a shuriken. There were several things going through his mind, but all of them had to be put on hold while he dealt with the imminent threat of whatever Kenji had thrown his way. Placing his right hand on the hilt of his chokuto Bokuden immediately went into a spin from his draw, turning his body all the way back around to face Kenji as he begun to rapidly twirl his sword to create an impromptu shield which would extend the entire length of the sword. Definitely a useful trick he picked up to counter small projectiles, especially since he had no way of determining the exact location of the kunai without having seen the throw. He could however use the throwing motion to approximate the path that a normal projectile would follow and use his spinning sword to deflect them away.

“Clank Clank,” Sounded the two shuriken as they were deflected by the rotating blade of Bokuden’s chokuto as he turned to face Kenji once again. “Was that one of his genjutsu?” he thought as the projectiles flew off in two different directions, impaling themselves into the ground they landed on, “So he has learned some new tricks after all. But he’s still using the same old tactics, feints and diversions… which means that he has something else planned as well. This could be even more interesting than I thought.” As soon as the threat of the projectiles was dealt with Bokuden would sheath his spinning weapon in a single motion and focus his gaze on Kenji as he awaited the next move.

Word Count: 1832

Chakra: 290/300:

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Okay, that was near the maximum of my offensive range. His sensing ability appears to stretch to or beyond 15 meters, it's safe to presume. His attention was obviously drawn away due to the Genjtusu but he was still able but he was still able to react. Hmm, I could attack from a greater distance, but  I'm not a real threat beyond 15 meters, but it will help for future reference to know the range of his jutsu as I can plan later. Therefore, I’ll need to at some point attack from a greater range. For now, I need to test out the raiton weakness theory. I need to get in close. Like I said earlier close range combat is nearly unavoidable, so I might as well try my next hand now. Not only do I need to test out his abilities, but I need to do it in the most efficient of ways. However, that is going to be difficult seeing as Bokuden undoubtedly has the same thing in mind. He's still as patient as ever and always content on his opponents attacking first and showing their hand.

Kenji thought as the shuriken he flicked in Bokuden's direction were smacked away by his katana, a fine instrument to say the least. Bokuden used a twirling motion that in addition to defending him against the shuriken. It was glaringly obvious that his old tactics of diversions were still futile thanks to his opponent's acute senses. A swirling breeze stirred up causing Kenji's teal hair to whip fluently. Kenji looked ahead at Bokuden who was patiently waiting for Kenji to strike again, and he would cooperate.

Bokuden now had his katana sheathed waiting it seemed for Kenji to make his next move. The Genjutsu Kenji was using was still active and he had yet to fully utilize the Genjutsu's ability. He had only created one sensation when he is capable of creating multiple sensations in various areas. Kenji had in mind one more diversionary tactic but he didn't want to use it yet, the time had not come. The fight had just begun after all, and he was in no rush. A run in with Bokuden has been in the making for five years. Kenji had not expected to meet Bokuden here; he was hoping for a lesser opponent to be honest, there was no point in lying to himself. A fight with Bokuden was a hefty challenge, now that Kenji was in it, he welcomed it of course, but to say this situation was ideal would be a bit much. The positive was that he could use the fight to improve his chances in the future and become a stronger shinobi in general. A scout so to speak, the question was would Kenji be able to keep his emotions in check and not get too excited. Kenji tailored his arsenal more or less to defeat Bokuden, which was only natural since Kenji viewed Bokuden as his rival. He had many developmental jutsu that were not quite ready that he had in stock just for his current opponent, making this fight more of a preview of what was to come.

Kenji sprinted straight ahead (S rank speed) darting right at Bokuden with his Hane drawn while simultaneously causing poking sensations randomly across Bokuden's face and his arms. Even though he would be aware of his movements he wouldn’t be able to disregard the nuisance of being constantly poked in the face and arms by a phantom assailant. Kenji was no Bokuden when it came to Kenjutsu, but he was definitely skilled, an elite Bukitjutsu practitioner in his own right who trained in the art for the majority of his life. With his Hane drawn moving at Sanin level speed, he initiated a Battojutsu style assault reigning down a flurry (~9 strikes) of controlled fluent slashes. If Bokuden attempted to block the flurry as opposed to dodging he would instantly channel raiton chakra as the blade closed in to clash with the opposing blade. If the jutsu was a success he would continue the flurry on the stunned opponent (inflicting 2 inch deep flesh ripping lacerations across both arms and torso). Since Kenji was moving under the guise of his Genjutsu, moving at spectacular speed (S rank), and the fact that he would channel the raiton through the katana at the last second (if Bokuden attempts to block), he was confident that his opponent would be compelled to block the strikes as opposed to dodging, given the number of strikes, the speed, and the peskiness of the Genjutsu. His jutsu Chikara Clash was intended to disarm enemies and discourage close range combat since his opponents would not know when he could initiate the jutsu. If Bokuden succeeded in blocking one of Kenji’s strikes, the electricity would transfer into his blade and travel up to the hands of the wielder almost instantly; electrocuting him as well as possibly disarming him. The nature of Kenji’s jutsu was also likely to be unknown to Bokuden. Kenji assumed he would view the initial channeling of the chakra as a basic augmenting chakra flow technique, if he assumed anything at all given the suddenness of the prospective attack, when in actuality it was much more. This jutsu was tailored to deter opponents who favored close range combat from engaging in close range combat. As at anytime they could be hit by this sudden jutsu.

However, Kenji was apprehensive about using Chikara Clash so soon. Even if it doesn’t work it will definitely make Bokuden think twice before engaging in close range combat, as he will from this point on be weary of other possible chakra flow/Bukitjutsu moves. Also, the possible rewards are irresistible. Not only would I have succeeded in inflicting electric burns, possible disarming, but ultimately, it could give further insight to his sensing jutsu, which his combat style seems to revolve around as well as he’s very dependent on it. And of course the obvious, if it worked Bokuden would have to be extremely cautious when in close range Bukitjutsu exchanges.

There was also the possibility that Bokuden would leap or move (dodge) out of the way; Kenji doubted he would since he was the superior close range fighter, so Kenji expected him to welcome a close distance exchange. From Bokuden’s perspective it was likely to appear that Kenji was back to his old foolish self, rushing in head on. His old foolish ways might have indeed been a good thing. If he did dodge/leap, Kenji would use his sheer speed (S rank) to continue the flurry and if at any point Bokuden positioned his weapon to block or appeared to not attempt a dodge he would initiate the jutsu. This level of Chikara Clash (B rank) was by no means a fatal technique, but it would do the job in terms of obtaining some early momentum as well as acting as a diagnostic device.

IF USED~ 240/270:

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
A brief break in action was once again present as the two combatants sized their opponent up. There was once a point where the two of them were perhaps more familiar with each other’s combat styles than any other person in the village, but it would be foolish for either party to assume that either of them remained the same. “Has it really been five years?” Bokuden thought to himself as he stood face to face with his old squad mate. He and Kenji had always had an uneasy relationship. It was true that they ended up on the same squad, but it wasn’t like they were old Academy classmates who were assigned together. They had known each other before the squad, but almost solely because they had met several times before throughout the village… every encounter leading to violence of some kind. Truth be told, Bokuden was probably more worked up than he should have been to get into another fight with Kenji after all this time. In their occupation five years was a lifetime. As much as Bokuden had advanced personally in that time, he fully expected Kenji to have grown and learned new jutsu as well. Not that it would really matter to Bokuden, his ego would never allow him to even seriously consider the possibility that Kenji might have caught up to him, but still, he couldn’t help but feel a rush of anticipation as he awaited Kenji’s next move. The fact that Kenji had opened up with a tactic so unmistakably recognizable as his style brought Bokuden a measure of calm, at least momentarily before his curiosity once again began to take hold. He was unsure if Kenji was just playing with him, knowing full well that his old tactics that didn’t work as a genin would not work now or if Kenji had felt that he had grown so much more powerful that he could overtake Bokuden. The latter would be nothing more than a foolish pipe dream, but the former… Bokuden did not like surprises.

The silence was broken as Kenji dashed forward, sword in hand and ready to strike. “He’s gotten faster,” Bokuden mused to himself, showing a confident smirk as Kenji rapidly closed the distance between them. The speed was impressive, that much Bokuden could not even deny, but it still wouldn’t be enough to outmaneuver him. The constant poking and prodding by whatever jutsu Bokuden assumed Kenji had active was an annoyance, but not something that could not be overcome with sheer willpower and discipline. He could only assume it was a genjutsu from what limited information he had of the situation at hand. He was well aware that Kenji specialized in genjutsu and favored using them as set ups for him to finish an opponent off in close range. There was no trigger that he could discern to signal that it may have been a genjutsu, but that was an inaccurate way to judge genjutsu as there could have been any number of instances where the jutsu could have been activated. For all Bokuden knew he could have been trapped in a genjutsu since he first arrived on the Battle Plateau. What he did know is that he could discern Kenji’s location even if he was trapped in a genjutsu, which meant that what he saw in front of him was real and that there were no other electrical signals present which meant that whatever was causing the annoying poking and shoving sensations was not a person nor any other living thing. With that information in mind Bokuden addressed Kenji’s imminent approach by stepping back with his left foot and bending his knees slightly, holding his sword slightly out in front and to his left in preparation to perform a quick draw in his iaijutsu style in response to Kenji’s attack.

Bokuden’s chokuto clicked open as he took a single step forward to meet Kenji mid stride as he executed whatever sword attack he was planning. As the two shinobi lunged towards each other a distinct electrical charge emerged from Kenji’s sword, the ration chakra signaling to Bokuden’s current perception as clearly as a lighthouse’s beacon cutting through a heavy fog. Bokuden let out an amused huff as a smirk formed across his face in reaction to Kenji attempting to use a ration chakra flow technique against him. “What a coincidence,” he thought as he began channeling his own ration chakra into his Suikko-tenno, “I guess he’ll be the first one I get to try out my new jutsu on.” The moment that the last inch of Bokuden’s chokuto slid out from its sheath the already glowing blue blade erupted into a bright blue light as his Vajra had become active. In one drawing slash Bokuden swung his Suikko-tenno at Kenji’s katana, cutting cleanly through the blade barely an inch from the guard, leaving Kenji holding nothing but the handle of what used to be a sword. The severed blade spun and flew away from the two shinobi after it was cut, impaling itself into the ground where it landed. He stopped his arm out in front of him in order to prevent cutting Kenji, pointing the glowing blade towards his opponent’s direction. Even Kenji would know to either force himself to stop or try to redirect himself to avoid running into Bokuden’s Vajra, although with such a short distance and his momentum carrying him towards Bokuden it would have taken some effort. Kenji should have been able to pull it off though, especially once he felt the searing heat emanating from Bokuden’s blade.

Training Vajra 2000/2000
Training: 789

Chakra 255/300:

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
As Kenji glided across the surface blazing towards his target, he could tell that Bokuden was completely unaffected by the pesky jutsu, he made it all too obvious. However, Kenji was overconfident in his speed and the timing of the prospective attack, so he continued on towards a braced opponent. Kenji's eyes lit up slightly as he witnessed Bokuden going for a draw of his weapon, Let's see you react to this. Bokuden unsheathed his sword and lunged forward meeting Kenji in stride. Kenji's katana was now closing in with the opposition so he began to channel raiton chakra through his blade. Almost immediately after channeling raiton through his blade an enormous amount of heat began to generate from his opponent's weapon giving off a blue glow, So he was planning a chakra flow jutsu as well... Just after those thoughts his Supa Hane Katana was cut through as if the blade was made of butter as opposed to high quality steel.

The most daunting part of the jutsu was the heat, he couldn't completely discern the element behind the jutsu but he assumed it was raiton due to Bokuden's background. The blade of the weapon was pointed towards Kenji after it finished destroying his weapon and with Kenji's momentum going forward he had no choice but to leap straight up and over Bokuden, landing about 10 meters behind him in a mere second.

Kenji didn't have much time to think, he needed to act quickly. There was going to be no chance for him to land a raition jutsu on Bokuden now, his only raiton jutsu was close range, so that chance was gone now. Standing 10 meters away from Bokuden Kenji made the rat hand seal initiating another Genjutsu. After the Genjutsu was activated, Kenji maneuvered back even further to about 25 meters as the Genjutsu began. Upon reaching 25 meters Kenji would use the diversionary show phase of the Genjutsu to launch three kunai, two aimed at the legs and the other aimed at the chest, due to Kenji's training in Kyujutsu the precision of his projectiles from this range was sure to be exact. 15 meters didn't work, how about 25 meters. The diversion aspect of the Genjutsu should mask the impeding projectiles allowing me to deduce his sensing range even further.

Kenji was ok as of right now about losing his Hane, against Bokuden the only weapon that could ever pose a threat would be one of long range, such as a crossbow. So yeah, he loved his Supa Hane Katana but in this fight it wasn't going to be a deciding factor, it most likely wasn't going to be a factor at all. While his current Genjutsu plagued Bokuden along wtih the projectiles, Kenji began prepping his chakra to a fine substance garnering complete control, he was now forced to stay still as he would need perfect chakra control. Kenji was standing completely still with his eyes watching the unfolding events. Also, the Genjutsu Narakumi was just getting started. The measly kunai were only a test of Bokuden's sensing range and would not disrupt the Genjutsu, the next phase would be the most startling of the Genjutsu as it would dig deep into Bokuden's mind uprooting his worst fear. In that moment, if all things went accordingly, would be where Kenji fully exploited the Genjutsu, and his other technique was waiting in the wings ready to turn this fight into a virtual horror show.

230/270:

*1 post prep for Mirror Dome
Hasn't been activated yet.:

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Bokuden’s eyes followed Kenji as he leapt over him to avoid running right into the glowing edge of his Vajra, prompting him to turn his body to keep track of his opponent. “Still quick on his feet I see,” Bokuden thought to himself as he readjusted himself to face Kenji’s new position, holding his glowing blade pointed away from himself and lowered at his side as he awaited his opponent’s next move. Taking not of the rat hand seal being formed Bokuden raised an eyebrow and raised his weapon in preparation to launch a counterattack to whatever Kenji was planning. Suddenly however, the area around him began to swirl around in a cyclone like formation, causing Bokuden to halt his advance in order to analyze the situation. The prior hand sign, the behavior of the dirt around him, and the fact that Kenji had never once in five years shown any proficiency for ninjutsu whatsoever led Bokuden to come to the conclusion that this had to be another one of his illusions. Bokuden was only put on alert further when he sensed Kenji’s presence leap back and out of his Close Combat Range’s sensory field.

In response to this he lunged forward at full speed in the direction Kenji had jumped back in, cutting right through the swirling tornado of dirt that had kicked up and getting Kenji back within range. As he approached Kenji’s position an unsettling sight came into his field of vision. “What is this!?” he exclaimed in his own mind as his eyes widened and his jaws clinched shut at the sight of his sister hobbling towards him, a spear impaled through her back and blood running down from her mouth. “Why nii-chan? You said that you’d protect us. Why weren’t you there?” Blood gushed down from her lips as Bokuden continued his charge forward, unsure of how he could possibly answer that question. His attention immediate shifted away from the vision before him and back onto Kenji as he sensed the same manner of throwing motion that he had earlier. “No. This isn’t real,” he thought to himself as anger welled up inside of him, “This is an illusion, my Current Perception never lies to me.”

Bokuden swung his sword angrily, bisecting the image of his sister before him with a furious grunt and then immediately darted off to the side to get out of the way of whatever was thrown his way. He then drew out two shuriken which were tied together with a ten foot length of wire and threw it chest high at the location where Kenji was standing. It was a regular tactic for Bokuden. The shuriken themselves would not actually be aimed at his opponent, but rather they would diverge during flight and both of them would fly past each side of the target. The real trap was the nearly invisible, razor thin wire that hung between them.  Lulled into a false sense of security while under the impression that his throw was off target, opponents would often not even bother attempting to dodge and would get caught in the wire with their body stopping the wire where it hit. This would cause the shuriken to be forced to swing back around an opponent, wrapping around their body and arms over and over until the two shuriken impaled themselves in the target’s body.  Even if the opponent’s eyesight was keen enough to point out the wire in flight, moving in either direction would just force them into the shuriken, leaving them with the options of either jumping to avoid damage completely or going underground. Unless Kenji had picked up some doton ninjutsu over the last five years the latter option was off the table, so in the off chance that he saw the trap and leapt up to avoid it Bokuden would charge forward and meet him mid-air where he could no longer try to maneuver his way out of a hit, aiming to use his Vajra to cut Kenji in half.

Training: 1474

Chakra: 245/300

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
It seems Narakumi did its job. The jutsu was meant to stall for time as Kenji attempted to further analyze his sensing range, that portion failed. However, the other portion was to give him time to prepare his jutsu. As Bokuden charged straight ahead like bull as he saw visions of his worst fear, Kenji was priming his chakra. It’s ready, now it’s time for the next phase. He looked into Bokuden’s eyes as he flung two shuriken that flew wide of him, A diversion, if the shuriken aren’t meant to hit me, then what is? As the two shuriken approached him wide, he stared intently into Bokuden’s eyes and shouted “MIRROR DOME!” Simultaneously as he shouted the words, regardless if it succeeded, his form was changing, his skin pigment turning a light blue. His hair grew in length and became wild, and finally his canine teeth and his nails grew in length. He began to draw his rusty katana from his back, pointing it down, and as soon as he felt a substance similar to wire touch his body he released a massive amount of fuuton infused Senjutsu chakra from his katana, catapulting himself up away (to Kenji’s right/Bokuden’s left). He was blasted away 25 meters, reaching his mid-air destination in 1/3rd of a second. He arrived 25 meters away about 6 meters off the ground, he landed softly.

If the 25 meters remained he would extend his left hand towards Bokuden, if he looked at the surface of his glove he would be caught in yet another Genjutsu. If for some reason Bokuden tried to run away with there already being 25 meters between them, he would sustain the distance and continue to try and execute the Genjutsu. If he ran towards Kenji, he would allow him to close the distance while he kept his glove in front of him drawing Bokuden’s eyes to it. Then once the Genjutsu was complete he would leap back to his 25-30 meter distance and sustain it by any means (by backing up or moving forward). Kenji knew his eyes would be drawn to him regardless giving the spectacle Kenji put on by escaping a near attack with such startling speed, not to mention his minor physical transformation. So as soon as his eyes drifted to him and he looked at the glove Kenji was extending in front of his face, the Genjutsu would begin. However, this Genjutsu was extremely subtle due to the versatility and control Kenji wields it with, and if Mirror Dome was successful, that would only strengthen his grip on Bokuden. All that was needed during the time he called out Mirror Dome was eye contact, and Bokuden was charging right at him. If it succeeded, by this time Bokuden would be feeling the effects of it as his mental energy wore down, slightly breaking down his psyche.

Kenji would keep the distance of 25-30 meters if Ultimate Deception succeeded, by either moving forward or backwards. Then, his next move would be to cast the reflection behind Bokuden, in his blind spot (about 15 meters). Kenji will then launch 5 shuriken, all for the torso and leg area (these shuriken coming from the real Kenji are not visible). Since the reflection does the same thing, fake shuriken will be coming from behind Bokuden as well. Because the reflection is closer to Bokuden (15 meters<25 meters) the shadow shuriken will arrive first simply going through Bokuden’s body, this will obviously cause confusion as watching shuriken fly through your body from behind has to be bizarre. This split second of confusion is when the real shuriken are closing in on their mark, approximately a few feet away. Also, if Bokuden attempts to leave the 25-30 meter range, Kenji will sustain the distance, most likely by casting reflections all over the place as the real one maintains perfect distance. Then once the distance is sustained he will initiate the move stated above. Earlier, given Bokuden’s eagerness to charge Kenji, he knows that 25 meters is his maximum sensing range. So as long as Kenji stays within 25-30 meters, Bokuden won’t even know which direction to head in to find him.

145/270:

Trained Pouncing Lion:3572/1875
Training: 1697

Last edited by Kenji Chikara on Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:10 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Deleted last paragraph, don't know how that got in there. XD)

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
As his wire connected shuriken flew towards their target Bokuden prepared to either strike the restrained Kenji down or meet him mid-air should he manage to see through the trap and jump up. Kenji called out the words “Mirror Dome” while looking into Bokuden’s eyes, an unsettling phrase to say the least. It wasn’t hard to figure out what was coming next, it was just a matter of identifying whatever jutsu he intended on activating. It would obviously have something to do with the large dome-like structure that appeared around them. As Bokuden dashed forward his eyes widened at the sight of Kenji undergoing some kind of transformation. His skin tone changed, becoming a grey-blue , as his hair grew into a long and wild mane and his teeth and nails extended and grew into sharp fangs and claws. “What the hell is going on here?” Bokuden thought to himself, narrowing his eyes as he analyzed this new twist in their fight, “That can’t be…” To put a damper on his plans further, Bokuden saw Kenji launch skyward and away from his shuriken wire trap and out of Bokuden’s sensory range. “Until I can analyze this transformation jutsu further it is probably wise to play it safe for a bit,” Bokuden mused to himself as he looked back curiously at the dome of light that had appeared  behind him as Kenji blasted away, “I should stay within range of my Current Perception, but I’d rather get out of the range of this dome. And with a name like Mirror Dome I’m going to go ahead and not allow myself to be caught in one of his genjutsu.” Bokuden had deactivated his Vajra and sheathed his sword immediately once Kenji had exited a range in which it could be used. He then activated his Current Perception Combat Range in order to keep track of Kenji at long range as he closed his eyes and performed his Raiton: Blind Faith technique, creating a flash of light that would eliminate all vision in the area, a luxury that his Current Perception made unnecessary.

Bokuden would then make his move under the cover of the light that now enveloped the field, leaping back and out of the dome. His Current Perception: Combat Range gave him the information advantage in the fight as he was perfectly capable of keeping constant track of Kenji’s location without his sight, a luxury he doubted Kenji had access to. Once Bokuden was confident that he had exited the dome he proceeded to weave the necessary hand signs to perform his Water Clone jutsu, creating two clones in front of him. He reached down to his belt and handed each a fuma shuriken from behind their backs, which they quickly began rotating quickly in their hands, resembling a buzz saw. Using his Current Perception to guide his clones to Kenji’s location, Bokuden send them dashing forward at full speed armed with their rotating fuma shuriken which they would aim to drive into Kenji’s chest from opposite directions .

Word Count: 1992

Chakr: 168/300:

(OOC: Bro, don't try to pull off combos with three different giveaways against an opponent who knows you love to use genjutsu xD)

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Bokuden quickly left the range of Kenji's Mirror Dome. Kenji stood there looking at Bokuden with his hands extended attempting his Genjutsu, but Bokuden was out of range now and his eyes were not currently drawn to him. Bokuden then followed it up by clapping his hands together emitting a bright flash, "Not this again." Kenji had seen the same actions before, the closing of the eyes and the initiation of a clap. Kenji quickly averted his eyes away as the blinding raiton chakra was released. A flicker of it was still observable from his peripheral vision, but it didn't affect him as it did in the past. "So he was planning to launch an attack using my blindless as cover" Kenji quickly squinted his eyes and began to stumble in order to give Bokuden the impression that he was affected. Bokuden wouldn't know that he had avoided the jutsu since his eyes were closed. Kenji then witnessed Bokuden create two clones.

He handed each clone a fuma shuriken, and ordered them to charge Kenji. As Kenji continued his rendition of being blinded, he drew a single kunai holding it in his right hand, shaking like a leaf keeping up the blind act. As the two clones reached their destination and attempted to plunge the fuma shuriken into him, he let them. He promptly timed his academy jutsu, substituting out with a medium sized rock, about the size of a basketball. As he moved only 15 meters to Bokuden's left in a fraction of a second thanks to his substitution, he immediately channeld a stream of high frecquency raiton emitting a high pitch sound. Anyone within earshot and 50 meters would soon fall victim to an intolerable ringing that will leave them effectively deaf. Kenji watched on to see the actions of Bokuden, it would've been too late for him to stop the channeling of raiton initiating the Genjutsu but what he would do next would be interesting. "Sent your clones to do the work you're too scared to do huh? Is it my new look? Don't worry these teeth aren't as sharp as they look" Kenji said tauntingly as he grinned showing his pearly canines. Even though he taunted he was still alert and ready for a strike from his opponent.

125/270" -10 for sage mode:

Training Grip of the Steel Spirit: 2087/3125

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
“You’ve got to be fucking kidding me,” Bokuden thought to himself as the image of what he thought was Kenji popped into a cloud of smoke and a loud clank could be heard from the water clones’ shuriken hitting a rock that Kenji had used as a substitute, “Well, at least I’ve forced him to show his hand.” Bokuden could easily sense the position Kenji had moved to during the switch and looked over in that direction from the corner of his eye, preparing to make his next move…or at least he was until he was damn near brought to his knees by an ear splitting sound which he could only assume was Kenji’s doing. The pain caused by the shrieking sound forced Bokuden to attempt to cover his ears with his hands, although it proved futile, and his water clones were suffering the same fate. This sound was putting enormous strain on his physical sense. His sense of sound was obviously out of the question, and his senses of sight and smell were hampered by the fact that he could barely concentrate. His kekkei genkai however, was functional whether he had access to his other senses or not.

Since Kenji was now well within range of his Current Perception Bokuden was more than capable of keeping track of his location, even while dealing with the ear splitting pain. Since Kenji was in close range, Bokuden was also able to switch over to his Close Combat Range in order to enhance his perceptive abilities. If Kenji was truly the source of this sound then he would have to be dealt with immediately. Mustering all of the willpower he could Bokuden prompted both himself and his clones into action. In one swift motion Bokuden would point a single arm out in Kenji’s direction, making his fingers into a shape mimicking a gun, and fire off every round of his shock bullets in rapid succession, using his ability to read his opponent’s movements to make sure that his bullets were being aimed at Kenji wherever he went. Even with the speed of his jutsu Bokuden fully expected Kenji to try and use his speed to dodge it. While Kenji was busy dodging Shock Bullets Bokuden would have his clones come around and close in on Kenji from opposing angles.

Just as the last Shock Bullet would be fired the first clone would throw its fuma shuriken at Kenji, in response to which Bokuden would immediately activate his Shuriken Shadow Clone Jutsu, creating a nearly inescapable storm of fuma shuriken flying down at max speed from Kenji’s blind spot. Knowing that Kenji had just expended his Substitution jutsu for the time being, Bokuden knew that there would be no better opportunity to finish this fight off than right now. Even if Kenji somehow managed to avoid the Shock bullets and the storm of fuma shuriken coming from his blind spot, his movements would be met with the second water clone moving to impale his fuma shuriken into Kenji’s back while he was distracted. Should that attempt fail, the clone that had previously thrown its fuma shuriken would have moved into position to back up the other clone and trap Kenji in a Water Prison.

Trained Shadow Shuriken Jutsu: 2000/2000
Training: 541

Chakra 123/300:

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji looked on as Bokuden struggled to endure the Genjutsu. Out of his disoriented state Bokuden raised his hand towards Kenji firing a several electrical bullets aimed at various positions. Kenji gritted his teeth as he maintained his Genjutsu and executed a series of acrobatic maneuvers to smoothly avoid the shock bullets while expending little effort. Kenji also drew his katana to slap away several of the shock bullets as well. As he dealt with the last one, he sensed a massive disturbance in the environment, resembling several rapidly spinning projectiles. Because of Kenji's senses he was able to turn around slightly as the attack made its way. It might have been better for Kenji if he didn't look.

Kenji gulped as he looked at the shadow shuriken jutsu, with fuuma shuriken. Kenji had only heard stories of the famous jutsu. "He was waiting for me to use the substitution so I wouldn't have a means to escape. His timing as always... is frightening." Kenji with his rusty katana in his left hand he dug his feet into the ground. "I have to try this jutsu." Kenji maintained his Genjutsu by steadily applying ration chakra to the kunai in his right. As he watched the shuriken close in, he also saw that the other clone was close by, probably looking to initiate a follow up attack. "Alright, with this new jutsu, if it successfully defends me against the fuuma shuriken, it will deflect them. Given the mass of projectiles, a considerable amount will likely be sent right back at them. That should at least make it highly difficult for that second clone to initiate whatever he's trying. Also, depending on the strength of the planned follow up attack, my cocoon might be able to withstand it along with the mass of fuuma shuriken" Time was up, he had to begin the jutsu. Kenji began to spin rapidly as he simultaneously channeled fuuton chakra through his katana. A cocoon of wind chakra enveloped him, using his blade as the source of the repulsion/deflection force. Also, because of threat of a second following strike Kenji would hold the jutsu as long as he could, using his sage mode to keep track of things outside as much as he could.

85/270" -10 for sage mode and Grip of the steel spirit:

Halting Grip Spirit Training: 2087
Training Cocoon of the Steel Spirit: 382/1875

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
As expected, Kenji was nimble enough to avoid Bokuden’s Shock Bullets. No surprise there considering Bokuden was still struggling with the pain created by that sound. The bullets were more of a distraction than anything, setting up Kenji to be targeted by Bokuden to use his Shadow Shuriken Jutsu. Much to Bokuden’s surprise however, Kenji seemed to be aware of the shuriken as they sped towards him, turning to face them before they rained down on top of him. It wouldn’t have been a problem as it was too late to dodge them… if Kenji didn’t pull a defensive jutsu out of nowhere. As much as Bokuden would have liked to lament Kenji’s newest surprise he instead focused in on Kenji’s actions and analyzed the latest twist in their confrontation. The wind seemed to be being expelled from Kenji’s weapon, meaning that this was a bukijutsu technique. “I should have broken that damned sword too,” Bokuden grunted as Kenji began spinning rapidly, the wind barrier deflecting the fuma shuriken as they approached. The fuma shuriken were thrown back from whence they came by the wind barrier, but fortunately the clones of the original all dissipated after the initial attack failed, leaving Bokuden’s two clones unharmed.

“How long is he going to drag this out?” Bokuden thought to himself, irritated by Kenji’s persistence, “Fine. If he wants to play the waiting game then we will play the waiting game.” Bokuden deactivated his Current perception darted back and away from Kenji, having his clones mirror his exact moves and do the same, each heading off in a different direction. They would continue moving backwards at max speed in order to put as much distance between themselves and Kenji as possible, hoping to not only get out of range of that sound, but to force Kenji out of his defensive posture. For this he wouldn’t even need his Current Perception active. Bokuden and both of his identical clones would be at a distance safe enough that Kenji wouldn’t be able to close the gap nearly fast enough to overtake their reaction time. “An amateur flaw in tactical defense,” Bokuden mused to himself as he continued backtracking, “The idea of enclosing yourself in a defense seems like a good idea at first, but it can quickly become a fatal mistake. Unless you have an opponent who is foolish enough to try and break down your walls without adequate force all that you succeed in doing is making yourself an island under siege. All I have to do is wait. Either you are going to starve yourself out or you are going to be forced to make a move aginst an opponent with a tactical positioning advantage. You’re move Kenji.”

Training: 1008

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji spun rapidly and he could feel the fuuma shuriken being knocked away by his cocoon. After the fuuma shuriken were deflected, he waited momentarily for the presumed follow up attack by the clone that was close by, but it didn’t come. Which was smart, who attacks a guy who’s displaying such a powerful defense. Kenji also sensed the real Bokuden dash swiftly just out of his sensing range, and the two clones followed suit. Kenji was able to determine the direction they went so he knew the vicinity of the real Bokuden. He halted, and surveyed to see that Bokuden was running near or at top speed, most likely trying to escape the range of his Genjutsu. “So that’s his next move.” Kenji let Bokuden exit his Genjutsu range. From that distance Bokuden wouldn’t pose a threat anyway, but Kenji would. If for some reason Bokuden didn’t exit his range, Kenji would maintain the Genjutsu.

Kenji’s sage mode faded away, and the raiton he supplied to his kunai ceased (assuming Bokuden leaves the range). Kenji’s hair reduced back to its normal length, and his skin tone was back to its light tanned tone. Kenji slipped the kunai in his pouch and sheathed his rusty katana. Bokuden and all three clones were at a distance that exceeded 50 meters (presumably). Kenji would just wait for Bokuden to make his move, or if he would just keep his distance, cowering away from Kenji’s reach. “Why so far away?” Kenji yelled so that he would be heard. Kenji took a seat on the ground and began eating yet another granola bar that he grabbed from his back pocket, “You don’t mind do you? I’ll just be a minute.” Kenji thought about possibly using this as a diversion to attempt to regenerate chakra, but he figured he didn’t need to. He still had plenty of chakra to finish Bokuden off. “Whenever he’s ready, which will probably be next week, I’ll crush him!” From what Kenji knew, Bokuden didn’t have much of a long range arsenal. Kenji on the other hand had a several jutsus he could launch from 15 to 50 meters. So unless Bokuden planned on running away the whole fight, he was going to walk into a number of traps Kenji had laid down. One wrong step by Bokuden would set off a chain reaction.

Bokuden had to know that he was way out of his comfort zone; from >50 meters he wouldn’t be able to utilize his sensing ability to its full capacity, as it's obviously most effective in close range combat and from this distance he would also be deprived of his close quarters combat affinity. On the other hand he must have been aware that Kenji was in an optimum position. This was a Genjutsu user’s dream against a close combat specialist. Long story short, Kenji was more than content on playing the waiting game. As he chomped on his granola bar he meticulously analyzed Bokuden, waiting for him to make a wrong step so he could capitalize.

Chakra-85/270:

Training Grip of the Steel Spirit still: 2614/3125

OOC:

Last edited by Kenji Chikara on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:55 am; edited 2 times in total

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
As Bokuden backed away from the spinning Kenji he quickly came to his maximum range for his clones, causing him to stop in his tracks at the edge of his range as he glared in at Kenji. As the shinobi stopped his rapid rotations Bokuden noticed his form changing back to its original state, minus all of the feral additions. For a moment Bokuden wondered if that appearance was a byproduct of another one of Kenji’s genjutsu… but he didn’t really see the point of what it would achieve. Not even Kenji would waste chakra just to make himself look like a cat in the middle of a fight… would he? He also isn’t an Inuzuka so it isn’t like he had access to their feral dog based jutsu. The third option that could possibly explain his change in appearance was a ninjutsu of some kind, it did seem to give him enhanced abilities of sorts. He certainly moved faster than he did before, but Kenji was not a ninjutsu user. At least to Bokuden’s knowledge he wasn’t, anyway. If he had ninjutsu in his arsenal and had not used a single one against Bokuden up to this point then it was no wonder that he had never defeated Bokuden in any of their contests. And it couldn’t have been… senjutsu… could it?

Bokuden shook the though off immediately as sitting around and pondering baseless speculation was not going to aid him in the task at hand. What was more surprising to Bokuden however is that no matter what the distance was that he put between himself and Kenji, the ear-splitting noise that was ringing through his head never lessened. Not once in all the maneuvering Bokuden had done had the volume decreased as he moved back or become harsher as he drew in closer. For a shinobi of Bokuden’s caliber a difference in the intensity of the noise should have been detectable, but for some reason it wasn’t. “This isn’t another damned genjutsu, is it?” Bokuden thought to himself as he awaited Kenji’s next move, “If it is there doesn’t seem to be anything it is causing out of the ordinary other than this awful shrieking sound. Either way, if this damn noise doesn’t stop it feels like my head is going to explode.”

With Kenji’s defense down and whatever that transformation was having worn off it was time for Bokuden to make his move. Contrary to what he had expected Kenji remained in his position instead of darting out to take the offensive. “Hmph,” Bokuden huffed with an amused grin, “It looks like he has grown up after all. I guess I’ll throw him a bone and give him the chance to take the defensive for a change.” Drawing three shuriken in each hand Bokuden would throw the first volley in order to force Kenji to either block or dodge them, after which his clone from the opposite side would throw the remaining fuma shuriken to cut off Kenji’s path or attack his blind spot. Immediately after the fuma shuriken would be thrown Bokuden would release to second volley of shuriken aiming at from the opposite side at Kenji’s legs to force him out of position. The subtle staggering and multiple directions from which the throws would be coming from would ensure that unless Kenji had another one of those barrier defenses the only safe escape route would be straight up. If Kenji were to leap into the air to avoid the projectiles then Bokuden would have the water clone that had previously thrown the fuma shuriken exhaust its chakra supply to perform the Water Dragon Bullet jutsu to catch Kenji midair and manipulate it to slam Kenji into the ground.

Trained Water Dragon Bullet (if used): 1500/1500
Training: 149

Chakra:

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji realized that Bokuden couldn't make it out of the range of his Genjutsu, "why would he purposedly stay in the Genjutsu? He had the opportunity to leave the range." Then he looked at how far he was from his clones, it was a significant distance and if he would've kept moving, the distnace would have only increased. It was the only possible reason for Bokuden not to leave the range, and that was, if he did, his hold on his clone jutsu would break. "Ahh, so these clones are vital to his strategy huh? Well, we'll have to do something about that now won't we." Kenji knew that Bokuden and his clones included had been in his Genjutsu for quite some time ( 3 posts= -2 to reflexes) and it was near Kenji's time to capitalize. Now knowing that Bokuden's clones were so important that he would stay in the Genjutsu for them. Three shuriken came flying at him. Just like Bokuden had a decision to either stay in the Genjutsu and keep his clones or leave the Genjutsu and lose them; Kenji had a vital decision to make as well. To go for the finishing blow now, or take his time... "I've never liked waiting much..."

Now that Kenji was alert to the fact that Bokuden's game plan relied heavily on his clones, he was able to prepare himself against their two front attack, eliminating the blind spot they tried to exploit by going back into sage mode. Kenji first ceased the raiton chakra to his kunai. Kenji smacked the shuriken away with three kunai of his own and subsequently knocked the fuuma shuriken down with a swipe from his rusty katana. Another set of shuriken were coming simultaneoulsy, Kenji was able to keep tabs on the projectiles due to his sage mode and he swiftly stepped laterally out of the way. "It's decision time" There was no more than 25 meters separating him and Bokuden, and there was a little less distance between him and the clones. His attention veered to the second clone for a moment as he appeared to be contemplating an attack as well. If an attack was launched on the alert Kenji, he would simply use his swiftness to avoid the attack. If not, Kenji would just stand still after the move by Bokuden.  Kenji would follow up with first sheathing his katana then quickly weaving 5 hand seals; initiating his newest jutsu, that he hoped he wouldn't have to use.

Kenji's body to Bokuden would begin to take on the form of cloth, and then wrap around Bokuden and the two clones immobilizing them. Kenji would in that instant sprint forward at top speed (S rank) with his katana redrawn in his left hand towards the immobile Bokuden. "This has been an interesting match, but one way or the other, this will  most likely be the end."

-20 for sage mode and -10 for Grip used in previous post > 30/270:

Training Grip of the Steel spirit: 3109/3125

Last edited by Kenji Chikara on Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:50 pm; edited 6 times in total

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
As Bokuden prepared his offensive he sensed a stop in the flow of ration chakra into the kunai that Kenji had been holding this whole time, which coincided with an ebbing of the ear splitting noise that had been plaguing Bokuden this whole time. Relieved that the pain that had been hindering him this whole time, but unwilling to halt his attack, Bokuden continued on with his plan. As he threw the first volley of shuriken Bokuden took notice of Kenji’s physical appearance once again changing into that animalistic form that he had taken on earlier. That would not deter him however, from proceeding with his attack. The first three shuriken were deflected mid-air by three kunai thrown by Kenji. Bokuden didn’t flinch, the first attack was never meant to deliver the finishing blow. Kenji then slashed down the fuma shuriken approaching from the opposite side with the sword in his hand and somehow managed to sidestep the three shuriken that were on him almost immediately afterwards. “There he goes again with that absurd awareness,” Bokuden grunted to himself, beginning to get annoyed with Kenji’s antics, “Does it have something to do with that new form of his? Whatever. Either way I need to come up with a new plan. If several small attacks aren’t going to catch him off guard, then maybe what I need is a big attack that he can’t sidestep.”

As the water clone that was previously going to try out another one of Bokuden’s new jutsu instead prepares his Exploding Water Shock Wave, Bokuden returned his thoughts to the jutsu that Kenji had just ended. “So whatever that noise was, it involved ration chakra and that weapon,” Bokuden thought to himself, wiping his ears of the blood that he expected to still be leaking out only to see his hand free of contamination, “What? Was none of that real? It sure felt real.” Raising his other hand to his ear and checking for blood Bokuden found nothing there, only confirming his previous suspicions that it was another one of Kenji’s genjutsu.

The time for speculation had ended as Bokuden and his two clones began to dart forward, closing the gap between Kenji and themselves at their own pace. The clone with the most remaining chakra then immediately activated its Exploding Water Shock Wave jutsu, creating a large wave that would engulf the area, slamming down upon anything caught in its waters.  The size of the wave would make it nearly impossible to avoid straight up, forcing Kenji to either jump or let himself be submerged in the half acre of water that would cover the field. Once he jumped into the air to avoid being crushed under the force of the wave Bokuden would draw his Suikko Tenno  and leap at Kenji while he was airborn, unable to turn or maneuver to get out of the way as Bokuden thrusted his sword into his right shoulder, rendering that arm useless.

Trained Exploding Water Shock Wave: 1500/1500 (In place of the water dragon bullet that I never got to use)

Training: 652

Last edited by Bokuden on Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
Kenji was always impressed at how quickly Bokuden acted, it was never like him to give an opponent any time to relax. Kenji decided the time wouldn't be right to use his Genjutsu. As this decision was made, a torrent of water was shot at Kenji, looking to drown him and probably break a few bones in the process. Kenji had no choice but to jump straight up or... It wasn't like Bokuden to rely on one attack, so it was obvious that Bokuden was hoping for Kenji to elude the jutsu by jumping up...

As the wave of water closed in, the blue haired shinobi's  form reverted back to normal with his rusty katana still in hand and leaped up. As he went airborne, as expected Bokuden met him and proceeded to strike Kenji, looking to once more put a hole in Kenji's chest. As the blade closed Kenji released a stream of fuuton chakra from his weapon propelling him to his right. Kenji thought about travelling only 5 meters and initiating some sort of counter attack but his chakra reserves nor physical stamina would allow it at this point. Therefore, Kenji propelled himself the max distance 15 meters and declared the end of the fight (Since this is just a spar i thought it'd be cool to end it here, I don't really consider this fleeing :)). Kenji slid across the surface, his fatigue showing by his inability to land gracefully. He raised his hand, "Bokuden" He said breathing heavily, "Your status as one of Kumogakure's elite shinobi is not unwarranted. As always your tactical and strategic ability is top notch. I think this is a good place to... pause our fight, what do you say?" Kenji was slouched over trying vainly to keep his integrity by not falling over due to exhaustion.

Trained Grip of the Steel Spirit: 3420/3125

Last edited by Kenji Chikara on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total

Bokuden

Bokuden

D-rank
Just as Bokuden was about to complete his plan and lunge forward to impale Kenji’s shoulder, his opponent used another burst of futon chakra to propel himself to safety. By the looks of his landing however, the match was already over, Kenji’s rough slide atop the submerged field revealing his faltering strength. Bokuden smirked as the clearly exhausted Kenji panted and announced his surrender. “Alright then Kenji,” he replied haughtily, sheathing his weapon and glaring at Kenji from the corner of his eye, “If you’re unable to go any further than I suppose it would be irresponsible of me to try and continue.” Bokuden formed the necessary hand sign and turned to face Kenji once more before continuing, “You should be proud of yourself. You have already exceeded what I expected to be the ceiling of your strength. If your opponent was someone other than me you might have had a decent chance at coming out victorious. I expect your power to keep growing. Don’t disappoint me.” With that Bokuden disappeared into a puff of smoke, leaving behind about an acre of water and his exhausted adversary.

Trained Body Flicker: 750/750

Chakra: 120/300:

Kenji Chikara

Kenji Chikara

D-rank
The fight was over, Kenji struggled to his knees as he sloshed through water. Kenji panted as Bokuden took delight in Kenji's state, he announced that he was somewhat impressed by the progress that Kenji had undergone over the years, but made it clear the gap hadn't closed nearly enough. Kenji was used to the double talk, but unlike past occassions, he wasn't upset. He too was satisfied with his performance, and he knew soon he would get another opportunity to prove that he was the better shinobi...

Exit thread

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.