Sili

D-rank
Symbol:
Thāng Clan Stone14
Clan: Thāng

Kekkei Genkai: Thāng Skipping Technique

Elements: Doton, Suiton

Specialization: Bukijutsu, Ninjutsu

Clan History: The Thāng are a clan of Taoist monks. They are devout to their religion and spend most of their time meditating. Thāng members meditate in different forms, but their most preferable form is skipping rocks. It is said a member achieves enlightenment when they can skip a rock that will never stop. This may appear impossible, but the clan elders insist that it is possible when one realizes that the rock only stops skipping because one allows time to progress. They say it is the individual perceiving the rock that constructs the reality if its skip, and as they construct multiple instances of reality in their head, they create the concept of time. This is the basis of their meditation; to achieve enlightenment and control the passage of time in their minds.

The clan has existed for as long as Taoism. They have spread across the lands and are considered nomads. The world around them is their temple; every second being trying to perceive the individual moments of reality. Because of this, they do not care for material possessions. They did not participate in any of the Ninja Wars, honing their jutsu solely for the sake of defense. Now that villages have been established, most of them some migrated to villages for the sake of safety. While they agree to working for the villages in exchange for this safety, they tend to use non-lethal jutsu unless it is to protect the life of themselves or their comrades. Wherever Thāng members settle, however, they are always nearby water. This originated as a means of survival, staying close to a water source and then maintaining strength to defend your position. Even when in villages they assist locations near water. It is still widely used for survival, however it is now more of a cultural tradition. It is what their meditation is based off of; their interpretation of the Tao. Water supports life, like it supports the rock. It is great well for potential, and when the rock falls, as does life, the materials return to the water. From once one came. The Thāng are observant of water around them at all times. They have honed this observation to see beautiful patterns in something as fast as a splash, or something as "dull" as stagnant water. They appreciate it in all forms, as with everything else around them.

Because the Thāng fighting style was created as a means for defense (and not to kill or even seriously wound an opponent), their attacks are meant to wear down their opponent until their body is too weak to fight or even stand. Because of this, all of their attacks deal fatigue damage rather than actual wounds. As their opponent takes more and more fatigue damage, it will become increasingly difficult to fight. After enough damage is dealt, their opponent will collapse.

Kekkei Genkai Description: The Thāng Skipping Technique is the result of constant meditation over the act of skipping. Thāng members have each perfected their rock skipping abilities on water, and have learned to apply them on land. This results in two things; extreme accuracy even at long distances, and the ability to "skip" stones off of objects. By applying their experience skipping rocks off of waves, logs, etc, Thāng members have learned to skip stones off of the ground and most all objects. These stones can be redirected based on their skips (skipping along a surface parallel can redirect it anywhere in front of itself, hitting a surface perpendicular can turn the rock 180 degrees, etc), however can only skip so long. In order to skip a stone, the member needs to use their entire hand, meaning they cannot throw more than 2 stones at once (1 for each hand) and have them skip. They can only skip skipping stones. The rank of the Thāng member determines how skillful they are at skipping/throwing stones:
Spoiler:

Thāng members must take Ace Eye. Members can carry up to 100 small skipping stones in their pockets if they are wearing the traditional Thāng robe. This increases by 25 per rank above Genin. In any environment with rocks, a member can pick up stones from the ground and use them as skipping stones (treated as talc skipping stones).

The Thāng fighting style is based on dealing fatigue damage rather than normal wounds. An opponent who takes fatigue damage has their fatigue rank increased. Shinobi with Stamina will have a 1 rank grace period before their fatigue rank begins increasing. Shinobi with Fatigue will have their fatigue rank start at .5. Pets/summons are more easily fatigued, and therefore take triple the fatigue damage a normal shinobi would. A shinobi's speed and strength ranks are lowered by their fatigue rank. Their "fatigue threshold" is based on rank:
Spoiler:

Thāng members must state how many stones they use in a post, as well as their opponent's current fatigue level based on how many stones hit in the opponent's last post.

Drawbacks:

• Due to their training being primarily meditation, as well as the unusual amount of stones they carry with them, Thāng members' move 1 rank slower than normal.

• Due to the extreme strain on their bodies due to their technique, members cannot take Taijutsu and take +1 damage from Taijutsu-based attacks

• They must take Bukijutsu(Skipping Stone) as their primary.  

• Due to their passive nature, Thāng members are also forbidden to willingly/knowingly kill someone. Therefore they must take Necrophobia (specifying that they are not fearful of death, simply that they cannot kill another due to their religion) and cannot pair it with a positive trait.

• Because their meditation revolves around perceiving reality for what it really is, all negative Fūinjutsu seals placed on them gain 1 rank to effectiveness.

• Due to their constant meditation, members start with their secondary specialty at D rank rather than C and cannot take "Trained"

Members:

Clan Items:
Spoiler:

Kekkei Genkai Jutsu:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Thang on Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:59 am; edited 45 times in total

2Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:32 pm

Wait what, you cannot have bladed weapons so you take kenjutsu which is all bladed weapons...

3Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Sili

Sili

D-rank
Sorry mistyped; should be bukijutsu. Changed it.

4Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Kenshin

Kenshin

D-rank
Ok, let's get started, shall we?

You need to clarify the section about carrying the skipping stones. No one is able to carry 1000 stones in their pocket and still be effective as a ninja. You should reduce that number to a reasonable one, but keep the drawback.

As for them having 3 elements from the start, the clan would need to have some decent drawbacks. At least 1 or 2 more than they have now.

The drawback concerning not killing anyone, we have a Special Characteristic for that. Just state that members of this clan has to take Necrophobia and can't app a positive SC in return. Be sure to state that you don't actually have a fear, but don't because of religon or whatever.

SS Rank jutsu are for plots only, so please remove that rank from all clan jutsu.

After this is done, we can continue.

5Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:07 pm

Sili

Sili

D-rank
Kenshin wrote:Ok, let's get started, shall we?

You need to clarify the section about carrying the skipping stones. No one is able to carry 1000 stones in their pocket and still be effective as a ninja. You should reduce that number to a reasonable one, but keep the drawback.

As for them having 3 elements from the start, the clan would need to have some decent drawbacks. At least 1 or 2 more than they have now.

The drawback concerning not killing anyone, we have a Special Characteristic for that. Just state that members of this clan has to take Necrophobia and can't app a positive SC in return. Be sure to state that you don't actually have a fear, but don't because of religon or whatever.

SS Rank jutsu are for plots only, so please remove that rank from all clan jutsu.

After this is done, we can continue.
Set stone limit to 100 (added that they can pick up weak stones off the ground). Took out SS rank. Fixed necrophobia. Added 2 more drawbacks.

6Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:06 pm

Aiza

Aiza

D-rank
What's this fatigue damage you reference in the clan jutsu? I don't get what that's supposed to do. Also, members start with all three of these elements? I think the drawbacks should be even heavier, if they do. I originally thought they had a choice between the three, but now I understand a bit more clearly. I don't think that it should require all three of those elements just to skip rocks, though.

7Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Aiza wrote:What's this fatigue damage you reference in the clan jutsu? I don't get what that's supposed to do. Also, members start with all three of these elements? I think the drawbacks should be even heavier, if they do. I originally thought they had a choice between the three, but now I understand a bit more clearly. I don't think that it should require all three of those elements just to skip rocks, though.
Fatgiue damage is explained in the kekkei genkai description and clan jutsu. I discussed it with a mod; they helped me write up the system for it.

Well originally I had it so they only had wind and water (which I think makes more sense; throwing and splashing), but they need a way to make more rocks since they can only carry 100 :/. I'll add more drawbacks I guess.

Last edited by Ukiyo on Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

8Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:21 pm

Sili

Sili

D-rank
Added 2 more drawbacks

9Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:17 pm

Aiza

Aiza

D-rank
The two new drawbacks you added are good ones. You can take out the bladed weapons/jutsu drawbacks because Fuuton without cutting jutsu limits its effectiveness severely. My main problem here is the three elements and the fact that your "The Stone" jutsu gives you an essentially limitless supply of rocks to use. I think that if you were to emit an element, it would be Suiton, and you would need to limit your rock-creating jutsu more. Suiton isn't needed at all to skip stones when you already have wind. If you really want to keep all three elements, then edit your stone jutsu more and we'll see what other edits can be made.

10Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:27 pm

Sili

Sili

D-rank
Aiza wrote:The two new drawbacks you added are good ones. You can take out the bladed weapons/jutsu drawbacks because Fuuton without cutting jutsu limits its effectiveness severely. My main problem here is the three elements and the fact that your "The Stone" jutsu gives you an essentially limitless supply of rocks to use. I think that if you were to emit an element, it would be Suiton, and you would need to limit your rock-creating jutsu more. Suiton isn't needed at all to skip stones when you already have wind. If you really want to keep all three elements, then edit your stone jutsu more and we'll see what other edits can be made.
Well I thought it was a bit of a draw back that anyone with kenjutsu or taijutsu could destroy the pillar pretty much instantly, and any jutsu of the same rank could destroy it too. Also it is stationary, so anyone who could move the user away from the pillar would make it useless to them. I set a limit. Also suiton isn't needed but the splash part of the technique is extremely important. I took out the drawbacks too. What else should we do?

11Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:50 pm

Strafe Aisu

Strafe Aisu

D-rank
I'm just not convinced that Suiton is required for this clan to still function correctly :/ If you can get someone else to sign off on it, I will allow it.

As for the jutsu, cooldown of a jutsu has to at least be 1.5 of the duration. We certainly don't allow jutsu with a 0 cooldown. Also, all jutsu have to have an activation cost. That is non-negotiable.

Also, you throw way too many stones at each rank. At that rate, people's fatigue rank would raise to the max level within a post or two, as no one is agile enough to dodge that many stones in a row.

Change these things and I will take another look.

12Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Strafe Aisu wrote:I'm just not convinced that Suiton is required for this clan to still function correctly :/ If you can get someone else to sign off on it, I will allow it.

As for the jutsu, cooldown of a jutsu has to at least be 1.5 of the duration. We certainly don't allow jutsu with a 0 cooldown. Also, all jutsu have to have an activation cost. That is non-negotiable.

Also, you throw way too many stones at each rank. At that rate, people's fatigue rank would raise to the max level within a post or two, as no one is agile enough to dodge that many stones in a row.

Change these things and I will take another look.
Made Much less stones per post. Took out no activation cost on both. Added cooldown.

Added a bit to history to explain importance of water.

13Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:12 pm

Sili

Sili

D-rank
Lots of changes:
-Took Futon out entirely, including the jutsu.
-The number of stones they can throw per post has been decreased further and moved to the Kekkei Genkai section, as it makes more sense to put it there
-Added another drawback (cannot take taijutsu and take +1 damage from taijutsu)

14Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:40 pm

Tame

Tame

D-rank
Everything seems to be fine except for:

-You mention the traditional Thang robe. Is this a free item/armor?

-Drawback of 500-word meditation. That's such a short wordcount for such an intermittent period....either bump up the wordcount or do it more often. But seriously, who really wants to monitor this? I would prefer if you just took it out....

-Fatigue system. Make it mandatory to state how many stones you used each post. As this system might be convoluted to some, just make it so you have to do the math yourself (though opponents still have to state how many stones hit them).

-Jutsu.
~The Stone: Cooldown needs to be 1.5x-2x the Duration, under no circumstances may it be less than it. You say duration is 5 posts....is that how long the pillar itself holds? Or just how long you can create skipping-stones from it?
~The Splash is fine.

15Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:49 pm

Sili

Sili

D-rank
Tame wrote:Everything seems to be fine except for:

-You mention the traditional Thang robe. Is this a free item/armor?

-Drawback of 500-word meditation. That's such a short wordcount for such an intermittent period....either bump up the wordcount or do it more often. But seriously, who really wants to monitor this? I would prefer if you just took it out....

-Fatigue system. Make it mandatory to state how many stones you used each post. As this system might be convoluted to some, just make it so you have to do the math yourself (though opponents still have to state how many stones hit them).

-Jutsu.
~The Stone: Cooldown needs to be 1.5x-2x the Duration, under no circumstances may it be less than it. You say duration is 5 posts....is that how long the pillar itself holds? Or just how long you can create skipping-stones from it?
~The Splash is fine.
The robe specs have been added.

Ok, I'll take it out I guess. Won't argue with suggesting to take out a drawback xD

Put in mandatory stating of stones thrown/fatigue level

The stone: not sure where that duration came from haha. Fixed to say it will stay until destroyed/depleted (seeing as it is destroyed easily by anyone with Tai/Ken). Also bumped cooldown to 3 (it's possible to have multiple "pillars" out at once, since it's easy to destroy them or force the user to move away from it)

16Thāng Clan Empty Re: Thāng Clan Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Shoutoko

D-rank
Approved.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.