You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Ukiyo vs Juyo Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:24 pm

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Arena Five:
Ukiyo hung from her legs on a bleached white branch, her eyes closed. Her hair draped down beneath her head and swayed to the sides as Ukiyo hummed. She smiled brightly, and after a few minutes, opened her eyes as the blood rushed to her head. Ukiyo swiveled her head left and right, enjoying the temporary high of blood rush. "Blurrryyyyy" She said incoherently as she twisted back and forth. After a few seconds, Ukiyo whipped herself up, grabbing the branch and pulling up into a sitting position. She rubbed her head for a moment, a slight throbbing sensation echoing within it. Ukiyo smiled as she winced, "Ow." After she recovered, Ukiyo stood up on the branch and turned towards the tree’s trunk. She walked over to it, then placed one hand on a branch just above her, her right foot against the trunk, and launched herself up to the next level. She landed elegantly in a squatted position, her hands gracefully falling on some leaves and bark which she took a moment to feel with her eyes closed.

These woods are quite strange. I knew these trees wouldn’t be normal just by their appearance, but this material seems obscure as well. I can’t quite place my finger on what makes them unique, Ukiyo giggled at the pun as she rubbed her finger on a leaf, but it doesn’t appear to effect the composition as much as I thought. Ukiyo stood up and looked around. Yes, it will do quite nicely. She grinned, pulled one hand in front of her in a fist and grasped a branch to her side tightly. Looking out at the forest, Ukiyo yelled out, “Juuuuyooooooo!” She was certainly ready for her next match to begin.

Items:

2Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:48 am

Juyo

Juyo

D-rank
The hot Suna breeze blew through the heavily packed forest as Juyo climbed his way to the top. The match hadn’t started officially yet, so he didn’t want to waste chakra by walking up the tree. There would be plenty of chakra used, and hopefully not wasted, during this match. After successfully beating Ukio in his earlier match, Juyo was feeling pretty confident in his abilities. That is, until he was read the rules for this match. He had taken quite the hit with only elemental jutsu. It would severely weaken his strongest specialization as a ninja; his Genjutsu. After quickly running through them all in his head, he figured he would be all right. He had heard others had it worse, only using non-elemental jutsu. That would severely weaken Juyo considering he also dabbled quite a bit in the Ninjutsu.

Not wanting to waste too much time before the match started, he had climbed high up into one of the ivory trees in the packed forest. Just as he reached his perch he heard his name being called from across the arena’s centered open field to his left. The call made Juyo do a nervous double-take to make sure he was hidden in the foliage. Realizing he was quite hidden, he looked across the field and scanned the trees to where he had heard the call originate. Most likely they would start on opposite sides of the arena, just like last time. He sat in his crouched position, perched on one of the tree’s many branches. Juyo had climbed up about 11 meters, and the tree only went up another meter or so, yet it was closely surrounded by many taller trees as well as a few that were just a meter shorter.

He continued his scan of the treeline, looking for any sign of his opponent. When he had heard her name and then saw the arena that they were assigned, he nearly had a fit. Senju, Ukiyo was her name, and that alone made Juyo respect and be cautious of her. The Senju were well known everywhere, seeing as they were the clan to start the first shinobi village that all the other villages were built off of. Juyo wasn’t a complete idiot when it came to knowing various clans, he knew the most important ones. He had heard that the Senju clan possessed the ability to use Mokuton. If that really was true, then the match was heavily in her favor. That was why he chose to hide away. He needed to play this match as smart as he possibly could in order to win against a girl in her element.

“Begin!” yelled the Examiner from above, announcing it to the stadium to trigger a roar from the audience as the match officially began.

(OOC: I own 10 Kunai and 20 Shuriken that can be found using my 'Locker' link in my Signature)

3Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 am

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo saw a few birds overhead, flying from the direction of the field about 20 meters away. Hm, that's quite an unusual flight pattern. They must have just taken off. Ukiyo directed her attention from where they came. There were dozens of trees tightly packed between her and the clearing, so the most she could make out was a few inches of white/green ground and blue sky between the trees. She continued looking in that direction, keeping perfectly still and her ears alert. Suddenly, a voice sounded that echoed through the entire forest.

"Begin!" Dozens of birds emerged from the woods as enthusiastic cheering followed the announcement. Ukiyo giggled, knowing her opponent had entered the woods and would soon be upon her. She made two hand signs, then climbed the tree she was already on to the very top. It was the tallest in the nearby area; Ukiyo naturally sought it out when she first arrived, as she had grown to do instinctively. When she made it to the top, she peered out. She could see a few trees across the clearing ahead, though it was too far to make out details within them. She let out another call.

"Oyyyy! Juyo!" Ukiyo wasn't about to cross that field, as it would be far too easy for her opponent to ambush from the treeline. She was content with waiting in her tree until her opponent showed up, and as an act of good faith, she declared, "I'm heading deeper into this part of the forest! See you soon!" Ukiyo giggled and dropped back down below the canopy, then retreated further into the woods about 30 meters more. She was still far from the other end of them; they appeared to stretch on indefinitely.

Chakra: 140/150:

4Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:01 am

Juyo

Juyo

D-rank
Birds had flown off everywhere at the Examiner's announcement followed by the roar of the crowd. Juyo tried to spot some sort of movement in the trees around him, but with all of the birds taking to flight, he couldn't tell where the girl was hiding. Cursing under his breath, he made his way from tree to tree, circling the center field. The arena was like a big donut made up of trees and Juyo was circling around it. He stopped, however, on his trek around the forest. He was playing into the girl's hands, chasing after her deeper into the woods.

Shaking his head at his own naivety, he jumped into the open field, landing softly. "So sorry," he yelled back. "But I'm not in the mood for hide and seek!" If she truly wanted to fight, he wasn't about to just run into a trap. As long as he still knew the general area that her voice had come from, he would be okay. Still, he kept watch behind him in case she tried to circle around. Even by not following her, he was still screwed, now putting himself in the open as a prime target.

5Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo was resting in a tree, scouting the surrounding area, when she heard Juyo. Ukiyo thought to herself for a moment, then proceeded to take off her shoes and dropped down to the forest floor, catching her weight silently. She scooped up dirt and began coating her clothes in it, camouflaging them. She improved upon this with strips of moss found on rocks and bark off of trees. Ukiyo was accustomed to picking up camouflage in a pinch, being one of the first survival skills she learned. As she spread a bit of mud on her face, Ukiyo smiled cheerfully. She was literally covered in earth, and couldn’t be more comfortable. She remained crouched as she made her way towards the field, stretching her body in obscure ways to avoid any contact with branches or leaves. Her feet avoided them at all costs; her toes finding patches of dirt to quietly traverse. This way, Ukiyo silently approached the edge of the woods. There was still a large amount of brush obscuring her position, making it nearly impossible to see her yet nearly impossible for her to see. That was fine; she only needed a slight glimpse of her opponent and a petite opening to do what she had planned. Ukiyo crouched perfectly still once she was in a spot that had two small cracks in the foliage: one she could squint to see through and another she could slip two fingers through. She saw her opponent, Juyo, standing out in the field. She flicked her finger: a movement so small that, unless one was already looking directly at it, it would go unnoticed. A microscopic seed flew out from her finger towards Juyo, who stood no more than 10 meters away.

6Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:12 am

Juyo

Juyo

D-rank
Listening as best as he could, Juyo waited for any signs of the girl.  At various breezes in the trees he would flinch, turning to the rustle of leaves.  It had been quite a while of him standing there and the wait had tired out his patience.  What is wrong with me?  It seemed to him that all he could do was make mistakes in this match.  He should have found her before the match started, but decided to hide, then he almost ran after her deep into the forest, and now here he was just standing in the open.  Everything he was doing was the complete opposite of being a smart shinobi.  Cursing under his breath again at his idiocy, Juyo decided the only solution was to get back into the woods.

Dashing into the woods as quick as he could, Juyo looked around him as he ran through some brush, unknowingly running straight into her microscopic seed that landed on the right side of his green jacket.  While he looked around in his run, his feet would catch something and would fall forward in a roll if Ukiyo stayed hidden.  Then picking himself quickly and looking for what had made him trip he found the girl crouched in the brush, covered with dirt, her green hair nearly matching the color of the foliage.  Acting in a panic he would form and fire off a lightning javelin at the girl, using two more javelins later, counting on a dodge of the first one where he would then fire the other two to catch her in the dodge.

However, if Ukiyo decided to move or pop up as he ran, unknowingly in her direction, Juyo would yell out, "Found you now!" at the girl while clapping his hands with lightning chakra meant to blind the girl as he rushed her into a tackle while she was blinded, then pop up onto a lower branch of a tree to make his next move.

Juyo started his dash into the forest, knowing only that he needed to fix the horrible start of the match.  He hoped he wasn't too late in coming to his senses and wished that there would be some way for him to still make this match work in his favor.  Running in a fast sprint to get out of the open field, he came up to some bushes and...

[OOC: Kinda left this up to Ukiyo to choose how it goes.  Hope I didn't overstep my bounds in this post.  Anyways, it'll be -15 chakra if Juyo trips on Ukiyo or -10 chakra if she moves or pops up.  Staying still results in the trip.  Any questions or if I need to edit things, PM me please.)

7Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:58 am

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
OOC: No worries ^.^
IC:

Ukiyo saw Juyo begin to dash towards her, though couldn't quite make out his details due to the foliage. Did he see me? "Tsk," Ukiyo whispered under her breath. If I jump out now, maybe I can surprise him. That is, if he hasn't seen me yet. If he did then I might be jumping into an attack. On the other hand I could dig myself in more. If he hasn't seen me then he will most likely go right past me, but if he has then I'll be a sitting duck. The only safe bet is to assume he saw me. In that case... Before Juyo reached the edge of the woods, Ukiyo lowered herself closer to the ground. She burrowed beneath the ground shortly before he made it to the brush. Silly Juyo, going from an open field into a condensed forest is disorienting. And while your attention's taken- As Juyo made his first step into the woods, Ukiyo's hand popped up from the ground where his foot would land, attempting to grasp his ankle.

Chakra: 130/140:

8Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:13 am

Juyo

Juyo

D-rank
Running through the bush, he felt something grab at his ankles, pulling at him while running.  The sudden grab made Juyo trip and fall, rolling a few feet ahead of him before popping back up to his feet.  Turning to see what had tripped him, he caught sight of a hand reaching from the ground.  So that's where she's been hiding.  Jumping up onto a tree branch, he waited for the girl to appear.  He almost used his Holy Flash technique, but stopped himself because he noticed only her hands were showing.  The flash of light would be meaningless until he could get a shot at blinding her eyes.

Juyo sat in a perched position on the branch, only about 4 meters above the ground.  She was a Senju, so she could use the Wood release, and now it also seemed she could use the Earth release.  He needed to keep track of things before making any rash moves.  This girl was quite the sneaky one, so Juyo kept himself completely on guard.  He wasn't going to let this match end as badly as he had started it.  Surveying the area as he kept track of the girl's hand, he waited for her next move with eagerness.

9Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:43 am

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo's hand grasped Juyo's ankle/pants. This is it! She started to pull him under when her hand began sliding around his ankle while grasping the pants. Ukiyo felt the boy slip out from her grip, but not before using her grasp to force him to fall. She immediately retracted her hand from the opening, and repositioned herself by a nearby tree. Ukiyo poked her head up for a moment to ensure she was out of sight. She was immediately behind a tree, and didn't see Juyo anywhere. She concluded he must be somewhere on the other side of it, obscured from vision. Good, so I'll be hidden as well. Ukiyo climbed up out of the ground and transitioned to climbing up the tree, remaining on the blind side with her hole directly below. When she got to a branch that was on her side, she maneuvered her way up to it as silently as possible. She then peaked out from the side to see if she could see anything. Juyo was squatting in a branch about 5 meters ahead, roughly on the same level in the air as her. He was looking around the area, consistently looking back at the small hole where Ukiyo's hands reached out before. Ukiyo retracted the moment she saw his position, not wanting to give him a chance to find her own. This is going well. Six seeds are in position with about a dozen more spread out. I think it's about time I see what he has to offer. Ukiyo stepped out onto a branch perpendicular to her own. She leaned her weight back towards her original branch with her feet firmly grasping this one and her left hand planted on the trees trunk. "Oy! Looking for something?" Ukiyo giggled and kept her gaze at Juyo's feet, ready for him to make his move at a moment's notice.

10Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:53 am

Juyo

Juyo

D-rank
While Juyo searched among the trees around the area that the hand had appeared from, the girl stepped out onto a branch just 5 meters away from him. “Oy, looking for something?” The girl giggled at him, which annoyed Juyo to say the least. She indeed had made quite the fool of him up to this moment. However, he had finally come to his senses and would fight smarter from here on out.

Taking advantage of knowing where she was, Juyo took out three shuriken with his left hand and three kunai with his right. Initially he would throw the three shuriken straight at the girl, immediately after throwing them he would jump up to a branch on her right side and about 1 meter higher than her. From this new perch, he could best catch her if she tried to duck behind the tree. Upon landing, he would take in to account that she might have moved, and would direct the three kunai in his right hand at her. His left hand would grab three more shuriken as his right released the kunai. Jumping above the girl, Juyo would flip towards the girl, swinging his left arm around with the motion to give these three shuriken a bit more speed from the momentum. These three shuriken would be shot while he was in the air above the girl. After finishing half of the flip, Juyo’s feet would land on a new branch now 8 meters from the ground and would be behind Ukiyo now. (He had been moving around her right side to get behind her.)

Juyo’s goal was to get Ukiyo off the trees and on the forest floor. If not, then his plan would still work. Fortunately for Juyo, a forest meant moisture. There wasn’t much moisture, but he could concentrate it to become enough to suit his needs. As long as he still had the girl within his sights by this moment, he would be ahead. Forming a ring of mist that creates a false copy of her surroundings, Juyo would create five clones that would seem to come out of the ground, the trees and from thin air, surrounding her on all sides. To trick his opponent, Juyo called out, “Splitting-Mist Clone Technique,” while forming the clone hand sign. This was all to trick his opponent. The clones would be armed with kunai and some with shuriken. Juyo watched with eagerness to see the results of his plan of attack.

Chakra 140/150:

11Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:00 am

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo smiled as she saw Juyo draw his weapons. It's about time we had some fun. Juyo began his assault by throwing three shuriken directly at Ukiyo. Such an obvious attack, didn't he think I'd be prepared before calling him out? Ukiyo took a step back and replaced her right foot onto the branch behind the tree, putting her back to the trunk with enough space for the shuriken to fly by in front of her. Her right foot was only on the edge of the branch, preparing for any trap the shuriken may hold. She didn't let her attention leave Juyo for a moment though; her eyes never left Juyo as she avoided his attack, already turning in the direction he moved in. When Juyo launched his next barrage of kunai, and supplemented it by slinging shuriken from above her, Ukiyo allowed her right foot to slide off the branch and she dropped down to the ground. Both the shuriken and kunai landed in rows on the branch, and Ukiyo landed back into her hole, prepared to duck under another assault. She had her gaze set on Juyo still, who was about 13 meters away (5 meters in front, 8 meters up), standing on a branch. Ukiyo jumped out of the hole and began up the tree again,

"Is that really all you have? A few shuriken?" Ukiyo giggled again as she reached her branch; Juyo's attacks were well coordinated, but ultimately too slow to trap her. She picked up a pair of shuriken and kunai in each hand from the branch. As she did this, Ukiyo noticed a thick mist forming in the forest, and her view of Juyo became obscured. She noticed several mist clones coming out of the woodwork around her, as well as Juyo calling out his jutsu. Fuck this. She jumped up with one foot from the branch and kicked off the trunk with the other, launching herself towards Juyo's position as she activated her jutsu and put distance between herself and the clones. He was only about 5 meters ahead of her and Ukiyo's speed would make short work of that. To top it off, Ukiyo threw the weapons she had picked up at him: one kunai centered on him, one shuriken to his right, one to his left, and the last kunai right below the branch he was standing on. Ukiyo was aiming to land on the branch he stood on and sweep Juyo's feet while simultaneously smashing his throat as he fell. If he jumped up she would launch herself from the branch and throw him by the ankles into the tree trunk. Ukiyo was confident in her speed: at this distance, Juyo would surely be lucky to counter the kunai, let alone her attack.

Chakra:120/150:

12Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:38 pm

Juyo

Juyo

D-rank
(OOC: Just a sidenote, the exact distance would be 9.43 meters between Juyo and Ukiyo. Kinda math-nerded out when I did that.  :P  The Math)

His plan had achieved its purpose, although now the girl tried to retaliate.  Her attempt to charge him was pointless.  The ring of mist would only be visible to him, and as long as she was in the genjutsu, the ring would follow her, keeping her trapped.  As she grabbed some of his own weapons, he formed an illusion of himself right where he was.  The projectiles missed Juyo as he hopped up to a higher branch and out of the ring, using the genjutsu to mask his real body.

The kunai hit Juyo’s illusion, slicing it almost completely in half from the middle torso up to the head.  He threw two kunai as he moved away, each aimed at her chest.   Each side pulled out kunai and swung forward at the charging Ukiyo, lining up with the thrown kunai so that the illusion would seem real. Since Ukiyo was moving rapidly and the ring followed her, keeping her the center of its 10-meter wide circle, Juyo would have to be constantly on the move.

She was smart to go after Juyo before he had the chance to get out of the ring himself, though it would prove futile as he could just generate more illusionary clones around her as the clones she left behind the others.  They would fade out as the ring moved past them.  For now, the only attack would be his illusions’ counter, which wasn’t his best, as he had to react fast.  Her speed seemed to be that of a chuunin, and she dodged all of his projectiles with ease, meaning her reflexes were better than his own as well.  He needed to keep her at a distance, but also still in sight.  She seemed to be quite the tricky little girl.

Chakra 135/150:

Last edited by Juyo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:16 am

Reminder; you have 24 hours before the week clock runs out and it'll go up to staff vote.

14Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:49 pm

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
Ukiyo watched as her kunai sliced the Juyo in front of her in half, splitting him into two more copies of himself. She sensed the seed moving upward, away from the original position. The real one's not there. He should be right above- The two clones in front of Ukiyo launched two kunai directly at her. She was mid-charge, and knew it wouldn't be possible to dodge them since she was in the air. Time to launch the first attack. Ukiyo, already with her arm out in front of her, formed a hand sign by tucking in her middle/ring finger and touching her pinky to her index; a sign that took less than a split second to form. When she did this, a sprout of bamboo came out of her elbow and stretched up the length of her arm, sharpened at the end. She used this to block the kunai, which bounced off it and flew off behind her. At the same time, however, Ukiyo activated two of the seeds she had planted on Juyo's ankle. The two seeds on Juyo's ankle would instantly begin growing bamboo inward towards his ankle, stabbing him in two separate spots on his ankle and sweeping his foot with the momentum. By the time Juyo would be swept, Ukiyo would land on the branch before the two clones and leap up off it directly towards Juyo, not waiting a second for the clones to get a hit in. While rising she would thrust her arm up towards the falling boy and stab him with the bamboo on her arm while he was stunned.

Chakra:105/150:

15Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Juyo

Juyo

D-rank
The green-haired girl blocked the kunai with bamboo. Her speed was amazing, much faster than Juyo had first anticipated. He had barely made it out of the ring of mist when suddenly a sharp pain hit both of his ankles, making him fall off his branch. What the hell is going on? he asked himself as he fell, seeing bamboo sticking into his ankles. Where did they come from? Before he could really comprehend what was happening to him, the girl was upon him. Thrusting down at his chest, her bamboo stabbed down into Juyo's chest.

This match had gone completely against him. He had started it off all wrong and because of that he would lose this match. The attacks to his wound were strong enough that he wouldn't be able to move well on his feet. These thoughts went through Juyo's head as he crashed hard onto the forest floor. Still, she was right there, piercing him with her bamboo and Juyo knew he could take advantage of her being so close. Instantly three lightning javelin appeared around Juyo (one to his right, left, and one above his head. As soon as they had formed, Juyo fired them at her. The ones beside him were aimed at her ribs and the javelin above his head aimed at her throat.

Chakra 120/150:

16Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:03 pm

Ukiyo

Ukiyo

Dead
As Ukiyo drove her bamboo into Juyo's chest, she couldn't help but giggle. Success! Success! The momentum of her strike tilted Juyo back in the air, ultimately resulting in him landing on his back with Ukiyo driving her bamboo into his chest on the forest floor. There was a few inches separating her hand and his chest, the bamboo connecting her arm to him. Ukiyo was about to pull her arm diagonally upwards to tear open the wound further when she saw three bright lights begin to form around Juyo. Whatever it was, she was far too close to dodge. Ukiyo instinctively flattened the hand just inches away from Juyo's chest, her body trying to escape as quickly as possible. I wanted to save this, but- Ukiyo's chakra was already surging down her arm and jolted a seed in her palm. The seed began growing at an incredible rate, a full grown tree growing from it into Juyo's chest and propelling Ukiyo upwards. Juyo's javelin, however, clashed with the tree as soon as it spawned. They cracked the trunk and sliced down most of the way before dissipating. This results in them successfully stopping the momentum of the tree and preventing it from crushing Juyo, as well as destroying the tree. However this also leaves Juyo laying beneath a tree's worth of debris about to fall on him. Ukiyo hangs in the air behind all of the debris. She steps on the stump of the tree and rides it down towards Juyo, watching over the edge in case of another attack.

Chakra: 90/150:

17Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:06 am

The proctor stared at his watch in disappointment. This had been going on for hours now, and they had finally hit the time limit. "STOP!!" Roared the proctor, and the battle fell silent. "Time's up. This is falling to the assembled Daimyo Lords and their representatives to decide who they feel fought better and is therefore moving on." The pair and their proctor stood silent in the arena for the better part of ten minutes, until finally a man in a fine robe walked out onto the field. "I have the verdict. The winner is Senju, Ukiyo from Konohagakure no sato."

18Ukiyo vs Juyo Empty Re: Ukiyo vs Juyo Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:12 am

Updated: Changed Ukiyo to the winner since even though Juyo won the staff vote, Juyo was nice enough to concede.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.