You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down Message [Page 1 of 1]

1In Over Your Head [Kiri --> Suna] Empty In Over Your Head [Kiri --> Suna] Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Ollin

D-rank

The air was thick- not so thick that Ollin found it hard to breath.
    Or perhaps it wasn't that the atmosphere itself had suddenly barred it's fangs against him, but that his intentions betrayed him.
    He'd thought on the matter for some time, considered it carefully for longer.
    The Chunin Exams were not to be used as a pathway to the rank that the name suggested. Ollin intended to use them primary as an information pool and to develop inter-national connections.
    Of course, that was a good deal easier said then done. You needed to be in a position of power to wield influence if you had popped out of the blue with no priors in your history.

And Ollin was by no means about to threaten the scourge of the undead onto a group of people whom he knew next to nothing about. Several groups that was, no need to clump them all together.

Brushing his hair back into it's customary ponytail, Ollin arranged his effects into an organised heap in his backpack and set off towards his destination.
    His appearance was simplistic, with a white undercoat, layered with red and green patterns which was apparently supposed to reference, or invoke images of trees and fire.
    Not something he expected to see much off where he was going, albeit the later was probably more likely to be absent.
    As far as Ollin knew, the population who held at least a supplementary torch for the combustion element was high in some areas.
    Konoha in particular, through whatever social particulars, it just wasn't seen that often in Kirigakure no Sato.
    There probably was the odd individual through genetic drift, but one or two from the masses didn't really amount to anything aside from an outlier in the statistics.

Nothing special, or at least- not really. Smiling at least partially, Ollin stepped out from his apartment flat, the keys stowed safely in his pocket, everything else locked up reasonably tightly- it'd be a right pain to come back to an unexpected reduction in worldly possessions. Although, if he was truthful with himself, Ollin really only had a few hidden stashes of coffee, nothing else really of value was there beyond the odd book and some clothes he'd picked up from Suna itself.
    It was more the thought then anything else. Stopping by the Smoking Kettle, Ollin knocked casually against the door as he entered, pausing only to bow and remove his sandals. The owner was a traditionalist, and observing those small rules tended to give you a bit of bargaining room.
    Smiling at the elderly male, who most conspicuously regarded Ollin without the same look.
    "I hear that you are taking part in the Exams."
    It may have sounded innocent enough, but the context was always important in situations like this.
    "That is correct Suei-dono, you have good sources of information."
    "Bah, I live in one. Nearly everyone with some connections visits a coffee shop and spreads their networks through here."
    Ollin only acknowledged this point with a sharp dip of the head, still somewhat wary of where this conversation was going- although he felt that he could predict it well enough if he could be given ink and paper.

"Do you know how many boys and girls go off each year to these things -looking for glory- and don't come back?"
    "I do Seui-dono, I wouldn't be going if I didn't."
    Here Ollin paused before continuing.
    "My departure is not for valour, but for future prosperity. Valour is not excluded, but it isn't my primary goal. The hierarchy of Shinobi isn't so important to me that I'd gamble my life for it. I know that much."
    The older male grunted, bringing attention to the cup of coffee he was making, before handing the Styrofoam cup to Ollin.
    "Come on back soon boy, and don't drink too much coffee while you're over there. You'll raise the price."
    "Thank you Seui-dono, I will be mindful. See you soon." Bowing again as he departed the building, Ollin sipped the free coffe- not questioning the actions of one of his longer standing friends.
    He hoped to see that face again soon as he exited out into the wilderness of Mizu no Kuni.
    [Exit]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden belong to © Masashi Kishimoto.